PDA

View Full Version : Dwight To Chicago A Possibility

MetroMan
01-29-2012, 10:46 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-120129-dwight-howard-chicago-bulls-trade,0,1239459.story

If Magic center Dwight Howard has any reservations about playing for the Bulls, it has nothing to do with sharing the spotlight with Derrick Rose. In fact, the five-time All-Star is open to uniting with the reigning MVP.

"If I could play with Derrick right now and God wanted that to happen, it will happen," Howard told the Tribune. "It has nothing to do with me not wanting to play with Derrick Rose. I love him. That's my brother.''

Deadly Combo

Rose
Rip
Dang
Gibson
Dwight
:speechless:

Rose Comments

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,5239288.story

Rose, who has been knocked out of two games by Howard, reacted similarly to when he talks about any opposing player.

"Me and Dwight definitely have a relationship, especially because of Adidas," Rose said. "I know that our market and the city speaks for itself if someone was interested to come to the Bulls. Dwight is a great player. Who wouldn't want to play with him? You never know what's going to happen."

Raps08-09 Champ
01-29-2012, 10:48 PM
I'd think the Magic want Deng and not Boozer.

kozelkid
01-29-2012, 10:49 PM
A) Not this again. It isn't happening.
B) If there was some chance it did, Deng would obviously have to be included.

But it isn't happening. Dwight doesn't have interest. This is just flattery.

Monta is beast
01-29-2012, 10:50 PM
They would have to give Deng, Gibson, Asik, and multiple first round picks.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Better question is: why can't Dwight keep his mouth shut?

SteBO
01-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Chicago is where he should go, which is why I question his so-called "will to win". But as far as I'm concerned, this isn't happening. Dwight needs to stop talking and play ball. His team just blasted by 21 points at home, so for his sake and his teams' sake he'll be the "leader" and get them out of the funk they're in.

Cal827
01-29-2012, 11:02 PM
**** this traitor. His talking is also getting really annoying too. Just play the goddamn game and let things play out.

Raph12
01-29-2012, 11:04 PM
He says he'd love to play with Rose, that's just a compliment to Rose, he never said anything about wanting to play in Chicago...

Cano-Montero...
01-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Lebron James part 2... How i mwish Dwight would just should up and wait for the magic to do what they want..

shep33
01-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Last week it was Boston, this week it's Chicago... I'm so annoyed with this guy, I actually think Carmelo handled his situation better... and I love D12. But man, just shut up already.

waveycrockett
01-29-2012, 11:09 PM
If he wanted to play with Rose he would of put the Bulls on his list point blank. Not happening I think right now Dwight is just trying to piss off the Magic FO enough to deal him.

Cubby
01-29-2012, 11:11 PM
I'll only do a trade that doesn't include Deng. If they won't take it, then we will roll with what we have because I like this current team.

shep33
01-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Chicago shouldn't trade for him. I honestly think they're a better team without Howard as strange as that sounds. Noah, Asik, Boozer, Taj is a great frontline... the kicker for me is that probably the two best defenders on that team get dealt. Deng + Noah... replace Deng with Hedo and LBJ scores 45 a night in the playoffs.

gotoHcarolina52
01-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Carmelo Anthony part 2... How i mwish Dwight would just should up and wait for the magic to do what they want..

So true

Avenged
01-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Just shut up already.

Play the game. He says he wants to stay in Orlando first and foremost but he has a weird way of showing it.

masTOR_shake1
01-29-2012, 11:19 PM
**** the nba

KJ21.the.truth
01-29-2012, 11:24 PM
**** the nba

This

Gritz
01-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Just come out already dwight and start saying after games to trade you as opposed to beating around the bush

Badluck33
01-29-2012, 11:28 PM
God=Adidas

if Howard plays in Chicago, he will get probably $100 Million less from God.

KJ21.the.truth
01-29-2012, 11:30 PM
FTR the title of the thread would lead you to believe the two teams are talking about a move, theres no proof of that. All thats here is a quote from Dwight saying he would play with Rose, we get one of those a week regarding diff teams and players....

Raph12
01-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Chicago shouldn't trade for him. I honestly think they're a better team without Howard as strange as that sounds. Noah, Asik, Boozer, Taj is a great frontline... the kicker for me is that probably the two best defenders on that team get dealt. Deng + Noah... replace Deng with Hedo and LBJ scores 45 a night in the playoffs.

LMFAO at Noah being one of their "two best defenders"... Noah's defense is overrated, he get's lit up by just about every good offensive center.

Best defenders on the Bulls IMO:
1. Brewer
2. Deng
3. Asik
4. Taj
5. Meh

Noah could sneak in at #5, but that's not saying much, Brewer defending Lebron with Dwight guarding the paint makes for much better team defense.

Just for the record, there are no legs to this rumor, so this is all moot but that's my answer for the sake of arguement.

Cubby
01-29-2012, 11:33 PM
LMFAO at Noah being one of their "two best defenders"... Noah's defense is overrated, he get's lit up by just about every good offensive center.

1. Brewer
2. Deng
3. Asik
4. Taj
5. Meh

Noah could sneak in at #5, but that's not saying much, Brewer defending Lebron with Dwight guarding the paint makes for much better team defense.

Just for the record, there are no legs to this rumor, so this is all moot but that's my answer for the sake of arguement.

You have now convinced me that you know nothing about the Bulls.

JordansBulls
01-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Deng, Noah and Taj for Dwight and Hedo.

NYsFinest
01-29-2012, 11:36 PM
This is exactly like the Lebron thing... First it seemed like his only choice is between NY and Chicago, then teams like the Nets, Mavs, Heat came into the picture.

It sounded like Dwights only choices were Mavs, Nets and Lakers... and now the Bulls, Knicks, Celtics etc are getting into the picture as well.

I think the team he ends up on will surprise a lot, like the Lebron heat decision. This is why reading into NBA rumors all year round is pointless.

shep33
01-29-2012, 11:36 PM

1. Brewer
2. Deng
3. Asik
4. Taj
5. Meh

I have to disagree... If Noah completely sucks, than why on Earth does he play all those minutes? Why doesn't Asik start then? The guy is a very good defender and IMO he's their 2nd best defensive player.

llemon
01-29-2012, 11:38 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-120129-dwight-howard-chicago-bulls-trade,0,1239459.story

If Magic center Dwight Howard has any reservations about playing for the Bulls, it has nothing to do with sharing the spotlight with Derrick Rose. In fact, the five-time All-Star is open to uniting with the reigning MVP.

"If I could play with Derrick right now and God wanted that to happen, it will happen," Howard told the Tribune. "It has nothing to do with me not wanting to play with Derrick Rose. I love him. That's my brother.''

Deadly Combo

Rose
Rip
Dang
Gibson
Dwight
:speechless:

But 'God' can be so fickle.

thedfactor
01-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Any team can be a possibility. It's not saying much and I don't think Orlando wants to deal him in the East. Most likely trade remains Howard going to the Lakers.

Greet
01-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Chicago has the worst offer out of all the teams.

rapjuicer06
01-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Dwight, shut the **** up you annoying *****. I am an Orlando fan, and I just want this ungrateful schmuck off the ****ing team. **** this guy

Chronz
01-29-2012, 11:55 PM
God ?

BH-Sports
01-29-2012, 11:56 PM
I lost so much respect for Dwight over this whole situation.

dtmagnet
01-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Everyone is everyone's brother it seems these days. It's stupid, Bird and MJ weren't brothers.

Chill_Will_24
01-29-2012, 11:57 PM
God must really love the Nets

Chill_Will_24
01-29-2012, 11:58 PM
Everyone is everyone's brother it seems these days. It's stupid, Bird and MJ weren't brothers.

Dwight is christian.. they call everyone brother and sister

kjoke
01-29-2012, 11:58 PM
Noah+Deng+Taj+Picks. Maybe/

No way this deal gets done without deng and noah

shep33
01-30-2012, 12:00 AM
Dwight, shut the **** up you annoying *****. I am an Orlando fan, and I just want this ungrateful schmuck off the ****ing team. **** this guy

Amen...he is beyond annoying now. But at the same time I think you guys will wait till the deadline, just to try and find some other teams at least cause really outside of the Lakers there are not many trade partners out there. Maybe New York? I bet Otis waits to see Lopez first.

uprightciti
01-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Deng noah and a pick would get it done throw em boozer for hedo

justinnum1
01-30-2012, 12:01 AM
noah asik taj, deng and charlotte first for dwight and hdeo.

lol

Badluck33
01-30-2012, 12:02 AM
Deng+Noah+Taj+Rip+Brewer+Korver+Benny the Bull+5 x 1st round picks

for

Howard and Hedo

Get it done garpaxthibsdorf!

shep33
01-30-2012, 12:09 AM
I'd trade him to the Wizards just to piss him off

rapjuicer06
01-30-2012, 12:11 AM
Amen...he is beyond annoying now. But at the same time I think you guys will wait till the deadline, just to try and find some other teams at least cause really outside of the Lakers there are not many trade partners out there. Maybe New York? I bet Otis waits to see Lopez first.

I don't even care anymore. I'd trade him to the ****ing Bucks for picks just to spite the hell out of him. He's so damn annoying. How can you blame his team not wanting to play? He never shuts his mouth and talks about playing for other teams and wanting better players all the ****ing time. That's so incredibly insulting its not even funny. They were winning games and he was still running his stupid *** mouth. If I was Q-Rich I would put my fist in that mother ****ers mouth and tell him to shut the **** up and be apart of the team. What a lousy *** teammate

rapjuicer06
01-30-2012, 12:13 AM
I'd trade him to the Wizards just to piss him off

That'd work as well. Get their first round pick and the dumbass McGee and Nick Young back

kozelkid
01-30-2012, 12:14 AM

1. Brewer
2. Deng
3. Asik
4. Taj
5. Meh

Ya... that's just not true. At all.

For starters, Deng is without the doubt, the top defender the Bulls.

And while you're right that Noah has trouble against the big centers (see Hibbert, Dwight, Bogut, Bynum, etc.), he is absolutely critical against teams with versatile, perimeter oriented bigs. He was absolutely key tonight against the Heat and if we hope to beat them, we'll need a good, healthy Noah (not the trash in the ECF, but today's). With the constant switches, Noah held his own pretty damn well against Lebron, forcing him to take long 2's multiple times.

I'm as big of a Noah critic as any, but trying take away Noah's value on D by ranking him on a team with multiple all-defensive team type players is kinda stupid and disingenuous.

For his lack on defense against some of the big man, he is absolutely key with his versatility, and will be needed 100% when we face Miami.

ghettosean
01-30-2012, 12:18 AM
Chicago is where he should go, which is why I question his so-called "will to win". But as far as I'm concerned, this isn't happening. Dwight needs to stop talking and play ball. His team just blasted by 21 points at home, so for his sake and his teams' sake he'll be the "leader" and get them out of the funk they're in.
This....

D12 never said he wants to play in Chicago nor did he add them to his wish list of teams to go to at least that we have heard of.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-30-2012, 12:18 AM
The Bulls could start with the Charlotte pick, the rights to Nikola Mirotic, and the Bulls late 1st round picks for the next number of years.

That is a pretty decent haul to add in before you even start talking about players.

Greet
01-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Asik is a better defender than Noah anyways.

Also, 157 people viewing this thread, WTF.

