PDA

View Full Version : Your All-Star rosters so far?

Taimla
02-02-2012, 08:12 AM
How does your All-star rosters look like?
Put players into starting lineup who should be starters, not who you think will be voted in.

for me its:

West

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Blake Griffin
C - Andrew Bynum

Reservs:
G: Russel Westbrook
G: Monta Ellis
F: Kevin Love
F: Danilo Gallinari
C: Marc Gasol
WC: Drik Nowitzki (can't leave him out, coz what he did last season)
WC: Lamarcus Aldridge

I think the roster will likley be something like that, maybe they left Gallo and Ellis aout and bring Rudy Gay and Pau Gasol in.

East:

PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Dwayne Wade
SF - Lebron James
PF - Chris Bosh
C - Dwight Howard

Reservs:
G: Rajon Rondo (if healthy)
G:Joe Johnson
F: Andrea Igoudala
F: Josh Smith
C: Roy Hibbert
WC: Brandon Jennings
WC: Deron Williams

In reality Anthony will likley be voted in and Igoudala and Jennings place will be contested by Ray Allen.

Give me yours, guys :)

Mishmin
02-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Paul Pierce has been putting up very strong numbers.

JasonJohnHorn
02-02-2012, 11:24 AM
West:
CP3
Kobe
Durant
Love
Bynum

East
Rose
Wade
LBJ
Boozer
Howard

The starters are pretty easy as far as I'm concerned. As for the bench, that is tricky, but if there is somebody who disagrees with my starting line-up, I'd be curious to see who they put in place of the guys I picked. I understand that Blake will be voted over Love because he is more popular, but Love is the better player right now. There isnt a power forward better than Love in the league. I can also see Bosh getting in over Boozer, but Boozer is the better rebounder and can score as much as Bosh if they were running plays for him. I think Boozer is a better player.

Taimla
02-02-2012, 11:31 AM
West:
CP3
Kobe
Durant
Love
Bynum

East
Rose
Wade
LBJ
Boozer
Howard

The starters are pretty easy as far as I'm concerned. As for the bench, that is tricky, but if there is somebody who disagrees with my starting line-up, I'd be curious to see who they put in place of the guys I picked. I understand that Blake will be voted over Love because he is more popular, but Love is the better player right now. There isnt a power forward better than Love in the league. I can also see Bosh getting in over Boozer, but Boozer is the better rebounder and can score as much as Bosh if they were running plays for him. I think Boozer is a better player.

Boozer over Bosh?

Woodrow
02-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Put players into starting lineup who should be starters, not who you think will be voted in.

for me its:

West

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Blake Griffin
C - Andrew Bynum

Reservs:

I think the roster will likley be something like that, maybe they left Gallo and Ellis aout and bring Rudy Gay and Pau Gasol in.

East:

PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Dwayne Wade
SF - Lebron James
PF - Chris Bosh
C - Dwight Howard

Reservs:

In reality Anthony will likley be voted in and Igoudala and Jennings place will be contested by Ray Allen.

Take Nowitski out of the west and add Millsap and I think your pretty close. Sorry, but it doesn't matter what Dirk did last year when it comes to this years all star game.

Baller1
02-02-2012, 11:42 AM
West

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Kevin Love
C - Andrew Bynum

Reserves:
G: James Harden
F: Blake Griffin
F: Lamarcus Aldridge
WC: Paul Millsap
WC: Steve Nash

F-Mart26
02-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Rose
Wade
Melo
LBJ
Howard

Avenged
02-02-2012, 12:21 PM
West:

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant
Kevin Love
Andrew Bynum

Reserves:
G- Westbrook
G- Nash
F- Griffin
F- Pau Gasol
C- Marc Gasol
Aldridge
Paul Millsap

JordansBulls
02-02-2012, 01:26 PM
West:

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant
Kevin Love
Andrew Bynum

Reserves:
G- Westbrook
G- Nash
F- Griffin
F- Pau Gasol
C- Marc Gasol
Aldridge
Paul Millsap

It would be a crime if the Lakers got 3 guys on the allstar team.

