PDA

View Full Version : Report: Lakers, Cavs talking Ramon Sessions trade

Fresno
01-30-2012, 06:31 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers have talked with the Cleveland Cavaliers about possibly acquiring guard Ramon Sessions, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. No deal is imminent, but the Lakers view Sessions as a candidate who could help their depleted backcourt.

Cleveland is interested in stockpiling draft picks in potential deals, sources said. Several teams have inquired about Sessions lately, front-office sources said. The Lakers have a handful of players on short-term deals who canít be traded until March 1.

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/34629960

h2r09
01-30-2012, 06:35 PM
would be a good addition for the lakers. they need a pg and this guy is good although he is a bad shooter. fisher isn't a starting pg now that jackson is gone.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-30-2012, 06:37 PM
would be a good addition for the lakers. they need a pg and this guy is good although he is a bad shooter. fisher isn't a starting pg now that jackson is gone.

We have enough bad shooters. I hope this does not happen. I dont know who they could get, but I dont want them to use the TPE on a $4 million dollar player.

lakerboy
01-30-2012, 06:40 PM
We definitely shouldn't use the TPE until the smoke is for Dwight Howard.

Fresno
01-30-2012, 06:40 PM
We have enough bad shooters. I hope this does not happen. I dont know who they could get, but I dont want them to use the TPE on a $4 million dollar player.

You do realize that the Lakers would still have their TPE?

If they took on Sessions, they'd still have another $4 Million on their TPE to make another move if necessary.

Iron24th
01-30-2012, 06:43 PM
I'll give him a shot.

shep33
01-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Yeah if we use our TPE we'd still have like almost 5 mill left, if his contract is only 4 mill.

That being said, I don't think the Lakers will use their either of their 2 first rounders to get him until the Howard scenario plays out. Have to be like a 2013 first rounder if anything

Arch Stanton
01-30-2012, 06:45 PM
I think either a 2012 or 2013 first rounder is worth it for the Cavs.

h2r09
01-30-2012, 06:47 PM
the lakers need to get deeper and you need more quality players. whether he can shoot or not you need better players, and if you can get sessions for a late first rounder you have to pull the trigger. you can get howard at anytime if you just give up who they want. you aren't winning anything with your current team, not saying sessions is some missing piece but he would certainly help.

the lakers are pretty awful after their 3 players.

mnatiq
01-30-2012, 06:47 PM
just get jose calderon already.

shep33
01-30-2012, 06:48 PM

If it's a 2013 I think the Lakers do it, but probably not for this year's draft. Not saying Sessions isn't worth it, but I just think they want to hold onto them for some deadline deals.

We'd probably give you guys a young player back too. Maybe Darius Morris or Derrick Caracter

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-30-2012, 07:50 PM
You do realize that the Lakers would still have their TPE?

If they took on Sessions, they'd still have another $4 Million on their TPE to make another move if necessary.

I would rather have one really good player worth 9 million, than two decent ones at 4 and 5 respectively. But I dont know if that player is out there. I just hope the Clippers want to save some cap money and let Mo Williams go. But that will never happen.

h2r09
01-30-2012, 08:02 PM
I would rather have one really good player worth 9 million, than two decent ones at 4 and 5 respectively. But I dont know if that player is out there. I just hope the Clippers want to save some cap money and let Mo Williams go. But that will never happen.

i don't know about that. the difference between the 8-10 million guy and the 4 million guy is negligible compared to a max guy and a 8-10 million guy. superstars win in this league. other players are more or less interchangeable.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-30-2012, 08:20 PM
i don't know about that. the difference between the 8-10 million guy and the 4 million guy is negligible compared to a max guy and a 8-10 million guy. superstars win in this league. other players are more or less interchangeable.

I know what you are saying and I dont disagree, but if I was a GM, I would think it would be easier to make one deal for a good player, than two separate ones for two decent players.

In my eyes, a perfect world would have the Laker trade their full TPE and a first round pick for Mo Williams.

But if we trade for Sessions, the Cavs are still going to want some type of pick. And he still does not solve their shooting and spacing issue.

Then whatever other team we have to deal with will want another pick for the 5 million dollar player. And I dont really know any 5 million dollar players in the league that the Lakers could use. I think that this team only really needs a solid guard to get back to being in the hunt to get to the finals. They may not be able to win it, but they would be a lot closer than having Fisher/Sessions/Blake, who are all basically the same player.

Bruno
01-30-2012, 08:21 PM
interesting. he'd be able to get inside the paint, which is good, and he'd become the second best-post passer on the Lakers, but the dude can't spread the floor. LAL really needs a pG with speed who can penetrate and hit some 3's.

still pissed LA didn't trade Odom to LAC for Williams. that deal made tons of sense for both teams. LAL needed PG help and LAC needed depth at the F behind Griffin and Jordan.

why aren't I GM?

