PDA

View Full Version : J.R. Smith hinting he is NY bound.

knickshottic
02-04-2012, 07:13 AM
TheRealJRSmith JR Smith
Pick an Roll was nice wit NeNe I can imagin what it would be like passing it to @Amareisreal would be like? #justthinkingtomyself?

TheRealJRSmith JR Smith
I don't think I can let home go out like that I'm loyal dude! Plus @carmeloanthony is family! #jerzeystareofmind

I hope the knicks get J.R. Smith and somehow trade for sessions... Wouls solve alot of their (our) issues.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-04-2012, 07:15 AM
No, he just messing around on his twitter. Today, he's tweeted things like "How many seats do Staples seat?" and some tweet about passing the ball to @paugasol.

He's just messin around. He is not Knicks bound or Lakers bound or Clippers bound or Spurs bound. He's still exploring his options.

knickshottic
02-04-2012, 07:33 AM
We need him more then any other team. Hope he come to ny

Trace
02-04-2012, 08:01 AM

Really? Do the Knicks really need another chucker?

Bruno
02-04-2012, 08:41 AM
if NYK can land Smith and make a move for a sessions/aaron brooks type PG theyll be in good shape for playoffs. a coaching change couldn't hurt either. NYK should bring back van gundy.

Jesse2272
02-04-2012, 09:02 AM
TheRealJRSmith JR Smith
Pick an Roll was nice wit NeNe I can imagin what it would be like passing it to @Amareisreal would be like? #justthinkingtomyself?

TheRealJRSmith JR Smith
I don't think I can let home go out like that I'm loyal dude! Plus @carmeloanthony is family! #jerzeystareofmind

I hope the knicks get J.R. Smith and somehow trade for sessions... Wouls solve alot of their (our) issues.

Im shedding tears right now...

lvlheaded
02-04-2012, 09:17 AM
I would take him. We need backcourt help!

Knicks21
02-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Just need scoring.

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2012, 09:48 AM
I kinda want to see him in a Clippers uniform. Then CP3 would have multiple weapons to choose from when he was bring the ball up.

The Lakers would be a good fit for him too.

Big2win
02-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Are there any teams that can offer him more than the 2.5 room exception the Knicks can offer? Where you at Still!?! lol

koreancabbage
02-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Just need scoring.

no, you need a real PG who can micro manage Stoudemire and Carmelo

I think there is a lot of wasted possessions those two guys have, whether it be passing up an opportunity or just taking bad shots.

I think there is enough scoring cuz you got two big time scorers and a somewhat supportive supporting cast.

JR Smith is NOT what you need.

Raidaz4Life
02-04-2012, 10:46 AM
If any team needs him its really the Lakers who are terrible offensively but are doing more than adequate defensively.

Corey
02-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Youd think the Knicks would want Brooks more than Smith.

Chill_Will_24
02-04-2012, 11:05 AM
TheRealJRSmith JR Smith
I don't think I can let home go out like that I'm loyal dude

He is from NJ and the Nets are on their last year in NJ and losing. Nets bound?

gwrighter
02-04-2012, 11:08 AM

my thoughts exactly. Seeing as how many players are wanting to play in NY, the teams MGMT isn't showing that great of a team building aptitude.

Kay-Gee
02-04-2012, 11:12 AM

Brooks is restricted. Phoenix is going to retain him.

blahblahyoutoo
02-04-2012, 11:13 AM
he's attention whoring?

Vincent33
02-04-2012, 11:25 AM
That would be a good deal for NY. They need more offensive minded players...:rolleyes:

kozelkid
02-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Meh, he's been twitter whoring for abasically every team he was interested (i.e. LA, Chicago and NY) since last summer. This doesn't really mean anything.

therealwd27
02-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Knicks def dont need JR Smith...Lol why isnt this in the Knicks forum? The guy has tweeted about multiple teams not just the NYK

Tmath
02-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Lol Knicks fans praying for someone to come save them.

KingPosey
02-04-2012, 12:49 PM
I believe JR Smith can help the Knicks a lot more than most people think. He is an idiot, but when he has it going, I dont know of really any player that can put up more points in a short span. He can be completely unguardable when his jumper is falling.

