PDA

View Full Version : GT: February Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

jetsfan89
02-01-2012, 04:41 PM
http://medias.thehockeynews.com/medias/logorankings/NHL/16.gif (http://rangers.nhl.com/)
(31-12-5)

Lineup

New York Rangers

http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/10542.gif http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/6917.gif http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/2096.gif http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/6209.gif http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/5546.gif
Carl Hagelin---Derek Stepan---Marian Gaborik---Ryan McDonagh---Dan Girardi

Goalie

http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/2585.gif
Henrik Lundqvist

GP: 28 | W: 17 | L: 7 | OT: 4 | SV% .937 | GAA: 1.92 | SO: 3

STATS

Rangers

Goals: Marian Gaborik | 25
Assists: Derek Stepan | 21
+/-: Michael Del Zotto | +24
Hits: Ryan Callahan | 173
Blocks: Dan Girardi | 121
PIM: Brandon Prust | 92
FO%: Brian Boyle | 52.0

IAmARanger18
02-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Lets do this tonight, should be able to beat Buffalo tonight!

jetsfan89
02-01-2012, 05:40 PM
It's that time of the season - 24 scouts have been assigned press box seats for tonight's Rangers-Sabres game.

https://twitter.com/#!/AGrossRecord/status/164823247320391680

IAmARanger18
02-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Lets hope they are Ducks scouts!

NYR_NYJ
02-01-2012, 09:12 PM
It looks like the Prust-Boyle-Fed line is starting to play like they were last year.

nyanks79
02-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Redic save by Henrik in the shootout. 3/4 in these 2 back to backs is a good number.

J4KOP99
02-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Way to get the 2 points! Shoot outs always make me nervous with this team but Hank was great... what a save on Boyes

IAmARanger18
02-01-2012, 11:40 PM
There we go boys that's how you do it!

jets1989
02-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Tough game tonight. Some thoughts...
-Staal is no where near where he used to be. It is going to take some time to get his skill.confidence back 100%.
-King is the best goalie this year. MVP talks for sure.
-Artie Anisimov has gone MIA.
-Mcdonagh has impressed me lately where his other Wisconson teammate stepan has slumped a bit.

-We need to add a goal scorer for sure.

J4KOP99
02-02-2012, 12:45 AM
It's pretty ridiculous how good the Atlantic division is.

The central division out west is insane too.

rocowear21
02-02-2012, 03:55 AM
We need a goal scorer. We are 1 legit goal scoring threat away from the cup this year.

AA has long been missing. I have lost all faith in him to be honest.

Boyle is our best player by far (kinda sad actually)

Richards looks horrible.

PP is a joke.

rocowear21
02-02-2012, 03:56 AM
I love our Defense. Staal will get there eventually. Our D and Hank are the only reason we are where we are.

Oh and I would love to see more hagelin on the pp and 4on4

Garden Faithful
02-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Tough game tonight. Some thoughts...
-Staal is no where near where he used to be. It is going to take some time to get his skill.confidence back 100%.-King is the best goalie this year. MVP talks for sure.
-Artie Anisimov has gone MIA.
-Mcdonagh has impressed me lately where his other Wisconson teammate stepan has slumped a bit.

-We need to add a goal scorer for sure.

Staal actually looked pretty good last night considering his stick work was very good and his conditioning is coming back but don't forget he's played under 15 games this season so far and no training camp. But let's be honest I'd take him at 50% as opposed to Woywitka or Eminger irrespective of how well they have played this year.

notoriousbig21
02-02-2012, 11:05 AM
The King won it for us, man he's awesome to watch. I was screaming to score this guy a god damn goal last night. I would have been so mad if we lost that game.

I had the game on in the car coming home from class and Maloney was flipping out after the 2nd, bashing the refs on some missed calls, it was great lol.

I just knew Richards wasn't going to score in the shootout. He's frustrating me.

Our division is ridiculous. If the 1st place Panthers switched divisions with the Islanders, the Panthers would be in last in our division lol.

As of today, we would be matched up against NJ in the first round...in the words of J.D., "ohhhh baby".

Can't wait for Sunday's game. I just want the rest of the season to hurry up actually. Playoff hockey is amazing.

IAmARanger18
02-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Its clear we need a goal scorer, McDonagh has stepped up big time and has made himself a top pairing D man in this league.

bsi
02-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Its clear we need a goal scorer, McDonagh has stepped up big time and has made himself a top pairing D man in this league.

Or is it clear that our CURRENT goal scorers need to score goals? I'd agree with you if we were scoring 2 or 3 goals a game and need a little more help, but really one player isn't gonna solve this. Richards, Callahan, Dubinsky, Boyle, Anisimov and Stepan all have to get their heads out of their *****'s. We have enough guys that can put the puck in the net, they just aren't doing it. Gaborik is the only guy that consistantly is a scoring threat lately, and that has to change. Honestly I can't help but wonder how long it will be before Christensen gets a shot on this team in someone's place, or maybe Zuccarello,atleast they have some creativity and can shoot the puck, and maybe not being on the Ranger roster would provide some fire in each of them. Richards has to find a way to be more effective this team now revolves around him and Gaborik, and if one is slumping then the other line gets the focus, that was the difference at the start of the year, we had two lines scoring. Dubinsky has to be more confident and I think a guy like him might respond to a night in the press box, as well as Anisimov ,and Stepan has to find a way to make it through an entire season with as much effort as game 1. Boyle has played ok, but we need him to score more. If all these guys could get it together we have enough to go deep in the playoffs IMO.

NYR_NYJ
02-02-2012, 08:43 PM
I agree with bsi.

We need more out of the top 2 lines, Gabby has been solid all year but everyone else been up and down. The D on this team has so much potential, we just need Sauer back soon to replace Bickel.

jets1989
02-03-2012, 02:15 PM
You are wrong BSI. Anisimov is looking young and getting pushed around. He has the most work to do. Stepan is not a scorer he is a nice player who I feel like bring unity to a line. Richards is not a scorer at all, he carriers the puck and makes plays. We need to make a trade for someone. But I do think Dubi needs to step up big time a night in the box with some junk food might do him well.

bsi
02-03-2012, 04:25 PM
You are wrong BSI. Anisimov is looking young and getting pushed around. He has the most work to do. Stepan is not a scorer he is a nice player who I feel like bring unity to a line. Richards is not a scorer at all, he carriers the puck and makes plays. We need to make a trade for someone. But I do think Dubi needs to step up big time a night in the box with some junk food might do him well.

I'm not wrong, what's gonna happen if we get one player? Is he gonna score 3-4 goals a night? Even Gretzky couldn't do that in his prime. This team needs to get it together, they've all slowed down. Stepan is probably our most skilled player outside of Gaborik and Richards so he has to get back to the pace he started the year with. Richards needs to get back to the point a game pace he's had all his career, Dubinsky was our top scorer last year he needs to bring his game level up ,as well as Anisimov and Boyle. Most of these guys were having career years until the Winter Classic, they've all slowed down, if they just got back to playing and scoring the way they did before the Classic and Dubinsky and Boyle picked up their share there isn't a team outside of Boston I could see them losing to. By the way, we didn't get to the top of the league by fluke, these players got us there, and now for some reason they've stopped.

nyr1980
02-03-2012, 09:02 PM
They need both. The guys we've counted on to score need to do that. And even with those guys going, I still think there is a lack of scoring depth, and it's on the high-end, primary side. Not the secondary side. The other really good teams in the league all have more scoring, both primary and secondary, than the Rangers, even of everyone were going.

bsi
02-03-2012, 10:08 PM
They need both. The guys we've counted on to score need to do that. And even with those guys going, I still think there is a lack of scoring depth, and it's on the high-end, primary side. Not the secondary side. The other really good teams in the league all have more scoring, both primary and secondary, than the Rangers, even of everyone were going.

We were doing fine all year, just the last while Stepan, Anisimov, Richards and even Callahan have dried up. If Dubi and Boyle were scoring, and those guys got back on track I'd be comfortable going into playoffs with this team, unfortunately it doesn't look that way i guess, unless something changes quick. I wonder how much of this is a product of our style, with all the shot blocking we do, are the players getting worn down every night. I know Boyle has been fighting some sort of ankle problem since a while so maybe everyone is getting beat up from it.

nyr1980
02-03-2012, 11:35 PM
I'd be ok with that too. I don't think a team that's first in the conference come February should ever panic or feel like they're not good enough. They've yet to "not be good enough" yet at all this year. And every good team takes a beating and wears down. It's part of why they are good- it's from being willing to pay that price. But I'd like their chances a bit more if these guys were going, the PP didn't look inept, and they had one more big scorer.

