PDA

View Full Version : Sixers, Knicks, or Celtics?

bringbackfredex
02-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Who has the best overall team in the Atlantic? Discuss.

xxplayerxx23
02-02-2012, 07:41 PM
right now its the sixers, they have been playing good, Talent wise its NY or boston, Boston is old but still have it, Knicks have two stars with a dumb coach and no pg. I think NY Fears the Heat more then the other too IMO because of the matchup maybe its because I love my team and never give up on them, but I still consider them to be a good team by the end of this season

knicks=love
02-02-2012, 07:44 PM
best coach is in boston.
best all-around team is philly
best talent is new york

i can't really judge right now. boston obviously is good, philly is fresh with young legs who are playing well, and the knicks have the talent but are just in the wrong system under an idiotic coach (and the knicks fan comes out of me :D)

bringbackfredex
02-02-2012, 07:46 PM
right now its the sixers, they have been playing good, Talent wise its NY or boston, Boston is old but still have it, Knicks have two stars with a dumb coach and no pg. I think NY Fears the Heat more then the other too IMO because of the matchup maybe its because I love my team and never give up on them, but I still consider them to be a good team by the end of this season

I don't know though, how can you say talent wise it's NY or Boston when neither has shown much of it this year. The Knicks have a team that isn't meshing, and the Celtics have taken quite a few steps back and have publicly put their entire team on the trade block.

Sixers have one of the deepest teams in basketball, maybe the deepest, and play amazing defense. Lack of a true go-to guy could hurt them, but they forced the Bulls into a ton of mistakes last night and looked like a true contender.

bringbackfredex
02-02-2012, 07:48 PM
best coach is in boston.
best talent is new york

i can't really judge right now. boston obviously is good, philly is fresh with young legs who are playing well, and the knicks have the talent but are just in the wrong system under an idiotic coach (and the knicks fan comes out of me :D)

Not sure about the best coach, Collins is pretty damn good. I did however like how you worded your last two answers though. The Sixers have the best all-around team, but don't have the star power of Carmelo and Amare.

The question is though, does having star power that doesn't mesh equal the best talent?

xxplayerxx23
02-02-2012, 07:50 PM
I don't know though, how can you say talent wise it's NY or Boston when neither has shown much of it this year. The Knicks have a team that isn't meshing, and the Celtics have taken quite a few steps back and have publicly put their entire team on the trade block.

Sixers have one of the deepest teams in basketball, maybe the deepest, and play amazing defense. Lack of a true go-to guy could hurt them, but they forced the Bulls into a ton of mistakes last night and looked like a true contender.

This is just the way i feel, Dont get me wrong its not a shot at philly they have good talent but I think Ny With the two stars and a couple young talented players and bostons big 3 with rondo and bass off the bench is amore talent on paper, I like the sixers but I think there still missing that piece to win it all. They played well agaisnt chiago no doubt i just dont see them as being contenders :confused:

DeathB4Dishonor
02-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Knicks look horrible, their chemistry is basically non existent and their depth is pathetic, let alone their coach is mentally retarted when it comes to defensive schemes, they have arguably 2 of the most talented players in this division tho

Celtics are looking better they were pretty god awful in the begining of the year, I have a feeling that the age is going to catch up with them eventually, great coach in Doc and they probably have the highest team IQ

76ers have looked great playing team basketball, they are a relatively deep team as well, I think I read something the other day that 6 players are in double digit scoring figures and their leading scorer is coming off the bench? I love me some team basketball, best team as of now is the sixers in my opinion

justinnum1
02-02-2012, 07:52 PM
sixers easily

knicks=love
02-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Not sure about the best coach, Collins is pretty damn good. I did however like how you worded your last two answers though. The Sixers have the best all-around team, but don't have the star power of Carmelo and Amare.

The question is though, does having star power that doesn't mesh equal the best talent?

doc rivers is definitely one of the best coaches in NBA history, i'd put him in my top 10 easily. collins still has a lot to prove, but he's doing well for turning that team around. as far as the sixers, i think you need at least one star to go deep into the playoffs. the problem with NY is that we're stuck under d'antoni who doesn't preach defense at all. his philosophy is score more than the opponent, and it won't work with the players we have. what do we do: trade the players or fire the coach? you fire the coach.

bringbackfredex
02-02-2012, 07:53 PM
This is just the way i feel, Dont get me wrong its not a shot at philly they have good talent but I think Ny With the two stars and a couple young talented players and bostons big 3 with rondo and bass off the bench is amore talent on paper, I like the sixers but I think there still missing that piece to win it all. They played well agaisnt chiago no doubt i just dont see them as being contenders :confused:

Well, I think they showed last night that they are, especially since the Sixers have beat the Bulls 3 times in a row now dating back to last year.

