PDA

View Full Version : Can the Bucks take Miami out in the first round?

latinofire21
02-02-2012, 02:00 AM
If the bucks get the 8 seed and the Heat get the 1 seed would the Bucks be able to knock them out in the first round? Discuss

cubbie92
02-02-2012, 02:02 AM
No, it would go five games at the most. They played well tonight but over a seven game series I don't think they'd have much of a chance.

Method28
02-02-2012, 02:02 AM
Highly doubt it. Good couple of games for mil but in a 7 game series....im not betting against miami vs anyone

latinofire21
02-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Every team has a team they cant beat. The Bucks seem to have the Heats number. It would be pretty funny if they did knock them out though.

Fear the Deer!

Faneik
02-02-2012, 02:24 AM
Every team has a team they cant beat. The Bucks seem to have the Heats number. It would be pretty funny if they did knock them out though.

Fear the Deer!

respect!

lavilevi23
02-02-2012, 02:25 AM
HEAT play on a different level in the playoffs. 5 games at most.

Lidz
02-02-2012, 02:25 AM
lmfao.

DerekCzajkowski
02-02-2012, 02:27 AM
I'm a bucks fan and a Miami hater but heat would take that one....

UPRock
02-02-2012, 02:30 AM
Another Heat thread by Latinofire.

shep33
02-02-2012, 02:35 AM
Fear the Deer!

But no way... playoffs are a whole different beast.

Birdmannn
02-02-2012, 02:36 AM
I swear this happened last year with chicago and boston and both those teams were better then the bucks now.

DerekCzajkowski
02-02-2012, 02:36 AM
Never say never though....as a bucks fan I'm just hoping we dump Jackson and make the playoffs

UPRock
02-02-2012, 02:44 AM
I agree, Jackson is not the answer at SG for the team, but a Ray Allen can be a good addition this season, and if that doesn't work let him be a FA.

meloman1592
02-02-2012, 03:00 AM
HELL NO...and I hate the heat

iggypop123
02-02-2012, 03:01 AM
if the bucks were healthy hey would go 7. No way he heat lose game 7 whether its by their play or refs

Cal827
02-02-2012, 03:06 AM
I bet the series would go 7.... 7 minutes of being tied before Miami goes HAM on them and winning the series in 4 games :D

LakersMaster24
02-02-2012, 03:27 AM
No way. Miami is scary.

- They have 2 superstars
- 1 Top 10 PF and a legit star
- Deep roster
- Solid bench
- Suffocating defense

gotoHcarolina52
02-02-2012, 03:28 AM
The Bucks would likely sweep. 5 games max.

marvILLous
02-02-2012, 03:31 AM
bucks would get mollywhopped

ramz.n
02-02-2012, 03:36 AM
just because the beat them yesterday !?, I don't think they could win a 7 games series without bogut.

Gritz
02-02-2012, 04:00 AM
Lol

hgtiger32
02-02-2012, 04:12 AM
Um no haha

Although Bucks do have the players to defend wade and lebron but I would guess no.

Lakerfrk
02-02-2012, 04:13 AM
Absolutely they can.. If Lebron and Wade are not playing...

Ollie Tabooger
02-02-2012, 04:36 AM
If we trade stephen jackson for dwade and lebron, then yes.

BigEric
02-02-2012, 04:48 AM
Lebron wade and or bosh going to be hurt?

But probably not. Hell, no one can say its definite but, its not likely that Bucks can take em 4 of 7 or 3 of 5. Skiles will sure as hell have them play hard though.

D1JM
02-02-2012, 05:09 AM
as much as i hate miami, no they wouldnt.

brodawgs
02-02-2012, 05:11 AM
Nope. We're just really hot right now, playing some old school white man basketball. You see how many passes have been going on when any combination of 3 or more of Dunleavy, Udrih, Leuer, Delfino, or Ilyasova are on the court? Teams just haven't caught on yet and when they do, we won't be looking as dominant. Heat would take it in 5, MAYBE 6.

D1JM
02-02-2012, 05:15 AM
upsets happen all the time so it wouldnt be like an OMG. but i would be surprised if the bulls and heat didnt meet up for the ECF this year.

Chi StateOfMind
02-02-2012, 05:30 AM
Bucks would seriously have ZERO chance. Sorry but Miami would destroy them.

Swift Game
02-02-2012, 06:05 AM
It would be interesting if they had bogut in the lineup. But even then it would be really tough.

The one thing is that wade will pick up his defense and limit Jennings and then its game over. Miami covers the floor so fast with their defense in the half court it would be almost impossible in the playoffs for the Bucks.

So no, I don't think they stand a chance. Indiana Pacers would certainly have a chance though. They have a solid 5 and solid bench, and gave the bulls everything they can handle last year in the playoffs.

Evolution23
02-02-2012, 07:30 AM
If we trade stephen jackson for dwade and lebron, then yes.