IAmARanger18
02-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Well we need a big win tomorrow against the Flyers, wearing the Winter Classic jerseys again so lets get another win in them!!

fingerbang
02-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Our power play leads to Philly's game tying goal. The worst part about it, our power play actually looked good that time.

NYR_NYJ
02-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Prust has balls the size of the building.

Immoknight
02-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Are the Referees even watching this game... He was kicked by a skate, his stick was held... and nothing gets called... and another Ranger gets tripped outright and nothing.

fingerbang
02-05-2012, 04:29 PM
I love that flop. Payback for the winter classic.

fingerbang
02-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Gotta be better next time, G.

fingerbang
02-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Feds gets an empty netter. He'll be on the first line on Tuesday.

jetsfan89
02-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Our PP looked better, but we still need to put the damn puck in the net.

J4KOP99
02-06-2012, 02:08 AM
Great win to start the day. The g-men followed it up nicely.

-Gaborik with another great outing too. He has been great.

dashripdot
02-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Gotta say the Rangers-Flyers regular season game was more exciting than the Super Bowl. And no ****** entertainment at the intermission, either. Go G-men!

jetsfan89
02-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Told there will be no league action against Sestito for pulling Prust's hair in fight. Of course not.

Brooks

Rupp needs to put a beatdown on this joker when his thumb heals.

IAmARanger18
02-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Gaborik has been awesome this year, lets hope he can keep it up all season and playoffs long!

Great win yesterday!!

bsi
02-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Brooks

Rupp needs to put a beatdown on this joker when his thumb heals.

Sestito should be embarassed, the league should have fined him or something, no hair pulling in mens fights there Sisterito.

fingerbang
02-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Interesting way to start the game. Rupp might be hurt.

jets1989
02-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Jesus. I know we cant win every game. I hate the Devils, but they look good. We need to step it up, bad penalty's.

bsi
02-07-2012, 10:41 PM
That was total horseshite...brutal call at the end, we totally dominated in the third.

Immoknight
02-07-2012, 11:26 PM
What an awful call... and no replay. Why have it if you aren't going to use it.

Another instance where the tradition of the game clashes with the future of the game and the game loses...

fingerbang
02-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Yea, Volchenkov pushed Gaborik into Uncle Daddy. Should have been a goal.

Raiderwood
02-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Hideous call..he Gabby was definitely pushed into Brodeur.. I'm all for the NHL letting them play the game but why have replay around the goal if you aren't going to use it properly. It's not much different than in the NFL when a Wr has to get his feet down inbounds after a catch. If the player is putting on the brakes well outside the crease, gets a shot off and then gets pushed he has showed he had position, tried to stop and shot the puck..then was pushed. That to me should be reviewable.

Isca92
02-08-2012, 10:01 AM
IMO that was the correct call. It sucks because that would have stolen atleast a point but I agree with the call. If Volchenkov completely drilled Gabs then yes it should be a goal, but I feel like Gabs tried to stop but wasnt hit hard enough to completly fly into Fatso like he did.

If the situation is reversed and were up by one Parisi comes down and Girardi put that kind of back presure and he flys into Hank, would we still be saying its a good goal?

dashripdot
02-08-2012, 11:51 AM
IMO that was the correct call. It sucks because that would have stolen atleast a point but I agree with the call. If Volchenkov completely drilled Gabs then yes it should be a goal, but I feel like Gabs tried to stop but wasnt hit hard enough to completly fly into Fatso like he did.

If the situation is reversed and were up by one Parisi comes down and Girardi put that kind of back presure and he flys into Hank, would we still be saying its a good goal?

Yeah, actually. Here's why: Gaborik threw up a lot of snow but still wound up face first on top of Brodeur, so it must have been a pretty hard push from behind. Look at the angle of Gaborik's and Volchenkov's skates in the still photos of the pile-up: Volchenkov is pushing off toward Gaborik, not pulling up like Gaborik is.

NYR_NYJ
02-08-2012, 01:52 PM
I agree that the was the right call. Gabby was stopping but the REFS will always give that call to the goalie. Also remember what they are looking at full speed not still shots and analyzing it.

I know if the teams were reversed I would be outraged of they gave them that goal.

bsi
02-08-2012, 04:43 PM
If you are gonna call back the goal, just do that, don't give us a penalty and send the faceoff back to our own end.

NYR_NYJ
02-08-2012, 07:13 PM
If you are gonna call back the goal, just do that, don't give us a penalty and send the faceoff back to our own end.

That is a good point I didn't think it was enough for a penalty either

Immoknight
02-08-2012, 08:20 PM
I agree that the was the right call. Gabby was stopping but the REFS will always give that call to the goalie. Also remember what they are looking at full speed not still shots and analyzing it.

I know if the teams were reversed I would be outraged of they gave them that goal.

I hate to tell you... the refs award them the goal if this situation was reversed... It's clear to me there is a bias in officiating against New York team... don't try to tell me otherwise.

I can provide plenty of examples...

bsi
02-08-2012, 11:28 PM
I hate to tell you... the refs award them the goal if this situation was reversed... It's clear to me there is a bias in officiating against New York team... don't try to tell me otherwise.

I can provide plenty of examples...

Any team in the league can provide examples of perceived biases, bad calls happen every night, it's not right but the refs are human and they are gonna make mistakes, this one just happened to cost us the game. I will say this though, I think it's easier to make the call to call the goal off when the Devils are fighting for a playoff spot and we're top of the division, costing a team a playoff spot would definately draw more eyes. But having said that things happen fast in real time, and it probably looked to the ref like Gaborik could have avoided Fatso.

dashripdot
02-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Kerry Fraser actually making sense in his TSN.ca column:

Gaborik and Goalie Interference

Doug and Mike:

No matter who you are cheering for, this missed call had a major impact on the game and reinforces my call for video review by the referee on contact with the goalkeeper where a goal results. (Notice I said by the referee, not the situation room!)

I have maintained this position ever since I attended a Leafs-Panthers game (Oct. 2010) in the ACC. Late in that game with the score tied, Colton Orr came out of the corner and ran over the Panthers goalkeeper as the shot came from the point. All officiating eyes were focused on the puck at that point in time.

To add insult to injury, the puck hit Orr's skate as he sprawled over the goalkeeper and was given credit for the game-winning goal. The end result to this play was the recommendation by Florida GM Dale Tallon to institute a coach's appeal.

If a "coach's appeal" is too radical, let's make contact with the goalie a reviewable situation; at least where a goal results or is being waved off. I can tell you firsthand just how difficult it is, in real time and with traffic going to the net, to determine intent (deliberate or incidental) or if any action by a defending player caused the contact to result on the goalkeeper. If the referee happens to be on the opposite side to where contact was initiated (as referee Dan O'Rouke was in this case), it is often next to impossible to get an accurate read on the play.

That is exactly what happened last night in Madison Square Garden in the dying seconds of the game with the Devils leading 1-0. As the Rangers attacked the net, Marian Gaborik attempted a full blown stop with snow flying in front of Martin Brodeur.

Initially, it might appear that Gaborik just ran out of real estate and crashed into Brodeur, which would result in a goalie interference penalty. From referee O'Rourke's position, a little bit behind the goal line on the near side to Gaborik, that is exactly how it would appear to the ref in real time.

As I saw the reverse look of the play, I noticed Gaborik's left skate break from his natural stopping motion and slide marginally to the left, causing an unnatural fall into Brodeur with Anton Volchenkov exerting backdoor pressure on Gaborik from the opposite side.

Upon closer inspection, we see that Volchenkov places his stick between the legs of Gaborik and the pressure exerted causes the NY Ranger to fall and crash into Brodeur. The clear evidence is seen when the players attempt to untangle themselves in the crease. Vochenkov's stick blade can be found stuck in the plastic blade holder of Gaborik's left skate!

If anyone didn't think the contact from the back side was significant to put Gaborik into Brodeur, Volchenkov's stick placement should provide the smoking gun!

