PDA

View Full Version : why the hate for the stars..

chi-townlove1
01-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Ok so despite PSD being extremely oblivious and very immature people still tend to get it right that Lebron James is the best player in the league. While we all hate him, we basically agree he is the best. No argument there. But my question is why do heat fans expect everyone to bow down to Lebron, and when we have enough respect to put the claim on him they continue to bash Rose, Durant, Kobe, Dwight. Why are Lebron and wade always crowned the best. In particular why is Rose hated so much. Why is credit not given to him where it is deserved. He was the 22 MVP after all. He practically carries a team on his back time and time again and puts on shows that people who aren't even basketball fans enjoy watching. Why are people suddenly taking kobe off their lists, when he is the leagues leading scorer I believe. Why is Durant still not loved when he is arguably the best pure scorer in the NBA and a definite special athlete. When will the time come when people learn respect and start to understand the game of basketball. I'm not asking for a list of the best players because we will NEVER AGREE. I'm simply asking for an explanation from people who continue to put the top players in this league down.

LongIslandIcedZ
01-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Nobody like's seeing their team players bashed. heat fans don't want to see their star players bashed for any reason (whether they deserve it or not) the same way you dont want to see Rose bashed. The same way I dont wanna see Melo and Amar'e bashed. Nobody wants fans of rival teams bashing their players.

Da Knicks
01-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Top paid athletes will always get criticized comes with the territory.

RowBTrice
01-30-2012, 02:01 PM
and the beat goes on......it's life. it's what makes sports so fun......and sometimes, so violent lol.

utl768
01-30-2012, 02:01 PM
for lebron its easy

ppl r pissed he didnt come to their team

Gators123
01-30-2012, 02:04 PM
LeBron traveled.

chi-townlove1
01-30-2012, 02:13 PM
for lebron its easy

And with this I actually agree quite a bit. The hate for him comes from that reason I'm sure. Like me alot of bulls fans hated him for that. Seeing what we have now without him though kind of fills that void and I'm able to just sit back and admit he is one hell of a player to watch

Ray_R
01-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Its a never ending cycle that will never end.

xxplayerxx23
01-30-2012, 02:42 PM
IMO the reason bron gets the hate is because He went to miami, taking an easy way out it seemed to fans, Like could you imagen bird and Magic teaming up with Jordna. Would that ever happen? that is why they hate him

sep11ie
01-30-2012, 02:44 PM
LeBron traveled.

They also woulda been ****ed in Washington.

utl768
01-30-2012, 03:07 PM
IMO the reason bron gets the hate is because He went to miami, taking an easy way out it seemed to fans, Like could you imagen bird and Magic teaming up with Jordna. Would that ever happen? that is why they hate him

thats gotta be the dumbest thing i ever heard

easy way out?

lol

Baller1
01-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Lebron is the greatest and everyone else is jealous.

theducksmuggler
01-30-2012, 03:28 PM
I ****ing hate lebron james and I still say he is one of the best but my team has zero big name star(76ers) so I am gonna put down the other teams stars mostly cause I'm mad their not on the 76ers to be honest...why would I praise another team I hate superstars doesn't make much sense to me

scaramantula
01-30-2012, 03:44 PM
people dont like lebron because he hasn't earned anything yet. people always say hes the best, but how can someone be the best when they haven't even won a championship?

the good players who just ditch there teams deserve to be hated, the players that stay loyal to one team and don't just run off and play with there friends deserve much more credit then the ones who wine and ***** till they get traded

utl768
01-30-2012, 03:49 PM
people dont like lebron because he hasn't earned anything yet. people always say hes the best, but how can someone be the best when they haven't even won a championship?

the good players who just ditch there teams deserve to be hated, the players that stay loyal to one team and don't just run off and play with there friends deserve much more credit then the ones who wine and ***** till they get traded

another one who doesnt get it

scaramantula
01-30-2012, 03:54 PM
another one who doesnt get it

how exactly?

people can keep saying lebrons so great but until he wins a championship hes not, not even close

Rentzias
01-30-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm not asking for a list of the best players because we will NEVER AGREE. I'm simply asking for an explanation from people who continue to put the top players in this league down.
I don't think it's as simple as that. People aren't just putting the top players in the league down for no reason, it's usually to show that THEIR top player is the top player in one aspect or the other.

