PDA

View Full Version : Tallest High School player at 7'5"

knicks=love
01-30-2012, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-CThQskBM&feature=youtu.be

Mamadou Ndiaye plays for Brethren Christian High School in California. Doe he have an NBA future?

Cal827
01-30-2012, 06:35 PM
I could have sworn we had a thread like this in the past. He's going to have serious leg problems no matter what he becomes.

Fresno
01-30-2012, 06:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-CThQskBM&feature=youtu.be

Mamadou Ndiaye plays for Brethren Christian High School in California. Doe he have an NBA future?

You'd think NBA fans would be more knowledgable about the NBA than the random Yahoo columnist who mentions a 7'5 HS player like hes going to come into college or the NBA and dominate.

Hes has no NBA future.

Hes not even a high profile recruit, which means hes getting mid-major/low-major interest as a big man "project" for the staff to develop into a decent player at that level.

shep33
01-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Sadly, I highly doubt it. He's way too slow. Dunking on 5'8 kids and going up against the NBA's elite like D12, Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol and Andray Blatche :) he'd just never make it up the court with those guys.

But you never know.

Spiggity_ace
01-30-2012, 06:48 PM
wasn't there an nba player named mamadou ndiaye?

who knows hes in high school, he could have health issues or become a beast, hes just a kid.

shep33
01-30-2012, 06:50 PM
wasn't there an nba player named mamadou ndiaye?

who knows hes in high school, he could have health issues or become a beast, hes just a kid.

I think your right. And i'm pretty sure he was on the Raps at one point wasn't he?

But yeah too young to tell

Swashcuff
01-30-2012, 06:54 PM
I could have sworn we had a thread like this in the past. He's going to have serious leg problems no matter what he becomes.

Yea I'm having deja vu myself :laugh2:

In the description of the video it speaks of him having knee issues in the 2nd half so yea I fully agree that he's most likely to have leg issues.

THE GIPPER
01-30-2012, 06:56 PM
How old is he

IgglesFanInCO
01-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Thats the JV squad lol

Confusious
01-30-2012, 07:19 PM
How the **** did he lose the tip?

TO Rapz
01-30-2012, 07:20 PM
He actually has kind of a soft touch for a man his height.

TO Rapz
01-30-2012, 07:20 PM

And this. Youtube comments ftw.

theducksmuggler
01-30-2012, 07:23 PM
All the evidence I needed to say he is nothing is that he is 7'5" and he lost the opening tipoff

Hawkeye15
01-30-2012, 07:25 PM
nope. I have seen other clips of him getting knocked down, and he looked like he was 190 years old trying to get up. His body won't hold up. But hey, he will get a free education most likely.

JasonJohnHorn
01-30-2012, 07:27 PM

The official threw it under the dude. You saw his hands high up waiting for the ball to come up and the kid under him grabbed the tip before it even got that high. funny play though.

JasonJohnHorn
01-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Its hard to say if he's got NBA potential because he is playing against kids that, even at 6'4 say, are over a foot shorter than him, and those kids didnt even look that tall. I don't think the was anybody over 6 feet on either team.

But Shaq had this problem when he was in highschool. He was just tall, and they threw the ball into him and he didnt have a chance to develop his game until he got to college. that's going to be the same with this kid. He will be a project and he may or may not work out, but hey, Shawn Bradley had a good college career and he got drafted high in the draft, I can see this kid getting picked up just because of his size alone.

He won't get a chance to grow as a player until he meets up with guys who are 6'10-7'2. And who knows, maybe he'll excel at that point, but its hard to say based on what was shown in this video.

alexander_37
01-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Isaiah Austin is a 10x better prospect.

mlisica19
01-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Your 7'5 playing ball, you def have a chance at the NBA.

A better chance than most.

Now he he better do his homework. Physically and mentally train his body, if thats what he wishes to do.

A lot of these NBA players dont properly work on their knees. He better do it now, stretch it and strengthen it accordingly.

theducksmuggler
01-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Like some one said above atleast this kid will get a free education...

mlisica19
01-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Its hard to say if he's got NBA potential because he is playing against kids that, even at 6'4 say, are over a foot shorter than him, and those kids didnt even look that tall. I don't think the was anybody over 6 feet on either team.

But Shaq had this problem when he was in highschool. He was just tall, and they threw the ball into him and he didnt have a chance to develop his game until he got to college. that's going to be the same with this kid. He will be a project and he may or may not work out, but hey, Shawn Bradley had a good college career and he got drafted high in the draft, I can see this kid getting picked up just because of his size alone.

He won't get a chance to grow as a player until he meets up with guys who are 6'10-7'2. And who knows, maybe he'll excel at that point, but its hard to say based on what was shown in this video.

At 7'5... he ranks as the tallest current NBA player or among the top 2.
If the kid really wants to be in the NBA or have a playing career, he better work on his knees.

You make it seem like Shaq was not good in the pros lol. Develop his game? He got the ball and dominated the post. All he really needed to do was improve his FT and shooting. But even without that, he is very well argued one of the top 5 players.

Celtics33
01-30-2012, 11:08 PM

I thought I saw a similar thread like this before.

Gram
01-30-2012, 11:51 PM
He's a big boy.