What you mean we? You live in Wisconsin.

bholly
02-02-2012, 07:39 AM
What you mean we? You live in Wisconsin.

Think he means the Bucks? I'm not expert, but aren't they from Wisconsin too?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Never say never. Even if the Bucks lose the series. It will be a long dragged out series. Heat will be tired after it and next team will be all over the Heat after we drained the life out of them. heehehehe

h2r09
02-02-2012, 08:09 AM
can people stop having perspective and sound the panic alarm? can't you tell this is the nba forum?

justinnum1
02-02-2012, 09:38 AM
it would be 5 games, but they would make us work harder than we would want.

Rockice_8
02-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Not a chance. . . Jennings is ballin right now but it won't last. With Bogut out for the rest of the year I don't see them making the playoffs. CLE/NYK/NJN one of them will knock them out.

29$JerZ
02-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Of course they could
Depends on how Jennigs does and if Bogut could return

time4change
02-02-2012, 10:01 AM
No way. Miami is scary.

- They have 2 superstars
- 1 Top 10 PF and a legit star
- Deep roster
- Solid bench
- Suffocating defense

We have 2 guys that can guard those 2 superstars in Delfino and Mbah A Moute, you might not think so but you'd be wrong.

Not to mention, Bosh is a non factor when Mbah is guarding him.

I don't know that you could get a more solid bench then what the Bucks have, what they lack is in their starting lineup. Our bench can hang with the best. Illyasova really helps.

Apparently you have't watched the Bucks in a while, especially last night, the Bucks have a pretty good d as well.

Held LBJ to in the second half 2 5-12 shooting but more importantly made him a non factor in the fourth quarter.

benzni
02-02-2012, 10:05 AM
no, unless they get Michael Redd back

time4change
02-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Bucks would seriously have ZERO chance. Sorry but Miami would destroy them.

Why because Lebron "plays at another level" come playoff time. LOL

Give me a break.

Is it likely, no. Can they ahhh yes.

Pretty sure with Young Money (Brandon Jennings) he is not scared of anyone. Showed last night when he came down and knocked down 3 consecutive 3's, with dude in his face.

When a guy like him, who is cocky, who is a gamer, steps his game like he did last night, and has been for the past couple of weeks it shows that he isn't afraid of anyone.

Not to say that means a damn, but when you have a talent like Brandon Jennings who now thinks, well **** I can take these guys, it's doesn't bode well for the Heat or other teams for that matter.

He is that good. If you don't believe me now that's fine, but you'll be proven wrong very soon.

time4change
02-02-2012, 10:12 AM
It would be interesting if they had bogut in the lineup. But even then it would be really tough.

The one thing is that wade will pick up his defense and limit Jennings and then its game over. Miami covers the floor so fast with their defense in the half court it would be almost impossible in the playoffs for the Bucks.

So no, I don't think they stand a chance. Indiana Pacers would certainly have a chance though. They have a solid 5 and solid bench, and gave the bulls everything they can handle last year in the playoffs.

Really? Against this defense? You think Wade is going to be able to lock BJ3 3 feet beyond the 3 point line all game long every game? Doubtful, that gonna wear him out way to fast and as you saw last night your going to need more than just LBJ scoring to beats the Bucks.

time4change
02-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Not a chance. . . Jennings is ballin right now but it won't last. With Bogut out for the rest of the year I don't see them making the playoffs. CLE/NYK/NJN one of them will knock them out.

You better hope not. But it could just be that he is a 3rd year point guard finally grasping his position, as anyone with a brain would have told you last year.

Which brings me to your next incorrect point because Bogut isn't out the entire year. And it doesn't matter if he's playing because Drew Gooden is playing out of his mind. Do I expect this from Gooden day in day out, no, but I do expect him to stay in front of offensive players, and get rebounds, yes, which he does.

Lol NY, thats a joke, Cleveland, meh, and the Nets lol do some homework kid.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-02-2012, 10:32 AM
:facepalm:

bucketss
02-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Why because Lebron "plays at another level" come playoff time. LOL

Give me a break.

Is it likely, no. Can they ahhh yes.

Pretty sure with Young Money (Brandon Jennings) he is not scared of anyone. Showed last night when he came down and knocked down 3 consecutive 3's, with dude in his face.

When a guy like him, who is cocky, who is a gamer, steps his game like he did last night, and has been for the past couple of weeks it shows that he isn't afraid of anyone.

Not to say that means a damn, but when you have a talent like Brandon Jennings who now thinks, well **** I can take these guys, it's doesn't bode well for the Heat or other teams for that matter.

He is that good. If you don't believe me now that's fine, but you'll be proven wrong very soon.

LOL chill out, are the bucks even going to make the playoffs??

time4change
02-02-2012, 10:50 AM
LOL chill out, are the bucks even going to make the playoffs??