OC Knights #11
01-30-2012, 12:33 AM
I'm tired of hearing this whiny ***** open his mouth.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-30-2012, 12:47 AM
First it was wanting to play with CP3, then D-WIll, now DRose. Next he'll say Westbrook.....i really feel bad for Jameer Nelson, who is having the worst season of his career!

shep33
01-30-2012, 01:13 AM
I don't even care anymore. I'd trade him to the ****ing Bucks for picks just to spite the hell out of him. He's so damn annoying. How can you blame his team not wanting to play? He never shuts his mouth and talks about playing for other teams and wanting better players all the ****ing time. That's so incredibly insulting its not even funny. They were winning games and he was still running his stupid *** mouth. If I was Q-Rich I would put my fist in that mother ****ers mouth and tell him to shut the **** up and be apart of the team. What a lousy *** teammate

That's actually true, I've noticed them being sluggish ever since last week with the Boston comments. Guy is annoying as hell, love him as a player but man I wouldn't mind Q-rich knocking him out

chitown815
01-30-2012, 01:17 AM

Brewer would guard Lebron, Rip on Wade not the worst trade off, Dwight would plug the hole as well

Noah+Deng+Taj+Picks. Maybe
No way this deal gets done without deng and noah

If they are getting Deng and Noah they are not getting Gibson way too valuable off the bench, considering Boozer has way too many bad nights, Bulls may be better off not getting him if it comes down to this

Deng noah and a pick would get it done throw em boozer for hedo

Giving up Boozer would anger Dwight considering they are slumber buddies

Teeboy1487
01-30-2012, 01:31 AM
It would take Deng, Boozer(or Gibson) and Noah(I don't know if he can be traded with a new deal) . Chicago may be unwilling to break up their team like that, but I would do it.

Rose
Hamilton
Turkoglu
Gibson(Boozer)
Howard

That's a legit line up right there and two superstars is better than one. If I'm Chicago, I would do this in a hot second. If they can get a third team involved, even better. It's plausible.

Kyben36
01-30-2012, 01:36 AM
as a bulls fan, I would love to see anything outside of Rose and Deng

as a realist, I see the Magic wanting Deng

As a Knowledable player of the game though, breaking up the best team in the league may end up backfireing as well. ( best team in the league refering to their record mainly.

turnaround3
01-30-2012, 01:37 AM
I think the haul would look something like:

One of: Gibson/Asik
One of: Boozer/Noah
Mirotic
Bulls 2012 1st
Bulls 2013 1st
Bobcats eventual 1st (Almost certainly top 5 in 2015, the way its structured)

For Howard & Turkoglu.

5ass
01-30-2012, 01:37 AM
"...if God wanted that to happen...", what the **** is he waiting for a sign from above?

cutiepie80
01-30-2012, 01:48 AM
It would have to be Deng/Noah/Gibson/Charlotte pick and maybe another for D12 and Hedo.

I dunno, as a Bulls fan I'd be happy but at the same time this team has great chemistry and if they are healthy by playoff time I can see them getting to the finals. The heat/Bulls is the new "big" rivalry in the nba. You don't find many exciting games like what happened thia afternoon.

Sadds The Gr8
01-30-2012, 01:55 AM
I still find it hilarious that this ****in hypocrite was bashing Lebron for what he did last year.

lavilevi23
01-30-2012, 01:56 AM
Bulls already have the one of the best defenses in the league why would they trade their 2nd and 3rd best players along with young talent and picks for another defensive player?
This seems beyond stupid to me if they pull it off.

cutiepie80
01-30-2012, 01:58 AM
Bulls already have the one of the best defenses in the league why would they trade their 2nd and 3rd best players along with young talent and picks for another defensive player?
This seems beyond stupid to me if they pull it off.

Howard isn't a defensive player. He's a superstar. :)

beasted86
01-30-2012, 02:02 AM

Do the Bulls have cap space?

shep33
01-30-2012, 02:03 AM
It would definitely have to be Noah + Deng, but again that's a 100 mill that Orlando would be taking back, and I'm sure they don't want that.

Bulls are fine as is.

SACNYY
01-30-2012, 02:03 AM
Please shut up Howard. God this guy is annoying. Hope he ends up signing with Washington or something.

shep33
01-30-2012, 02:16 AM
Chicago, LA, NJ, NYC, whatever... the moral of the story is D12 just needs to shut up. This is getting worse than the Melo thing. I didn't recall Melo talking this much about it either

MJ-BULLS
01-30-2012, 02:46 AM
I would give up anybody on the team except for rose.

shep33
01-30-2012, 03:01 AM
I doubt he goes to the Bulls, if it's Deng + Noah which it'd essentially have to be with picks, why would Orlando want to take back 100 mill in contracts for two players that would probably make them an 8-9 seed?
I doubt they trade to Chicago. And I'll say it again, I don't think Chicago needs him and they'd also have to take back Turks deal.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-30-2012, 03:11 AM
Its funny how fans just fall into this trap. Similar to the LeBron reports all these writers will come out and say "this such and such team has been added to the list".

LeBron knew where he was going, he opened up his options a bit but ultimately all along he knew exactly what team he wanted to go to.

As does Dwight. He knows EXACTLY where he wants to be, he'll keep his options there but he has a favorite and like LeBron he will most likely end up there.

I think that's the Nets, and ultimately I see him ending up there because thats where he will demand to go, and in order for the Magic to get any deal done they need to work with Dwight.

rockbottom2010
01-30-2012, 03:21 AM
deng boozer noah......and they will give away 2 second round pics and howard....makes sense on both sides

MTar786
01-30-2012, 03:52 AM
the bulls should just trade whatever the magic want besides rose and deng. for dwight and fillers. dwight will do what billups did and end up being happy where he ended up. dwight with rose and deng is DEADLY..especially with the way the bulls play. Infact.. I say they win the championship this season if they somehow find a way to trade boozer, noah, gibson and the next few 1st picks the bulls have for dwight and maybe hedo.

Federal Reserve
01-30-2012, 03:56 AM
You heard it here first: Howard to take his talents to New York and play under the bright lights of Madison Square Garden.

Amare + Chandler should get it done.

Canterbury
01-30-2012, 04:01 AM
You heard it here first: Howard to take his talents to New York and play under the bright lights of Madison Square Garden.

Shush. Dwight will get more on New York next week.

BullsFTW
01-30-2012, 04:20 AM
He's this year's LeBron James, a 6-foot-10 power forward with the game that could make him the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, but with an evangelistic spirit that he hopes will "raise the name of God within the league and throughout the world."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1769153

For all those dissing Howard regarding his God statement, read the article. You think a guy who's a religious as him will use God's name in vain. For a lot of you guys, your jokes are absurd. It ain't funny to use God's name in a joke.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-30-2012, 04:20 AM

Yeah, an overpaid Center and a PF with knee problems should definitely get the deal done.... That way the Magic can be screwed cap wise and have zero chance at the playoffs or rebuilding for the next 5 years.

You sir, are one smart man.... :facepalm:

Federal Reserve
01-30-2012, 04:26 AM
Yeah, an overpaid Center and a PF with knee problems should definitely get the deal done.... That way the Magic can be screwed cap wise and have zero chance at the playoffs or rebuilding for the next 5 years.

You sir, are one smart man.... :facepalm:

Right, because trading Howard to the Nets for a center who can't rebound and is coming from a serious injury is a good idea.

Raph12
01-30-2012, 04:30 AM
I have to disagree... If Noah completely sucks, than why on Earth does he play all those minutes? Why doesn't Asik start then? The guy is a very good defender and IMO he's their 2nd best defensive player.

Who said he completely sucks? You claimed he was the team's second best defender which is far from true. The reason why he starts is because he's a good passer, rebounder, help defender, has a lot of energy and is a better scoring option than Asik... I just simply stated that he's not close to being the Bulls' top defender. You underrate Brewer, who's defensive numbers were among the best in the league (Iggy & Lebron) last season, Asik and Taj are both much better 1v1 defenders as well.

rockbottom2010
01-30-2012, 04:40 AM
i could see this happening

shep33
01-30-2012, 04:52 AM
Who said he completely sucks? You claimed he was the team's second best defender which is far from true. The reason why he starts is because he's a good passer, rebounder, help defender, has a lot of energy and is a better scoring option than Asik... I just simply stated that he's not close to being the Bulls' top defender. You underrate Brewer, who's defensive numbers were among the best in the league (Iggy & Lebron) last season, Asik and Taj are both much better 1v1 defenders as well.

I still have to disagree with him being overrated defensively. Defense isn't simply about one on one matchups either. He is a great help defender for one, and he guard the pick and roll very well (hedging the ball screen). There are no other bigs outside of D12 that can take on a switch and actually guard a pg/sg as well as Noah can. I've seen the guy play great D at times on guys like LBJ when he absolutely has to.

That's just my opinion. He is an extremely important piece to what they do on defense. I'd put Deng at #1, Noah at #2 and Brewer at #3.

Lidz
01-30-2012, 04:57 AM
i'm tired of all of the Howard trade talk.

Lidz
01-30-2012, 04:59 AM
But I will say this would be scary, but I don't see it happening.

Raph12
01-30-2012, 05:11 AM
I still have to disagree with him being overrated defensively. Defense isn't simply about one on one matchups either. He is a great help defender for one, and he guard the pick and roll very well (hedging the ball screen). There are no other bigs outside of D12 that can take on a switch and actually guard a pg/sg as well as Noah can. I've seen the guy play great D at times on guys like LBJ when he absolutely has to.

That's just my opinion. He is an extremely important piece to what they do on defense. I'd put Deng at #1, Noah at #2 and Brewer at #3.

Again you said "defender" not "defensive player" two completely different things.

Btw he just gives Lebron space, Lebron said he gets that pnr on purpose to make Noah look silly (when he made those comments about Cleveland). Even today, Noah just gave him space and Lebron shoved it down his throat with all of those jumpers.

He's a better defensive player than Brewer, but both Asik and Taj are better overall defenders; not in the pnr specifically, but in 1v1 and help defense, both are better.

There is a reason why the Bulls get better defensively with the second lineup, three of their four best defenders are on the court at the same time.

Mr_Amaziing
01-30-2012, 05:32 AM
Right, because trading Howard to the Nets for a center who can't rebound and is coming from a serious injury is a good idea.

Yea you tell him :)

mustaine
01-30-2012, 05:33 AM
Anything can happen... I'd be happy to see a deal happening structured around Boozer and Noah to Orlando (although, I'd kinda miss Noah). I'm pretty sure that Orlando would want Deng to be included so it's pretty unlikely to happen... unless a third team with some pieces that Orlando is interested is included in the deal.

Anyway, it's not likely to happen... he'll probably end up in LA, they do most of the time.

KG21
01-30-2012, 06:16 AM
Howard can say what every he wants it's his right and you (posters) are bunch of drama queens denying him that right.

It's ironic but now I'm saying that you should shut the hell up and mind your own damn business.

:facepalm:

justOmazing
01-30-2012, 06:28 AM
Howard can say what every he wants it's his right and you (posters) are bunch of drama queens denying him that right.

It's ironic but now I'm saying that you should shut the hell up and mind your own damn business.

KG21
01-30-2012, 06:44 AM

Your location clearly shows that you are at your own world.

smh

eugene
01-30-2012, 07:36 AM
Decision 2...

Celtics33
01-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Last week it was Boston, this week it's Chicago... I'm so annoyed with this guy, I actually think Carmelo handled his situation better... and I love D12. But man, just shut up already.

Next week it will be (Insert Team Name)

RLundi
01-30-2012, 08:33 AM
At this point, I just want the MF gone already. This week-to-week saga is taxing. Trade him to LA, trade him to NJ. It doesn't matter.

Regardless of where he goes, before he gets there he needs to shut his yap and just play.