What does all this mean? The Rangers certainly lost at least one point last night. Beyond that, it should highlight for you what I have known for years, ever since we had to deal with the ridiculous toe-in-the-crease standard that was rewritten into Rule 69 - Interference on the Goalkeeper. The refs need help with this call.

While the present standard is much more sensible than dealing with Brett Hull's toe-in-the-crease, it hasn't made it much easier to the referees to enforce. In cases such as last night, it is even more difficult for the referee to determine how contact results.

Is this type of play something that we want to see eliminate a team from playoff competition or result in the presentation of the Stanley Cup? I think not.

I know how hard it is to determine these plays in real time. Give the referees the same benefit that you and I have to slow it down and look for the smoking gun.

Place a monitor at the timekeeper's bench where they already have a communication device and give them a second or third look to determine the legitimate scoring of a goal.

After last night, John Tortorella just might agree with me.

YankeeFanAlways
02-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Is there an internet site where I can watch Rangers games for free?

IAmARanger18
02-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Today will be a tough game against the Lightning, Eminger is back in for Stu and Biron is in net tonight. Looks like Richards is skating with Dubi and Prust.

J4KOP99
02-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Our Power Play actually looks a lot better...

as soon as I type this, we give the puck away.

J4KOP99
02-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Got some good chances. We should have been on a longer PP though. Fedetenko got ****ing rocked.

J4KOP99
02-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Boyle was an inch away from tying it up. Biron has to be smart with the long passes.

bsi
02-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Boyle!! Finish them off boys!

J4KOP99
02-09-2012, 10:23 PM
The Garden is incredibly horny right now. I love it...

what a save from Biron!

bsi
02-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Biron holding us in now....get it together

bsi
02-09-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm gonna call it....Richards with the game winner

J4KOP99
02-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Damn, the garden is rocking right now

J4KOP99
I'm gonna call it....Richards with the game winner

I was just thinking that too... but I think we may have jinxed it. It has that feel though

saintant182
if anyone deserved a goal its boyle he has been a unit tonight... this game is awesome but stressful as hell to watch!!

J4KOP99
02-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Girardi throwing the body

J4KOP99
02-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Overtime

saintant182
02-09-2012, 10:32 PM
wow!!

bsi
02-09-2012, 10:33 PM
OT...love it...got the point. I thought Anisimov and Dubinsky have been better tonight too.

saintant182
02-09-2012, 10:38 PM
No ****in way bsi!!!!!!

J4KOP99
02-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Bradley with the winner

bsi
02-09-2012, 10:39 PM
No ****in way bsi!!!!!!

Hahahaha....woooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo:clap::clap::clap::clap:

J4KOP99
02-09-2012, 10:42 PM
I could listen to Sam Rosen call a game winning goal all day. I loved the effort from our guys tonight. They really fed off the crowd

J4KOP99
02-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Look at Torts even get fired up after the GW. Nice Fist pump there

saintant182
02-09-2012, 10:52 PM
It allways amazes me how some players constantly over the span of seasons and seasons show such a nak for scoring big goals in big moments

americaspasttim
02-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Congrats guys...

bsi
02-09-2012, 11:02 PM
The best part of tonight was that the guys we need to be good were good, Gaborik, Stepan, Richards, Dubinsky, Callahan, Boyle and Anisimov all played well, hopefully this is a turning point for those guys.

NYR_NYJ
02-09-2012, 11:47 PM
What a game. These guys find a way to win, love this team.

PP looked a lot better and getting more shots. Let's hope Richards can heat up now.

RangersMets
02-10-2012, 01:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kZJeJ.gif

Enjoy this gentlemen

J4KOP99
02-10-2012, 03:06 AM
What a game. These guys find a way to win, love this team.

PP looked a lot better and getting more shots. Let's hope Richards can heat up now.

Yeah, I made this comment during the game. We were actually moving around and creating opportunities.

Randall Stevens
02-11-2012, 11:05 AM
hey how about you guys cut us some slack and DONT score on the first shot of the game?

thanks!

J4KOP99
02-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Sestito is a *******. Do you think he ever sits back and thinks about what he is doing with his life?

Yes, he is in the NHL, but he just goes around fighting people. How do you even justify your career?

If you have kids, do you even let them watch your games?

fingerbang
02-11-2012, 02:25 PM
glitch goal

J4KOP99
02-11-2012, 02:25 PM
The Power Play looks completely different. See what happens when you simplify things?

WoodandNails
02-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Sestito is a *******. Do you think he ever sits back and thinks about what he is doing with his life?

Yes, he is in the NHL, but he just goes around fighting people. How do you even justify your career?

:laugh:

Get real. Practically every team has an enforcer on their roster. Also, he's 24, so he probably doesn't have kids. He didn't even instigate the fight, despite getting the extra penalty.

IAmARanger18
02-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Yesssss baby up 1-0 already!!

J4KOP99
02-11-2012, 02:33 PM
:laugh:

Get real. Practically every team has an enforcer on their roster. Also, he's 24, so he probably doesn't have kids. He didn't even instigate the fight, despite getting the extra penalty.

There is a difference between an enforcer and some guy who just goes around and fights. He's just an instigator. A guy like Pronger is an enforcer. Pronger dominates people with his skill and strength. Sistito just runs around looking to fight people.

I mean, the guy had 3 fights last time these teams played and got a game misconduct. Clearly the Flyers don't value him on the ice, otherwise they would have told him to not fight for a 3rd time.

J4KOP99
02-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Another power-play goal

fingerbang
02-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Another power-play goal

Don't you know that Bobrovsky should have saved that crazy deflection? Just like every goal that's ever scored on the Flyers.

J4KOP99
02-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Don't you know that Bobrovsky should have saved that crazy deflection? Just like every goal that's ever scored on the Flyers.

haha

IU Hoosiers 3
02-11-2012, 02:50 PM
i was really impressed with the all around play in the 1st..it's amazing to see a power play actually work for us

bringbackfredex
02-11-2012, 03:07 PM
There is a difference between an enforcer and some guy who just goes around and fights. He's just an instigator. A guy like Pronger is an enforcer. Pronger dominates people with his skill and strength. Sistito just runs around looking to fight people.

I mean, the guy had 3 fights last time these teams played and got a game misconduct. Clearly the Flyers don't value him on the ice, otherwise they would have told him to not fight for a 3rd time.

If there was no fighting in hockey, there would be no need for Sesito. But, since there is fighting, Sesito has a job and I don't see how you can possibly complain about him fighting since that is what he's paid to do.

Brashear beat you guys down for years, you should know the drill by now. Get with the program boys :D

ShadyOne
02-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Perfect pass by Richards on that goal. Hopefully he gets going again...

LOL at the announcers talking about Philly "trying to get in Henrik's head"...That isn't possible, sorry...

ShadyOne
02-11-2012, 03:10 PM
If there was no fighting in hockey, there would be no need for Sesito. But, since there is fighting, Sesito has a job and I don't see how you can possibly complain about him fighting since that is what he's paid to do.

Brashear beat you guys down for years, you should know the drill by now. Get with the program boys :D

Only problem with that logic, is that Brashear was one of the premier fighters in the league. He did intimidate. Sestito doesn't do it all that well. Doing it just for the sake of doing something, well, serves no purpose. And if you didn't notice, the Rangers aren't running away from anyone who wants to drop the gloves. Don't think someone threatening to fight against us, is intimidating anyone, or changing the game. Sestito is a bum...

fingerbang
02-11-2012, 03:13 PM
This is all just fantasy camp for Sestito.

WoodandNails
02-11-2012, 03:16 PM
LOL at the announcers talking about Philly "trying to get in Henrik's head"...That isn't possible, sorry...

The only reason Giroux got that goal is because Hartnell had recently insulted Henrik's favorite vest and cardigan combination.

ShadyOne
02-11-2012, 03:18 PM
The only reason Giroux got that goal is because Hartnell had recently insulted Henrik's favorite vest and cardigan combination.

:rolleyes:

fingerbang
02-11-2012, 03:20 PM
That's pretty.

J4KOP99
02-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Wow, another PP goal. That was beautiful

ShadyOne
02-11-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm sorry...how the hell is THAT among the worst PP units in the league. Was absolutely textbook passing right there. Couldn't be much better than that...