People take two paths to make their points here, either amping up their star's stats, or exposing bad statistics in the OTHER star. By nature of what this forum is, top players will be "put down."

mngopher35
01-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Also your not taking into account situations. Durant may never request a trade but the thunder have talent. Lebron on clevland, Dwight on orlando, even kobe when he demanded a trade all had very little talent brought in around them. Why would a player want to stay with a team when they cant bring talent around them?

nycsports2
01-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Ok so despite PSD being extremely oblivious and very immature people still tend to get it right that Lebron James is the best player in the league. While we all hate him, we basically agree he is the best. No argument there. But my question is why do heat fans expect everyone to bow down to Lebron, and when we have enough respect to put the claim on him they continue to bash Rose, Durant, Kobe, Dwight. Why are Lebron and wade always crowned the best. In particular why is Rose hated so much. Why is credit not given to him where it is deserved. He was the 22 MVP after all. He practically carries a team on his back time and time again and puts on shows that people who aren't even basketball fans enjoy watching. Why are people suddenly taking kobe off their lists, when he is the leagues leading scorer I believe. Why is Durant still not loved when he is arguably the best pure scorer in the NBA and a definite special athlete. When will the time come when people learn respect and start to understand the game of basketball. I'm not asking for a list of the best players because we will NEVER AGREE. I'm simply asking for an explanation from people who continue to put the top players in this league down.

i think bron is still behind kobe. im taking kobe for 1 season as my number 1... i dont like bron bc hes a diva... great player no doubt i love watchn him n wade but dudes a *****... bosh 2 i feel like wade just has to follow to not make them look bad or like theres a rift. the hollywood things calmed down lot this yr tho its alot more business on the court this yr..

Vincent
01-30-2012, 04:05 PM
The NBA would SUCK ***, without the Superstars of the league.

utl768
01-30-2012, 04:08 PM
lebron left cleveland because they surrounded him with mo williams as his 2nd best player

jordan bird magic never were saddled with such crap as teamates thats why they never left

you think jordan would have stayed in chicago all those years if john paxson (mo williams equivalent basically) was his 2nd best player on the team

scaramantula
01-30-2012, 04:08 PM
so with that logic you're basically saying that John Stockton and Karl Malone weren't even close to being great?

how are they even comparable? lebron ditched clevland, and when its all said and done and lebron has no championships, he will be on par with Stockton and Malone, hes played what 8 years? how can someone be great without even playing half their career.

and lets not say Cleveland and Orlando didn't have the right pieces to win, those teams were good enough to get to the finals but not win, how is that managements fault? orlando has given howard so much to work with, maybe he should take some of the blame, i mean hes good at what he does but its not a whole lot

TheIlladelph16
01-30-2012, 04:16 PM

I truly hate the Championships argument. Keep in mind Kobe won 3 rings with the most dominant center of any era and two with 3 great seven footers in the lineup. It is not an individual accomplishment. Lebron has repeatedly failed in the playoffs, but he has had only 1 year with a legit team around him in the playoffs. As far as him not "earning anything", I believe regular season MVPS, scoring titles, and all around beastly skill speak for itself.

scaramantula
01-30-2012, 04:22 PM
I truly hate the Championships argument. Keep in mind Kobe won 3 rings with the most dominant center of any era and two with 3 great seven footers in the lineup. It is not an individual accomplishment. Lebron has repeatedly failed in the playoffs, but he has had only 1 year with a legit team around him in the playoffs. As far as him not "earning anything", I believe regular season MVPS, scoring titles, and all around beastly skill speak for itself.

why do people play the game? is it to win scoring titles? last time i checked it was to win the championship, if Micheal jordan didnt win anything would he be the greatest of all time? im not saying hes a bad player, cause he isnt it just people gotta stop comparing him to the greats when hes not even on the level.

he wants to be compared to kobe, go win a championship

TheIlladelph16
01-30-2012, 04:25 PM
In Lebrons case, people hate him for three reasons:

1. He didn't choose their team to go to.
2. He took the "easy" way out by going to Miami.
3. His inflated ego as the King.