Lol maybe, maybe not. Time will tell.

That's beside the point.

Jolly Fats
02-02-2012, 10:51 AM
HEAT play on a different level in the playoffs. 5 games at most.

That's part of it. But there's a different dynamic when you're playing the same team for at least 4 games in a row with the season on the line than there is when you're playing a given team on a given night during a meatgrinder of a season.

Like you said, it's doubtful the Heat get up for the game against Milwaukee in the regular season the way they would in the playoffs. But then there's also other elements like strategy/gameplanning/etc where it's focused on one team. The grind of the NBA season doesn't permit strategy that's as heavily tailored for one team the way the playoffs do.

Just look at Phil Jackson. He'd use regular season games to let his team find their way in critical moment's of ball games. The idea was that this would better prepare them for crucial moments later in the season. But then if things were at a critical state in the playoffs, Phil would be more pro-active in responding to circumstances.

time4change
02-02-2012, 10:56 AM
That's part of it. But there's a different dynamic when you're playing the same team for at least 4 games in a row with the season on the line than there is when you're playing a given team on a given night during a meatgrinder of a season.

Like you said, it's doubtful the Heat get up for the game against Milwaukee in the regular season the way they would in the playoffs. But then there's also other elements like strategy/gameplanning/etc where it's focused on one team. The grind of the NBA season doesn't permit strategy that's as heavily tailored for one team the way the playoffs do.

Just look at Phil Jackson. He'd use regular season games to let his team find their way in critical moment's of ball games. The idea was that this would better prepare them for crucial moments later in the season. But then if things were at a critical state in the playoffs, Phil would be more pro-active in responding to circumstances.

Lol your clearly mistaken.

Along with anyone else who thinks that.

If you can count on them playing at another level then I can count on The Bron not being there. Which in that case I'm not worried about because Bosh and Wade are a lot easier to beat.

Bold#1 Sure looked like they got up last night, just didn't finish.

Bold#2 Ya how'd that work for the Lakers last year?

All your points are correct but you are clearly forgetting one thing. Confidence. What The Bron does not lack is EGO what he does lack is confidence.

I'll be called crazy this entire thread, fine by me, i just don't see the Bucks getting scared and running.

Especially with Jennings becoming more and more confident.

Bravo95
02-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Doesn't matter who won season series or any of that. What matters is which teams are healthy in April, can raise they play another level, and know how to close out a postseason opponent.

mttwlsn16
02-02-2012, 11:04 AM
lol no

adidas2307
02-02-2012, 11:10 AM
We have 2 guys that can guard those 2 superstars in Delfino and Mbah A Moute, you might not think so but you'd be wrong.

I don't know that you could get a more solid bench then what the Bucks have, what they lack is in their starting lineup. Our bench can hang with the best. Illyasova really helps.

Apparently you have't watched the Bucks in a while, especially last night, the Bucks have a pretty good d as well.

Held LBJ to in the second half 2 5-12 shooting but more importantly made him a non factor in the fourth quarter.

LeBron turns himself into a non-factor in the fourth. :p

Daunter
02-02-2012, 11:12 AM
The Heat can't sweep the Bucks id say Heat in 6

Heater4life
02-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Lol your clearly mistaken.

Along with anyone else who thinks that.

If you can count on them playing at another level then I can count on The Bron not being there. Which in that case I'm not worried about because Bosh and Wade are a lot easier to beat.

The Bucks are playing very well against the Heat but last season showed that come playoff time Miami was a different beast to play against.

Chicago was 3-0 against Miami, while leading the league in the standings

Boston was 3-1 against Miami, behind us a close third out east.

If you want to count on Bron "not being there" you better hope theres a way to get a Heat-Bucks finals match. Because during the playoffs last season Lebron was an absolute animal.

speakerboxx
02-02-2012, 11:17 AM
As a sixer fan...I'd love to see it...Cause it opens things up big time for us

Rockice_8
02-02-2012, 11:18 AM
You better hope not. But it could just be that he is a 3rd year point guard finally grasping his position, as anyone with a brain would have told you last year.

Which brings me to your next incorrect point because Bogut isn't out the entire year. And it doesn't matter if he's playing because Drew Gooden is playing out of his mind. Do I expect this from Gooden day in day out, no, but I do expect him to stay in front of offensive players, and get rebounds, yes, which he does.

Lol NY, thats a joke, Cleveland, meh, and the Nets lol do some homework kid.

Could be that he's grasping the position sure but he's never been a great shooter so I'll stick with my original statement of him coming back down to earth eventually. Bogut is out for most of the year then, it's long enough to have a big impact though. NY, a joke? What is so funny about that they have more then enough talent to get hot. How about you do some homework there kid, the Nets are destroyed by injuries right now and if they can ever get healthy they could make a run.

