PDA

View Full Version : Heat make offers to Kenyon Martin and Joel Pryzbilla

spreadeagle
02-02-2012, 05:57 AM
The Heat certainly could use some help, some depth along the front line. No offense to Eddy Curry, but he turns out not to be the answer.

So they have made offers to two free agents to be — Kenyon Martin and Joel Przybilla, reports Brian Windhorst at ESPN.

The Heat have offered contracts to both Joel Przybilla and Kenyon Martin, their agents told ESPN.com. Przybilla is expected to make a choice between the Chicago Bulls and Heat, according to agent Bill Duffy. Martin is interested in several teams, with the Heat in the mix, according to agent Andy Miller…

Heat president Pat Riley has been recruiting both players as the Heat look to add depth to their frontcourt.

If you are going to have someone recruiting, Pat Riley is a good choice. That said, it may be hard for the Heat to land either man.

Both Martin and Przybilla both could make their decisions by this weekend. Martin cannot join a team until the team he was with in the Chinese Basketball Association ends its season (the date depends on playoff elimination).

What Martin says he wants is steady run on a team that is a contender. The Heat already have Bosh starting at the four and bring in Udonis Haslem off the bench at that position. They also play LeBron James at the four at times and occasionally use Joel Anthony there. How many minutes do they have to give Martin at the four?

As we told you Wednesday, there are a number of teams in the Kenyon Martin mix — the Lakers, Clippers, Spurs Hawks and Knicks are the other suitors. Every one of those teams could use Martin and his 8.6 points shooting 51 percent and 6.2 rebounds he averaged per game last season. At age 34 he is not a dominant force anymore but is a quality big.

Przybilla is rumored to be leaning toward the Bulls, but the Heat certainly could use his size to match up with teams in the playoffs.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/02/report-heat-make-offers-for-kenyon-martin-joel-przybilla/

DenButsu
02-02-2012, 06:07 AM
My money would probably be on K-Mart to Dallas.

DenButsu
02-02-2012, 06:07 AM

lavilevi23
02-02-2012, 06:22 AM

Not on his list. :rolleyes:

lavilevi23
02-02-2012, 06:24 AM
My money would be on K-Mart to Clippers and Pryzbilla to the HEAT.
Sheed to the Bulls and Arenas to the Lakers.
Some team might also want to sign Fesenko for the playoffs.

DenButsu
02-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Not on his list. :rolleyes:

I'm not buying that. It's his hometown, he all but said at the end of last season he was interested in playing for the Mavs... it may not be on whatever was leaked to the press, but there's no way it's not one of his considerations.

Rockice_8
02-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Pryz to the Heat

Martin to the Clip

Just my best guess.

tyfreaks brotha
02-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Pryzbilla would be huge for the Miami Heat if they could land him. Don't really see a need for Martin unless they are planning on trading Bosh/Haslem. I don't see Martin working at center if that's there intention

Law25
02-02-2012, 12:11 PM
My money would be on K-Mart to Clippers and Pryzbilla to the HEAT.
Sheed to the Bulls and Arenas to the Lakers.
Some team might also want to sign Fesenko for the playoffs.

This would actually improve every team :clap:

gotoHcarolina52
02-02-2012, 12:24 PM
This should go in the HEAT forum, you slurpers!

sp1derm00
02-02-2012, 12:31 PM
I have this gut feeling...

Martin to the Lakers, Gasol gets traded for Rondo.

farren.louis
02-02-2012, 12:40 PM
The heat dont need either the heat

HouRealCoach
02-02-2012, 02:49 PM
I have this gut feeling...

Martin to the Lakers, Gasol gets traded for Rondo.

You Laker fans think Gasol can get you anyone lol

justinnum1
02-02-2012, 03:53 PM
woj
Kenyon Martin is on visit to Atlanta today, intrigued w/ significant role he could play w/ Hawks, sources say. Clips, Heat high on list too.

Celtics33
02-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Miami could get them both, it is definitely an attractive destination for veterans.

Iron24th
02-02-2012, 06:44 PM
You Laker fans think Gasol can get you anyone lol

Agree, why the celts would trade Rondo for Gasol?!?!?!