PDA

View Full Version : Pacers, Hornets Talking Kaman

mttwlsn16
02-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Report: Pacers, Hornets talking Chris Kaman A league source indicated that the Pacers "could, in fact, be the leading candidate" for Chris Kaman.
This disputes a Sports Illustrated report that the Rockets had taken the lead on Wednesday, and the Pacers are in the market for a backup to Roy Hibbert. Indiana makes a lot of sense for Kaman as his contract is set to expire at the end of the season, but it's clear that no deal is imminent and there are still a number of teams involved in the discussion.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nba/932/chris-kaman

GoPacers33
02-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Please let this happen:pray:

mttwlsn16
02-02-2012, 12:56 PM
If caveman can stay healthy he be a real nice pick up for indi

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-02-2012, 12:57 PM
What are the Pacers rumored to be offering for Kaman?

KmB728
02-02-2012, 01:01 PM
It would be nice, pending what the Pacers have to give up

sixer04fan
02-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Hibbert, West, Kaman, Hansbrough, Foster is damned good front court depth. Although let's see if they are giving anyone up from that in return...

Gritz
02-02-2012, 01:19 PM
In all honesty, how good is Kaman now, I haven't really seen him play since his all star season

Sixerlover
02-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Depending on what they give up, talk about depth. That would be an incredible pickup to back up Hibbert

mttwlsn16
02-02-2012, 01:41 PM
In all honesty, how good is Kaman now, I haven't really seen him play since his all star season

if healthy, he is still a starting caliber C. and being that he would back up Hibbert that would be a real nice addition to the team.

as far as what Indi would give up, idk, i just posted what i read

mttwlsn16
02-02-2012, 01:43 PM
this the only other thing ive seen on the deal:

The Hornets are not obligated to take back any salary in a trade for Kaman, according to sources, and a team acquiring him would only have to part with $9.3 million in player salaries according to league rules, not $14 million. A league source said Wednesday night that the Indiana Pacers, one of several other teams reportedly in the mix for Kaman, could, in fact, be the leading candidate for a swap. The Pacers apparently are looking for a backup to Roy Hibbert. New Orleans Times-Picayune

Martin Frank: By the way, league source confirms that #Sixers are not interested in Hornets center Chris Kaman. First reported by http://si.com. Twitter

from hoopshype

Monta is beast
02-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Paul George and a filler?

iggypop123
02-02-2012, 02:27 PM
to Mae the salaries work they would have to throw in one of their guard's. Or offer a pick. Don't see them eager to send a first rounder . Hanbrough would definitely be in the deal

Ebbs
02-02-2012, 02:33 PM

PSD would be furious.

I heard Granger for Ellis the other day

adidas2307
02-02-2012, 02:41 PM

Paul George has just been found to be too tall to be traded.

BoilerMan013
02-02-2012, 03:09 PM
The Pacers actually have enough cap space to absorb his full contract without a player, so they don't even have to trade up to the 9 mil in contract. (The Pacers don't have filler, anyway. They have Granger, West, and a bunch of rookie-scale contracts). Their best trading asset is a very David Stern - friendly available cap space.

And no way they give up a starter for a backup C who will prolly no resign here.

PacersForLife
02-02-2012, 03:12 PM
I think we we would give up either a guy like A.J. Price and a 2nd rounder or just a 1st rounder straight up. We have the cap to absorb his contract so that alone is a good deal for New Orleans. I really hope this happens considering Hansbrough has been struggling. Also give us arguably the best front-court depth in the league.

Sixerlover
02-02-2012, 03:13 PM

No chance.

PacersForLife
02-02-2012, 03:16 PM
No chance.

I know right, he's being his sarcastic self though... :rolleyes:

king4day
02-02-2012, 03:41 PM
What are the Pacers rumored to be offering for Kaman?