LOL at you thinking the Bucks are a lock for the playoffs.

latinofire21
02-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Well to the posts directed at me by Heat fans, so sorry you dont like the thread. You can keep yourselves out of it. There is no need to bash me personally for your teams lack of ability to defeat the Bucks.

D Wade has been injured and has showed when hes out Bosh has been more of a factor. One poster suggested bringing him off the bench because it allows Lebron to play better. I guess thats a good compromise from just trading him all together for pieces like I suggested a couple weeks back. Nonetheless this isnt the same heat team from last year. In a condensed season with all these back to backs do you really think they will be able to just turn it up for the playoffs with all those minutes they are logging.

I have read numerous posts about heat fans complaining that Spo is logging them too much time every game just to pull out some of these victories. I highly doubt they will have the gas to "just turn it up" like a lot of you are suggesting. Another thing is that even if they did turn it up the Bucks have smacked them in both meetings this season. They dont have an answer for that team. They didnt lose the game because they werent ready to play. They lost the game because they were out played.

The Bucks clearly have there number for whatever reason. The Heat regardless of matchup are not going to have a cakewalk in the first round to whoever they face. Everyone wants to be the team to knock them out of the playoffs. With that being said if they get the first round matchup against a team who clearly understands how to nueter the heat I would think the Bucks can pull out the series with our without Bogut.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Stern would never let it happen. Wade and LBJ would shoot 50 FT's combined in game 7.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Ftd!

Taimla
02-02-2012, 11:33 AM
As much as i would love it, have to say no chance.

NoahH
02-02-2012, 11:44 AM
No. The Miami HEAT of February are much different than the Miami HEAT of May or June. I could see the Bucks winning one, maybe two games at most, but in a 7 game series, the HEAT win.

I'd take the HEAT in 5 any day.

kingkenny01
02-02-2012, 11:55 AM
the bucks beat the heat twice this season but still i would expect as series like chicago vs indiana good close games but not more than 5 games

mustaine
02-02-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm not the biggest Heat fan out there... having said that, they would eat the Bucks.

gotoHcarolina52
02-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Well to the posts directed at me by Heat fans, so sorry you dont like the thread. You can keep yourselves out of it. There is no need to bash me personally for your teams lack of ability to defeat the Bucks.

D Wade has been injured and has showed when hes out Bosh has been more of a factor. One poster suggested bringing him off the bench because it allows Lebron to play better. I guess thats a good compromise from just trading him all together for pieces like I suggested a couple weeks back. Nonetheless this isnt the same heat team from last year. In a condensed season with all these back to backs do you really think they will be able to just turn it up for the playoffs with all those minutes they are logging.

I have read numerous posts about heat fans complaining that Spo is logging them too much time every game just to pull out some of these victories. I highly doubt they will have the gas to "just turn it up" like a lot of you are suggesting. Another thing is that even if they did turn it up the Bucks have smacked them in both meetings this season. They dont have an answer for that team. They didnt lose the game because they werent ready to play. They lost the game because they were out played.

The Bucks clearly have there number for whatever reason. The Heat regardless of matchup are not going to have a cakewalk in the first round to whoever they face. Everyone wants to be the team to knock them out of the playoffs. With that being said if they get the first round matchup against a team who clearly understands how to neuter the heat I would think the Bucks can pull out the series with our without Bogut.

Bucks finna NEUTER THE HEAT!!!!!!! CUT THEM BALLS OFF. SWEEEP!

mjm07
02-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Another "HATE" the HEAT thread by Latinofire.

Fixed it for you.

Bucks could probably pull out a win but the series doesn't go past 5 Games. HEAT in 5.

goNYgoNYgo
02-02-2012, 12:39 PM
ofcourse, all they need to do is sign arenas and he'll take me out

MrfadeawayJB
02-02-2012, 12:50 PM
ummm no

h2r09
02-02-2012, 12:58 PM
LeBron turns himself into a non-factor in the fourth. :p

lebron has shot the exact same as durant, makes and attempts, in the 4th quarter. stop trying to create something that isn't there. he is far and away the best player in the game.

NoahH
02-02-2012, 01:00 PM
lebron has shot the exact same as durant, makes and attempts, in the 4th quarter. stop trying to create something that isn't there. he is far and away the best player in the game.

This

ghettosean
02-02-2012, 01:08 PM
No... Plain and simple sorry bucks fans and I hate the heat but the answer is no.