HowBoutDemBulls
01-30-2012, 09:38 AM
LOl The madness that would follow if Dwight went to the bulls. The Heat and Knick fans would be bawling their eyes out.

effen5
01-30-2012, 09:48 AM
I would only do Noah, Gibson, our first round, and Charlottes first round.

If not I think we're giving up too much. I am not gutting this team for one player....(NYK with Melo) which already has one of the best records in the league and is a pretty much a lock in the ECF with Miami.

nate2usmc
01-30-2012, 09:57 AM
LOl The madness that would follow if Dwight went to the bulls. The Heat and Knick fans would be bawling their eyes out.

Not really man...cuz Knicks fans are already bawling their eyes out watching that team lose to teams like the Cavs! Besides, Knicks seem to do ok with Howard but it's just too bad they can't stop the other 4 players on the court lol.

Howard comin to Chi town would be ridiculous. Idk why he doesn't wanna go there or is it the endorsment potential of sharing with Rose holdin him back?

effen5
01-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Not really man...cuz Knicks fans are already bawling their eyes out watching that team lose to teams like the Cavs! Besides, Knicks seem to do ok with Howard but it's just too bad they can't stop the other 4 players on the court lol.

Howard comin to Chi town would be ridiculous. Idk why he doesn't wanna go there or is it the endorsment potential of sharing with Rose holdin him back?

I don't know how sharing an endorsement deals in Chicago with Rose would be a bad thing, if anything it could generate more revenue...

No matter what, for Adidas, Rose will always be top dog.

nate2usmc
01-30-2012, 10:14 AM
I don't know how sharing an endorsement deals in Chicago with Rose would be a bad thing, if anything it could generate more revenue...

Exactly. That's the only reason I can think of as why Howard wouldn't want to be in Chicago..but he would go with CP3 or Deron...He did mention weather but he would go to the Nets :confused:

This guy is trying way too hard to be a nice guy. Just hurry up and tell the Magic what the business is before you get hated on like Lebron and crumble under the pressure (not takin a jab at all about Lebron but Howard would not be able to deal with the hate like lebron is used to by now)

D12 fan
01-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Rose/D12=Dynasty

Badluck33
01-30-2012, 10:23 AM
I would only do Noah, Gibson, our first round, and Charlottes first round.

If not I think we're giving up too much. I am not gutting this team for one player....(NYK with Melo) which already has one of the best records in the league and is a pretty much a lock in the ECF with Miami.

and I thought good posters were an ancient breed.

Badluck33
01-30-2012, 10:25 AM

Its not about sharing endorsements.

Its about separating 2 of your biggest marketing investments and keepng them out of the same town.

Howard will get significantly less $ if goes to the bulls but will most likely win a title playing next to rose.

what weighs more??

$100 million

or

an NBA championship?

justinnum1
01-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Orlando knows the only way chicago can get dwight is for them to trade for him. orlando will gut chicago lol, do it!

asik, noah, deng, taj, charlotte first for howard and hedo

****, that would probably make orlando contenders

Badluck33
01-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Orlando knows the only way chicago can get dwight is for them to trade for him. orlando will gut chicago lol, do it!

asik, noah, deng, taj, charlotte first for howard and hedo

****, that would probably make orlando contenders

and that wont happen.

MagicHero3
01-30-2012, 10:59 AM
magic need to get rid of hedo with dwight and stack up on first rounders

rickshaw
01-30-2012, 11:12 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1769153

For all those dissing Howard regarding his God statement, read the article. You think a guy who's a religious as him will use God's name in vain. For a lot of you guys, your jokes are absurd. It ain't funny to use God's name in a joke.

Are unicorns and leprechauns off limits too then?

ElChinoLatino
01-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Are unicorns and leprechauns off limits too then?

That's for Lord Tebow to decide.

justinnum1
01-30-2012, 11:28 AM
and that wont happen.

If the bulls really want howard, they will pay dearly for him

3mikee_
01-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Is there not a thread for Dwight transactions and rumors?

I don't think Chicago has enough to give up for Dwight.. and if they give up too much they are basically gutting their team.. Although Rose and Howard is a pretty deadly combo still.

Silent
01-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Thibs would cry if they traded deng

justinnum1
01-30-2012, 11:36 AM
its a lose lose here. they either gut there team for howard. Not seven sure dwight is a good fit there, or if orlando would trade him to another team in the east. If he did go there, i would do hack a howard all game. That will be a big problem with howard going forward.

it would take at least asik, taj, and deng and that charlotte first.

But they do need to make a move at the trade deadline, they need another playmaker on that team. rose cant do it all.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-30-2012, 11:40 AM
We don't have to fully gut our team. Tossing in the rights to Mirotic, the Charlotte pick, and a few of our own 1st rounders is pretty good, then throw in Deng and Noah and its a decent long term package. Deng only has 2 years left on his contract after this year. We don't need to "gut" our team like some of you think. If we do, then we simply don't do the trade.

kozelkid
01-30-2012, 11:52 AM
We don't have to fully gut our team. Tossing in the rights to Mirotic, the Charlotte pick, and a few of our own 1st rounders is pretty good, then throw in Deng and Noah and its a decent long term package. Deng only has 2 years left on his contract after this year. We don't need to "gut" our team like some of you think. If we do, then we simply don't do the trade.

Pretty much. It's a no lose situation for Chicago. They have no incentive to gut their roster and the competition in terms of offers are low. Worst case scenario, nothing happens and we are still a contender. Best case, we get Dwight and Hedo for Deng, Noah, cha pick, Omer, and a couple of our firsts. Probably a third team is involved to turn Deng or Noah into prospects for Orlando.

Rose/Watson
Rip/Korver
Brewer/Hedo/Butler
Boozer/Taj/White Mamba
Howard/scrub center

Love it. And Taj should get minutes as our backup big. Dwight + Thibs= good luck to any offense.

D12 fan
01-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Noah,Gibson,Asik,charlotte 1rd,chicago 1rd for D12/Turk

sign Rasheed Wallace

Rose,Watson
Hamilton,Brewer
Deng,Turk
Boozer,FA
Dwight,Wallace

Pierzynski4Prez
01-30-2012, 11:56 AM
Noah,Gibson,Asik,charlotte 1rd,chicago 1rd for D12/Turk

sign Rasheed Wallace

Rose,Watson
Hamilton,Brewer
Deng,Turk
Boozer,FA
Dwight,Wallace

Something tells me the only thing standing in the way of Rasheed Wallace returning to the NBA is a drug test.

DaBUU
01-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Its not about sharing endorsements.

Its about separating 2 of your biggest marketing investments and keepng them out of the same town.

Howard will get significantly less $ if goes to the bulls but will most likely win a title playing next to rose.

what weighs more??

$100 million

or

an NBA championship?

are you privy to the Adidas-DH12 contract negotiations? How do you know what he would get coming to Chicago as opposed to going elsewhere? I didnt know his contract details were out there like that.

effen5
01-30-2012, 12:13 PM
If the bulls really want howard, they will pay dearly for him

You clearly don't know the Bulls then.

Greet
01-30-2012, 12:17 PM
are you privy to the Adidas-DH12 contract negotiations? How do you know what he would get coming to Chicago as opposed to going elsewhere? I didnt know his contract details were out there like that.

He'd get more playing in Brooklyn regardless.

Audubon
01-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Trade whomever to get him

magic0320
01-30-2012, 01:06 PM
i don't think they will trade him to east haha just hope he comes to lakers lol :P

JordansBulls
01-30-2012, 01:11 PM
This would be a dream scenario for the Bulls. I'd do it though.

Federal Reserve
01-30-2012, 02:05 PM
The Bulls have probably the 29th best offer for Howard of all the teams in the NBA.

JOSKOMANG4
01-30-2012, 02:11 PM
The trade would have to be Boozer, Noah, & picks for D-12.

C-D12
PF-Gibson
SF-Deng
SG- Rip
PG- Rose

Magic:

C- Noah
PF- Boozer
SF- Anderson
SG- J-Rich
PG- Nelson

TheRunKiller
01-30-2012, 02:16 PM
He needs to get traded soon. I'm sick of hearing this ****. He won't be traded to Chicago tho.

MagicHero3
01-30-2012, 02:17 PM
The Bulls have probably the 29th best offer for Howard of all the teams in the NBA.

do you know what the bulls' offer is?

TheRunKiller
01-30-2012, 02:17 PM

you can't be serious

kozelkid
01-30-2012, 02:33 PM
you can't be serious

He's a troll, of course he isn't.

SANCHIZE FTW!! :superman:

shep33
01-30-2012, 02:33 PM
See the Bulls deal puts Orlando in the worst spot in all truth. Say it's Noah + Deng + another player + picks for Howard + Turk. With Noah + Deng you take back 100 mill alone and those guys are locked in for a few years.

Orlando would essentially trade itself back into cap hell, not because those two have bad contracts, but because they still have J-Rich locked in for multiple years, they have to re-sign Anderson, they gave Baby a 3 year deal, Duhon is still under contract for two more after this year, Qrich has 2 more, Jameer has a year left after this one too.

They actually wouldn't even help their cap situation with that deal. It'd essentially stay the same. The Bobcats pick is top 14 protected too.

After that being said, how good does Orlando become? Maybe a 7-8th seed? That's the worst position to be in. You don't get good draft picks and your team is still over the salary cap by a fair margin.

If I'm Chicago think of this... Look at the Knicks right now. If they gut their team for Howard, they can become worse. Depth on the frontline is key for them, and they have nobody left to guard Lebron... Brewer? Okay say Ronnie is guarding him, what happens when Ronnie gets into foul trouble? Turk?

Both teams have to be very careful in this situation.

kozelkid
01-30-2012, 02:38 PM
See the Bulls deal puts Orlando in the worst spot in all truth. Say it's Noah + Deng + another player + picks for Howard + Turk. With Noah + Deng you take back 100 mill alone and those guys are locked in for a few years.

Orlando would essentially trade itself back into cap hell, not because those two have bad contracts, but because they still have J-Rich locked in for multiple years, they have to re-sign Anderson, they gave Baby a 3 year deal, Duhon is still under contract for two more after this year, Qrich has 2 more, Jameer has a year left after this one too.

They actually wouldn't even help their cap situation with that deal. It'd essentially stay the same. The Bobcats pick is top 14 protected too.

After that being said, how good does Orlando become? Maybe a 7-8th seed? That's the worst position to be in. You don't get good draft picks and your team is still over the salary cap by a fair margin.

If I'm Chicago think of this... Look at the Knicks right now. If they gut their team for Howard, they can become worse. Depth on the frontline is key for them, and they have nobody left to guard Lebron... Brewer? Okay say Ronnie is guarding him, what happens when Ronnie gets into foul trouble? Turk?

Agreed. Which is why two things need to be taken into account.

(A) Their owner is very old and might want to win now. I could be wrong, but I recall reading about this.

(B) No reason a third team can't be involved where they absorb at least one of Deng/Noah and throw prospects Orlando's way. Ex: Deng goes to Utah and Utah sends Al Jefferson and maybe a pick or Burk to Orlando.

I'd also point out that a core of Rose-Howard is very different than Melo-Amare-Chander. I hope I don't have to explain why... Not to mention, we'd still likely keep competent role players like Brewer/Korver/one of Taj and Omer/Hedo/Watson/Rip. As opposed to NY's situation where they have Melo/Amare/Chandler and then borderline NBA players as their cast.

And you can say foul trouble can be a problem for any player. What would San Antonio do in the days when Bowen got in foul trouble or Celtics with Posey or Lakers with Fox. You can't have everything, but having the best defensive big in the league by a wide margin with a defensive genius in Thibs is a start.

