PDA

View Full Version : Kerber: Nets "Heavy Favorites" in Pursuit of Dwight Howard

Chill_Will_24
02-03-2012, 01:28 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/confidence_game_Z5xm0JzBV8JNgGZ9hN13QI

Growing tiresome yet? This is the Melo-Drama all over again. Dwight wants the Nets like Melo wanted the Knicks.. the Nets know they are gonna get him and have the money to sign him like the Knicks did with Melo... other teams (Lakers) are being used as leverage like the Nets were used by Denver... and the Nets are waiting on Orlando like NY waited on Denver.

Raise your hand if you’ve heard this before: The Nets view their chances to eventually land Dwight Howard as anywhere from “favorable” to “confident” to plain old “good.”

All those who remember the Knicks’ pursuit of Carmelo Anthony last season, put your hands down. But the Nets like where they are.

The Magic have tried everything to keep Howard, 26, but little suggests the franchise center is amenable to remaining in central Florida. The Orlando Sentinel reported that, despite Howard’s recent endorsements of the Bulls and Celtics, his preferred landing spots remain the Nets, Lakers and Mavericks. There will be talk, but the Nets do not expect Howard to be dealt before All-Star weekend, Feb. 24-26 in Orlando.

The Nets had eight bodies available against the Pistons on Wednesday, and should be shorthanded tonight against the Timberwolves. So what? The real help is coming, they think and hope, maybe by the March 15 trade deadline. Or during summer free agency.

Several persons claiming knowledge of some of Howard’s thinking insist he does not look that favorably upon the Lakers because of the mega-shadow cast by Shaquille O’Neal, who left Orlando and won three titles in Los Angeles. Howard could do without following those footsteps, makingThat makes the Nets the heavy favorites among his preferred teams.

Howard and his camp reportedly have warned teams about going the rental route, thinking they could deal for him, then convince him to stay.

“To bring in a player of that magnitude without assurances he’d be staying would be professional suicide,” one team executive said flatly.

The Nets have been quietly confident all along about Howard. As the Knicks thought about Anthony last year, the Nets and obviously believe if they land him they can keep him. And they believe they can land him. So some around the Nets have used those buzzwords “favorable … strong … good.”

“We’re more than just ‘in the mix,’ ” said one source.

Because the All-Star Game is in Orlando, the Nets know the Magic envisioned a weekend “Superman” celebration, and would cringe at the thought of Howard representing another team in the arena that pretty much was built for him. That’s a reason to do nothing beforehand.

But how enjoyable will the Magic find an entire weekend of national coverage devoted to where Howard wants to play? That’s a reason to do something beforehand.

At least one person around the Magic feels Dallas is a bigger free-agency threat than the Nets. The speculated scenario has both Howard and Deron Williams landing there as free agents. The Mavericks trail in any trade scenario because they lack assets. Again, the Nets are favored.

One possible reason for the Magic to let Howard become a free agent is the belief he won’t walk away from money in the $25 million range — what he could lose signing for four years with another club. But the thought Howard would risk that fifth-year cash for the lure of Brooklyn and its business opportunities could force Orlando to make a deal which would bring assets and also allow the Magic to unload Hedo Turkoglu’s $11.8 million contract.

As for business endeavors, the Magic note Howard was the world’s 19th highest paid athlete last year, with earnings of $27.6 million. Among current NBA stars, only Kobe Bryant and LeBron James made more.
But bright lights, Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov’s global platform and the fact Williams is Howard’s good friend are tough to resist. The Nets have waited patiently, cringing when center Brook Lopez broke his foot (though they believe he will return strong).

Lopez, enough draft picks to choke a mule plus pieces that almost certainly would include MarShon Brooks, could form the package to help them pull off a deadline deal for Howard. If they do, they could re-sign Howard to a five-year deal worth over $100 million this summer.

So they feel good about their position. Again.

I just hope in this situation the Nets dont get robbed by ORL like the Knicks by DEN.

Cal827
02-03-2012, 01:30 PM
:facepalm:

I think I hate this guy as much as I hate that ***** Boozer now.

shep33
02-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Memo Okur > D12.

Wes_Craven
02-03-2012, 01:38 PM
The Nets shouldn't trade for him, they would have a much better team if they wait til FA to sign him and Howard would still get paid because whatever team he is with would have to sign-and-trade him to the Nets....

UPRock
02-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Looking good for the Nets.

LakersKB24
02-03-2012, 01:46 PM
:yawn: This again? I thought the Lakers had the best chance of getting him... Or was it the Celtics? The Warriors? The Mavericks or the Bulls?

Chill_Will_24
02-03-2012, 01:48 PM
:yawn: This again? I thought the Lakers had the best chance of getting him... Or was it the Celtics? The Warriors? The Mavericks or the Bulls?

It was always Nets or Lakers.. Bulls were never had a shot. Dwight doesnt wanna go there. Bulls fans were just hopeful. Hey, dont be mad at Dwight.. this is Gods fault.

thephoenixson28
02-03-2012, 01:55 PM
If the nets were smart they would wait until free agency, or else they would have the Carmelo Anthony affect.

shep33
02-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Honestly, I don't think the Lakers are even talking to the Magic. I don't think many teams are talking with Orlando because I think Howard has made up his mind that he wants to go to NJ.

All the other talk IMO was just a smokescreen in attempt to make him look as if he wasn't leaving the Magic without options

HouRealCoach
02-03-2012, 01:59 PM
This is Carmelo 2.0 but he had his reasons because of the lockout but if the Nets get gutted for their draft picks, Lopez, Brooks, & cap space it will be a mistake because If he waits for FA then he can sign and they can keep their assets and they will have a better squad. Maybe even trade Lopez for Derrick Williams in Minnesota and then they would immediately become a powerhouse

OAN I doubt this is true

DeyAce
02-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Why go to a team thats worse than the one he's playing for now!!?? Come to Chicago you big ape

Chill_Will_24
02-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Honestly, I don't think the Lakers are even talking to the Magic. I don't think many teams are talking with Orlando because I think Howard has made up his mind that he wants to go to NJ.

All the other talk IMO was just a smokescreen in attempt to make him look as if he wasn't leaving the Magic without options

This

Chill_Will_24
02-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Why go to a team thats worse than the one he's playing for now!!?? Come to Chicago you big ape

:laugh2: Bulls fans...

Odominator
02-03-2012, 02:11 PM
I want to see Dwight with Rose as well. Dwight, Rose, and Deng/Boozer would put up a great threat to the Miami Heat

D12 fan
02-03-2012, 02:12 PM

Wow some people have no respect for what they say,that is some racist **** you just said.You should be banned.SMH

Chill_Will_24
02-03-2012, 02:12 PM
This is Carmelo 2.0 but he had his reasons because of the lockout but if the Nets get gutted for their draft picks, Lopez, Brooks, & cap space it will be a mistake because If he waits for FA then he can sign and they can keep their assets and they will have a better squad. Maybe even trade Lopez for Derrick Williams in Minnesota and then they would immediately become a powerhouse

OAN I doubt this is true

They cant risk that because Dallas might have the space to sign both Deron and Dwight and being Deron's hometown, having no state tax, and having a warmer climate... the Nets wont risk it like the Knicks wouldnt risk Carmelo being traded to the Nets

Chill_Will_24
02-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Wow some people have no respect for what they say,that is some racist **** you just said.You should be banned.SMH

How was it racist?

LA4life24/8
02-03-2012, 02:23 PM
wow... why would anyone want to go to the nets over the lakers... i bet d12 just scared he wont live up to shaqs legacy so he dont even wanna try... screw it let him go to new jersey... d12 and deron wont make it out of the 2nd round in the east, if he came to LA theyd be 2nd in the west easy... smh

kdspurman
02-03-2012, 02:34 PM
wow... why would anyone want to go to the nets over the lakers... i bet d12 just scared he wont live up to shaqs legacy so he dont even wanna try... screw it let him go to new jersey... d12 and deron wont make it out of the 2nd round in the east, if he came to LA theyd be 2nd in the west easy... smh

He's obviously got his reasons, and that doesn't make LA 2nd in the west "easy" nor does it guarantee anything. They'd still have PG issues, and who would they give up? Who would be the PF? Backup C? How would the chemistry be with him and Kobe? Kobe made it clear it'd still be his team.

He wants to go play with an all-star level PG and they'll both make each other better players. Nets will be in Brooklyn soon, so it'll be a new beginning, something they can build on together. It'll be a fresh start, and won't be in the Hollywood drama of trying to be Kobe/Shaq 2.0

smith&wesson
02-03-2012, 02:36 PM
howards making a mistake... d.will is a player who made a hof coach retire, blew up a playoff team in the west, and joined one of the worst teams in the league... thats the guy you want to team up with ?

no offence to nets fans. i know it would be nice if howard went there for the fans. im just saying for him personally i think there are better players to team up with.

