PDA

View Full Version : Are the Indiana pacers for real?

pacersfan1967
01-29-2012, 09:53 PM
with a record of 13 -6 ..with wins over 2 wins over boston won at lakers won at chicago a win over alanta & won at orlando...with the 13 of the 19 games played on the road...Magic johnson says were a top 3 in the eastern conference ...

llemon
01-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Yes and no

OptiMized
01-29-2012, 10:05 PM
yes they are a real team.

They look good but lets wait until the 1/2 way point in the season to start these threads

UPRock
01-29-2012, 10:13 PM
yes they are a real team.

They look good but lets wait until the 1/2 way point in the season to start these threads

This

Raph12
01-29-2012, 11:01 PM
It's Miami and Chitown in the East, the rest are irrelevant.

Cal827
01-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Them and Philly could be a potential darkhorse to Miami/Chicago.

ChiSox219
01-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Pretenders

Federal Reserve
01-29-2012, 11:21 PM
The Pacers are the second best team in the East, following the Heat.

TO Rapz
01-29-2012, 11:27 PM
They can make the playoffs as a top seed is being for real. But come playoff time, it's inevitable that the only teams that matter right now are Chicago and Miami. The Pacers look good, but it's not quite there time yet.

bears88
01-29-2012, 11:49 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::laugh::laugh:

Federal Reserve
01-29-2012, 11:55 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::laugh::laugh:

The Pacers beat the Bulls, so I am the one who should be laughing.

bears88
01-29-2012, 11:58 PM

yea so we still got a better record, much much better Defense and we are playing with bunch of injuries. Indiana is good, but now where near the 2nd best behind the heat. So I will go back to my original post and display this again :laugh::laugh:

kjoke
01-30-2012, 12:00 AM
I think the HEAT absolutely demolished the Pacers before. They don't match up well for Miami and I think once Deng gets back, Bulls can take them too, albiet more difficult because they arent a top scoring team like the HEAT

Federal Reserve
01-30-2012, 12:02 AM
The Bulls cannot beat good teams in the playoffs. The revamped Pacers would beat them 4-2 in a 7 game series.

CubZwin38
01-30-2012, 12:10 AM
The Bulls cannot beat good teams in the playoffs. The revamped Pacers would beat them 4-2 in a 7 game series.

I hope you're not a Knicks fan who thinks they are better than the Bulls. It's obvious you just hate the Bulls so just stfu.

CubZwin38
01-30-2012, 12:13 AM

So if the Pacers beat the Heat then that means they're better than the Heat? The Cavs beat the Celtics tonight. Does that mean the Cavs are better than the Celts? I hate how people literally look at one game and make statements like the ones you are making and actually believe what they are saying is true.

Federal Reserve
01-30-2012, 12:15 AM
I hope you're not a Knicks fan who thinks they are better than the Bulls. It's obvious you just hate the Bulls so just stfu.

The Bulls had the same number of playoff wins against good teams last season as the Knicks: zero.

CubZwin38
01-30-2012, 12:17 AM
With the wins the Pacers have pulled off this year I do think they are getting closer to the Celtics and Magic but I'd still take the Celtics every day over the Pacers. If Boston is smart about this they'll rest their guys a ton this year and save it for their final playoff run together. Are the Pacers the 3rd best team in the EC right now? Maybe. But does that really matter?

Gators123
01-30-2012, 12:26 AM
They are a very good team, but not on the same level as the Heat or Bulls.

CubZwin38
01-30-2012, 12:27 AM
The Bulls had the same number of playoff wins against good teams last season as the Knicks: zero.

Melo and crew were sitting on the couch while the Bulls won two series. Da f are you smoking?

Federal Reserve
01-30-2012, 12:47 AM
Melo and crew were sitting on the couch while the Bulls won two series. Da f are you smoking?

Good job barely beating the eight seed and the Hawks. Those were both two terrible teams. When they played a real opponent, they basically got swept.

DamnGoat
01-30-2012, 01:04 AM
:laugh2:

What? The Bulls went to the Eastern Conference Finals...the Knicks were done after Round 1.

Jay
01-30-2012, 01:04 AM
They got the depth needed to succeed in a shortened season.

DamnGoat
01-30-2012, 01:06 AM
Anyway, I do think the Pacers are a solid team. They'll probably end up the 3 or 4 seed in the East, but I don't see them beating either the Bulls or Heat in the Playoffs, so they're likely a 2nd round team at best.

TO Rapz
01-30-2012, 01:26 AM
Federal Reserve has got my vote as the greatest poster ever.

