PDA

View Full Version : Should Dwyane Wade come off the bench?

Longhornfan1234
02-01-2012, 11:47 PM
The Heat actually run an offense when he is out, everything filters through King James and everyone gets open looks in rhythm. Bosh gets completely lost a lot of the time when Wade plays and Wade and King James just take turns going 1 on 1.

Thoughts?

Raps08-09 Champ
02-01-2012, 11:49 PM
He's never get disrespected like that.

Though he is their best trading piece.

bholly
02-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Wow. Um, no. No he shouldn't.

HouRealCoach
02-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Close this thread

BigBongTheory
02-02-2012, 12:06 AM
of course people are going to over react, but it wouldn't be that bad of an idea, coming off the bench doesn't mean you wont get 30+ minutes a night, doesn't mean your not "the guy" and doesn't mean the offense isn't going to run through you. alot of great players come off the bench, jamal crawford, lamar odom(last year, when he could be considered), jason terry, oj mayo(not great, but you get the idea). he could still play minutes with james on the floor obviously, but the bulk of his minutes would be him leading the offense on his own when everyone else is resting. Or even have him play more minutes with bosh on the floor because they compliment each other more. just my opinion though, one of many others.

NightMayer1558
02-02-2012, 12:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h00oBDCODs

Adjust the wording a bit, but still.

meloman1592
02-02-2012, 12:12 AM
I thought of this actually and I think the Heat would be MUCH better if Wade was the 6th man...not saying he isn't starter material or one of the best players the league has ever seen, but the Heat just look better when Lebron has complete control

naps
02-02-2012, 12:14 AM
NO. I can't recall when was the last time a top 5 player came off the bench.

This guy is obsessed with Wade hating. He makes a Wade thread every time Heat lose a game.

He has only 98 posts so far but 37 threads (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/search.php?searchid=20007774) :speechless: Most of them are potential bait/troll threads.

LAKobeBryant
02-02-2012, 12:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h00oBDCODs

Adjust the wording a bit, but still.

^enough said, why everyone blaming wade when heat lose.

Slug3
02-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Omg whenever Miami loses a game crap like this comes out.

ManningToTyree
02-02-2012, 12:23 AM
He is arguably a top 3 player and a future HOFer. :facepalm:

lakersfan01
02-02-2012, 12:26 AM
NO, unless you aren't a Heat fan, then sure. Yeah have Wade come off the bench next time they play the Lakers lol.

BoilerMan013
02-02-2012, 12:27 AM
It's actually not a bad premise. In theory though, LeBron plays most of the game anyway so it wouldn't affect more than just a good rotation would. With him getting no starts though it would be the most lopsided 6th man of the year contest ever.

KB24PG16
I don't think it would really change he would probably still get starters minutes and play in crunch time

Sadds The Gr8
yes

C-Style
yes, Like Gino

Swashcuff
02-02-2012, 12:30 AM
How long have some of you guys been fans of Basketball? Hell even sports on a whole? Why do you guys keep living the in moment. Dwyane Wade is a great player and is going to get his. LeBron has recently said that his and Wade's chemistry is better than ever. Why on earth should Wade come off the bench. He was hardly the problem tonight.

Oh and this post isn't directed at the OP he's a Wade hating troll who's only going to last a little while longer around here before he's permabanned. It's directed at those who may even think of agreeing with him.

Sox72
02-02-2012, 12:34 AM
This thread HAD to be made strictly to troll.

Longhornfan1234
02-02-2012, 12:36 AM
This thread HAD to be made strictly to troll.

:facepalm:

No... what did I say that was untrue? The Heat's offense is better without Dwyane Tyrone Wade.

lavilevi23
02-02-2012, 12:43 AM
:facepalm:

No... what did I say that was untrue? The Heat's offense is better without Dwyane Tyrone Wade.