Gabs having a monster game

NYR_NYJ
02-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Wtf is going on here 3 for 4 on the pp.

Cally just missed for the hat trick.

fingerbang
02-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Bizarro Rangers

jets1989
02-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Richards looks great making great passes, unreal pass from MDZ to Cally on the PP. Cally should of had a hat trick from richards just before. THey look good. Still Staal is a bit off but keep it up! Love bickel too, going after sessito.

fingerbang
02-11-2012, 04:15 PM
broad street losers

NYR_NYJ
02-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Richards line Looking very good!!!

jetsfan89
02-11-2012, 04:19 PM
hat trick!!

fingerbang
02-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Why are we fighting these clowns? We're winning!!!!!!!

ShadyOne
02-11-2012, 04:26 PM
As I said before...

You can't intimidate this team. Opposition just keep trying to out hit, out hustle, or fight us, and it just doesn't work. Thinking about earlier in the season, when we were called "soft"...

nyanks79
02-11-2012, 04:32 PM
I thought a couple weeks ago that they should put Richards back on the point. Everything looks alot better when he is back there.

NYR_NYJ
02-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Beauty eh

J4KOP99
02-11-2012, 04:56 PM
That's a great win right there. Glad to see our PP finally coming together too.

IAmARanger18
02-11-2012, 06:18 PM
What a great ****ing win! 5-0!! YOU CANT BEAT US!!

bsi
02-11-2012, 06:44 PM
As I said before...

You can't intimidate this team. Opposition just keep trying to out hit, out hustle, or fight us, and it just doesn't work. Thinking about earlier in the season, when we were called "soft"...

Who called this team soft earlier in the year?

J4KOP99
02-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Who called this team soft earlier in the year?

Joe Thornton if I remember correctly.

nyr1980
02-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Joe Thornton can shut the **** up until he finally decides to show up in a playoff series.

NYR_NYJ
02-11-2012, 08:38 PM
glitch goal

haha just saw this

dashripdot
02-12-2012, 10:10 AM

Sestito is to hockey what Chuck Wepner (aka, "The Bayonne Bleeder") was to boxing. He shows up to fight, but he bleeds more than he fights.

bsi
02-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Joe Thornton if I remember correctly.

Joe is one of the biggest players in the league and he plays less physical than Hagelin now, I don't think he has anything to talk about. I personally didn't put any stock in what he said, don't think anyone else did either.

bsi
02-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Anyone have a live stream of this game today, it's blackedout here...pm me

IAmARanger18
02-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Capitals are dominating this 1st period.

IAmARanger18
02-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Callahan with the goal with Richards and Stralman with the assists!!

NYR_NYJ
02-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Callahan and Richards with another good start

IAmARanger18
02-12-2012, 02:37 PM
****ing Semin man, seems he only scores against us.

NYR_NYJ
02-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Hope that McD didn't just get injured.

NVM hes on the ice

nystandup
02-12-2012, 03:00 PM
i was worried he hurt his acl with the way his knee bended. is he back on the ice??

nystandup
02-12-2012, 03:02 PM
nice just saw him

IAmARanger18
02-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Gaborik can't catch a break today.

IAmARanger18
02-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Yeah babbbbyyyyyy Prusterrrrrr!!

fingerbang
02-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Familiar territory. Don't blow it.

fingerbang
02-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Huge win. Don't want to play that team in the playoffs.

bsi
02-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Gutsy win by NY, 2nd of back to back games they looked like they were a little tired in the third, big win.

IAmARanger18
02-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Yes babbyyyy big win!

J4KOP99
02-12-2012, 11:20 PM
I was there for my birthday, the atmosphere was what you would expect for a 12 30 pm start... glad the Rangers got the W though. It was a tough back-to-back but they played smart and took advantage of their opportunities.

I also thought McD hurt his knee but I was happy to see him come right back out.

Tuesday is gonna be a wild one.

dashripdot
02-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Excellent movement of both the players and the puck on the PP in the last two games. Thought McD was done for the season the way he went down, and I was surprised to see that he didn't miss a shift. Looked more like an ankle than a knee upon further review.

IAmARanger18
02-13-2012, 07:05 PM
I wish there was a game tonight!!! I hate not having Ranger hockey on!!

letsgorangers27
02-13-2012, 08:08 PM
wow total brain fart completely disregard that

notoriousbig21
02-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Does anyone else get extremely pissed like me when you grab any NY newspaper and see Knicks coverage all over the place for winning a few games in a row and the Rangers haven't sniffed any front pages for being the best team in the NHL through 75% of the season?

NYR_NYJ
02-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Does anyone else get extremely pissed like me when you grab any NY newspaper and see Knicks coverage all over the place for winning a few games in a row and the Rangers haven't sniffed any front pages for being the best team in the NHL through 75% of the season?

Yes and but it is what it is, Hockey gets no coverage in the US.

Look at Sports Center and all you see is 7' tall guys dunking basketballs as the top plays.

IAmARanger18
02-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Tough game tonight in Boston but it is Gaboriks birthday he will do good tonight!

notoriousbig21
02-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Regular season is dragging on...I just want to fast forward to the playoffs.

IAmARanger18
02-14-2012, 04:27 PM
I know so do I, I wish we played every night lol

notoriousbig21
02-14-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm ready for the intensity of May hockey! Last time we went into May god damn Chris Drury ripped our hearts out...

I want the nervousness of being shorthanded, extreme excitement of a playoff goal, exhilaration of watching the clock in the 3rd period when we have a lead, everything that makes sports so great. Ah this sucks that there's still 2 months left.

IAmARanger18
02-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Dude you and me both, there is no better playoffs in any sport then the NHL. Especially an atmosphere in a game 7!

notoriousbig21
02-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Ugh I don't even want to think about a game 7. I wouldn't even be able to take the pressure. I was so nervous and sick before our game 7 @ WSH in 2009...I could only imagine how I would have felt in 1994 vs NJ game 7 ECF. Double OT too lol I would have never survived.

J4KOP99
02-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Callahan is living off of this power play. Gaborik feeds him with the gimme.

Gaborik is such an underrated passer.

J4KOP99
02-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Wow, we'll take it...

saintant182
02-14-2012, 08:48 PM
we're working that forecheck and pressure down low so well as usual.

gotta love stepan trying to finish his check on chara and practically bouncing off haha.

love this team... nash who?

J4KOP99
02-14-2012, 09:42 PM
we escaped that 2nd period. Gave up wayyy too many chances. Got a little complacent.

J4KOP99
02-14-2012, 10:04 PM
**** yeah, Anisimov

J4KOP99
02-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Glad to see that everyone was excited after that big win...

You get caught up in the Linsanity?

IAmARanger18
02-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Great ****ing win tonight!!! We are for real and teams need to start fearing us!!

Rangers in 7
02-14-2012, 11:39 PM
who are these guys!?!?!? love it

J4KOP99
02-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Great start to the game... We look like **** and Girardi has to know he can't put his hand on the puck in the crease.

J4KOP99
02-16-2012, 08:15 PM
We're having a little carry over from the Bruins game. Although we beat the B's, we still got out shot 2 to 1.

fingerbang
02-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Make it stop, lol.

J4KOP99
02-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Glad we showed up tonight. Power play looks like its old self too. No intensity at all.

fingerbang
02-16-2012, 08:28 PM
That's ****ing pathetic.

J4KOP99
02-16-2012, 08:30 PM
This is un****ing believable. We just awoke a sleeping giant

NYR_NYJ
02-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Jesus I missed the beginning of the game WTF.

saintant182
02-16-2012, 08:58 PM
woah!!!!!

back to earth with a bang!!!!

YankeeFanAlways
02-16-2012, 08:58 PM
You gotta admit we were due for a clunker.

J4KOP99
02-16-2012, 09:12 PM
You gotta admit we were due for a clunker.

I'm not buying that at all. More like we just came out with no intensity. It's not like we were just on a long road trip or coming off of a hectic schedule.

J4KOP99
02-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Maybe that hard hit will wake Biron up

J4KOP99
02-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Gotta get our PP going again. It was looking so good these past few games. This is also a game where, if we do make a comeback, I could see Richards getting us a big goal somewhere.

