PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love: "Kobe is the best player in the NBA"

KobemvpBryant24
01-30-2012, 12:31 AM
Kevin Love on Kobe tonight: "He hit big shots. There's no getting past that. ... That is why he is the best player in the game."

https://mobile.twitter.com/KevinDing/status/163829381523976192

Hawkeye15
01-30-2012, 12:34 AM
Rapid reaction to just getting beat by the Lakers yet again, and Kobe shooting like Larry Bird from 3, despite his career pedestrian numbers out there.

Wolves lost because they decided to hit absolutely nothing outside the paint. Oh well...

KobemvpBryant24
01-30-2012, 12:35 AM
I know most of the people 90% say it's lebron and I don't disagree or agree but when 99% of players say its Kobe it's gotta mean something.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-30-2012, 12:37 AM
Rubio came out to say after the game that for a 48 min game, he will take D.Rose or Lebron, but at the end of games, he'll go with #24 every single time.

Greet
01-30-2012, 12:38 AM
lol'd

whitemamba33
01-30-2012, 12:40 AM
Rapid reaction to just getting beat by the Lakers yet again, and Kobe shooting like Larry Bird from 3, despite his career pedestrian numbers out there.

Wolves lost because they decided to hit absolutely nothing outside the paint. Oh well...

I called it.

shep33
01-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Kobe said Scalabrine was the best

waveycrockett
01-30-2012, 12:46 AM
He just got hit by a dagger from him I'm not sure I would expect him to say anything else. He's probably played barely a handful of games against LBJ/Rose/Wade in his career so it's not unexpected.

SiriusXM25
01-30-2012, 12:46 AM
Have to agree with that but not with the fact the he thinks he's the best power forward in the league.

Gritz
01-30-2012, 12:49 AM
Obvious is obvious

Federal Reserve
01-30-2012, 12:53 AM
He doesn't get to see Lebron play because the Heat blow the Timberwolves out by the middle of the first quarter.

tbone2171
01-30-2012, 12:55 AM
wow, the nba forum here is a joke... This really threadworthy?

asandhu23
01-30-2012, 12:57 AM
posted by a Lakers fan. I am shocked.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-30-2012, 12:57 AM
I love Kobe, but he is not the best player in the NBA. And there is nothing wrong with that. It's just hyperbole.

tbone2171
01-30-2012, 12:58 AM
He doesn't get to see Lebron play because the Heat blow the Timberwolves out by the middle of the first quarter.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=311230016

Yeah, such a blowout :rolleyes:

Hellcrooner
01-30-2012, 12:58 AM
Well, opinions are like *******s... everybody has one.

And they all stink.

Hellcrooner
01-30-2012, 12:59 AM
posted by a Kobe fan. I am shocked.

:no: dont mix us with that kind even if they are 90% of the ones that claim being laker fans.

DaLakerz Rulz
01-30-2012, 01:00 AM
First of all this is not true by a long shot. Second of all, you are just inviting people to hate on Kobe more than he already is on this site. Not worthy of a thread - or at least keep it in the Laker forum.

Sota4Ever
01-30-2012, 01:05 AM
Federal reserve do you ever look at facts or do you just through out random information? because i don't think I have ever read a good post from you. Also Kobe is close to being the best but Lebron is playing better right now. He is top 3 at least.

Law25
01-30-2012, 01:05 AM
Durant said it this summer
Love said it tonight
Rose said it this summer during their little charity thing in one of them Asian countries

PSD posters have him 7th-8th lol 30pts 5.8ast 5.8rebs 1.2stls 45% fg% his team is 5 or 6 wins away from best record in the league. Its still early. Him being best is debatable but him not being top 5 is dumb as hell

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-30-2012, 01:06 AM

And they all stink.

Excuses stink, not opinions lol.

Evolution23
01-30-2012, 01:08 AM
No he's not and Kevin Love isn't the best PF in the league either.

Jay
01-30-2012, 01:10 AM
Kobe hasn't been the best player in the league for a couple of years now...

'Rapid reaction' is the correct way to term this.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-30-2012, 01:11 AM
Federal reserve do you ever look at facts or do you just through out random information? because i don't think I have ever read a good post from you. Also Kobe is close to being the best but Lebron is playing better right now. He is top 3 at least.

I don't usually read his posts because I'm always so distracted by that hot chick in his sig GIF. Who is that?

Teeboy1487
01-30-2012, 01:13 AM
Love said it tonight
Rose said it this summer during their little charity thing in one of them Asian countries

PSD posters have him 7th-8th lol 30pts 5.8ast 5.8rebs 1.2stls 45% fg% his team is 5 or 6 wins away from best record in the league. Its still early. Him being best is debatable but him not being top 5 is dumb as hell

I agree. Kobe gets no respect in this forum. However, I do think Lebron is the best player in the league. Kobe is in my top 3. Lebron, Howard, then Kobe.

naps
01-30-2012, 01:14 AM
So the best player in the league can't even bring his team in the playoffs picture with the most dominant front-court in the league? Good one.

RaiderLakersA's
01-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Why does this matter?

