PDA

View Full Version : Dwight would opt out if traded to Lakers

waveycrockett
02-03-2012, 07:02 PM
RT @AlexKennedyNBA If Dwight Howard is traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, he'll opt out and test free agency. He's zeroing in on the Nets:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-howard-forcing-his-way-to-nets

shep33
02-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Yeah this has been mentioned before, and this is why LA won't even bother asking Orlando for a trade. Too risky. Lakers don't need Howard as opposed to a solid pg and a bench.

shep33
02-03-2012, 07:05 PM
So essentially he takes the Lakers off his list. I mean NJ is the clear cut here and it isn't even close. Chicago maybe?

RLundi
02-03-2012, 07:07 PM
I think it's basically Nets or bust, which is completely beyond me. Brooklyn is a dump but to each his own...

Then again, I could be just bitter :D

Birdmannn
02-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Dwight is getting annoying. He wants a championship and he has a chance to pair up with Kobe and he says its basically not enough.

J4KOP99
02-03-2012, 07:08 PM
As a Lakers fan, I wouldn't be upset at all if he goes to New Jersey.

Good luck to him and that team. They will have to deal with a young Chicago and Miami team for years to come. You also would have to think that the Knicks will eventually get it going too. The east is going to be incredibly tough.

The Lakers need to make a couple "minor" moves and then I think they will be fine. Obviously, at some point in the next couple years, you have to start thinking about the future of the Lakers franchise, but as of now, they are still in contention if they can somehow find a solid PG and an athletic scorer off the bench (JR Smith)... without giving up Bynum, Gasol, or KB

shep33
02-03-2012, 07:09 PM
I think it's basically Nets or bust, which is completely beyond me. Brooklyn is a dump but to each his own...

He kinda just screwed Orlando here a bit. I mean the only other team that could really bring in a good offer is now excluded. Otis can't use the potential leverage of an LA offer now. I mean the Lakers can call and say "we'll give you Bynum our rooks, an expiring, two firsts this year, another next year"... And if I'm Otis I'd still say no to that Laker deal... but the problem now is you can't compare deals. You can't drive the price of Howard up.

waveycrockett
02-03-2012, 07:09 PM
So essentially he takes the Lakers off his list. I mean NJ is the clear cut here and it isn't even close. Chicago maybe?
I think its the Nets or the Nets.

kozelkid
02-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Lol, can't say I understand why he's picking the Nets of all places. Even with him and Deron teaming up next season, they'll still be at least a year away if not two.

But I guess he has other priorities in his mind besides winning. :shrug:

J4KOP99
02-03-2012, 07:12 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, even if Dwight and D-will team up, I still don't think they're locks for a title... or even an eastern conference title. That team will definitely be good, but Miami and Chicago are still better and then who knows what some of these younger teams like Indiana and Philly can do?

I know Orlando dug themselves into a deep whole in regards to cap space so I understand why Dwight would want to leave, but if he actually wants to win a title, there might be better teams to look at. Not necessarily the Lakers either.

shep33
02-03-2012, 07:15 PM
I've been saying that Howard doesn't solve LA's problems for a while. I'm upset because he's basically forcing a trade to the Nets, and all the other teams on his list were clearly just a smokescreen. Remember last year's Melo sweepstakes? There were two teams in the mix there. The Nets offer for Melo drove the Knicks offer up dramatically, Orlando can no longer do that if nobody else is going to be involved.

There would be no way the Knicks would've given up all those guys had the Nets not been in the sweepstakes too. I think this is a low blow by Howard to the Magic organization. He should of just lied and said LA was still on the list to help Orlando out a bit.

J4KOP99
02-03-2012, 07:19 PM
I agree Shep, but we are also assuming that all of these reports are true...

Who knows? We should know by now that many of these reports are made up or exaggerated.

jmoney85
02-03-2012, 07:21 PM
I disagree... Im a net fan and all but honestly I think we are better than are record shows right now.... we have had a lot of injuries... if we were healthy we would have the 7th or 8th seed right now... and if we had dwight we would be top 4 in east imo

obviously we wouldnt be a lock for the east but no team is a lock.. and never will be a lock... the heat bulls and whatever other teams will always be top notch but the magic are kind of in a bind with those contracts... you need at least 2 superstars to win a title

waveycrockett
02-03-2012, 07:26 PM
I disagree... Im a net fan and all but honestly I think we are better than are record shows right now.... we have had a lot of injuries... if we were healthy we would have the 7th or 8th seed right now... and if we had dwight we would be top 4 in east imo

obviously we wouldnt be a lock for the east but no team is a lock.. and never will be a lock... the heat bulls and whatever other teams will always be top notch but the magic are kind of in a bind with those contracts... you need at least 2 superstars to win a title

Yep nets are playing very well right now despite being racked with injuries. We'd be a ridiculously tough team to beat.

shep33
02-03-2012, 07:26 PM
I agree Shep, but we are also assuming that all of these reports are true...

Who knows? We should know by now that many of these reports are made up or exaggerated.

It could be false your right. I just feel bad for Magic fans, I wish D12 would put some more teams on his list, like the Clips, Bulls, Thunders etc., take the Lakers off, but just add some teams, because it completely changes the dynamics of a potential trade. If the Nets are competing against themselves for Howard, they're gonna start low, real low, and knowing that Otis essentially already accepted a Howard for Lopez + picks deal, I wouldn't be surprised if that got it done.

celtics 34
02-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Howard is just plain stupid does he seriously think he is winning a championship with the nets

jimm120
02-03-2012, 07:30 PM

FUKU on you!

Brooklyn is the BEST borough!

Bronx is the worst.
Staten Island is for the homes only.
Queens is meh but third best.
Manhattan is "the best" but uptown ruins it.
Brooklyn is the BEST! PERIOD! Brooklyn personifies what the USA is: a multicultural blend living in harmony.

But yeah, howard should go to the Knicks.

waveycrockett
02-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Howard is just plain stupid does he seriously think he is winning a championship with the nets
Any team with Deron Williams and Dwight is a threat to win it all. All that is need is solid role players and nets have a lot of those

shep33
02-03-2012, 07:31 PM
I think part of the reason he doesn't want to go to LA is because of Shaq's shadow. I mean we've seen this before with Shaq in Orlando. He even took his nickname lol. The good thing about NJ is that he will not have that burden on him.