The Heat are pretty much the only reason that I don't think we have much of a shot in the East. Hopefully someone takes them out before we get them, because if that happens anything is possible. However, we'll see how we play them tomorrow night.

JEDean89
02-02-2012, 07:56 PM
You need 8-9 pieces to have a solid team and the sixers are the only team that has a good player at each position. Them and the nuggets are two teams that have every position you could possibly want filled. The Celtics are lacking a starting Center and backup guard and wing play, the Knicks are missing (sigh) A starting PG, a backup PG a scorer off the bench and a good backup big. That is why they are currently sucking, because you can't win with that many glaring holes. Teams will take advantage of your weakness at any position and when Dantoni throws in lineups of (sigh) Bibby, Shumpert, Lin, Jeffries and Chandler it's not to difficult to see that why we are losing.

xxplayerxx23
02-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Well, I think they showed last night that they are, especially since the Sixers have beat the Bulls 3 times in a row now dating back to last year.

The Heat are pretty much the only reason that I don't think we have much of a shot in the East. Hopefully someone takes them out before we get them, because if that happens anything is possible. However, we'll see how we play them tomorrow night.

We will take care of the heat LMAO, One game doesnt tell the story we blew you guys out, and still have a bad record, IMO its too ealry to call anybody but the heat and bulls contenders, By Mid march we should know more

pd7631
02-02-2012, 07:58 PM
doc rivers is definitely one of the best coaches in NBA history, i'd put him in my top 10 easily. collins still has a lot to prove, but he's doing well for turning that team around. as far as the sixers, i think you need at least one star to go deep into the playoffs. the problem with NY is that we're stuck under d'antoni who doesn't preach defense at all. his philosophy is score more than the opponent, and it won't work with the players we have. what do we do: trade the players or fire the coach? you fire the coach.

Really? How good was he before KG and Ray Allen saved his job? One of the best in NBA history, that's laughable.

There's probably at least 4 coaches in the NBA right now that are better than him, and you have him in the top 10 all time?

smith&wesson
02-02-2012, 07:58 PM
my poor raptors. they wouldnt win this if they were in a d league division.

dtmagnet
02-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Its the Sixers, goes to show star power is overrated.

Slimsim
02-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Its the Sixers, goes to show star power is overrated.

If philly wins a chip i will agree

2-ONE-5
02-02-2012, 08:26 PM
The Sixers are above and beyond the best team in the division right now, its not even close. I would be stunned if they dont win the division. You dont need a "star player" when your defense is good enough to shut down other "star players". The Atlantic is prob only gonna have 2 teams in the playoffs...

bringbackfredex
02-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Really? How good was he before KG and Ray Allen saved his job? One of the best in NBA history, that's laughable.

There's probably at least 4 coaches in the NBA right now that are better than him, and you have him in the top 10 all time?

I agree with this, I was thinking the exact same thing but I just didn't want to turn this into a fight over coaches. Rivers has benefited a lot from the big 3, and there was a lot of talk before they got them that he was on his way out.

Collins and Rivers is a toss up IMO, Collins has no star power and turned the Sixers from terrible into an elite defense. When Larry Brown left and the Sixers couldn't find a coach, I barely ever watched NBA basketball. The defense in those years might have been the worst thing I've ever seen, and that's actually an understatement. Rivers showed us that when he had nothing to work with he wasn't that great, so I don't think he's even close to a top 10 coach of all time, or even that much better than Doug Collins for that matter.

jammastershake
02-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Did the Nets and Raptors really have to be added to the poll? Or the Knicks for that matter. Or the Celtics?

smith&wesson
02-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Did the Nets and Raptors really have to be added to the poll? Or the Knicks for that matter. Or the Celtics?

this.

Cal827
02-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Clearly the Raptors.

Corey
02-02-2012, 09:42 PM
6ers without question.

bringbackfredex
02-02-2012, 09:45 PM

Had to at least be fair, and hey, the Raptors got 4 votes which is 1 less than the Celtics and 2 less than the Knicks :D

Cal827
02-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Had to at least be fair, and hey, the Raptors got 4 votes which is 1 less than the Celtics and 2 less than the Knicks :D

People are still holding out that the Raptors will come back and win the NBA title. Based on that summer thread, about 50% of PSD thought they would win it all so... :D

Honestly though, this is the sixers division. They have the best balance.

pacersfan1967
02-02-2012, 09:50 PM
phily has an easy schedule...14 of there 20 games are at home.....while the indiana pacers have played 13 of there 20 on the road.....I'll say wait tell the end of the year look at there schedule when there on the road...