You take the risk knowing that you get another superstar who has more impact to the game than Deng.

ChaseHamels
01-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Unless these dickheads are free agents they should be fined every time they open their mouths or tweet about trades or other potential teams. Its annoying as ****.

Southsideheat
01-30-2012, 02:47 PM
The trade will probably go down something like this.

Bulls get: Howard, Turkoglu

Magic get: Asik, Ellis, Deng, Mirotic,

Warriors get: Noah, future 1st rounder

NickyNick
01-30-2012, 03:03 PM
what a pin head...does he really think god cares about him playing with drose?? hahaha grow up

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-30-2012, 03:16 PM

When you can get a good young Center, cap relief (Hedo & Duhons contracts) , a plethora of 1st rounders in a stacked draft, and more I think you take that as a rebuilding team.

But lets just go what you say and put the Magic in cap hell and set them back a few years.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-30-2012, 03:24 PM

People keep saying 100 million for Deng and Noah, but that is prior to this year numbers. After this season, Deng has 2 years left at roughly 27.6 million (hardly over what they owe to Hedo anyways) and Noah is left with 4/48 which is very comparable to other top big men not on rookie contracts have left after this season (nene 4/52, Horford 4/48, Randolph 3/52, M. Gasol 4/44, Bargnani 3/32, Chandler 3/42, I could go on).

shep33
01-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Agreed. Which is why two things need to be taken into account.

(A) Their owner is very old and might want to win now. I could be wrong, but I recall reading about this.

(B) No reason a third team can't be involved where they absorb at least one of Deng/Noah and throw prospects Orlando's way. Ex: Deng goes to Utah and Utah sends Al Jefferson and maybe a pick or Burk to Orlando.

I'd also point out that a core of Rose-Howard is very different than Melo-Amare-Chander. I hope I don't have to explain why... Not to mention, we'd still likely keep competent role players like Brewer/Korver/one of Taj and Omer/Hedo/Watson/Rip. As opposed to NY's situation where they have Melo/Amare/Chandler and then borderline NBA players as their cast.

And you can say foul trouble can be a problem for any player. What would San Antonio do in the days when Bowen got in foul trouble or Celtics with Posey or Lakers with Fox. You can't have everything, but having the best defensive big in the league by a wide margin with a defensive genius in Thibs is a start.

You take the risk knowing that you get another superstar who has more impact to the game than Deng.

I agree with you about getting a 3rd team involved, they absolutely have to IMO for it to work. I'd say the Bulls are not far if not on par with the Heat right now. I say why not just let it be? Why take the chance, because you don't know if it'll even work.

The Bulls are really really good, and the chemistry is there already. Their core is young too.. I dunno, I'm under the impression that you keep it as is. I could be an idiot for thinking like that, but I like their team as is, especially when they're healthy.

shep33
01-30-2012, 03:37 PM
People keep saying 100 million for Deng and Noah, but that is prior to this year numbers. After this season, Deng has 2 years left at roughly 27.6 million (hardly over what they owe to Hedo anyways) and Noah is left with 4/48 which is very comparable to other top big men not on rookie contracts have left after this season (nene 4/52, Horford 4/48, Randolph 3/52, M. Gasol 4/44, Bargnani 3/32, Chandler 3/42, I could go on).

In the end I think Orlando will opt for getting young pieces and picks. I think they'll finally get their heads on straight and just start fresh, which we all know is the right thing to do for them.

Again, Deng + Noah's deals are not bad, I never said that... for Orlando though what does that deal do for them? Even if you add Monta (3rd team) + Deng to that lineup they have no cap room to pick anybody up for a couple of years. They still have to pay Anderson too, otherwise he just walks.

So with a lineup of:
Nelson
Monta
Deng
Baby (if they don't get Anderson back)
Asik

Honestly that team won't contend out east. I wouldn't think they'd be a top 5 team in all truth over the next couple of years. So say they finish 6-8 over the next 2-3 years... they get crappy draft picks for one, and they still have a high payroll.

kozelkid
01-30-2012, 03:40 PM
I agree with you about getting a 3rd team involved, they absolutely have to IMO for it to work. I'd say the Bulls are not far if not on par with the Heat right now. I say why not just let it be? Why take the chance, because you don't know if it'll even work.

The Bulls are really really good, and the chemistry is there already. Their core is young too.. I dunno, I'm under the impression that you keep it as is. I could be an idiot for thinking like that, but I like their team as is, especially when they're healthy.

Here's how I see it.

Unlike LA or NJ, Bulls have ZERO pressure in this regard as you stated. They are contender with or without Dwight.That doesn't mean you don't seek the opportunity to add a top 5 (arguably top 3 player) if you have it.

But this luxury we have of being a contender NOW, means we have no pressure of gutting the team if we choose not to. Orlando knows this and if they are interested in our pieces (goes back to me reading that their owner wants to win now at all costs), they will strive to make a deal with us. We aren't desperate and have no reason to be fleeced. Especially considering we have a very level-headed management to the point of conservative in some cases.

In other words, no chance we get fleeced like NY did with Melo. However, assuming Orlando has no desire for Bynum (or are still bitter over the Shaq debacle and losing to LA in the finals), I think Chicago is the runner-up for the best deal unless OKC/Minn throw their hats in the ring (which I don't think happens for obvious reasons of Dwight probably not wanting to be there).

If a deal happens, it's likely around Noah/Deng/one of Taj and Asik/Cha pick and maybe another 1st round pick or two.

This leaves us with a roster of
Rose/Watson
Rip/Korver
Brewer/Hedo/Butler
Boozer/Taj
Howard

I'll take my chances with a roster that really isn't that shook up and that managed to keep a close game against Miami without Deng and with Noah instead of Howard. Sub Howard in and I like my chances.

Again, you're right, they don't NEED to gut their roster for Dwight. But if they can get him without hurting themselves too much (like the deal I proposed). It's something you have to make. These are the type of deals you go for when you're almost there. See: Gasol deal by LA, Barkley deal by Phoenix, Miami deal for Shaq, LA deals for Wilt and later Kareem, etc.

pd1dish
01-30-2012, 03:45 PM
i dont think it happens, but i still am part of the group that thinks Chicago has the best young talent + picks to make Orlando happy. however, i dont even know if id be willing to give up all of our depth and youth, which is what makes this team special right now. but if there were a possible fair trade scenario that both sides were willing to pull the trigger on, it would be very hard to pass up on Dwight.

DaBear
01-30-2012, 04:26 PM
This

MagicHero3
01-30-2012, 04:27 PM
this? unfinished business and unfinished post lol

DaBear
01-30-2012, 04:33 PM
He has the right idea...

j11430
01-30-2012, 04:40 PM
I honestly don't know why the Bulls aren't one of the teams he wants to play for. Chicago is a HUGE media outlet. You pair Derrick Rose with an elite big man (especially one who is possibly the best in the league) and they'll be unstoppable. I don't think it's gonna happen but you could trade Boozer, Noah, two firsts and possibly another player for Dwight and a couple of others (just so the Bulls have a bench) and I think it could happen.

Unfortunately this won't happen for some reason that I will never understand.

DaBear
01-30-2012, 04:44 PM
I honestly don't know why the Bulls aren't one of the teams he wants to play for. Chicago is a HUGE media outlet. You pair Derrick Rose with an elite big man (especially one who is possibly the best in the league) and they'll be unstoppable. I don't think it's gonna happen but you could trade Boozer, Noah, two firsts and possibly another player for Dwight and a couple of others (just so the Bulls have a bench) and I think it could happen.

Unfortunately this won't happen for some reason that I will never understand.

???

I'm pretty sure Howard made it clear yesterday that he would play with Rose if "God" wanted him too. I don't know what he means by that, but obviously he's not ruling out playing for the Bulls.

j11430
01-30-2012, 04:51 PM
???

I'm pretty sure Howard made it clear yesterday that he would play with Rose if "God" wanted him too. I don't know what he means by that, but obviously he's not ruling out playing for the Bulls.

That's another way of saying "I would play there if they sent me, but I wouldn't choose them." I was talking about when he put out his initial list of teams he wanted to be traded to the Bulls weren't one of them.

MagicHero3
01-30-2012, 04:53 PM
???

Dwight isnt exactly sure where he wants to go, he just wants to go to a franchise where he can; 1. be the centerpiece 2. Win a Championship
He doesnt want to play second fiddle to anyone. Unfortunately, Dwight isnt the type of player where you can win a large amount of games specifically bc of him. We've had so many games where we built our lead with him parked on the bench.

I think hes conflicted- he wants to stay in Orl bc he wants to be the face of the franchise.
He wants to go bc the Magic currently suck. Where he wants to go- "God" is just another word for "whoever offers the Magic the best trade deal for him"

DaBear
01-30-2012, 04:53 PM
???

That's another way of saying "I would play there if they sent me, but I wouldn't choose them." I was talking about when he put out his initial list of teams he wanted to be traded to the Bulls weren't one of them.

Didnt he publicly come out and say the list was something the media stirred up? I find it hard to believe he would choose any of those teams over the Bulls when they offer him the best chance to win a title now and in the future.

And this whole "he wants to be the centerpiece" doesn't make sense. He's the centerpiece in Orlando, an what has that got him? Kobe is the centerpiece in LA, etc..

king4day
01-30-2012, 05:08 PM
I just don't think Chicago has enough to make a deal for Howard. They'd have to gut their team.
Noah as a centerpiece just isn't enough.

j11430
01-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Didnt he publicly come out and say the list was something the media stirred up? I find it hard to believe he would choose any of those teams over the Bulls when they offer him the best chance to win a title now and in the future.

And this whole "he wants to be the centerpiece" doesn't make sense. He's the centerpiece in Orlando, an what has that got him? Kobe is the centerpiece in LA, etc..

I never heard anything about that being made up or stirred up. I just remember it was the Lakers, Nets, Knicks (I think), and recently the Clippers (and some others I don't remember). I also remember that Chicago wasn't one of them. For what reason I don't know.

He wants to go to a big market team where he is THE guy. Like someone said before, he doesn't have the skill set to be the centerpiece, he'd be an excellent second fiddle star like a scottie pippen or pair him up with another superstar, like shaq and kobe.

So I say again, Chicago would be perfect but I have no idea why he wouldn't see that

j11430
01-30-2012, 05:18 PM
I just don't think Chicago has enough to make a deal for Howard. They'd have to gut their team.

I see what you're saying but I don't think they would have to gut the team. I posted this before: Boozer and Noah and two first round picks for Howard and a couple other role players. Howard takes Noah's spot and Taj takes over as the starter. They might have to throw in someone else but they have so much depth that they could definitely pull it off

shep33
01-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Here's how I see it.

Unlike LA or NJ, Bulls have ZERO pressure in this regard as you stated. They are contender with or without Dwight.That doesn't mean you don't seek the opportunity to add a top 5 (arguably top 3 player) if you have it.

But this luxury we have of being a contender NOW, means we have no pressure of gutting the team if we choose not to. Orlando knows this and if they are interested in our pieces (goes back to me reading that their owner wants to win now at all costs), they will strive to make a deal with us. We aren't desperate and have no reason to be fleeced. Especially considering we have a very level-headed management to the point of conservative in some cases.

In other words, no chance we get fleeced like NY did with Melo. However, assuming Orlando has no desire for Bynum (or are still bitter over the Shaq debacle and losing to LA in the finals), I think Chicago is the runner-up for the best deal unless OKC/Minn throw their hats in the ring (which I don't think happens for obvious reasons of Dwight probably not wanting to be there).

