PDA

View Full Version : Why does the national media favor the 76ers over the Pacers.

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm not trying to start any fights or anything, but it seems like Philly is getting a ton of love from the national media while Indy gets somewhat snubbed. The other day Stephen A. Smith said Philly was a tougher team when asked to compare the two. While I agree that the Sixers are a good and improved team, they have had the easiest schedule all year I do believe including several games at home. The Pacers are one of only 3 teams to have 9 road wins and only 1 home loss, the other two are the Bulls and Thunder. Last year the Pacers were one of the worst road teams... it was horrible to watch. The Sixers have a real test coming up. They haven't really had any significant wins on the road. Again, I'm not trying to bash the 76ers or anything here. I think both teams will challenge the Bulls and Heat in the playoffs and it should be more of a fight between those 4 teams in the east rather than just the Bulls and Heat. I would also like to ask for people to stop comparing the Pacers to the Hawks of the recent past. We have all of the size in the world and a true center, we also have 7 guys that can score double digits on any given night. ;)

pd7631
02-03-2012, 07:26 PM
What was the Pacers record last year? What was the Sixers record last year?

Wouldn't it make sense that the better team last year, that also has a better record this year gets the nod? And the fact that the Sixers beat the Pacers helps too.

The Pacers haven't exactly faced the toughest schedule either...

Detroit x2
Toronto x2
New Jersey x2
Cleveland
Charlotte
Sacramento
Golden State
Minnesota

You also have to take into account the way the Sixers are winning games. Sure we've had a pretty cake schedule thus far, but we aren't squeaking by these teams. We do lead the NBA in margin of victory, and we also have the best scoring defense in the NBA.

Evolution23
02-03-2012, 07:27 PM
no one cares about either of those teams. they have no shot at winning a championship.

xILLN355
02-03-2012, 07:30 PM
maybe cause sixers are better? :shrug:

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 07:30 PM
no one cares about either of those teams. they have no shot at winning a championship.

So I guess the Knicks are? :rolleyes:

EaglesJackson10
02-03-2012, 07:32 PM
There have been 38 teams in N.B.A. history with a point differential of at least plus-10.0 points a game through their first 18 games. The median winning percentage of those teams was .753, which translates to 49.7 wins over a 66-game season. Additionally, 24 of those teams advanced to the N.B.A. finals, with 19 claiming the championship.

In short, mediocre teams do not go on extended runs in which they routinely outscored opponents by double-digit margins. If history serves as a guide, Philadelphia is a contender.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/36450/sixers-contenders-time-to-decide

Basically it's not just that they have a good record it's that when they've won they've blown the other teams off the court. They haven't really won any close games. They could easily have a better than they do now. Has the schedule been easy absolutely. They also have the best defense in the league and they've had two of their important big men out for a while. They're a really good team as are the Pacers but the reason they are favored in the media is they are leading their division over the Knicks and Celtics (two of the biggest markets in the league) and have been impressive in their victory.

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 07:32 PM

Wouldn't it make sense that the better team last year, that also has a better record this year gets the nod? And the fact that the Sixers beat the Pacers helps too.

Detroit x2
Toronto x2
New Jersey x2
Cleveland
Charlotte
Sacramento
Golden State
Minnesota

You also have to take into account the way the Sixers are winning games. Sure we've had a pretty cake schedule thus far, but we aren't squeaking by these teams. We do lead the NBA in margin of victory, and we also have the best scoring defense in the NBA.

Last year was last year. Technically the 76ers record isn't better, both teams have lost the same amount of games. We didn't have Granger or Hill when we played you guys. I'm not one to make excuses like this, but Granger is kind of a big part of our offense... We have also won in LA, Boston, Chicago, and Orlando.

EaglesJackson10
02-03-2012, 07:33 PM

Lol Knicks.

pd7631
02-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Justin Kubatko, of Basketball-Reference, doesn't mess around with numbers. He doesn't get all excited about things that don't matter. And the other day in The New York Times he wrote:
There have been 38 teams in N.B.A. history with a point differential of at least plus-10.0 points a game through their first 18 games. The median winning percentage of those teams was .753, which translates to 49.7 wins over a 66-game season. Additionally, 24 of those teams advanced to the N.B.A. finals, with 19 claiming the championship.

In short, mediocre teams do not go on extended runs in which they routinely outscored opponents by double-digit margins. If history serves as a guide, Philadelphia is a contender.
^^
Can the Pacers say this?