I don't care who the best player is. Never have, never will.

I do care which team wins the title. Whether we're talking about Kobe or LeBron or Rose or Wade or whomever, if they're not raising the O'Brien at the end of the season, they're just an also-ran in my book and not worth mentioning.

Pardon me for being old school and caring more about actual championships than false crowns.

whitemamba33
01-30-2012, 01:17 AM
So the best player in the league can't even bring his team in the playoffs picture with the most dominant front-court in the league? Good one.

...through the first 21 games of the season.

And they are 8th.

ghettosean
01-30-2012, 01:18 AM
Love said it tonight

Wow this....

I'm 100% not a Kobe fan but he is the leading scorer in the league right now. He makes the top 5 easily.

Hellcrooner
01-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Kobe hasn't been the best player in the league for a couple of years now...

'Rapid reaction' is the correct way to term this.

i have a difficult time to find a moment where he really was it, i mean, i guess at some point he was it 5 minutes after jordan, shaq, duncan and before lebron, rose , durant etc.

numba1CHANGsta
01-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Ive heard way more players say Kobe is the best player than anyone saying LeBron is, so can we finally drop the question of who is the best player in the NBA right now? cuz according to most of the NBA players who get to see Kobe play first hand are saying he is the best

Sota4Ever
01-30-2012, 01:24 AM
Crooner how can you be a Laker fan and completely hate Kobe? Makes no sense

Hellcrooner
01-30-2012, 01:27 AM

I dont hate him.

Just dont buy what he is selling.

I was a laker fan when he was a little kid in italy.

Ive liked and disliked laker players all my life because im interested in TEAM not players ( a very european concept it seems, for many reasons).

Not gonna change my team because one i dislike is the "franchise" player.

JNA17
01-30-2012, 01:28 AM

And they all stink.

I know I know, your pissed Kobe had 8 more boards then your bro Pau (14 to 6) and that Rubio shot horribly. You dont have to hate on the guy responsible for the win here.

JNA17
01-30-2012, 01:30 AM
I dont hate him.

Crooner...remember what we talked about honesty? This is the lying crooner, we want the honest crooner. Even if the honest crooner is a little racist and very pro euro. :p

Hellcrooner
01-30-2012, 01:31 AM
I know I know, your pissed Kobe had 8 more boards then your bro Pau (14 to 6) and that Rubio shot horribly. You dont have to hate on the guy responsible for the win here.

check again

kobe 29 shots 35 points

pau + bynum 29 shots 49 points ( 28 +21)

dont forget to mention that when wolves had come back and actually took the lead in the fourth quarter 10 straight points from pau and drew ( 6 and 1 asist for pau 4 for drew) allowed us to get the lead back for good.

shep33
01-30-2012, 01:33 AM
He's been playing like a top 2-3 player this year. I think what's really impressive is that most of us counted him out, even a lot of us laker fans due to his age and wear and tear. But the guy is a competitive freak of nature. 30, 6 and 6 this year? Tonight he had 35 and 14 on the back end of a back to back. He's still playing at an extremely high level...

I know a lot of people hate Kobe, but we should enjoy the greatness that we have left, cause he's essentially the last of his generation and his time is winding down.

JNA17
01-30-2012, 01:35 AM
check again

kobe 29 shots 35 points

dont forget to mention that when wolves had come back and actually took the lead in the fourth quarter 10 straight points from pau and drew ( 6 and 1 asist for pau 4 for drew) allowed us to get the lead back for good.

Yeah, and the guy made 14 in those 29 shots. Thats almost 50%, which is pretty damn good. Which is how the lakers even get those wins in the first place.

You still dont have a rebuttal on Kobe...a SG...having 14 boards while Pau, a PF...with 6? Seriously the guy is turning into a white amare in front of our eyes...well rebounding wise anyway.

shep33
01-30-2012, 01:37 AM
check again

kobe 29 shots 35 points

Yeah but also Crooner he's the guy that takes all our shots when we look for him to bail us out. He takes more bailout shots against the shot clock then any player I know. Still I agree with you, he didn't shoot well tonight at all, 14 for 29, which isn't bad. But he also got more rebounds than Drew + Pau combined tonight and is leading the league in minutes played.

He's been pretty good for us. Pau + Drew were great offensively tonight. Great play by Gasol today! When Minny went zone though, we kinda didn't know what to do for a while there, and lol I honestly think it's because Brown had no clue what to do lol

whitemamba33
01-30-2012, 01:37 AM
check again

kobe 29 shots 35 points

That's good. If we got that kind of effort from the bigs consistently, the standings might look a little different.

Unfortunately he went 6-18 the night before.

He's shown he can do it, he just doesn't.

And I noticed you keep dodging this by referencing Pau's contributions late in tonights game, but there is ABSOLUTELY NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOO REASON why Kobe should have been able to grab more rebounds than Drew and Gasol combined. In a 66 game season, it should happen ZERO times. In an 82 game season...zero times. In a 100000 game season...you get the picture.

lavilevi23
01-30-2012, 01:38 AM
So...? He also said he was the best PF in the NBA. Who gives a **** what he says.

