PDA

View Full Version : Was it wrong for the lack of substitutions?

knicks=love
01-29-2012, 10:28 PM
With under 2 minutes left in the game, the Mavs trailed the Spurs by 4 in Dallas. No subs were entered during these 2 minutes with Duncan, Parker, and Jefferson all on the bench. None of them entered overtime, either. Even down by 3 with 17 seconds left and down 1 with 10 seconds left, the Spurs vets remained on the bench. Was it wrong for Pop to not put at least one of them in for leadership/experience or does one game not mean that much in such a short season? Was rest a big factor or did Pop have too much confidence in his bench?

Raps08-09 Champ
01-29-2012, 10:29 PM
He's probably trying to develop his bench players more so when they really need them in the playoffs, he can rely on them.

justinnum1
01-29-2012, 10:31 PM
its pop....

Lidz
01-29-2012, 10:32 PM
It wasn't wrong for Pop to keep them sitting. The bench players are the ones that brought them back. They deserved to finish what they started. They almost pulled it off. I agree with him not taking them out. His starters were the cause of them being down so big in the first place so why put them back in and take out the ones that did all of the dirty work.

Giraffes Rule
01-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Nope. I loved that game, even with the loss. Gary Neal is still trying to get back after his appendectomy to start the season, and last night looked like his coming out party. Danny Green is Danny Green, he's been playing well for a while now. Splitter is the Spurs best big right now, and James Anderson needed to get some play time. Looks like the Spurs declining his option really lit a fire under his ***.

Kashmir13579
01-30-2012, 02:48 PM
its pop....

For once, i totally agree with your logic.

John Walls Era
01-30-2012, 03:05 PM
I like this strategy. If your bench players bring you back, they deserve to play.

mRc08
01-30-2012, 03:06 PM
As a bulls fan im used to it. THibs often leaves noah and boozer on the bench in the closing moments of the game. Just leavin the best working 5 out there is guess

Ebbs
01-30-2012, 04:05 PM
His bench carried him most of the game. There bench had more energy and are vastly superior shooters. It makes sense.