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/36450/sixers-contenders-time-to-decide

smith&wesson

this

wow

chitown815
It's the Fear to face Paul George, same reason some ppl are afraid to say bloody mary in the mirror, they think if they pretend something so powerful and awesome doesn't exist it wont bother them

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 07:36 PM

Basically it's not just that they have a good record it's that when they've won they've blown the other teams off the court. They haven't really won any close games. They could easily have a better than they do now. Has the schedule been easy absolutely. They also have the best defense in the league and they've had two of their important big men out for a while. They're a really good team as are the Pacers but the reason they are favored in the media is they are leading their division over the Knicks and Celtics (two of the biggest markets in the league) and have been impressive in their victory.

Those are good points, but I'll respond with this. Their losses haven't been pretty. Don't you think the fact that they have played so many games at home against sub-.500 teams has something to do with the fact that they have the best defense? As far as them leading their division, the Celtics are getting better, but neither them or the Knicks are very good this year.

EaglesJackson10
02-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Last year was last year. Technically the 76ers record isn't better, both teams have lost the same amount of games. We didn't have Granger or Hill when we played you guys. I'm not one to make excuses like this, but Granger is kind of a big part of our offense... We have also won in LA, Boston, Chicago, and Orlando.

I don't want to pick at your words here but technically the Sixers definitely have a better record. Realistically the Pacers could have the same at this point in their season though with a win tonight.

Hustlenomics
02-03-2012, 07:37 PM
the 76ers young talent is finally getting it together and winning games let them have praise for once

GodsSon
02-03-2012, 07:38 PM

Knicks are the flop of the year lol

EaglesJackson10
02-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Those are good points, but I'll respond with this. Their losses haven't been pretty. Don't you think the fact that they have played so many games at home against sub-.500 teams has something to do with the fact that they have the best defense? As far as them leading their division, the Celtics are getting better, but neither them or the Knicks are very good this year.

I agree the Knicks and Celtics aren't very good. But from the national media perspective who thought that the Sixers would be better? I would have thought they were better than the Knicks but I don't think very many people in the National Media would have. The easy schedule might have something to do with the defense but you can't ignore that it's there. Not all teams hold bad teams to below 80 points. Or even good teams like the Hawks.

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 07:41 PM
the 76ers young talent is finally getting it together and winning games let them have praise for once

I gave credit to your team, I like the 76ers. I'm just saying the Pacers are doing the same things and get no credit. Just imagine if it was the other way around, wouldn't you be kinda mad?

chitown815
02-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't think the media cares about either team imagine ECF w/ those teams and think what the ratings would be #notgood

EaglesJackson10
02-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Knicks are the flop of the year lol

People should really go look through some of the preseason threads. A lot of us saw this coming. Knicks were severely overrated to start the season.

2-ONE-5
02-03-2012, 07:43 PM
If you dont believe in the Sixers defense just ask Howard and Rose what they think about it

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 07:44 PM
^^
Can the Pacers say this?

I don't want to sound like I'm beating a dead horse here or whatever, but hear me out here. The 76ers have had a lot of home games and a lot of games against sub-.500 teams. I would say that is a big factor to their point differential so far this year. The Pacers haven't had the toughest schedule, but they have had a lot of road games and last year we absolutely sucked on the road. We are beating the teams we are supposed to beat by double digits for the most part as well.

Bravo95
02-03-2012, 07:45 PM
I would also like to ask for people to stop comparing the Pacers to the Hawks of the recent past
Well, the Hawks already proved they could win a playoff series. Their issue hasn't really been the lack of size, it's the lack of a dependable go-to guy in the clutch. That's the problem the second tier of teams face against the Bulls and Heat. Doesn't matter who gets national attention, all weaknesses get exposed come playoff time.

pd7631
02-03-2012, 07:46 PM
I gave credit to your team, I like the 76ers. I'm just saying the Pacers are doing the same things and get no credit. Just imagine if it was the other way around, wouldn't you be kinda mad?

I don't really see where all this credit is that the Sixers are getting from the national media that the Pacers aren't getting. Magic Johnson left the Sixers out of his top 5 teams in the east. I think Jon Barry and Michael Wilbon also didn't really give us any credit if I remember correctly.