HouRealCoach
01-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Same guy that put up 24 assists in like his first few games with milwaukee.. Has been playing backup since and hasn't got a chance to show his skills

LakersKB24
01-30-2012, 08:23 PM
just get jose calderon already.

I don't see how we can get Calderon. His salary doesn't fit the TPE afaik and we don't have trade assets that would fit salarywise AND be attractive to the Raptors. Would have to be something like MWP + Walton...

I'd love to get Mo Williams, but there's no way the Clippers trade him, especially to the Lakers, because it would leave them with no bench at all... Probably even worse than what the Lakers have now.

Of course there are better PGs out there, but the fact is, the Lakers don't have too many options. Other than Gasol + Bynum they don't have any trade assets and the TPE only allows them to take on 8.9 million.
There aren't to many players out there that are expendable for their team, an improvement for the Lakers AND fit the TPE.

Bruno
01-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Same guy that put up 24 assists in like his first few games with milwaukee.. Has been playing backup since and hasn't got a chance to show his skills

Wow I remember that, when he TORCHED the pre-Rose Bulls. Bulls still won though. Here's the box score:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200804140MIL.html

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-30-2012, 08:26 PM
interesting. he'd be able to get inside the paint, which is good, and he'd become the second best-post passer on the Lakers, but the dude can't spread the floor. LAL really needs a pG with speed who can penetrate and hit some 3's.

still pissed LA didn't trade Odom to LAC for Williams. that deal made tons of sense for both teams. LAL needed PG help and LAC needed depth at the F behind Griffin and Jordan.

why aren't I GM?

Totally agree. Works for all parties.

Lakers get a good point who can hit the three regularly.

Clips get a good big to solidify the one week spot they have in the bigs off the bench.

Odom gets to stay in L.A and continue to play on a great team, and do his Kardashian show.

They both make the same amount of money. It made too much sense not to happen

Bruno
01-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Wow I remember that, when he TORCHED the pre-Rose Bulls. Bulls still won though. Here's the box score:

Man! Look at Chicagos roster in 2007-2008. Deng, Noah, Gordon, Heinrich, Tyrus Thomas, Larry Hughes, Thabo, Duhon. Can't believe that team landed the #1 spot in the following draft at 33-49. that was 1985 suspicious if you ask me.

anyways, not surprised at all that LAL is looking into this deal.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-30-2012, 08:29 PM
I don't see how we can get Calderon. His salary doesn't fit the TPE afaik and we don't have trade assets that would fit salarywise AND be attractive to the Raptors. Would have to be something like MWP + Walton...

I'd love to get Mo Williams, but there's no way the Clippers trade him, especially to the Lakers, because it would leave them with no bench at all... Probably even worse than what the Lakers have now.

Of course there are better PGs out there, but the fact is, the Lakers don't have too many options. Other than Gasol + Bynum they don't have any trade assets and the TPE only allows them to take on 8.9 million.
There aren't to many players out there that are expendable for their team, an improvement for the Lakers AND fit the TPE.

I think the Clips were really high on Bledsoe. Maybe they want to give him some playing time :pray:

Bruno
01-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Totally agree. Works for all parties.

Lakers get a good point who can hit the three regularly.

Clips get a good big to solidify the one week spot they have in the bigs off the bench.

Odom gets to stay in L.A and continue to play on a great team, and do his Kardashian show.

They both make the same amount of money. It made too much sense not to happen

I mean, Mitch must have at least asked. No way does he not even entertain the possibility. The Clippers must have said no. No way do we notice that potential trade, and he doesn't.

only exception being if he had orders from the top to get money back in return, and that Jimbo wanted to save money above all else. which, considering our 3 billion dollar time warner deal, would be very disappointing as a fan.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-30-2012, 08:33 PM
I mean, Mitch must have at least asked. No way does he not even entertain the possibility. The Clippers must have said no. No way do we notice that potential trade, and he doesn't.

only exception being if he had orders from the top to get money back in return, and that Jimbo wanted to save money above all else. which, considering our 3 billion dollar time warner deal, would be very disappointing as a fan.

Tell me about it. But is Jim already owner of the team? Does Dr. Buss have no say anymore? I never saw the press conference. I knew he went into the hospital, but when did he die?

Teeboy1487
01-30-2012, 08:40 PM
He's an upgrade for sure, but nothing that really put the Lakers over the top. I don't think he is the answer at PG.

Tmath
01-30-2012, 08:41 PM

You guys could trade your TPE for Barbosa

then trade

Steve Blake, Luke Walton & 1st rd pick for Jose Calderon.

dsonLAL24
01-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Lakers need to hold all there cards for Dwight Howard.

FriedTofuz
01-30-2012, 09:30 PM
I rather get jose calderon sessions shoots a very low percentage.

Bruno
01-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Tell me about it. But is Jim already owner of the team? Does Dr. Buss have no say anymore? I never saw the press conference. I knew he went into the hospital, but when did he die?

it's a tricky scenario. Dr. Buss was hospitalized when the Odom trade. Jim made the final decision. the Dr. is out of the hospital now, but the Odom trade went down under Jims watch.

tmacmamba
01-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Lakers desperately need backcourt help so acquiring Ramon Sessions for some of the TPE +picks would be a good move. I would also add Devin Ebanks to sweeten the deal for the Cavs.

