PDA

View Full Version : All-Prime Team

ThuglifeJ
01-31-2012, 12:37 AM
jus for fun. What team right now would be the best if every player on the current roster was in his prime-stage of his career. No "future prime's" they have to have already earned it.
Some scary notables

Celtics
Rondo
Allen (sonics/bucks)
Pierce
Garnett (wolves)
J'Oneal (Pacers)

Hawks
Joe Johnson
Stackhouse (pistons)
TMac (Orlando)
Smith
Horford

Mavericks
Kidd (Nets)
VC (Raptors)
Marion (Suns)
Dirk
Haywood (washington)

bench- Odom (Miami/LA), Terry

Heat
Chalmers
Wade
Lebron (cleveland)
Bosh (raptors)
Curry (bulls)

Spurs
Parker
Ginobili
Jefferson (nets)
Blair
Duncan

Lakers
Fisher
Kobe
Artest (kings)
Gasol (memphis)
Bynum

Bulls
Mike James

and you can't count out Knicks or even the Suns..Nash and Hill could do plenty of work.

Hellcrooner
01-31-2012, 12:43 AM
dude.

Fisher in his prime ( can deffend and makes shots)
KObe in his prime ( not need to tell anything)
Artest in his prime ( led the kings to the playoffs, )
Pau in his prime ( lead crap as hell company to playoffs, then turns lakers form 1st round exit to champions)
Bynum ( we dont even know how good can he be)

its not even close, and you have not put them in the poll?

Come on be serious

ChaseHamels
01-31-2012, 12:50 AM
Celtics

ThuglifeJ
01-31-2012, 12:53 AM
wish I could edit polls because I forgot about Metta, but idk I dont think that Lakers team is even competable with Celtics or Mavs..do you remember how good Kidd was?

Kidd would utilize that team like nuts.. Kidd in his prime (we all know, top defense on any PG even SGs, amazing point guard), Vinsanity (Toronto early Nets VC was ungaurdable. 30 in his sleep). Dirk (unguardable). Haywood was actually a darn good center in Washington. Pheonix Shawn Marion is an all league defender in his prime and can score/rebound like mad off ball. Then Terry and miami Odom or Laker Odom off bench. That's nuts.

Celtics you have current Rondo, Supersonic/Buck Ray Allen. younger Pierce. TWolves KG. and PACERS O NEAL.

that trumps Lakers team by far imo. Marion/Kidd trump Fisher/Artest with ease. same with Rondo/KG.

still i should have defently added in poll

Raps08-09 Champ
01-31-2012, 12:55 AM
dude.

Fisher in his prime ( can deffend and makes shots)
KObe in his prime ( not need to tell anything)
Artest in his prime ( led the kings to the playoffs, )
Pau in his prime ( lead crap as hell company to playoffs, then turns lakers form 1st round exit to champions)
Bynum ( we dont even know how good can he be)

its not even close, and you have not put them in the poll?

Come on be serious

Not even close?

Celtics would have 2 top defenders in the paint, 2 great shooters in the wings and a passing and defensive PG.

Get outta here.

SeoulBeatz
01-31-2012, 12:57 AM
celtics or mavs.

those two teams basically have 90% of the all stars of 10 years ago.

sixer04fan
01-31-2012, 12:58 AM
The Celtics team is the best I think. A prime Ray Allen, KG, Pierce, and Jermaine O'neal? That's an Olympic team right there... And add in what Rondo's been doing for some years now. Ridiculous. Just imagine if the question was asked last year and you add a prime Shaq to that. Unreal.

Pretty crazy to think about the Hawks too... T-Mac and Stackhouse in their primes were so much better than anyone currently on that team. That's no knock on JJ, Smith, and Horford, they were just elite superstars, best scorers in the league.

The Mavericks team is pretty crazy too when you consider how amazing Kidd and Marion used to be. And the Suns as you mentioned with Nash and Hill.

