PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James Thinks No One Can Defend Rose

MetroMan
01-29-2012, 09:13 PM
ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer
LeBron: "Derrick Rose can go around anybody in this league, anybody in this world."
about 1 hour ago

Greatness sees greatness.

CHANGO
01-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Lebron is so humble...

kjoke
01-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Except Lebron

Boom

Longhornfan1234
01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
1. LeBron
2. Rose

Everyone else.

kjoke
01-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Over Durant also? Theres a good amount of stars in the NBA, Rose is in that class, but irs not alone with lebron

Furymaker
01-29-2012, 09:29 PM

Well said :clap:

naps
01-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Well, LeBron himself made him shoot 9.8% in the ECF 4th quarters. LeBron is just being humble.

JordansBulls
01-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Except Lebron

Boom

This is false. Here is what happened.

Watching from the 2nd half onward when the two went head to head or when Lebron was on him, here is what happened.

First thing I wanted to say is that when Lebron returned in the 4th, Rose was already 9-21 from the field which means he was 2-7 the rest of the way, but let's go play by play when the two matched up.

3rd Quarter
Rose crossed him up and took it to him. Watch the play again Miami was up 59-56 and Rose abused Lebron making it 59-58

Next time they matched up Miami was up 65-58 and Rose takes it past Lebron and hits on Bosh, making it 65-60.
Then when the score was 74-68, Rose drives by Lebron again and score making it 74-70.

4th Quarter
Lebron comes back into the game around the 7:30 minute mark and this is what happens.
Then when Miami is up 86-84 with 6:18 left, Rose gets a floater that he misses when Lebron is no where in sight.
Next time they match up score is 86-84 at the 5:10 mark, Lebron is caught in the paint and tries to recover and Rose shoots a 3 and misses.
4:13 mark with Miami up 88-84, Rose fires a 3 with Chalmers on him.
Miami up 94-88, Rose in the paint with 1:24 left and Rose misses a floater when Lebron is actually behind him.

Score is 94-90, and Rose makes a 3 point play with 49 seconds left on Chalmers.
Then with 2.4 sec left with Miami up 95-93, Rose splits the double team and has to rush a shot with Bosh and Lebron jumping.

So again, where the hell do these people get this crap that Lebron shut down Rose?

bucketss
01-29-2012, 09:33 PM
lol lebron, rose stopper

swirl54
01-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Go Bulls

kozelkid
01-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Well, LeBron himself made him shoot 9.8% in the ECF 4th quarters. LeBron is just being humble.

You do realize Lebron guarded him like 2-3 mpg at most... And it amazes me quick you guys discredit the overall team defense. Rose was doubled throughout or led into traps (one reason why I hate when we try the pick and roll against teams whose number one intent is to trap Rose).

Swashcuff
01-29-2012, 09:35 PM
This is false. Here is what happened.

Watching from the 2nd half onward when the two went head to head or when Lebron was on him, here is what happened.

First thing I wanted to say is that when Lebron returned in the 4th, Rose was already 9-21 from the field which means he was 2-7 the rest of the way, but let's go play by play when the two matched up.

3rd Quarter
Rose crossed him up and took it to him. Watch the play again Miami was up 59-56 and Rose abused Lebron making it 59-58

Next time they matched up Miami was up 65-58 and Rose takes it past Lebron and hits on Bosh, making it 65-60.
Then when the score was 74-68, Rose drives by Lebron again and score making it 74-70.

4th Quarter
Lebron comes back into the game around the 7:30 minute mark and this is what happens.
Then when Miami is up 86-84 with 6:18 left, Rose gets a floater that he misses when Lebron is no where in sight.
Next time they match up score is 86-84 at the 5:10 mark, Lebron is caught in the paint and tries to recover and Rose shoots a 3 and misses.
4:13 mark with Miami up 88-84, Rose fires a 3 with Chalmers on him.
Miami up 94-88, Rose in the paint with 1:24 left and Rose misses a floater when Lebron is actually behind him.