Also I'd take Billups as the third PG over Nash now for the allstar game.

Avenged
02-02-2012, 02:02 PM

Nash is having a better season individually than Billups. Actually, he's playing a lot more efficiently than him, Billups doesn't belong in the ASG.

Why is it fine with the Clippers having 3 all-stars and not the Lakers? The Clippers are only 1 1/2 games ahead of the Lakers. Either way, Pau Gasol is out playing Billups so he should go ahead of him anyways.

*Silver&Black*
02-02-2012, 02:03 PM
As long as Josh Smith finally makes it, I'm cool. Would love to see Rondo/Smith/Howard on the court at the same time.

Sadds The Gr8
02-02-2012, 02:11 PM
East:

Rose/Deron/Jennings
Wade/J.Johnson
Lebron/J.Smith/Iguodala
Carmelo/Rupaul
Howard/Hibbert

LA_Raiders
02-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Wade and Melo dont deserve it, but they will...

jmoney85
02-02-2012, 02:18 PM
dwill should be starting over rose... ive been more impressed with what dwill has done the last few weeks with his scrub team

DChibes
02-02-2012, 02:37 PM
dwill should be starting over rose... ive been more impressed with what dwill has done the last few weeks with his scrub team

Ok yea i see what you are saying but DRose is the best PG in the game man...

and the guy that said Boozer is better than Bosh? Please watch basketball, please:pray:

nick_12_25
02-02-2012, 02:41 PM
with the bulls possibly having the best record in the East at all-star break and having the record they did i can't see them only having 1all star again. and I dont' think boozer deserves, I believe that Noah will make it based on team he is on and hibbert will be in shoes noah was last year, in that he deserves to go but will have to wait a year. had deng not got hurt he was in. but I really think this is the year bulls get 2 guys in. if bulls coaching is coaching I think they will for sure have 2 guys.

NYKnickFanatic
02-02-2012, 02:46 PM
:laugh2: People really think Bosh or Boozer will start over Melo? Did you forget the FANS vote?

TheMagicAct24
02-02-2012, 02:49 PM
West:

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Andrew Bynum

Reserves:
G: Russell Westbrook
G: Rudy Gay( I know he's a SF)
F: LaMarcus Aldridge
WC: Pau Gasol

This is my list and im sticking with it bcuz their is going to be a lot of sunbs in the West.

East:

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: LeBron James
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Dwight Howard

Reserves:
G: Rajon Rondo
G: Joe Johnson
F: Andre Iguodala
WC: Paul Pierce

Melo will be voted in even though I dont think he should be in the game because RIGHT NOW his team isnt doing well and he's been injured as well as Luol Deng who's also been injured.

wjmoffatt
02-02-2012, 02:51 PM
West
PG-CP3
SG- Kobe
SF- Durant
PF- Love (who ever says Griffin, quit watching highlights and watch an actual game!)
C- Aldridge

Reserves
G- Westbrook
G- Martin
F- Griffin
F- Dirk
C- Bynum
WC- Nash
WC- Rubio

East
PG- Rose
SG- Wade
SF- Melo
F- Bron
C- Dwight

Reserves
G- DWill
G- Rondon
F- Bosh
F- A. I
C- Hibbert

WC- Pierce
WC- Amare

jmoney85
02-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Ok yea i see what you are saying but DRose is the best PG in the game man...

and the guy that said Boozer is better than Bosh? Please watch basketball, please:pray:

Its debatable... I personally think dwill and cp3 are better all around pg's... I just feel like they are more well rounded

willabeast77
02-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Deron Williams hasnt been that great this season, he's been better as of late but his team sucks and that might cost him a spot. Truthfully, Kyrie Irving or even Brandon Jennings deserves to make it over Deron Williams.