Congrats to the Nets though, Dwill + Howard will be fun to watch

jimm120
02-03-2012, 07:34 PM

he sure as hell isn't winning it with the celtics.

The Final Boss
02-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Lol You guys actually believe this report? Who doesn't want to play/live in Los Angeles. New Jersey and Brooklyn are both dumps.

shep33
02-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Lol You guys actually believe this report? Who doesn't want to play/live in Los Angeles. New Jersey and Brooklyn are both dumps.

He will not go to the Lakers, there are a bunch of reports not just this one saying that he won't sign an extension. Larry Coon first reported it, now Alex Kennedy.

If D12 says he's not opting in, absolutely no chance the Lakers are that dumb to trade Bynum let alone Bynum and Gasol + picks for Howard and Turk.

Could you imagine if we trade both our bigs and Howard opts out? Drew + Pau + picks for Hedo essentially lol

waveycrockett
02-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Where you from? Europe? Would you even know the first thing about Brooklyn? Its such a dump a bunch of rich and famous people live there

John Walls Era
02-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Everyone is forgetting the owner of the Nets. Bet he gave D12 some cash under the table.

The Final Boss
02-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Where you from? Europe? Would you even know the first thing about Brooklyn? Its such a dump a bunch of rich and famous people live there

I've lived in Madrid, New York, and Los Angeles. I wanted to commit suicide when I was living in New York. Both Los Angeles and Madrid crush Brooklyn when it comes to money.

C'mon, son. This is Crooklyn, son. :laugh:

...No thanks.

Chicagofaithful
02-03-2012, 07:45 PM
He will not go to the Lakers, there are a bunch of reports not just this one saying that he won't sign an extension. Larry Coon first reported it, now Alex Kennedy.

If D12 says he's not opting in, absolutely no chance the Lakers are that dumb to trade Bynum let alone Bynum and Gasol + picks for Howard and Turk.

Could you imagine if we trade both our bigs and Howard opts out? Drew + Pau + picks for Hedo essentially lol

lol and then Turk opts out...

BudGrant
02-03-2012, 07:47 PM
FUKU on you!

Brooklyn is the BEST borough!

Bronx is the worst.
Staten Island is for the homes only.
Queens is meh but third best.
Manhattan is "the best" but uptown ruins it.
Brooklyn is the BEST! PERIOD! Brooklyn personifies what the USA is: a multicultural blend living in harmony.

But yeah, howard should go to the Knicks.

lol

celtics 34
02-03-2012, 07:48 PM
he sure as hell isn't winning it with the celtics.

I know he wont but if he is acting like a prima donna I sure as hell dont want him in boston

D12 fan
02-03-2012, 07:48 PM

Ha Boston fans mad because there division is about to be the toughest in the NBA,everyone is getting younger and better (Sixers,Knicks,Nets) while Boston is old and steady declining.You got your championship already,its time for some new blood.

waveycrockett
02-03-2012, 07:49 PM

I've lived in Madrid, New York, and Los Angeles. I wanted to commit suicide when I was living in New York. Both Los Angeles and Madrid crush Brooklyn when it comes to money.

...No thanks.
I'm sure you have...

jmoney85
02-03-2012, 07:50 PM
otis can always use those picks to get another player also...if he plays his cards right he can still be a playoff team

celtics 34
02-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Nah I aint mad because if he wants to win he should go to a team like the lakers thunder and even the bulls

waveycrockett
02-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Nah I aint mad because if he wants to win he should go to a team like the lakers thunder and even the bulls
Dwight would win anywhere he goes but a ring isn't guranteed anywhere

The Final Boss
02-03-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm sure you have...

I now understand why people have the "Haters gonna hate" sigs.

shep33
02-03-2012, 07:53 PM
lol and then Turk opts out...

Haha the problem is he wouldn't opt out because nobody will pay him that kind of coin lol.

As a Laker fan, there is no way I touch Howard after this. He's in NJ's hands now. He always wanted to go there too, so that's fine. I have no ill will towards him going there. I just feel for Magic fans, because with nobody else competing for Howard outside of NJ, the offer is going to suck.

kozelkid
02-03-2012, 07:54 PM

...No thanks.

That's funny considering I lived in both Madrid and New York as well. And Madrid doesn't hold a candle to NY. Hell Madrid is not even one of the first rate European cities like London, Paris, Rome and even Barcelona.

Take it for someone who HATES dealing with annoying New Yorkers who think it's the center of the universe, but fact is New York IS one a city unlike any other. Only Tokyo, Rome and Paris maybe hold a candle. And I'm very reluctant to say that as well.

jmoney85
02-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Haha the problem is he wouldn't opt out because nobody will pay him that kind of coin lol.

As a Laker fan, there is no way I touch Howard after this. He's in NJ's hands now. He always wanted to go there too, so that's fine. I have no ill will towards him going there. I just feel for Magic fans, because with nobody else competing for Howard outside of NJ, the offer is going to suck.

yea but its better than being a cleveland fan lol

LakersA's49ers
02-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Eastern conference has 2 elite teams in chicago and miami. West has one elite in OKC and otger highly talented squads. Dwight just wants to go to a conference he has a better chance of winning in. Superstars like carmelo went from the west to the east and the west is still more competitive than the east

smith&wesson
02-03-2012, 08:06 PM
I call bs on the report. why would he do that he is taking leverage away from the magic.

shep33
02-03-2012, 08:11 PM
I call bs on the report. why would he do that he is taking leverage away from the magic.

Truthfully, I think he's doing it on purpose... He's always wanted to go to the Nets, and now there is nobody else who will compete with that deal. This way if he does force his way to NJ, then NJ doesn't have to give up as much.

I'll bring up the Melo deal again:
-The price the Knicks paid for Melo was largely due to the Nets being in the mix too, and offering up a very good package as well. The Knicks would not have lost Gallo, Felton, Chandler, Mozgov, etc. for Melo, if the Nets didn't drive the price up.

I think it's a low blow by Howard to the Magic FO, but also a smart move if he's forcing his way there. This way maybe they can keep some talent in NJ

Teeboy1487
02-03-2012, 08:11 PM
What about the Knicks? Are they a player in this? If I was making the decisions in the Magic FO, I would much rather have Chandler, Amare, and Fields over any of the trash the Nets will offer.

heyman321
02-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Williams and Howard should team up.... but in Dallas.

shep33
02-03-2012, 08:16 PM
What about the Knicks? Are they a player in this? If I was making the decisions in the Magic FO, I would much rather have Chandler, Amare, and Fields over any of the trash the Nets will offer.

