PDA

View Full Version : The Reserves are announced next week; will the stars make it?

NYSpirit1
02-03-2012, 12:04 AM
The reserves are announced next Thursday.

Teams like the Nets and Knicks are doing poorly, even the Celtics and Lakers are playing below par to usual.

Teams like the Sixers, Nuggets, Pacers and Jazz are doing really well, but they all have like 6, 7 guys playing at the exact same level.

Deron Williams is on a 7-15 team, averaging nearly 20 and 10. Even Amare, in a big down year, is averaging 18.4 and 8.1 on 44% shooting after tonight. Those stats kill anyone on those teams I just mentioned.

The Sixers have seven players between 10-15 points and the Nuggets have similar.

The only guy from those teams I can see making it is Gallinari, because I don't know how you can differentiate any of those players on the teams from another. Granger is averaging 18 but on 38% shooting.

Are players like Dirk (16 points a game this year), Amare, Deron, Gasol, Pierce, etc. - mainstays of the team for years, not going to make it at the expense of role players?

Thoughts?

bholly
02-03-2012, 12:23 AM

Teams like the Nets and Knicks are doing poorly, even the Celtics and Lakers are playing below par to usual.

Teams like the Sixers, Nuggets, Pacers and Jazz are doing really well, but they all have like 6, 7 guys playing at the exact same level.

Deron Williams is on a 7-15 team, averaging nearly 20 and 10. Even Amare, in a big down year, is averaging 18.4 and 8.1 on 44% shooting after tonight. Those stats kill anyone on those teams I just mentioned.

The Sixers have seven players between 10-15 points and the Nuggets have similar.

The only guy from those teams I can see making it is Gallinari, because I don't know how you can differentiate any of those players on the teams from another. Granger is averaging 18 but on 38% shooting.

Are players like Dirk (16 points a game this year), Amare, Deron, Gasol, Pierce, etc. - mainstays of the team for years, not going to make it at the expense of role players?

Thoughts?

Not quite. For Deron maybe, but not Amar'e. Al Jeff and Millsap both have better numbers, and once you take into account FG% and efficiency you'd probably take Hibbert and Gallo's numbers over Amare's too.
It won't make a difference, because they're in the West (except Hibbert), I'm just saying you're wrong about the bolded.

Bruno
02-03-2012, 01:02 AM
I expect several upsets and surprises.

I do not believe that Dirk, Amare, or Gasol have produced at all-star levels this season, and Duncan and KG are in their NBA golden years. 2012 will go down at the witnessing of the changing of the guard for our PF's.

shep33
02-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Gilbert Arenas

McPeak92
02-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Iguodala or i boycott the game

BH-Sports
02-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Mike James. He was a beast when he played but he had to leave to do another project.

BH-Sports
02-03-2012, 01:24 AM
Mike James. He was a beast when he played but he had to leave to do another project.

HouRealCoach
02-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Dirk, Pau, Amare, KG, Pierce, Allen better not make it

FutureGM
02-03-2012, 02:19 AM
I just really hope Iguodala gets the nod this year. That's all I really care about.

And I agree with others in the sense that Pau, KG, and Allen all should not make the cut.

mttwlsn16
02-03-2012, 02:23 AM
deandre jordan!!!!!!!!!!!!

kvrnm
02-03-2012, 02:28 AM
look at pierce's stats he should make it. statistically he has been great 18 ppg 5.5 rebounds per 5.5 assists per. shooting 43 percent from three, same from the field... he has been bostons best player, and the winning streak they been on has been because of his play to anyone thats been watchn boston lately

bholly
02-03-2012, 02:29 AM
Dirk, Pau, Amare, KG, Pierce, Allen better not make it

I think Pierce probably deserves it and will make it. KG and Allen probably won't (although Allen is having a crazy good shooting season). The others maybe shouldn't based on this years numbers or play, but it wouldn't surprise me to see any (or all) of them get in anyway.

gbrl
02-03-2012, 02:32 AM

Thoughts?