MU and UW Fan
02-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Could they? Very slim possibility. even if they took it to 6 or 7 games do you think the refs and David Stern would let the Heat get eliminated. No because of their star players and for ratings. It's such BS. Regardless the NBA is loosing a lot of money each year. Maybe try something different Mr. Stern. Look at the NFL. They have a successful business. Yes year in and year out there are teams who are consistently good, but for the it isn't the same winners year in and year out for the most part. Maybe time for a change? No. I forgot it's the NBA. The most rigged league.

time4change
02-02-2012, 01:13 PM

:rolleyes:
I'll take the opinion of NBA exec's and former players over some bratty kid who gets a stiffy in the pants because LBJ can do a windmill dunk

LongIslandIcedZ
02-02-2012, 01:15 PM
I think the only team in the east that can beat the heat is the bulls. And that is a longshot at best

time4change
02-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Could be that he's grasping the position sure but he's never been a great shooter so I'll stick with my original statement of him coming back down to earth eventually. Bogut is out for most of the year then, it's long enough to have a big impact though. NY, a joke? What is so funny about that they have more then enough talent to get hot. How about you do some homework there kid, the Nets are destroyed by injuries right now and if they can ever get healthy they could make a run.

LOL at you thinking the Bucks are a lock for the playoffs.

Read one of my previous statements and you'll clearly see that I never said the Bucks are a lock. Not even close. And your right Jennings isn't going to continue shooting the way he is, but that doesn't mean it isn't building his confidence.

I'm not doubting the talent on NY, I'm saying their a bunch of knuckleheads who don't play defense and only care about the number of shots they get excluding Tyson Chandler of course.

time4change
02-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Stern would never let it happen. Wade and LBJ would shoot 50 FT's combined in game 7.

this/thread

todu82
02-02-2012, 01:28 PM
No, the Bucks might steal a game from Miami but over a 7 game series I can't see Milwaukee winning 4 games.

Rockice_8
02-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Read one of my previous statements and you'll clearly see that I never said the Bucks are a lock. Not even close. And your right Jennings isn't going to continue shooting the way he is, but that doesn't mean it isn't building his confidence.

I'm not doubting the talent on NY, I'm saying their a bunch of knuckleheads who don't play defense and only care about the number of shots they get excluding Tyson Chandler of course.

I see you never said that but when you laugh off the three teams behind them that could knock them out that's exactly what you're saying/inferring.

I'm not saying that you aren't making it but the effect of the Bogut loss hasn't set in yet. Guys usually step up when a big injury happens but to consistently step up over the long haul is something that usually doesn't last.

I have no hatred towards Jennings or MIL but I think the Bogut loss is gonna take it's toll and they are going to miss out on the playoffs. I have no crystal ball, it's just an opinion.

uprightciti
02-02-2012, 01:39 PM
no i dont think they could

smith&wesson
02-02-2012, 01:44 PM
the bucks would get swept.

Heater4life
02-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Bucks finna NEUTER THE HEAT!!!!!!! CUT THEM BALLS OFF. SWEEEP!

lmao!

:laugh2:

iliketurtles24
02-02-2012, 02:00 PM
no, they will be deer in headlights

iliketurtles24
02-02-2012, 02:00 PM
and then roadkill

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-02-2012, 02:16 PM

that is easy

time4change
02-02-2012, 02:24 PM
I see you never said that but when you laugh off the three teams behind them that could knock them out that's exactly what you're saying/inferring.

I'm not saying that you aren't making it but the effect of the Bogut loss hasn't set in yet. Guys usually step up when a big injury happens but to consistently step up over the long haul is something that usually doesn't last.

I have no hatred towards Jennings or MIL but I think the Bogut loss is gonna take it's toll and they are going to miss out on the playoffs. I have no crystal ball, it's just an opinion.

Believe me, I agree with you on this 100%, I think I might be the only guy in the Bucks forum that defends Andrew Bogut, that being said, nobody can deny that these guys are simply playing better without him in the lineup.

Maybe it was because Bogut was out of shape, not recovered from an injury, trust me I believe anything you tell me, but for whatever reason, the team is passing the ball around better, playing more uptempo, playing actually with some passion.

I'm like you I can't tell the future, no crystal ball here either, but for some reason the team seems more confident without him on the court right now. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing that remains to be seen, but you just can't look past the fact that since he's been gone, the team is just completely different, actually ...shall I say it, trying.

This coming from a guy who was at a game a few weeks ago and could have sworn on his life that this team was about to implode.

We'll just have to see what happens from here.

Give me a break I'm a Milwaukee Bucks fan, faithful. WTF have I had to cheer about lately?

Kingz4L
02-02-2012, 02:26 PM
didnt the bulls own the heat last year in the regular season?

gotoHcarolina52
02-02-2012, 02:41 PM
didnt the bulls own the heat last year in the regular season?

Maybe so, but Jennings > Rose

HouRealCoach
02-02-2012, 02:44 PM
I remember last year Heat was 1-7 against Chicago & Boston in the regular season...

Byronicle
02-02-2012, 02:45 PM
you never know if someone could pull an upset

Memphis vs San Antonio
Utah vs Dallas

but most likely it is not going to happen

Mr_Jones
02-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Momma come home

Rockice_8
02-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Believe me, I agree with you on this 100%, I think I might be the only guy in the Bucks forum that defends Andrew Bogut, that being said, nobody can deny that these guys are simply playing better without him in the lineup.