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 07:46 PM
If you dont believe in the Sixers defense just ask Howard and Rose what they think about it

Well I'm sorry to break it to you, but we beat both those teams on their respective homecourts... :eyebrow:

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 07:48 PM
The Hawks already proved they could win a playoff series, and their issue hasn't really been the lack of size, it's the lack of a dependable go-to guy in the clutch. That's the problem the second tire of teams face against the Bulls and Heat. Doesn't matter who gets national attention, all weaknesses get exposed come playoff time.

I guess that's true, what these teams do in the post-season really determines it all. I just thought this would make for interesting conversation is all, I'm glad there are two teams in the east not named the Heat or Bulls getting all the love. :D

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't really see where all this credit is that the Sixers are getting from the national media that the Pacers aren't getting. Magic Johnson left the Sixers out of his top 5 teams in the east. I think Jon Barry and Michael Wilbon also didn't really give us any credit if I remember correctly.

Maybe it's my homer-bias, but it just seems like most of the guys on ESPN talk about the 76ers when it comes to improved teams. I'm just saying we shouldn't be left out of the conversation.

bholly
02-03-2012, 07:51 PM
This was my response when you brought up the exact same thing in another thread a few days ago:

Yeah. I think part of it is that up until the last week the Pacers' schedule had been just as soft team-wise, and people just don't notice home and away records nearly as much as they should. Another aspect is that the Sixers have been totally destroying bad teams, and huge wins and points differential are things that do get noticed. Also, Indy got more love leading into the season, while for a lot of people the Sixers were more of a surprise, and hype is story-driven.

I think, though, the biggest thing could be timing. The Sixers' hype, at least in the major media outlets, all pretty much happened over one or two days - around the 10th of Jan when we were suddenly #1 in the Hollinger rankings, and #4 at Sports Illustrated and there were a bunch of articles about us on ESPN that day - it all came out of nowhere really suddenly. And it just so happened that day, when the spotlight was on us the most, we beat Sacto by almost 30 and had beaten Indy by 10 the day before to go up to like 3rd in the East or whatever. Once the spotlight and story moved on the next day, that sort of hype was what stuck in people's minds.

So yeah, I think it's a combination of the above things. I wouldn't worry too much about it, though - it's just hype.

A lot has changed in the last week - the Pacers had some great wins, and we had a horrible loss, etc. Hype is largely media (and power rankings) driven, so you've got to give it time to catch up. Then a few more Pacers wins like @Chi and @LAL, and a cooling of the Sixers as the schedule gets brutal, and the respect will even itself right out.

Also, since then the Pacers moved above the Sixers in ESPN's rankings, which exactly what I was anticipating when saying about needing to wait a few days for that sort of thing to catch up.

I don't know why this is such a big deal to you, though. Just enjoy having a great young team, don't worry so much about getting hype or whatever. None of that matters.

TheIlladelph16
02-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Indiana is a very good, young team just like the Sixers and deserve some more media attention. To answer your question though, Sixers have the better record, big margin in their victories, and Philly is a bigger market and draw than anywhere in Indiana.

Reptar
02-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Didn't we already put a whoopin on you guys?

Bravo95
02-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I guess that's true, what these teams do in the post-season really determines it all. I just thought this would make for interesting conversation is all, I'm glad there are two teams in the east not named the Heat or Bulls getting all the love.
The Hawks are in that boat also, since they are 16-7 despite losing Horford. TNT was gushing about all three teams yesterday actually. But that success also means you could get a playoff matchup vs an experienced club like Boston or Orlando (if they keep Dwight), so like I said, national attention doesn't really matter because the teams aren't that far apart IMO.

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Indiana is a very good, young team just like the Sixers and deserve some more media attention. To answer your question though, Sixers have the better record, big margin in their victories, and Philly is a bigger market and draw than anywhere in Indiana.

Well we are kind of hosting the Super Bowl right now. :rolleyes:

bmd1101
02-03-2012, 07:58 PM
76ers are a bit better, but if the teams traded cities I think the Pacers would be getting more recognition.

pd7631
02-03-2012, 08:00 PM

pssh, Super Bowl? Who cares about the Super Bowl? Wing Bowl is where it's at!

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 08:00 PM
This was my response when you brought up the exact same thing in another thread a few days ago:

Also, since then the Pacers moved above the Sixers in ESPN's rankings, which exactly what I was anticipating when saying about needing to wait a few days for that sort of thing to catch up.

I don't know why this is such a big deal to you, though. Just enjoy having a great young team, don't worry so much about getting hype or whatever. None of that matters.