amare 18 and 8 on 43 % shooting
hibbert 14 and 10 on 52 % shooting

as bholly said thats not exactly killing it, not to mention hibbert plays defense and his team is winning

kvrnm
02-03-2012, 02:33 AM
i was watchn the guys on tnt before the game and not one of them except shaq and ej had a celtic on there reserve picks.,, and they both had rondo, which leads me to believe they havent watched any of the celtics last 8-10 games

bholly
02-03-2012, 02:41 AM
I think in the East will probably be something like:
G D Will, Rondo
F Bosh, Pierce
C Bargnani, Noah, or Hibbert (could be any of them, with Horford and Bogut injured)
Wildcard: any of Bargnani, Noah, Hibbert, J Smith, Iggy, Amar'e, with Deng, KG, Allen also having chances.

In the West:
G Westbrook, Nash
F Love, Aldridge
C Pau (or Marc?)
Wildcard: Dirk, Marc, Nene, maybe Gallo

I feel like only D Will, Bosh, Westbrook, Love, Aldridge are locks, though. Crazy year.

Il Mago50
02-03-2012, 02:45 AM
I'm gonna say it'll be something along these lines for reserves:

East: Bosh, Pierce, Rondo, Bargnani, Josh Smith

West: Marc, Westbrook, Love, Aldridge, Nash

JLynn943
02-03-2012, 02:45 AM
I'd love if Kevin Martin got in as a reserve, but it probably won't happen as he's not a big enough name. He's been tearing it up the past couple of weeks though.

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 03:03 AM
If Roy Hibbert doesn't make the East team I am not gonna watch...

Sadds The Gr8
02-03-2012, 03:05 AM
If Stoudemire makes the team then this thing is a ****in fraud.

abe_froman
02-03-2012, 03:46 AM
I think in the East will probably be something like:
G D Will, Rondo
F Bosh, Pierce
C Bargnani, Noah, or Hibbert (could be any of them, with Horford and Bogut injured)
Wildcard: any of Bargnani, Noah, Hibbert, J Smith, Iggy, Amar'e, with Deng, KG, Allen also having chances.

In the West:
G Westbrook, Nash
F Love, Aldridge
C Pau (or Marc?)
Wildcard: Dirk, Marc, Nene, maybe Gallo

I feel like only D Will, Bosh, Westbrook, Love, Aldridge are locks, though. Crazy year.

doubtful on deron,it'll be joe johnson and ducan will probably be reserve c in the west

avsman05
02-03-2012, 04:21 AM
What about k love? He definitely deserves a spot.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-03-2012, 04:38 AM
look at pierce's stats he should make it. statistically he has been great 18 ppg 5.5 rebounds per 5.5 assists per. shooting 43 percent from three, same from the field... he has been bostons best player, and the winning streak they been on has been because of his play to anyone thats been watchn boston lately

He was fat, injured and out of shape in and out of the lineup through training camp, preseason and the first 15 games of the season. He can't make the all star team just due to his play in his last 5 games.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-03-2012, 04:44 AM
These are the locks in the west: Love, Westbrook, Aldridge, Gay. Locks in the East: Bosh, Hibbert, J-Smoove, Joe J, and Iggy. 3 spots remaining in each west and 2 in east. I dont think any Celtic deserves it to be honest because of their sub-500 record and they've been in and out of the lineup. Nash and Dirk have sat out too many games.

alencp3
02-03-2012, 05:14 AM
James harden

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-03-2012, 05:20 AM
James harden

I don't know, he's not even a starter on his own team. I think there's many more guys in the west putting up bigger numbers in more minutes played.

Lakerfrk
02-03-2012, 05:35 AM
I got...

WEST:
G: Russell Westbrook, Monta Ellis (I think FINALLY)
F: Kevin Love, LeMarcus Aldridge
C: Paul Gasol
WC: Paul Milsap, Tony Parker

EAST
G: Rajon Rondo, Deron Williams
F: Josh Smith, Chris Bosh
C: Joakim Noah
WC: Andre Iguodala, Danny Granger

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-03-2012, 05:40 AM
I got...