I honestly think that a lot of the problem with his ego, and this goes for every other superstar, is that we fuel that ego. This dude was being heralded as the King since he was a teenager. I remember friends driving hours to go see a High School game because Lebron was playing. We thrust these players into a 24/7 media spotlight from the time they are still just kids and expect them not be egotistical with millions of dollars and millions of adoring fans. Other superstars are far more graceful about their fame and talent, but Lebron also gets far more **** than any other player.

TheIlladelph16
01-30-2012, 04:30 PM
why do people play the game? is it to win scoring titles? last time i checked it was to win the championship, if Micheal jordan didnt win anything would he be the greatest of all time? im not saying hes a bad player, cause he isnt it just people gotta stop comparing him to the greats when hes not even on the level.

he wants to be compared to kobe, go win a championship

I believe Stockton, Malone, Ewing, Iverson, Wilkins, Barkley, and Baylor might have something to say on the Championship argument here. Championships define players legacies to a very unfair degree. Kobe's teams were absolutely terrible when it was just him. He had the good fortune to be on a well run team that was willing to surround him with HOFers and great players

scaramantula
01-30-2012, 04:36 PM
I believe Stockton, Malone, Ewing, Iverson, Wilkins, Barkley, and Baylor might have something to say on the Championship argument here. Championships define players legacies to a very unfair degree. Kobe's teams were absolutely terrible when it was just him. He had the good fortune to be on a well run team that was willing to surround him with HOFers and great players

they can say whatever they want but at the end of the day there are 2 groups those who one championships and those who didnt. and how many of them would ever say that they didnt regret winning the championship

TheIlladelph16
01-30-2012, 04:41 PM
they can say whatever they want but at the end of the day there are 2 groups those who one championships and those who didnt. and how many of them would ever say that they didnt regret winning the championship

Your ignoring the fact that a championship is a TEAM accomplishment not an individual. Even the greatest players needed great players around them to win a championship. Of course a great player who didn't win one or ever got an opportunity to win one is going to say they regret not winning one. If you want to go with the rings argument, Robert Horry stacks up right along there with Kobe and Bill Russell right?

scaramantula
01-30-2012, 04:43 PM
Your ignoring the fact that a championship is a TEAM accomplishment not an individual. Even the greatest players needed great players around them to win a championship. Of course a great player who didn't win one or ever got an opportunity to win one is going to say they regret not winning one. If you want to go with the rings argument, Robert Horry stacks up right along there with Kobe and Bill Russell right?

im not saying its the only criteria but it is the first. having said that i would rather have horry's career than ewing

TheIlladelph16
01-30-2012, 04:48 PM
im not saying its the only criteria but it is the first. having said that i would rather have horry's career than ewing

I respect your stance, but championships don't accurately measure a player's total impact on the game. Great players don't always get the opportunity to win one. Lebron is going to be around for 10+ more seasons and he is just hitting his prime. He is not on the level of Kobe in terms of championships and impact YET, but when its all said and done I think their overall impact on the NBA will be equal if Bron wins a few.

And please rethink that Robert Horry statement:facepalm:

scaramantula
01-30-2012, 04:53 PM
I respect your stance, but championships don't accurately measure a player's total impact on the game. Great players don't always get the opportunity to win one. Lebron is going to be around for 10+ more seasons and he is just hitting his prime. He is not on the level of Kobe in terms of championships and impact YET, but when its all said and done I think their overall impact on the NBA will be equal if Bron wins a few.