Hellcrooner
01-30-2012, 01:41 AM
That's good. If we got that kind of effort from the bigs consistently, the standings might look a little different.

Unfortunately he went 6-18 the night before.

He's shown he can do it, he just doesn't.

And I noticed you keep dodging this by referencing Pau's contributions late in tonights game, but there is ABSOLUTELY NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOO REASON why Kobe should have been able to grab more rebounds than Drew and Gasol combined. In a 66 game season, it should happen ZERO times. In an 82 game season...zero times. In a 100000 game season...you get the picture.

i dont remember giving any **** to anybody some games ago when pau had more assists thatn all the pg and sg of the lakers togheter in that game....

JNA17
01-30-2012, 01:44 AM
He's been playing like a top 2-3 player this year. I think what's really impressive is that most of us counted him out, even a lot of us laker fans due to his age and wear and tear. But the guy is a competitive freak of nature. 30, 6 and 6 this year? Tonight he had 35 and 14 on the back end of a back to back. He's still playing at an extremely high level...

I know a lot of people hate Kobe, but we should enjoy the greatness that we have left, cause he's essentially the last of his generation and his time is winding down.

The guy is 33 and in his 16th NBA season. I bet anybody people cant even count with all their fingers how many players played at this level at this age and in their 16th+ season. Its astounding.

I don't give a **** about off the court bull **** with players. That includes Lebron, kobe, Dwight, or whoever, but if Kobe had to be remembered for one thing and one thing only, his work ethic. Hate how he plays, hate how he shoots, hate his personality, but when it comes to work ethic, you won't find anybody better then Kobe.

JNA17
01-30-2012, 01:46 AM
i dont remember giving any **** to anybody some games ago when pau had more assists thatn all the pg and sg of the lakers togheter in that game....

And yet again, you continue to dodge the question and go completely off topic with something that would only benefit your favorite player. Come on man your better then that. :(

Hellcrooner
01-30-2012, 01:47 AM
The guy is 33 and in his 16th NBA season. I bet anybody people cant even count with all their fingers how many players played at this level at this age and in their 16th+ season. Its astounding.

I don't give a **** about off the court bull **** with players. That includes Lebron, kobe, Dwight, or whoever, but if Kobe had to be remembered for one thing and one thing only, his work ethic. Hate how he plays, hate how he shoots, hate his personality, but when it comes to work ethic, you won't find anybody better then Kobe.

Jordan

that itself is enough

but there have been other hard work ethic players, like Stockton or Bird for example.

TmacBryant
01-30-2012, 01:50 AM
check again

kobe 29 shots 35 points

Kobe only shot 2/2 free throws
While Gasol+Bynum shot 11/13

Not trying to take anything away from the big boys because they had a hell of a game tonight. But You can't blame kobe every single night, its ridiculous. Kobe is the one shooting the ball when the shot clock is at 1 second or when the quarter about to end ( Even tonight he shot a long three near half court line at the end of the 3rd). The biggest reason why you shouldn't blame kobe all the time is because Pau and Bynum do not play like they did tonight every single game. When lakers are shooting less than 20% 3pt % and the big guys aren't making shots, Kobe is the only offense that lakers have.

JNA17
01-30-2012, 01:54 AM
Jordan

that itself is enough

but there have been other hard work ethic players, like Stockton or Bird for example.

And now your trying to compare and contrast. But I'll bite. Hey how many years did Jordan play in the league? Just curious. (hint, it was less then 16) Bird, same thing. And even he declined dramatically in his last 2 years due to injures, injures that kobe is dealing with right now and STILL is considered one of the best players in the league. Stockton, he played a long time, yet again, he did not player like one of the best players in the league IN HIS 16th season.

Teeboy1487
01-30-2012, 01:55 AM
Croon vs Laker fans. For a second there, I thought we were in the Lakers forum :p.

naps
01-30-2012, 01:57 AM

WOW!! So just because he's a Lakers fan he can't be rational, state the obvious but instead have to adamant and claim Kobe is the best while he's actually not?

Hellcrooner
01-30-2012, 01:59 AM
And now your trying to compare and contrast. But I'll bite. Hey how many years did Jordan play in the league? Just curious. (hint, it was less then 16) Bird, same thing. And even he declined dramatically in his last 2 years due to injures, injures that kobe is dealing with right now and STILL is considered one of the best players in the league. Stockton, he played a long time, yet again, he did not player like one of the best players in the league IN HIS 16th season.

Nah if you weren't a little racist, you would have mentioned Hakeem or Kareem, but you had to mention one of the only great white players like Stockton and bird. Damn man :pity:

? review that post.

When did Jordan turn white?

I could mention you lots of players with Great work ethic.

But you are confusing work ethic with talent.

If you have both you become a kobe , a jordan.

if you have talent, you will go as far as your work ethic is, if its ok you can be a wilt, if its a bit deficient you can still be a a shaq, if you dont have ANY , no matter how talent do you have, you are becoming crap, benoit benjamin?

but a lot of those typical not so starry players that stay in the league for ages witouth having much, or ANY talent you can be sure they have = or higher work ethic than Kobe, im talking bout the friggin Tonny massemburgs and Danny Schayes of the world.