jmoney85
02-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Deron Williams hasnt been that great this season, he's been better as of late but his team sucks and that might cost him a spot. Truthfully, Kyrie Irving or even Brandon Jennings deserves to make it over Deron Williams.

why should your teams skill level have anything to do with you making the all-star team?

especially with all of the injuries the nets have had ...

to say irving and jennings should make it over dwill is just laughable

Sixerlover
02-02-2012, 03:15 PM

What are you talking about?

jmoney85
02-02-2012, 03:16 PM
What are you talking about?

can you not read?

willabeast77
02-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Team records always have part of a player making the allstar team so why would this year be different. Both the Cavs and Bucks have a better record than the Nets. Compare their numbers and you'll see Irving and Jennings have a slight edge over Williams, so no it's not laughable at all.

PacersForLife
02-02-2012, 03:22 PM
East:
PG: Derrick Rose/Williams/Rondo
SG: Dwayne Wade/Joe Johnson
SF: LeBron James/Melo/Pierce/Granger
PF: Chris Bosh/Josh Smith
C: Howard/Hibbert

PacersForLife
02-02-2012, 03:27 PM
with the bulls possibly having the best record in the East at all-star break and having the record they did i can't see them only having 1all star again. and I dont' think boozer deserves, I believe that Noah will make it based on team he is on and hibbert will be in shoes noah was last year, in that he deserves to go but will have to wait a year. had deng not got hurt he was in. but I really think this is the year bulls get 2 guys in. if bulls coaching is coaching I think they will for sure have 2 guys.

Well if you think this simply because of record you don't have much of an argument, I'm sorry. If Hibbert gets snubbed because of Noah i will sue the NBA :rolleyes:. Really though, Hibbert has better numbers and is a focal point of this team as well as the Pacers being one of the most improved teams.

NYKnickFanatic
Rose
Wade
Melo
LeBron
Dwight

That will be the East starters.

AIMelo=KillaDUO

for me its:

West

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Blake Griffin
C - Andrew Bynum

Reservs:

East:

PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Dwayne Wade
SF - Lebron James
PF - Chris Bosh
C - Dwight Howard

Reservs:

So you have, Brandon Jennings, Roy Hibbert, Josh Smith, Andre Iguodala, Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, and Chris Bosh... ALL above Carmelo? AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA :facepalm:

jmoney85
02-02-2012, 03:37 PM
more than half of those players actually deserve being ahead of melo

bootsy
02-02-2012, 03:49 PM

Deron is averaging 20 ppg and 8.5 apg. He will be on the All Star team over Jennings or Irving. Neither one of those guys deserves to make it over him. Not that difficult to understand.

jmoney85
02-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Deron is averaging 20 ppg and 8.5 apg. He will be on the All Star team over Jennings or Irving. Neither one of those guys deserves to make it over him. Not that difficult to understand.

exactly.... hes been playing with bonafied D-leaguers the last 2 weeks due to injuries and still throwing up gaudy numbers

willabeast77
02-02-2012, 03:57 PM

Yeah Im sure Deron "will" make the team over them. My point was that Jennings and Irving deserve it more. They're still some time before the reserves get announced so we'll see how that pans out.

jmoney85
02-02-2012, 04:00 PM
tell me how they "deserve" it more....

bootsy
02-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Yeah Im sure Deron "will" make the team over them. My point was that Jennings and Irving deserve it more. They're still some time before the reserves get announced so we'll see how that pans out.

How do they deserve it more?Neither has better numbers than DWill and neither's team is significantly better than the Nets so I don't see how either deserves it more at this point.

willabeast77
02-02-2012, 04:14 PM
How do they deserve it more?Neither has better numbers than DWill and neither's team is significantly better than the Nets so I don't see how either deserves it more at this point.

The only significant difference between Deron Williams to Jennings and Irving is the assists. Deron is the better passer but aside from that, the others got him beat in other stat categories.