If a deal happens, it's likely around Noah/Deng/one of Taj and Asik/Cha pick and maybe another 1st round pick or two.

This leaves us with a roster of
Rose/Watson
Rip/Korver
Brewer/Hedo/Butler
Boozer/Taj
Howard

I'll take my chances with a roster that really isn't that shook up and that managed to keep a close game against Miami without Deng and with Noah instead of Howard. Sub Howard in and I like my chances.

Again, you're right, they don't NEED to gut their roster for Dwight. But if they can get him without hurting themselves too much (like the deal I proposed). It's something you have to make. These are the type of deals you go for when you're almost there. See: Gasol deal by LA, Barkley deal by Phoenix, Miami deal for Shaq, LA deals for Wilt and later Kareem, etc.

You make some good points, and if he does end up there I hope it ends up for the best. I just wonder about what Orlando actually wants for Howard. They said proven vets once, and we learned that Otis almost traded him to the Nets for picks + Lopez. I think they don't really know what they want at this point. I have a feeling that they send him to the Nets for all those draft picks and Lopez.

This is an impossible situation to get a solid idea on, because really nobody has offered anything for him yet outside the Nets.

All we do know for sure, is that he talks way too damn much and he's annoying as hell. He makes a list, then he says he'd listen to Boston, now the Bulls. Guy is just annoying as hell now.

Whatever happens the Bulls don't really lose either way I guess. Whether they get him or not, they'll be a great team.

Raph12
01-30-2012, 05:39 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Dwight said this in the same interview regarding Adidas stance on them teaming up: http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7518789/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-ok-playing-chicago-bulls

Media reports earlier this season speculated that adidas, which both Howard and Rose represent, would not want two of their stars in the same market. Howard shot down that idea.

"It has nothing to do with adidas," Howard said, according to the Tribune. "In fact, adidas would love that because me and Derrick have the same guy."

This was news to me, so I thought I'd point it out; maybe it's just the being #2 thing then?...

JordansBulls
01-30-2012, 05:45 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Dwight said this in the same interview regarding Adidas stance on them teaming up: http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7518789/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-ok-playing-chicago-bulls

This was news to me, so I thought I'd point it out; maybe it's just the being #2 thing then?...

But going to LA or Dallas he would be playing with champions and mvp and finals mvp winners as well.

cubbies7177
01-30-2012, 05:50 PM
1. We don't need Dwight.

2. It's also impossible to reject Dwight if there's an attractive offer

3. There won't be an attractive offer. They will ask for the world for any team, but eventually will have to cave for the best offer on the table.

In my opinion, if Dwight is thinking long-term success, the Bulls make sense. We have D. Rose, thus creating a young superstar nucleus (Can you imagine Rose driving and DH12 cleaning up? Or Rose going 15/15 just feeding DH12 in the paint, etc...?). I don't get why he's not jumping on that, but I'm not Dwight, and I'm sure he's considering a lot of other things in his life aside from winning (his family, his life, his friends, etc...).

I just don't understand the other places (as far as winning is involved)

Lakers: There's no long-term here. They will be incredibly competitive while Kobe and Pau can play (assuming they don't give up Pau). But, there really is no long-term play here

Mavericks: They would have to sign DH12, which assumes that he doesn't resign with Magic or whatever team he gets traded too

Nets: They would have to build around DWill and Howard. Brooks and Morrow would probably get better (since DH12 would take tons of attention off of them), but I just don't see it. Their defense isn't in place, and I'm pretty sure he knows that if he goes there, he will have to rebuild for a year or two.

If I'm DH12. I SNAP request the Thunder even over the Bulls because he could be the "co-Man" in OKC with Durant, while he would never be the man in Chicago. Screw "Big-Market" crap, If DH12 joins with KD... I can't see veterans, solid role players, etc.. not wanting to join that crew on a discount.

Package Westbrook + Ibaka + Salary Matchers + Picks for DH12 + Hedo

It's insane. I wish I could be his agent, and just yell at him until he went OKC, CHI, or sign with DAL (IF and only IF they get DWill). But, I agree with the rest of PSD that he really needs to STOP TALKING. STOP DISTRACTING YOUR TEAM AND TRY TO BEAT THE NOH HORNETS. STOP MAKING A WISH LIST, AND FOCUS ON IMPROVING YOUR FT%, THUS IMPROVING YOUR SCORING, AND FURTHER MAKING YOU AN ASSET TO WHATEVER TEAM YOU GO TO. PLEASE, OTIS SMITH WILL NOT DEAL YOU BEFORE ALL-STAR WEEKEND, SO HOLD ALL YOUR OPINIONS TILL THEN.

Dwight, don't be a vagina.

j11430
01-30-2012, 06:06 PM
1. We don't need Dwight.

2. It's also impossible to reject Dwight if there's an attractive offer

3. There won't be an attractive offer. They will ask for the world for any team, but eventually will have to cave for the best offer on the table.

In my opinion, if Dwight is thinking long-term success, the Bulls make sense. We have D. Rose, thus creating a young superstar nucleus (Can you imagine Rose driving and DH12 cleaning up? Or Rose going 15/15 just feeding DH12 in the paint, etc...?). I don't get why he's not jumping on that, but I'm not Dwight, and I'm sure he's considering a lot of other things in his life aside from winning (his family, his life, his friends, etc...).

I just don't understand the other places (as far as winning is involved)

Lakers: There's no long-term here. They will be incredibly competitive while Kobe and Pau can play (assuming they don't give up Pau). But, there really is no long-term play here

Mavericks: They would have to sign DH12, which assumes that he doesn't resign with Magic or whatever team he gets traded too

Nets: They would have to build around DWill and Howard. Brooks and Morrow would probably get better (since DH12 would take tons of attention off of them), but I just don't see it. Their defense isn't in place, and I'm pretty sure he knows that if he goes there, he will have to rebuild for a year or two.

If I'm DH12. I SNAP request the Thunder even over the Bulls because he could be the "co-Man" in OKC with Durant, while he would never be the man in Chicago. Screw "Big-Market" crap, If DH12 joins with KD... I can't see veterans, solid role players, etc.. not wanting to join that crew on a discount.

Package Westbrook + Ibaka + Salary Matchers + Picks for DH12 + Hedo

It's insane. I wish I could be his agent, and just yell at him until he went OKC, CHI, or sign with DAL (IF and only IF they get DWill). But, I agree with the rest of PSD that he really needs to STOP TALKING. STOP DISTRACTING YOUR TEAM AND TRY TO BEAT THE NOH HORNETS. STOP MAKING A WISH LIST, AND FOCUS ON IMPROVING YOUR FT%, THUS IMPROVING YOUR SCORING, AND FURTHER MAKING YOU AN ASSET TO WHATEVER TEAM YOU GO TO. PLEASE, OTIS SMITH WILL NOT DEAL YOU BEFORE ALL-STAR WEEKEND, SO HOLD ALL YOUR OPINIONS TILL THEN.

Dwight, don't be a vagina.

:clap:

dtmagnet
01-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Dwight is christian.. they call everyone brother and sister

Um nope, I am as well and I have never heard of such a thing.

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-30-2012, 06:43 PM
The Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard ordeal is worse than Lebron James'. But of course they wont receive the fraction of the hate Lebron received.

What they did/doing is pathetic.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Dwight will end up being the man sooner or later in LA or Dallas.

In LA, an aging Kobe with 3 yrs left on his contract, may sign on for 2 more. Kobe will play at the most 5 more yrs and then retire. Dwight is 25 yrs old, meaning he would take over as THE MAN in LA at age 30. He's still has a good 6-7 yrs as being the MAN IN LA after that.

In Dallas, if D-will comes or not, it's still going to be Dwight's team sooner or later when Dirk retires in 2-3 yrs. In fact, Dirk isn't as dominating of a personality as Kobe, so Dirk might just hand him the keys to the city of Dallas as soon as Dwight gets there.

The problem with Chicago is that D. Rose has less NBA mileage than Dwight and both are young and about to enter their prime. Since Rose is already established in Chi-town, Dwight is going to spend his whole time in Rose's shadow.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-30-2012, 06:54 PM
The Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard ordeal is worse than Lebron James'. But of course they wont receive the fraction of the hate Lebron received.

A one-hour show promoting yourself trumps anything that those two have done.

And he's criticized for the way he went about it against his "home" state of Ohio. And the fact that for 7 yrs, 90% of the world was saying that he was better than Kobe and already making unwarranted and undeserved MJ comparisons (the whole throwing the powder thing and wearing #23)...and then he goes on to join Wade and Bosh. This is where people get frustrated with the whole LeBron situation to this day.

Oh, and then the whole premature parade....not 1...not 2....not 3 etc.

gotoHcarolina52
01-30-2012, 07:18 PM
"If I could play with Derrick right now and God wanted that to happen, it will happen."

Wait, God willing, Rose is getting traded to Orlando? :speechless:

DaBear
01-30-2012, 07:18 PM
I love how people make up all the excuses in the world to support their opinion, but when a media outlet releases some kind of wish list, it's pure fact. smh..

We'll see what happens with D Howard, but to say he has no chance of going to Chicago shows how ignorant you are.

akay47
01-30-2012, 07:33 PM

How so? The Denver Nuggets are well off with the pieces they got in the 'Melo deal. Dwight Howard is going to get a nice package for the Magic? No one's talking about how much Kevin O'Connor and the Utah Jazz are laughing at the New Jersey Nets right now. Utah's also laughing.

LeBron set the Cavs franchise years behind, he screwed them over. He never committed and this is why the Cavs were never able to sign players like Ariza, for example, or a Caron Butler. Weren't able to trade for a guy like Amar'e, knowing he wouldn't re-sign. He just kept going and the Cavaliers franchise were strapped, their hands were tied and couldn't do anything. Luckily for us, Kyrie Irving is one hell of a player and we're happy with him.

Just don't compare the 'Melo-D12 situation to LeBron's.

DR_1
01-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Chicago has the worst offer out of all the teams.

:facepalm: A little proof would help here, but there isn't any.

gaughan333
01-30-2012, 07:50 PM
I kinda like the bulls being quiet as far as media attention and just going about their business. I don't want someone who is an attention whore

flatbush knicks
01-30-2012, 09:12 PM
A cold day in hell

Slug3
01-30-2012, 09:32 PM
How so? The Denver Nuggets are well off with the pieces they got in the 'Melo deal. Dwight Howard is going to get a nice package for the Magic? No one's talking about how much Kevin O'Connor and the Utah Jazz are laughing at the New Jersey Nets right now. Utah's also laughing.

LeBron set the Cavs franchise years behind, he screwed them over. He never committed and this is why the Cavs were never able to sign players like Ariza, for example, or a Caron Butler. Weren't able to trade for a guy like Amar'e, knowing he wouldn't re-sign. He just kept going and the Cavaliers franchise were strapped, their hands were tied and couldn't do anything. Luckily for us, Kyrie Irving is one hell of a player and we're happy with him.

Just don't compare the 'Melo-D12 situation to LeBron's.

I think he is referring to how it all went down. Melo and D12 stating other teams they want to play for except for the teams they are/were currently on.

I mean D12 is just saying he wants to play with all these teams while he is still under contract with the Magic. That has to kill the teams chemistry.

MetroMan
01-31-2012, 01:41 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-spt-0131-bulls-bits--20120131,0,5239288.story

Rose, who has been knocked out of two games by Howard, reacted similarly to when he talks about any opposing player.

"Me and Dwight definitely have a relationship, especially because of Adidas," Rose said. "I know that our market and the city speaks for itself if someone was interested to come to the Bulls. Dwight is a great player. Who wouldn't want to play with him? You never know what's going to happen."