It's not that it's such a big deal, I guess it's just the fact that we've sucked for so long and now we are finally good again. I don't know what it is. It's all good, like I said I like your team as well and I'm not trying to start a Philly-Indy rivalry lol.

ZamboniCub
02-03-2012, 08:01 PM
National media doesn't favor either. Look what game is on nationally tonight... Boston v New York. Go vote for Gingrich, you nut.

TheIlladelph16
02-03-2012, 08:01 PM

haha valid point..... Still a smaller market though. Bigger market teams get the most media exposure unless your a media darling like the T-Wolves this season. Sucks but its the way things are...

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 08:02 PM
pssh, Super Bowl? Who cares about the Super Bowl? Wing Bowl is where it's at!

Lol...

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 08:04 PM
haha valid point..... Still a smaller market though. Bigger market teams get the most media exposure unless your a media darling like the T-Wolves this season. Sucks but its the way things are...

True. Indy has been getting a lot of praise from the celebrities and athletes that have been here this week. I'm just glad we can be having this conversation about our teams, I'm not trying to come off as an annoying Pacer fan or whatever. On another note, it appears as though the Pacers-76ers game is going to be on ESPN on March 14th.

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 08:09 PM
National media doesn't favor either. Look what game is on nationally tonight... Boston v New York. Go vote for Gingrich, you nut.

I'm not quite sure what the last part of your post even means. I hope the 76ers and Pacers start replacing the Celtics and Knicks in the national TV schedule soon though. That's sadly what will get butts in the seats. Also, serious question, have the 76ers had any games on TNT or ESPN this year?

gbrl
02-03-2012, 08:09 PM

this. this is the best team we have had since the brawl and they are winning, thats all i care about

pd7631
02-03-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm not quite sure what the last part of your post even means. I hope the 76ers and Pacers start replacing the Celtics and Knicks in the national TV schedule soon though. That's sadly what will get butts in the seats. Also, serious question, have the 76ers had any games on TNT or ESPN this year?

We don't have any on TNT this year, we get like 4 or 5 on ESPN starting in March I think. A little surprised we didn't get any on TNT considering Doug Collins' history there.

Corey
02-03-2012, 08:11 PM

Detroit x2
Toronto x2
New Jersey x2
Cleveland
Charlotte
Sacramento
Golden State
Minnesota

Couldn't have said it any better. Completely agree.

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Couldn't have said it any better. Completely agree.
Sometimes I think you have it out for the Pacers.

Teams Philly has played under .500:
Washington x3
Detroit x2
Toronto
Knicks
Milwaukee
New Jersey
Charlotte
Kings
Pheonix
Golden State

xILLN355
02-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Paul George is 6'10.

Hustlenomics
02-03-2012, 08:44 PM

they aren't my team lol but if you expect them to get the same attention the heat and clippers get then yea you're going to get frustrated

5ass
02-03-2012, 08:57 PM
because they 76ers give out free philly cheesesteaks to the media.

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 09:08 PM
they aren't my team lol but if you expect them to get the same attention the heat and clippers get then yea you're going to get frustrated

I don't expect that at all.

Sixerlover
02-03-2012, 09:11 PM
What is the animosity from Pacers fans? We get no love either really. And whenever we do it's Sixers / Pacers in the same sentence.

GoPacers33
02-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Mike Wells just tweeted that the Pacers vs Philly game will be on ESPN. Now everyone's happy

wjmoffatt
02-03-2012, 09:22 PM
1.) Stephen A Smith writes for the Philly inquirer is the only reason he says that stuff!
2.) Pacers are a better team! Who cares about a regular season record! Memphis record was worse the San Antonio's last year but who won that series? Tell the Giants records don't matter! Pacers bench is better, their Center is better, SF's and PG's are washes, and Paul George is a better SG. Pacers would win the 7 game series. Philly is a bigger market city is the only reason they get more love! Philly is a great team don't get me wrong, both could make noise in the playoffs! I mean hell back win the C;s won the championship the Hawks a team built on chemistry took them to 7 games, these teams could easily do that to the Bulls and Heat and even beat them! Anything can happen when teams play hard D, are scrappy, play together, and believe! Cards vs Rangers world series, who saw that coming? Giants in the SB, who saw that coming at the beginning of the year? Dallas winning it all, who saw that happening when the playoffs started?

