PDA

View Full Version : Who's the next Dirk, Gallinari or Bargnani?

numba1CHANGsta
02-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Both of these guys have the potential, which one you think will be the next Dirk? or is there another player that comes to mind?

Badluck33
02-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Mirotic

Raps08-09 Champ
02-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Neither one will be the next Dirk.

Rockice_8
02-03-2012, 04:33 PM
I think Bargs might edge out Gallo just comparing the players, neither will be Dirk though. Just comparing them I like Bargs size, length, and scoring touch better. If Gallo can take that next step defensively he could be the more well rounded of the two. Both are fringe Allstar type players.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-03-2012, 04:42 PM
gallo is better

Heediot
Ryan Anderson

DeathB4Dishonor
Neither one .. thats just plain disrespectful .. How's my Dirk taste?

rapjuicer06
02-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Gallo

Jolly Fats
02-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Neither. Dirk is actually a legitimate low post player who also happens to be a great outside shooter. Bargnani isn't the low post presence that Dirk is/can be. Bargs would be the closest though because of his position and he plays in the paint more than Gallo.

Dmagic87
02-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Neither will be nothing more than role players. If Bargs had a Lawson or Nene on his team.. he would be the far better player.

Jolly Fats
02-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Neither will be nothing more than role players. If Bargs had a Lawson or Nene on his team.. he would be the far better player.

Gallo can be an all star caliber player. He can hit 3s, go inside, draw fouls, and make free throws. He could end up being an elite scorer.

pd1dish
02-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Nikola Mirotic

heyman321
02-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Gallo can be an all star caliber player. He can hit 3s, go inside, draw fouls, and make free throws. He could end up being an elite scorer.

Lol Bargnani already does that, and better than Gallo. He is just a bad rebounder, but actually an underrated shot blocker. Bargnani actually averages more FTA per game than Gallanari. Gallanari has just been overrated on this forum the past few weeks because he lit up the New York Defenseless Knicks and because Amare and Carmelo had bad games.

DwayneMVPwade
02-03-2012, 05:08 PM
neither will be as good as dirk, but

Bargs is better than Gallo.

bklynny67
02-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Man people make stupid threads these days. Anyone who think either will be as good SS Dirk for his career should stop watching basketball.

dtmagnet
02-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Apparently no one has watched Bargnani this year, he is no Dirk and never will be but role player? He was looking like an all-star until his injury.

mavwar53
02-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Man people make stupid threads these days. Anyone who think either will be as good SS Dirk for his career should stop watching basketball.

This.

csenoner
02-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Its funny how much people love to hate on Gallo.

People criticize his game and say things like all he is is a spot up shooter etc etc but they obviously haven't watched him play.

The guy is tough, he plays D, he guards 3 or 4 positions. He's 6'11" (and if u dont believe this look at any pic of him next to Amare. Gallo is taller), he rebounds, blocks shots, gets steals. Hes not turnover prone. He is a great shooter, but most importantly he can put it on the floor and drive to the basket. He can create for others as hes a good passer and he knows how to draw contact and get to the line. He also has very good athleticism and size for a pf and he can finish strong inside.

I mean, really he has the potential to be better than dirk. The people who hate on gallo are the same people who hated on dirk his entire career until he won last year, at which point he became a top 30 all time player in the eyes of most. He was the same player all along.

And if you don't believe Gallo has the potential to be as good as dirk just check their stats at age 22-23. They are comprable. Gallo is maybe 1 year of Dirk's pace, but the upward trend is similar. No one would have said dirk was a future champ/legend when he was 22, but it happened.

Here is Dirk's quote on Gallo from 2 years ago:

I think he's way ahead of my curve,' Nowitzki said of Gallinari. 'When I was 20, I was struggling so much. I watched a bunch of games this year, and he looks confident out there. He's knocking big shots down for them. I think he worked on his drive some, he's finishing in the paint some, and they're looking for him to get big baskets. So, definitely ahead of me.'

Yes, its 2 years later and he might not be an allstar this year, but he is well on his way. He is arguably the best player on one of the best teams in the league (yes I know, nene and lawson have something to say about that). If he continues to improve at the rate he has, he will be a perennial all star.

No one is going to sit here and say gallo is as good now as dirk was in his prime. what we are saying is that based on how good he is now, his ceiling and his rate of improvement, its not something you can count out. He may one day be as good as Dirk. He has the tools. Only time will tell.

This is the reason people like me did not want to include him in the melo trade. I was willing to let damn near everyone go, landry fields too, but the Knicks had all of the leverage and if they made Gallo untouchable, its likely melo and gallo would be knicks today and the knicks would probably be a top 4 team in the East.

Jint.
02-03-2012, 05:27 PM
neither, Gallo > Bargs.. I think..?

Da Knicks
02-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Can I say gallo now that he is not a knick and not get bashed?

Mudvayne91
02-03-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm not sure you can really compare Gallo and Dirk. I get they're both tall and both are shooters, but I think the that's where the comparisons stop. Bagnanani and Dirk seems a bit more suitable as for what kind of players they are and what they're asked to do.

I will say Gallo has a pretty high ceiling imo. He's surprisingly fast for his size and his height/reach makes it hell for the person he's covering. He has the ability to cover a variety of positions. His driving game is arguably his best aspect of his game. And of course, he has the ability to knock down shots from any part of the floor. It's really just about doing it on a consistent basis now. He's been in a little of a funk this year, but appears to be coming out of it.