It wouldn't surprise me if they offered this years 1st for him. It'll be in the 20's anyway so it's not like they lose much. If I'm N.O. I'd do that. Pile up the picks.

gbrl
02-02-2012, 03:47 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if they offered this years 1st for him. It'll be in the 20's anyway so it's not like they lose much. If I'm N.O. I'd do that. Pile up the picks.

sounds good to me

sep11ie
02-02-2012, 03:55 PM

No way. In about 3 years Paul George will be a frickin 8'7" SG!

sixer04fan
02-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Why even trade for Kaman when Paul George can just play center? Dude's at least 7' by now.

GoPacers33
02-02-2012, 05:29 PM

The Pacers not trading our future for a backup C

IndyFan
02-02-2012, 05:45 PM
i wouldn't expect the pacer to offer anything but cap space and a 2nd. since the pacers can absorb all of his contract in cap space, they don't have to return filler salary. ie NOH can save the entire amount of his contract. i think that any other team can only absorb part of his contract, so players will be sent to NOH that HOH doesn't want.

VCaintdead17
02-02-2012, 05:50 PM
As long as we don't Lance

Rockice_8
02-02-2012, 05:59 PM
i wouldn't expect the pacer to offer anything but cap space and a 2nd. since the pacers can absorb all of his contract in cap space, they don't have to return filler salary. ie NOH can save the entire amount of his contract. i think that any other team can only absorb part of his contract, so players will be sent to NOH that HOH doesn't want.

Kaman is a good player you have to give up something. The 1st like someone said should do it or maybe a guy like Tyler and a 2nd. I doubt they just want to give him away.

Jag4444
02-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Kaman is a good player you have to give up something. The 1st like someone said should do it or maybe a guy like Tyler and a 2nd. I doubt they just want to give him away. You might be right, but if they're not giving him away then we won't offer much. Pretty much we will take him as a gift but we aren't desperate to overpay or give realistic value for him.

Rockice_8
02-02-2012, 06:25 PM
You might be right, but if they're not giving him away then we won't offer much. Pretty much we will take him as a gift but we aren't desperate to overpay or give realistic value for him.

I agree that you could get him on a discount but not for a 2nd. That's like getting him for nothing. What did you think of the offers below?

your 2012 1st

or

Tyler and a 2nd

I really can't think of anything else that you'd part with that NO would want. Maybe Hill but he's hurt now. Hey you might be right maybe they'll take a 2nd just to dump the salary, it's been done before. The only thing that keeps me from thinking that is because there are a few teams looking to snag him so it might take something like the trades above to get it done. That competition has to be stiffer then a 2nd round pick.

Jag4444
02-02-2012, 08:12 PM
I would entertain the 1st round pick but nothing more. He likely wouldn't resign so we won't give up to much. A pick and a player not named jones or price is too much for us

dtmagnet
02-02-2012, 08:27 PM
As long as we don't Lance

That is one strange looking dude.

OT Thriller
02-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Kaman would be absolutely perfect with the Hawks. They need him desperately, and he fills the exact role theyve been needing for years. Kaman would be good in Indiana but I feel like Atlanta is in a position to go more over the top as far as a trade goes, or at least they should be. Unless they get Martin of course but I think Kaman is better suited for the Hawks than K-Mart.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-03-2012, 11:21 AM
I can see Pacers absorbing Kaman salary out right just like other posters mentioned. Then Pacers offer 2013 first? I believe you guys trade your 2011 pick to Spurs for Hill? So ya cant have consecutive back to back picks traded. So has to be 2013 if that's what the deal would be.

Heediot
02-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Kaman would be absolutely perfect with the Hawks. They need him desperately, and he fills the exact role theyve been needing for years. Kaman would be good in Indiana but I feel like Atlanta is in a position to go more over the top as far as a trade goes, or at least they should be. Unless they get Martin of course but I think Kaman is better suited for the Hawks than K-Mart.

$$$

I agree totally, if they add Kaman they become more dangerous. They could move Horford back to 4 spot when he comes back. They have a sleepers chance at winning the east if this happens.

Kaman, Jack and one of X. Henry/Aminu/Pick for Hinrich and J. Smith?