ThuglifeJ
01-31-2012, 01:07 AM
^I know, I was thinking the same, what if Shaq was still on that roster itd be 3 of the best bigs in game. And don't forget Ray Allen was a good slahser in prime too with those 3s. If Spurs still had McDyes too. Theyd have a shot in this

Mavs would be the most entertaining to me with Vinsanity Matrix and kidd utilizing them, followed by the Hawks (Mac and Stack?). but Celtics got the all defensive team right there. they win

Cal827
01-31-2012, 01:08 AM
Y'all are stupid. Mike James trumps everything there, bar none.

bholly
01-31-2012, 01:08 AM
Gotta go with the C's. It's always tough to pick anyone above prime TD, though, and that Kidd/VC/Dirk trio with Marion helping out would be awesome too.

McPeak92
01-31-2012, 01:33 AM
Don't forget

Bibby(kings)
Davis(Hornets/Warriors)
Melo
Stat(suns)
Chandler(mavs)

But I'd have Lakers slightly edging out Celtics as best team.

McPeak92
01-31-2012, 01:39 AM
oh yah and

Curry(CHI/NYK)
Bosh
Battier(memphis)
Wade
LeBron

with Mike Miller off bench

numba1CHANGsta
01-31-2012, 01:50 AM
Its Lakers easily

Fisher(defend/clutch/long range shooter)
Kobe(dont really need to explain)
Artest(best shut down defender in the game and could shoot 3's)
Pau(probably the second best offensively PF behind only Dirk)
Bynum(healthy Bynum means high shooting percentage/blocks/rebounds/dunks/defensive presence)

beans439
01-31-2012, 02:11 AM
im a huge laker fan, but gotta go with the celtics on this one...people forget how good jermaine oneal in indy and kg in minny were...those two are too much for gasol and bynum prime...kobe would be the best on the court but...whats crazy is i think paul pierce would be the worst of the starters imo...haha. fun question

Corey
01-31-2012, 02:45 AM
Man, just thinking about prime JO makes me a sad panda.

Seeing him play the last few years has been tough

WadeKobe
01-31-2012, 03:00 AM
celtics or mavs.

those two teams basically have 90% of the all stars of 10 years ago.

This.

I'd probably go with Celtics... but that Mavs team is nasty.

Kidd with VC, SM, and Dirk? :speechless:

braveniler58
01-31-2012, 04:20 AM
If everyone on the Suns were at their prime, then the lineup would be this:

Steve Nash
Michael Redd
Grant Hill
Markieff Morris
Marcin Gortat

And that'd be a scary team.

MTar786
01-31-2012, 05:01 AM
Lakers
Fisher
Kobe
Artest (pacers)
Gasol (lakers)
Bynum

Bulls
Mike James

and you can't count out Knicks or even the Suns..Nash and Hill could do plenty of work.

fixed

Celtics33
01-31-2012, 05:14 AM
jus for fun. What team right now would be the best if every player on the current roster was in his prime-stage of his career. No "future prime's" they have to have already earned it.
Some scary notables

Celtics
Rondo
Allen (sonics/bucks)
Pierce
Garnett (wolves)
J'Oneal (Pacers)

Hawks
Joe Johnson
Stackhouse (pistons)
TMac (Orlando)
Smith
Horford

Mavericks
Kidd (Nets)
VC (Raptors)
Marion (Suns)
Dirk
Haywood (washington)

bench- Odom (Miami/LA), Terry

Heat
Chalmers
Wade
Lebron (cleveland)
Bosh (raptors)
Curry (bulls)

Spurs
Parker
Ginobili
Jefferson (nets)
Blair
Duncan

Lakers
Fisher
Kobe
Artest (kings)
Gasol (memphis)
Bynum

Bulls
Mike James

How is LeBron and Bosh not as good as they were in Toronto and Cleveland? They aren't worse, if anything there better.

Slug3
01-31-2012, 11:09 AM
I think for the Heat I woulod much rather had J. Howard at Center in his prime than Curry.