Maybe it was because Bogut was out of shape, not recovered from an injury, trust me I believe anything you tell me, but for whatever reason, the team is passing the ball around better, playing more uptempo, playing actually with some passion.

I'm like you I can't tell the future, no crystal ball here either, but for some reason the team seems more confident without him on the court right now. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing that remains to be seen, but you just can't look past the fact that since he's been gone, the team is just completely different, actually ...shall I say it, trying.

This coming from a guy who was at a game a few weeks ago and could have sworn on his life that this team was about to implode.

We'll just have to see what happens from here.

Give me a break I'm a Milwaukee Bucks fan, faithful. WTF have I had to cheer about lately?

I hear ya, when you lose your best player you have to move the ball better if you're gonna win. I just hope for your sake the loss doesn't catch up to you. If my Nets would ever get healthy I'd like to see them make a run at the 8th seed but when one comes back another goes down. The revolving door is just getting laughable at this point. If we can't get the ship righted then I'd rather see you guys hold on, I like Jennings and Bogut.

It's too bad you'll have to see the Heat or CHI so the party is short lived, but good luck to guys the rest of the way.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-02-2012, 02:55 PM
If Bogut is back fit and healthy and Stephen Jackson is committed, then yes. This could very well be a repeat of the 2007 1st rd between Dallas and Golden State.

Although I think Milwaukee should try to add one or two more role players here and there to throw defenders at Wade and LeBron out on the perimeter to make it a little tougher for them.

sixer04fan
02-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Lol it would be a 4 game sweep for the Heat. Nice try though.

mjm07
02-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Maybe so, but Jennings > Rose

Bucks > Heat

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Never say never though....as a bucks fan I'm just hoping we dump Jackson and make the playoffs

That's absurd, Stephen Jackson is a proven player in the NBA Playoffs.

Look at 2003 Spurs championship team as staring SF and 2007 Warriors that knocked off the #1 seed Dallas Mavericks.

RLundi
02-02-2012, 03:18 PM
No. Jennings is playing much better but I don't trust him to lead anything. He's much too erratic and inconsistent for me.

JordansBulls
02-02-2012, 03:29 PM

Fear the Deer!

They wouldn't beat them.

king4day
02-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Bucks might snag a game at home but I don't think it would be a series. Miami would be able to adjust after poor performances. Now if Bogut is healthy, they MIGHT give Miami some fits. Skiles is a smart coach.

brewboy288
02-02-2012, 03:51 PM
I find it funny that everybody is saying "hell no" "No way". Because weve beaten them twice. At their best. Is it hard to believe? Yea. But if we've done it twice there's no reason we couldn't do it 2 more times.

DeathB4Dishonor
02-02-2012, 03:53 PM
I may honestly be the biggest Brandon Jennings supporter in the world .. loved him since he broke Melo's record at Oak Hill, he has all the potential in the world but to answer the question .. Yes they COULD beat the Heat anything could happen, will they? Doubtful their team is just not good enough in my opinion.

Celtics33
02-02-2012, 05:11 PM
I don't think the Bucks can beat Miami in the playoffs. It would be an interesting series but Miami would win.

CubZwin38
02-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Impossible? No. Probable? No. Bogut's or Wade's health come playoff time doesn't even factor into my answer that much.

CubZwin38
02-02-2012, 05:51 PM
I feel like more people should respond to the poll. I can't be the only one that thinks it's possible. Very unlikely but the poll read Can they? not is it likely?

Ryan328
02-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Probably Miami in 6 at most

Giannis94
02-02-2012, 06:41 PM
lmfao.

After an autrocious start to the season the Bucks have beat:
heat (x2)
Lal (might as well change this one to lol)
New York

In the last couple of games. Give some respect when it is due. They have a deeper bench than Miami and are more passive with the ball always willing to find the open shot. Not going to say the Bucks would take them down but they already won the seasons series.

eddiev22
02-02-2012, 06:44 PM
I also hate the heat but No. thats even if Milwaukee make the playoffs, I still think NewYork will get the 8th seed

njnets
02-02-2012, 07:48 PM
if any team were to be an 8 seed and beat the heat it would be the bucks...with that being said though, slim chance. better than any other team in their position though when it comes to this matchup

Zetterberg40
02-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Of course they could crazier things have and will continue to happen, is it very likely I am with the majority and say the heat would beat them in 5. But anything could happen injuries prehaps to a couple of the Heats key players. Anyone who says no chance imo is wrong anyone has a chance to beat anyone the Bucks just don't have a really good one lol.

beasted86
02-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Last year the HEAT couldn't beat the Bulls in the regular season (0-3), and couldn't beat the Celtics during the regular season (1-4). They said we wouldn't get past them in the playoffs...

