PDA

View Full Version : Heat vs Bulls: The Fight For Joel Pryzbilla's Services

KB-Pau-DH2012
02-01-2012, 04:35 PM
As if we didn't have Bulls and Heat fans at each other's throats on PSD. ;)

Sean Deveney: Agent Bill Duffy also said that Joel Przybilla will choose between the #Heat and #Bulls by week's end. Twitter

Sean Deveney: For Przybilla, the proximity of Chicago to his family in Wisconsin will, "have no effect," on his Bulls-Heat choice. Twitter

http://rotoworld.com/player/nba/686/joel-przybilla

Joel Przybilla's agent, Bill Duffy, confirmed that the center is weighing offers to sign with either the Bulls or Heat, possibly as early as this week.
On paper, it would seem like the Heat need Przybilla more than the Bulls, who already have Joakim Noah, Omer Asik and Taj Gibson manning a very deep front line. We will have to wait and see on where Przybilla ends up, but it looks like the finalists are the two top teams in the East. Feb 1 - 3:15 PM
Source: Chicago Tribune

Bullsfan22
02-01-2012, 04:49 PM
He'd be the third string center in Chicago. He would make more of an impact on the Heat.

Chicagofaithful
02-01-2012, 04:53 PM
I'd love to have him but unfortunately if I were him this is a no brainer, you go to the heat. He'd probably start immediately as opposed to playing 10 minutes max in Chicago. We already have a shot blocking, rebounding white dude there isn't much room for two.

bucketss
02-01-2012, 05:01 PM
bulls probably want him just so the heat dont get him, i dont think they need him at all

Rosh
02-01-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm feeling South Beach on this one.

Cubby
02-01-2012, 05:09 PM
bulls probably want him just so the heat dont get him, i dont think they need him at all

Since pretty much all of our big men are prone to injury yeah, we do need him. Just not as much as the Heat do.

Shmontaine
02-01-2012, 05:12 PM
it's a big hole to fill in miami... maybe he would like to be an addition to an already strong frontcourt and play spot minutes...

but i would imagine if he feels he can play 30 minutes a game, he will choose miami... he would slow miami down a bit though...

TO Rapz
02-01-2012, 05:21 PM
If I were Pryz I'd sign with the Heat...he wouldn't get much PT in Chicago, but the Chicago bigmen are injury prone. If I were the Bulls I'd really try to sign him, they get a serviceable big man and at the same time block the Heat.

DeathB4Dishonor
02-01-2012, 05:22 PM
If he actually wants playing time I think it's pretty obvious he will choose Miami .. Chicago would be making a huge mistake playing him more minutes over Noah/Boozer/Gibson/Asik

TylerSL
02-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Ive been saying for the Heat to get him this whole time. I really want him to come here. I wouldnt rule out Chicago tho, I would bet money the Bulls dont want him just to keep him away from Miami. If I was the Bulls, I would try to get him in case they get Dwight as well. If they have to end up giving Noah and Taj in a deal for Dwight, they will need Pryzbilla. Even if they dont get Dwight, he can still get some playing time. I could see Chicago trying something like going really big with a lineup of Rose-Deng-Taj-Boozer/Noah-Pryzbilla if they were to aquire him. So I think its 50-50 where he will go. Hopefully Miami tho, Joel has actually been much better than he has in the past, but he is still wayyyyy to small and Miami has 0 depth at C. We have to bring somebody in at C and Pryzbilla is 100x better than anybody else out there currently.

gotoHcarolina52
02-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Bye bye Mickell Gladness

Phenomenonsense
02-01-2012, 05:46 PM
If Bulls pick him up that is huge. That allows Asik or Gibson to become trade bait for a good SG.

godolphins
02-01-2012, 05:51 PM
I rather have Kenyon Martin.

Wade>You
02-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Waive Curry, sign Pryzbilla

TylerSL
02-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Waive Curry, sign Pryzbilla

Miami would cut Gladness before they cut Curry. I understand Miami isnt paying Curry hardly anything nor is he in the rotation, but why waste so much time on him if your going to just cut him 2 months later?

Wade>You
02-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Miami would cut Gladness before they cut Curry. I understand Miami isnt paying Curry hardly anything nor is he in the rotation, but why waste so much time on him if your going to just cut him 2 months later?You're right, my bad about that. I keep forgetting that Gladness is on our roster. Thanks for clearing that up. And I like that Curry can throw his weight around and play physical, so I'd rather keep him.

RSA27
02-01-2012, 06:06 PM
The Vanilla Gorilla would fit in nice with the Bulls, a good shot blocker who is also injury prone, just what we like from our big men in Chicago.