AntiG
01-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Celtics easily. Backtrack this one year, and the "all-prime" Celtics might have the greatest lineup in the history of the NBA lololol between Shaq, KG, Pierce, Allen and Rondo

PacersForLife
01-31-2012, 11:22 AM
It would have to be the Celtics. There's a reason they won a championship when they traded for Ray Allen and Garnett. They weren't even in their primes then. Also, Jermaine O'Neal was one of the best players in the league at one point... believe me I watched him his whole career.

Jetsguy
01-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Celtics and Mavs would be such a sick series to watch.

omdigga
01-31-2012, 11:46 AM

x2

kozelkid
01-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Not even close?

Celtics would have 2 top defenders in the paint, 2 great shooters in the wings and a passing and defensive PG.

Get outta here.

No kidding. What a load of crap.

I'll take Boston as well.

kozelkid
01-31-2012, 11:52 AM

Until Vince Carter decides to go to his graduation.

Greet
01-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Prime Kidd and Dirk > Stack and Malone

I'm sorry but that Mavs team would be unstoppable. Marion and Haywood defending in their primes. VC and JKidd reunited. Dirk....with Odom and Terry off the bench.

Hawkamania
01-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Celtics you have current Rondo, Supersonic/Buck Ray Allen. younger Pierce. TWolves KG. and PACERS O NEAL.

that trumps Lakers team by far imo. Marion/Kidd trump Fisher/Artest with ease. same with Rondo/KG.

This, although you could make an argument for the Mavs as well (as some already have).

Raps08-09 Champ
01-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Does everyone forget the Mavs would have Odom and Terry in their prime?

Gibby23
01-31-2012, 12:35 PM
The Celtics from last year with Shaq

Jint.
01-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Celtics vs Mavs.. Celtics win

KingPosey
01-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Who is this Artest guy?

ThuglifeJ
01-31-2012, 02:15 PM

would be f'in nuts..

no ones lovin the Hawks tho? Tracy McGrady and Jstack in their prime? come on don't forget how dirty that'd be..with JJ and Josh Smith supporting, and Horford a good center? That team would compete..

Hawkeye15
01-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Celtics, then Mavs, in that order for me

NJBASEBALL22
01-31-2012, 02:33 PM
1. Celtics... don't forget how good KG was. 14 or 15 bounds a game
2. Mavs... Kidd wouldn't have to take one contested shot on that roster
3. Spurs... Prime RJ and Duncan with a healthy Manu is scary
4. Lakers... I like them defensively and they have Kobe so this team is really a wildcard if Kobe is hot
5. Heat... Bosh/Curry can't contend with C's big men
6. Hawks... Lack of bigs but TMac, Stack, JJ is a stick backcourt. Josh Smith is more of a SF to me.

brodawgs
01-31-2012, 03:02 PM
1. Celtics: Dominant defensively in the paint with KG and O'neal. Exceptional scorers with Pierce and Allen. A great passer and defensive point guard with Rondo. Easily the most complete team on here. :drool:

2. Mavericks: Kidd, VC, Dirk, Marion with Odom and Terry off the bench? :drool: Not quite as complete as the C's but definitely more versatile and more depth. Kidd, Dirk, and Marion do it all, VC was a great slasher and perimeter threat.

3. Hawks: Can you say offense? JJ, Stackhouse, and TMac? Ridiculous. Add two offensive yet versatile big men with Smith and Horford, you got 100 points every game.

4. Lakers: Fisher was clutch as hell, Artest used to be one of the most feared defense-men, Gasol is great on the boards and a great scorer. Kobe is obviously Kobe. Bynum is a question mark. It seems that just now he's coming into his prime. He has been excellent, but compared to the other big men above, he's just not as proven.

5. Heat: It's still just the big three really. Chalmers and Curry aren't bad players, but they don't compare to anyone above. Since it is Wade, Lebron, and Bosh, they'd still compete with the a fore mentioned teams.