And please rethink that Robert Horry statement:facepalm:

if players cared about mvps and scoring titles lebron wouldn't have left Cleveland, im not saying horry was better in any way but he was more succesfull, im sure ewing would trade away his numbers for 6 championships, so no i wont take it back

TheIlladelph16
01-30-2012, 05:02 PM
if players cared about mvps and scoring titles lebron wouldn't have left Cleveland, im not saying horry was better in any way but he was more succesfull, im sure ewing would trade away his numbers for 6 championships, so no i wont take it back

Haha I realize we are the only ones keep this thread going and its completely off topic now but I'm not sure how a career borderline starter/sixth man who played for 2 of the three "dynasties" of the last 10 years and a Rockets team with The Dream (not facing Jordan) is in any way more valuable than Patrick Ewing. I would take his clutch three point shooting ability every day, but overall contribution to a team... really? Ewing spent the majority of his career on one team trying to win one, while Horry was a great journeyman who honestly lucked out going to the teams he did.

kdspurman
01-30-2012, 05:03 PM
In Lebrons case, people hate him for three reasons:

1. He didn't choose their team to go to.
2. He took the "easy" way out by going to Miami.
3. His inflated ego as the King.

I honestly think that a lot of the problem with his ego, and this goes for every other superstar, is that we fuel that ego. This dude was being heralded as the King since he was a teenager. I remember friends driving hours to go see a High School game because Lebron was playing. We thrust these players into a 24/7 media spotlight from the time they are still just kids and expect them not be egotistical with millions of dollars and millions of adoring fans. Other superstars are far more graceful about their fame and talent, but Lebron also gets far more **** than any other player.

#3 does it for me. I can't stand his attitude, his cockiness and staring down guys after a dunk or a block. All that is unnecessary for a guy that talented. Just play the game. I don't care for # 1 or # 2 TBH. I didn't like him before he went to Miami either. His maturity level has to go up. Can't deny his talent, but have some class when you play the game.

utl768
01-30-2012, 05:05 PM
by that logic earl barron> patrick ewing right

scaramantula
01-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Haha I realize we are the only ones keep this thread going and its completely off topic now but I'm not sure how a career borderline starter/sixth man who played for 2 of the three "dynasties" of the last 10 years and a Rockets team with The Dream (not facing Jordan) is in any way more valuable than Patrick Ewing. I would take his clutch three point shooting ability every day, but overall contribution to a team... really? Ewing spent the majority of his career on one team trying to win one, while Horry was a great journeyman who honestly lucked out going to the teams he did.

no one said more valuble, and if i could have one of them i would take Ewing every time, just saying in the end horry had a more successful career. i do wish more players were like ewing playing for one team

TheIlladelph16
01-30-2012, 05:08 PM
#3 does it for me. I can't stand his attitude, his cockiness and staring down guys after a dunk or a block. All that is unnecessary for a guy that talented. Just play the game. I don't care for # 1 or # 2 TBH. I didn't like him before he went to Miami either. His maturity level has to go up. Can't deny his talent, but have some class when you play the game.

I completely agree. I wish more superstars were like Kevin Durant, who could probably use a little more intensity, in that regard. Lebron is one of the biggest offenders, but Kobe comes to mind for me as well. People tend to view Kobe's attitude as more intensive competitiveness though which is true

scaramantula
01-30-2012, 05:10 PM
by that logic earl barron> patrick ewing right

> = better i did not say better you did, i mean did you even read my post? you might not know this but when you use letters they make different words that mean different things. success =/= skill

TheIlladelph16
01-30-2012, 05:11 PM
no one said more valuble, and if i could have one of them i would take Ewing every time, just saying in the end horry had a more successful career. i do wish more players were like ewing playing for one team