Rosh
02-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Don't think there's much of a fight. I think Miami's got this one in the bag.

daleja424
02-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Does it matter? Does he even have anything left? Is this really a difference maker for either team.

justinnum1
02-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Would be a nice get.

beasted86
02-01-2012, 06:32 PM
He is injury prone, and I think his knees are done. I'm also not sure what shape he's in having not played basketball since last March. That said, the HEAT have nothing to lose for the veteran minimum.

Regardless of where he signs he won't have a big role.

Mr Wonderful
02-01-2012, 06:35 PM
You're right, my bad about that. I keep forgetting that Gladness is on our roster. Thanks for clearing that up. And I like that Curry can throw his weight around and play physical, so I'd rather keep him.

When was that? :confused:

SteBO
02-01-2012, 06:41 PM
I like our team as constructed, but you won't hear me complain if we do indeed get him.

kntresistheheat
02-01-2012, 06:50 PM
If we get him, then we will see gladness cut and Anthony moving back to the 4spot eventually. I think in a month or two we will see a rotation of Joel/Curry with curry starting at some point this year. I just don't see Pryzbilla a difference maker or fitting our system period. We have nothing to lose if we get him.

NewSoxDynasty
02-01-2012, 07:03 PM

Chicago wants him so they can trade Noah and Asik to Orlando in a trade for Dwight Howard. He would then become the second center behind Dwight.

therealwd27
02-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Hopefully he picks Miami..Curry isnt going to get cut..Hes doing ok with his limited time, foul trouble has to be expected hes played what 20 min since hes signed? ..Bye Bye Gladness..you will be missed. your facial expressions on the bench are great!

naps
02-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Bulls don't need him at all. They have Noah and Ashik. Heat could actually use him.

HouRealCoach
02-01-2012, 08:02 PM
I think he will go the Bulls...

godolphins
02-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Does it matter? Does he even have anything left? Is this really a difference maker for either team.

No, he's probably another Troy Murphy(Boston version).

Cubby
02-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Bulls don't need him at all. They have Noah and Ashik. Heat could actually use him.

That's just ignorant, man. All of our bigs are injury prone, so getting a fifth big man is almost essential.

1-800-STFU
02-01-2012, 10:41 PM
You're right, my bad about that. I keep forgetting that Gladness is on our roster. Thanks for clearing that up. And I like that Curry can throw his weight around and play physical, so I'd rather keep him.

....are you sure we are talking about the same Eddy Curry?

Cubby
02-01-2012, 10:55 PM
....are you sure we are talking about the same Eddy Curry?

Apparently Curry became a viable center recently.

Akagaminosteven
02-01-2012, 11:52 PM
"The Fight For Joel Pryzbilla's Services."

Nothing against him, but this just goes to show you that absolutely anything is conceivable as a headline.

Chronz
02-02-2012, 12:52 AM
I wanted him on the Clippers

Cracka2HI!
02-02-2012, 02:04 AM
I wanted him on the Clippers

I think this is good news for us. I'm hoping for K-Mart.

utl768
02-02-2012, 02:45 AM
sign this beast

lavilevi23
02-02-2012, 07:11 AM
He will look good in a HEAT jersey. :cool:

JasonJohnHorn
02-02-2012, 08:55 AM
I think the best fit for him is actually Boston, or perhaps the Spurs. Both those teams are proven winners and need somebody at center. You put Prys next to Garnett, Pierce, Allen and Rondo, and that is a better starting five than he would have in Miami. Plus Boston would have a deeper bench.

The Spurs would do well to have him, a starting line-up that had him at center, Duncan, Jefferson, Ginobli and Parker... that's be a hard starting five to beat. And like Boston, they to have a deeper bench than Miami.

There are better options for him than Chi-town and Miami. If I was him I'd rather be playing in Chi-town because they stand a better chance of winning, given their depth and the PG, but he would get less minutes there. Then again, Prys has been used to earning his minutes and I'm sure his play on the court would take minutes away from Noah.

justinnum1
02-02-2012, 09:39 AM
I think the best fit for him is actually Boston, or perhaps the Spurs. Both those teams are proven winners and need somebody at center. You put Prys next to Garnett, Pierce, Allen and Rondo, and that is a better starting five than he would have in Miami. Plus Boston would have a deeper bench.

The Spurs would do well to have him, a starting line-up that had him at center, Duncan, Jefferson, Ginobli and Parker... that's be a hard starting five to beat. And like Boston, they to have a deeper bench than Miami.

There are better options for him than Chi-town and Miami. If I was him I'd rather be playing in Chi-town because they stand a better chance of winning, given their depth and the PG, but he would get less minutes there. Then again, Prys has been used to earning his minutes and I'm sure his play on the court would take minutes away from Noah.
whoops...misread...