PDA

View Full Version : Why the lakers should keep bynum

estreet4dawin
02-03-2012, 10:33 PM
I think that keeping andrew is a better decision then getting D12. arguably Right now D12 is a better center however, bynum has the potential, if he stays healthy, to be the better player. he is already the better offensive player, by that i mean, he has more ways to score then Dwight. bynum is better at spotting up, playing with back to basket, and free throw shooting. the only thing that dwight is better at offensively is doing highlight dunks. dwight averages 15 rebounds and bynum averages 12. dwight and bynum both average 2 blocks per game. dwight is 26 years old and bynum is 24, so if the lakers trade bynum for dwight what more will they be getting? 3 more rebounds a game with less offensive upside? personally i think the lakers do not need to make a big trade, unless a deron williams for pau gasol (but that wont happen), they just need to get a quick point gaurd who can drive the lane and pass it out or score when needed. Agent Zero might be that guy.

justinnum1
02-03-2012, 10:38 PM
now that howard wont go there, why would they trade bynum?

estreet4dawin
02-03-2012, 10:44 PM
i never thought they should trade bynum, i like the idea of using the trade exception to pick up a decent backup PG or using gasol to get a big name PG

Iodine
02-03-2012, 10:45 PM
http://troll.me/images/facepalm-picard/oh-no-not-that-thread-again.jpg

nickdymez
02-03-2012, 11:09 PM
I think that keeping andrew is a better decision then getting D12. arguably Right now D12 is a better center however, bynum has the potential, if he stays healthy, to be the better player. he is already the better offensive player, by that i mean, he has more ways to score then Dwight. bynum is better at spotting up, playing with back to basket, and free throw shooting. the only thing that dwight is better at offensively is doing highlight dunks. dwight averages 15 rebounds and bynum averages 12. dwight and bynum both average 2 blocks per game. dwight is 26 years old and bynum is 24, so if the lakers trade bynum for dwight what more will they be getting? 3 more rebounds a game with less offensive upside? personally i think the lakers do not need to make a big trade, unless a deron williams for pau gasol (but that wont happen), they just need to get a quick point gaurd who can drive the lane and pass it out or score when needed. Agent Zero might be that guy.

Awesome

MagicBucsSox
02-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Why can't Bynum have an article without Dwights name involved? No that its known Dwight don't wanna be a lakers, now it's "this is why we need Bynum". Lol. At bynums age Howard already had a gold medal and "carried his team to the finals" and won his first DPOY. Wasn't a guy just along the ride

BigCityofDreams
02-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Just not sure if Bynum can stay healthy going forward

ldawg
02-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Dont see why Howard is afraid of the big stage in La. Maybe he feels he just wont stack up. But lets get this clear the only thing Howard and Shaq have in common is free throw shooting and the superman thing so i don't see the big deal. Its a different decade so who cares. I dont see Bynum being hampered by it so why would Howard? Howard is no Shaq, Shaq was way more dominant way way bigger everyone knows that. At Howard age Shaq was worth Pau and Bynum easy. Howard by an inch or two can land Bynum. Howard is only better than Bynum because he is more athletic so he is a better defender being more active. He can gaurd smaller quicker players while Bynum is bigger and Slower. Howard should be glad to be in the same breath with Shaq because he is close to being DeAndre Jordan.

MagicBucsSox
02-03-2012, 11:59 PM
^^^ at howards age Shaq had as many rebounding titles and DPOYs as I do. Two sides of the ball. Yea shaq was better offensively but that's it. Truth be told we have never seen how good Howard is until he gets to play next the great top tier perimeter guys shaq always has. Never played with other defenders or true pf's like Shaq has either

And this ain't Shaq diss its just facts. That man is way I'm a Orlando fan so it's no diss

Sssmush
02-04-2012, 12:01 AM
it's so obvious that the Lakers turned down multiple Howard trades, and that they had made up their mind to stick with Bynum and pass on Howard before the season started.