Hellcrooner
01-30-2012, 02:00 AM
WOW!! So just because he's a Lakers fan he can't be rational, state the obvious but instead have to adamant and claim Kobe is the best while he's actually not?

apparently.

But at the same time they bash me because im " too homeristic" of players in team spain ( without even wondering if i like them all, wich i dont).

do you get it?

I surely dont get it

whitemamba33
01-30-2012, 02:03 AM

You let me know when you are ready to address what's being said.

JNA17
01-30-2012, 02:08 AM
? review that post.

When did Jordan turn white?

I could mention you lots of players with Great work ethic.

But you are confusing work ethic with talent.

If you have both you become a kobe , a jordan.

if you have talent, you will go as far as your work ethic is, if its ok you can be a wilt, if its a bit deficient you can still be a a shaq, if you dont have ANY , no matter how talent do you have, you are becoming crap, benoit benjamin?

but a lot of those typical not so starry players that stay in the league for ages witouth having much, or ANY talent you can be sure they have = or higher work ethic than Kobe, im talking bout the friggin Tonny massemburgs and Danny Schayes of the world.

Im not even talking about Jordan. Using him in any argument is just useless here. Come on man just stop it. "when did Jordan turn white?" now i know your just avoiding. :laugh:

So can I. But my question wasn't who had great work ethic or not, my question was WHICH PLAYER AT AGE 33+ IN HIS 16+ SEASON PLAYED AT THE TOP LEVEL IN THE LEAGUE LIKE KOBE IS NOW? Your answers were two white players like Stockton and Bird, both of which, were DEAD WRONG. Instead of mentioning guys like oh I don't know...Karl Malone, Hakeem, Kareem, you had to name two white players...a little weird. :eyebrow:

No, it seems you are the only one confused with even the definition of work ethic. Until you answer my question, whatever else you say is just you continuing to dodge and avoid every question/point made against you.

Hellcrooner
01-30-2012, 02:16 AM
Im not even talking about Jordan. Using him in any argument is just useless here. Come on man just stop it. "when did Jordan turn white?" now i know your just avoiding. :laugh:

So can I. But my question wasn't who had great work ethic or not, my question was WHICH PLAYER AT AGE 33+ IN HIS 16+ SEASON PLAYED AT THE TOP LEVEL IN THE LEAGUE LIKE KOBE IS NOW? Your answers were two white players like Stockton and Bird, both of which, were DEAD WRONG. Instead of mentioning guys like oh I don't know...Karl Malone, Hakeem, Kareem, you had to name two white players...a little weird. :eyebrow:

No, it seems you are the only one confused with even the definition of work ethic. Until you answer my question, whatever else you say is just you continuing to dodge and avoid every question/point made against you.
it you who is confusing, i was not answering to the totallity of the post.

just at the last part of it the Kobe has the greatest work ethic ever mantra that kobe fans repeat over and over and wich is false, plain and simple.

JNA17
01-30-2012, 02:18 AM

just at the last part of it the Kobe has the greatest work ethic ever mantra that kobe fans repeat over and over and wich is false, plain and simple.

I rest my case. You still avoid any questions or points made against you and now you decide to bait.

Good day sir.

whitemamba33
01-30-2012, 02:19 AM

How do any of us know who has a great worth ethic and who doesn't? We aren't at their house to see them shooting in the driveway. We aren't at the gym lifting weights next to them.

I don't use the "facepalm" icon, but if you say it's from what the media reports, i'm going to go there.

Lim
01-30-2012, 02:22 AM
Kobe is not the best player in the league. has kobe EVER been the best player in the league? maybe for what? 1-2 years?

Hellcrooner
01-30-2012, 02:22 AM
How do any of us know who has a great worth ethic and who doesn't? We aren't at their house to see them shooting in the driveway. We aren't at the gym lifting weights next to them.

I don't use the "facepalm" icon, but if you say it's from what the media reports, i'm going to go there.

:clap: thats the point.

But many kobe fans make as a given that "kobe has the highest work ethic ever", including our friend jna17, and when i call him on it, on that specifical part of his post, he goes on

1 insulting me calling me racist

2 babling a lot of things to cover up that he does not want to recognize i have a point in calling him out for that "kobe has the greatet blab blab ever" phrase.

Hellcrooner
01-30-2012, 02:24 AM

But many kobe fans make as a given that "kobe has the highest work ethic ever", including our friend jna17, and when i call him on it, on that specifical part of his post, he goes on

2 babling a lot of things to cover up that he does not want to recognize i have a point in calling him out for that "kobe has the greatet blab blab ever" phrase.

Hellcrooner
01-30-2012, 02:25 AM

Hellcrooner
01-30-2012, 02:32 AM

Ebbs
01-30-2012, 02:39 AM
Well that's nice he feels that way.

But without hesitation I can say I still don't even have the slightest notion of thought of Kobe as a top 3 player let alone #1.