WEST:
G: Russell Westbrook, Monta Ellis (I think FINALLY)
F: Kevin Love, LeMarcus Aldridge
C: Paul Gasol
WC: Paul Milsap, Tony Parker

EAST
G: Rajon Rondo, Deron Williams
F: Josh Smith, Chris Bosh
C: Joakim Noah
WC: Andre Iguodala, Danny Granger

Rondo has missed the last 8 regular season games. That is HUGE in this already shortened season.

Pau (not Paul ;)) has been inconsistent all year. IMO, he needs to have 3 consecutive showings of 25+ pts and 10+ rebs in these next 3 laker road games against the Nuggets, Jazz and Sixers, and has to lead the lakers to victories in all 3 road games to be even considered as an all-star this year.

I don't know who's had a more consistent season for INDY, Granger or Hibbert?

Joakim Noah has not been better than Hibbert. Noah hasn't started playing well until about 3 games ago.

Deron Williams isn't even putting up mind-boggling numbers as being basically the only scoring option on New Jersey, who has a putrid record.

All you other picks I'm cool with.

mdm692
02-03-2012, 05:55 AM
Gortat and nash better make it. Team sucks but they are beasting.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-03-2012, 06:04 AM

Nash putting up great stats leading league in assists, but he's already missed a few games in this shortened season and the Suns record isn't all that great. Suns were a better team last year and he led the league in assists per game, but still didn't make all star team. So why should this year be any difference with a worse record?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-03-2012, 06:32 AM

hell no

time4change
02-03-2012, 08:51 AM
I didn't really think there would be any love for him, but I think Brandon Jennings deserves a mention. 3rd highest scoring pg in the league. Decent assists with 1.5 steals a game. Plus he grabs a few rebounds.

Kid has been beastin for Milwaukee.

theheatles
02-03-2012, 08:56 AM

yeah but their slow start was because of pierce showing up out of shape

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Jennings should be in instead of Deron. Bucks are playoff bound.

willabeast77
02-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Jennings should be in instead of Deron. Bucks are playoff bound.

What about Kyrie Irving, a lot of people are sleeping on him. 18/5 on 51% in only 29 mins is pretty impressive for a 19 yr old rookie. Not saying he'll make it but he deserves some consideration (more so than Deron Williams).

The Guards will most likely be: Rondo, Johnson and probably Jennings. For Deron to make it I think he'd need to go on a tear in these next 3-4 games and the Nets need to win them all or at least 3/4 or 2/3.

Avenged
02-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Nash should make it.

Dirk shouldn't. Pau shouldn't either.

I hope Marc Gasol lands a spot.

John Walls Era
02-03-2012, 11:54 AM
76ers have a good record. I think Iggy deserves a spot. The only Pacer thats worthy is Roy Hibbert, Granger's stats aren't as good as previous years.

mdm692
02-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Nash putting up great stats leading league in assists, but he's already missed a few games in this shortened season and the Suns record isn't all that great. Suns were a better team last year and he led the league in assists per game, but still didn't make all star team. So why should this year be any difference with a worse record?

his fg% is on pace to be over 55% which hasnt been done by any guards in a while. And even with his injuries he is still the most efficient pg in the league. Plus they let duncan get in it when he clearly didnt deserve it. Gortat is averaging a double double all season as well as leading the league in fg% plus the lack of C in the west can only help. They should at least deserve some consideration.

PacersForLife
02-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Rondo has missed the last 8 regular season games. That is HUGE in this already shortened season.

Pau (not Paul ;)) has been inconsistent all year. IMO, he needs to have 3 consecutive showings of 25+ pts and 10+ rebs in these next 3 laker road games against the Nuggets, Jazz and Sixers, and has to lead the lakers to victories in all 3 road games to be even considered as an all-star this year.

I don't know who's had a more consistent season for INDY, Granger or Hibbert?

Joakim Noah has not been better than Hibbert. Noah hasn't started playing well until about 3 games ago.

Deron Williams isn't even putting up mind-boggling numbers as being basically the only scoring option on New Jersey, who has a putrid record.