if the decision were up to Kobe, Kupchak, Mike Brown or any of the coaches and players, DH12 would definitely be a Laker. But this time, the decision is 100% the guy who owns the team.

those saying that Bynum is better than DH12 on offense are just being ridiculous. in fact I'm not sure if OP is being sarcastic, I think maybe. Dwight dominates the frontcourt and demands double and triple teams constantly. no comparison whatsoever

actually Jim Buss should just name himself coach. why not, he owns the team, he can do wahtever he wants. Any ten guys in a bar could probably coach the team just as good, so why the **** not?

I'm sure that most good Laker fans will get behind the decision of Buss to coach, to be the first owner GM coach in the league. Fans will support the decision because that's what fans do

jmoney85
02-04-2012, 12:06 AM
it's so obvious that the Lakers turned down multiple Howard trades, and that they had made up their mind to stick with Bynum and pass on Howard before the season started.

if the decision were up to Kobe, Kupchak, Mike Brown or any of the coaches and players, DH12 would definitely be a Laker. But this time, the decision is 100% the guy who owns the team.

those saying that Bynum is better than DH12 on offense are just being ridiculous. in fact I'm not sure if OP is being sarcastic, I think maybe. Dwight dominates the frontcourt and demands double and triple teams constantly. no comparison whatsoever

actually Jim Buss should just name himself coach. why not, he owns the team, he can do wahtever he wants. Any ten guys in a bar could probably coach the team just as good, so why the **** not?

I'm sure that most good Laker fans will get behind the decision of Buss to coach, to be the first owner GM coach in the league. Fans will support the decision because that's what fans do

ton of LOL in this post

Sssmush
02-04-2012, 12:06 AM
wait, new conspiracy theory

David Stern wanted DH12 in LA because of the vast market and the incredible hype and publicity it would generate. So, that factored in the vetoing of the CP3 deal, which would've paired CP3 with Bynum and took the Howard deal off the table.

Now the Lakers are just doubling down on Bynum. Wow its a longshot, really an impressive longshot. Of course we haven't seen any real outstanding production so far, so I guess we are still at the potential stage with Bynum, but I'm thinkin that maybe next year or the next year, we may see Bynum start to really put up some numbers and start to dominate

Sssmush
02-04-2012, 12:12 AM
ton of LOL in this post

go back and look at the media leaks and press reports about this story since before the beginning of the season.

where is the LoL? you don't think Orlando made offers? you don't think DH12 wanted to go to LA? It's a matter of record that he did want to go to LA, and it's well known that Orlando was requesting Pau and Bynum and so probably other packages were on the table too. You don't think kupchak and Kobe would want DH12 on the team?

it's obvious that DH12 just got tired of the Lakers showing no desire to get him, so he just saves face by saying he won't sign with them. He's saying he dont want them, after Lakers said in effect they don't want him.

but since before the season, Lakers were on the list and were heavily rumored as his preferred destination.

which means the Lakers have rejected him, so he is dissing them back.

ldawg
02-04-2012, 12:16 AM
^^^ at howards age Shaq had as many rebounding titles and DPOYs as I do. Two sides of the ball. Yea shaq was better offensively but that's it. Truth be told we have never seen how good Howard is until he gets to play next the great top tier perimeter guys shaq always has. Never played with other defenders or true pf's like Shaq has either

And this ain't Shaq diss its just facts. That man is way I'm a Orlando fan so it's no dissOk he is a better ben Wallace. Shaq was a nightmare for coaches. If Howard played ten years ago Shaq would have him on the bench. so i guess you agree with me. The only thing Shaq and Howard have in common is free throw shooting and the superman thing. Shaq was a big beast pure dominance and Howard is a Athletic big that can rebound, is smaller and quick enough to gaurd out the paint and win slam dunk contest. only Howard and shaq worry about that stuff no one cares they are different.