GoPacers33
02-03-2012, 09:40 PM
^ agreed

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Well I rest my case just look at what we're doing against Dallas tonight.

bholly
02-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Yeah, impressive game against Dallas tonight.

Sadds The Gr8
02-03-2012, 11:45 PM
already knew who made the thread before I opened it...

Corey
02-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Sometimes I think you have it out for the Pacers.

Teams Philly has played under .500:
Washington x3
Detroit x2
Toronto
Knicks
Milwaukee
New Jersey
Charlotte
Kings
Pheonix
Golden State
Really, I have it out for the Pacers because I believe Philadelphia is a better team?

Interesting.

PacersForLife
02-04-2012, 12:00 AM
already knew who made the thread before I opened it...

Didn't know I had such a reputation. It's probably because I'm one of the few Pacer fans to post in the NBA forum. :) I don't even care what you gotta say to me tonight.

pacersfan1967
02-04-2012, 12:03 AM
..pacers beat defending world champs at there place ...Finaly getting on national tv ...were now 16-6...

PacersForLife
02-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Really, I have it out for the Pacers because I believe Philadelphia is a better team?

Interesting.

Well it seems every time something is mentioned about them you are saying something against them. Not just this one time....

Cal827
02-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Damn Paul George. He's bringing an end to the world, and he won't know it until he get to 7'2 and can see it :D

Anyways, good job to the Pacers. Larry Bird has done a great job.

PacersForLife
02-04-2012, 12:11 AM
I bet somewhere Kevin Love is wondering where he can get a hand on those "pills" Paul George took before tonight's game.

Sadds The Gr8
02-04-2012, 12:12 AM
threads like this are why everyone makes the Paul George height jokes...

Raps18-19 Champ
02-04-2012, 12:12 AM
If any Pacers fan ask why people make so much Paul George jokes, it's threads like these that trigger it.

VCaintdead17
02-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Didn't know I had such a reputation. It's probably because I'm one of the few Pacer fans to post in the NBA forum. :) I don't even care what you gotta say to me tonight.

No, you're just really obnoxious/overbearing. Stop forcing these kind of things man, as a Pacer fan, I can honestly say that you are embarrasing us as a whole. Chill out out with the thread making, we'll arrive to the forefront soon enough.

Raph12
02-04-2012, 12:15 AM
I bet somewhere Kevin Love is wondering where he can get a hand on those "pills" Paul George took before tonight's game.

Nice sig, too bad it didn't count...

VCaintdead17
02-04-2012, 12:16 AM
For the love of god.....

PacersForLife
02-04-2012, 12:18 AM
No, you're just really obnoxious/overbearing. Stop forcing these kind of things man, as a Pacer fan, I can honestly say that you are embarrasing us as a whole. Chill out out with the thread making, we'll arrive to the forefront soon enough.

76er fans make these types of threads. I'm not trying to be obnoxious.... It was just something in my mind at the time. I thought this was a place to discuss things going on in the NBA, I guess I was wrong. I really don't think I make too many threads in the NBA forum. Let's all go back to talking about the Heat and Bulls and every other large market, sorry fellow Pacer fans...

PacersForLife
02-04-2012, 12:30 AM
I'm sorry to offend any fellow Pacer fans, I'm just happy like most of us should be. I'll try and control my happiness. I don't wanna be known as overbearing, so I'll simmer down on posting in the NBA forum I guess...

VCaintdead17
02-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Yeah thanks for reinforcing my point.

kozelkid
02-04-2012, 01:24 AM
To be honest, it hasn't seemed like the national media has preferred Philly over Indiana.

In fact, it seems like Philly has been quite overlooked.

ombada
02-04-2012, 01:42 AM
Nice sig, too bad it didn't count...

yes... yes it did. In fact it was #1 on sportscenters top plays that night.

Raph12
02-04-2012, 01:50 AM
yes... yes it did. In fact it was #1 on sportscenters top plays that night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsokYIzRHN0

Didn't count, he stepped out of bounds prior to dunking it, also why Dwight didn't bother trying to block or move.

PacersForLife
02-04-2012, 01:57 AM
Yeah thanks for reinforcing my point.

Whatever. I'm not one to fight with a fellow fan, but you don't speak for everyone and are not better than everybody like you might think.

PacersForLife
02-04-2012, 01:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsokYIzRHN0

Didn't count, he stepped out of bounds prior to dunking it, also why Dwight didn't bother trying to block or move.

My bad, I just found the picture one day, I didn't know when it was from....