Score is 94-90, and Rose makes a 3 point play with 49 seconds left on Chalmers.
Then with 2.4 sec left with Miami up 95-93, Rose splits the double team and has to rush a shot with Bosh and Lebron jumping.

So again, where the hell do these people get this crap that Lebron shut down Rose?

Copy and paste much?

The guy didn't even say LeBron shutdown Rose all he said was 3 words and they weren't even along those lines. :confused:

JordansBulls
01-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Copy and paste much?

The guy didn't even say LeBron shutdown Rose all he said was 3 words and they weren't even along those lines. :confused:

WTF are you talking about? The game just happened. And he said everyone except Lebron

Swashcuff
01-29-2012, 09:46 PM
WTF are you talking about? The game just happened. And he said everyone except Lebron

No one said LeBron shut down Derrick Rose so what are you talking about? Also from your post history that post just looked like another one of your thousand copy and pasted posts.

Please show us where someone here said that LeBron shut Rose down.

LGhost
01-29-2012, 09:48 PM
No one said LeBron shut down Derrick Rose so what are you talking about? Also from your post history that post just looked like another one of your thousand copy and pasted posts.

Not sure if serious.......... read the second reply???

Fnom11
01-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Except Lebron

Boom.

SportsFanatic10
01-29-2012, 09:52 PM
i don't understand these threads. everyone should know that noone can guard elite nba offensive players one on one. they'll almost always find a way to get a good look and you just have to hope they miss or that your team rotates quick enough to help out. it takes team defense to guard any star wing player like lebron/durant/wade/cp3/rose etc. they all can get around anyone including eachother.

Swashcuff
01-29-2012, 09:55 PM

Are you kidding me. Being able to guard someone and shutting them down is two totally different things. Ben Wallace could guard Shaq despite the size difference but he could never shut him down at the end of the day he's still going to get his.

No one has in this thread that LeBron shut down Rose. All the guy said is that LeBron can defend Rose that's a HUGEEEEE difference.

D1JM
01-29-2012, 09:57 PM
i don't understand these threads. everyone should know that noone can guard elite nba offensive players one on one. they'll almost always find a way to get a good look and you just have to hope they miss or that your team rotates quick enough to help out. it takes team defense to guard any star wing player like lebron/durant/wade/cp3/rose etc. they all can get around anyone.

This. A simple screen can take a player off a play. Heat do a good job packing the paint

JordansBulls
01-29-2012, 09:58 PM

Copy and paste much, you just said this before.

Yeah you see I can say the same thing as you.
I just gave a breakdown from the 3rd and 4th quarter of today's game.

ghettosean
01-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Copy and paste much?

Dude take a look at the title of the thread and look at what the guy wrote and you will see why JordansBulls wrote what he wrote to prove otherwise and guess what he's right read it over.

kjoke
01-29-2012, 10:01 PM
If I remember correctly, I read that Rose was 1-6 when lebron guarded him today. He did a good, job. Obviously nobody can stop rose.

ghettosean
01-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Except Lebron

Boom.
He did a good job on Rose only kept him to 34 points 6 Reb and 6 assists I guess all of those points came when Lebron was on the bench.

Swashcuff
01-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Dude take a look at the title of the thread and look at what the guy wrote and you will see why JordansBulls wrote what he wrote to prove otherwise and guess what he's right read it over.

Dude fact is NO ONE said Rose got shut down in this thread especially the guy he was replying to. Simple as that. I don't need to read it over to see that.

LGhost
01-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Are you kidding me. Being able to guard someone and shutting them down is two totally different things. Ben Wallace could guard Shaq despite the size difference but he could never shut him down at the end of the day he's still going to get his.

No one has in this thread that LeBron shut down Rose. All the guy said is that LeBron can defend Rose that's a HUGEEEEE difference.