LA_Raiders
01-30-2012, 11:38 PM
at this point anything would help.

lavilevi23
01-31-2012, 01:03 AM
They better save that TPE and sign Arenas IMO.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-31-2012, 02:08 AM
Why would they trade Ramon Session for late 1st rounders?

Kemba_Skywalker
01-31-2012, 02:12 AM
maybe we can get DJ Augustine for u if u give us picks and Ebanks!! (http://imgur.com/AmFax)!

Sadds The Gr8
01-31-2012, 02:16 AM
I always wanted this guy on the Raps. I think he can be a breakout player like Kyle Lowry if he gets his chance. He'd be a great pickup for LA

Corey
01-31-2012, 02:19 AM
Rondo and KG for Bynum, Walton Blake and a pick leggo

Raps18-19 Champ
01-31-2012, 02:26 AM

Rondo, Bradley and KG for Calderon, Barbosa, Ed Davis and Bargnani.

shep33
01-31-2012, 02:38 AM

If a Howard deal doesn't work out, I would actually consider it. I like KG's expiring.

MTar786
01-31-2012, 06:02 AM

This game by sessions made me win my fantasy league finals. i remember picking him up off waivers a few weeks earlier. the dude had a bunch of good games to end the season. in 08

Law25
01-31-2012, 06:49 AM
I rather get jose calderon sessions shoots a very low percentage.

Couldnt read anything you were saying because seeing my boy Pau's D on Griffen had me on the floor, LMFAO

Bruno
01-31-2012, 07:09 AM
innnnteresting. C's build around Bynum, LA gets their PG to feed Gasol, low risk for the lakers, clears cap space after this season.

This game by sessions made me win my fantasy league finals. i remember picking him up off waivers a few weeks earlier. the dude had a bunch of good games to end the season. in 08
haha, thats great man. love fantasy basketball stories like that.

thekmp211
01-31-2012, 12:58 PM
sessions is always underrated. i agree he isnt a perfect fit for the lakers, but he's a true pro and a big upgrade over everyone else they have at the one.

Algmuskrats
01-31-2012, 01:00 PM
I can see this helping the lakers

mgsports
01-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Stephen Jackson to Magic -3wins Shawn Livingston to Lakers +2wins and Ebanks/Redick/Barnes/Orton/Caracter to Bucks +3wins

Gibby23
01-31-2012, 02:40 PM

Done!

topdog
01-31-2012, 02:58 PM
Might as well :shrug: Sessions is a good player even if not an ideal shooter. Dwight is going to be tied to the Lakers' willingness to give up Bynum and Pau more than the TPE imo.

topdog
01-31-2012, 03:00 PM

TPE only applies to trades, correct?

Arenas only needs to sign for the vet's minimum because Orlando is still paying him.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-31-2012, 03:02 PM

Oh dear, if only you read that thread from yesterday about how the TPE can be used.

MickeyMgl
01-31-2012, 03:13 PM

I'm sure it is, but they're not going to get a 1st-rounder for Sessions. (Then again, this is the Laker front office that traded Lamar Odom for a highly-protected 1st-round pick.)

fresh prince
01-31-2012, 03:56 PM
I think the Clips were really high on Bledsoe. Maybe they want to give him some playing time :pray:

Said it before I would take anyone of the Clips guards on our team..

CP3 ( Obviously) :mad:
Billups
Mo
Foye
Bledsoe

Would all be HUGE upgrades for us at the point. They have an embarrassment of PG talent.

CountSackula
01-31-2012, 04:14 PM
Might as well do it. He's better than Fish, Morris and Blake and he's young, which would be new for the Lakers considering their 2 main PGs are something like 70 yrs old together. I'd much rather have the Lakers pick up Sessions than someone like Andre Miller or Arenas.

JOSKOMANG4
01-31-2012, 04:15 PM
They should use the TPE along with Steve Blake to acquire Stevie Nash!!!!

JOSKOMANG4
01-31-2012, 04:16 PM
Might as well do it. He's better than Fish, Morris and Blake and he's young, which would be new for the Lakers considering their 2 main PGs are something like 70 yrs old together. I'd much rather have the Lakers pick up Sessions than someone like Andre Miller or Arenas.

Andre Miller no b/c you would have to trade for him. Gilbert Arenas, Yes, b/c you can sign him to vet minimum.

Hawkamania
01-31-2012, 04:24 PM

why aren't I GM?

Agreed, this deal would have been wonderful for both teams and would have easily been manageable considering both players nearly identical salaries.

nickdymez
01-31-2012, 04:25 PM
They should use the TPE along with Steve Blake to acquire Stevie Nash!!!!

Im sure phoenix would jump all over that.....