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 02:43 PM
It was always Nets or Lakers.. Bulls were never had a shot. Dwight doesnt wanna go there. Bulls fans were just hopeful. Hey, dont be mad at Dwight.. this is Gods fault.

"Gods fault", How so, explain please? :confused:

Chill_Will_24
02-03-2012, 02:44 PM

:laugh2: You salty?

The Nets have the flexibility to do a lot. It wouldnt just be Deron and Dwight... even thou those two ALONE is enough to push them to at least the second round.

Chill_Will_24
02-03-2012, 02:47 PM
"Gods fault", How so, explain please? :confused:

"If I could play with Derrick right now and God wanted that to happen, it will happen," ... "It has nothing to do with me not wanting to play with Derrick Rose. I love him. That's my brother." -Dwight Howard

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 02:47 PM
:laugh2: You salty?

The Nets have the flexibility to do a lot. It wouldnt just be Deron and Dwight... even thou those two ALONE is enough to push them to at least the second round.

Who would the Nets give that would make the deal more the magic though?

Chill_Will_24
02-03-2012, 02:48 PM
howards making a mistake... d.will is a player who made a hof coach retire, blew up a playoff team in the west, and joined one of the worst teams in the league... thats the guy you want to team up with ?

no offence to nets fans. i know it would be nice if howard went there for the fans. im just saying for him personally i think there are better players to team up with.

:laugh2: This again?

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 02:48 PM
"If I could play with Derrick right now and God wanted that to happen, it will happen," ... "It has nothing to do with me not wanting to play with Derrick Rose. I love him. That's my brother." -Dwight Howard

lol Religion.

sammid21
02-03-2012, 02:49 PM
I thought he said he wanted to go to a team for winning purposes. Out of all the teams he listed the Nets are in the worst position to win.

Players should just cut the BS saying they want to go somewhere to win a title and just say they wanna go to a place just because

MagicBucsSox
02-03-2012, 02:59 PM
The last paragraph I love, but I fear Otis will ruin it, hell he agreed to a worst deal

smith&wesson
02-03-2012, 03:02 PM
:laugh2: This again?

jerry sloan is one of the best coaches you can play for. i dont see a player with a winning atitude clashing with him.

if i were a player i would love to have been drafted and played in sloan's system.

the fact that it was deron williams who drove the guy to retire after 20 + years and then was moved him self even though he was the best player on that team should tell you somthing.

if i was dwight howard i would have a few players on my list before d.will to play with but thats just my opinion.

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 03:04 PM
So the Maigc get an injured Lopez and what else??

Punk
02-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Honestly? Dwight representing Brooklyn doesn't fit him at all. He doesn't have the Brooklyn attitude that a Carmelo, Amare, Noah, Deron has.

I personally want him on the Knicks. It fits our personnel better to have a post big like Dwight to play inside/outside with our shooting concepts but If he goes to Brooklyn, It will be exciting for the league and that is something I look forward too.

Clippers/Lakers relevant, Heat/Magic relevant, Mavs/Spurs/Rockets relevant, Knicks/Nets relelvant = slap in the face to every small market owner :laugh2:

LakersKB24
02-03-2012, 03:11 PM

Injured Marshon Brooks! Oh and a pick, which would end up being a late first rounder...

Do it Otis!

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Lopez Brooks Hump and picks sounds about right. Which would still be a steal for the nets

time4change
02-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Hopefully this means they'll want Stephen Jackson as well.

God do I want him off the Bucks.

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Injured Marshon Brooks! Oh and a pick, which would end up being a late first rounder...

Do it Otis!

Otis would be GM of the year :win:

--23--
02-03-2012, 03:26 PM
:laugh2: I don't know how Dwight says he want to win a title, but turn around and selects the Nets as a destination, they're better team-up opportunities and teams out there for him imo...Durant (OKC), Rose(Bulls), Kobe(Lakers), sign with the Mavs as a FA, Hell even Philly would be a better spot for him.

I just don't understand Dwight http://i.imgur.com/HEey1.gif

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-03-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm ready to roll with the guys who are proven champions:Kobe Bryant, Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol. Dwight and Deron can party it up in Brooklyn and get blownout in the playoffs by the Heat and Bulls postseason after postseason, while the Lakers continue to be title contenders until Mr. Kobe Bryant retires.

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 03:28 PM
:laugh2: I don't know how Dwight says he want to win a title, but turn around and selects the Nets as a destination, they're better team-up opportunities and teams out there for him imo...Durant (OKC), Rose(Bulls), Kobe(Lakers), sign with the Mavs as a FA, Hell even Philly would be a better spot for him.

I don't think the Magic would be dumb enough to let him walk and not get anything in return.

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm ready to roll with the guys who are proven champions:Kobe Bryant, Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol. Dwight and Deron can party it up in Brooklyn and get blownout in the playoffs by the Heat and Bulls postseason after postseason, while the Lakers continue to be title contenders until Mr. Kobe Bryant retires.

I hope retires after his contract is up in two years.

MTar786
02-03-2012, 03:31 PM
even if the nets trade for him.. theyre still not going to be top 3 team

heat will be better
clippers will be better
bulls will be better
lakers will be better
maybe dallas too

Punk
02-03-2012, 03:32 PM

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be the East coast version of Shaq in his own way.

Deron, Morrow isn't a bad core to start out building with.

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 03:35 PM
:laugh2: The Magic were using the Lakers to get better leverage on the Nets. I guess the magic wanted Lopez, Brooks, and Humphries. :laugh:

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 03:36 PM
There is nothing wrong with wanting to be the East coast version of Shaq in his own way.

Deron, Morrow isn't a bad core to start out building with.

Morrow! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CarniifeX
02-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Sucks the Nets will have yo give up Brooks. He was becoming my favorite Net. I wish they would've traded Morrow and a second rounder for Mayo and then flip Mayo to Orlando instead of Brooks.

shep33
02-03-2012, 03:38 PM
If I'm the Nets, I roll the dice and don't trade for him. Keep your assets and try and get him via free agency... realistically the Mavs are the only other team in contention come this summer.

If the Nets gut their assets, it'll be a huge mistake. This year would essentially be a wash, and then next year they'd really have to rely on attracting vets and other players for smaller contracts. I mean they'd have two max contracts, and nothing to trade in order to get help, and have no picks.

Roll the dice. The worst thing that can happen is that you lose Deron, but you gain a lot of cap room and maintain your draft picks and young assets. But we've seen if you have Deron alone, nothing will really come out of it. Take your chances.

ndfightirish12
02-03-2012, 03:38 PM
explain to me how this isnt a good idea..the east is absolute garbage right now the nets are 8-15 and only 3 games out of the play offs...with deron and absolutley no one else..secondly once dwight goes there you cant tell me that brooklyn wont be a spot that other players will want to go to you get to play with the best point guard in the league and the best center in the league in new york in a new stadium..this team with dwight will be on the rise so i have no idea why anyone would say its stupid for dwight to come here ESPECIALLY if he signs as a free agent

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 03:41 PM
If I'm the Nets, I roll the dice and don't trade for him. Keep your assets and try and get him via free agency... realistically the Mavs are the only other team in contention come this summer.

If the Nets gut their assets, it'll be a huge mistake. This year would essentially be a wash, and then next year they'd really have to rely on attracting vets and other players for smaller contracts. I mean they'd have two max contracts, and nothing to trade in order to get help, and have no picks.

Roll the dice. The worst thing that can happen is that you lose Deron, but you gain a lot of cap room and maintain your draft picks and young assets. But we've seen if you have Deron alone, nothing will really come out of it. Take your chances.

The Magic aren't going to let Dwight walk without getting anything in return.

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 03:42 PM
explain to me how this isnt a good idea..the east is absolute garbage right now the nets are 8-15 and only 3 games out of the play offs...with deron and absolutley no one else..secondly once dwight goes there you cant tell me that brooklyn wont be a spot that other players will want to go to you get to play with the best point guard in the league and the best center in the league in new york in a new stadium..this team with dwight will be on the rise so i have no idea why anyone would say its stupid for dwight to come here ESPECIALLY if he signs as a free agent

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

BigCityofDreams
02-03-2012, 03:43 PM

The thing is though a guy like Dwight would help transition the Lakers when Kobe retires. I don't think this team will finish last in the league or anything like that but they have taken a step back.

ndfightirish12
02-03-2012, 03:44 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

prove me wrong...im dying to hear what you have to say

Rockice_8
02-03-2012, 03:46 PM
LA and CHI haters need to just chill out. Deron/Dwight is the third best team in the already. If he goes to LA it's gonna be Kobe/Dwight and nobody else but yet they are a top 2 team in the West and Deron/Dwight are a automatic second round outs. That makes about zero sense.