IDK if our guys have the fight in them though.

J4KOP99
02-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Dubisnky playing like a ****ing *******. 2 dirty plays right there.

We are done for tonight. Still no intensity and now we're getting lazy.

J4KOP99
02-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Ok, when this **** starts happening... that's a sign that it's not our night haha.

But why the **** was the play blown dead?

J4KOP99
02-16-2012, 09:37 PM
This feels like an old Rangers game. They get down big, early... then they fight back but ultimately let you down.

I may just turn this off. Makes it even worse that I basically talking to myself in this damn game thread haha

rocowear21
02-16-2012, 10:09 PM
God our PP sucks

J4KOP99
02-16-2012, 10:11 PM
0-7 on the PP so far. That statistic is even more pathetic than our effort in the opening 10 mins of the 1st period.

Think that will get Tortorella to tell Sather to make a trade? I know it's only one game and we still have a nice cushion on the rest of the eastern conference... but 0-7 on the PP cannot happen.

gabby10
02-16-2012, 10:13 PM
what was tortorella thinking when he sat lundqvist tonight? you know for a fact that the blackhawks are not going to let themselves lose TEN STRAIGHT.. the only way we had a chance is if we played the HOT GOALIE.. i never understand these random goalie lineup changes with torts.. i love him to death, but why the **** are you taking out lundqvist when hes playing at the top of his game???

J4KOP99
02-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Ok, tonight's game is the perfect example of why we probably need one more pure scorer. That doesn't necessarily mean Rick Nash... but someone else.

Once this team gets down (it doesn't have to be by 4) who the hell are we going to rely on to bring us back? We are a tremendous team playing with the lead but in the playoffs, there are gonna be some situations where we may be down by 2 or 3... how are we gonna come back?

The first 10 mins killed us tonight and we did look better in the 2nd and 3rd periods but we went 0-7 on the PP tonight. I think if we could get one more scorer on this team, it would help us out big time going into the playoffs.

Can't be too upset though.

nyr1980
02-16-2012, 11:34 PM
All tonight's game is is a circumstance game. Chicago comes in, a good team having lost 9 straight and desperate for a win. Playing a hot Rangers team that's won 4 straight and 6 of 7. Hawks come out firing, Rangers start flat, and the Hawks bury a few early. Not at all a surprise. Bound to have a game like that, especially coming off these last 3 against Philly, Washington, and Boston. Let down game based on circumstance. No big deal. Forget about it, and move on.

IAmARanger18
02-17-2012, 01:51 AM
If Biron does not fix his whole, 5 whole wide open situation I do not want him back here next year, this is 2 games we lost because of it.

J4KOP99
02-17-2012, 02:16 AM
If Biron does not fix his whole, 5 whole wide open situation I do not want him back here next year, this is 2 games we lost because of it.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. He is, quite possibly, the slowest goalie in the NHL.

He just stands there with his legs wide open and is too slow to react to the shot.

He is a very solid back up goalie though.

jetsfan89
02-17-2012, 02:33 AM
Guys, this is an example of thinking LONG TERM, aka the playoffs. One loss against a non Conference opponent is no big deal. If he played, Lundqvist would have played 4 games in 6 days. Sure he's probably done it before, but this year is different. Flyers, Caps, and Bruins were all high intensity games.

Crockett32
02-17-2012, 05:43 AM
A trap game I would call this and man did we just get trapped big time!

Lets get going against Blue Jackets before we face penguins and the islanders.

I sure as h*** hope the King will be at the top again as I have a feeling these next 4 games will be crucial for us to keep the no. 1 seed in the east!

dashripdot
02-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Ok, when this **** starts happening... that's a sign that it's not our night haha.

But why the **** was the play blown dead?

Lazy ref. Never bothered to shift his gaze or his ***. He saw all those goals go through Biron's legs, so the only place he looked on Crawford was 5-hole.

notoriousbig21
02-17-2012, 04:18 PM
I think we would have won that game with Hank. I know we need to rest our goalie, but we're playing the NHL worst CBJ at MSG Sunday night. Why not rest Hank there and have him play vs a team like CHI last night that was desperate for a win? I know it's hindsight bias but it was not like we were playing back to backs.

ShadyOne
02-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Tortorella has his eyes on the big picture...

We are in first place, right now all he is worried about is keeping guys fresh and healthy. Obviously the man knows what he is doing with Henrik, as he is having his best season, and the team is playing great. Henrik is our best/most important player, keeping him fresh for the playoffs is the most important thing. We lost a game, so what, it happens..

IAmARanger18
02-19-2012, 03:07 AM
If we don't win this game at least 5 or 6-0 tomorrow something is wrong.

J4KOP99
02-19-2012, 04:45 PM
If we don't win this game at least 5 or 6-0 tomorrow something is wrong.

Hopefully our guys aren't thinking the same thing.

No game in the NHL is easy.

Garden Faithful
02-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Guys, this is an example of thinking LONG TERM, aka the playoffs. One loss against a non Conference opponent is no big deal. If he played, Lundqvist would have played 4 games in 6 days. Sure he's probably done it before, but this year is different. Flyers, Caps, and Bruins were all high intensity games.

That's fine but why not sit him against one of the worst teams in the league tonight instead of against a Blackhawks team that you knew was going to come out strong on the road having lost 9 straight. It would have given him the same amount of time off between starts to rest and the better matchups. Tortarella did this earlier in the year as well and he may just have a schedule he is sticking to but it seems foolish to do that.

J4KOP99
02-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Gaborik's line is getting some great chances, they just can't put anything in the net.

J4KOP99
02-19-2012, 10:35 PM
The MSG replay must have been incorrect. Cause basing it off of what they showed us, it was clearly a goal with 00:1 left.

Immoknight
02-19-2012, 10:35 PM
What just happened? Seriously refs... why do we have to go through this every game...

fingerbang
02-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Blame Canada!!!!

Rangers in 7
02-19-2012, 10:37 PM
im confused........

J4KOP99
02-19-2012, 10:39 PM
This wedding is horse ****!

Rangers in 7
02-19-2012, 10:41 PM
it was closer to .2 then it was to .00 so your saying the msg clock is off, i say ********, not to mention the goal in phoenix was closer to .00 then that was, i think they are drinking in toronto right now

fingerbang
02-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Torts should send them a watch.

fingerbang
02-19-2012, 10:49 PM
I love how the ref explained the no goal. What other scenario could there possibly be?

J4KOP99
02-19-2012, 10:50 PM
it was closer to .2 then it was to .00 so your saying the msg clock is off, i say ********, not to mention the goal in phoenix was closer to .00 then that was, i think they are drinking in toronto right now

Well, I'm just looking for some sort of explanation. All I can come up with is that the video/clock we saw, was not the same one that the NHL was looking at up in Toronto.

How else do you explain that not being a goal? Clearly it was from what we saw.

Immoknight
02-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Their argument is so flawed... It doesn't matter if there is an official clock somewhere. The players are basing their moves on the clock there... not some clock that nobody knows about that is referred to as the official clock...

That's ridiculous to say, "It's not a goal according to a clock that we only have access to..."

J4KOP99
02-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Their argument is so flawed... It doesn't matter if there is an official clock somewhere. The players are basing their moves on the clock there... not some clock that nobody knows about that is referred to as the official clock...

That's ridiculous to say, "It's not a goal according to a clock that we only have access to..."

Yeah haha, that makes absolutely no sense. The only logical explanation would be that the MSG broadcasting team (and the columbus broadcasting team for that matter) messed up the timing with the video and the clock... I highly doubt it though.

It seems as if the NHL ****ed up here.

Immoknight
02-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Yeah haha, that makes absolutely no sense. The only logical explanation would be that the MSG broadcasting team (and the columbus broadcasting team for that matter) messed up the timing with the video and the clock... I highly doubt it though.

It seems as if the NHL ****ed up here.

... not the first time it goes against the Rangers... and coincidentally not going to be the last time.

I just don't understand why the refs are constantly against us, no matter where we play (home included).

Immoknight
02-19-2012, 11:17 PM
So what's the point of everyone having this other clock if it's not the official clock? I don't understand this... time shouldn't be freaking subjective in a game with x amount of time...

Do they understand how stupid this sounds to anyone with the slightest bit of common sense?