The league needs more stars like Jordan, Ewing, Kobe, Dirk, Nash etc. that stay with their teams through all or the majority of their careers with one team

scaramantula
01-30-2012, 05:13 PM
The league needs more stars like Jordan, Ewing, Kobe, Dirk, Nash etc. that stay with their teams through all or the majority of their careers with one team

i agree completely, the best thing that could happen is if all these super teams never win a championship

Da Knicks
01-30-2012, 05:34 PM

Didnt lebron go to miami to try and win a chip? He got criticized for that and i think the championship crap is designed for fans who dont know how to judge greatness. Plenty of players should of won chips but didnt get the oppurtunity to be on the stacked teams that the other players had.

JEDean89
01-30-2012, 05:48 PM
it's funny that lebron took less money to win and everyone hates him. so many people blame melo for taking the money but it's lose lose for a superstar until they win the chip. i had no problem with lebron going to miami it was how he did it that pissed me off. i had no problem with melo going to NY, it was how he did it that pissed me off. it pissed me off that lebron, wade and bosh held a championship celebration before they ever held a practice, declaring that winning would be easy and that he was going to win more championships then MJ. simply put stars make it seem like the game is there for them and them only, and that this is their league. everyone who follows the nba cheers against the heat and they will have to overcome every basketball fan praying against them.

scaramantula
01-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Didnt lebron go to miami to try and win a chip? He got criticized for that and i think the championship crap is designed for fans who dont know how to judge greatness. Plenty of players should of won chips but didnt get the oppurtunity to be on the stacked teams that the other players had.

lebrons going about it the wrong way thats kinda my point, the whole point of the championship is that its hard to win, so no there are no players that should have won, if every player got to win a championship it would take the fun out of it

Iodine
01-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Because it's like 2000000000 times easier than to just hate something than understand.

Nick O
01-30-2012, 06:08 PM
i dont hate rose, he just didnt deserve to be mvp

KingPosey
01-30-2012, 06:35 PM
for lebron its easy

ppl r pissed he didnt come to their teamFor some people yes, but I never thought he was coming to Sacramento, so not for me. I just don't like the way he carries himself, and the way he handles things.

I agree he is the best all around player, but I still like 2 or 3 players over him. Thats just my opinion.

Tony_Starks
01-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Jealous Ones Stay Envying.......

xxplayerxx23
01-30-2012, 09:32 PM
thats gotta be the dumbest thing i ever heard

easy way out?

lol

Lol he went to a team with wade a top 3 player in the game and bosh who was a top 10 15 player, still is a top player in the game, what else do you call it????

FlashMacker
01-30-2012, 09:39 PM
i dont hate rose, he just didnt deserve to be mvp

:facepalm:

llemon
01-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Why the hate or the stars?

Can only speak for myself, but I only hate the stars that are a-hole d-bags.

theheatles
01-30-2012, 09:45 PM
if everyone likes you then you haven't done anything worth a damn

kdspurman
01-31-2012, 11:56 AM
if everyone likes you then you haven't done anything worth a damn

Tim Duncan and David Robinson say hi.

kdspurman
01-31-2012, 12:05 PM
I completely agree. I wish more superstars were like Kevin Durant, who could probably use a little more intensity, in that regard. Lebron is one of the biggest offenders, but Kobe comes to mind for me as well. People tend to view Kobe's attitude as more intensive competitiveness though which is true

Yea. I mean I hate all the cockiness from guys that are so talented. Lebron is one of the few stars I see that will be on defense and look up at the screen to see a replay of something he just did. It's like come on man are you kidding lol. Are you that full of yourself?

Kobe has matured over the years, cause when he came in he was pretty bad too. Going through those tough stretches with the Lakers in the mid 2000's I think kind of humbled him. I thought it would've done the same for Lebron after last year, but it didnt.