PSD's quality is better without Longhornfan1234 The Troll. Wade Hater.

lavilevi23
02-02-2012, 12:44 AM
NO. I can't recall when was the last time a top 5 player came off the bench.

This guy is obsessed with Wade hating. He makes a Wade thread every time Heat lose a game.

He has only 98 posts so far but 37 threads (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/search.php?searchid=20007774) :speechless: Most of them are potential bait/troll threads.

This. Never in my life have I seen such a huge Wade hater.

LA_Raiders
02-02-2012, 12:54 AM
Trade him for DWill & Lopez..

Dwill/LeBroom/Bosh/Lopez

DerekRE_3
02-02-2012, 02:23 AM
Absolutely. Whenever the Heat lose, one of the big three should come off the bench the next game.

Zefflin
02-02-2012, 02:27 AM
It actually makes sense, he'd get 6 man of the year award too, and would be hard to form a defense around...

UPRock
02-02-2012, 02:38 AM
No :facepalm:.

Birdmannn
02-02-2012, 02:41 AM
As a Lebron fan above all else, I still don't believe Wade should come off the bench. What they need to do is play off each other and not just on fast breaks and steals. Wade needs to move and create with out the ball way more, Lebron too.

utl768
02-02-2012, 02:43 AM
more panick

bringinwood
02-02-2012, 02:44 AM
D-Wade is a top 3 player in the NBA...

He's the best SG by a substantial margin, at this point...

He is right behind D12 and LBJ...

Spolestra will find a way to get them all in sync or he'll be fired for someone that can...

More-Than-Most
02-02-2012, 02:50 AM
Iggy+ for wade? How would that work out?

OaklandsFinest
02-02-2012, 02:53 AM
I don't think him coming off the bench is where its best executed.. Start Wade, but pull him at the beginning of the second quarter, then sit Lebron round the 4 or 5 min mark in the second quarter and bring in Cole, Wade, etc. Start Wade again mid way through the third quater, bring him back in the 4th. That way its not so much a disrespect, but a rotating so you have your two best players on the floor at all times, and leading two different attacks.

OaklandsFinest
02-02-2012, 02:55 AM
The fact is Wade is still not a great shooter, and not a good spot up shooter, Lebron though a better jump shooter than Wade, isn't that kind of player either.

C_Mund
02-02-2012, 02:58 AM
I know it won't ever happen but that doesn't mean the OP is trying to troll. Maybe he is, but whatever.
I actually think this would be the ultimate weapon. I mean, how many teams has Jason Terry absolutely TORCHED while coming off the bench? Now imagine that....except for our purposes Jason Terry is Dwyane ****ing Wade. Seriously. All it means is that Lebron and Bosh will go crazy for five minutes before Wade comes in, then the rest of the game plays out as normal. I think it'd be a good way to get a few other teammates involved in the game before handing over the reins.

Birdmannn
02-02-2012, 03:00 AM
The fact is Wade is still not a great shooter, and not a good spot up shooter, Lebron though a better jump shooter than Wade, isn't that kind of player either.

Exactly and Miller fits his role well and shoots quite good, and when Miller doesn't feel like shooting there is always Cole willing to put it up.

Zefflin
02-02-2012, 03:06 AM
D-Wade is a top 3 player in the NBA...

He's the best SG by a substantial margin, at this point...

:rolleyes:

Trade Wade for Kobe straight up and you'd cream in your pants. Lol at wade fans still trying that bs...every owner in the nba would take kb over wade...jesus

bringinwood
02-02-2012, 03:10 AM

Trade Wade for Kobe straight up and you'd cream in your pants. Lol at wade fans still trying that bs...every owner in the nba would take kb over wade...jesus

I'd take Wade every day and twice on Sunday these days...

5 years ago and you have a point...

I understand your point, but I certainly dont agree with it...

BTW, I think most people, today, would take Wade over Kobe...

But, I could be wrong...