Yeah of course, Rose would cross Lebron every single time if they played one on one as Lebron would run him over or shoot over him.... In this forum, I expect "defend" to be the same as "shut down", there are nothing but trolls in here...

But Lebron isn't making any statements by switching to Derrick Rose, could be mentally but other than that, it just sounds good to Heat fans if the Heat win.

kjoke
Also, Jb, that entire statement is invalid. So, the only way you can think of Lebron defending Rose is by showing Rose's shot selection. There's a lot more to the game than that.

Swashcuff
He did a good job on Rose only kept him to 34 points 6 Reb and 6 assists.

Had it been someone else it could have been 40 points 6 rebs and 8 assists and the Bulls would have won the game.

Like it or not LeBron defends Rose well but he isn't going to shut him down, no one is he is a great player that's what great players do find a way to get theirs no matter who they are matched up against.

OptiMized
01-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Except Lebron

Boom
double boom

ghettosean
01-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Had it been someone else it could have been 40 points 6 rebs and 8 assists and the Bulls would have won the game.

Like it or not LeBron defends Rose well but he isn't going to shut him down, no one is he is a great player that's what great players do find a way to get theirs no matter who they are matched up against.
Agreed... I should have rephrased that because Lebron can defend Rose but you are right he can't shut him down. Honestly I don't think anyone can that's more to what I'm referring to. Also I'm not a bulls fan but I'm starting to become one because the shots that this guy can make just blows me away sometimes.

OptiMized
01-29-2012, 10:11 PM
OK i get it, if someone disagree's with another, they are a troll. ok

JordansBulls
01-29-2012, 10:36 PM
If I remember correctly, I read that Rose was 1-6 when lebron guarded him today. He did a good, job. Obviously nobody can stop rose.

Again that is what you read, doesn't mean it was true. This posts explains what happened when Lebron actually was on him.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?p=20765888#post20765888

kho1313
01-29-2012, 10:51 PM
If Lebron could stop Rose the Heat would put him on Rose every possession.

Raph12
01-29-2012, 10:58 PM
He may be able to get by the first line of defense, but he still struggles to put the ball in the hole at a high rate...

NYtilIdie
01-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Then again, Lebron thinks "the Knicks have the right pieces".

Cubby
01-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Rose also played almost the entire game so yeah.

THE MTL
01-29-2012, 11:19 PM
LeBron: "Derrick Rose can go around anybody in this league, anybody in this world."
about 1 hour ago

Thats funny cause Lebron James locked his @$$ up in the ECF lol

Cubby
01-29-2012, 11:24 PM

He may be able to get by the first line of defense, but he still struggles to put the ball in the hole at a high rate...

You do realize it is pretty ****ing hard to do when NOBODY is getting anything going offensively with Deng out and you have to play nearly the whole ****ing game. You clearly don't know anything about what happened in the game

MTL_123
01-29-2012, 11:26 PM
it was a great game and could have went both ways but im surprised that no one made a thread about rose crying after the loss

Cubby
01-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Thats funny cause Lebron James locked his @$$ up in the ECF lol

LOl dream on *******. He only guarded him for like two minutes and even then Rose just got trapped or double teamed. Get real.

Cubby
01-29-2012, 11:27 PM
it was a great game and could have went both ways but im surprised that no one made a thread about rose crying after the loss

Maybe because nobody cares or gives a flying ****.

Khri
01-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Must be the reason why Derrick Rose shooting percentage is 9.8 in the fourth quarter

justinnum1
01-29-2012, 11:30 PM
If Lebron could stop Rose the Heat would put him on Rose every possession.

they dont need him on every possession

Cubby
01-29-2012, 11:30 PM
In a regular season game without Deng or CJ? Yeah we were just awful.

LGhost
01-29-2012, 11:35 PM
You do realize it is pretty ****ing hard to do when NOBODY is getting anything going offensively with Deng out and you have to play nearly the whole ****ing game. You clearly don't know anything about what happened in the game

Not sure why your quoting me... :confused: Maybe your only reading posts that you want to hear and skipping others?