Kyrie Irving is at 18PPG/5APG on 51% shooting while only playing 29 mins.
Brandon Jennings is averaging around the same amount of PPG and RPG than Deron but shooting a little better from teh field. Id also say he deserves it more slightly simply because the Bucks are in the playoff spot currently while the Nets aren't (even if the wins are close to each other atm).

Also compare their PER's:
Kyrie Irving: 22.6
Brandon Jennings: 21.1
Deron Williams: 19.7

Like I said before, there is still some more games for them to play before the announcement of the reserves so it's not out of the question for either of them to make it but as of now Id still say Jennings and Irving deserve it over Williams.

naps
02-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Bosh should be starting but Melo will be voted in :facepalm: That's why I never cared about this All-Star game BS.

Teeboy1487
02-02-2012, 04:23 PM

:facepalm:

JordansBulls
02-02-2012, 05:02 PM

Boozer has a better chance to make it than Noah does.

jmoney85
02-02-2012, 05:03 PM
The only significant difference between Deron Williams to Jennings and Irving is the assists. Deron is the better passer but aside from that, the others got him beat in other stat categories.

Kyrie Irving is at 18PPG/5APG on 51% shooting while only playing 29 mins.
Brandon Jennings is averaging around the same amount of PPG and RPG than Deron but shooting a little better from teh field. Id also say he deserves it more slightly simply because the Bucks are in the playoff spot currently while the Nets aren't (even if the wins are close to each other atm).

Also compare their PER's:
Kyrie Irving: 22.6
Brandon Jennings: 21.1
Deron Williams: 19.7

Like I said before, there is still some more games for them to play before the announcement of the reserves so it's not out of the question for either of them to make it but as of now Id still say Jennings and Irving deserve it over Williams.

assists are huge when comparing point guards... you cant shrug it off like its not significant... if the nets were healthy dwill would probably be average 10-11.5 assists a game

JordansBulls
02-02-2012, 05:05 PM

:laugh2:

Dude is shooting 41% and on a team that is 8-15 and doesn't even lead his own team in win shares.

UPRock
02-02-2012, 05:05 PM
West:

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Andrew Bynum

Reserves:

G: Steve Nash
F: LaMarcus Aldridge
WC: Kevin Martin

East:

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: LeBron James
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Dwight Howard

Reserves:
G: Rajon Rondo
G: Joe Johnson
F: Andre Iguodala
F: Carmelo Anthony
WC: Josh Smith

bholly
02-02-2012, 05:07 PM
:laugh2: People really think Bosh or Boozer will start over Melo? Did you forget the FANS vote?

Do you have trouble reading? This is from the OP:

This is a thread about who you want to be there, or who you think should be there, not who you expect to be there.

bholly
02-02-2012, 05:08 PM

Dude is shooting 41% and on a team that is 8-15 and doesn't even lead his own team in win shares.

Have you watching him the last few weeks? He had a rough stretch, but there's zero doubt he's an All Star.

edit: oh, my bad. I didn't see the guy had said he should start above Rose. Never mind.

jmoney85
02-02-2012, 05:09 PM

considering his shooting percentage has been rising every game for the last 2 weeks and has played better than every pg in the league in the 2 weeks with literally nobody on that roster healthy

NYKnickFanatic
02-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Do you have trouble reading? This is from the OP:

This is a thread about who you want to be there, or who you think should be there, not who you expect to be there.

I dont have trouble reading, I just didnt even bother reading it. Fail on my end. :o

willabeast77
02-02-2012, 05:55 PM
The starters are a popularity contest so its pretty stupid to think anyone would start over Rose. Also Carmelo will get that starting spot along with LeBron. Book it!

JohnnyOutcast
02-02-2012, 07:36 PM

Derrick Rose is currently the only player in the NBA that is in the top 10 in Points and Assist per game, and his team has the best record in the East......