Jewelz0376
01-30-2012, 02:45 AM
I always find it funny on here when current players say Kobe is the best player in the league and posters on here who disagree discredit what the player is saying as if their opinion is more credible than a current players opinion...

Zefflin
01-30-2012, 02:50 AM
Kobe is not the best player in the league. has kobe EVER been the best player in the league? maybe for what? 1-2 years?

hahahaaha

Ebbs
01-30-2012, 02:52 AM
I always find it funny on here when current players say Kobe is the best player in the league and posters on here who disagree discredit what the player is saying as if their opinion is more credible than a current players opinion...

I like it when Lakers homers who have no real argument other than championships which are not indicative of individual worth continue to hype up Kobe who clearly is the third best wing currently even if we go off the first 20 games.

kblo247
01-30-2012, 03:04 AM
You're Welcome

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-30-2012, 03:07 AM
You're Welcome

:clap:

kblo247
01-30-2012, 03:08 AM
I like it when Lakers homers who have no real argument other than championships which are not indicative of individual worth continue to hype up Kobe who clearly is the third best wing currently even if we go off the first 20 games.

If we just go off this season. LeBron Durant have a claim. Melo, Wade, Rose, Westbrook, Paul, Deron, Nash, and any other perimeter play doesn't have a claim to being better this year.

kblo247
01-30-2012, 03:09 AM

Are you a different animal and the same beast?

Damn image rules on psd or I would post the gifs

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-30-2012, 03:11 AM
Are you a different animal and the same beast?

Damn image rules on psd or I would post the gifs

What the **** are you talking about kblo247?

JNA17
01-30-2012, 03:11 AM
You're Welcome

http://givemetherock.com/wp-content/uploads/kobe-bryant-system.jpg

In all seriousness though, this thread has got out of hand really fast as expected. It needs to be Klosed.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-30-2012, 03:13 AM

In all seriousness though, this thread has got out of hand really fast as expected. It needs to be Klosed.

I on the other hand disagree. This thread has been a success. In fact, I would go as far to say that this thread has been a success at success at success.

Ebbs
If we just go off this season. LeBron Durant have a claim. Melo, Wade, Rose, Westbrook, Paul, Deron, Nash, and any other perimeter play doesn't have a claim to being better this year.

Yea if were talking about the last year Kobe isn't top 3.

If were talking about this year he is the 3rd best wing in the NBA. I don't count Paul, rose, deron etc. . .as wings their point men.

JNA17
What the **** are you talking about kblo247?

...Your welcome.

*sudden applause*

What the **** is he talking about?

kblo247
01-30-2012, 03:15 AM
Yea if were talking about the last year Kobe isn't top 3.

If were talking about this year he is the 3rd best wing in the NBA. I don't count Paul, rose, deron etc. . .as wings their point men.

I personally lump all perimeter guys together and judge them, then judge all interior guys at 4-5 together because the league is so full of swings, combo guards, and hybrid bigs.

JNA17
01-30-2012, 03:16 AM
I on the other hand disagree. This thread has been a success. In fact, I would go as far to say that this thread has been a success at success at success.

http://hoopeduponline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/kobesystem7.jpg

beliges
01-30-2012, 03:17 AM

Kobe at age 33 putting up better numbers than MJ at 33, even despite the many more miles Kobe has had at this point. Playing at this level in year 16 is something no other perimeter player has ever done in the history of the game and is something that is only matched by Kareem. Regardless, this is probably the second greatest "non big man" to ever play the game. It should come as no surprise. But its obvious that he is no longer the absolute best player in the game. Some of these younger guys with their athleticism, quickness and youth have surpassed him at this point. Obviously Lebron, with his dominance is the better player today. But I think the majority of players say its Kobe out of respect. Theres no other player in the league that come close to mastering every aspect of the game Kobe has. Not even Lebron is close to doing that. I think thats where KLove is coming from.

kblo247
01-30-2012, 03:19 AM

http://www.nysportsjournalism.com/storage/KobeKlosed.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=12770775 72424

There you go

mngopher35
01-30-2012, 03:19 AM
First off I will throw it out there that I am not a Kobe fan and dislike him and the people who constantly overrate him. I will say though that he is still a top 5 player in the league. I disagree that hes the best as it seems pretty clear Lebron is this year, but Kobe could be ranked as high as 2nd with the year he is having IMO

JNA17
01-30-2012, 03:20 AM
Mods sleeping tonight huh? Looks like now this thread has turned into the Kobe system thread...WITH PONIES!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111010224622/halo/images/e/e0/14381-fluttershy-yay.jpg

Your welcome.

beliges
01-30-2012, 03:24 AM
Mods sleeping tonight huh? Looks like now this thread has turned into the Kobe system thread...WITH PONIES!

Your welcome.

I dont know. A guy in their 16th season averaging 30-6-6 is something thats never been done before and something you might never see done again. Thats pretty remarkable in and of itself and would be deemed threat worthy.