2-ONE-5
01-30-2012, 01:29 AM

Get real dude. You sound like a moron.

Pacers are overrated. Prob finish 6-7 and go out first round.

lavilevi23
01-30-2012, 01:52 AM
they might make noise in the playoffs but I cant see them making it past the 2nd round.

Ebbs
01-30-2012, 02:41 AM
Thier the 3rd best team in the east. And will be eliminated by Bulls/Heat in the semi's this year.

I hope they play the Bills because they would have a legit shot.

PacersForLife
01-30-2012, 02:54 AM
Thier the 3rd best team in the east. And will be eliminated by Bulls/Heat in the semi's this year.

I hope they play the Bills because they would have a legit shot.

Yeah, we gave them fits last year without the additions of West and Hill. Our team is basically built to match-up with the Bulls. People can keep doubting them, but come playoff time I think some of the haters will be surprised. This team believes they can go into any arena and beat any team.

MJ-BULLS
01-30-2012, 02:55 AM
The Atlanta Hawks of the future. They are a good team, but wont make it that far in the playoffs.

PacersForLife
01-30-2012, 02:58 AM
The Atlanta Hawks of the future. They are a good team, but wont make it that far in the playoffs.

I believe we have more heart than the Hawks... Our coach has this team believing we can beat anybody... As much as I hate to say it, we are basically the Bulls without Derrick Rose. We match-up well at every position, just compare the rosters. Granger is a better scorer than Deng and the same can be said about Hibbert compared to Noah, Noah's D is clearly better. Darren Collison is no MVP, but isn't some scrub either. The Hawks also never had a true center. Just a few things to keep in mind.

Kyben36
01-30-2012, 03:12 AM
I think when they can score the ball they can win, but I dont beleive in their Defensive capabilities.

PacersForLife
01-30-2012, 03:19 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff/order/false
Indiana's defensive efficiency is tied for 5th best in the league. How do you figure exactly? Our defense is actually what the team has prided itself on since Vogel took over. Also check my sig...

Sadds The Gr8
01-30-2012, 03:40 AM

this

SACNYY
01-30-2012, 03:43 AM
go pacers

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-30-2012, 03:44 AM
Pacers > Bulls ;)

srsly_chris
01-30-2012, 03:49 AM
I'm a pacers fan, love the team, but It's way to soon to say if they are for real or not yet. I agree they are having a great stretch, I just hope they can keep it up. The franchise is in a good position finally with it's share of talent, and cap space. Only time will tell.

metsfan4ever
01-30-2012, 03:55 AM

might wanna re think that lol

Lidz
01-30-2012, 05:08 AM
They are a very good team, but not on the same level as the Heat or Bulls.

This.

Trueblue2
01-30-2012, 07:25 AM
Good job barely beating the eight seed and the Hawks. Those were both two terrible teams. When they played a real opponent, they basically got swept.

Sweeping the pacers is barely beating them?? Let me get some of what you're smoking.

YoungOne
01-30-2012, 07:40 AM
saw them at least 3 times this season, not heavily impressed...

ChiTownPacerFan
01-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Sweeping the pacers is barely beating them?? Let me get some of what you're smoking.

Hey, don't sell us short, we won a game! :p

ziglur
01-30-2012, 08:01 AM
Calm down guy!! I dont think anybody thinks the Pacers are better than the Bulls. It ask, are the Pacers for real? They have improved and are beating some top teams, If they come up with a backup center they could give people some trouble in the playoffs. But they are a ways off from a championship. You said you hated when people say they are better just winning one game. Well i dont think people think they are better. So stop your hateing and jealousy over one game.

Iron24th
01-30-2012, 08:17 AM
East is about Miami and Chicago actually.

LakersIn5
01-30-2012, 08:28 AM
only the heat and the bulls have a chance of winning the east. as for the west any team that makes the playoffs has a chance

pacersfan1967
01-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Anyway, I do think the Pacers are a solid team. They'll probably end up the 3 or 4 seed in the East, but I don't see them beating either the Bulls or Heat in the Playoffs, so they're likely a 2nd round team at best.That's progress..second round...

Monta is beast
01-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Paul George is 6'11, of course there for real.

HowBoutDemBulls
01-30-2012, 09:36 AM
lol hataphag
Knicks aint making the playoffs bro

nate2usmc
01-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Don't be makin fun of my Knicks they are a scrappy bunch that are givin it their all for that 8 seed :pity:

Anyway, Pacers are LEGIT. Hopefully they keep it up.