Knowledge
02-02-2012, 09:54 PM
We will take care of the heat LMAO, One game doesnt tell the story we blew you guys out, and still have a bad record, IMO its too ealry to call anybody but the heat and bulls contenders, By Mid march we should know more

It was our 5th game in 6 days (we went 4-1) and the 3rd of a back to back to back. You beat us, no doubt, but I like our chances against most teams under fairly normal circumstances. I think our game against you guys was mostly fatigue as we got down early, fought back, and then couldn't find the energy to keep it up. We shall see though the next time the 2 teams play.

pd7631
02-02-2012, 09:55 PM
phily has an easy schedule...14 of there 20 games are at home.....while the indiana pacers have played 13 of there 20 on the road.....I'll say wait tell the end of the year look at there schedule when there on the road...

ATLANTIC division

shep33
02-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Skneltics

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Sixers.

UPRock
02-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Sixas!!!

Hawkamania
02-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Pains me to say it as a Knicks fan, but it's definitely the Sixers.

uprightciti
02-02-2012, 11:20 PM
knicks are making a come back

ttam68
02-02-2012, 11:33 PM
The knicks would be lucky to make the playoffs, don't talk bs about how they'll magically be better when they get there

Federal Reserve
02-02-2012, 11:42 PM
The Knicks will be the best team when they trade the cancer Melo for Williams.

KmB728
02-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Sixers....everyday of the week and twice on sunday.

Sixerlover
02-02-2012, 11:59 PM
definitely twice on sunday

xxplayerxx23
02-03-2012, 12:01 AM
sixers as of right now, Knicks in April :D and no only once on sunday Be fair guys :P

sixer04fan
02-03-2012, 12:09 AM

:clap:

Mrphilly
02-03-2012, 12:46 AM

Whats up with Pacers fans these days, You guys are becoming annoying. What does the Pacers have to do with the Atlantic Division???

Yes the Sixers has had an easy schedule to this point. All they can do is blow the teams out that are on that schedule, and that is what they have been doing.

Sixers is the clear cut answer to this question.

Gram
02-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Sixers. Would have been the Knicks had they kept Chauncey.

THE MTL
02-03-2012, 12:50 AM
best coach is in boston.
best talent is new york

I agree.

I also like how the thread said "OVERALL" team just to stick it to the Knicks

pd7631
02-03-2012, 12:53 AM
I agree.

Actually, I think the Sixers 8 game lead on the Knicks is what sticks it to them

bringbackfredex
02-03-2012, 01:36 AM
I agree.

Whats the difference between best team and best overall team? The Sixers have a better team no matter how you look at it, both phrases are the exact same thing.

Evolution23
02-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Sixers are a cute team in the regular season but come April I want a real team to compete in the playoffs so I'll go with the Knicks.

bringbackfredex
02-03-2012, 05:20 AM
Sixers are a cute team in the regular season but come April I want a real team to compete in the playoffs so I'll go with the Knicks.

You call an 8-14 team a "real team"? I also didn't know that Carmelo shooting the ball 100 times a game qualified as a team.

The reality is that the Sixers have almost 8 guys averaging 10 points a game, and are one of the deepest and best defensive teams in basketball. The "cute team" is most likely going to be a 2 or 3 seed, while the "real team" has a decent chance of sitting on the couch watching them for having such a bad regular season.

Reptar
02-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Sixers. Shut it down!!!!! Let's go home!!!!!!

pacersfan1967
02-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Whats up with Pacers fans these days, You guys are becoming annoying. What does the Pacers have to do with the Atlantic Division???

Yes the Sixers has had an easy schedule to this point. All they can do is blow the teams out that are on that schedule, and that is what they have been doing.

Sixers is the clear cut answer to this question. That the same thing I said about the sixers annoying....

Evolution23
02-03-2012, 07:24 PM
You call an 8-14 team a "real team"? I also didn't know that Carmelo shooting the ball 100 times a game qualified as a team.

The reality is that the Sixers have almost 8 guys averaging 10 points a game, and are one of the deepest and best defensive teams in basketball. The "cute team" is most likely going to be a 2 or 3 seed, while the "real team" has a decent chance of sitting on the couch watching them for having such a bad regular season.

Sixers are a cute regular season team. Knicks will be better when its all said and done.

Reptar
02-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Lolol knicks are a cute lottery team. Hahaaha. You losers.