That's why I appreciate guys like Duncan, Nash, Dirk to an extent.

theheatles
01-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Tim Duncan and David Robinson say hi.

i'm sure there are plenty of cavs, pistons, nets and knicks fans that don't like them...i know knicks fans personally that hate duncan

LongIslandIcedZ
01-31-2012, 12:49 PM
i'm sure there are plenty of cavs, pistons, nets and knicks fans that don't like them...i know knicks fans personally that hate duncan

Obviously I dont speak for the entirety of one of the leagues largest fan bases, but I love Duncan. So talented, so fundamentally sound, such good defense. Tim Duncan is the epitome of what I think stars should be. Pledge allegiance to your team. Stay with your team, work hard, and try and win a championship there. Make winning a testement to good drafting and great team play. Dont team up with your buddies to try and compete with another team full of buddies.

Obviously this will never happen and I dont expect it to. In a star driven league, the stars will now flock to the big markets. I understand it, I just dont necessarily like it.

kdspurman
01-31-2012, 12:58 PM

The reason people don't like Duncan is much different for the reasons people dont like Lebron, or didnt like Kobe. I would think he's pretty well respected by the way he carries himself. If he was cocky, and kind of a douche bag, it would be different. You can be successful, and still earn guys respect by respecting the other team and respecting the game. I'm all for competitiveness, but sometimes, some of these guys don't. They're just looking at the game as a popularity contest.

utl768
01-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Lol he went to a team with wade a top 3 player in the game and bosh who was a top 10 15 player, still is a top player in the game, what else do you call it????

he left because cleveland surrounded him with no one but mo williams

he went to the heat so he would have the best chance to win

players want to win more then they want too appease psd fans on a message board who have a seperation complex

xxplayerxx23
01-31-2012, 08:05 PM
he left because cleveland surrounded him with no one but mo williams

he went to the heat so he would have the best chance to win

players want to win more then they want too appease psd fans on a message board who have a seperation complex

they dont have to appease, anyone, there payed to play basketball they can do what ever they want, But no way in hell you see jordan, Magic, Bird do that. They would never team up with superstars. Like jordan said, there good freinds off the court but there enemys on the court, Your a heat fan so of course your not going to see it that way, I dont hate him as much as most of the people on here, but I dont like the way he handled everything

ManRam
01-31-2012, 08:08 PM
You hate what you can't have.
You hate things are better than what you have.
You hate guys that are direct competition with what you have.
You want your guys to be better than other guys.

There's a million reasons. Barring extenuating circumstances it's never because a certain player is a "bad person".

I doubt there are many, if any players that everyone here wouldn't hate if they suddenly joined their favorite team. The name that comes to mind for me is Bynum; I repeatedly talk about how I could never root for him...but if he came to Orlando, I'm sure even I'd warm up to him over time.

Teeboy1487
01-31-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't hate many stars unless I feel like they are total douche bags like Garnett. I despise him. I hate him more than any athlete I have ever watched play sports. I never understood the Lebron hate last year until he started acting like a douche. Still, I don't hate him.

RaiderKid318
01-31-2012, 08:36 PM
**** tim duncan

Jaji
01-31-2012, 09:09 PM
for lebron its easy

Best answer in this thread :clap:.

Dumbest answer in this thread :facepalm:.

xxplayerxx23
01-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Best answer in this thread :clap:.

Dumbest answer in this thread :facepalm:.

Lol ok whatever, He went to a team with a top 3 player and top 15 player in the game, but ok yeah its because he didnt go to NY Or chiago, thats why i hate him

kdspurman
01-31-2012, 09:51 PM
**** tim duncan

Way to contribute to the thread lol ;)

Lidz
01-31-2012, 09:55 PM
wut.

ghettosean
01-31-2012, 10:39 PM
I'll quickly start on Lebron because that's coming up in this thread... Starting with a fact he is currently the most hated player in all sports (if anyone wants to argue that then please throw out a name at me). I can't speak for everyone but I hate him for so many reasons and too many to mention but I'll say a few.