Cubby
01-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Not sure why your quoting me... :confused: Maybe your only reading posts that you want to hear and skipping others?

LOL my bad. Accident.

Chronz
01-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Yeah Rose is the most athletic player in the game, I kind of miss the old Bron who played in a similar fashion, only roided up.

Rose has really mastered that flick shot and is getting to the line.

Enjoy it while it last fans, you'll be surprised how quickly they can lose it.

Tmath
01-30-2012, 12:09 AM
Michael Jordan would of never said that.

Federal Reserve
01-30-2012, 12:11 AM
No one can defend Rose because he chucks up three point bricks so quickly that no one has a shot to contest them.

LGhost
01-30-2012, 12:18 AM
No one can defend Rose because he chucks up three point bricks so quickly that no one has a shot to contest them.

lol smiley face giggle

Ebbs
01-30-2012, 02:36 AM
LeBron is being nice because he does a fantastic job on Rose when he plays him,

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-30-2012, 02:37 AM
This is totally false. Sources tell me that Mike James kept shutting D. Rose down in practice, thus, why the Bulls had to eventually let him go.

JJ_JKidd
01-30-2012, 02:57 AM
about 1 hour ago

Can they first win at least one Championship first before we call them GREAT?

Lidz
01-30-2012, 04:56 AM
One on one? Nobody can guard Rose. Help defense plays a big part.

BULLSFAN0810
01-30-2012, 10:45 AM
:p
Yeah Rose is the most athletic player in the game, I kind of miss the old Bron who played in a similar fashion, only roided up.

Rose has really mastered that flick shot and is getting to the line.

Enjoy it while it last fans, you'll be surprised how quickly they can lose it.

True, do true.I almost cried when vashon lenard blocked Mjs fade away..wizard jordan.Shaq went from the second best to play ever to a buster.A.i got slow.nash is slow.Duncan fading fast.K.g blew his knees at 32, killed his run.jermaine oneal was a beast, now he is trash.vince carter jumped over a seven footer and dunked....micheal finley was a super beast, as so was jerry stackhouse...jason kidd...etc..I know now to enjoy it, its just a blink of the eye we call time

bucketss
01-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Michael Jordan would of never said that.

lebron is not michael jordan.

IndyRealist
01-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Toronto and Atlanta (twice) did a pretty good job on him this year. PG is the hardest position in the league to defend one on one. It has the quickest players and the defender is constantly moving backwards. That's why you don't defend PG's one on one.

blahblahyoutoo
01-30-2012, 10:56 AM
iman shumpert can stop rose.

P-O-Z
01-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Rose also played almost the entire game so yeah.

Your point? By the way didnt rose say it was a of point emphasis to work on his condtioning after he said he was "fatigued"? In last years ECF? Dont give me that bull. Lebron played damn near every minute of every game in the playoffs last year.

justinnum1
01-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Lebron just has rose's #

you can tell rose was thinking about lebron covering him in the 4th.

DaBUU
01-30-2012, 12:13 PM

the only thing that saves all of your posts, is the hot chick in ur sig. Other than that, they're usually useless.

DaBUU
01-30-2012, 12:15 PM
iman shumpert can stop rose.

thats silly, who can't Iman Shumpert stop.

Audubon
01-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Both Lebron and Rose, can't be stopped one on one. These are guys who can get their shot off whenever they want on whom-ever they want. What typically happens, is you put your strongest defender on them, to limit them. Then you collapse the other 4 guys around him to shut/contain the guy.

nickdymez
01-30-2012, 12:52 PM

lmfao.. Lebron said it himself and people still dont believe it.. hahahahha

LongIslandIcedZ
01-30-2012, 01:24 PM
I do think Lebron is just saying it to say the right thing to the media. Who knows if deep down he doesnt think he can cover Rose. Not a totally outlandish claim, as much as I dont like the guy, not many people have great success covering him lol.

nickdymez
01-30-2012, 03:27 PM

Not on PSD... Your only great if advanced stats say so. Thats more important than LEADING your team to a championship around here. You can be the GOAT and never have won a thing..