Miami is not invincible, I'm just saying take regular season wins with a grain of salt.

gotoHcarolina52
02-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Not only can the Bucks take Miami out, but they can beat them in 5 or 6 games.

lavilevi23
02-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Not only can the Bucks take Miami out, but they can beat them in 5 or 6 games.

U should really shut up already. Not even half funny.

Gram
02-03-2012, 12:29 AM
U should really shut up already. Not even half funny.

Oh shut up and just get banned again. ;)

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Bishnoff
02-03-2012, 01:18 AM
No chance.

lavilevi23
02-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Some1 lock this.

Evolution23
02-03-2012, 01:49 AM
if the games are close the bucks can easily take out the Heat.

latinofire21
02-03-2012, 02:17 AM
Last year the HEAT couldn't beat the Bulls in the regular season (0-3), and couldn't beat the Celtics during the regular season (1-4). They said we wouldn't get past them in the playoffs...

Miami is not invincible, I'm just saying take regular season wins with a grain of salt.

First thing we have ever agreed on.

Condensed Season - Lots of Back to Backs - Big three logging major minutes - is a recipe for disaster. Wade already went down for a ton of games for a foot injury. The team isnt as deep as Heat fans want you to believe. If Spo keeps logging those minutes nightly for LBJ Wade and Bosh you know they wont be able to "turn it up a notch" like everyone seems to believe they will be able to when the playoffs come around.

I think with that being said any first round matchup can be a nightmare for the Heat. There isnt one team in the current top 8 that couldnt give them a run for their money right now. The Bucks especially have their number. I think you guys underestimating the rest of the league is going to lead to another early exit.

shizzle09
02-03-2012, 05:23 AM

Fear the Deer!

Bulls vs heat reg season last year 3-0. Playoff series ended 4-1 heat. Rotations will be diff. Playoffs are a different monster

SportsFanatic10
02-03-2012, 05:46 AM
honestly can't see it happening unless both lebron and wade are out with injuries. and even then bosh might be enough lol.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-03-2012, 05:49 AM
I think Bucks big 3 of Jennings/Jackson/Gooden > Heat big 3 of Wade/Bosh/James.

This is why Milwaukee will eliminate Miami. ;)

(Imagine if Bucks get back Bogut :speechless:)

time4change
02-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Hey someone should find a poll from last year and see how many bandwagon Heat fans guaranteed a Championship last year.

There was no way The Bron wouldn't win one last year...Remember.

How'd that prediction play out.

Crazier things have happened, and if Wade is off in the fourth quarter, you know The Bron won't be able to dig them out.

Thats saying it'll be close in the 4th.lol

bringbackfredex
02-03-2012, 05:52 AM
No, as a matter of fact I would be shocked if anyone beat Miami this year, let alone a young Bucks team.

The Big 3 are averaging over 20 PPG each, and have more than a year together under their belt. No one will even win more than 2 games against them in a playoff series, book it.

bringbackfredex
02-03-2012, 06:18 AM
Hey someone should find a poll from last year and see how many bandwagon Heat fans guaranteed a Championship last year.

There was no way The Bron wouldn't win one last year...Remember.

How'd that prediction play out.

Crazier things have happened, and if Wade is off in the fourth quarter, you know The Bron won't be able to dig them out.

Thats saying it'll be close in the 4th.lol

People really listen to Skip Bayless way too much, it's sort of ridiculous in a way. I don't like LeBron, but he's the best all-around player in the league, period.

If you've ever played basketball, you would know that you don't hit every 4th quarter shot or game winner. That doesn't take away from his game at all, so I don't know how you can definitively say that he won't be able to dig them out if they're down late in a game. If he keeps taking them, I'm sure he'll hit quite a few of them before his career is over.

time4change
02-03-2012, 07:39 AM
People really listen to Skip Bayless way too much, it's sort of ridiculous in a way. I don't like LeBron, but he's the best all-around player in the league, period.

If you've ever played basketball, you would know that you don't hit every 4th quarter shot or game winner. That doesn't take away from his game at all, so I don't know how you can definitively say that he won't be able to dig them out if they're down late in a game. If he keeps taking them, I'm sure he'll hit quite a few of them before his career is over.

Never watch him. Hate him personally, think he is an idiot, nice try though.

And right now I'd probably agree. But that doesn't mean that he has struggled in critical situations, when his team needs him the most.

So then your saying Lebron James hasn't shown an inability to show up in final stages of most critical games?:eyebrow:

theheatles
02-03-2012, 09:23 AM
the extreme sports propaganda network is too impressionable on pre teens like latinofire

Fnom11
02-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Never watch him. Hate him personally, think he is an idiot, nice try though.

And right now I'd probably agree. But that doesn't mean that he has struggled in critical situations, when his team needs him the most.

So then your saying Lebron James hasn't shown an inability to show up in final stages of most critical games?:eyebrow:

It's funny you mention "most critical games", would that mean like the Playoffs? Those Playoffs where he hit clutch shot after clutch shot in the Bulls and Celtics series?