Jolly Fats
01-31-2012, 01:53 AM

Sure they do. They have two enticing pieces that don't even cost anything. They can use the Charlotte pick and they also have the rights to Mirotic. Also Asik and Gibson could start for a lot of teams and they're cheap.

Noah
Gibson
Deng
Mirotic
Charlotte pick are all nice pieces. Not only that but it still leaves the Bulls with a decent roster.

MetroMan
01-31-2012, 02:01 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-spt-0131-bulls-bits--20120131,0,5239288.story

Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer, CJ Watson, Bulls 1st-rd picks in 2012 and 2014, Charlotte's 1st-rounder (whenever the protection on it allows)

for

Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, Justin Harper and DeAndre Liggins, 2 future 2nd-round picks

Here's what the Bulls would look like this year after the trade:

PG- Rose, JL3
SG- Hamilton, Butler, Liggins
SF- Deng, Turkoglu
PF- Boozer, Scalabrine, Harper
C- Howard, Asik

JR Smith, Wilson Chandler and Kenyon Martin are all waiting on the Chinese season to end in February so that they can sign in the NBA. The Bulls would be able to offer any of them pretty decent back-up minutes on a team going for a championship, and K-Mart especially would be a perfect fit on this team with his defensive

Big Yac 74
01-31-2012, 04:25 AM

Hater :facepalm:

Noday
01-31-2012, 05:55 AM

Their pieces to negotiate with that have value are:

Noah-26Y/O
Deng-26
Boozer-30
Hamilton-33
Asik-25
Gibson-26
Brewer-26
Korver-30
Watson-27
Butler-22
Mirotic-20 (Lottery type talent playing in Europe)
Bobcats (future pick)
Multiple late 1st round draft picks (2012,13,14)

I say a Noah, Deng, Gibson, Brewer start-up package is good enough to rival any teams offers

effen5
01-31-2012, 06:26 AM
Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer, CJ Watson, Bulls 1st-rd picks in 2012 and 2014, Charlotte's 1st-rounder (whenever the protection on it allows)

for

Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, Justin Harper and DeAndre Liggins, 2 future 2nd-round picks

Here's what the Bulls would look like this year after the trade:

PG- Rose, JL3
SG- Hamilton, Butler, Liggins
SF- Deng, Turkoglu
PF- Boozer, Scalabrine, Harper
C- Howard, Asik

JR Smith, Wilson Chandler and Kenyon Martin are all waiting on the Chinese season to end in February so that they can sign in the NBA. The Bulls would be able to offer any of them pretty decent back-up minutes on a team going for a championship, and K-Mart especially would be a perfect fit on this team with his defensive

No

Badluck33
01-31-2012, 08:26 AM

eh,...

I'd say turning this into a national broadcast with a decision is more pathetic.

Jolly Fats
01-31-2012, 09:16 AM
eh,...

I'd say turning this into a national broadcast with a decision is more pathetic.

As much as people may not like providing a list of teams, it's actually a mechanism that allows the team to get something back. It allows the team to be pro-active in getting something back rather than simply losing a player because they were strung along like what happened with LeBron James.

Yeah, the decision was bad but there were also other things that made that situation worse than what you've seen since.

Rockice_8
01-31-2012, 09:39 AM
This isn't Dwight's fault it's the medias. All they do is pepper him with questions about leaving and they bring up Rose and CHI so all he did was give a candid answer about Rose. Dwight isn't coming out talking about anything it's all media driven.

I'm sure if every time a mic is in his face he doesn't want to talk about being traded, he's just answering the questions they're asking. Every time he's asked about a new team and he comments about them (mostly giving them props like any smart player would) all of a sudden they're on his list.

The guys given a Orlando a chance to win and they haven't so he's leaving. He told Orlando to trade him or lose him for nothing, can't fault the guy for that since Orlando is stuck like that for the next 3-4 years, why waste your prime there when you know you can't win.

Vincent33
01-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Chicago, Boston, LAL, NYK, Brooklyn Nets, Vancouver Grizzlies, Minneapolis Lakers, Rochester Royal all possibilities for Dwight. Too bad Orlando isn't one of them.

Badluck33
01-31-2012, 09:48 AM
As much as people may not like providing a list of teams, it's actually a mechanism that allows the team to get something back. It allows the team to be pro-active in getting something back rather than simply losing a player because they were strung along like what happened with LeBron James.

Yeah, the decision was bad but there were also other things that made that situation worse than what you've seen since.

I dont see the foul in this.

DH tells Magic that he wont resign. Orlando has to think like a business and trade him. No team will trade for Howard w/o extension. So instead of talking to teams and setting up potential deals only to be vetoed by DH in that he wont sign an extension there, he makes it easier for his current boss and makes a list of places he'd like to go.

If he doesn't do this then everyone hates on Howard because he isn't making this easy for Orlando and rejecting every trade proposal. Thus becoming more of a distraction and being hated even more.

Bottom line is that Howard can't make everyone happy.

MassoDio
01-31-2012, 10:57 AM
A possibility...yes.

A probability...no.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Orlando sure is going to want a lot of value in draft picks. Yes??

Most likely whoever they trade dwight to, those draft picks will end up being in the 20+ range for the next number of years. Yes??

Where the bulls have leverage is that they own the Bobcats pick, which has less and less protection every year until like 2015 when there is no protection. The bulls also own the rights to probably the best player not in the NBA who is only 20 years old.

Those 2 pieces are something that most likely the Lakers and/or other suitors won't be able to offer, which makes the Bulls serious contenders if they want to be.

Algmuskrats
01-31-2012, 01:01 PM
That would be crazy seeing Dwight go to chitown

JordansBulls
01-31-2012, 01:46 PM

The only thing that made the Lebron one bad was the whole TV saga of announcing it.

eugene
01-31-2012, 02:17 PM
The only trade that makes sense for Chicago is Noah/Boozer/picks for Dwight/Turk. I don't see them including Deng in this trade cause he is one of the cornerstones for their success... Sure Magic would be stupid to take on this trade that's why I think it's hardly happens at all.

JordansBulls
01-31-2012, 04:43 PM
The Bulls have a better offer than the 29 other teams for Howard of all the teams in the NBA.

fixed

Southsideheat
01-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Boozer is not getting traded, no one wants Boozer.

Magic get: Ellis, Deng, Asik, Mirotic, bobcat's pick from Chi

Warriors get: Noah, Bulls first rounder

Someone tell me what is wrong with this deal?

Nick O
01-31-2012, 04:59 PM
ughh dwight needs to stop talking.. sad after the refreshing show of loyalty by steve nash just a few weeks ago.. i think stars could learn a little something

ecorrea
01-31-2012, 05:16 PM

i dont think the bulls would have to give up noah, deng, asik, mitroic, and bobcats pick. seems like a lot. i know sounds a little greedy when u r talkin about gettin dwight back in a trade, but i think bulls can get away with givin up a little less. at least one of asik or mitroic should be retained in this trade scenario.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-31-2012, 06:26 PM

Why would the Warriors want Noah when they already have David Lee and a big fat contract of Biedrins that nobody in the league wants?

They have enough big guys with big fat contracts. Unless they can move Biedrins and find a sucker willing to take his contract, getting Noah makes no sense.

Southsideheat
01-31-2012, 06:28 PM
Why would the Warriors want Noah when they already have David Lee and a big fat contract of Biedrins that nobody in the league wants?

They have enough big guys with big fat contracts. Unless they can move Biedrins and find a sucker willing to take his contract, getting Noah makes no sense.

amnesty

kozelkid
01-31-2012, 06:32 PM

Well besides the long time rumored interest they have had in Noah, Biedrins has been useless for 3 years now.

Another 3 way deal I think that makes sense is Deng going to Utah where they really need a competent sf, and then swing Big Al to Orlando to clear minutes for their young bigs.

kozelkid
01-31-2012, 06:33 PM

amnesty

Nope, they stupidly wasted it on a 4 mil expiring of Charlie Bell. Incompetence at its finest.

smith&wesson
01-31-2012, 06:50 PM
i have a feeling he will end up with the bulls. it just makes too much sence for him basketball wise.

shep33
01-31-2012, 06:55 PM
The article by Larry Coon basically says its most likely going to be the Nets, because outside of NJ, Howard hasn't said he'd re-sign with any other team. Lakers seem to be moving away from a deal, because they're afraid they'd give up their two bigs for a D12 rental...

I think the Lakers are out of the mix in all truth, and i'm a Laker fan. Nets, maybe Bulls, but most likely Nets IMO if they give up all those draft picks while taking on Turk's deal.

kozelkid
01-31-2012, 06:55 PM
i have a feeling he will end up with the bulls. it just makes too much sence for him basketball wise.

Your lips to God's ears.

Rndy
01-31-2012, 07:12 PM
I really don't believe Dwight for a second. He seems like he's trying to save some face by saying he'd love to play with Rose and blah blah blah. But he's only saying that because if he said he didn't want to play with the Bulls it would seem winning isn't his number 1 concern. There isn't a team in the NBA that would be a better fit for Howard. Not going to count Miami here.

Not only would he be the number two for the Bulls. But he's also behind Rose in Adidas. Can his ego take that? I doubt it.

D1JM
01-31-2012, 07:18 PM

and because it does, he wont.

cubbies7177
01-31-2012, 07:20 PM
I really don't believe Dwight for a second. He seems like he's trying to save some face by saying he'd love to play with Rose and blah blah blah. But he's only saying that because if he said he didn't want to play with the Bulls it would seem winning isn't his number 1 concern. There isn't a team in the NBA that would be a better fit for Howard. Not going to count Miami here.

Not only would he be the number two for the Bulls. But he's also behind Rose in Adidas. Can his ego take that? I doubt it.

Could you imagine a DH12 with LBJ? It's like a jacked, more athletic, but less finesse version of Shaq and Kobe hahahahaha. that woulda been a scary team to stand on the court with. team manchild

ManRam
01-31-2012, 07:21 PM
At this point I'm so sick of Dwight that I'd almost consider taking the crap that Chicago could throw back to us (it's not bad, it just serves no purpose unless we want to be a 7-9 seed for the next 3-5 years)...

But still, I'd still take anything LA (assuming Drew is involved), NJ (if Brook gets healthy in time), Dallas even (they have squat, but wouldn't financially poop on us with bad contracts) or really anything else. Philly?! Dwight, please say you like Philly. ATL too...just throw us a bone, you douche.

The only thing I think that could offer us less than Chicago right now is Milwaukee, and that's because Bogut is hurt. But even so, they have Jennings. I really think Chicago might have one of the worst packages....

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-31-2012, 07:22 PM
At this point I'm so sick of Dwight that I'd almost consider taking the crap that Chicago could throw back to us (it's not bad, it just serves no purpose unless we want to be a 7-9 seed for the next 3-5 years)...

But still, I'd still take anything LA (assuming Drew is involved), NJ (if Brook gets healthy in time), Dallas even (they have squat, but wouldn't financially poop on us with bad contracts) or really anything else. Philly?! Dwight, please say you like Philly. ATL too...just throw us a bone, you douche.

Would you go for 2 separate Laker trades?

LA uses 8.6 of the 8.9 TPE to acquire Jameer Nelson

Lakers trade Bynum, Goudelock, Morris, Ebanks, Caracter, Barnes (expiring 1.9M contract, a guy who's played for Orlando), and 2 2012 1st rd picks for Dwight?

Rndy
01-31-2012, 07:24 PM

The only thing I think that could offer us less than Chicago right now is Milwaukee, and that's because Bogut is hurt. But even so, they have Jennings. I really think Chicago might have one of the worst packages....