For those saying Bulls and Heat run the east...nah just the Heat. Ask Boozer's kid lol.

KaganRS
01-30-2012, 09:52 AM

Did you watch the Pacers Vs Bulls playoff match-up last year ?

Irrelevant is hardly a word to describe the potential that teams like Philly and Indy have.

BULLSFAN0810
01-30-2012, 10:53 AM
I respect the pacer more than the heat, stupid as that sounds.they are deep 13 deep.that paul dude is a future stud...forreal.if go as far to say trade granger get more picks, let dude assume the team role.collision is under rated.psyco t is perfect, I knew his game was legit when in college he got a jumper.the pacers imo are scarier than the heat and shouldn't be over looked.

IndyRealist
01-30-2012, 11:09 AM
I've watched every single Pacers game this season. No way they can beat the Bulls or Heat in 7 games. The Pacers D relies on intensity, and there's no way to be that focused and emotional all the time. They can sustain it for two, maybe three quarters and that's when a team like the Bulls or Heat will jump all over you. If Jeff Foster isn't healthy for the playoffs, we have no depth behind Roy Hibbert.

To play their style of ball, they need 10 decent players to constantly switch in and out so you always have fresh bodies applying pressure. That means relying on Lance Stephenson and Lou Amundson for long stretches, which is suicide against a good team. This team needs a decent backup center, and a good backup SG before they can even consider making it past the 2nd round. Shame we let those guys go in free agency.

Cal827
01-30-2012, 11:13 AM

He wasn't before? I swear if DnewGuy wasn't the other one you were thinking of, then you are banned from the Raptors forum :p

cardinals1226
01-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Paul George is 6'11, of course there for real.

Paul George is 6'8. And it's THEY'RE.

Corey
01-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Paul George is 6'8. And it's THEY'RE.

But he's not.

benzni
01-30-2012, 11:40 AM
playoff team

cardinals1226
01-30-2012, 12:18 PM
But he's not.

But he isn't. The media reported that, not him. Plus, George is still listed at 6'8. This forum has become a bunch of drunken retards because of a report George grew two inches, which would still make him shorter than 6'11. :eyebrow:

PacersForLife
01-30-2012, 02:50 PM
That whole Paul George thing is really stupid at this point. I believe people are listing him as 6'9". During games you here the announcers calling him 6'9".

mRc08
01-30-2012, 03:21 PM
I think that they are really good and have the potential to knock off any team to be honest. While i think the bulls and heat are the FAVORED to be in the eastern conference championship, the games need to be played. teams play different in the playoffs. The pacers have alot of size and might give some teams trouble. In terms of last year against the bulls in the playoffs, you cant use that as a measure considering how much the pacers have changed and the fact that rose had a bad ankle and boozer was fighting turf toe the entire playoffs.

So last year out of the discussion, and only looking at this year as a measure, sure they could be "for real". Personally i don't want the bulls to have to play them in early rounds (prob won't have to if they finish top three), but they pose a threat to any team they play. They arn't gonna roll over come playoff time

Shmontaine
01-30-2012, 03:31 PM

LOL wut??

so, the bulls didn't beat any good teams in the playoffs last year, yet you put the pacers as the #2 team in the east??? hmm, sound logic...

the bulls did beat the heat in game 1 last year's ecf... you'd still be wrong even if we agree that the pacers aren't a good team, but still #2 in the east...

let's have this talk in two weeks, after the pacers play MIN, DAL, ORL, UTA, ATL, MEM, DEN, and MIA.. i'm guessing they go 4-4 or 3-5, but i wouldn't be surprised to see them struggle to win any of these games...

TheIlladelph16
01-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Same boat as the 76ers.... Good, young, deep team that should put a scare (if healthy) into Miami/Chicago in the playoffs, but let's wait until half way to make these bogus threads.

PacersForLife
01-30-2012, 05:40 PM
I think that they are really good and have the potential to knock off any team to be honest. While i think the bulls and heat are the FAVORED to be in the eastern conference championship, the games need to be played. teams play different in the playoffs. The pacers have alot of size and might give some teams trouble. In terms of last year against the bulls in the playoffs, you cant use that as a measure considering how much the pacers have changed and the fact that rose had a bad ankle and boozer was fighting turf toe the entire playoffs.

So last year out of the discussion, and only looking at this year as a measure, sure they could be "for real". Personally i don't want the bulls to have to play them in early rounds (prob won't have to if they finish top three), but they pose a threat to any team they play. They arn't gonna roll over come playoff time

All good points. The past is the past, but let's not forget Collison also hurt his ankle in that series.