PDA

View Full Version : Should Grant Hill be traded?

Cracka2HI!
02-04-2012, 01:17 AM
I'd love to have him on the Clippers. I wonder if they would take Foye/Gomes and Bledsoe? What would you give up off of your team?

Chronz
02-04-2012, 01:33 AM
First question, have you seen him this year?

Mishmin
02-04-2012, 01:43 AM
Grant who?

Duncan = Donkey
02-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Grant who?

that never gets old:rolleyes:

Duncan = Donkey
02-04-2012, 01:47 AM
He should be traded though, PHX are horrible and Hill and Nash should both be traded.

Hill's shot hasn't been their this year, he has played great defense though.
Nash has been carrying this team, but he needs to traded cause Phoenix need to rebuild now and get a high pick this year.

Cracka2HI!
02-04-2012, 03:15 AM

No but have you seen Gomes play? I think Hill could help us win a title and Bledsoe can't. I'd be more inclined to do this if we are able to sign JR Smith...which would be amazing!

lavilevi23
02-04-2012, 03:41 AM
If the Clippers also sign J.R Smith, its simply unfair lol

kblo247
02-04-2012, 04:01 AM
He would have to give up his bird rights like Hump would in jersey because of his deal. He only gives those up for a contender, other wise he Devean George's any deal

sunsfan88
02-04-2012, 04:07 AM
Clippers can have Frye as well.

Bledsoe, Cook for Hill, Lopez & Frye?

Not sure if it works salary wise though...

xILLN355
02-04-2012, 04:17 AM

am i the only one thats missing something? i havent watched the suns at all this season. is lopez and frye that horrible to be included in that deal?

GoatMilk
02-04-2012, 04:24 AM
he was a FA. he chose to stay in Phoenix this year
it isnt about winning. it's about love of the game and being where he's comfortable. he obviously likes Phoenix

so keep him. let him sign somewhere in the offseason if he's ready to go ring chase

btw im not hating on him calling him a loser for not wanting to sign with a contender. just stating facts. he was a FA, had offers from contenders, but chose to stay where he's more comfortable

Bulls_fan90
02-04-2012, 04:25 AM
If the Clippers also sign J.R Smith, its simply unfair lol

Vinny is still their coach. So there is some hope for the rest of the league.

Chronz
02-04-2012, 04:46 AM
No but have you seen Gomes play? I think Hill could help us win a title and Bledsoe can't. I'd be more inclined to do this if we are able to sign JR Smith...which would be amazing!
Losing Gomes wont bring a tear to my eye but why give up on Bledsoe for a guy who looks like he may have a year left in him at best?

I can see the argument that his teams and his struggles are just a result of the lockout but I still wouldnt make that trade right now. His stock is low and Bledsoe is still an athletic prospect at the position. Hes got real defensive potential and Id rather take a gamble right now. IF Hill can muster 1 last playoff run, then he could be a slight difference maker, but not one worthy of losing out on a career of a backup caliber PG to help CP3 age gracefully. And those are tempered expectations for him.

Chronz
02-04-2012, 04:48 AM

That would be awesome

apet8945
02-04-2012, 05:47 AM

Salaries are no where close to working. Bledsoe and Cook make a little below 3 million together. Hill and Frye together make 12.1 million and Lopez makes 2.86 million.

Birdmannn
02-04-2012, 05:56 AM
he was a FA. he chose to stay in Phoenix this year
it isnt about winning. it's about love of the game and being where he's comfortable. he obviously likes Phoenix

so keep him. let him sign somewhere in the offseason if he's ready to go ring chase

btw im not hating on him calling him a loser for not wanting to sign with a contender. just stating facts. he was a FA, had offers from contenders, but chose to stay where he's more comfortable

Was he a free agent ? or restricted?

Heediot
02-04-2012, 06:28 AM

Maybe his stock is cheaper now and we can get away with giving them just the TPE instead of Bledsoe.

Heediot
02-04-2012, 06:29 AM

Damn I wish you were the Suns GM.

sunsfan88
02-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Salaries are no where close to working. Bledsoe and Cook make a little below 3 million together. Hill and Frye together make 12.1 million and Lopez makes 2.86 million.

Do the Clippers have any big expirings?

adidas2307
02-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Vinny is still their coach. So there is some hope for the rest of the league.

Too true. ****in' Vinny. :pity:

Cracka2HI!
02-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Losing Gomes wont bring a tear to my eye but why give up on Bledsoe for a guy who looks like he may have a year left in him at best?

I can see the argument that his teams and his struggles are just a result of the lockout but I still wouldnt make that trade right now. His stock is low and Bledsoe is still an athletic prospect at the position. Hes got real defensive potential and Id rather take a gamble right now. IF Hill can muster 1 last playoff run, then he could be a slight difference maker, but not one worthy of losing out on a career of a backup caliber PG to help CP3 age gracefully. And those are tempered expectations for him.

It sounds like Hill isn't the right guy. I'd prefer to keep Bledsoe if possible but I think he's the only peice we have that can land us the wing defender we need. We could also use a legit big guy like Lopez from the Suns.

sunsfan88
02-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Damn I wish you were the Suns GM.

I wish I was the Suns GM too! I probably wouldnt sign guys like Childress, Warrick, Frye to big deals and pass on guys Collison, Lawson, Holliday etc in the draft.

MTar786
02-04-2012, 07:30 PM
they should trade nash for picks and cap relief. they owe it to him. trade nash to lakers for tpe and lakers 1st and 2nd pick + dallas future 1st

then lakers can trade morris, mcroberts, ebanks and blake for hill as a bonus for the suns and their future

nash/fisher
kobe/goudelock
barnes/hill
gasol/artest
bynum/murphy/gasol

smith&wesson
02-04-2012, 07:51 PM
thread title should be "should hill & nash be traded" and the answer is yes. its time to rebuild for phx. and maybe nash and hill can go get their rings somewhere before they retire.