If the Bulls added Mirotic and Cha pick it would seem interesting especially if Magic trys to pry Asik away.

BIG worm
01-31-2012, 07:27 PM
Nope, they stupidly wasted it on a 4 mil expiring of Charlie Bell. Incompetence at its finest.

Wow, did they really use the amnesty on a 4 mil expiring contract?

ManRam
01-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Would you go for 2 separate Laker trades?

LA uses 8.6 of the 8.9 TPE to acquire Jameer Nelson

Lakers trade Bynum, Goudelock, Morris, Ebanks, Caracter, Barnes (expiring 1.9M contract, a guy who's played for Orlando), and 2 2012 1st rd picks for Dwight?

Yes. At this point, I would. This team has given up on Dwight, as they should. He needs to go. He's just an absolute detriment. I hate using the word cancer...but I'm inclined to here.

I'd rather that TPE go towards Hedo, but I'm not sure that it's big enough. This really wouldn't save us too much financially, but it would be a start...

I don't like those young guys much, but whatever. We'd suck...and sucking = draft picks.

Take Q or Duhon from us too.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-31-2012, 07:29 PM
Yes. At this point, I would. This team has given up on Dwight, as they should. He needs to go. He's just an absolute detriment. I hate using the word cancer...but I'm inclined to here.

I'd rather that TPE go towards Hedo, but I'm not sure that it's big enough. This really wouldn't save us too much financially, but it would be a start...

I don't like those young guys much, but whatever. We'd suck...and sucking = draft picks.

Take Q or Duhon from us too.

Unfortunately, our TPE is 8.9M. Will not be able to absorb Hedo's 11.7M

Goudelock's stock is rising high. And sure, we'll take on Duhon or Q. Duhon I know is like 3.5M, but how much is Q?

ManRam
01-31-2012, 07:32 PM
If the Bulls added Mirotic and Cha pick it would seem interesting especially if Magic trys to pry Asik away.

I know Bulls fans gush (literally) over Mirotic, but the rest of the world doesn't. His upside is high enough to make him an NBA player, but not much more.

And that Charlotte pick isn't all that valuable either.

It will be protected this year, meaning we won't get it in one of the deepest drafts ever. In 2013 it's still top 12 protected, who knows if we get that? I'd still doubt it.

Maybe in 2014 when it's still top 10 protected. I mean, with all their picks I'd imagine they'd be good sometime...

Too much of a wildcard, without a ton of upside.

So no, that does little to sway me. I just don't think Noah/Deng/Boozer are good rebuilding assets. :shrug:

ManRam
01-31-2012, 07:32 PM
Unfortunately, our TPE is 8.9M. Will not be able to absorb Hedo's 11.7M

Goudelock's stock is rising high. And sure, we'll take on Duhon or Q. Duhon I know is like 3.5M, but how much is Q?

Q is slightly less. I'm sure we'd dump as much salary as we could. And Q still could help with depth. He's a tough defender, solid shooter and great rebounder.

Rndy
01-31-2012, 07:34 PM
I know Bulls fans gush (literally) over Mirotic, but the rest of the world doesn't. His upside is high enough to make him an NBA player, but not much more.

It will be protected this year, meaning we won't get it in one of the deepest drafts ever. In 2013 it's still top 12 protected, who knows if we get that? I'd still doubt it.

Maybe in 2014 when it's still top 10 protected. I mean, with all their picks I'd imagine they'd be good sometime...

So no, that does little to sway me. I just don't think Noah/Deng/Boozer are good rebuilding assets. :shrug:

Yeah I understand where you're coming from. I'd love to keep that CHA pick with Jordan as the owner I don't see them being good any time soon.

h2r09
01-31-2012, 07:38 PM
umm, chicago doesn't have the parts to get him compared to the lakers. they can get a star player from the lakers while they can't from the bulls. deng and noah isn't a great package. you get 2 more good but nothing special players.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-31-2012, 07:40 PM
Bulls fans wanna think of getting Jackson first! lmao. Bucks hold the cards if the lamo boring rumors of Howard and Jackson to Nets. As a Bucks fan Ill happily take some young assets from the nets like Morrows and Farmer. No biggie. Why would the Bucks help the Bulls? We only helped ya once by taking Salmons. Not again. We will do everything in our rights to dump expirings to the nets while also handing over Jackson. Then Nets sign Howard in the offseason. Works for me. Anyone want a beer?

kozelkid
01-31-2012, 07:41 PM

Not to be a douche manram, but have you even seen Mirotic play? Cause that's a pretty baseless comment if you haven't. Since I've watched a ton of him. Most likely he will be a very good sixth man. I expect him to have a very similar career/statline of Kukoc or Detlef Schrempf.

Besides all else, he'd have significantly less value to a small market like Orlando, since a big reason he dropped in the draft is because he'd likely pull a Fran Vazguez on most teams.

D1JM
01-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Bulls fans wanna think of getting Jackson first! lmao. Bucks hold the card it the lamo boring rumors of Howard and Jackson to Nets. As a Bucks fan Ill happily take some young assets from the nets like Morrows and Farmer. No biggie. Why would the Bucks help the Bulls? We only helped ya once by taking Salmons. Not again. We will do everything in our rights to dump expirings to the nets while also handing the Jackson. Then Nets sign Howard in the offseason. Works for me. Anyone want a beer?

I think ManRam needs more than us :laugh2:

they were playing good and all of sudden :puke:

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-31-2012, 07:43 PM
I honestly don't even know who this Mirotic guy is.

Rndy
01-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Bulls fans wanna think of getting Jackson first! lmao. Bucks hold the cards if the lamo boring rumors of Howard and Jackson to Nets. As a Bucks fan Ill happily take some young assets from the nets like Morrows and Farmer. No biggie. Why would the Bucks help the Bulls? We only helped ya once by taking Salmons. Not again. We will do everything in our rights to dump expirings to the nets while also handing over Jackson. Then Nets sign Howard in the offseason. Works for me. Anyone want a beer?

He had a list of players he'd like Magic to get. Jackson wasn't the only one. Howard going to Bucks would be amazing for the Bucks. I just don't see it happening. I also don't see him going to Chicago.

ManRam
01-31-2012, 07:46 PM
Not to be a douche manram, but have you even seen Mirotic play? Cause that's a pretty baseless comment if you haven't. Since I've watched a ton of him. Most likely he will be a very good sixth man. I expect him to have a very similar career/statline of Kukoc or Detlef Schrempf.

Besides all else, he'd have significantly less value to a small market like Orlando, since a big reason he dropped in the draft is because he'd likely pull a Fran Vazguez on most teams.

I have. I watch a good amount of Euroleague ball, especially Real. He had a sensational year. That doesn't always translate though. He might very well turn into a great player, but that doesn't mean he's an incredibly desirable asset. Also, after getting burned by Fran, I wouldn't be surprised if we valued him even less than most would otherwise...as you said.

He's just not an elite-enough athlete for me to see him suceeding that much in the NBA. Kukoc is an interesting comparison...but yeah. Even so, I'm not going to be drooling over Toni Kukoc's of the world...especially when the initial package makes my stomach churn in the first place.

ManRam
01-31-2012, 07:48 PM

Dwight's dream team (naming players he's come out and said he wanted to play with) would be something like Gil - Monta - Capt Jack - Big Baby - Dwight.

That would be a...umm....interesting team to watch. Dwight thinks his GM sucks, but the players he keeps naming have be rolling on the floor laughing.

D1JM
01-31-2012, 07:49 PM
as stated in the bulls forum, i doubt magic would want another "fran vasquez" situation, so Mirotic wouldnt be a deal breaker

northsider
01-31-2012, 07:51 PM
I have. I watch a good amount of Euroleague ball, especially Real. He had a sensational year. That doesn't always translate though. He might very well turn into a great player, but that doesn't mean he's an incredibly desirable asset. Also, after getting burned by Fran, I wouldn't be surprised if we valued him even less than most would otherwise...as you said.

He's just not an elite-enough athlete for me to see him suceeding that much in the NBA. Kukoc is an interesting comparison...but yeah. Even so, I'm not going to be drooling over Toni Kukoc's of the world...especially when the initial package makes my stomach churn in the first place.

Honestly I don't and haven't ever gushed over Mirotic but, to say only Bulls fans do is completely 100% false. I have read plenty of praise of the kid and all of it comes from outside places from a Bulls stand point.

kozelkid
01-31-2012, 07:51 PM

Honestly, I feel schrempf is more on par as far as comparisons go, but ya...

In the end, as mentioned, I can see 3 way deals where Deng or Noah are cashed in for other nice players for Orlando like Josh Smith, Monta Ellis, or Al Jefferson.

But most importantly, if given your owners' age and his desire to win now at all costs is true, then you might just have to deal with a borderline playoff team for 3+ years...

D1JM
01-31-2012, 07:52 PM
i could see a similar situation happening in orlando as what happened to denver. Melo left and they started balling. when the star player starts pointing fingers at everyone else in the team, you dont feel "comfortable" playing

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-31-2012, 07:53 PM
He had a list of players he'd like Magic to get. Jackson wasn't the only one. Howard going to Bucks would be amazing for the Bucks. I just don't see it happening. I also don't see him going to Chicago.I never said we get Howard. I always said Nets. I posted it now and months ago. No one ever listens to the guy with a beer in his hand. Bucks will send Jackson to Nets now for any little assets they have like Morrow and Farmer. Or a 3 for 3 like Jackson,Ersan,Brockman, for Morrow,Farmer,Petro. If we wait til March first we can use expiring Hobson and Shawne Williams can be involved too from the Nets. Also bucks have $6M expirings in Delfino and Ersan. Bucks can be player to con Nets to land Howard in the summer to weasel their wiggle room now. Probably could jack a pick or Marshon. If it looks like its in the bag they get Howard in the summer while also trading for Jackson now. Bucks could of made the trade bigger if Bogut didn't get hurt. But doubt we involve him now. Before Bogut injury. Bogut could of ended up in Orlando. Like the old rumors said Magic prefers Bogut over Bynum.

ManRam
01-31-2012, 07:55 PM
Honestly I don't and haven't ever gushed over Mirotic but, to say only Bulls fans do is completely 100% false. I have read plenty of praise of the kid and all of it comes from outside places from a Bulls stand point.

I've never seen a single person in my life talk extensively about the guy outside of Bulls fans...but I guess that's not surprising since he's their property. I mean, they do on the draft websites and stuff, and he gets praise, but the upside isn't worth us fighting about. He's not that great of an asset. I really just don't think he has the athleticism to be much more than a very average player.

You see Mirotic in many Bulls' fans sigs, and this isn't the first time I've seen Bulls fans mention his name as if he sweetens the pot enough to make me feel good about a trade.

I don't blame them though, every team falls in love with their guys, especially before they even play. I'm not saying that he isn't worth falling in love with, I'm just saying I haven't...

ManRam
01-31-2012, 07:57 PM

In the end, as mentioned, I can see 3 way deals where Deng or Noah are cashed in for other nice players for Orlando like Josh Smith, Monta Ellis, or Al Jefferson.

But most importantly, if given your owners' age and his desire to win now at all costs is true, then you might just have to deal with a borderline playoff team for 3+ years...

With or without the amazing acting skills?

All those names annoy me so much...but you're probably right. We have Abe Pollin Pt. 2 in control of this team...and old man who will die soon and doesn't want to rebuild. And that makes me sick.

northsider
01-31-2012, 08:01 PM
I've never seen a single person in my life talk extensively about the guy outside of Bulls fans...but I guess that's not surprising since he's their property. I mean, they do on the draft websites and stuff, and he gets praise, but the upside isn't worth us fighting about. He's not that great of an asset. I really just don't think he has the athleticism to be much more than a very average player.