J4KOP99
02-19-2012, 11:25 PM
It had to be Nash, right?

Immoknight
02-19-2012, 11:25 PM
What a shocker... Referees going to take another point from us...

Immoknight
02-19-2012, 11:26 PM
It had to be Nash, right?

I think it's the refs... Nash is just at right place, right time.

J4KOP99
02-19-2012, 11:26 PM
The fact that they even had an opportunity to tie it up with less than 2 minutes to go is pretty sad.

J4KOP99
02-19-2012, 11:27 PM
What was the crowd chanting?

Immoknight
02-19-2012, 11:31 PM
That's how we do it!!!!

J4KOP99
Hell yes!

Immoknight
Great passing... just picture perfect.

Immoknight
02-19-2012, 11:40 PM
I want the NHL to explain what they are thinking basing a goal on a clock that nobody has access to... I just would love to hear the rational that they presume to be using.

thegame248
02-20-2012, 09:52 AM
What was the crowd chanting?

They were chanting "We Dont Want You" MSG always comes up with some good chants. Like against the Capitals during the playoff's "Can You Hear Us?"

J4KOP99
02-20-2012, 01:59 PM
They were chanting "We Dont Want You" MSG always comes up with some good chants. Like against the Capitals during the playoff's "Can You Hear Us?"

yes, they do. Both of those were good chants except they completely backfired in our face.

After the "You can't hear us" chant, the Caps scored 3 unanswered goals...

after the "we don't want you" cant, Nash scored the game-tying goal with about a minute to play.

The Garden has always been very creative but over the last 20 or so years, we've been burnt way too many times.

IAmARanger18
02-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Missed the game yesterday, recorded it so I am watching it now.

bsi
02-20-2012, 07:53 PM
I wasn't a fan of the chants myself. There still is a possibility of Nash coming here, then what? Fans at MSG baffle the hell out of me sometimes. When a crowd chants "we want Avery" and "We don't want you" in regards to Nash in the same year it doesn't instil confidence in me about how the fan base at MSG guages players abilities.

IAmARanger18
02-20-2012, 08:46 PM
sometimes you really have to question this fan base.

metswon69
02-20-2012, 09:39 PM
sometimes you really have to question this fan base.

Ranger fans are pretty smart, they know the cap implication Nash is, his underperformance this year, what it will take to get him here most likely, and how often we have been burned with big time acquisitions recently.

Rick Nash is not a slam dunk for what we might have to give up for him necessarily...

This is really the problem everyone is just speculating what it will take to get him but the truth is Columbus is going to squeeze as much out of Rick Nash as they possibly can considering how badly they need to rebuild.

IAmARanger18
02-20-2012, 09:48 PM
I think if Sather plays this one right he can get Nash at a cheaper price.

bsi
02-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Ranger fans are pretty smart, they know the cap implication Nash is, his underperformance this year, what it will take to get him here most likely, and how often we have been burned with big time acquisitions recently.

Rick Nash is not a slam dunk for what we might have to give up for him necessarily...

This is really the problem everyone is just speculating what it will take to get him but the truth is Columbus is going to squeeze as much out of Rick Nash as they possibly can considering how badly they need to rebuild.

Rick Nash is about as much of a slam dunk as you'll get in this league. There's very little to not like about a guy who is big, physical, skates like the wind, has a quick shot and currently plays on one of the, if not the worst teams in the league yet is still a threat every shift.He's pretty much taylor made to play with our team, being a physical goal scorer. I realize everyone is 'speculating' what we have to give up for him, but nobody but our GM knows what we are being asked or prepared to give up. I think it's a little early to slap the guy in the face, I could see if he listed New York as a team he DIDN'T want to go to then that chant would be suitable, but really this guy could be on our team in a week, nice way to make him feel welcome.

Isca92
02-21-2012, 02:59 AM
BSI, I agree with you that Nash is as slam dunk as you can get. Don't forget that his best years were under a defensive coach, Ken Hitchcock. His contract is market value and brings him to 33 as oppossed to a contract that saves a million dollars but is 3-4 years longer. Plus gives you a chance to resign him longer.

Garden Faithful
02-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Rick Nash is about as much of a slam dunk as you'll get in this league. There's very little to not like about a guy who is big, physical, skates like the wind, has a quick shot and currently plays on one of the, if not the worst teams in the league yet is still a threat every shift.He's pretty much taylor made to play with our team, being a physical goal scorer. I realize everyone is 'speculating' what we have to give up for him, but nobody but our GM knows what we are being asked or prepared to give up. I think it's a little early to slap the guy in the face, I could see if he listed New York as a team he DIDN'T want to go to then that chant would be suitable, but really this guy could be on our team in a week, nice way to make him feel welcome.

First of all as a response to the chant conversation, Avery was a fan favorite so people will still chant for him and I would love to see him back on the Rangers personally and wanting Rick Nash is the typical Ranger fan "we want to win now" mentality. If you already have 3 $6+ million contracts the only way you can sign another one is if their name is Malkin Ovechkin or Crosby. It's just too much money tied up for too few players. Richards, Gaborik, Lundqvist, and Nash would be half of our cap and we have young players I would like to keep as opposed to unload. And to be honest if he is such a slam dunk why is he on pace for 26 goals, 29 assists, and as of now is a -23 and I understand he is on a really bad team but he has the worst +/- on the team. Honestly I would rather just make a smaller acquisition and continue building.

J4KOP99
02-21-2012, 04:14 PM
How anyone can still want Avery on this team is beyond me.

What the hell is so attractive about this guy? What does he add to our team?... a team that is currently in first place in the east.

Our coach clearly doesn't value him highly... why do some of you?

bsi
02-21-2012, 05:00 PM

What the hell is so attractive about this guy? What does he add to our team?... a team that is currently in first place in the east.

I totally agree....and how he's a fan favorite I don't know. Anyone who knows hockey wouldn't want this guy anywhere near this hockey team. It boggles my mind that a fan base that doesn't want Nash would want Avery, it's one of the most insane things I've ever heard of. For anyone complaining about having 4 guys taking big salaries on this team, that's because you will have 4 superstars on the team, I don't think Pitsburgh is complaining about it, and they've had a quite a bit of success with their team with Malkin, Crosby making almost 9 million each, and Fleury, Neal and Martin north of 5 million. I think they've done pretty well over the last few years, that team is what we're trying to become, a team that is consistantly in the conversation for the cup. Hey, I love some of our players but I'd replace Anisimov, Dubinsky, or Hagelin on the LW with Nash any day of the week. If we want a few cups, Nash is the next step in that if the asking price doesn't include Richards, Gaborik, Callahan, Stepan, Staal, DelZotto, McDonagh, Girardi, or more than one current roster guy, and ofcourse the obvious being Lundqvist.

bsi
02-21-2012, 05:08 PM
First of all as a response to the chant conversation, Avery was a fan favorite so people will still chant for him and I would love to see him back on the Rangers personally and wanting Rick Nash is the typical Ranger fan "we want to win now" mentality. If you already have 3 $6+ million contracts the only way you can sign another one is if their name is Malkin Ovechkin or Crosby. It's just too much money tied up for too few players. Richards, Gaborik, Lundqvist, and Nash would be half of our cap and we have young players I would like to keep as opposed to unload. And to be honest if he is such a slam dunk why is he on pace for 26 goals, 29 assists, and as of now is a -23 and I understand he is on a really bad team but he has the worst +/- on the team. Honestly I would rather just make a smaller acquisition and continue building.

It hasn't hurt Pitsburgh's cup chances year in and year out. Nash is much better than he's being allowed to be, everyone in the league knows that, he's on a terrible team with no suitable goalie, defense, or even a #1 or #2 center for him to play with consistantly (Carter has missed too much time and doesn't even wanna be there). There's a reason why he gets picked for team Canada each year over players with much higher stats, the gm's know his true value and what he brings to the ice. You say he's got the worst +/- on the team well he's also on the ice more than anyone on a team that is last place in the league, he's gonna have a bad +/- if he's leading the team in ice time on a team with bad goaltending and little defense. He won a silver medal at the 2002 World Junior Championships, two World Championships silver medals, a gold at the 2007 World Championships and a gold at the 2010 Winter Olympics. He has also competed in the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin, if he was a bad hockey player he wouldn't be on those teams.