See I disagree. Even though you may get back less quality players from the Nets... they're cheap. Picks + cheap players while giving up Hedo and maybe Duhon is better than taking back over 100 mill from the Knicks, and realistically Amare is nearly impossible to move if Orlando ever wanted to flip him. Supposedly the Knicks have been trying to deal STAT but nobody wants the money left on his deal. Chandler just signed a huge contract too.

Also for the Knicks, yeah you get Howard back, but you also take Turk + Duhon back in all likelihood. Knicks used their amnesty on Billups already. I don't think you can use an amnesty every year right? So if that's the case... the Knicks can't sign anybody once again because with Melo + D12 that's two max deals right there, Turk is another 11-12 mill for 2-3 more years, Duhon is locked in for a couple more as well. Essentially between D12 + Melo + Hedo, that's over 50 mill right there per season.

Metsboi69
02-03-2012, 08:19 PM
I believe he'll end up on the Nets, but they better hope that Lopez/Brooks get healthy and SOON or it could get reallllll interesting.

Young and Stupid
02-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Cracks me up how much people trash the Nets -- they're not even worth trashing.

The lineup the Nets will likely have next year will be a formidable one; one that can compete with the likes of the Heat, Bulls, Knicks and Pacers:

Deron Williams/Sundiata Gaines
Ray Allen/Anthony Morrow/DeShawn Stevenson
Hedo Turkoglu/Andrei Kirilenko/Bojan Bogdanovic
Kris Humphries/Jordan Williams
Dwight Howard/Johan Petro

jmoney85
02-03-2012, 08:32 PM
nets have good bench players but we just need more starters... and a better backup center

shep33
02-03-2012, 08:33 PM
I think the Nets are okay, and this is coming from a Laker fan. They've had a bunch of injuries too, and essentially they have the same record as the Knicks.

wjmoffatt
02-03-2012, 08:39 PM
No offense to anyone I'm a Laker fan but Jerry Buss needs to take a page out of Jim Irsays book. Trade Kobe, Gasol, Artest. These people did great things for you but basketball is a business, wish Kobe was like MJ and moved on to another team so we could use that cap space. Get some draft picks, and a young stud, maybe Kyrie, John Wall, Etc...and use the draft picks do get sOme great young players to build chemistry with like Guild-Christ, Lamb, Jones, Barnes, Henson, Perry, Sulligenger, Kid from UCONN big or young big from UK

smith&wesson
02-03-2012, 08:53 PM
No offense to anyone I'm a Laker fan but Jerry Buss needs to take a page out of Jim Irsays book. Trade Kobe, Gasol, Artest. These people did great things for you but basketball is a business, wish Kobe was like MJ and moved on to another team so we could use that cap space. Get some draft picks, and a young stud, maybe Kyrie, John Wall, Etc...and use the draft picks do get sOme great young players to build chemistry with like Guild-Christ, Lamb, Jones, Barnes, Henson, Perry, Sulligenger, Kid from UCONN big or young big from UK

try using a period once in a while.... and what do you mean by jordan moved on to another team ? he didnt move on to anything. he retired and came out of retirement later on. he didnt just move on to another team.

wjmoffatt
02-03-2012, 10:20 PM
try using a period once in a while.... and what do you mean by jordan moved on to another team ? he didnt move on to anything. he retired and came out of retirement later on. he didnt just move on to another team.

First, I used periods in mysentences, secondly, if you're going to try and correct someone make sure your using capitalization, correct grammar, and know how to start a sentence in proper terms. Secondly, MJ may have done that to save face with Chicago l, he knew Scotty was leaving and may have want to to somewhere else. If he opted out or was traded, someone would've been the bad guy.

dtmagnet
02-03-2012, 10:26 PM
LA Lakers smart smart smart, Dwight Howard dumb.

Gritz
02-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Finally, now we can trade gasol for lowry and scola

VinceCarter
02-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Finally, now we can trade gasol for lowry and scola

Rockets would never do that.

kozelkid
02-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Cracks me up how much people trash the Nets -- they're not even worth trashing.

The lineup the Nets will likely have next year will be a formidable one; one that can compete with the likes of the Heat, Bulls, Knicks and Pacers:

Deron Williams/Sundiata Gaines
Ray Allen/Anthony Morrow/DeShawn Stevenson
Hedo Turkoglu/Andrei Kirilenko/Bojan Bogdanovic
Kris Humphries/Jordan Williams
Dwight Howard/Johan Petro

Lol.

Learn how to add up the cap.

Sssmush
02-03-2012, 11:55 PM
obviously Howard was forcing his way to the Lakers, but the Lakers don't want him (except for Kobe, Kupchak, Mike Brown, they want him. But new ownership doesn't want him).

so now, they see the situation, so it is NJ or bust.

jmoney85
02-04-2012, 12:02 AM
obviously Howard was forcing his way to the Lakers, but the Lakers don't want him (except for Kobe, Kupchak, Mike Brown, they want him. But new ownership doesn't want him).

so now, they see the situation, so it is NJ or bust.

how did howard ever force his way to LA?

Young and Stupid
02-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Lol.

Learn how to add up the cap.

Heh. Learn how the cap works.

Bird rights on Humphries and Stevenson. Full MLE (which the Nets will have if they trade for Howard's salary rather than signing him as a FA) on Ray Allen and bi-annual exception on Kirilenko (he's said he doesn't care about money and just wants to play for a championship -- plus: Prokhorov could throw him some money through Russian backchannels).

Your move.

JayStar-8
02-04-2012, 12:05 AM
If the Nets land Howard, they will be a top 3 team in the east easily.

Raph12
02-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Said it from the beginning, the other teams listed are just being used as a smokescreen... With Brook barely coming back and Brooks out for the season, the Magic may let him expire or just trade him as a rental.

Sssmush
02-04-2012, 12:20 AM
how did howard ever force his way to LA?

he refused to sign an extension in Orlando, then put the Lakers and 3 other teams on his shortlist of destinations where he would sign. everywhere else would be a rental.

then his agents put out tons of feelers to LA, and it was more and more rumored that LA is where he would go to and sign.