People like you are so silly and delusional.

It's also you're*, not your. Two different words that mean two different things.

Fnom11
02-03-2012, 09:45 AM
First thing we have ever agreed on.

Condensed Season - Lots of Back to Backs - Big three logging major minutes - is a recipe for disaster. Wade already went down for a ton of games for a foot injury. The team isnt as deep as Heat fans want you to believe. If Spo keeps logging those minutes nightly for LBJ Wade and Bosh you know they wont be able to "turn it up a notch" like everyone seems to believe they will be able to when the playoffs come around.

I think with that being said any first round matchup can be a nightmare for the Heat. There isnt one team in the current top 8 that couldnt give them a run for their money right now. The Bucks especially have their number. I think you guys underestimating the rest of the league is going to lead to another early exit.

Kevin Love , MIN
Luol Deng , CHI
Marc Gasol , MEM
Kobe Bryant , LAL
Monta Ellis , GSW
Dwight Howard , ORL
Derrick Rose , CHI
Pau Gasol , LAL
Deron Williams , NJN
Kevin Durant , OKC
Rudy Gay , MEM
Blake Griffin , LAC
David Lee , GSW
Rajon Rondo , BOS
All average within a minute or more minutes than Lebron. I guess the whole heavy minutes thing only applies to Lebron though right?

JasonJohnHorn
02-03-2012, 01:37 PM
I'd put my money on the Heat, but that's not to say the Bucks couldnt do it. The Bucks would win the center and PG match-ups, but would those match-ups and their bench make up for the fact that the Heat win the PF, SF and SG match ups?

My money would be on the Heat, my hopes with the Bucks.

latinofire21
02-03-2012, 02:05 PM
the extreme sports propaganda network is too impressionable on pre teens like latinofire

For once can you get up off your seat on the Heats bandwagon and add something to the conversation. I didnt get this idea from ESPN so you can shove it with that previous statement.

The facts show the Bucks manhandled the Heat, I dont care what happened last year with the Bulls vs the Heat and the Celtics vs the Heat. Are they the Bucks?

Did last year allow for teams to have a full training camp so they didnt have to get in playing shape playing regular season games? Did last year allow for more space between back to backs? Did last year have all star voting start in the first 10 games of the season lol?

Comparing last year to this year is completely flawed in any arguement your trying to generate. This season is a completely different beast. There is a reason why the Nuggets and the Sixers are doing much better then the rest of the league. THey are deep teams. The Heat are a 3 man show. If one of them goes down in injury they arent this juggernaut you speak of.

This automatic championship idea is a bit silly. They last to a COMPLETE Dallas team. They are playing in a season that caters to deep teams due to scheduling, but hey they got it in the bag right? lol

Maybe you need to go back to the drawing board and add something to the conversation ok teenager?

On other notes the person who said they are averaging 20 a game each doesnt really understand how those points were accrued. Boshs numbers skyrocketed when Wade was out. Coincidence? I dont think so. Not enough shots to go around to allow all three of them to score 20 a night. Lebron and Wade are volume shooters so it doesnt help Bosh much when both are in the game. If you look at the averages when all three play together you will see bosh is usually around 12 points a game. No where near 20.

Either way to say the Bucks have no chance knocking them out is a pretty silly assumption. In a season that gives no forgiveness for fatigue or injury its quite obvious the Heat have their backs to the wall the current way they are playing.

latinofire21
02-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Kevin Love , MIN
Luol Deng , CHI
Marc Gasol , MEM
Kobe Bryant , LAL
Monta Ellis , GSW
Dwight Howard , ORL
Derrick Rose , CHI
Pau Gasol , LAL
Deron Williams , NJN
Kevin Durant , OKC
Rudy Gay , MEM
Blake Griffin , LAC
David Lee , GSW
Rajon Rondo , BOS
All average within a minute or more minutes than Lebron. I guess the whole heavy minutes thing only applies to Lebron though right?

Luol Deng , CHI - deep team playoff contender
Marc Gasol , MEM - deep team playoff contender
Kobe Bryant , LAL - deep team playoff contender
Monta Ellis , GSW - lottery bound
Dwight Howard , ORL - wont be in Orlando by the trade deadline
Derrick Rose , CHI - deep team playoff contender
Pau Gasol , LAL - deep team playoff contender
Deron Williams , NJN - lottery bound
Kevin Durant , OKC - deep team playoff contender
Rudy Gay , MEM - deep team playoff contender
Blake Griffin , LAC - deep team playoff run
David Lee , GSW - lottery bound
Rajon Rondo , BOS - playoff bound

No it doesnt only apply to Lebron but all the teams listed above have deeper teams then the Heat. The others listed on that list arent even playoff bound. It still caters to my arguement that the Heat arent built for a championship this year.