NJBASEBALL22
01-31-2012, 03:41 PM
1. Celtics: Dominant defensively in the paint with KG and O'neal. Exceptional scorers with Pierce and Allen. A great passer and defensive point guard with Rondo. Easily the most complete team on here. :drool:

2. Mavericks: Kidd, VC, Dirk, Marion with Odom and Terry off the bench? :drool: Not quite as complete as the C's but definitely more versatile and more depth. Kidd, Dirk, and Marion do it all, VC was a great slasher and perimeter threat.

3. Hawks: Can you say offense? JJ, Stackhouse, and TMac? Ridiculous. Add two offensive yet versatile big men with Smith and Horford, you got 100 points every game.

4. Lakers: Fisher was clutch as hell, Artest used to be one of the most feared defense-men, Gasol is great on the boards and a great scorer. Kobe is obviously Kobe. Bynum is a question mark. It seems that just now he's coming into his prime. He has been excellent, but compared to the other big men above, he's just not as proven.

5. Heat: It's still just the big three really. Chalmers and Curry aren't bad players, but they don't compare to anyone above. Since it is Wade, Lebron, and Bosh, they'd still compete with the a fore mentioned teams.

Just wondering, what about the Spurs?

Duncan is this prime is a top 10 player ever... Best PF ever and 2nd best big in the league throughout his career behind Shaq. Manu is a great 2... he does everything. And RJ in his prime with NJ was one of the best athletes and wing defenders in the league. RJ was one of the best slashers because of his athleticism and had a very reliable J... He was a 20/6/3 guy shooting 47%. That is a great compliment to Duncan and Manu (18/5/4 guy who shoots 46/39/85). Not a fan of Parker but he is efficient and in his prime a good enough defender- decent/efficient scorer and passer (19/3/6 on 50 % shooting). Plus he is fast and can get to the rim and a very good J from medium range. He is better than Fisher and Chalmers and a notch below Rondo. Blair at the 4 his a good rebounder but doesn't offer anything Defensively but that's ok because you throw him on the Curry, Horford, or Hayward and they all cancel out leaving Duncan as hands down better than Dirk, Bosh, J. Smith, and Gasol. So as a match-up... Duncan/Blair isn't as bad as it sounds.

1. Kidd dal, Rondo bos, JJ atl, Parker sas, Fisher lal, Chalmers mia
2. Kobe lal, Wade mia, Allen bos, Manu sas, VC dal, Stack atl
3. LBJ mia, TMac atl, Pierce bos, Marion dal, Artest lal, RJ sas
4. KG bos, Duncan sas, Dirk dal, Gasol lal, Bosh mia, J. Smith atl
5. J. O'Niel bos, Horford atl, Bynum lal, Hayward dal, Blair sas, Anthony mia
Bench- Terry/Odom dal, Murphy/Barnes/Blake/Kapono lal, Miller/Battier/Haslem mia, Bass/Peitris bos, Willie Green/Marvin Williams atl, No one notable sas

I put LA's bench at 2 because of pure depth. Miami's bench, which was one of its biggest weaknesses last season, is actually quite nice. At PF, Duncan and Garnett are a toss up. J. Smith is a great help defender but really plays out of position. Artest and RJ were great but SF is just so loaded. C is really weak. Bynum might be number two based on this season but I believe your prime is more than one season.

The wings are LOADED on these teams, so to me, the difference maker is who has the better other spots... ie. PG/PF/C.
Boston, Dallas, La, and San Antonio make the cut for me Miami and Atl just aren't deep enough.

1. Boston- brings it at the pg, pf and c spots with an okay bench.
2. Dallas- has a weaker SF but has the best pg, a great 4 and a solid defensive C.
3. LA- deepest bench, great frontcourt and defense but weakest pg.
4. SAS- Weakest wings but solid all-around.

I think Boston is the best but any other team could give them a run.

nickdymez
01-31-2012, 03:52 PM
Lakers/Celtics easy