LakersLockdwn
01-30-2012, 03:41 PM

so your saying karl malone and john stockon werent great?

nickdymez
01-30-2012, 03:43 PM
so your saying karl malone and john stockon werent great?

Good point. But Lebron hasn't had to see anyone even remotely close to Jordan.

LakersLockdwn
01-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Good point. But Lebron hasn't had to see anyone even remotely close to Jordan.

i wont disagree with that and i dont think lebron will settle for great he wants to be where kobe is a living legend and getting comparisons to the greatest to ever play

LakersLockdwn
01-30-2012, 03:50 PM
im confused about why we're talking about this i mean lebron has every advantage over rose defensively he is 5 inches taller than Rose and who knows how much longer his wingspan is than Rose... i mean its a clear mismatch all around so if lebron stops Rose it should be expected not praised and lauded the person who should be guarding him is wade. it just goes to show that wade has no confidence in his on ball defense.

nickdymez
01-30-2012, 04:00 PM
im confused about why we're talking about this i mean lebron has every advantage over rose defensively he is 5 inches taller than Rose and who knows how much longer his wingspan is than Rose... i mean its a clear mismatch all around so if lebron stops Rose it should be expected not praised and lauded the person who should be guarding him is wade. it just goes to show that wade has no confidence in his on ball defense.

I said this during the playoffs. Im always confused about the Lebron praise that goes on around here. Lebron is a freak of nature physically and athletically. He can keep up with Rose due to his combination of size and speed. So its a good matchup for him because he has an advantage, a clear one at that. But people were saying he's the best defender in the league because of it.. smh

LakersLockdwn
01-30-2012, 04:05 PM
I said this during the playoffs. Im always confused about the Lebron praise that goes on around here. Lebron is a freak of nature physically and athletically. He can keep up with Rose due to his combination of size and speed. So its a good matchup for him because he has an advantage, a clear one at that. But people were saying he's the best defender in the league because of it.. smh

it had me confused reading all of these passionate posts about a matchup that shouldnt be discussed at all... i heard lebron can shut down chris paul too. Give me a break.

mjm07
01-30-2012, 04:28 PM
^^^^^ So what are you both trying to say? That he's not a great defender? B/c HE IS! Now, I wouldn't call him the best cuz honestly i don't know but he has to be up there. Is it his fault that he hasn't played with the likes of Jordan, Bird, Drexler etc? GTFOH with that nonesense. LBJ haters...smh

Pls explain what you two(nickdymez & lakerslockdwn) are trying to get at? I understand some LBJ fans go to the extreme but I, as a HEAT fan, expect him to lead us to the 'ship. b/c he is the BEST in the league. I for one wouldn't call him the GOAT. i don't think any sane basketball fan would either UNLESS he wins not 6, not 7, you know the rest.

LakersLockdwn
01-30-2012, 04:36 PM
^^^^^ So what are you both trying to say? That he's not a great defender? B/c HE IS! Now, I wouldn't call him the best cuz honestly i don't know but he has to be up there. Is it his fault that he hasn't played with the likes of Jordan, Bird, Drexler etc? GTFOH with that nonesense. LBJ haters...smh

Pls explain what you two(nickdymez & lakerslockdwn) are trying to get at? I understand some LBJ fans go to the extreme but I, as a HEAT fan, expect him to lead us to the 'ship. b/c he is the BEST in the league. I for one wouldn't call him the GOAT. i don't think any sane basketball fan would either UNLESS he wins not 6, not 7, you know the rest.