Raph12
02-04-2012, 02:00 AM
My bad, I just found the picture one day, I didn't know when it was from....

It was a great looking dunk... I just wish they didn't call that so they'd have a confrontation at the rim.

I saw Paul's dunk on Hibbert, gave me chills, I'd love to see what he could do in the dunk contest.

bringbackfredex
02-04-2012, 02:16 AM
Because the Sixers are 16-7, have one of the deepest teams in basketball with almost 8 guys averaging 10+ PPG, and they play amazing defense. Despite having a relatively easy schedule, we still beat the Bulls, Magic, and you guys.

The Pacers aren't as deep as the Sixers, and are in a lot of people's opinion a fluke. I expect them to fall off a little bit, but still have a pretty good record by the time the season ends. The answer to this question is pretty simple, they just aren't as talented.

PacersForLife
02-04-2012, 02:27 AM
It was a great looking dunk... I just wish they didn't call that so they'd have a confrontation at the rim.

I saw Paul's dunk on Hibbert, gave me chills, I'd love to see what he could do in the dunk contest.

Me too. :)

PacersForLife
02-04-2012, 02:28 AM
Because the Sixers are 16-7, have one of the deepest teams in basketball with almost 8 guys averaging 10+ PPG, and they play amazing defense. Despite having a relatively easy schedule, we still beat the Bulls, Magic, and you guys.

The Pacers aren't as deep as the Sixers, and are in a lot of people's opinion a fluke. I expect them to fall off a little bit, but still have a pretty good record by the time the season ends. The answer to this question is pretty simple, they just aren't as talented.

Hmm.... Well apparently you didn't watch any of the game vs. the Mavericks.

bringbackfredex
02-04-2012, 02:37 AM
Hmm.... Well apparently you didn't watch any of the game vs. the Mavericks.

No but I was actually at the game in Philly when the Pacers looked completely outclassed by the Sixers. I couldn't believe that they were even 6-2 at that point because there was such a noticeable difference in the two teams.

JLynn943
02-04-2012, 02:42 AM
Both teams are very good and deserve more attention than they get. However, any disparity is certainly because the Kings beat the Pacers but were destroyed by the 76ers ;)

PacersForLife
02-04-2012, 02:53 AM
No but I was actually at the game in Philly when the Pacers looked completely outclassed by the Sixers. I couldn't believe that they were even 6-2 at that point because there was such a noticeable difference in the two teams.

Well... No Danny Granger is all I'm gonna say.

SeoulBeatz
02-04-2012, 03:00 AM
yeah can't wait till we play again with healthy lineups

Spiggity_ace
02-04-2012, 03:02 AM
both are strong teams but pacers have a better inside presence with hibbert, both have awesome pg's, and great wings

More-Than-Most
02-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Well... No Danny Granger is all I'm gonna say.

You make a ton of excuses for a guy that says he does not like making excuses. The sixers have been without 2 of their centers for several weeks now and are still winning against good teams...The sixers have a massive point differential and have beat teams like the Hawks/Magic/Bulls and oh yea the pacers.

You have used Injuries/Strength of schedule over and over again to try and make a point... Every team deals with Injuries and every team can only play the schedule they are handed.

bringbackfredex
02-04-2012, 03:11 AM
You make a ton of excuses for a guy that says he does not like making excuses. The sixers have been without 2 of their centers for several weeks now and are still winning against good teams...The sixers have a massive point differential and have beat teams like the Hawks/Magic/Bulls and oh yea the pacers.

You have used Injuries/Strength of schedule over and over again to try and make a point... Every team deals with Injuries and every team can only play the schedule they are handed.

Bingo.

PacersForLife
02-04-2012, 03:57 AM
Bingo.

I can see I'm not gonna win with this... But the Pacers have beat the Bulls on the road, Boston on the road, Orlando on the road, Lakers on the road, and now the Mavs on the road. I don't see the argument there.

John Walls Era
02-04-2012, 04:02 AM
PSD recognition is what every fan dreams about. I understand.

xILLN355
02-04-2012, 04:14 AM
I can see I'm not gonna win with this... But the Pacers have beat the Bulls on the road, Boston on the road, Orlando on the road, Lakers on the road, and now the Mavs on the road. I don't see the argument there.

:facepalm:

lakersfan01
02-04-2012, 04:59 AM
No doubt the Pacers are the better team!!! Media prefers the city of Philadelphia.