Marlin234
02-02-2012, 03:29 AM
I have had this thought since last season. But his ego is to big. I don't think it would happen. UNLESS depending on match ups wade starts some games while lebrons comes off thee bench and vise versa

ramz.n
02-02-2012, 03:35 AM
its still wade's team...hes the 2nd best sg in the game..how could you justify sending ur franchise player whos been loyal to you his entire career, who gets paid 15+m, brought a championship to miami and recruited 2 other star players knowing he could have to sacrifice his touches in order to try and win more titles and did I mention the 2nd best sg in the game off the bench ?!?

Birdmannn
02-02-2012, 03:46 AM
its still wade's team...hes the 2nd best sg in the game..how could you justify sending ur franchise player whos been loyal to you his entire career, who gets paid 15+m, brought a championship to miami and recruited 2 other star players knowing he could have to sacrifice his touches in order to try and win more titles and did I mention the 2nd best sg in the game off the bench ?!?

You did and everything you said is right

xILLN355
02-02-2012, 04:12 AM
wade just needs to develop a 3

BigEric
02-02-2012, 04:15 AM
First off I'm a Kings fan and let's just end this discussion.. Kobe>Wade. And I hate the Lakers. Wades not top 3... Lebron, Kobe, Durant, Howard, Rose are all players that are better now and id argue marginably.

Wade shouldn't come off of the bench, he should take 1000 shots in the gym on off nights and in the off season because if he's going to be used to his full potential, he'll need to be a better spot up shooter. Plus, his bodies wearing down on him, a change in his game would kill two birds with one stone. He can't be the player that holds the ball for 17 seconds anymore, he's just not what he used to be. Lebron is better than ever and he needs to feed into Lebrons game.

And once again I'm not trollin, I'm tellin the truth. Not blaming the loss on Wade because he seems like the darkhorse sscapegoat . Wade and Lebron don't feed into each other, hell, wade, bosh, and lebron certainly don't get the most out of their talent.

Durant is hype
02-02-2012, 05:02 AM
How long have some of you guys been fans of Basketball? Hell even sports on a whole? Why do you guys keep living the in moment. Dwyane Wade is a great player and is going to get his. LeBron has recently said that his and Wade's chemistry is better than ever. Why on earth should Wade come off the bench. He was hardly the problem tonight.

Oh and this post isn't directed at the OP he's a Wade hating troll who's only going to last a little while longer around here before he's permabanned. It's directed at those who may even think of agreeing with him.

I respect your opinion very much. Do you watch them in the half-court set? It's terrible! There both average off the ball players at best, they DO NOT complement each other. Dwyane is a great player and he HAS to start deferring to Lebron a lot more than he has.

PS: This is not because of me overreacting after one game,this is over observing one year of the Wade & James experiment. Wade doesn't elevate his teammates level of play anymore. They thing that's ironic is if he defers to LBJ he WILL GET BETTER LOOKS! instead he forces the action(which isn't bad unless you have the best all around player on your team).

And if you want to rebuttal and say Westbrook forces the issue or Rose too, this is not a Westbrook-Durant situation,which is probably the problem since Durant is better off the ball player and Westbrook is better. on ball. Those two complement each other much better in the half court set.

naps
02-02-2012, 08:01 AM
This baitfest needs to be closed. You don't bench a top 3 player and the greatest shooting guard on the planet. Retards.

h2r09
02-02-2012, 08:13 AM

no they wouldn't. people seem to think kobe is a lot better of a shooter than he is. he isn't all that efficient from 3, and i believe he is a worse 3 point shooter than wade or its at least close.v not to mention wade plays an all around game.

ldawg
02-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Yes it would maximize the teams ability. Miami is just putting good players on the floor. Why in the world would they need Kenyon Martin? dont they Have Bosh and Haslem already? how many balls the game is played with. Now back to the question Yes they would be a better team.

jerellh528
02-02-2012, 08:40 AM
I'd take Wade every day and twice on Sunday these days...