jmoney85
02-04-2012, 12:17 AM
go back and look at the media leaks and press reports about this story since before the beginning of the season.

where is the LoL? you don't think Orlando made offers? you don't think DH12 wanted to go to LA? It's a matter of record that he did want to go to LA, and it's well known that Orlando was requesting Pau and Bynum and so probably other packages were on the table too. You don't think kupchak and Kobe would want DH12 on the team?

it's obvious that DH12 just got tired of the Lakers showing no desire to get him, so he just saves face by saying he won't sign with them. He's saying he dont want them, after Lakers said in effect they don't want him.

but since before the season, Lakers were on the list and were heavily rumored as his preferred destination.

which means the Lakers have rejected him, so he is dissing them back.

face the facts.... not everybody wants to go to LA.... all season we have been hearing nets nets nets... not really much of the lakers..

lakersiznumber1
02-04-2012, 12:25 AM
i say 4get dwight hes starting 2 act like a lil girl jus play basketball and shut up already everyday its something new with him let him go 2 the nets. Lebron and wade will own his ***** every year.

D12 fan
02-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Wow,had to be a Laker fan who made this thread.Dwight has destroyed Bynum everytime they matched up their career,did you see the Laker/Magic game last month were Dwight destroyed Bynum/Gasol by himself,stop saying that Bynum will be better than Dwight because he never will be dominate for a whole season.Even Bynum knows he's not on D12 level,he made a comment before they played the Magic that he looks up to D12 and tries to learn from his game.

Sssmush
02-04-2012, 12:30 AM
face the facts.... not everybody wants to go to LA.... all season we have been hearing nets nets nets... not really much of the lakers..

don't get me wrong, if he goes to the Nets it will be kind of cool. Deron + Dwight, double Ds in brooklyn, that will rock

it gives the league another marquee team that is worth watching. NJ will be a hot ticket for TNT and all that. next year I'd like to see a game in NY

of course the Lakers are really coasting into rebuilding mode now. LoL it's laughable that people think a "quality point guard" will put them over the top. Lakers have no backup center, virtual d league players at small forward, a (highly talented) rookie at backup shooting guard, and are paper thin at point guard and have no real offensive flow or rhythm. on top of that Pau is playing subpar at PF right now, and mUrphy and mcRobert are just so so backups not getting too many minutes

so, trade Pau for a PG and now you have a return of the Del Harris Vlade Divac Nick van Exel Lakers.

Bynum = Vlade

ldawg
02-04-2012, 12:53 AM
don't get me wrong, if he goes to the Nets it will be kind of cool. Deron + Dwight, double Ds in brooklyn, that will rock

it gives the league another marquee team that is worth watching. NJ will be a hot ticket for TNT and all that. next year I'd like to see a game in NY

of course the Lakers are really coasting into rebuilding mode now. LoL it's laughable that people think a "quality point guard" will put them over the top. Lakers have no backup center, virtual d league players at small forward, a (highly talented) rookie at backup shooting guard, and are paper thin at point guard and have no real offensive flow or rhythm. on top of that Pau is playing subpar at PF right now, and mUrphy and mcRobert are just so so backups not getting too many minutes

so, trade Pau for a PG and now you have a return of the Del Harris Vlade Divac Nick van Exel Lakers.

Bynum = Vladeno no no no no Now way they should trade Pau or Bynum unless its Bynum for Howard. Bynum can handle any center in the Nba 1 on 1 any and that includes howard. Most teams have to double team him. And the only way like i Say i go with Howard over him is Howard is the better defender.

D12 fan
02-04-2012, 01:13 AM
^What makes you think Orlando will trade you D12 for just Bynum,Dwight went for 20pts/20reb on Bynum 1 on 1,the Lakers should just move on from Dwight because he doesn't want to play with a aging team with no future.