You see Mirotic in many Bulls' fans sigs, and this isn't the first time I've seen Bulls fans mention his name as if he sweetens the pot enough to make me feel good about a trade.

I don't blame them though, every team falls in love with their guys, especially before they even play. I'm not saying that he isn't worth falling in love with, I'm just saying I haven't...

He's a Euro league player and prob. will be for another 3 years their really isn't much to talk about. When he won honers of Euroleague MVP people started to get a bit too excited. Honestly until Rubio was drafted I had never heard his name cause I really don't pay much attention Euroleague players.

I do get not caring if he were part of a deal but, my point was aside from the Bulls fans who really like him everything I was reading came from outside sources about his play style and comparisons.

Getting UGGLA
01-31-2012, 08:13 PM
I wish the Magic would dock him $1,000,000.00 in pay each time he pisses and moans about being there. Life isn't always peaches and cream moron. Grow up! Yes, I'm a Magic fan so it pi**es me off even more.

Punk
01-31-2012, 08:14 PM
Just shut up already.

Play the game. He says he wants to stay in Orlando first and foremost but he has a weird way of showing it.

He wants to stay IN Orlando but he doesn't want to be apart of the Magic organization.

Much like VC loved Toronto but couldn't handle the Raptors FO and management.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-31-2012, 08:26 PM
I never said we get Howard. I always said Nets. I posted it now and months ago. No one ever listens to the guy with a beer in his hand. Bucks will send Jackson to Nets now for any little assets they have like Morrow and Farmer. Or a 3 for 3 like Jackson,Ersan,Brockman, for Morrow,Farmer,Petro. If we wait til March first we can use expiring Hobson and Shawne Williams can be involved too from the Nets. Also bucks have $6M expirings in Delfino and Ersan. Bucks can be player to con Nets to land Howard in the summer to weasel their wiggle room now. Probably could jack a pick or Marshon. If it looks like its in the bag they get Howard in the summer while also trading for Jackson now. Bucks could of made the trade bigger if Bogut didn't get hurt. But doubt we involve him now. Before Bogut injury. Bogut could of ended up in Orlando. Like the old rumors said Magic prefers Bogut over Bynum.

One of the bests parts of a post I've ever seen on this site.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-31-2012, 08:32 PM
If the bogus rumor is true of Howard and Jackson want to be a team. Well seems like they already called the team out which is the Nets. Bucks do hold some cards. We have 2 expiring deals of $6M which is Delfino and Ersan. Beside $9M Jackson as the main piece. Jackson isn't a expiring. Nets are like $24M without Bucks dealing. If Ersan and Delfino included $30M long as Bucks don't take expiring's back.

DR_1
01-31-2012, 08:49 PM

I actually agree with you here, but I think the Bulls have a good chance because your owner doesn't want to rebuild :laugh2:

Cubby
01-31-2012, 11:02 PM
Might as well stop talking about rebuilding pieces, ManRam, because your owner doesn't want it. In terms of staying competitive the Bulls have the best package, although it is in your best interest to tank it. Plus the CHA pick a few years down the road will most likely end up a lotto pick.

Southsideheat
02-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Asik, Mirotic and the Bobcat pick will be great rebuilding pieces in 3 years, and Deng will be a great asset to trade down the line especially once he is an expiring contract. So i disagree that a trade with the Bulls is not good for rebuilding. Why would you rebuild now when you're in cap hell? Stay competitive now with the new arena, and in a few years once you're out of cap hell, you'll already have the pieces in place to rebuild.

It's all about acquiring as many assets for Howard.

elonepb
02-01-2012, 01:12 PM
15 pages of this? He doesn't want Chicago.

ChicagoJ
02-01-2012, 02:00 PM
The bulls are in a win/win situation. IF they don't get howard, then they have a perfectly good team to win a championship with. If they do get howard, they have a potential dynasty team that can be built around howard and rose. I'll take either scenario.

justinnum1
02-01-2012, 02:07 PM

Pretty much.

DaBUU
02-01-2012, 02:22 PM
The bulls are in a win/win situation. IF they don't get howard, then they have a perfectly good team to win a championship with. If they do get howard, they have a potential dynasty team that can be built around howard and rose. I'll take either scenario.

This is exactly how I feel.

DeShaun Brown
02-01-2012, 02:29 PM

This! I'm so sick of players trying to use the Bulls as leverage. We're still not on his list of preferred teams. Like several others said, he was just paying a compliment to Rose (in response to a question by the way) and giving a "political" answer that sounds good but in the end doesn't mean anything. Should he want to play in Chicago? Absolutely, but for some reason, he doesn't. So unless he literally says "I want to play for the Chicago Bulls", I think we should stop wasting our time talking about this.

ThePooH_1_
02-01-2012, 02:38 PM
15 Pages just becouse he said he loves Rose? - LOL

No way DH12 is going to be a Bull but we don't need him anyway..

Rockice_8
02-01-2012, 02:39 PM
This! I'm so sick of players trying to use the Bulls as leverage. We're still not on his list of preferred teams. Like several others said, he was just paying a compliment to Rose (in response to a question by the way) and giving a "political" answer that sounds good but in the end doesn't mean anything. Should he want to play in Chicago? Absolutely, but for some reason, he doesn't. So unless he literally says "I want to play for the Chicago Bulls", I think we should stop wasting our time talking about this.

Chi City23
02-01-2012, 03:14 PM
God is the only one who can perform miracles, hence why Dwight said that if God wants him in Chicago it will happen. It's going to take a miracle for him to come here. Dwight has his sights on the Nets only.

Jolly Fats
02-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Asik, Mirotic and the Bobcat pick will be great rebuilding pieces in 3 years, and Deng will be a great asset to trade down the line especially once he is an expiring contract. So i disagree that a trade with the Bulls is not good for rebuilding. Why would you rebuild now when you're in cap hell? Stay competitive now with the new arena, and in a few years once you're out of cap hell, you'll already have the pieces in place to rebuild.

It's all about acquiring as many assets for Howard.

This is pretty much it. Whoever trades with Orlando needs to match salary. Of the teams who can match salary while getting back quality players in exchange, it's probably the Lakers and then the Bulls.

But when it comes to the rebuilding pieces like draft picks and such, the Nets probably can offer the most but then the Bulls are next with Taj/Asik, the Charlotte pick, and Mirotic, the Bulls are also in the mix.

So, the Bulls are really the strongest team when you look at it from both perspectives.

Not only that, but the Bulls can give up a lot and still put a championship caliber roster on the floor.

Too bad they're not on his list...allegedly (since Howard said people shouldn't listen to the media).

JordansBulls
02-01-2012, 05:59 PM
This is pretty much it. Whoever trades with Orlando needs to match salary. Of the teams who can match salary while getting back quality players in exchange, it's probably the Lakers and then the Bulls.

But when it comes to the rebuilding pieces like draft picks and such, the Nets probably can offer the most but then the Bulls are next with Taj/Asik, the Charlotte pick, and Mirotic, the Bulls are also in the mix.

So, the Bulls are really the strongest team when you look at it from both perspectives.

Not only that, but the Bulls can give up a lot and still put a championship caliber roster on the floor.

Too bad they're not on his list...allegedly (since Howard said people shouldn't listen to the media).

MetroMan
02-01-2012, 06:55 PM
potential howard bulls trade

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story?id=7527886&_slug_=three-dwight-howard-chicago-bulls-trades-work-nba&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fstory%3fid%3d7527886%26_slug_%3dthree-dwight-howard-chicago-bulls-trades-work-nba

1. The megadeal
Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Ryan Anderson for Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, Luol Deng and Jimmy Butler, plus picks and cash

Can anyone post the remaining article. I do not have access to it

knicks=love
02-01-2012, 06:58 PM
i think the bulls would be dumb to trade for him. they're the one good team with one good superstar.. show everyone that you don't need more than one superstar and win it all. make the NBA more interesting and have it more competitive instead of 4 or 5 teams going for it every year. the bulls are built perfectly, and it'd be a shame if they just ruined a great team.

Jolly Fats
02-01-2012, 07:08 PM
i think the bulls would be dumb to trade for him. they're the one good team with one good superstar.. show everyone that you don't need more than one superstar and win it all. make the NBA more interesting and have it more competitive instead of 4 or 5 teams going for it every year. the bulls are built perfectly, and it'd be a shame if they just ruined a great team.

The Bulls should still have a stellar roster even after the trade. They wouldn't have as much depth but before long, they're going to lose that depth anyway since they can't afford to keep everyone. A lineup of

Rose
Hamilton
Brewer
Boozer
Howard

is really formiddable and very capable of winning a championship.

And it wouldnt be like what happened in Miami because Chicago would be improving by way of an exchange of value. It wouldnt be like the summer of 2010.

Also, how many of the Lakers great centers started with the Lakers? Mikan? Chamberlain, Jabbar, and O'Neal were all acquired in some way.

MetroMan
02-01-2012, 07:14 PM
The Bulls should still have a stellar roster even after the trade. They wouldn't have as much depth but before long, they're going to lose that depth anyway since they can't afford to keep everyone. A lineup of

Rose
Hamilton
Brewer
Boozer
Howard

is really formiddable and very capable of winning a championship.

If Turk must be included in the deal is it possible to amnesity him. Than try to sign eric gordon if the New Orleans is not gonna make an offer?

imagine

Rose
Gordon/ Hamilton
Brewer
Booze
D12

BowDown
02-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Mirotic will be a stud in the NBA next year, kind of a more athletic Gasol.

I say we stay with our team and we have another dynasty looming...

Rose
Hamilton/ CHA draft pick
Deng/ Butler
Boozer/ Mirotic
Noah/ Asik

DH12 wants out of Disney World so send him to Disney Land

Chill_Will_24
02-01-2012, 07:22 PM

Posturing... ORL and the ownership arent stupid.. they prolly know behind the scenes its Nets or nothing at this point. Hence why they havent traded him yet when they should have so long ago amidst so much drama. They are waiting for Lopez to come back so they can gauge how he has recovered.

I dont think ORL is THAT stupid to try and contend with mediocre players when 2012 is shaping up to be a star studded draft. If the Nets lose enough, and with HOU seemingly playoff bound those are two early first rounders and their own first rounder post Dwight that they could use to rebuild. In a draft this deep you can do a lot with 3 picks ranging 15-20.

This is shaping up very similar to the Melo situation last year.

Dwight hasnt said no to the Lakers but by not saying yes he is limiting what they will offer for him and thus forcing ORL to deal with the Nets.

Very much like what Melo did by never closing the door on the Nets but having his eyes on the Knicks the whole time. Difference is Melo was using other teams as leverage to get the money while Dwight is doing so because he doesnt wanna leave a villain and wants to make it seem like he gave ORL options.

Jolly Fats
02-01-2012, 07:23 PM
If Turk must be included in the deal is it possible to amnesity him. Than try to sign eric gordon if the New Orleans is not gonna make an offer?

imagine

Rose
Gordon/ Hamilton
Brewer
Booze
D12

It all depends. Truth be told, if the Bulls wanted to offer a modified package in a scenario where Howard wouldnt commit, the Bulls could still be able to put together a comepetitive package.

The reason I mention this is that it depends on whether Howard commits and how things fit together. If Howard doesn't commit and walks, then the Bulls might want to use the amnesty provision on Boozer.

JordansBulls
02-02-2012, 04:49 PM

Bulls wouldn't win more than 1 title with this current team they have.