5 years ago and you have a point...

I understand your point, but I certainly dont agree with it...

BTW, I think most people, today, would take Wade over Kobe...

But, I could be wrong...

kobe is only 3 years older than wade, and not as injury prone. Kobe also seems to try and improve facets of his game year in and year out, evidence being he is having his best statistical season since 06..cant say the same about ol wade

jerellh528
02-02-2012, 08:41 AM
No way wade should come off the bench

aussie
02-02-2012, 09:06 AM
do people think?

Swashcuff
02-02-2012, 09:56 AM
I respect your opinion very much. Do you watch them in the half-court set? It's terrible! There both average off the ball players at best, they DO NOT complement each other. Dwyane is a great player and he HAS to start deferring to Lebron a lot more than he has.

Who says they don't compliment on another? They made it to the NBA Finals in their first year together and played fantastically together on more occasions than not. Wade has already started deferring to LeBron as LeBron has done to Wade in the crunch.

PS: This is not because of me overreacting after one game,this is over observing one year of the Wade & James experiment. Wade doesn't elevate his teammates level of play anymore. They thing that's ironic is if he defers to LBJ he WILL GET BETTER LOOKS! instead he forces the action(which isn't bad unless you have the best all around player on your team).

I don't get this. I've observed the LeBron/Wade situation quite a lot and despite the fact that they have had their struggles at times they have had much more great (not just good but great) games together than bad.

And if you want to rebuttal and say Westbrook forces the issue or Rose too, this is not a Westbrook-Durant situation,which is probably the problem since Durant is better off the ball player and Westbrook is better. on ball. Those two complement each other much better in the half court set.

:confused:

Why would I say that? The reason why Wade and LeBron have had issues in the half court isn't because they don't play well off the ball its because on any given night they tend to be a bit shaky when executing in the half court.

Also one thing I think you're getting away from is the fact that the OP suggested that Wade should come off the bench. How does coming off the bench fix any of the perceived issues they're having?

JordansBulls
02-02-2012, 09:56 AM
So put a guy on the bench who actually led your franchise to it's only title when you are still in your prime?:confused:

Vampirate
02-02-2012, 03:49 PM
If I was Miami a strategy might be for the first 3 quarters to always have 1 of the 3 on the bench while the other 2 on the floor. This way you will always have 1 Superstar ready when the other needs to take a rest.

Then when it's the forth quarter have all 3 on the floor when the second half of the quarter to overpower the opponent for the win.

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-02-2012, 03:53 PM
I think what D-Wade has to do with the Miami Heat is take on the Kobe Bryant Olympic Role.

When you have talented scorers already in the starting lineup, you want to have a dominant alpha male defensive player, and that's what Kobe was. Wade has to let LeBron orchestrate the offense and have his certain moments on there, you want LeBron to be setting the table for guys like himself, Bosh, Wade etc. Wade should exert his energy as the main defensive perimeter anchor out there for Miami.

This way, Wade will still be in the starting lineup.

justinnum1
02-02-2012, 03:53 PM
crazy talk

Durant is hype
02-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Who says they don't compliment on another? They made it to the NBA Finals in their first year together and played fantastically together on more occasions than not. Wade has already started deferring to LeBron as LeBron has done to Wade in the crunch.

Just shows how talented those two guys,nothing more,nothing less.

I don't get this. I've observed the LeBron/Wade situation quite a lot and despite the fact that they have had their struggles at times they have had much more great (not just good but great) games together than bad.

Of course there going to have good games! There freaking Dwyane Wade & Lebron James. I'm referring to there HALFCOURT set when the game slows down,they have no chemistry together.

I think people referred to this a lot last year when discussing the team: Wade & James take turns in the halfcourt set. When Wade has the ball James in the corner,vice versa. They don't maximize each others talents. A prime example is Wade still works so hard to get his points,even with a Lebron James and a Chris Bosh.