So first, yesterday, he said he wouldn't sign anywhere and would test free agency regardless, which Im sure he thought would lower his trade value and get him onto the team that he wanted quicker, maybe traded to LA for Bynum.

but then comes word via agents that Lakers aren't interested to trade for him, and his free agency declaration means that he could be traded anywhere. So he saves face and increases his price by saying he will only sign in NJ, meaning that it is only worth it for NJ to trade for him, which forces his way to NJ, and for a lower price. His press release is really to discourage other teams from trading for him, he's basically making it hard for Orlando to trade him, especially to a random city

at this point, I'd like to see NJ do what the Knicks shouldve done, if this story is true, and just wait a couple months till after the season and sign him in free agency for nothing. If I was Orlando I'd send him to charlotte or no for a #1 pick or thereabouts

JayStar-8
02-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Said it from the beginning, the other teams listed are just being used as a smokescreen... With Brook barely coming back and Brooks out for the season, the Magic may let him expire or just trade him as a rental.

Brooks is out for the season?

ink
02-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Lol, can't say I understand why he's picking the Nets of all places. Even with him and Deron teaming up next season, they'll still be at least a year away if not two.

But I guess he has other priorities in his mind besides winning. :shrug:

I agree. If he complained about the Magic not surrounding him with talent (which is stupid) imagine the whining we'll hear from him about Brooklyn management in a couple of years. He's one of the most confused individuals in the history of the NBA.

JayStar-8
02-04-2012, 12:28 AM
I agree. If he complained about the Magic not surrounding him with talent (which is stupid) imagine the whining we'll hear from him about Brooklyn management in a couple of years. He's one of the most confused individuals in the history of the NBA.

Who was the best player Howard ever played with in Orlando?

Is he anything close to being as good as Deron Williams.

kozelkid
02-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Heh. Learn how the cap works.

Bird rights on Humphries and Stevenson. Full MLE (which the Nets will have if they trade for Howard's salary rather than signing him as a FA) on Ray Allen and bi-annual exception on Kirilenko (he's said he doesn't care about money and just wants to play for a championship -- plus: Prokhorov could throw him some money through Russian backchannels).

Your move.

Lol, strong assumption then Allen will go to NJ with Dallas and LAC both having a 2 guard spot available and more money for Allen (Dallas in particular). I think Allen would rather join current contenders than an unknown in NJ.

Sorry bud, NJ will still not be relevant for at least a year even if they do land Dwight.

Sssmush
02-04-2012, 12:38 AM
if Dwight goes to Brooklyn, the Brooklyn should also trade for Kobe Bryant.

Lakers should be willing to send Kobe, taking back a ten million salary and a twenty million TPE, and some extra cash thrown into the deal.

NJ would have

Kobe 30 million
Deron 17 million
Dwight 22 million

and then could spend 30 million more to get to about 95 million

NJ is attractive destination, because NJ owner can outspend and afford the luxury tax

NJ could make a serious title run this year

Sssmush
02-04-2012, 12:41 AM
new Laker owner I'm sure is tired of Kobe, all that boring "legend" and "all star" stuff, too many shots limits Bynum's touches. I'm sure he thinks Kobe is overpaid and overrated, so this trade is a natural.

Lakers can get an above average SF or backup PG, and get a twenty million TPE in return, then trade Pau for Ramon Sessions.

I think it is a brilliant series of moves, and Jim Buss should get Kupchak busy on it right away, forcing him not to quit because of the threat of breach of contract

Sssmush
02-04-2012, 12:45 AM
let's face it Jim Buss fans, Kobe is highly overrated. Some people say he is #1 or #2 in history, but he is probably only top 5. And he is making almost thirty million. And he takes the ball out of Bynum's hands

Lakers should trade Kobe immediately.

and also Pau. Pau may be the top PF in the league, but he is so overrated. He is 31 now, and doesn't lead the league in scoring and gets in the way of Bynum. Pau should be traded for a pass first PG to get the ball to Bynum asap

do it mitch

shep33
02-04-2012, 12:49 AM
if Dwight goes to Brooklyn, the Brooklyn should also trade for Kobe Bryant.

Lakers should be willing to send Kobe, taking back a ten million salary and a twenty million TPE, and some extra cash thrown into the deal.

NJ would have

Kobe 30 million
Deron 17 million
Dwight 22 million

and then could spend 30 million more to get to about 95 million

NJ is attractive destination, because NJ owner can outspend and afford the luxury tax

NJ could make a serious title run this year

Haha very unlikely but I must admit, that's probably the most well balanced big 3 in the league

shep33
02-04-2012, 12:50 AM
let's face it Jim Buss fans, Kobe is highly overrated. Some people say he is #1 or #2 in history, but he is probably only top 5. And he is making almost thirty million. And he takes the ball out of Bynum's hands

Lakers should trade Kobe immediately.

and also Pau. Pau may be the top PF in the league, but he is so overrated. He is 31 now, and doesn't lead the league in scoring and gets in the way of Bynum. Pau should be traded for a pass first PG to get the ball to Bynum asap

do it mitch

He sucks if he's top 5 all time

Young and Stupid
02-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Lol, strong assumption then Allen will go to NJ with Dallas and LAC both having a 2 guard spot available and more money for Allen (Dallas in particular). I think Allen would rather join current contenders than an unknown in NJ.

Sorry bud, NJ will still not be relevant for at least a year even if they do land Dwight.

Interesting. We've moved on from ad hominems and now we're back-tracking (with a hint of straw man).

Barring any major trade, the Clippers will be over the cap next season -- remember: "learn how to add up the cap" -- so they and the Nets can offer Allen the same contract. There's no doubting that the Mavericks could offer Allen more money, but the Mavericks won't be a championship contender. It would seem at this point in his career -- especially considering his personality -- that Allen would be more concerned with winning than inking a few extra million.

I'm interested to hear your next poor argument. Probably something which will ultimately amount to "yeah, but still." Actually, scratch that, you're just going to concede at this point.

kozelkid
02-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Interesting. We've moved on from ad hominems and now we're back-tracking.

Barring any major trade, the Clippers will be over the cap next season -- remember: "learn how to add up the cap" -- so they and the Nets can offer Allen the same contract. There's no doubting that the Mavericks could offer Allen more money, but the Mavericks won't be a championship contender. It would seem at this point in his career -- especially considering his personality -- that Allen would be more concerned with winning than inking a few extra million.

I'm interested to hear your next poor argument. Probably something which will ultimately amount to "yeah, but still." Actually, scratch that, you're just going to concede at this point.