Ebbs
01-30-2012, 03:26 AM
Enough with your rambling. EIther make clasic outlandish claims about how Kobe is the GOAT. Or join me in defying those crazy homers and reminding them Kobe isn't a top 3 player in the NBA.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-30-2012, 03:28 AM
Enough with your rambling. EIther make clasic outlandish claims about how Kobe is the GOAT. Or join me in defying those crazy homers and reminding them Kobe isn't a top 3 player in the NBA.

Looks like you need a session of the Kobe System there buddy.

JNA17
01-30-2012, 03:31 AM
I dont know. A guy in their 16th season averaging 30-6-6 is something thats never been done before and something you might never see done again. Thats pretty remarkable in and of itself and would be deemed threat worthy.

Yeah...but you know...Lebron is like...unselfish and stuff...and is playing with only like...one superstar and an all star! While Kobe is like...playin with the most epic bigman Paul Gaso and...that Bynum guy...even though we nag on him being injury prone but man when Kobe is ever mentioned being great...thats when were reminded "OH BUT...HE HAS BYNUM MAN!".

I mean dude...like...who cares. Kobe like, raped a girl and stuff. And like, is not better then Lebron's godly physique! I mean come on dude, Kobe doesn't got anything on Wade even! Your dumb man, just dumb and just a homer dick rider peace of ****! GTFO!

JNA17
01-30-2012, 03:33 AM
Looks like you need a session of the Kobe System there buddy.

Vince Cater ***** on Kober man..er...

/horrible text version of a Texas accent.

beliges
01-30-2012, 03:36 AM
Yeah...but you know...Lebron is like...unselfish and stuff...and is playing with only like...one superstar and an all star! While Kobe is like...playin with the most epic bigman Paul Gaso and...that Bynum guy...even though we nag on him being injury prone but man when Kobe is ever mentioned being great...thats when were reminded "OH BUT...HE HAS BYNUM MAN!".

I mean dude...like...who cares. Kobe like, raped a girl and stuff. And like, is not better then Lebron's godly physique! I mean come on dude, Kobe doesn't got anything on Wade even! Your dumb man, just dumb and just a homer dick rider peace of ****! GTFO!

Uh huh. Sounds like a typical response. Using stupidity to debate facts.

kblo247
01-30-2012, 03:38 AM

Lets just put it like this.

In the year 2001, averaged 29pts, 6rebs, and 5asts. 11 long years later he is averaging 30pts, 6rebs, and 6asts. He has maintained and adapted to overcome injuries, personnel changes, declining athleticism, and a changing league. He has played more seasons than anyone in the league for one team, he has more minutes on his legs than the greats like Magic, Jordan, Bird, Barkely, and Duncan. He has won more than anyone since Jordan and Pippen, while playing more roles of playmaker, defender, and scorer than most of those before him. He quite simply is still here and balling.

Just enjoy him while he plays, rather you hate Kobe, you hate the Lakers, you hate pro sports, or love them because at the end of the day you won't truly get what he was, is, and has done until he is gone if you spend more time worrying about contradicting what he is or isn't, where he ranks or doesn't, and what he does and does not deserve. And then it is too late

JNA17
01-30-2012, 03:39 AM
Uh huh. Sounds like a typical response. Using stupidity to debate facts.

Stupidity? Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffft. I don't even know what that word means...

(you know this post and my other one was a joke right?)

Ebbs
01-30-2012, 03:41 AM
Vince Cater ***** on Kober man..er...

/horrible text version of a Texas accent.

When have I ever said VC was better than Kobe. Posts like this man. . .

Also I'm not from Texas

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-30-2012, 03:42 AM

In the year 2001, averaged 29pts, 6rebs, and 5asts. 11 long years later he is averaging 30pts, 6rebs, and 6asts. He has maintained and adapted to overcome injuries, personnel changes, declining athleticism, and a changing league. He has played more seasons than anyone in the league for one team, he has more minutes on his legs than the greats like Magic, Jordan, Bird, Barkely, and Duncan. He has won more than anyone since Jordan and Pippen, while playing more roles of playmaker, defender, and scorer than most of those before him. He quite simply is still here and balling.

Just enjoy him while he plays, rather you hate Kobe, you hate the Lakers, you hate pro sports, or love them because at the end of the day you won't truly get what he was, is, and has done until he is gone if you spend more time worrying about contradicting what he is or isn't, where he ranks or doesn't, and what he does and does not deserve. And then it is too late

:cry: This was so beautiful man!

MTar786
01-30-2012, 03:44 AM
LOL kobe gets no respect here. he is still the best in the league at times..he just cant consistently keep it up anymore.. and for that.. if its not him now then its lebron.. but i dont think any one else is on kobe or lebrons level.. after them its wade and durant. then dwight, cp3 and rose.

This is my top 6

1.lebron
2.kobe (at this point in his career, or else number 1)
3.wade
4.durant
5.dwight
6.cp3
7.rose

JNA17
01-30-2012, 03:46 AM

Its funny. All of those years, comparisons like Kobe vs Iverson, Kobe vs Mcgrady, Kobe vs Vince Carter, Kobe vs Grant Hill, you get the drift. All those comparisons, all these years, and today, Kobe is still one of the last man standing. Where is guys like Allen Iverson now? He only ended his career in one of the worst ways possible (no offense to 76ers fans). Where is Mcgrady? Injured and a bench player for the last 4 or so years. Vince Carter? A shameful decline with not much left in the tank.