CHI would probably have a better supporting cast still since they'd be able to keep Rip and probably a lesser guy like Asik. Still doesn't change the fact that he doesn't want to go there so why does it even matter

The trade is gonna be something like Lopez, Brooks, Hump, Okur, 2012 first, HOU 1st, and the 2014 first for Dwight and Hedo.

They can probably make a mini MLE offer to Wilson Chandler who is known to want to come back to the NY area and have a pretty solid team still.

That leaves the Nets with

D-Will/Farmar
Morrow/Stevenson
Chandler/Shawne Williams
Hedo/Sheldon Williams
Dwight/Petro

That's easily the third best team in the East with a punchers chances to beat CHI/MIA so I don't get all the hate.

Master Mind
02-03-2012, 03:47 PM

My thoughts exactly...

Rockice_8
02-03-2012, 03:49 PM

Bitter LA fans are funny. Keep your champions (past tense) their time has past OKC and LAC rule the West now.

njnets825
02-03-2012, 03:52 PM
If he joined the nets he would instantly be in a better situation short term and long than if he were to stay with the magic. Can everyone agree that they aren't going to win this year? Ok, now with that said, they have no flexibility to add besides a draft pick and mle. They also happen to have the worst gm.

Now for all of you that say all these other situations are better on other teams, he said he wants to win a chip, not be carried to it. A top notch, complete pg puts him in better situations to succeed. Add to that a new arena in Brooklyn with a owner more than willing to spend money. Most teams that he goes to will be gutted to the point they won't contend this year also. With those 2 on a team, I guarantee the vets will come around in the offseason.

Rockice_8
02-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by ThunderousDemon

My thoughts exactly...

Who cares unless you a Magic fan? Oh that right your a bitter LA fan who will now change his tune to we don't need him. They get what they get or they get nothing and he sign via FA. Brooks is a very nice looking player and Hump is a double double machine. Not to mention they clear cap and probably get 3 firsts (not the highest picks in the world but not every good player is a top 5 pick. Gems are found and having extra picks helps facilitate trades.

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 03:55 PM
prove me wrong...im dying to hear what you have to say

First of all lets be realistic and think for a minute on who the Magic would want for Dwight on the Nets. Second, If the Magic wanted to trade him to Nets they would have done so when the Nets were offering a healthy Lopez and about five first round picks along with taking Duhon's and Hedo's contract. Third, even with Dwight and Deron they won't be able to go far, so that means they'd have to wait a couple of years to acquire a team that could contend for a championship and who knows how long that would take.

The goods
I figured this months ago he doesn't want to follow shaq,he's already in his shadow and would make it worse by going to the lakers so I'm not surprised,if he doesn't go to us then I want him on the nets and in the east.

KB-Pau-DH2012
Bitter LA fans are funny. Keep your champions (past tense) their time has past OKC and LAC rule the West now.

Not a bitter LA fan, it's too much of a headache to deal with this stuff as a fan. At the end of the day, you look at yourself in the mirror as a Laker fan and realize how fortunate and lucky you are compared to fans of other teams, and you hope that the championship pedigree and success that the Lakers have, especially in modern day basketball, gives you hope that things will be just fine post-Kobe Bryant era.

And I agree, OKC and the Clips are great out West, but for maybe 2 or 3 more years, because their starting shooting guard and small forward (Chauncey and Caron) are most likely going to be done in 2-3 yrs. Then there's the whole CP3 situation to see if he resigns in 2 yrs. But both OKC and LAC look promising, and I hope my team can compete with those teams for years to come.

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 03:56 PM

lol Nets fan's are hilarious .

cubbies7177
02-03-2012, 03:57 PM

hahahaha.. nice, i like the jab at dwight's quote.

This guy.. for how big he is... is such a *****.

He doesn't want to go to LA because he doesn't want to be overshadowed by Shaq's legacy??? Cmon. I'm not saying that he should go to LA or has the best chance to win in LA, but to have that as a reason to not go to LA or anywhere (doesn't want to go to CHI because Rose is the "man".... like what kind of excuse is that?) is just pathetic. He can be better than Shaq no doubt if he develops his offensive game. defensively he might be one of the best ever, so he really just needs to work on his post game, hit more finesse shots (more like MOZGOV last night.. he was KILLING it), and i see no reason for him to becoming better than Shaq or anyone for that matter.

dwight. be a man, trust ur ability and workethic, and go where you can win.. whether that be LA, CHI, DAL (If they get Dwill too), Nets (if they somehow get some depth...). and also, stop pulling a "lebron"

DoubleDragon
02-03-2012, 03:57 PM

Shep! say it isn't so!:speechless:

He's coming to the purple and gold....:o right?
:drunk:

D12?
D-Will?

hopefully they won't get re-routed to the Clipper locker room as well.

Rockice_8
02-03-2012, 04:17 PM
First of all lets be realistic and think for a minute on who the Magic would want for Dwight on the Nets. Second, If the Magic wanted to trade him to Nets they would have done so when the Nets were offering a healthy Lopez and about five first round picks along with taking Duhon's and Hedo's contract. Third, even with Dwight and Deron they won't be able to go far, so that means they'd have to wait a couple of years to acquire a team that could contend for a championship and who knows how long that would take.

Honestly who are you? Can you tell me tonight's lotto numbers cause I want to retire early, buy a yacht, and sail around the Caribbean Islands.

I'm waiting for your next post that says LA's package is way better. ORL should just do Bynum straight up for Dwight so I can :laugh:

ichitownclowni
02-03-2012, 04:38 PM

Have u not read any of the last six d 12 threads

D12 fan
02-03-2012, 04:54 PM
I can imagine a Bulls/Nets or Heat/Nets 1rd matchup,that would be a tough matchup for either team to face Dwill/D12 in the 1rd of playoffs.

airronijordan
02-03-2012, 05:07 PM
The nets should wait until free agency. Seems like Dwight only wants to be a Net

showtym24
02-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Anything orlando get from NJ (not counting DW) makes them a lottery team. Go Otis. Your the man.

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Honestly who are you? Can you tell me tonight's lotto numbers cause I want to retire early, buy a yacht, and sail around the Caribbean Islands.

I'm waiting for your next post that says LA's package is way better. ORL should just do Bynum straight up for Dwight so I can :laugh:

They won't make it far, If I'm the Magic and I only have the Nets to work with I'm going to want at least a few first round picks, morrow, and some other pieces and even that seems like terrible deal for the Magic. I also like how you just focused on one part and disregarded everything else I said, good job. :up:

dtmagnet
02-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Dwight Howard: Making Javale Mcgee look like a Rhodes Scholar.

njnets825
02-03-2012, 05:20 PM
They won't make far, If I'm the Magic and I only have the Nets to work with I'm going to want at least a few first round picks, morrow, and some other pieces and even that seems like terrible deal for the Magic. I also like how you just focused on one part and disregarded everything else I said, good job. :up:

The main pieces u would ask for would be morrow and a few 1st rd picks? I wish u were the gm. No Lopez, no brooks, no hump? That would be the nets dream scenario

Gram
02-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Dwight Howard: Making Javale Mcgee look like a Rhodes Scholar.

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I love your sig.

Rockice_8
02-03-2012, 05:28 PM
They won't make far, If I'm the Magic and I only have the Nets to work with I'm going to want at least a few first round picks, morrow, and some other pieces and even that seems like terrible deal for the Magic. I also like how you just focused on one part and disregarded everything else I said, good job. :up:

Ah that old argument. Just cause I only addressed the worst part of your post doesn't mean the rest of it was any good.

Fine I'll address it. You said why didn't they just pull the deal if they liked it so much. Well they did pull the deal but the owner back out last min according to reports. Also why rush into a deal when the deal was never going anywhere? They can trade him to NJ whenever they want Lopez, Brooks and the picks will always be on the table. They hoped 1. to convince him to stay one last time and 2. to get other teams like LA in to drive up the price and 3. because they are hosting the All Star game.

Stop saying they won't go far cause you don't know that. The Magic aren't getting fair value so they can forget it.

Rockice_8
02-03-2012, 05:31 PM
The main pieces u would ask for would be morrow and a few 1st rd picks? I wish u were the gm. No Lopez, no brooks, no hump? That would be the nets dream scenario

:laugh:

I can't believe I miss that line.

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 05:33 PM

I said other pieces in my post ,but lopez is injured and humphries sucks so bad

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Ah that old argument. Just cause I only addressed the worst part of your post doesn't mean the rest of it was any good.

Fine I'll address it. You said why didn't they just pull the deal if they liked it so much. Well they did pull the deal but the owner back out last min according to reports. Also why rush into a deal when the deal was never going anywhere? They can trade him to NJ whenever they want Lopez, Brooks and the picks will always be on the table. They hoped 1. to convince him to stay one last time and 2. to get other teams like LA in to drive up the price and 3. because they are hosting the All Star game.