KingPosey
02-04-2012, 12:52 PM
And he may be a "chucker", but the Knicks have a bunch of chuckers who cant score for ****, minus Melo. JR Smith can drop 40 off the bench, and him and Melo obviously can play with eachother.

Im not saying he is there PG answer, because he isnt, but he would help that team.

BallIsAll
02-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Jt smith "Thats what i want to hear! RT @mmostek4: @TheRealJRSmith how bout with @cheddahcheese7 6th man of the year! #blueandyellow"

scutch11
02-04-2012, 01:15 PM

Brooks is restricted and JR isn't. If we offer Brooks the 2.5 exception the Suns will just match it

PurpleJesus
02-04-2012, 01:33 PM
remember when Lebron was supposed to be NY bound? and Dwight? and Bosh? and Nash? and....the list goes on and on.

Gritz
02-04-2012, 01:46 PM
remember when Lebron was supposed to be NY bound? and Dwight? and Bosh? and Nash? and....the list goes on and on.

Lol

Jolly Fats
02-04-2012, 01:50 PM

The Knicks need to figure out their coaching situation more than anything. Until they do that, they risk adding more pieces that don't complement the system or other players.

therealwd27
02-04-2012, 01:53 PM
And he may be a "chucker", but the Knicks have a bunch of chuckers who cant score for ****, minus Melo. JR Smith can drop 40 off the bench, and him and Melo obviously can play with eachother.

Im not saying he is there PG answer, because he isnt, but he would help that team.

Its not about him not being able to get it going..he can..and will...there arent enough shots as it is for Melo and Amare..and they dont even mesh well...Adding another ball dominate player isnt going to help. Amare,Shumpert and Melo are all shoot first..Adding a JR Smith player to that equation isnt going to make it easier anytime soon..They are already 8-15..I hate the knicks..But as a fan of the game adding a player like Smith is going to make them lose more than win, atleast right now..And witha record of 8-15 they cant afford to lose any more..They are already on verge of not making playoffs. Its too risky.

kenzo400
02-04-2012, 02:10 PM

lol, no they need another guy who can't play defense.

Federal Reserve
02-04-2012, 02:12 PM
The Knicks are back, baby. The Knicks have one of the worst benches in the NBA, so Smith would be the 6th man.

John Walls Era
02-04-2012, 02:15 PM
People actually like this move? Have they not been watching Knicks basketball?

therealwd27
02-04-2012, 02:21 PM
People actually like this move? Have they not been watching Knicks basketball?

:facepalm: i know smh

Blah Blah Blah
02-04-2012, 02:25 PM
to the knicks fans who are taking this twitter thing too seriously need to realize that JR 'whores' himself out via twitter to every team in the nba it seems. If this is who they are banking on also, shows how bad the situation really is in nyk despite all the trash talk they had been doin leading up to this season.

therealwd27
02-04-2012, 02:26 PM
to the knicks fans who are taking this twitter thing too seriously need to realize that JR 'whores' himself out via twitter to every team in the nba it seems. If this is who they are banking on also, shows how bad the situation really is in nyk despite all the trash talk they had been doin leading up to this season.

Well said..I still hate you..But well said lol :clap:

SeoulBeatz
02-04-2012, 02:27 PM
I like J.R Smith's game, easily one of the best scorers in the NBA even with his streakiness. But I don't know if this is the player NYC needs ATM with Melo and Stat.

Federal Reserve
02-04-2012, 02:28 PM
No one here has seen more than two Knicks' games all season. I have seen every game, and I can tell you that having J.R Smith come off the bench would be a luxury for us.

therealwd27
02-04-2012, 02:32 PM
No one here has seen more than two Knicks' games all season. I have seen every game, and I can tell you that having J.R Smith come off the bench would be a luxury for us.

Ive actually watched 11 games lol..Im from NY..its not about him not being able to contribute its about him meshing..Will adding him result in more losses or wins? Considering the shortend season, there already bad record can they afford to sign him..and then lose more? There wont be enough basketballs in MSG for Shumpert,Melo,Amare and Smith.