Kobe? Still one of the best players in the league. And still to do this day with Kobe vs this or that. I find that part of his career also pretty fascinating.

beliges
01-30-2012, 03:49 AM
Stupidity? Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffft. I don't even know what that word means...

(you know this post and my other one was a joke right?)

My apologies sir :o

JNA17
01-30-2012, 03:49 AM
When have I ever said VC was better than Kobe. Posts like this man. . .

Also I'm not from Texas

You didn't. And neither did I. I only said that to make fun of your sig with Vince Carter like he's an important player on the Mavs.

Sure you are! I mean come on, which guy outside of Texas would have a name like Ebbs!? I simply just don't believe you man.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-30-2012, 03:50 AM
Its funny. All of those years, comparisons like Kobe vs Iverson, Kobe vs Mcgrady, Kobe vs Vince Carter, Kobe vs Grant Hill, you get the drift. All those comparisons, all these years, and today, Kobe is still one of the last man standing. Where is guys like Allen Iverson now? He only ended his career in one of the worst ways possible (no offense to 76ers fans). Where is Mcgrady? Injured and a bench player for the last 4 or so years. Vince Carter? A shameful decline with not much left in the tank.

Kobe? Still one of the best players in the league. And still to do this day with Kobe vs this or that. I find that part of his career also pretty fascinating.

And now it's:

Kobe vs Rose, Kobe vs LeBron, Kobe vs Wade, Kobe vs Melo, Kobe vs KD, Kobe vs Pierce, Kobe vs Manu blah blah blah

For 16 years now, it's been Kobe vs ????

We had that show Shaq vs on ABC.....time to start Kobe vs perhaps???

And if I had to attribute Kobe's longevity and dominance to someone, I'd look into the realm of professional wrestling (wwe) and saying that Kobe is like the Undertaker (lol). Undertaker debuting in 1990 (2+ decades of destruction). Kobe Bryant debuting in 1996 (1 1/2+ decades of destruction).

basketfan4life
01-30-2012, 03:51 AM
I dont hate him.

Just dont buy what he is selling.

I was a laker fan when he was a little kid in italy.

Ive liked and disliked laker players all my life because im interested in TEAM not players ( a very european concept it seems, for many reasons).

Not gonna change my team because one i dislike is the "franchise" player.

your beloved franchise has 5 more chips because of the one you dislike...don't lie here, you hate the guy, sad thing is he helped your boy get 2 chips too, your soft boy was a 0-12 player in the playoffs.

Durant is hype
01-30-2012, 03:59 AM

How is there opinion more credible? Please humor me? They don't get to watch these guys play more times than us. They just go off based on reputation,rings,media hype,etc....

JNA17
01-30-2012, 04:00 AM
And now it's:

Kobe vs Rose, Kobe vs LeBron, Kobe vs Wade, Kobe vs Melo, Kobe vs KD, Kobe vs Pierce, Kobe vs Manu blah blah blah

For 16 years now, it's been Kobe vs ????

We had that show Shaq vs on ABC.....time to start Kobe vs perhaps???

And if I had to attribute Kobe's longevity and dominance to someone, I'd look into the realm of professional wrestling (wwe) and saying that Kobe is like the Undertaker (lol). Undertaker debuting in 1990 (2+ decades of destruction). Kobe Bryant debuting in 1996 (1 1/2+ decades of destruction).

I think the better comparison would be Kobe and Stone Cold. Rattlesnake...Black Mamba :D.

But you have a point. It's scary how Kobe today goes out of his way to travel to countries like Germany to treat his injures. When he turns 36, he's probably going to do another surgical experiment with the doctors dipping him in hot volcanic Lava while wearing Mr. Freeze armor. And what makes Kobe even crazier...he would probably do it...that sick ****.

LakersSaintsLSU
01-30-2012, 04:01 AM
I know most of the people 90% say it's lebron and I don't disagree or agree but when 99% of players say its Kobe it's gotta mean something.

Hellcrooner
01-30-2012, 04:03 AM
your beloved franchise has 5 more chips because of the one you dislike...don't lie here, you hate the guy, sad thing is he helped your boy get 2 chips too, your soft boy was a 0-12 player in the playoffs.

More like "soft" boy opened the window so kobe could go past the sun...... into two more titles.

JNA17
01-30-2012, 04:03 AM
How is there opinion more credible? Please humor me? They don't get to watch these guys play more times than us. They just go off based on reputation,rings,media hype,etc....

Because their not lakers fans. And we all know lakers fans know nothing about basketball. Hell even the 5 Heat fans in the world have more credible NBA knowledge then lakers fans man!

Federal Reserve
01-30-2012, 04:04 AM
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Wade
4. Howard
5. Paul

kblo247
01-30-2012, 04:05 AM
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Wade
4. Howard
5. Paul

Wade and Paul outplayed him this year?