Stop saying they won't go far cause you don't know that. The Magic aren't getting fair value so they can forget it.

Lopez is injured, they'll want Morrow as well and the five first round picks and they'll want the nets to take two bad contracts. The nets won't have any picks in the draft so they're banking on people wanting to go their in free agency.

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 05:38 PM
The Magic would be stupid if they trade him to the Nets and the Lakers would be stupid if they gave up their front court for one guy regardless if he is the best center in the NBA. That's it I'm done with Howard trade ideas, this **** is annoying especially the delusional fans of the Nets. , thinking they can get Dwight for and injured lopez, scrubs, and picks.

Punk
02-03-2012, 05:40 PM
I highly doubt they will ask for Morrow. They will ask for Brooks. If they ask for Morrow, that really screws the Nets.

I bet it will be Lopez, Brooks, draft picks for Howard/Hedo.

MickeyMgl
02-03-2012, 05:40 PM
So I guess tampering isn't against the rules anymore?

championships
02-03-2012, 05:41 PM
He wouldn't only have to live up to what Shaq did in L.A. but he would also have fill the shoes of other great centers that wore the Purple n Gold.

Guess he doesn't want the challenge of having to win a championship on the biggest stage in the N.B.A.

The easy way out is to go to The Nets. The first time he stepped on their court, He would instantly be a Net Great. Not really a standard to be met there.

Rockice_8
02-03-2012, 05:48 PM

The new Federal Reserve. :facepalm:

FYI not a good class to be in.

Jolly Fats
02-03-2012, 05:50 PM
The nets should wait until free agency. Seems like Dwight only wants to be a Net

The only problem is, if the Bulls are on his list, the Bulls have so much ammunition to make it happen and ,even after that, they'd still have contender, if not a favorite.

njnets825
02-03-2012, 05:59 PM

Other pieces sounds like throw in, cap equalizers. I would never say we'd get back Turk and another piece

VinceCarter
02-03-2012, 06:03 PM

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s328/Dazling203/hi-hater.gif

njnets825
02-03-2012, 06:05 PM
He wouldn't only have to live up to what Shaq did in L.A. but he would also have fill the shoes of other great centers that wore the Purple n Gold.

Guess he doesn't want the challenge of having to win a championship on the biggest stage in the N.B.A.

The easy way out is to go to The Nets. The first time he stepped on their court, He would instantly be a Net Great. Not really a standard to be met there.

Maybe it's not the easy way out. Maybe it's him just wanting to walk his own path. For now on, does any player that chooses a team over a tradition rich team mean that they're taking the easy way out? What is it harder to do? Win on a team that is usually good, or turn a team around and win? btw there isn't many more places with more pressure to win than NY

--23--
02-03-2012, 06:09 PM
I highly doubt they will ask for Morrow. They will ask for Brooks. If they ask for Morrow, that really screws the Nets.

If i'm correct that trade can't happen straight up, they would need a 3rd team to make something work, and I'm sure Morrow would have to be part of the trade...Well if I was the Magic GM and the Nets are my only choice that's what I'll ask for along with Humphries and draft picks.

justinnum1
02-03-2012, 06:23 PM
if nets sneak into 8th seed, they gonna give 1 seed a problem

Punk
02-03-2012, 06:28 PM
If i'm correct that trade can't happen straight up, they would need a 3rd team to make something work, and I'm sure Morrow would have to be part of the trade...Well if I was the Magic GM and the Nets are my only choice that's what I'll ask for along with Humphries and draft picks.

Let's be honest...We are talking about Otis Smith here. He'd probably agree to the worst deal possible and pretend it's great.

--23--
02-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Let's be honest...We are talking about Otis Smith here. He'd probably agree to the worst deal possible and pretend it's great.

:laugh2: true

Punk
02-03-2012, 06:36 PM
:laugh2: true

He'd probably agree to a Lopez for Dwight and NJ gets cash + draft picks trade.

mike_noodles
02-03-2012, 06:37 PM

I don't think he meant it like that. If D-12 was white, it wouldn't have been racist. Ape is slang for a big muscly guy, not just black people.

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 06:40 PM
[/B]

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s328/Dazling203/hi-hater.gif

Sorry I forgot that Humphries is like a top ten player in the NBA to Nets fan

tnewkirk
02-03-2012, 06:55 PM
the hypocrisy on this thread is laughable, why would dwight wanna do go to the nets when they suck? for what they got, 8 players healthy they're doing pretty good. add in lopez in there and james and this team is close to .500, add dwight and its better. its not like if they get dwight thats it, obviously they'l try to get more players that suit him and deron. oh and he would be playing in a brand new arena and have more money than if he went somewhere else.

spurs were horrible until duncan came there, bulls sucked before jordan, okc before durant etc.. while nets went to finals with kidd and went to the playoffs all the time until kidd left.

RLundi
02-03-2012, 06:56 PM

You realize that's nearly $30M going out and only like $7M coming in don't you? Even if Otis Smith is as inept as you make him seem, NBA salary cap rules bar this trade from happening.

If anything, it'll be Lopez, Brooks, Okur, Humphries and picks for Howard and Hedo.

shep33
02-03-2012, 07:02 PM
You realize that's nearly $30M going out and only like $7M coming in don't you? Even if Otis Smith is as inept as you make him seem, NBA salary cap rules bar this trade from happening.

If anything, it'll be Lopez, Brooks, Okur, Humphries and picks for Howard and Hedo.

I think that's what it'll end up being. Maybe, just maybe the Magic unload Duhon too, especially if NJ is desperate. That's a long shot though

jkiddvc20
02-03-2012, 07:07 PM

Not one Nets fan has ever said that...You said Hump sucks which he certainly does not suck. He is what he is a good energy player who is a beast on the boards. That does not mean he sucks I think you may be watching too much of Keeping up with the Kardashians

Wes_Craven
02-03-2012, 07:09 PM

Yeah this would make the most sense, IMO, especially the Nets, not wanting to take back Hedo's contract and have that eating up valuable cap space.

jmoney85
02-03-2012, 07:15 PM
lol @ people that think hump sucks.... he could be a key player on a championship caliber team.... he's a double double machine

Evolution23
02-03-2012, 07:27 PM
LOL he doesn't want to go to the Nets. All their players are injured and Deron Williams is playing awful. What a joke.

Chill_Will_24
02-03-2012, 07:28 PM
LOL he doesn't want to go to the Nets. All their players are injured and Deron Williams is playing awful. What a joke.

I guess every reporter and writer and source is wrong...

Chill_Will_24
02-03-2012, 07:30 PM
BTW there are reports coming out that Dwight's camp has informed the Lakers that he will NOT resign there.. game over

If anyone can find the link to that please post it.

MagicBucsSox
02-03-2012, 07:36 PM

It'll take a 3rd team again to complete the deal. Ie the mayo or Gerald Wallace involvement(god I hope not) last time. I don't think Lopez will land on Orlando it's said magic perfer Bogut or Jennings. , so no one knows what's goin on except it's guarantee gonna be a Magic multiple-team raping going down.

shep33
02-03-2012, 07:41 PM
It'll take a 3rd team again to complete the deal. Ie the mayo or Gerald Wallace involvement(god I hope not) last time. I don't think Lopez will land on Orlando it's said magic perfer Bogut or Jennings. , so no one knows what's goin on except it's guarantee gonna be a Magic multiple-team raping going down.

The only thing is I just can't see Jennings being dealt from the Bucks. Bogut yes, but he's injured for a while now. Mayo according to some reports seems like he's off limits now. But who knows, these reports are so stupid, hard to know which one's are true and which one's aren't.

netsgiantsyanks
02-03-2012, 07:46 PM

no nets fan have ever said that ever.

llemon
02-03-2012, 07:46 PM
spurs were horrible until duncan came there.

I think you should check out the 8 seasons before Duncan was a Spur.

Young and Stupid
02-03-2012, 08:03 PM
It's pretty obvious how this well end; it's just a matter of when at this point.

My prediction:
Nets trade: Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, Memhet Okur, Jordan Farmar, Nets' 2012 first-round pick, Houston's 2012 first-round pick, Miami's 2012 second-round pick and Nets' 2014 first-round pick.
Magic trade: Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, Chris Duhon.

There will be a third (and possibly a fourth) team involved.

ThunderousDemon
02-03-2012, 08:18 PM
It's pretty obvious how this well end; it's just a matter of when at this point.

My prediction:
Nets trade: Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, Memhet Okur, Jordan Farmar, Nets' 2012 first-round pick, Houston's 2012 first-round pick, Miami's 2012 second-round pick and Nets' 2014 first-round pick.
Magic trade: Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, Chris Duhon.

There will be a third (and possibly a fourth) team involved.