Jolly Fats
02-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Lol Bargnani already does that, and better than Gallo. He is just a bad rebounder, but actually an underrated shot blocker. Bargnani actually averages more FTA per game than Gallanari. Gallanari has just been overrated on this forum the past few weeks because he lit up the New York Defenseless Knicks and because Amare and Carmelo had bad games.

I didn't say that Gallo rebounds better than Bargnani. Where did you get that?

What I said was that he doesn't measure up to Dirk as a post player. Dirk is actually a very competent player in the post. Bargs doesn't measure up to Dirk in this regard. A lot of people think Dirk just pulls PFs out of the paint and shoots 3s. But he's also very competent in the paint. A lot of people overlook this.

BallIsAll
02-03-2012, 05:59 PM
You know your good when people start hating lol I liked reading most of these posts.

nycsports2
02-03-2012, 06:04 PM
haha i knew gallo would be good

nycsports2
02-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Can I say gallo now that he is not a knick and not get bashed?

this

theheatles
02-03-2012, 06:09 PM
neither 1 of those guidos...you'd need a german that is diligent, persistent and precise in there game

ManningToTyree
02-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Gallo is better. Neither are Dirk

jon32
02-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Dirk is clearly way better than both will likely ever be.......but the closer of the to in my mind is Bargnani no question

smith&wesson
02-03-2012, 06:11 PM
I think Bargs might edge out Gallo just comparing the players, neither will be Dirk though. Just comparing them I like Bargs size, length, and scoring touch better. If Gallo can take that next step defensively he could be the more well rounded of the two. Both are fringe Allstar type players.

neither will be as good as dirk, but

Bargs is better than Gallo.

Apparently no one has watched Bargnani this year, he is no Dirk and never will be but role player? He was looking like an all-star until his injury.

AGREED.

and for those of you who claim gallo is better i suggest you check out bargs effiency numbers offensvily and defensivly THIS YEAR bargs has been better.

before he got injured he was lighting every one up. check his game logs from this season.

with that said. neither will ever be disco dirk.

Chacarron
02-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Jonas Valanciunas!

THE GIPPER
02-03-2012, 06:19 PM
How can you compare gallinari to bargnani? They're completely different players who play different positions. Comparing bargnani to dirk makes much more sense but bargnani will never be dirk imo.

And if gallinari played for the raps there's no doubt in my mind that his stats would be just as good or better than bargnanis.

NYtilIdie
02-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Uh, how about neither.

BullsBearsSox11
02-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Neither of them are.... Its Nikola Mirotic...Chicago Bulls Drafted him this past draft and he looks to be pretty promising!!! Think he is only 20 and was named MVP of the Euro League just look at his highlights...

MJ-BULLS
02-03-2012, 06:32 PM
neither one of them, dirk is just too good. but they do have similarities.

Mirotic? idk about that yet, but he looks very promising, and is a beast in a very early raw age.

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Lol @ Dmagic- been on a Gallo vendetta for years lol. EG can't even stay on the court yet u still underrate Gallo . Anyway, neither are Dirk but are all star calibre players

Punk
02-03-2012, 06:43 PM
All it takes is the Raptors to have a winning season for Bargs to make the All-star team, so it's Bargnani.

Confusious
02-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Bargnani sucks.

CudiOnMyiPod
02-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Dirk is a legend. Gallo will be an all star a few times and Bargnani might make it a few teams. That's it.

ayuntalo
02-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Paul George hands down

canzano55
02-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Bargnani sucks.You suck. And you're gay for liking mass effect.

Bulls_fan90
02-03-2012, 10:26 PM
What a stupid thread. Neither of them are the next Dirk.

Rego247
02-03-2012, 10:27 PM
You suck. And you're gay for liking mass effect.

:laugh: :laugh:

nice.

Silent
02-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Mirotic

heyman321
02-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Blake Griffin is the best power foward in the league!!!!

There that should stir up some **** :cool:

dtmagnet
02-03-2012, 10:33 PM
All it takes is the Raptors to have a winning season for Bargs to make the All-star team, so it's Bargnani.

Melo made it this year and the Knicks are a losing team?

BHF
02-03-2012, 10:43 PM

give him a break he is 12 years old

KnicksR4Real
02-03-2012, 10:46 PM
neither. gallo will be the better tho

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Melo made it this year and the Knicks are a losing team?

We get it. U don't like the Knicks

heyman321
02-03-2012, 10:59 PM
neither. gallo will be the better tho

I think they will eventually be about even. Bargnani is better right now for sure though.

dtmagnet
02-04-2012, 12:23 AM
We get it. U don't like the Knicks

Wrong, I just don't like Carmelo.

Sadds The Gr8
02-04-2012, 12:33 AM
Comparing these scrubs to Dirk is disgracing his name. The OP should be slapped for making this thread

:laugh:

kjoke
02-04-2012, 01:09 AM
Well, of you combine the two, then maybe. Both show hints of doing what Dirk can do, but not quite there.

LOL at the Mirotic thing

FriedTofuz
02-04-2012, 02:35 AM
kevin love. he shoots 3's and rebounds

02-04-2012, 02:58 AM

aint gunna happen..

Spiggity_ace
02-04-2012, 02:59 AM
bargs is the superior player rite now, gallinari is more of a wing, i like gallo but i like bargnani better, i would pick him up on my team any day of the week, and hes a force on offense, too bad he cant rebound or he woulud be a player to build around

John Walls Era
02-04-2012, 03:51 AM

:laugh: Agreed.

jiggin
02-04-2012, 02:05 PM
neither, he is german...neither of them are...