LAC's cap is at 51mil next season, so try again. Which is smaller than what NJ's likely will be after you factor in Howard and the bird right extensions of Humphries.

And actually Allen has showed most interest in being comfortable and possibly even staying at Boston for his loyalty.

If not, you try selling him the idea that an NJ team that is currently struggling to make the playoffs in the East, will all of a sudden change overnight. :rolleyes: Particularly against teams like Chicago, Indiana and Miami when he could go out west and join already two very good teams. Allen has few years left in the NBA. He doesn't need to waste another year waiting for a team to set up so that the following year they can actually be a legit contender (i.e. when he's 38).

Lol, you'd think nearly a decade of irrelevance would humble NJ fans. Along with a history of futility beforehand. Your brashness and cockiness does amuse me though. Apparently NJ is now the "mecca" for all basketball players. I guess that's why Lebron wanted to go there so badly to pair up with Jayz.

No backtracking from me. Fact is, you're delusional if all of a sudden an addition of Howard, means every other veteran free agent will just flock to NJ when there are better teams without the question marks of adjustment. Quite a few guarantees from a team that's currently trash atm.

Robbw241
02-04-2012, 01:06 AM
I think KG would be a more likely option than Ray

Raph12
02-04-2012, 01:09 AM
Let's say the Nets keep all of their assets and sign D12 straightup in the offseason, then you trade Lopez for a legit PF like Horford and draft a guy like Harrison Barnes with the (likely to be) Top 5 pick.

Potential Lineup:
PG - DWill
SG - Morrow/MarShon Brooks
SF - Harrison Barnes
PF - Al Horford
C - D12

That team could definitely compete now...

kozelkid
02-04-2012, 01:09 AM
I think KG would be a more likely option than Ray

I could see that, assuming he doesn't retire. With the way he's playing though...

Not to mention, where will be the playing time for Allen anyway? Seems to me they have nice prospect in Brooks to develop. And Morrow is no slouch.

kozelkid
02-04-2012, 01:11 AM
Let's say the Nets keep all of their assets and sign D12 straightup in the offseason, then you trade Lopez for a legit PF like Horford and draft a guy like Harrison Barnes with the (likely to be) Top 5 pick.

Potential Lineup:
PG - DWill
SG - Morrow/MarShon Brooks
SF - Harrison Barnes
PF - Al Horford
C - D12

That team could definitely compete now...

Why would Atlanta do that trade...?

I see much more likely Lopez being gift wrapped to Orlando in a S+T in FA (ala Beasley to T'wolves).

Young and Stupid
02-04-2012, 01:12 AM
LAC's cap is at 51mil next season, so try again. Which is smaller than what NJ's likely will be after you factor in Howard and the bird right extensions of Humphries.

And actually Allen has showed most interest in being comfortable and possibly even staying at Boston for his loyalty.

If not, you try selling him the idea that an NJ team that is currently struggling to make the playoffs in the East, will all of a sudden change overnight. :rolleyes: Particularly against teams like Chicago, Indiana and Miami when he could go out west and join already two very good teams. Allen has few years left in the NBA. He doesn't need to waste another year waiting for a team to set up so that NEXT year they can actually be a legit contender.

Lol, you'd think nearly a decade of irrelevance would humble NJ fans. Along with a history of futility beforehand. Apparently NJ is now the "mecca" for all basketball players. I guess that's why Lebron wanted to go there so badly to pair up with Jayz.

No backtracking from me. Fact is, you're delusional if all of a sudden an addition of Howard, means every other veteran free agent will just flock to NJ when there are better teams without the question marks of adjustment.

Sigh.

First, the Clippers will be at $59 million next season (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/clippers.jsp).

Second, please justify your first claim of Allen wanting to remain in Boston. It wouldn't surprise me -- plus: I still think the Celtics are contenders -- but it seems that Ainge is looking to rebuild; rather than bring back Allen and KG after this season.

The Nets are "struggling to make the playoffs" -- dude, we're a third of a way into the season -- because they're missing two of their best four players (Brook Lopez and MarShon Brooks). I'm sure that you'll utilize some backwards logic to dismiss that fact, though. Also: Allen will get to watch the Nets play for half a season with Howard; as he'll be a Net by the trade deadline. He wouldn't be going into an "uncertain situation."

"10 years of irrelevance?" The Nets have been irrelevant for their entire history. Even when they were in the Finals, no one cared about them. I wouldn't say that I'm being arrogant (or whatever description caused you to think I needed to be humbled); instead I'd say that I'm being logical. Not sure where you getting this whole "mecca" thing. Also not sure how suggesting that one veteran signing for a MLE with what will be a contending team (when you have two top-15 players you're going to be in the mix) and adding a player that has been linked to the Nets (and has a strong connection to Deron Williams and Mikhail Prokhorov) equates to a delusional belief that all players will be flocking to the Nets. As I said, more poorly formed arguments were to be expected.

Aren't Bulls fans fun?

kozelkid
02-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Sigh.

First, the Clippers will be at $59 million next season (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/clippers.jsp).

My mistake, I was looking at the w/o options. Though I see no reason to think that Mo Williams won't be unloaded by some means.

Second, please justify your first claim of Allen wanting to remain in Boston. It wouldn't surprise me -- plus: I still think the Celtics are contenders -- but it seems that Ainge is looking to rebuild; rather than bring back Allen and KG after this season.

I've heard it many times that Allen has shown preference to remain in Boston, particularly to be close with his family and his loyalty for the Boston organization. HOWEVER, if he does get traded by the deadline this season, then there's no reason to think he'll ditch that team cause it'll likely be a contender that'll make a deal for him.

The Nets are "struggling to make the playoffs" -- dude, we're a third of a way into the season -- because they're missing two of their best four players (Brook Lopez and MarShon Brooks). I'm sure that you'll utilize some backwards logic to dismiss that fact, though. Also: Allen will get to watch the Nets play for half a season with Howard; as he'll be a Net by the trade deadline. He wouldn't be going into an "uncertain situation."

Lol?
And where exactly has the guarantee that he'll be a Net by deadline come from? All I hear is unfounded guarantees from you. :laugh2:
Per rumors (since that's what we're only going by these days anyway), Devoss rejected the Nets' owner. I don't think he's going to change his mind for an injured Lopez. Frankly, he's better off finishing this season off and letting Howard walk than taking NJ's junk.

