PDA

View Full Version : Prospects we may see in 2012

heusy_79
02-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Title says it all... Which prospects have a realistic chance to push their way onto the 25 man roster out of ST? Who will mash the high minor leagues early and earn a mid-season call-up? Which pitchers will get the first look if someone goes down hurt? How many youngsters are in line for a September call-up in your books as it stands now? And finally...what prospect do wish to see most this season and why?

Go

BlueJaysFan
02-01-2012, 03:34 PM
d'Arnaud
Hutchison
McGuire

Sanyo
02-01-2012, 03:42 PM
d'Arnaud
Hutchison
McGuire

ditto. Maybe some B list ones like Moises Sierra as well if they really need an outfielder...otherwise those are your three --

2014 will be fun with Marisnick, Syndergaard, Nicolino :)

nithanyo
02-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Which pitcher has the best shot out of ST?
I hope a spect gets a spot in the rotation right out of spring training. I really don't want Cecil and to a lesser extent Mcgowan.

DeRozan10
02-01-2012, 04:04 PM
I hope a spect gets a spot in the rotation right out of spring training. I really don't want Cecil and to a lesser extent Mcgowan.

I'm willing to give both of them 10 or so starts to see if they can show they have some value before we give up on them or send them to the pen

DeRozan10
02-01-2012, 04:06 PM
As for prospects ....

d'Arnaud
Hutchinson
McGuire
Jenkins

and maybe Gose

AA also talked highly of Evan Crawford, a lefty relielver. Could see him at any point

Farsight
02-01-2012, 04:31 PM
I hope a spect gets a spot in the rotation right out of spring training. I really don't want Cecil and to a lesser extent Mcgowan. Drabek probably does, but hes not a prospect anymore. More than likely McGuire, as Hutchinson is younger and the jays probably want to see him in the minors for a longer period of time

Mitchell133
02-01-2012, 06:17 PM
After McGowan and Cecil play like garbage, and Morrow shows that he has no consistency as a #2, Hutchison will get the call up.

If Alvarez doesn't pitch well... We're in big trouble. Maybe Deck sees some time, but he's not going to bring upside and much excitement.

Beastin'downlow
02-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Should see d'Arnaud in august/september. That's all I can I say is basically a lock tbh, because we probably won't have room in our pen for somebody, drabek will probably be the guy up for the bottom of our rotation. I expect all our fringe rotation guys to be out by 2013, and our high end pitching prospects will go up against each other for the 4th and 5th spots in our rotation IMO. Can't wait.

Kenny Powders
02-02-2012, 12:02 AM

I seen what you did there. Oh wait, no I didn't.

idrinkpepsi
02-02-2012, 12:56 AM
I think without a doubt d'Arnaud and possibly Hutchinson if the back end of our rotation fails.