PDA

View Full Version : Your Perception of Michael Jordan

ayuntalo
02-02-2012, 01:15 AM
we all know that MJ is considered the greatest player of all time.
but with what happened on the lockout;
Jordan being one of the Hard line owners
and perceived as the leader of those owners that doesnt really want a season even-though he was a former player and the Key to solving the Lockout in the 90's when he told the Wizards owner to just sell the team if he cant run it.

how did your perception of Jordan Changed because of the lock out?

Cal827
02-02-2012, 01:19 AM
I lost respect for him... but looking back, it's not like NBA players are exactly smart.. He probably was too dumb to know the impact of financial commitments in certain markets.

Hawkeye15
02-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Nothing changed. This is the man who drafted Adam Morrison and Kwame Brown. His complete deficiencies evaluating players is obvious, hence why fans shouldn't buy into ex-players opinions without an explanation that is real.

None of that changes the fact that he was the best basketball player to ever walk the planet. And any argument against that will come up with flaws.

McPeak92
02-02-2012, 01:24 AM
I couldn't care less. I will always judge him for what he was, the biggest superstar the NBA has ever seen. Whatever he does as a owner, that's the Bobcats problem.

mttwlsn16
02-02-2012, 01:24 AM
GOAT as a player
joke at his job now
dbag as a person

but still, GOAT GOAT GOAT on the court

ayuntalo
02-02-2012, 01:26 AM
yeah... he seems like im the Greatest to play the game, i can handle things related to basketball, All of them.. and he failed on everything NBA outside of being a player

C_Mund
02-02-2012, 01:40 AM
Everybody here seems to agree.
Some of his hard-line approach to ownership could also be because in his entire career he probably made about as much money as somebody like Shawn Marion (I'm talking salary, not endorsements). I'm at work and don't have time to look up the actual figures, but I'm pretty sure MJ didn't even start making 10+ million per season until his last run with the Bulls. Being the GOAT and seeing kids come out of high school to money you couldn't imagine at their age must kinda eat away at somebody as competitive as Jordan.

Voodoo Alchemy
02-02-2012, 01:44 AM
I lost respect for him... but looking back, it's not like NBA players are exactly smart.. He probably was too dumb to know the impact of financial commitments in certain markets.

then stop buying his shoes.

he's the GOAT with 8 rings!

Cal827
02-02-2012, 01:54 AM
then stop buying his shoes.

he's the GOAT with 8 rings!

Never have. and 8 rings? I don't think Wedding Rings count :D

Sactown
02-02-2012, 02:09 AM
One of the greatest to play and a puppet of NIKE

Laces-Out
02-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Met him in person at a golf tourney.....Dick is all i gotta say but he looked kinda trashed but as a player GOAT....

JasonJohnHorn
02-02-2012, 06:12 AM
I've always respected the talent, but I've never liked the guy. He is arrogant and doesnt give enough credit to those around him who helped him win 6 titles, and coupled with that he got so many calls his way and if one went the other way he was the first one to complain about the officiating when the officials likely helped him more than any other players. We all know the big names get calls, but Jordan got more than anybody.

As for his hardline stance with the CBA, it dislike him even more, it made him look like a hypocrite and he just can't seem to figure out how to put a team together considering the trades and draft picks he's made.