Cubby
02-04-2012, 02:32 PM

You really think that's what you need? What you need is a PG to facilitate and a team with actual defensive capabilities. You really think another scorer will help? Dream on, Knicks fans!

therealwd27
02-04-2012, 02:45 PM
According to NBA sources, D’Antoni will not be fired today despite back-to-back, last-second losses to Chicago and Boston, disputing a report earlier this week. But with the club at 8-15, his job security is in heavy question, and D’Antoni may not be able to afford losing to the Nets tonight in the last game of their back-to-back-to-back set. New York Post

lakerboy
02-04-2012, 03:37 PM
LMAO Knick fans are funny with that "_______ to NEW YORK" Your team is still worse than the Cavs :)

mttwlsn16
02-04-2012, 03:53 PM
No, he just messing around on his twitter. Today, he's tweeted things like "How many seats do Staples seat?" and some tweet about passing the ball to @paugasol.

He's just messin around. He is not Knicks bound or Lakers bound or Clippers bound or Spurs bound. He's still exploring his options.

completely agree

nycericanguy
02-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Anyone that has watched any Knick games will tell you what NY needs BADLY is a 3rd scorer and a guy that can shoot the 3 and create his own shot.

So yes JR would be huge for them.

Outside of Amare & Melo who does NY have that can create a shot or score 15 points?

The Final Boss
02-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Lakers.

mttwlsn16
02-04-2012, 04:03 PM

exactly!!!!

federal reserve is the only knicks fan on PSD!!!!!

he just has many dupe acct's thats why the knicks forum has more than one poster

Sadds The Gr8
02-04-2012, 04:10 PM
If he was smart he'd go to Lob City.

NFLNBA
02-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Can the Lakers use that trade exception money from the Odom trade on J R Smith? It was worth what 9 mil?? No one else can offer that much that he would consider. It ALWAYS comes down to money with these guys untell they are in there late 30's. J R is still very young and will play with who ever pays up the most!

Raph12
02-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Great news for Knicks fans, another ball dominant player who can't pass worth a damn...

NFLNBA
02-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Someone tell me why is it Kenyon Martin was allowed to come back early but not J R and Brooks ect???

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-04-2012, 04:26 PM
hhmm.. i like the thought of him playin in jersey for the remander of the last season played in jersey.

COME HOME TO BRICKCITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTar786
02-04-2012, 04:27 PM
he would help the lakers out the most.. but i think he will go to new york.

new york wont get much better though. they need a new coach more than another scorer.

smith coming off the bench for kobe and playing more minutes at the 3 could take mins away from ron and we could just use ron as a back up 4 now. then we can have murphy and mcroberts play sporadic minutes because they both suck

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Someone tell me why is it Kenyon Martin was allowed to come back early but not J R and Brooks ect???

not 100 percent sure but I think martins team didnt make the playoffs

Cracka2HI!
02-04-2012, 05:02 PM
I'd love to have JR Smith on the Clipps. I don't think he makes sense for the Knicks but they have the $2.5 million exemption and have to try to do something. If Baron Davis comes back, he may actually revive their offense. D'Antoni loves chuckers, his best Phoenix teams basically had Nash and a bunch of chuckers that played no D. Smith could defenitely lead them back in that direction.

I think the Nets will also make a run at him and I think they still have cap space. For that reason they make the most sense to me. It's starting to seem like Howard is going to end up in New Jersey also, so anything they can do to make themselves more attractive to Howard as possible.

meloman1592
02-04-2012, 05:08 PM
The Knicks season depends on a bunch of "if's". If baron davis comes back healthy, they'll be a much better team. If they sign JR to spark their bench, it will be dynamite. If they can find cohesion, they WILL threaten Chicago AND Miami for the eastern crown. That being said, as long as Dantoni is coaching, none of it will happen. I'm a Knick fan but I'm not biased. They are one of the worst teams in the league at the moment but they're also a team that can flip the script in the blink of an eye. The most hate I see on these boards come straight from Miami and Chicago fans....now if the Knicks are so terrible (which they actually are right now) then they should be an afterthought to you elite teams, why even click on a forum that has nothing to do with the Knicks since no matter what, they're still garbage...it's because the potential is there and you guys know that once it's harnessed, it will be extremely hard to beat them

Punk
02-04-2012, 05:21 PM
It's amazing how awfully wrong and ignorant people here can be. The problem with us is lack of a PG for halfcourt offense and a productive bench.

We have fixed the halfcourt offense the last 3 and 4 games but the bench play has been terrible. So, yes he would help us tremendously if he signed.