Raph12
02-04-2012, 01:24 AM
Currently Bynum's numbers are on par with Gortat, Bargnani, Monroe, Big Al, Hibbert and MGasol. Some have better numbers than Bynum, but the point is that only one stands out from the rest and that is Dwight. Saying Bynum has the higher ceiling, considering that they're barely two years apart in age, is laughable.

If the Lakers did Bynum for Dwight today, in a straight swap, the Lakers become better for the next 5-7 years, while the Magic will be setback big time... For the foreseeable future.

Sssmush
02-04-2012, 02:02 AM
no no no no no Now way they should trade Pau or Bynum unless its Bynum for Howard. Bynum can handle any center in the Nba 1 on 1 any and that includes howard. Most teams have to double team him. And the only way like i Say i go with Howard over him is Howard is the better defender.

well, Pau obviously will get traded, he is being shopped far and wide, probably get some kind of PG SF combo in return.

Bynum obviously won't get traded. Jesus christ, is that not clear enough? Bynum won't be traded, even for Howard, the idea of Bynum getting traded from this Laker team is an outright impossibility

Leftcoast_yg
02-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Wow,had to be a Laker fan who made this thread.Dwight has destroyed Bynum everytime they matched up their career,did you see the Laker/Magic game last month were Dwight destroyed Bynum/Gasol by himself,stop saying that Bynum will be better than Dwight because he never will be dominate for a whole season.Even Bynum knows he's not on D12 level,he made a comment before they played the Magic that he looks up to D12 and tries to learn from his game.

R3ALLY!!!! So your just gonna use this past game to make the assertion that Bynum cannot handle Dwight??? What are you 2? Did you not know how long it took Dwight to get a dunk, A Dunk, in the 2009 finals??? Guess who was guarding him? Man I hate it when people make a opinion-based judgment without taking in consideration "games that had heavy meaning(Playoffs, Finals)"

And this part of your post..... "stop saying that Bynum will be better than Dwight because he never will be dominate for a whole season.Even Bynum knows he's not on D12 level"

How do YOU know that Bynum will never dominate a whole season? He seems to be doing that a lot this season so far and there are coaches, players tv-analyst and non-laker fans who will say the same thing. Stinkin pea brains.

ldawg
02-04-2012, 09:33 AM
^What makes you think Orlando will trade you D12 for just Bynum,Dwight went for 20pts/20reb on Bynum 1 on 1,the Lakers should just move on from Dwight because he doesn't want to play with a aging team with no future.First Off Howard is not a 20/20 guy he is 20/15 bynum is 17/12 Second If La land Howard in Three Years Pau,Walton,Artest and Kobe $$ is off the Books they can sign who they want to play with him and that player could be Lebron never know. and lastly If La trade Bynum for Howard it will come along with picks and trade exception.

ldawg
02-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Currently Bynum's numbers are on par with Gortat, Bargnani, Monroe, Big Al, Hibbert and MGasol. Some have better numbers than Bynum, but the point is that only one stands out from the rest and that is Dwight. Saying Bynum has the higher ceiling, considering that they're barely two years apart in age, is laughable.

If the Lakers did Bynum for Dwight today, in a straight swap, the Lakers become better for the next 5-7 years, while the Magic will be setback big time... For the foreseeable future.No no.no.noo, Howard will not be in Orlando 5-7 years i think thats the part people are keep missing. You will not get back equal value for Howard, no team will do the NY. Of all the Players rumored Bynum is the best impact player an all star center that draws double teams sometimes more. Getting a young proven player is better than a draft pick. its 50/50 you pick the best player. See Greg Oden Brandon Roy? i Bet Portland wish they can do that over again. 2005 and 2007 draft take a look at some of the names picked before Bynum and Marc Gasol. Marvin and Bogart was pick before Paul and Williams, Gortat was pick 57. its hard to see who your are getting unless its a clear cut like Lebron. Some teams do luck up playing the draft like Bulls, Clippers, Okc, etc but look how long it took them. Others still waiting to get lucky.