The Magic get the better end of that deal imo

Vampirate
02-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by ThunderousDemon

Who cares unless you a Magic fan? Oh that right your a bitter LA fan who will now change his tune to we don't need him. They get what they get or they get nothing and he sign via FA. Brooks is a very nice looking player and Hump is a double double machine. Not to mention they clear cap and probably get 3 firsts (not the highest picks in the world but not every good player is a top 5 pick. Gems are found and having extra picks helps facilitate trades.

Are you blind, or did you not see his sig, he is a Heat fan not a Laker fan.

Young and Stupid
02-03-2012, 08:27 PM
The Magic get the better end of that deal imo

That won't all be going to the Magic. As I said, they'll be a third (and possibly a fourth) team involved; however, the Magic will get an asset from said team(s).

I think the Nets will end up paying a steep price; but anytime you have a chance to acquire a top-three NBA player, you have to do it.

ThePooH_1_
02-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Dwight is a Joke.. never thought I'd ever hate him for beeing like Lebron/Melo and doing such a hype .. :facepalm:

Cano24
02-03-2012, 08:51 PM
If the nets were smart they would wait until free agency, or else they would have the Carmelo Anthony affect.

the only difference is the Nets will be able to go over the cap to resign Deron and Dwight so they will be able to adress some needs via FA...and a PG and C is a much better starting point than a SF and PF

VinceCarter
02-03-2012, 10:37 PM

Not at all he just doesn't "suck". :pity:

D1JM
02-05-2012, 06:22 PM
MagicInsider: If rumors true that DHoward will not re-sign with L.A., Magic might let him walk. Magic don't want Brook Lopez, healthy or otherwise

via twitter

i actually want to see this happen. i want to see howard leave 30 million on the table and magic reject any sign and trade to the magic.

Cal827
02-05-2012, 07:39 PM
via twitter

i actually want to see this happen. i want to see howard leave 30 million on the table and magic reject any sign and trade to the magic.

:laugh: That would be awesome

Surprising they wouldn't take Brook though. He's a young Center with potential. and they probably could also Net Brooks in the deal too. :shrug:

VinceCarter
02-05-2012, 08:10 PM
:laugh: That would be awesome

Surprising they wouldn't take Brook though. He's a young Center with potential. and they probably could also Net Brooks in the deal too. :shrug:

haha their loss, Nets gain.

Tmath
02-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Dwight & Deron are coming to Toronto.

BullsFTW
02-05-2012, 09:17 PM

Actually the stacks are against the Nets. If they don't get Dwight, they lose Deron in the process. The Nets clearly don't have the best package to land Dwight, and in Free Agency Dallas can sneak up and grab the two superstars.

I'm actually hopeful that the Bulls do get Dwight, and if we don't we're still contenders. For the Nets, it's all or nothing.

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Actually the stacks are against the Nets. If they don't get Dwight, they lose Deron in the process. The Nets clearly don't have the best package to land Dwight, and in Free Agency Dallas can sneak up and grab the two superstars.

I'm actually hopeful that the Bulls do get Dwight, and if we don't we're still contenders. For the Nets, it's all or nothing.

Bitter much? Like i said before dont get mad at the world cuz Dwight has no interest in the Bulls. Its God's fault according to Dwight.

The Nets dont have the best package? Who is the competition? DAL? LA is out per multiple reports. Mavs have nothing to trade. So who has a better package?

BTW even a moron can see that if Dwight makes it to FA there is no better team to go to than the Nets. They can sign both Deron and Dwight and go over the cap to sign Lopez. Thats a much better team than the only alternative which is an old Dallas team. The Nets are Deron's preferred team according to his own statements and every report says Dwight wants Brooklyn. Why would that change over the summer when the Nets would be even better than they are now with multiple high picks in 2012, lopez AND MarShon Brooks.

Its ok man. Im sure DRose and Noah will lead you to the promise land.

imagesrdecievin
02-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Orlando stating(leaking) that they have no interest in Lopez whatsoever is akin to the Nuggets last year having no interest in any of the Knicks assets.

Its the art of negotiating.

BullsFTW
02-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Bitter much? Like i said before dont get mad at the world cuz Dwight has no interest in the Bulls. Its God's fault according to Dwight.

The Nets dont have the best package? Who is the competition? DAL? LA is out per multiple reports. Mavs have nothing to trade. So who has a better package?

BTW even a moron can see that if Dwight makes it to FA there is no better team to go to than the Nets. They can sign both Deron and Dwight and go over the cap to sign Lopez. Thats a much better team than the only alternative which is an old Dallas team. The Nets are Deron's preferred team according to his own statements and every report says Dwight wants Brooklyn. Why would that change over the summer when the Nets would be even better than they are now with multiple high picks in 2012, lopez AND MarShon Brooks.

Me Bitter? Naw, either way we'll be contenders. From the looks of it you're the ones who sound pissed. Don't doubt for a second that Dwight & Deron might go to Dallas. You're talking as if Dwight to the Nets is a sure thing, but what if that doesn't happen? Then you're screwed. I really believe that if Dwight doesn't land in NJ, Deron will bolt to Dallas.

Don't worry, I'll enjoy D-Rose & the rest of the Bulls on our quest for a championship.

Sounds like someone is jealous.

Cano-Montero...
02-05-2012, 11:17 PM
You can have him... I'm tired of this drama...

Its getting worst like the melo and LBj minus the decision..

ldawg
02-05-2012, 11:18 PM
If Howard team up with Pau and Kobe its Game over He is the player they need. Howard and a scorer off the Bench aka Jr smith. If La land those to players i will put all bets on them.

BullsFTW
02-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Orlando stating(leaking) that they have no interest in Lopez whatsoever is akin to the Nuggets last year having no interest in any of the Knicks assets.

Its the art of negotiating.

So Orlando saying he has no interest in Chicago really means he does have interest in playing for the Bulls and wants the Bulls FO to make a strong push to acquire him? Ok kool.

BullsFTW
02-05-2012, 11:25 PM
If Howard team up with Pau and Kobe its Game over He is the player they need. Howard and a scorer off the Bench aka Jr smith. If La land those to players i will put all bets on them.

No LA! No Dallas! No Chicago! No Boston!

Dwight Howard is going to NJ/Brooklyn because every Nets poster said so. If You disagree with them you're wrong. The Nets have the best package of Lopez who can't rebound and overrated chucker name Marshon Brooks. It's over people, the deadline is more than a month from now and Dwight is dead set on NJ.........

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Me Bitter? Naw, either way we'll be contenders. From the looks of it you're the ones who sound pissed. Don't doubt for a second that Dwight & Deron might go to Dallas. You're talking as if Dwight to the Nets is a sure thing, but what if that doesn't happen? Then you're screwed. I really believe that if Dwight doesn't land in NJ, Deron will bolt to Dallas.

Don't worry, I'll enjoy D-Rose & the rest of the Bulls on our quest for a championship.

Sounds like someone is jealous.

:laugh2: The bitterness is palpable. Nope.. definitely not a sure thing till ORL decides to trade him but if you still cant see where this story is headed after witnessing it last year with Melo then your in denial.

Did Melo make it to FA? Nope.

Did he get his desired destination after toying with other teams? Yup.

Did the Nuggets not pretend to not be interested in the Knicks players to gain advantage? Yup.

Dwight has let the Lakers know he is not resigning there (thanks Kobe). that leaves the Nets and Mavs. Who will the Mavs trade? ORL will not let Dwight walk. Everyone knows that they are trying to gain leverage.

Nuggets and Melo used the Nets as leverage to get a good deal from the Knicks just as the Magic are using the Lakers as leverage to get a good deal from the Nets.

I find it ironic that it was the Lakers duo of Shaq and Kobe that swept the Nets in the finals and now between the Shaq comparisons, Shaq getting on Dwight's nerves with the public jabs, and Kobe's ego.. the Nets are all but assured they are gonna get Dwight.

D1JM
02-05-2012, 11:36 PM

it doesnt work like that unless the magic do a sign and trade. without the sign and trade you have to give up the rights of brook or make brook accept a deal around 4 million dollars.

BullsFTW
02-05-2012, 11:38 PM
:laugh2: The bitterness is palpable. Nope.. definitely not a sure thing till ORL decides to trade him but if you still cant see where this story is headed after witnessing it last year with Melo then your in denial.

Did Melo make it to FA? Nope.

Did he get his desired destination after toying with other teams? Yup.

Did the Nuggets not pretend to not be interested in the Knicks players to gain advantage? Yup.

Dwight has let the Lakers know he is not resigning there (thanks Kobe). that leaves the Nets and Mavs. Who will the Mavs trade? ORL will not let Dwight walk. Everyone knows that they are trying to gain leverage.

Nuggets and Melo used the Nets as leverage to get a good deal from the Knicks just as the Magic are using the Lakers as leverage to get a good deal from the Nets.