More-Than-Most
02-04-2012, 05:05 AM
Again Better team and more impressive are 2 very different things... I think the pacers are better as well but from this point on the Sixers have been far more impressive...They have blown teams out left and right and some of those teams include teams like the hawks/Bulls/Magic... I am not sold on us either but the thread title says more impressive and when you factor in everything how have the sixers not been more impressive? Their defense is flat out insane and they have blown teams out left and right.

More-Than-Most
02-04-2012, 05:11 AM

Back to the schedule huh? I guess beating teams you are suppose to beat just shouldn't count.

theSPECIALKID
02-04-2012, 05:35 AM
Pacers..

NSJ
02-04-2012, 06:01 AM
Hate lebron. Don't like the heat. However, glad to see the heat put the sixers in their place tonight.

JordansBulls
02-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Where do the Pacers rank on Forbes list of top franchises?

Slug3
02-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Phily and Indy have both been playing great this year, even if they might have played a lighter schedule. Sometimes getting off to a great start can help fuel a season and build your confidence throughout it, even if it comes against weaker. When your team sees itself winning, it starts to believe it can beat anyone and plays even better.

IndyRealist
02-04-2012, 11:58 AM
I've been watching the Pacers for about 30 years now. The Sixers are better, top to bottom. Iggy's better than anyone on the Pacers (although Paul George may end up changing that). Virtually their entire bench could be starters elsewhere. They don't play bad players.

The Pacers, on the other hand, play Lance Stephenson, Lou Amundson, and AJ Price. All three have been pretty bad all year. Once George Hill and Jeff Foster are back they'll be a whole lot better, if for no other reason than because we'll sit our three underperformers.

The real question mark for the Sixers is Spencer Hawes. He's been horrible his entire career, then all of the sudden he's Kevin Love 2.0? I don't think so. If he significantly regresses, even to the point of an average center, they may be in trouble.

Sixerlover
02-04-2012, 12:17 PM
I've been watching the Pacers for about 30 years now. The Sixers are better, top to bottom. Iggy's better than anyone on the Pacers (although Paul George may end up changing that). Virtually their entire bench could be starters elsewhere. They don't play bad players.

The Pacers, on the other hand, play Lance Stephenson, Lou Amundson, and AJ Price. All three have been pretty bad all year. Once George Hill and Jeff Foster are back they'll be a whole lot better, if for no other reason than because we'll sit our three underperformers.

The real question mark for the Sixers is Spencer Hawes. He's been horrible his entire career, then all of the sudden he's Kevin Love 2.0? I don't think so. If he significantly regresses, even to the point of an average center, they may be in trouble.

I have the same concerns. But to Spence's credit the 12 games he's played this season we're 10-2 and the 11 games he's missed we're 6-5. I'm interested in seeing how he handles his injury whenever he gets back. I'm tired of seeing Tony Battie in the starting lineup

2-ONE-5
02-04-2012, 12:41 PM
The real question mark for the Sixers is Spencer Hawes. He's been horrible his entire career, then all of the sudden he's Kevin Love 2.0? I don't think so. If he significantly regresses, even to the point of an average center, they may be in trouble.[/QUOTE]

Contract year for Big Spence. He showed last year that he would be a great back up Center then he came out with something to prove this year and looked like an all star til he got hurt.

AsfanSince99
02-04-2012, 05:33 PM
I watch a lot of bb, and I don't know where u get that the 6ers are getting more attention than the Pacers? The 6ers are doing better but they also have a star coach, a star owner, so maybe that's what you've been seeing lately. Also, the 6res have been blowing teams out, except the Heat, so if we are getting attention it has been deserved, imo.

Basketball and football are the only 2 sports, imo, that are the most fair in their coverage of teams equally or at least they try to be. Baseball is the worst, they only cover the marquee teams, even when smaller budgeted teams are winning.

The Senator
02-04-2012, 11:34 PM
I respect the Sixers much more than I do the Pacers. Collins is an elite coach and the team fully buys into his philosophy. They're a solid, classy crew who have the fundamentals down and are enjoyable to watch when they're playing a solid game. As I posted after the Bulls/Sixers team, I hope they go on to do great things in the playoffs, so long as it's not against Chicago!

I acknowledge that the Pacers are a strong team in the East, but I hate watching them play, and I think they get away with murder on defense, night in and and night out. They are improved from last year, no doubt, but I'd take the Sixers against them in a series, without a doubt.