Why would I say that? The reason why Wade and LeBron have had issues in the half court isn't because they don't play well off the ball its because on any given night they tend to be a bit shaky when executing in the half court.

Can you elaborate on that? One of the reasons is more times than not they don't execute a halfcourt other than PNR,both guys are comfortable more with the ball in hand.

Also one thing I think you're getting away from is the fact that the OP suggested that Wade should come off the bench. How does coming off the bench fix any of the perceived issues they're having?

I hate to sound pessimistic,but that won't solve anything come playoff time. There going to be on the court together & in the playoffs its going to be close games,where the margin of error is smaller for these guys.
Possessions count more & they can't waste it on hero ball(5,4,3,2,1 BS).

At the end of the day though when a team has Wade & James & much improved Miami heat bench is chemistry going to matter as much? Probably not,but it does matter if they there going to win multiple champions.

Just my 2 cents.

Lake_Show2416
02-02-2012, 04:37 PM
who sits their best player?

mjm07
02-02-2012, 04:45 PM
who sits their best player?

The originator of this thread would.

HEAT would never do that.

RCarlson85
02-02-2012, 05:16 PM
I don't think Wade should come off the bench, but I do believe that the rotations should be arranged so that one of either Lebron or Wade is on the court at all times, unless of course the game is out of hand.

Right now, it seems like Wade goes to the bench toward the end the 1st qtr and then Lebron goes to the bench at the start of the 2nd qtr or a few minutes into the 2nd qtr. There always seems to be a time where both of them are on the bench together which makes no sense to me. Let them each have a point in the game where they're the #1 option while the other rests.

vdv36
02-02-2012, 05:23 PM
:facepalm: Idiot!

kdspurman
02-02-2012, 05:38 PM
I've actually thought he should come off the bench. The offense will be fine with Lebron running the show, he'll get his then Wade will be the first guy off the bench with that. Sure you have to be the right kind of personality to do it, but if it's what's best for the team I don't see why not.

It worked wonders in 05 when Pop started bringing Manu off the bench, cause he ran the show with the 2nd unit and gave them the spark they needed. Not so much cause he couldn't play with the starters, but he's the kind of player that can play with the 2nd unit and create for them and himself.

valade16
02-02-2012, 05:45 PM
I don't think Wade should come off the bench but I will say Spoelstra is an idiot if one of the big 3 isn't on the floor for every minute of the game. His rotation should make sure one of them is out there at all times.

Rockice_8
02-02-2012, 05:46 PM
The more they play together the better they'll play.

NO he needs to be in there.

kdspurman
02-02-2012, 06:02 PM
This doesn't mean Wade wouldn't be in during critical stretches. All it means is both guys at least get to get going and have some rhythm, and at the end of games, they're not deferring to 1 guy to bail them out as the offense won't be as stagnant. It also gives the 2nd unit more confidence.

The big names will stay play with one another during the game, just less. There's only 1 ball and 3 guys who need it.

Celtics33
02-02-2012, 06:44 PM
No

Jint.
02-02-2012, 07:04 PM
nope.

beasted86
02-02-2012, 10:38 PM
The Heat actually run an offense when he is out, everything filters through King James and everyone gets open looks in rhythm. Bosh gets completely lost a lot of the time when Wade plays and Wade and King James just take turns going 1 on 1.

Thoughts?

My thoughts...

I'm not trying to bait or troll, and I'm not just some dumb homer.. but being honest, I think you don't actually watch the HEAT play.

Go back and watch from the 4:30 minute mark in the 1st quarter to the beginning of the 2nd... and the 3rd quarter to the beginning of the 4th of last night's game, and just about every Miami game this season. If you still think the HEAT run an offense when LeBron is in the game, then there's nothing else I can really say.