I find it ironic that it was the Lakers duo of Shaq and Kobe that swept the Nets in the finals and now between the Shaq comparisons, Shaq getting on Dwight's nerves with the public jabs, and Kobe's ego.. the Nets are all but assured they are gonna get Dwight.

Ok....

What if Dwight doesn't land in NJ? and D-Will heads to Dallas?....You can never be too sure buddy.

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 11:39 PM

Dwight Howard is going to NJ/Brooklyn because every Nets poster said so. If You disagree with them you're wrong. The Nets have the best package of Lopez who can't rebound and overrated chucker name Marshon Brooks. It's over people, the deadline is more than a month from now and Dwight is dead set on NJ.........

:laugh: butt hurt fans like you make this all so much sweeter and entertaining for me. Please keep it up. I love it.

EDIT: I mean it too! Let me here some more. Overrated chucker... :laugh2: You mean Shumpert?

BullsFTW
02-05-2012, 11:42 PM
:laugh: butt hurt fans like you make this all so much sweeter and entertaining for me. Please keep it up. I love it.

EDIT: I mean it too! Let me here some more. Overrated chucker... :laugh2: You mean Shumpert?

It'll be sweeter if he doesn't land in NJ at all.

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 11:43 PM
it doesnt work like that unless the magic do a sign and trade. without the sign and trade you have to give up the rights of brook or make brook accept a deal around 4 million dollars.

The Magic arent gonna let Dwight walk for nothing. Dont buy into the bargaining schemes these GMs play. Go back to how the Melo drama played out and see that this is all playing out the same way.

IF big IF all these collaborating reports are true.. ORL will be forced to trade with NJ

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Ok....

What if Dwight doesn't land in NJ? and D-Will heads to Dallas?....You can never be too sure buddy.

Why would he? I once was the biggest pessimist thinking Deron would bolt for DAL but then i thought about it logically.

-Deron has stated multiple times, including to his good friend and Nets hater Chris Broussard, that his preferred choice is to lead the Nets into Brooklyn.

-Dwight per EVERY report has the Nets atop his list NOW

-Why would that change in the summer when the Nets would have 2 lottery picks in the star studded 2012 draft along with lots of cap space and assets including MarShon Brooks etc.

The Mavs would have all their money tied up to Dirk, Deon and Dwight IF Deron and Dwight decide to take paycuts to play there... what else would they have?

JIDsanity
02-05-2012, 11:51 PM
I hope we get him, and go into NY winning. It doesn't matter who the Nets move to get him. If they can get Deron and Dwight on the same team in BK there's gonna be title talk in NY for years to come.

ChiSox219
Bulls are in first place with the reigning MVP and lots of talent and flexibility going forward.

Why are their fans being called "bitter" and "butt hurt"? By Nets fans of all people...smh

Chill_Will_24
It'll be sweeter if he doesn't land in NJ at all.

I bet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcR677VQ3Hc

Chill_Will_24
02-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Bulls are in first place with the reigning MVP and lots of talent and flexibility going forward.

Why are their fans being called "bitter" and "butt hurt"? By Nets fans of all people...smh

Did you read what your fellow fan wrote? MerShon Brooks is apparently a chucker.. and apparently were still in 2010 cuz Brook lopez has mononucleosis again and is grabbing 6 boards a game again :pity:

MarShon brooks must be the most efficient chucker we have ever seen!!!!

ChiSox219
02-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Did you read what your fellow fan wrote? MerShon Brooks is apparently a chucker.. and apparently were still in 2010 cuz Brook lopez has mononucleosis again and is grabbing 6 boards a game again :pity:

MarShon brooks must be the most efficient chucker we have ever seen!!!!

No one wants Brook Lopez.

The chucker label is somewhat subjective, I think Kobe is a chucker, does that make me bitter?

ChiSox219
02-06-2012, 12:03 AM
P.S

Bulls fans know first hand that these "lists", "unnamed sources", and other nonsense mean nothing.

D1JM
02-06-2012, 12:05 AM
The Magic arent gonna let Dwight walk for nothing. Dont buy into the bargaining schemes these GMs play. Go back to how the Melo drama played out and see that this is all playing out the same way.

IF big IF all these collaborating reports are true.. ORL will be forced to trade with NJ

just by howard walking they will at around 46 million next year. than the following year turks contract will be bought out and they would be at around 22 million.

however, if they do trade howard to the nets, orlando will want turk to go with howard.

shep33
02-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Don't know if it's been posted... Brian Schmitz twitter (Magic Insider)

If rumors true that DHoward will not re-sign with L.A., Magic might let him walk. Magic don't want Brook Lopez, healthy or otherwise

NJBASEBALL22
02-06-2012, 12:13 AM

LOL. This is funny. You attack the Nets fans because a write wrote a piece about how they have anywhere from a realistically good chance to fantastic chance to land D12. Then you rip their players. Marshon Brooks is an overrated chucker??? That's funny. He has the same exact shooting percentage as D. Rose and a much better 3 pt percentage---> and he is a rookie. He is a good slasher and has a good shot. He is a good scorer and efficient. His game actually resembles a young Kobe. Say what you will, but you are wrong. Lopez is soft for a 7 footer as well but he is also a top 5 center in the league and that in return is better than nothing. Plus they can throw in Hump, who is a 13 and 11 guy, and a handful of picks. That isn't a bad package compared to what they will get because they are all still young.

Chill_Will_24
02-06-2012, 12:24 AM
P.S

Bulls fans know first hand that these "lists", "unnamed sources", and other nonsense mean nothing.

Not when they are reported by basically every reporter.. whatever helps you sleep thou. its denial. Its cool

blastmasta26
02-06-2012, 12:26 AM

If rumors true that DHoward will not re-sign with L.A., Magic might let him walk. Magic don't want Brook Lopez, healthy or otherwise
Why would they not want him though? He's got potential for sure.

Chill_Will_24
02-06-2012, 12:26 AM
just by howard walking they will at around 46 million next year. than the following year turks contract will be bought out and they would be at around 22 million.

however, if they do trade howard to the nets, orlando will want turk to go with howard.

How much leverage do you project the Magic to have if forced to deal with a specific team? Turk going to NJ might not be a given but even if it is the nets have nothing at SF so they would prolly take him.

Lindystud36
02-06-2012, 12:28 AM
The Nets are very smart in this senario.
They realize it takes a team to win in this league.
They will let Dwight finish this year in Orlando, then sign him as a free agent.
Brook should be moved this year to a lottery team, allowing the nets to have two high draft picks.
Pair two first round studs with DWill Dwight and MBrooks and you have a title contender

ChiSox219
02-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Not when they are reported by basically every reporter.. whatever helps you sleep thou. its denial. Its cool

Denial of what? See the summer of 2010 and you'll see every week there was a new rumor that nearly every reporter latched on to. I never said the Bulls were going to get Dwight or that the Nets weren't.

I don't need Dwight Howard to sleep at night, I already have DROSE!

Chill_Will_24
02-06-2012, 12:31 AM

Remember this?

http://knickstweets.net/knicks-rumors/nuggets-not-interested-in-knicks-danilo-gallinari/

Its all bargaining techniques

Chill_Will_24
02-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Denial of what? See the summer of 2010 and you'll see every week there was a new rumor that nearly every reporter latched on to. I never said the Bulls were going to get Dwight or that the Nets weren't.

I don't need Dwight Howard to sleep at night, I already have DROSE!

Every reporter was scrambling in 2010. Nobody had a clue and every one of them had conflicting theories and reports per different sources. Not till i believe Steven A Smith reported it did every reporter latch on to the Lebron to MIA thing.

In this situation you have like 2 dozen different reporters talking about this list with a couple like Bucher reporting it way back before the lockout! Now everyone is still talking about the list and the Nets have been atop it the whole time.

A list that Dwight btw has made no effort to deny when asked. To top it off Dwight demanded a trade to the Nets!! What more proof do ppl need?

This isnt the magical Melo wedding toast" we are seeing. The proof is there.

D1JM
02-06-2012, 12:42 AM
How much leverage do you project the Magic to have if forced to deal with a specific team? Turk going to NJ might not be a given but even if it is the nets have nothing at SF so they would prolly take him.

same as denver had with the knicks. moreover, if you add turk thats adding about 28 million at least to next year. you'll be under the cap limit most likely so the nets will have the mini-mle and a bunch of vet minimum contracts.

Raph12
02-06-2012, 12:46 AM
If they challenge Dwight to leave the $30M on the table, he'll definitely leave... If he signs with the Nets, without them sacrificing any of their assets, he'll be in the best situation of his career;

PG - DWill/Farmar
SG - Morrow/Brooks
SF - Top 5-10 pick/Kirilenko
PF - Lopez (or traded piece)/Humphries
C - D12

You trade Lopez for a legitimate PF (like Horford/JSmoove) or SF (GForce or Granger), then draft whichever position is left over.