ah heat fans always so quick to read between the lines... never said he was a bad defender merely pointed out that being a great defender shouldnt be determined by lebron shutting down Rose if lebron can shut down durant and anthony consistently id say he was great but he cant so hes not. he is a decent on ball defender and an exceptional off-ball/team defender.

can you answer me this: why doesnt wade guard rose when they are built similarly and both speedy.

nickdymez
01-30-2012, 04:37 PM

Im just saying that its kind of absurd to say he's a great defender because he can guard point guards. I think he's a really good defender because of his athleticism. I dont think he plays "Great" defense against someone more his size. Like i said, a Good defender. I think Iggy, Young Artest, Shane, Bowen, etc are examples of great defenders that are along his size and were known for shutting down really good perimeter players.

mjm07
01-30-2012, 04:46 PM
ah heat fans always so quick to read between the lines... never said he was a bad defender merely pointed out that being a great defender shouldnt be determined by lebron shutting down Rose if lebron can shut down durant and anthony consistently id say he was great but he cant so hes not. he is a decent on ball defender and an exceptional off-ball/team defender.

can you answer me this: why doesnt wade guard rose when they are built similarly and both speedy.

1. I never said YOU said he was a bad defender.
2. I never said him being able to guard point guards make him a great defender.

IMO he is an all around great defender. B/c he can guard most 1-5. I"M NOT SAYING HE SHUTS THEM DOWN!! But you nor ANYONE can argue against the fact that he can b/c of his freakish physical traits.

3. NO ONE in this league can CONSISTENTLY stop a superstar like the one you mentioned in Durant. Same goes for LBJ, Rose, Kobe etc etc etc. They are just too good and will win more battles than they lose.

You say he's decent i say he's exceptional.

WTF does Wade have to do with this convo? But i know who has the answer(even though i don't really know for sure) Erik Spoelstra. So you go ask him.

mjm07
01-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Im just saying that its kind of absurd to say he's a great defender because he can guard point guards. I think he's a really good defender because of his athleticism. I dont think he plays "Great" defense against someone more his size. Like i said, a Good defender. I think Iggy, Young Artest, Shane, Bowen, etc are examples of great defenders that are along his size and were known for shutting down really good perimeter players.

Agreed!! Fair enough.

I, although, feel he's just as good as the players you mentioned. But not saying you;re wrong either.

NYKnicks4511
01-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Iman Shumpert

/thread

LakersLockdwn
01-30-2012, 04:58 PM
1. I never said YOU said he was a bad defender.
2. I never said him being able to guard point guards make him a great defender.

IMO he is an all around great defender. B/c he can guard most 1-5. I"M NOT SAYING HE SHUTS THEM DOWN!! But you nor ANYONE can argue against the fact that he can b/c of his freakish physical traits.

3. NO ONE in this league can CONSISTENTLY stop a superstar like the one you mentioned in Durant. Same goes for LBJ, Rose, Kobe etc etc etc. They are just too good and will win more battles than they lose.

You say he's decent i say he's exceptional.

WTF does Wade have to do with this convo? But i know who has the answer(even though i don't really know for sure) Erik Spoelstra. So you go ask him.

1. you asked the question in your first post if i was insinuating that he wasnt a great defender. For the record he isnt.

2. your right you did not but if read the title of this thread you will see why i brought that up.

pretty sure multiple people in the post eluded to that and please tell me what makes him exceptional if he cant consistently stop superstars? does stopping average nba players make him exceptional? pretty sure to be the best at something you have to be able to defeat the best and do it with consistency.

where wade comes in is im pretty sure most heat fans still see the heat as wade's team so why isnt he stepping up and guarding those big time players.

DaBear
01-30-2012, 05:00 PM
If LeBron is so good at stopping Rose, he sure as hell couldn't stop him last night.

northsider
01-30-2012, 05:03 PM
1. you asked the question in your first post if i was insinuating that he wasnt a great defender. For the record he isnt.