1. Celebrating before he has ever won a championship

- I'm not just talking about his preseason celebration this kid has dubbed HIMSELF King James before he came into the league

2. The Finals

- His finals press conference when he dissed the NBA fan base didn't win me over
- Mocking another players superstar in Dirk during the finals was tasteless

3. The Decision

-Nuff said

I'll stop here because I could go on but I'll stop for now with examples. I think Lebron is arrogant and expected to have the title handed to him with his comments before the season even started.

Back to basketball and your point... If everyone is cutting up your star player wouldn't you defend him I know I would even if it is a super douche like Lebron. If it was me and he was on my team in my heart I know I would see and acknowledge that he is a douche but I can understand for a player as great as Lebron why he could do no wrong for most fans and everyone else is an ******* for trashing him for his off court antics even if he is a douche.

As for people who trash other stars in the league that I don't get (depending if they have any substance to there claims though most don't). D-Rose does deserve love, KD is the best pure scorer in the league (He is a talent that is special and I can't wait to see him progress because he's only 23 years old), Kobe should be in peoples top 5 because he is the leagues leading scorer, showing he's still got it and he's still Kobe. I bash D12 a little but no hate there I just point out the FT% flaw and in late game situations that flaw mixed with lack of offensive skills doesn't deserve to be in the top 5 in the league in my opinion even if he is the best defensive player in the league and he is in my top 10 possibly #6 at the moment.

For the people who have no substance to there criticism and say either Rose or KD sucks doesn't know basketball or just have no objectivity and to me are like Lebron off the court --> A great big douche!

LakersIn5
01-31-2012, 10:53 PM

bird had mchale, parish, walton, ainge, dj, etc. and PLAYS IN BOSTON
magic had kareem, cooper, worthy, scott, etc. and PLAYS IN L.A

lebron had mo, ilgauskas, hughes, gibson, washed up jamison and shaq, etc. and PLAYS IN CLEVELAND

Hawkamania
01-31-2012, 11:07 PM
I have no issue saying LBJ is the best player in the league even though I'm not really a fan because I can certainly respect his game and ability. Although, he's grown on me since becoming a rather big UK fan because of his friendship with Calipari :)

xxplayerxx23
01-31-2012, 11:07 PM
bird had mchale, parish, walton, ainge, dj, etc. and PLAYS IN BOSTON
magic had kareem, cooper, worthy, scott, etc. and PLAYS IN L.A

lebron had mo, ilgauskas, hughes, gibson, washed up jamison and shaq, etc. and PLAYS IN CLEVELAND

not the point, He had the right to leave Cleveland, But to team up with two top players in the league, Bosh was a top 3 if not the best pf in the game before his numbers went down due to being the 3rd opition,

Cubby
01-31-2012, 11:15 PM
for lebron its easy

I hate him because he is a douche. A cocky, self centered douche. But the dude is the best basketball player in the world. That you can't take away form him. I just think it would be smart of him to go back a little more into the post game. He was unstoppable at the beginning of the season using it.

LakersIn5
01-31-2012, 11:17 PM
not the point, He had the right to leave Cleveland, But to team up with two top players in the league, Bosh was a top 3 if not the best pf in the game before his numbers went down due to being the 3rd opition,

that was the point because had he been surrounded with better players and had he been drafted to a great franchise then i doubt that he leaves that team.

Phenomenonsense
02-01-2012, 12:07 AM
I hate Lebron because he was on the Cavs during the rivalry years. I think he hurt his reputation but I do see how much he has improved over the years and I think he is a lot better and I respect that. I hate Bosh because he cut the dreds.

ArmLaker
02-01-2012, 03:07 AM
Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA

niketas
02-01-2012, 12:21 PM

Amar'e counts as a top player and I just cannot stand him. Putting up career lows in almost every statistic this year and getting paid an insane amount of money gives me all reason to hate him. (http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Amare%20Stoudemire)

Some love for Kyle Irving please :D