That right there would be a better team than Dwight's ever had, in a big market and he'd be the leader... Great job Magic, you sure taught him. :rolleyes:

Chill_Will_24
02-06-2012, 12:52 AM
If they challenge Dwight to leave the $30M on the table, he'll definitely leave... If he signs with the Nets, without them sacrificing any of their assets, he'll be in the best situation of his career;

PG - DWill/Farmar
SG - Morrow/Brooks
C - D12

You trade Lopez for a legitimate PF (like Horford/JSmoove) or SF (GForce or Granger), then draft whichever position is left over.

That right there would be a better team than Dwight's ever had, in a big market and he'd be the leader... Great job Magic, you sure taught him. :rolleyes:

Exactly. So i dont get why the Magic are trying to turn up their nose pretending they have leverage when Kobe pretty much killed it for them.

Lopez, Brooks, Farmar, Okur HOU first rounder, Nets first rounder, and expirings for Dwight, Duhon, and Turk is about the best they could hope for given the circumstances.

D1JM
02-06-2012, 12:59 AM

PG - DWill/Farmar
SG - Morrow/Brooks
C - D12

So you think Howard, humphries, k-47 and Lopez will all sign for a combined 23 million?

shep33
02-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Remember this?

http://knickstweets.net/knicks-rumors/nuggets-not-interested-in-knicks-danilo-gallinari/

Its all bargaining techniques

The guy is pretty reliable according to Magic fans, however, your right i think it terms of the purpose here. The problem for the Nets is that they might give in to the Magic's demands... I mean they could strip the Nets of all their assets.

Best thing that could ever happen for the Nets is if Orlando lets him walk.

Kleonidas
02-06-2012, 01:06 AM

I wouldn't listen to any tool from the Orlando sentinel. Lets not forget the report that Otis already accepted the trade to only have the owner say no. Now Otis wants no part???

Chill_Will_24
02-06-2012, 01:07 AM
The guy is pretty reliable according to Magic fans, however, your right i think it terms of the purpose here. The problem for the Nets is that they might give in to the Magic's demands... I mean they could strip the Nets of all their assets.

Best thing that could ever happen for the Nets is if Orlando lets him walk.

I agree completely Shep. I really do. Lets see how this plays out. It really depends on the Magic. If they say no to a trade and Dwight walks, the Nets are sitting pretty. If they try to trade him at the deadline the Nets will jump on it in hopes of making the playoffs this season.

DoMeFavors
02-06-2012, 01:09 AM
People think Nets need to give Orlando any deal they want..first of all Dwight is the one that wants out. So there is no leverage to Orlando especially with the Nets who have a smart FO. Unlike NY last year who traded for Melo 2 days before the trade deadline ended. The best your going to get is Lopez and Okur plus 2 first round picks for Dwight Howard.
Dallas and LAL have zero trade assets unlike Nets last year in the Melo sweepstakes.

shep33
02-06-2012, 01:12 AM
I agree completely Shep. I really do. Lets see how this plays out. It really depends on the Magic. If they say no to a trade and Dwight walks, the Nets are sitting pretty. If they try to trade him at the deadline the Nets will jump on it in hopes of making the playoffs this season.

Yeah I love that for the Nets if he walks. Trade Lopez for help, maybe pick up a couple vets for the minimum. They'd be in perfect shape to contend right away and move forward. It'll be interesting to see what happens at the deadline...

I mean I just look at Cleveland and Toronto than I look at Denver and Utah... I mean if Otis is smart he'd do a deal and not take any chance.

Chill_Will_24
02-06-2012, 01:15 AM
People think Nets need to give Orlando any deal they want..first of all Dwight is the one that wants out. So there is no leverage to Orlando especially with the Nets who have a smart FO. Unlike NY last year who traded for Melo 2 days before the trade deadline ended. The best your going to get is Lopez and Okur plus 2 first round picks for Dwight Howard.
Dallas and LAL have zero trade assets unlike Nets last year in the Melo sweepstakes.

The sole reason that the Nets even have Deron Williams is cuz Billy King was friends with the Jazz GM. So they shouldnt burn bridges by attempting to low ball the Magic and Billy King wont do it. King is a genuinely nice guy.

The Lakers have trade assets better than the Nets. They just arent at the bargaining table anymore thanks to Mr Mamba.

shep33
02-06-2012, 01:16 AM

I wouldn't say LAL has zero assets, they won't give up both bigs though, nor should they for a Howard deal. I mean they've also got two first rounders and a 9 mill TPE to take back another contract like Nelson or Duhon too. So they can take back a bad contract.

I just don't think LA risks it though, that's a steep price to pay. Not so much the draft picks or the TPE, but just taking back a bad contract when they already have 2 in Walton + Metta.

He'll be a Net by the deadline IMO

Chill_Will_24
02-06-2012, 01:18 AM
Yeah I love that for the Nets if he walks. Trade Lopez for help, maybe pick up a couple vets for the minimum. They'd be in perfect shape to contend right away and move forward. It'll be interesting to see what happens at the deadline...

I mean I just look at Cleveland and Toronto than I look at Denver and Utah... I mean if Otis is smart he'd do a deal and not take any chance.

i think Otis ultimately will.. this script is following too closely to the Melo situation in Denver last year. Otis, no matter how dumb will not let Dwight walk.

Raph12
02-06-2012, 01:23 AM
So you think Howard, humphries, k-47 and Lopez will all sign for a combined 23 million?

Farmar and Shawne Williams are likely to pick up their player options (both play limited minutes); AK they could sign for cheaps as he and Prok have ties from Russia (apparently he was ready to join them this season but the trade fell through).

The only guaranteed contracts on the books are of Morrow (4M), Petro (3.5M) and Brooks (1.2M)... The rest have team options (likely to be declined), player options (both Farmar and Shawne likely to decline) or qualifying offers (as long as Brook agrees to a S&T and a lot of teams want centers), they should have enough for AK and maybe Hump as well.

This would be for sure:

PG - DWill
SG - Morrow/Brooks
SF - Top 5-10 Draft or Trade
PF - Top 5-10 Draft or Trade
C - D12/Petro

That already looks better than the current Magic roster:

PG - Nelson/Duhon
SG - JRich/Redick/Wafer
SF - Turk/QRich
PF - Rhino/Baby
C - D12/?

DoMeFavors
02-06-2012, 01:33 AM
And I find it funny how people get all angry when Dwight doesnt want to go to your team (Bulls & Knicks) and you call him dumb and say he will never win a championship. Deron and Dwight is a hell of a duo, and saying that Nets wont have anything its called signing role players and guys to vet min. Nets already have a lot of good role players who have played on championship teams like Bogans,Stevenson,Farmar

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-06-2012, 01:39 AM
And I find it funny how people get all angry when Dwight doesnt want to go to your team (Bulls & Knicks) and you call him dumb and say he will never win a championship. Deron and Dwight is a hell of a duo, and saying that Nets wont have anything its called signing role players and guys to vet min. Nets already have a lot of good role players who have played on championship teams like Bogans,Stevenson,Farmar

You're talking about Deron and Dwight duo as if it's a Shaq-Kobe duo that's a lock for multiple championships.

Last time I checked, you need the proper role players to compliment two superstars. From that perspective, after gutting out their roster to acquire Dwight, the Brooklyn Nets still have a lot of work to do to compete with the likes of Bulls and Heat out in the East. Farmar is a good role player, but very very inconsistent. Stevenson is a good role player so we'll see. And Bogans is worthless if the Bulls had to get rid of him and get an upgrade in Rip Hamilton.

And you won't get quality players at the vet's min if you think about the salary of vet's min and the state tax with the Nets moving to Brooklyn, NY. With the vet's min, that player will barely earn about 800K a year.

DoMeFavors
02-06-2012, 01:44 AM
You're talking about Deron and Dwight duo as if it's a Shaq-Kobe duo that's a lock for multiple championships.

Last time I checked, you need the proper role players to compliment two superstars. From that perspective, after gutting out their roster to acquire Dwight, the Brooklyn Nets still have a lot of work to do to compete with the likes of Bulls and Heat out in the East. Farmar is a good role player, but very very inconsistent. Stevenson is a good role player so we'll see. And Bogans is worthless if the Bulls had to get rid of him and get an upgrade in Rip Hamilton.

And you won't get quality players at the vet's min if you think about the salary of vet's min and the state tax with the Nets moving to Brooklyn, NY. With the vet's min, that player will barely earn about 800K a year.

No I dont think Deron and Dwight is Kobe and Shaq but having the best center in the league helps. Dwight has never played with a good passing pg at all. Him getting the ball in spots and lobs will make it so much easier for him. The Magic actually went far the year they want to the finals because Jameer was injured and Rafer was being a traditional point guard.

