PDA

View Full Version : Allen iverson

thapastime7
02-02-2012, 04:51 PM
interesting article on how allen iverson doesnt get the proper respect that he deserve as a ball player. I completely agree he was my favorite player in the late 90s early 2000 and i think his personal life got in the way of his career and slowy declined. he was one of the greatest scorers the league has seen yet people always talk about his character and that he was a volume shooter that hogged the ball. When we all know he never had that supporting cast. When he was averaging 30ppg he was averaging 8 assist with that garbage of a team. Even Lebron supporting cast was better when he was in cleveland. I truly wish he could come back and reinvent his game as a 2nd unit scorer. I just want to see the AI haters come out and justify why he isnt compared to jordan kobe wilt and the other great scorers. I think because he had braids lmao :facepalm:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/network/network-article.aspx?articleid=624273

mttwlsn16
02-02-2012, 04:57 PM
miss you AI :cry:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-02-2012, 05:00 PM
he's done

nickdymez
02-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Here we go again.......

Reptar
02-02-2012, 05:05 PM
By far the coolest player in NBA history

DeathB4Dishonor
02-02-2012, 05:06 PM
If Iverson could get back in to shape and accept a bench role I am sure almost every contender would at the very least look in to him, he is tied for my favorite player of all time with KG .. I just wish he wasn't so selfish/arrogant the last few years

3RDASYSTEM
02-02-2012, 05:35 PM
All they doing is taking my content on here and using common basketball sense that if a guy comes in and avg basically 24ppg and 8apg as a rookie(ROSE last season MVP #'s pretty much) and get kicked out after 12yrs(final full season) but avg 26.4ppg and same number of assists basically at 7per game and play the same style(he lost a half step but was still fast) how can he not be mentioned if all he was missing were rings and he never had a SHAQ/MOURNING/KG/DUNCAN/PIERCE to lean on he had HUGHES/GIEGER/MCCOULLOUGH/IGGY/KORVER...his best compliment big ever was Theo Ratliff,not MUTOMBO because one was slow and the other was athletic/run the floor like a gazelle

Thats why i said 'individual' player and people get confused with 'team/org' accomplishments,the only players i can think of who came in and did what he did as individual were like JORDAN/LEBRON/SHAQ/BIRD/ISAIAH/BARKLEY...im sure its a few more but they didnt do it for 12strait yrs and 10 1/2 of doing it solo dolo,they all had go getters/HOF type teammates

But i agree wit KOBE24 hes done, he even said it in his interview with STEPHEN A..go check it out, he said it in his own words...the source(AI)

Also despite all those scoring titles that he won because he sacrificed his game to help his team..he was a 5'10 PointGuard who converted to playing ShootingGuard..giving up around 7-8inches making it even more unique on how icecold he was, so go tell ROSE/NASH/STOCKTON/PAUL/D.WILL/WESTBROOK/JRUE/ that if they had to run baseline to baseline and shoot 30x just to keep they team in the game how efficient and effective will they be playing with C/D/F talent level for 10yrs? PAUL body broke down in 4yrs in NO before he got shipped out so go figure

Now i understand why Stern didnt want him to team up with a TMAC/PIERCE or NOWITZKI combo when they were there at #2 and #8 overall picks(with AI to build around) and went with a VAN HORN/HUGHES combo because he would have ran PG but also could play off ball and let TMAC run the show and they would have been dynamite dynamic and since the East was so weak and AI took that Ysquad imagine what he would have done with 2 fellow AllStar players for a decade with that LB Def scheme? scary in that weak *** East and Stern knew it..

utl768
02-02-2012, 05:36 PM
he screwed his career but whining and complaining too much and now he is blackballed out of the league

Bravo95
02-02-2012, 05:41 PM
He wasn't my favorite player but always had my respect. Took the hits and kept going.

Looking forward to his HOF speech in a few years.

knicks=love
02-02-2012, 05:47 PM
He wasn't my favorite player but always had my respect. Took the hits and kept going.

Looking forward to his HOF speech in a few years.

over/under 5 times the word "practice" is in it. :p

NYKnicks4511
02-02-2012, 05:53 PM
A.I. was my hero man... back when I was 8 years old he was setting the league on fire.

Wish he would come back and get that ring, but it looks very unlikely.

smith&wesson
02-02-2012, 05:54 PM
AI was a very fun player to watch.

later in his career though he should have accepted a role on a team and it seemed like he was unable to do that. and thats the result of him having a poor ending to an other wise great career.

also david stern hated him.

Hustlenomics
02-02-2012, 05:59 PM
he was a great player but he should stay retired he did everything except win a ring and the media is just going to make his life miserable again

nickdymez
02-02-2012, 06:03 PM
A.I. was my hero man... back when I was 8 years old he was setting the league on fire.

Wish he would come back and get that ring, but it looks very unlikely.

Well dont read any posts on this forum regarding him. People here will call him a "Chucker" and tell you that his advanced stats meant that he wasn't a very good player.

Corey
02-02-2012, 06:03 PM
he was a great player but he should stay retired he did everything except win a ring and the media is just going to make his life miserable again

You've changed your tune quite quickly.