Garden Faithful
02-21-2012, 05:50 PM

Because he was an effective player when he was played, I'm sorry I don't agree with everything Torts does.

Garden Faithful
02-21-2012, 05:55 PM
It hasn't hurt Pitsburgh's cup chances year in and year out. Nash is much better than he's being allowed to be, everyone in the league knows that, he's on a terrible team with no suitable goalie, defense, or even a #1 or #2 center for him to play with consistantly (Carter has missed too much time and doesn't even wanna be there). There's a reason why he gets picked for team Canada each year over players with much higher stats, the gm's know his true value and what he brings to the ice. You say he's got the worst +/- on the team well he's also on the ice more than anyone on a team that is last place in the league, he's gonna have a bad +/- if he's leading the team in ice time on a team with bad goaltending and little defense. He won a silver medal at the 2002 World Junior Championships, two World Championships silver medals, a gold at the 2007 World Championships and a gold at the 2010 Winter Olympics. He has also competed in the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin, if he was a bad hockey player he wouldn't be on those teams.

I'm not sure where I said he was a bad player so I'm not sure where that is coming from I'm saying he's not having a good year and that's not ridiculous. Secondly Pittsburgh hasn't been hurt because they have the best two players in hockey as well they have a really good coach and pretty good goalie there. And to be perfectly honest him making the Canadian team means nothing to me in terms of his production in the NHL. It displays he is a very good player which I won't disagree with but has no bearing on whether I want him or not. By that logic Chris Drury was on the USA team so he must be good. All I am saying is that its a big risk because if he isn't successful here we blew up chemistry and cap space and for him. If he is successful its great but its just a big gamble.

bsi
02-21-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm not sure where I said he was a bad player so I'm not sure where that is coming from I'm saying he's not having a good year and that's not ridiculous. Secondly Pittsburgh hasn't been hurt because they have the best two players in hockey as well they have a really good coach and pretty good goalie there. And to be perfectly honest him making the Canadian team means nothing to me in terms of his production in the NHL. It displays he is a very good player which I won't disagree with but has no bearing on whether I want him or not. By that logic Chris Drury was on the USA team so he must be good. All I am saying is that its a big risk because if he isn't successful here we blew up chemistry and cap space and for him. If he is successful its great but its just a big gamble.

What are you talking about Chris Drury and Team USA for? They were a young team in a rebuilding year that took Drury as some leadership. Nash was added to team Canada with players like St.Louis, Lecavalier etc left off the team in favour of him. You have to be able to seperate the player from his Columbus team, he's a much better player than his team is allowing him to be. He's the only guy on the team that is any type of threat year in and year out, it's easy to shut down a scorer when he's the only one you have. When we mentioned Pitsburgh you said they did well because they have two of the best players in the world, well that's what I'm trying to explain, Nash is an elite player, adding him to a group that already has Gaborik and Richards gives us three elite forwards and add to that another guy in Callahan. THAT is why we'd be better, and he's only 27 and by the sounds of things we'd only be losing Dubinsky off our current roster. If anyone can't see how much better that makes us, they haven't watched Rick Nash play hockey. If you took Corey Perry and put him in a Columbus jersey, he wouldn't get half the goals, but would that make Corey Perry any less of a player? And before you ask, yes I am comparing Corey Perry to Rick Nash, only I think Nash might even have the edge on him with his speed.

Garden Faithful
02-21-2012, 06:21 PM
What are you talking about Chris Drury and Team USA for? They were a young team in a rebuilding year that took Drury as some leadership. Nash was added to team Canada with players like St.Louis, Lecavalier etc left off the team in favour of him. You have to be able to seperate the player from his Columbus team, he's a much better player than his team is allowing him to be. He's the only guy on the team that is any type of threat year in and year out, it's easy to shut down a scorer when he's the only one you have. When we mentioned Pitsburgh you said they did well because they have two of the best players in the world, well that's what I'm trying to explain, Nash is an elite player, adding him to a group that already has Gaborik and Richards gives us three elite forwards and add to that another guy in Callahan. THAT is why we'd be better, and he's only 27 and by the sounds of things we'd only be losing Dubinsky off our current roster. If anyone can't see how much better that makes us, they haven't watched Rick Nash play hockey. If you took Corey Perry and put him in a Columbus jersey, he wouldn't get half the goals, but would that make Corey Perry any less of a player? And before you ask, yes I am comparing Corey Perry to Rick Nash, only I think Nash might even have the edge on him with his speed.

You were qualifying his skill level by illustrating that he was on team Canada that's why I mentioned Drury. The problem is if you get Nash then you limit yourself to resigning players in the next 2 and 3 years that's my worry. I'm not saying we wouldn't be better right now I'm not sure where that is coming from.

bsi
02-21-2012, 06:27 PM
You were qualifying his skill level by illustrating that he was on team Canada that's why I mentioned Drury. The problem is if you get Nash then you limit yourself to resigning players in the next 2 and 3 years that's my worry. I'm not saying we wouldn't be better right now I'm not sure where that is coming from.

We're better now, and we're better in the future with Nash, he's a big, fast, physical pure goal scorer, someone we don't have any equal to in our minor system. I'm ok with spending a couple million extra to get a real hockey player than paying a couple players 4 million each to do what Wolski and Dubinsky are doing now, or if you want to take Dubinsky out of that, what Wolski and Drury are doing right now.

Garden Faithful
02-21-2012, 06:34 PM
We're better now, and we're better in the future with Nash, he's a big, fast, physical pure goal scorer, someone we don't have any equal to in our minor system. I'm ok with spending a couple million extra to get a real hockey player than paying a couple players 4 million each to do what Wolski and Dubinsky are doing now, or if you want to take Dubinsky out of that, what Wolski and Drury are doing right now.

You don't have the room to get another coupld of $4 million players because your paying 30 million to 4 players especially since we are going to have to resign MDZ, Mac, Sauer, Stepan, Hagelin, in two years and Callahan the year after that and they are all going to get raises I just don't see how the money works out there. Let me say this again Rick Nash is a great player and would make any team better for having him (provided he continues to play to that level) but his cap hit is just a tremendous amount of money. I'd rather sign someone in the off season or trade during the off season if it's a big move like this mid season it could really be detrimental to the team.

fingerbang
02-21-2012, 06:34 PM

And Scott Gomez was a speedy playmaker, Chris Drury was a gritty, clutch, goal scorer, Wade Redden was a solid two way dman, and Brad Richards was a lock to be a plus point per game scorer...

We make the same mistake every time. We automatically assume the player will get better when he throws on a Rangers uniform. Nash is underperforming in Columbus - that's why they want to trade him. He's not worth the contract and never will be!!!

Maloney was on the radio before teh Blackhawks game. Said they're full of talent but they don't have enough lunch pale guys. That's what Dubi is.

We're a blue collar team. We're not flashy. We win by playing conservatively and playing a physical game. We don't need to give up Dubi and we certainly don't need to give up prospects.

fingerbang
02-21-2012, 06:38 PM
There are times when acquiring an expensive player is a no brainer. That's only when you have money to burn. Rick Nash could complicate things down the road. Cap flexibility is a good thing.

bsi
02-21-2012, 06:38 PM
And Scott Gomez was a speedy playmaker, Chris Drury was a gritty, clutch, goal scorer, Wade Redden was a solid two way dman, and Brad Richards was a lock to be a plus point per game scorer...

We make the same mistake every time. We automatically assume the player will get better when he throws on a Rangers uniform. Nash is underperforming in Columbus - that's why they want to trade him. He's not worth the contract and never will be!!!

Maloney was on the radio before teh Blackhawks game. Said they're full of talent but they don't have enough lunch pale guys. That's what Dubi is.

We're a blue collar team. We're not flashy. We win by playing conservatively and playing a physical game. We don't need to give up Dubi and we certainly don't need to give up prospects.