But unlike the Heat its easier to sign a wing player or pf to start for a championship team than a Pg who has to have the ball most of the time or a center to get in the paint and score. The Nets will have the two hardest positions to fill already on their team.

shep33
02-06-2012, 01:46 AM
It's going to be interesting watching those two guys play together. Should be fun. I don't know if the Nets will compete right away this year, but the following year it should be competitive with the Nets, Bulls and Heat.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-06-2012, 01:50 AM
It's going to be interesting watching those two guys play together. Should be fun. I don't know if the Nets will compete right away this year, but the following year it should be competitive with the Nets, Bulls and Heat.

I think Avery is a tremendous coach, we saw what he did with the 2006 Mavs. Nets just have to be smart and understand the rules of the new CBA to surround the proper talent around DWill and Dwight.

beliges
02-06-2012, 01:58 AM
Theres one very obvious aspect to this story that this article, which is all speculation, is failing to point out. The Nets would have to trade for Dwight and they have absolutely nobody to trade. Besides DWill, they done have the pieces to land Dwight.

DoMeFavors
02-06-2012, 02:09 AM
Theres one very obvious aspect to this story that this article, which is all speculation, is failing to point out. The Nets would have to trade for Dwight and they have absolutely nobody to trade. Besides DWill, they done have the pieces to land Dwight.

Yes two top 20 picks in the 2012 stacked draft, a young Center,a top 3 rookie this season, and cap relief from Magics terrible contracts. Yeah they just dont have the pieces....

beliges
02-06-2012, 02:18 AM
Yes two top 20 picks in the 2012 stacked draft, a young Center,a top 3 rookie this season, and cap relief from Magics terrible contracts. Yeah they just dont have the pieces....

You think 2 draft picks, Anthony Morrow and Brooke Lopez is gonna be enough to land Dwight? Lets get a little realistic here man. I mean the Lakers are allegedly offering their 22 yr old All-Star center. The point is, almost every other team in the hunt for Dwight can offer a better deal than the Nets. I understand that its exciting to have the Nets in the running for Dwight as youre a Nets fan, but the only way Dwight ends up in NJ is if he refuses to sign an extension with any other team except for the Nets. Because if Orlando is gonna trade for him, I can guarantee you Morrow, Lopez and Picks is not going to be nearly enough.

JerseysFinest
02-06-2012, 02:25 AM
You think 2 draft picks, Anthony Morrow and Brooke Lopez is gonna be enough to land Dwight? Lets get a little realistic here man. I mean the Lakers are allegedly offering their 22 yr old All-Star center. The point is, almost every other team in the hunt for Dwight can offer a better deal than the Nets. I understand that its exciting to have the Nets in the running for Dwight as youre a Nets fan, but the only way Dwight ends up in NJ is if he refuses to sign an extension with any other team except for the Nets. Because if Orlando is gonna trade for him, I can guarantee you Morrow, Lopez and Picks is not going to be nearly enough.

I'm not really understanding what you're trying to get at here. What DMF is saying is, Nets are offering two first round picks in the 2012 draft, which by the way is arguably the best since 2003, probably their 2014 first, a stud rookie in MarShon Brooks, a young center in Brook Lopez, and expiring contracts. They are relieving the Magic of long term salary commitments in Hedo and Duhon, and in return giving them expiring contracts and young players. Brooks himself looks like he's going to be a very good player in the league, and thats from everybody in the league.

beliges
02-06-2012, 02:30 AM
I'm not really understanding what you're trying to get at here. What DMF is saying is, Nets are offering two first round picks in the 2012 draft, which by the way is arguably the best since 2003, probably their 2014 first, a stud rookie in MarShon Brooks, a young center in Brook Lopez, and expiring contracts. They are relieving the Magic of long term salary commitments in Hedo and Duhon, and in return giving them expiring contracts and young players. Brooks himself looks like he's going to be a very good player in the league, and thats from everybody in the league.

The exact thing Im saying is other teams have much more to offer the Magic than Marshon Brooks, Lopez and mid to low Draft picks. Again, I understand youre a Nets fan and you want to think Brooks and Lopez will be great players one day but everyone already knows these players are mediocre and they will not be enough to land the best Center in the league.

DoMeFavors
02-06-2012, 02:39 AM
The exact thing Im saying is other teams have much more to offer the Magic than Marshon Brooks, Lopez and mid to low Draft picks. Again, I understand youre a Nets fan and you want to think Brooks and Lopez will be great players one day but everyone already knows these players are mediocre and they will not be enough to land the best Center in the league.

There are only 3 teams according to the Orlando Magic GM that Dwight wants to play for. Dallas,Nets,Lakers the Nets have the best young assets to get the deal done with a bunch of picks, and nobody that covers sports thinks Lopez or Brooks are mediorce, I dont know how you came to the conclusion that they are but ok. And Andrew Bynum and Derek Fisher wont be enough to land Dwight either. The Nets can take back one or two of the stupid contracts Otis took on or signed in Glen Davis or Hedo.

beliges
02-06-2012, 02:47 AM
There are only 3 teams according to the Orlando Magic GM that Dwight wants to play for. Dallas,Nets,Lakers the Nets have the best young assets to get the deal done with a bunch of picks, and nobody that covers sports thinks Lopez or Brooks are mediorce, I dont know how you came to the conclusion that they are but ok. And Andrew Bynum and Derek Fisher wont be enough to land Dwight either. The Nets can take back one or two of the stupid contracts Otis took on or signed in Glen Davis or Hedo.
Brooks and Lopez are not all-star caliber players. Nobody outside of some Nets fans actually think they are or will be. And true, while Bynum and Fisher will not be enough to land Dwight, but Bynum is the best individual player offered in this deal and is a 22 yr old young All-star center. A package around Bynum seems like a much better possibility to landing Dwight over a package of Brooks and Lopez. Cmon man, Orlando is not gonna give up Dwight without getting a at least one great young player back in return.

DoMeFavors
02-06-2012, 02:58 AM
Brooks and Lopez are not all-star caliber players. Nobody outside of some Nets fans actually think they are or will be. And true, while Bynum and Fisher will not be enough to land Dwight, but Bynum is the best individual player offered in this deal and is a 22 yr old young All-star center. A package around Bynum seems like a much better possibility to landing Dwight over a package of Brooks and Lopez. Cmon man, Orlando is not gonna give up Dwight without getting a at least one great young player back in return.

Actually Brook Lopez and Marshon Brooks are all star caliber players they have the skills to, its about potential. We arent talking about Hasheem Thabeet here. Andrew Bynum by himself without Kobe and Pau by himself wouldnt do anything he would have to deal with double and triple teams something he isnt used to. Andrew Bynum is the starting center in the west because there are no good centers in the West at all.

mngopher35
02-06-2012, 03:23 AM
If I'm a rebuilding team I would rather have lopez, brooks, two picks and cap relief than andrew bynum.

Evolution23
02-06-2012, 05:31 AM
Nets ain't getting no body. They should sign Travis Outlaw for a max contract.

Rockice_8
02-06-2012, 09:41 AM

First of all Bynum is 24 going on 25 and has made his first all star team if I'm not mistaken. It only took him 7 seasons to do so while Lopez is only in his 4th. I'm fairly confident Lopez would have been an All Star this year finally playing with another all star in D-Will. All he had to do is get his rebounds back up to around his career average around 8 and you know he's gonna get you 20+ points (those are All Star numbers).

I think your selling Lopez way short here. You can argue Bynum is the better player between the two but I wouldn't say by all that much and adding a ROY canidate, and 3-4 first round picks seriously tips the balance towards the Nets.

ghettosean
02-06-2012, 10:05 AM
:eyebrow: do something Dwight and stop boring us with your if God wants me to play there I will play there crap just get this over with.

Post No Billz
02-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Howard to Chicago won't happen. Adidas won't let their 2 biggest names in the US sports play for the same team. How much money would Adidas lose if they signed in the same city? He's going to Brooklyn.

EnWhyKay
02-06-2012, 10:16 AM
The same people saying that the Knicks got robbed. Are the same people that said the Knicks did not have enough assets to land Melo.. Cut it out..

Lindystud36
02-06-2012, 10:54 AM
DO NOT TRADE FOR DWIGHT
Sign Him as A Free Agent
Trade Brook and Morrow for DMC
Sign Dwight
Draft Barnes

Chill_Will_24
02-06-2012, 11:22 AM
DO NOT TRADE FOR DWIGHT
Sign Him as A Free Agent
Trade Brook and Morrow for DMC
Sign Dwight
Draft Barnes

Who is DMC? Hope you dont mean that head-case in Sacramento..

Brook would be traded for whatever spot they dont fill in draft so a SF or a PF

I like Barnes but i like Micheal Gilchrist more

LongIslandIcedZ
02-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Like I did with the Melo deal last year. I will believe it when I see it. It seems like Howard is going to be a Net, but I will not believe anything until the trade deadline.