Hellcrooner
01-30-2012, 04:05 AM

Yeah of course.
Id totally allow scottie pippen to manage my money in the bank.

Because players are sooooo smart.

Durant is hype
01-30-2012, 04:07 AM
Kobe at age 33 putting up better numbers than MJ at 33, even despite the many more miles Kobe has had at this point. Playing at this level in year 16 is something no other perimeter player has ever done in the history of the game and is something that is only matched by Kareem. Regardless, this is probably the second greatest "non big man" to ever play the game. It should come as no surprise. But its obvious that he is no longer the absolute best player in the game. Some of these younger guys with their athleticism, quickness and youth have surpassed him at this point. Obviously Lebron, with his dominance is the better player today. But I think the majority of players say its Kobe out of respect. Theres no other player in the league that come close to mastering every aspect of the game Kobe has. Not even Lebron is close to doing that. I think thats where KLove is coming from.

Regarding the MJ comparison: Don't go there:) . Lebron has pretty much mastered every part of his game. He can shoot the ball well,he can pass,he can rebound,he can defend,he is EFFICIENT as ****,etc...

JNA17
01-30-2012, 04:07 AM
More like "soft" boy opened the window so kobe could go past the sun...... into two more titles.

Or more like soft boy was lucky to team up with a guy who doesnt let girl issues affect his game. We can play this game for hours.

You can twist words however you want, but the fact remains that you hate a player that has been the modt loyal to the lakers franchise on the current roster that YOU CLAIM to be a fan of.

Ebbs
01-30-2012, 04:09 AM
Lol Kobe has been most loyal to the Lakers :laugh:

JNA17
01-30-2012, 04:12 AM
Yeah of course.
Id totally allow scottie pippen to manage my money in the bank.

Because players are sooooo smart.

Well considering he's still richer then you and all of us combined, yeah I would.

And this is basketball knowledge, not finance. Seriously you have been a psd forum member for 7 years, been to the village of the banned countless times, etc. Have you learned ANYTHING? I mean your spelling is better...I think. Yet you still troll, you still fail to answer any questions or points made to you, I mean really dude, did you learn anything? At all?

Durant is hype
Because their not lakers fans. And we all know lakers fans know nothing about basketball. Hell even the 5 Heat fans in the world have more credible NBA knowledge then lakers fans man!

So your comparing laker fans to nba players with the same opinion? Doesn't that hint something? LOL

Well thankfully,there's loads of knowledgeable hardcore basketball fans out there

1.Know how to think for themselves

2.Watch the majority of the games.

3. They objectively analyse the games without any bias for any player.

Celtics33
That's very nice that Kevin Love said that Kobe is the best player in the NBA. Just because Kevin Love said it doesn't make it so.

JNA17
01-30-2012, 04:14 AM
Lol Kobe has been most loyal to the Lakers :laugh:

Compared to the current roster, and the fact that he has only played with one NBA team ever, and that NBA team just so happens to be the lakers, I would say so.

But I'm sure you know much more about loyalty seeing how you have a signature of a player who has been loyal to his franchise for so many yea...oh wait.

basketfan4life
01-30-2012, 04:15 AM

Damn you're funny.

JNA17
01-30-2012, 04:16 AM
Well thankfully,there's loads of knowledgeable hardcore basketball fans out there

1.Know how to think for themselves

2.Watch the majority of the games.

3. They objectively analyse the games without any bias for any player.

Your right, its a shame PSD lacks those fans however.

(dude come on, my last post was a joke before. Seriously you know my sense of humor right?)

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-30-2012, 04:18 AM
Adaptation is not about reaction. The dinosaurs reacted, the meteor adapted.

THE METEOR WON.

Lakers fans and Kobe fans, forget all these haters. Do not be the dinosaurs and "react". Just simply be the meteor and "adapt". And then, just tell all the haters....

YOU'RE WELCOME. ;)

JNA17
01-30-2012, 04:21 AM
Adaptation is not about reaction. The dinosaurs reacted, the meteor adapted.

THE METEOR WON.

Lakers fans and Kobe fans, forget all these haters. Do not be the dinosaurs and "react". Just simply be the meteor and "adapt". And then, just tell all the haters....

YOU'RE WELCOME. ;)

This post makes the most sense in the weirdest way possible. You have managed to successfully make sense of that quote from the Kobe system commercial.

Well done sir! :clap:

Raph12
01-30-2012, 04:22 AM
Bird called Jordan "god", should we stop worshipping Jesus?

JNA17
01-30-2012, 04:25 AM
Bird called Jordan "god", should we stop worshipping Jesus?

Who's Jesus? :confused: sounds like a fancy word for ice cream sprinkles.

knightstemplar
01-30-2012, 04:36 AM
That's very nice that Kevin Love said that Kobe is the best player in the NBA. Just because Kevin Love said it doesn't make it so.

Lol @ your sig
"Bird layed it up like a real man"

americaspasttim
01-30-2012, 04:37 AM
Ok, closed...