"10 years of irrelevance?" The Nets have been irrelevant for their entire history. Even when they were in the Finals, no one cared about them. I wouldn't say that I'm being arrogant (or whatever description caused you to think I needed to be humbled); instead I'd say that I'm being logical. Not sure where you getting this whole "mecca" thing. Also not sure how suggesting that one veteran signing for a MLE with what will be a contending team (when you have two top-15 players you're going to be in the mix) and adding a player that has been linked to the Nets (and has a strong connection to Deron Williams and Mikhail Prokhorov) equates to a delusional belief that all players will be flocking to the Nets. As I said, more poorly formed arguments were to be expected.

You've been talking the past two years how NJ has the best future aside from LAC, which is just silly. I expect AK47 to be a Net. But expecting Allen is pretty unfounded speculation. Especially considering their sg position is clogged with Morrow and Brooks.

Young and Stupid
02-04-2012, 01:23 AM
Lol?
And where exactly has the guarantee that he'll be a Net by deadline come from?

The Nets are his first-choice and the Nets have the best trade offer -- seems pretty obvious to me.

However, you are correct, this is pure speculation. We'll see what happens.

kozelkid
02-04-2012, 01:26 AM
The Nets are his first-choice and the Nets have the best trade offer -- seems pretty obvious to me.

However, you are correct, this is pure speculation. We'll see what happens.

They are his first choice, but they certainly don't have the best offer.

That would be LA.

And if Devoss appears to be caring more about win now than rebuilding due to his age, then even the Bulls.

But again, obviously neither have any reason to commit if Dwight isn't willing to.

I still think Dwight remains in Orlando for the season before he subsequently is S+T to likely NJ.

JayStar-8
02-04-2012, 01:32 AM

That would be LA.

And if Devoss appears to be caring more about win now than rebuilding due to his age, then even the Bulls.

But again, obviously neither have any reason to commit if Dwight isn't willing to.

I still think Dwight remains in Orlando for the season before he subsequently is S+T to likely NJ.

lmfao, win now?

what are they going to win with the package they receive from the lakers.

Raph12
02-04-2012, 01:32 AM
Why would Atlanta do that trade...?

I see much more likely Lopez being gift wrapped to Orlando in a S+T in FA (ala Beasley to T'wolves).

The Hawks have played really well this season in Horford's absence and are a center away from being a contender (or atleast better than before lol).

I could see Dwight trying to force the Nets to do that (S&T Lopez), just so the Magic get something back in return, but I doubt it. Why would the Nets do a S&T for Dwight in the offseason? He wouldn't make anymore money, they'd just be hurting the future of their own team.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-04-2012, 01:35 AM
Lakers fans are really making themselves look stupid in this thread. Jesus Christ...

Young and Stupid
02-04-2012, 01:35 AM

That would be LA.

I agree that the Lakers could offer a better deal, but he has told the Lakers that he won't resign with the team.

Multiple sources believe Howard will force his way to the Nets and he certainly has leverage, just like Carmelo Anthony had last year when he would only agree to sign an extension with the New York Knicks. Howard wants to team up with Deron Williams, loves the idea of playing in Brooklyn and knows that the front office will involve him in the decision-making process. This puts the Magic in a very difficult position. Their options are limited to trading Howard to New Jersey or hoping that a team is willing to acquire the superstar as a rental.

The Lakers have already been informed that Howard won't sign a long-term deal in Los Angeles, according to sources close to the situation. If the Lakers were to trade for Howard, he would opt out and test free agency. Howard's interest in Los Angeles has always been overstated, mainly because he doesn't want to follow in Shaquille O'Neal's footsteps and he doesn't want to go through another rebuilding process anytime soon. With Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol is their thirties, Howard would be reaching his prime just as his All-Star teammates are declining.

Read More (http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-howard-forcing-his-way-to-nets)

I was of the belief that he would play out the season with the Magic (the majority of Nets fans disagreed with me) until I read this (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2012/02/countdown-in-dwight-howard-drama-begins-march-1.html).

As I said, it's pretty evident how this is going to end. If you choose to deny it ... fine. We'll talk after the trade deadline.

kozelkid
02-04-2012, 01:37 AM
lmfao, win now?

what are they going to win with the package they receive from the lakers.

They aren't going to win now no matter what with Howard leaving, but that doesn't stop an old man from desperate measures. See: Abe Pollin.

The Hawks have played really well this season in Horford's absence and are a center away from being a contender (or atleast better than before lol).

Oh cmon. Don't tell me you actually value Lopez more than Horford because he has 2 inches on him. Atlanta certainly wouldn't. Maybe they make the decision of eventually dealing Smith or Horford (I'd MUCH rather have Horford. Much more stable, better and not so dependent on athleticism), but they can get better than Lopez. Even a mediocre center and an upgrade at the perimeter would be better than taking Lopez.

I could see Dwight trying to force the Nets to do that (S&T Lopez), just so the Magic get something back in return, but I doubt it. Why would the Nets do a S&T for Dwight in the offseason? He wouldn't make anymore money, they'd just be hurting the future of their own team.

Wouldn't he make more in a S+T where he'd could get a full 6 year extension (ala Bosh when he was S+T to the Heat). Granted, I haven't followed the CBA since the lockout so maybe that has changed.

JayStar-8
02-04-2012, 01:39 AM

I totally agree with your plan to trade Lopez for a solid SF or PF. The Horford deal would make a lot of sense for both sides. Also, the Nets aren't just going to give Lopez to the Magic. There is no way that happens. The Nets wouldn't even offer Lopez in the Melo deal. Now they are suddenly going to give him away?

kozelkid
02-04-2012, 01:39 AM
I agree that the Lakers could offer a better deal, but he has told the Lakers that he won't resign with the team.

Read More (http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-howard-forcing-his-way-to-nets)

I was of the belief that he would play out the season with the Magic (the majority of Nets fans disagreed with me) until I read this (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2012/02/countdown-in-dwight-howard-drama-begins-march-1.html).

As I said, it's pretty evident how this is going to end. If you choose to deny it ... fine. We'll talk after the trade deadline.

I've heard. Hence, I said they may have better offers, but neither has reason to commit to them if Howard won't. But as you said, we'll see by deadline.

Cal827
02-04-2012, 01:40 AM
Lakers fans are really making themselves look stupid in all threads. Jesus Christ...

Fixed :D

As for Dwight, as I said 1000 times, he can go **** himself with a 20 foot pole and a Litre container of Lube and some instructional tapes.