All you other picks I'm cool with.

Danny has been on fire lately, but Roy Hibbert has been consistent all year and is the best center in the East right now not named Dwight Howard.

JasonJohnHorn
02-03-2012, 12:33 PM
I like seeing some of the vets playing, but as much as I love guys like KG and Duncan, there are players playing better than them who deserve the recognition. So I'm hoping to see some new blood in the ASG this year.

Odominator
02-03-2012, 12:39 PM
I hope Deandre Jordan lands a spot. I don't think Blake is deserving to start over Kevin Love though.

CubbieBlueprint
02-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Luol Deng should be invited to the gang bang. He deserves it after years of snubs.

Baller1
02-03-2012, 12:40 PM
If Harden doesn't make it, multiple mothers will be raped.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-03-2012, 12:41 PM
What about Kyrie Irving, a lot of people are sleeping on him. 18/5 on 51% in only 29 mins is pretty impressive for a 19 yr old rookie. Not saying he'll make it but he deserves some consideration (more so than Deron Williams).

The Guards will most likely be: Rondo, Johnson and probably Jennings. For Deron to make it I think he'd need to go on a tear in these next 3-4 games and the Nets need to win them all or at least 3/4 or 2/3.Bucks have a better record then the Cavs. But I understand what ya mean. Irving is playing extremely well.

Rockice_8
02-03-2012, 12:59 PM

The Guards will most likely be: Rondo, Johnson and probably Jennings. For Deron to make it I think he'd need to go on a tear in these next 3-4 games and the Nets need to win them all or at least 3/4 or 2/3.

The thing is he is on a tear. 20+ ppg and 8+ apg on 52% shooting and 40% from deep his last 5 games or so, plus he has the name which helps.

It's gonna be tough for the coaches this year a lot of competition with the short season.

Rondo has the numbers but he's been hurt and only played 13 games so far. I think that has to hurt him.

willabeast77
02-03-2012, 02:13 PM
The thing is he is on a tear. 20+ ppg and 8+ apg on 52% shooting and 40% from deep his last 5 games or so, plus he has the name which helps.

It's gonna be tough for the coaches this year a lot of competition with the short season.

Rondo has the numbers but he's been hurt and only played 13 games so far. I think that has to hurt him.

You're right about Deron, he's been good the last few games and the Nets are 3-2 in the last 5. If he continues playing well and possibly better and if they win most of their next few games, he has a chance at making it. But the same could be said for Jennings.

Rondo hasn't played as many games but I still think he will make it. The coaches seem to love him and the Celtics having a better record than NJ will most likely will get him in over Deron Williams. Rondo's also likely to return soon so that'd help him.

jkiddvc20
02-03-2012, 02:34 PM
People saying Deron should not make it are crazy... 21 PPG and 9 assists on a team with its second best player being out for the whole year...How is 21 and 9 not all star worthy numbers?

beardown4243
02-03-2012, 02:49 PM
People saying Deron should not make it are crazy... 21 PPG and 9 assists on a team with its second best player being out for the whole year...How is 21 and 9 not all star worthy numbers?

He isn't helping his team win games, he's shooting 41% from the field, and he's turning the ball over 4.5 times a game. That being said I think his name will get him in.

Rego247
02-03-2012, 03:11 PM
If nash doesn't get in i'm gonna be ****ing pissed.

jkiddvc20
02-03-2012, 07:10 PM
He isn't helping his team win games, he's shooting 41% from the field, and he's turning the ball over 4.5 times a game. That being said I think his name will get him in.

No man he is most certainly helping his team win games...I have not missed a Nets game this year without Deron I say they have about two wins MAX so far this season. In order for the Nets to win he has to score at least 25 he is keeping the Nets relevant.

smith&wesson
02-03-2012, 07:27 PM
I think iggy will make it this year.

VCaintdead17
02-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Has to be Hibbert for the East

baer35
02-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Gotta give Kyrie Irving a spot he is keeping the cavs at .500 and averaging 18 on 50 percent from the field 40 from three and 80 from the line dude is legit