I'm not a homer, I'm not a LeBron hater or a Wade fanboy, just please go do what I'm asking and educate yourself on how the team actually plays, then come back and start a thread. But please don't post threads without watching the team.

ldawg
02-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Because of Lebron i would say yes. But he can start but they need to change his role the team plays better when Bosh get more touches.

sventhedog
02-02-2012, 11:31 PM
it's an option but the bottomline is you can't have your top 3 players unable to play at the same time.

Gram
02-03-2012, 12:36 AM
He should, just to get more people on PSD pissed. :laugh2:

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Threads like this is what makes me hate PSD more and more.

I mean really, wtf is the point of this? Its obvious that it wont happen and it would be ******** to do so.

Gram
02-03-2012, 12:40 AM

I mean really, wtf is the point of this? Its obvious that it wont happen and it would be ******** to do so.

Don't go on PSD then? :shrug:

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Don't go on PSD then? :shrug:

I actually come on for rumors and what not like i used to before i signed up. I mean it is getting ridiculous. So many useless threads and half of them are about the HEAT.

Gram
02-03-2012, 12:46 AM
I actually come on for rumors and what not like i used to before i signed up. I mean it is getting ridiculous. So many useless threads and half of them are about the HEAT.

Lol I hate the Heat.

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Lol I hate the Heat.

Cool.

Gram
02-03-2012, 12:57 AM
Cool.

You think so? ;)

Cfrey
02-03-2012, 01:01 AM
the ignorant fans are blinded by the reasonability

Evolution23
02-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Yes. Instant offense.

Evolution23
02-03-2012, 01:56 AM

u mad?

Longhornfan1234
02-03-2012, 02:14 AM

Is that you Dwyane Tyrone Wade? :laugh::laugh:

You mad, bro?

The point is the Heat's offense is better without Dwyane Tyrone Wade.

SportsFanatic10
02-03-2012, 05:48 AM
and longhornfan continues his streak of pathetic wade hating threads...lol

Trueblue2
02-03-2012, 06:23 AM
He absolutely should not come off the bench, he and lebron have only played together for a little more than a season they need to figure out how to coexist on the floor together. Theyre still trying to build chemistry and learn how to play with one another on the court. When they figure out how to play well with one another they will be unstoppable, last year they were still figuring it out and they made it to the finals. When they really start figuring it out either by the end of this season or next year their offense will be even better than it is now, that's a scary thought. It's worth it for them to lose a few games here and there now so they can dominate in the future.

h2r09
02-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Is that you Dwyane Tyrone Wade? :laugh::laugh:

You mad, bro?

you are dumb. plain and simple. the heat is more efficient with wade.

Odominator
02-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Maybe Spo should do a better job with rotating Bron and Wade in the line-up, keeping one on at a time...?

pd1dish
02-03-2012, 12:43 PM
honestly, my friends and i were sitting around watching a game during the time that Wade was hurt, and we all think the Heat play better when one of Lebron/Wade isnt on the floor. idk what the average numbers are or if they are actually better, but the offense looks much more fluid when they dont have to worry about making sure that they both get the ball.

i still think they should trade Wade for either another star, such as Dwight Howard, or for a bunch of good players that can surround Lebron and Bosh. although, i could never see the Heat trading away Wade since hes been there his whole career.

h2r09
02-03-2012, 03:14 PM
honestly, my friends and i were sitting around watching a game during the time that Wade was hurt, and we all think the Heat play better when one of Lebron/Wade isnt on the floor. idk what the average numbers are or if they are actually better, but the offense looks much more fluid when they dont have to worry about making sure that they both get the ball.

i still think they should trade Wade for either another star, such as Dwight Howard, or for a bunch of good players that can surround Lebron and Bosh. although, i could never see the Heat trading away Wade since hes been there his whole career.

which is why you can't base your opinion simply off of what looks more fluid. the heat are far more efficient when all 3 play. that is a fact.

naps
05-24-2012, 11:00 PM

Indeed.

Avenged
05-25-2012, 12:44 AM
Stop bumping old threads. We get it.