I know Orlando won't risk it, but I would love for them to just let him test the market and take 30 million less on a contract. I think this guy cares more about the dollars over the winning. It's going to be funny, seeing the Nets gut their team for him. Hopefully for their sake, we aren't talking about the deal like we talk about the Melo deal (which looks like Denver won with Galinari being slightly worse than Melo but with a better contract, Mozgov who can serve as starting C, and Chandler, who can bring in good pieces if dealt or could add a great 6th man to the team).

Raph12
02-04-2012, 01:46 AM
Oh cmon. Don't tell me you actually value Lopez more than Horford because he has 2 inches on him. Atlanta certainly wouldn't. Maybe they make the decision of eventually dealing Smith or Horford (I'd MUCH rather have Horford. Much more stable, better and not so dependent on athleticism), but they can get better than Lopez. Even a mediocre center and an upgrade at the perimeter would be better than taking Lopez.

Actually yes, you can't teach length; plus Lopez's skillset would compliment the Hawks better than Horford could. Since when is Lopez "dependant on athleticism"? Right now they're better than they were last season, with Horford, throw in a center who compliments those guys with his range/iso game and they get even better... I don't see why they'd want to keep both Smith and Horford, they clearly don't play too well together.

Wouldn't he make more in a S+T where he'd could get a full 6 year extension (ala Bosh when he was S+T to the Heat). Granted, I haven't followed the CBA since the lockout so maybe that has changed.

The CBA has changed, the only way he makes max money is by signing with the team he is with after the deadline. So if he isn't traded by March 15th, he can either resign with the Magic for max money or take less and sign elsewhere... He has told the Magic he wants out, so if they keep him, he'll burn them and leave them with nothing.

Sssmush
Sigh.

Aren't Bulls fans fun?

btw, CP3 will be in Carmelo mode next year, and is extremely likely to be traded before next year's trade deadline, if not he will "explore" the free agency

JayStar-8

:facepalm:

Brook Lopez is a top 5 center.

JayStar-8
02-04-2012, 01:47 AM
btw, CP3 will be in Carmelo mode next year, and is extremely likely to be traded before next year's trade deadline, if not he will "explore" the free agency

I highly doubt that.

Sssmush
02-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Haha very unlikely but I must admit, that's probably the most well balanced big 3 in the league

it would be fun to watch.

DH12 >> Bosh

Wade = Deron more or less

Lebron > Kobe debatable, but including rebounding and everything, probably just barely better, even though Kobe is more clutch in the 4th quarter

I definitely think Jim Buss would trade Kobe for a SF and a twenty million TPE.
I think he is tired of the same boring Lakers, thinks Kobe is overpaid and overrated, and believes it is time for Bynum to become the main man on the team. I think he wants to dismantle the team and put his stamp on the franchise. If I was NJ, I would push hard for a trade, and be willing to throw in major financial considerations, sending the twenty million TPE plus another ten or twenty in cash plus a draft pick

kozelkid
02-04-2012, 01:54 AM
Actually yes, you can't teach length; plus Lopez's skillset would compliment the Hawks better than Horford could. Since when is Lopez "dependant on athleticism"?

I was referring to Smith...

Right now they're better than they were last season, with Horford, throw in a center who compliments those guys with his range/iso game and they get even better... I don't see why they'd want to keep both Smith and Horford, they clearly don't play too well together.

Just because there's a better fit, doesn't mean he makes them better. Talent wise, they can get much more than a center who is an absolutely awful rebounder and has his own injury history.

The CBA has changed, the only way he makes max money is by signing with the team he is with after the deadline. So if he isn't traded by March 15th, he can either resign with the Magic for max money or take less and sign elsewhere... He has told the Magic he wants out, so if they keep him, he'll burn them and leave them with nothing.

So he can't be S+T in a max deal?

:facepalm:

Brook Lopez is a top 5 center.

Howard/Bynum are clearly better. I'd take Gasol, Noah, Nene and Hibbert over him as well. Matter of preference really, but I'd rather that by center be capable of being very efficient and/or good rebounder.

Sssmush
02-04-2012, 01:57 AM
I highly doubt that.

omg you doubt that CP3 will be in Carmelo free agent mode next year? CP3 is on the Clippers right now.

he may not come out and say he won't sign on the Clippers, but he will definitely say he's going to explore free agency and test his options and do a "decision."

definitely

and when push comes to shove, the odds of CP3 signing in LA are not good. I know it doesn't seem to make sense, Clippers are hot right now with Griffin and lob city, but you don't fully understand the Clippers yet. when you see how it plays out and understand the clippers you will see

Raph12
02-04-2012, 02:04 AM
I was referring to Smith...

Oh, well in that case; intangeables.

Just because there's a better fit, doesn't mean he makes them better. Talent wise, they can get much more than a center who is an absolutely awful rebounder and has his own injury history.

One injury doesn't make it "his own injury history" in my book, although a foot injury is a serious thing, so I too would like to see how he bounces back.

So he can't be S+T in a max deal?

Nope. If they don't trade him by the deadline, there will not be any reason for him to help them out by requesting a S&T.

Howard/Bynum are clearly better. I'd take Gasol, Noah, Nene and Hibbert over him as well. Matter of preference really, but I'd rather that by center be capable of being very efficient and/or good rebounder.

Bynum, MGasol, Hibbert, Monroe, Gortat and Cousins have played really well this season, but I'd say Lopez is in that class with them. Again though, the fit really matters, Lopez would fit much better with the Hawks than most of those guys.

JayStar-8
02-04-2012, 02:06 AM

Howard is clearly better. I'll give you Bynum for now because he has been playing very well this season. Gasol, Noah, Nene, and Hibbert? no, just no.

cssdmark
02-04-2012, 02:07 AM
No Orlando wants to compete and does not want to rebuild because of the new arena. I would trade Dwight Howard to New York for Chandler and Amare. If I am New York they would have to give something else other than Hedo. Then Deron Williams will not resign with New Jersey and will sign with the Knicks and you would have D12, Carmelo and Deron. Now that would be a well balanced team. Throw in some role players and New York is better than Miami and Chicago and will meet the Clippers in the NBA Finals.