You were going on and on for about a month about how the Celtics need to sign Iverson right before the season started.

Rockice_8
02-02-2012, 06:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

One of the great clips out there.

Fearless for his size and one of the best pure scorers to ever lace them up.

Hustlenomics
02-02-2012, 06:06 PM
You've changed your tune quite quickly.

You were going on and on for about a month about how the Celtics need to sign Iverson right before the season started.

no I said he can still play in this league, but I don't want him to unless he's on a contender it's pointless

Bravo95
02-02-2012, 06:30 PM
over/under 5 times the word "practice" is in it.
Doubt it, but he'll probably break down. Expecting him to get as personal as we've seen on that stage.

Rentzias
02-02-2012, 07:45 PM
I don't get these threads. No one questions the majority of AI's career, the guy could ball. Any "insert name here doesn't get enough credit/props" arguments are fruitless. Is anyone UNDERRATING Iverson significantly? I don't think so. I mean what is "enough credit" really?

JEDean89
02-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Love his game, hate his attitude

Alayla
02-02-2012, 08:10 PM
If Iverson could get back in to shape and accept a bench role I am sure almost every contender would at the very least look in to him, he is tied for my favorite player of all time with KG .. I just wish he wasn't so selfish/arrogant the last few years

THats the thing he was reportly working out harder then he ever has to get in shape during the lockout and wanted to play any role for any team and hasnt got a look i just dont get it

sventhedog
02-02-2012, 11:36 PM
he should've used a little IQ when he still had the opportunity.

as rod tidwell said, "i'm all heart"

iverson is the same. he just didn't have jerry maguire.

Lidz
02-02-2012, 11:57 PM
He was also my favorite player. By far my favorite player. But, that's when happens I guess.

meloman1592
02-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Favorite player of all time, **** the haters

blystr2002
02-03-2012, 12:39 AM
He is probably top 3 little guys all time. You could argue the best ever. He was also tough as hell, but he had a horrible me 1st attitude. I don't think it would even have been possible to bring a 2nd star in there to help that team win. Allen wouldn't defer or get a 2nd guy involved whether another guard or a big man. He might have had a lot of assist to random guys but that isn't the same as giving shine to another star. He was very selfish and lived a reckless off the court lifestyle instead of devoting himself to the game.

Gram
02-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Hey guys.

COOLbeans
02-03-2012, 04:37 AM
I don't get these threads. No one questions the majority of AI's career, the guy could ball. Any "insert name here doesn't get enough credit/props" arguments are fruitless. Is anyone UNDERRATING Iverson significantly? I don't think so. I mean what is "enough credit" really?

The NBA is rigged

thapastime7
02-03-2012, 12:41 PM
iverson isnt a ballhog people he averaged 8 assist per game in a defensive minded sixers with no offense but his own driving down the lane AI KICKS TO AARON ****ing mckie, george lynch eric ******** jumper snow. everyone loves bashing AI they man can do it all with an offense frontcourt like the knicks i am sure he would find better shots for them and distrubute better then TD or shump. He was like derrick Rose is now but no one talks about Rose being a ball hog as a point guard. i followed AI career and once he got with Melo in denver he became a pass first as his scorring dipped to the teens. The guy has heart and i am sure being out of the nba for a year and half and being broke him being offered a bench role he will take it.

a 2nd unit of
td or AI at pg
AI or td at SG
fields at SF his natural position
harrelson
jeffries

i am sure you will get alot more bench points due to how spread out the offense will get.

davis/ if comes back healthy if not AI is better ball handler then td
shumpert/ natural 2guard
melo
STAT
chandler

a 2nd unit of
td or AI at pg
AI or td at SG
harrelson
jeffries

llemon
02-03-2012, 12:46 PM
iverson isnt a ballhog people he averaged 8 assist per game in a defensive minded sixers with no offense but his own driving down the lane AI KICKS TO AARON ****ing mckie, george lynch eric ******** jumper snow. everyone loves bashing AI they man can do it all with an offense frontcourt like the knicks i am sure he would find better shots for them and distrubute better then TD or shump. He was like derrick Rose is now but no one talks about Rose being a ball hog as a point guard. i followed AI career and once he got with Melo in denver he became a pass first as his scorring dipped to the teens. The guy has heart and i am sure being out of the nba for a year and half and being broke him being offered a bench role he will take it.

a 2nd unit of
td or AI at pg
AI or td at SG
harrelson
jeffries

i am sure you will get alot more bench points due to how spread out the offense will get.

davis/ if comes back healthy if not AI is better ball handler then td
shumpert/ natural 2guard
melo
STAT
chandler

a 2nd unit of
td or AI at pg
AI or td at SG
harrelson
jeffries

It would be SO SWEET if Knicks signed Iverson.

FrenchSunsFan
02-03-2012, 01:09 PM
I always like " the answer" but now he s really lost for the basketball , I saw him played in europa and you can believe me he s dead .

todu82
02-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Always liked Iverson. He always seemed to carry those 76er teams on his back. Shame he never got a ring.