Columbus is a different market than NY, they just can't afford to keep him, which is why they are at the bottom of the league because they could never afford to ice a decent team. Their draft picks have let them down with Zherdev, Filatov, Brassard and a number of goalies etc etc, if them players had turned out they'd have players for Nash to play with but they don't, and they like everyone else knows Nash is on an island by himself so it's time for them to get some young players and rebuild as they need about 6 or 7 decent players to get the team competitive again.

fingerbang
02-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Columbus is a different market than NY, they just can't afford to keep him, which is why they are at the bottom of the league because they could never afford to ice a decent team. Their draft picks have let them down with Zherdev, Filatov, Brassard and a number of goalies etc etc, if them players had turned out they'd have players for Nash to play with but they don't, and they like everyone else knows Nash is on an island by himself so it's time for them to get some young players and rebuild as they need about 6 or 7 decent players to get the team competitive again.

The consistently spend to the cap... They invested a lot in Carter's 200 year contract in the offseason. You're right though, they want to rebuild and Nash doesn't have to be a part of it. Nash is on the market because they think they can burn someone.

bsi
02-21-2012, 06:59 PM
The consistently spend to the cap... They invested a lot in Carter's 200 year contract in the offseason. You're right though, they want to rebuild and Nash doesn't have to be a part of it. Nash is on the market because they think they can burn someone.

Well they are hoping that Carter and Nash can get the ball rolling on a rebuild. Carter has barely played this year, and I think they were better off with Voracek to be frank. Their scouting has let them down, the only good player they've ever gotten was Nash. Also, it's not that Nash doesn't have to be a part of it, Nash has been a part of a rebuild for almost 10 years, he's had enough rebuilding for one career.

Isca92
02-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Nash is on the market because it is a quick turn around. Rather then a long turn around. They can potentially become a team like edmonton, young and alot of talent in much shorter time then edmonton. A team like columbus cant afford to be that bad for that long if they are in the market. The nhl is to strong to only have one scorer and the worst goaltending in the league.

fingerbang
02-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Youth is so important in the salary cap era. Kreider could come up and score 20 for a million bucks while a guy like Nash is scoring 30 and making 8 times the amount.

bsi
02-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Youth is so important in the salary cap era. Kreider could come up and score 20 for a million bucks while a guy like Nash is scoring 30 and making 8 times the amount.

He could....but Grachev was supposed to be what Kreider was supposed to be too, and in their wildest dreams they could become Nash, but there's no guarantee's as we've seen with Grachev just like there's no guarantee Kreider could even outscore Thomas, Yogan or Colarik, the only guarantee is that Rick Nash...is Rick Nash, and we don't have to hope he turns into himself.

fingerbang
02-21-2012, 07:47 PM
He could....but Grachev was supposed to be what Kreider was supposed to be too, and in their wildest dreams they could become Nash, but there's no guarantee's as we've seen with Grachev just like there's no guarantee Kreider could even outscore Thomas, Yogan or Colarik, the only guarantee is that Rick Nash...is Rick Nash, and we don't have to hope he turns into himself.

Cmon BSI, a month ago you were putting Kreider's name next to Yzerman but now he might be the next Grachev?

I have a feeling that the people who want Nash have significantly changed their Chris Kreider scouting reports over that past few days, lol.

Kreider's a good prospect and good prospects are cheap as dirt when they first come into the league. It's important to have a good group of talent. You'll hit and miss but as long as you have enough prospects, you're guaranteed to hit a few times.

Nash is going to make 7.8 million dollars and he will probably never be worth it. If we had a lot of money to burn I might be singing a different tune, we don't.

fingerbang
02-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Rick Nash: Tied for 46th in total goals. Tied for 72nd in total points. Currently carrying a top 5 contract. He's far from a sure thing.

**** the Penguins!!!!!!

bsi
02-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Cmon BSI, a month ago you were putting Kreider's name next to Yzerman but now he might be the next Grachev?

I have a feeling that the people who want Nash have significantly changed their Chris Kreider scouting reports over that past few days, lol.

Kreider's a good prospect and good prospects are cheap as dirt when they first come into the league. It's important to have a good group of talent. You'll hit and miss but as long as you have enough prospects, you're guaranteed to hit a few times.

Nash is going to make 7.8 million dollars and he will probably never be worth it. If we had a lot of money to burn I might be singing a different tune, we don't.

Hey, I still think he has all the qualities to become an really good player, but I'm just saying there's no guarantees, Grachev was our top prospect with as much or more hype than Kreider, but things change when you make the jump from either Junior or College hockey to play with men. I'd rather have a player that is currently at the level we hope that Kreider could become, because there are no guarantees. I haven't changed what I think Kreider could be, but that's just it, he could at his maximum potential be Rick Nash, there's no guarantee he even becomes as good as Anisimov. I'd rather take the guy who is already at the level we hope Kreider reaches. Also, with regard to his contract, you aren't getting a quality top line player for nothing. I'm ok with getting Nash and offsetting his contract with Wolski's expiring contract and the savings we'll have when Drury's buyout ends. It's a no brainer, between those two contracts we have almost enough to pay for Nash, and we aren't getting anything out of those two. I'm not ready to sell the farm but I'm ok with Dubi, Kreider, Erixson and a pick.

fingerbang
02-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Hey, I still think he has all the qualities to become an really good player, but I'm just saying there's no guarantees, Grachev was our top prospect with as much or more hype than Kreider, but things change when you make the jump from either Junior or College hockey to play with men. I'd rather have a player that is currently at the level we hope that Kreider could become, because there are no guarantees. I haven't changed what I think Kreider could be, but that's just it, he could at his maximum potential be Rick Nash, there's no guarantee he even becomes as good as Anisimov. I'd rather take the guy who is already at the level we hope Kreider reaches.

I'll agree to disagree on the trade. You're one of the best posters on here and you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I'd probably project Kreider to be an Erik Cole type talent.

I'm just all about the long term and I'd like to see the team continue to do what they've finally started to get right - drafting and developing.

J4KOP99
02-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Lundvist making some big saves early

(trying to get away from all the Rick Nash talk in the GT)

jets1989
02-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Anemic power play as usual, still looking for that offensive spark...

Rangers in 7
02-21-2012, 08:47 PM
they played horrible that period

on a side note keep the nash talk out of the game thread please....

bsi
02-21-2012, 08:48 PM
I'll agree to disagree on the trade. You're one of the best posters on here and you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I'd probably project Kreider to be an Erik Cole type talent.

I'm just all about the long term and I'd like to see the team continue to do what they've finally started to get right - drafting and developing.

Yup, like I say we don't always have to agree, but we're all here for the same reason in the end...GO RANGERS. Tight game so far tonight

bsi
02-21-2012, 08:49 PM
they played horrible that period

on a side note keep the nash talk out of the game thread please....

It kind of took a life of it's own, actually forgot what thread I was in..lol

jets1989
02-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Does anyone else feel like lunquist makes unreal saves that almost bail our team out. Yes we have a good team, with a very good young d, but he makes some saves esp on 2nd chance opportunities most goalies wont make. Without him... oh my! But I like Hagelin tonight, MDZ, and Hank so far. Mcdonagh doing a good job keeping malkin quiet.

Rangers in 7
02-21-2012, 08:50 PM
It kind of took a life of it's own, actually forgot what thread I was in..lol

hahah its ok, i did it too

fingerbang
02-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Considering we average about 6 posts per game in the gameday thread i really don't think it's that big of a deal, lol.

Hopefully they get it together in the second.

Rangers in 7
02-21-2012, 09:05 PM
they are horrendous so far

J4KOP99
02-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Lundqvist plays Malkin the same way everytime... and Malkin scores the same way every time. Malkin brings it to his back hand and waits for lundvist to drop, then he lifts it.

bsi
02-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Malkin is the leading scorer for a reason, what were both D doing in so deep, and why is Richards pinching in that situation with 4 players ahead of him.

J4KOP99
02-21-2012, 09:10 PM
This PP looks a little better but we always have the same problem... we never hit the net. At least we are getting movement though.

What a save on Anisimov.

jets1989
02-21-2012, 09:13 PM
PP looked good, wish gaborik put that on net at least, still not physical enough, send the 4th line out there or something, lets get it going. Prust did a good job drawing that penalty.

fingerbang
02-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Meh idk about that call

jets1989
02-21-2012, 09:19 PM
thats a bad call, home team gets stupid calls like that, so close by MCD.

J4KOP99
02-21-2012, 09:19 PM
******** penalty call and I really thought McD put that in.

J4KOP99
02-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Penguins are just completely outplaying us.

bsi
02-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Staal penalty was a bad call, ref wasn't in a good position to see it really...brutal