JayStar-8
02-04-2012, 02:09 AM
omg you doubt that CP3 will be in Carmelo free agent mode next year? CP3 is on the Clippers right now.

he may not come out and say he won't sign on the Clippers, but he will definitely say he's going to explore free agency and test his options and do a "decision."

definitely

and when push comes to shove, the odds of CP3 signing in LA are not good. I know it doesn't seem to make sense, Clippers are hot right now with Griffin and lob city, but you don't fully understand the Clippers yet. when you see how it plays out and understand the clippers you will see

in that case, what list of teams would he go to instead?

kozelkid
02-04-2012, 02:09 AM
Howard is clearly better. I'll give you Bynum for now because he has been playing very well this season. Gasol, Noah, Nene, and Hibbert? no, just no.

Lol.
Like I said, it's my preference. You're silly if you think Lopez is clearly better than the guys I mentioned or Raph added.

And you don't "give" me Bynum. :laugh2: It's not even a discussion. He is without a doubt the second best center in this league when healthy. That's not debatable.
And I'd like to point out that being a "top 5 center" in today's league is not some great achievement. Particularly considering that Smith and Horford are both allstar caliber whereas Lopez isn't.

And if you feel like it's just me being biased or crazy in this regard, why don't you make a thread asking others on whether Lopez is indeed a top 5 center. I'm willing to bet more will disagree than agree. Derailing this thread off-topic is not that interesting for me.

JayStar-8
02-04-2012, 02:11 AM
No Orlando wants to compete and does not want to rebuild because of the new arena. I would trade Dwight Howard to New York for Chandler and Amare. If I am New York they would have to give something else other than Hedo. Then Deron Williams will not resign with New Jersey and will sign with the Knicks and you would have D12, Carmelo and Deron. Now that would be a well balanced team. Throw in some role players and New York is better than Miami and Chicago and will meet the Clippers in the NBA Finals.

I'm not sure if this guy is serious.

OaklandsFinest
02-04-2012, 02:15 AM
I really think the best offer can come from Chicago even if LA wasn't ruled out. Boozer, Asik, Noah, Gibson, any combination of those guy get you Howard..

JayStar-8
02-04-2012, 02:26 AM
Lol.
Like I said, it's my preference. You're silly if you think Lopez is clearly better than the guys I mentioned or Raph added.

And you don't "give" me Bynum. :laugh2: It's not even a discussion. He is without a doubt the second best center in this league when healthy. That's not debatable.
And I'd like to point out that being a "top 5 center" in today's league is not some great achievement. Particularly considering that Smith and Horford are both allstar caliber whereas Lopez isn't.

If Lopez did not get injured he would be having a nice season. Sure, you could say that it's only speculation but his stats last season after Dwill got traded to the Nets were very formidable.

You say it's not even a discussion. However, it is unfair to say that. Before this season, it certainly was debatable. Bynum has been playing great this year propelling him all the way up to #2. Gasol and Hibbert are having solid years. Same with Monroe. Lopez hasn't had the chance to make his case, as he has not played a game all season. How are you so sure that Lopez wouldn't be an all-star this year? He's had solid numbers his first 3 years in the league. You don't think he would also have a very good year, as some of the other young centers(Bynum, Hibbert, Gasol, Monroe) are having?

JayStar-8
02-04-2012, 02:28 AM
I really think the best offer can come from Chicago even if LA wasn't ruled out. Boozer, Asik, Noah, Gibson, any combination of those guy get you Howard..

Sssmush
02-04-2012, 03:40 AM
in that case, what list of teams would he go to instead?

well, if he goes to free agency, then any desirable team destination that has cap room or could do a sign and trade would be a possibility, including NY, Boston, San Antonio, Portland, Chicago, Lakers, Houston, NJ, Philadelphia.

I do agree that LA Clippers would be a nice scenario for him to stay, especially to develop with Griffin. If they were just a normal NBA team, and they are in a big market in LA, they are flashy and fun, why not stay in LA?

but if you're not from LA you don't know how weird and bizarre the behavior of the Clippers has been as long as they've been in LA. I don't know exactly what it is, but it is just bizarro. I'd say it's highly likely they blow it one way or another and CP3 walks or gets traded, and then Griffin too. You'd think theyd want to stay, but some how the Clippers make it very distasteful. The only big time free agent who ever stayed there was Elton Brand, and in the end he left also.

so I find it hard to believe that one big lucky trade has just suddenly transformed the Clippers into a brand new franchise. CP3 has 1 1/2 years left on current deal, I would expect him to be in another uniform sometime between then and now

shep33
02-04-2012, 03:59 AM
it would be fun to watch.

DH12 >> Bosh

Wade = Deron more or less

Lebron > Kobe debatable, but including rebounding and everything, probably just barely better, even though Kobe is more clutch in the 4th quarter

I definitely think Jim Buss would trade Kobe for a SF and a twenty million TPE.
I think he is tired of the same boring Lakers, thinks Kobe is overpaid and overrated, and believes it is time for Bynum to become the main man on the team. I think he wants to dismantle the team and put his stamp on the franchise. If I was NJ, I would push hard for a trade, and be willing to throw in major financial considerations, sending the twenty million TPE plus another ten or twenty in cash plus a draft pick

Well I can't get into Jim's mind lol, but he does seem a bit strange. That being said, Kobe Bryant is a cash cow for the Lakers. He makes the team so much money that it's ridiculous.

Even with Kobe's salary, he still brings money into the Lakers organization, I mean without him, there is no way that they sign that multi-billion dollar TV deal. Absolutely ridiculous. The Lakers also just jumped past the Knicks to be the most valuable NBA team... around 900 mill. He'd be stupid to do it, but I dunno, he might just.

kblo247
02-04-2012, 04:03 AM
Well I can't get into Jim's mind lol, but he does seem a bit strange. That being said, Kobe Bryant is a cash cow for the Lakers. He makes the team so much money that it's ridiculous.

Even with Kobe's salary, he still brings money into the Lakers organization, I mean without him, there is no way that they sign that multi-billion dollar TV deal. Absolutely ridiculous. The Lakers also just jumped past the Knicks to be the most valuable NBA team... around 900 mill. He'd be stupid to do it, but I dunno, he might just.

TWC negotiated the rights to an exclusive Kobe block into their tv deal. How would you tell the billion dollar organization the guy who you are doing a block on is gone?

shep33
02-04-2012, 04:09 AM
TWC negotiated the rights to an exclusive Kobe block into their tv deal. How would you tell the billion dollar organization the guy who you are doing a block on is gone?

That's a good point. Yeah your right, I don't think Jim is stupid enough to deal Kobe.