2. your right you did not but if read the title of this thread you will see why i brought that up.

pretty sure multiple people in the post eluded to that and please tell me what makes him exceptional if he cant consistently stop superstars? does stopping average nba players make him exceptional? pretty sure to be the best at something you have to be able to defeat the best and do it with consistency.

where wade comes in is im pretty sure most heat fans still see the heat as wade's team so why isnt he stepping up and guarding those big time players.

And until he leaves or retires it is his rightfully so. Same would go if any player went to the Lakers it is still Kobes team. Wade is no longer the best player on his own team but, what he has done for and with the franchise is what makes it his crown and throne until he wants to pass it on.

mjm07
01-30-2012, 05:05 PM

So now DROSE is avg? :facepalm:

I'm gonna let Bulls fan deal with you.

LakersLockdwn
01-30-2012, 05:08 PM
So now DROSE is avg? :facepalm:

I'm gonna let Bulls fan deal with you.

Are you trolling me right now? as if you didnt read my posts about the glaring disadvantage rose has when being guarded by lebron you are taking this conversation around in circles.

Also if you ask a bulls fan 34 points by rose last night cant be considered getting stopped.

Raph12
01-30-2012, 05:09 PM
If LeBron is so good at stopping Rose, he sure as hell couldn't stop him last night.

11 for 28 for 34pts, you're right, Rose won that battle :rolleyes:

In comparison, Lebron scored 35 on 12-23 shooting, now that's efficient production.

Sota4Ever
01-30-2012, 05:12 PM
What does Lebron know.. I trust posters on PSD more then that guy..

Sota4Ever
01-30-2012, 05:13 PM
How many of Lebron's points were easy fast break dunks?

LakersLockdwn
01-30-2012, 05:13 PM

In comparison, Lebron scored 35 on 12-23 shooting, now that's efficient production.

im sorry i didnt know the bulls had a 7-1 player that could run the floor like lebron hounding him all game.

mjm07
01-30-2012, 05:15 PM

Couldn't have said it better.

Raph12
01-30-2012, 05:16 PM
im sorry i didnt know the bulls had a 7-1 player that could run the floor like lebron hounding him all game.

He said Lebron couldn't stop him, I said he could... Why are you taking things out of context? Grow up.

LakersLockdwn
01-30-2012, 05:19 PM
He said Lebron couldn't stop him, I said he could... Why are you taking things out of context? Grow up.

how did lebron stop him and rose scored 34 points? im really confused and please explain how i was "taking things out of context" of course lebron can slow down rose he has a 5 inch advantage on rose i mean come on stop praising him for doing something that isnt hard for him.

Federal Reserve
01-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Lebron shut down Rose whenever they were matched up. Lebron doesn't cover Rose the entire game to save some energy.

Swashcuff
01-30-2012, 05:21 PM
No one is stopping Derrick Rose. He's a great player you don't stop great players. You can limit them and LeBron James does a better job at that than any other in the league right now. At the end of the day Rose is still going to get his LeBron however will make the job harder for him to do so than any other player out there.

Also to that poster who has tunnel vision and sees LeBron size as being an advantage because he's so athletic but ignores the fact that its also a disadvantage because of the mere fact that Rose is quicker and stays lower to the ground when dribbling I think you should learn a bit about perimeter D before posting again.

There is a reason why Andre Iguodala isn't asked to guard Rose primarily when we play the Bulls despite the fact that he himself is a better defender as LeBron and probably just a tier below him in terms of athletic ability. While being bigger does come with its advantages it also comes with great disadvantages no matter how athletic the defender may be.

Raph12
01-30-2012, 05:22 PM
how did lebron stop him and rose scored 34 points? im really confused and please explain how i was "taking things out of context" of course lebron can slow down rose he has a 5 inch advantage on rose i mean come on stop praising him for doing something that isnt hard for him.

If you have to shoot 39% to score 34pts, you got "stopped" plain and simple... If you disagree, go watch more of your favorite player, Antoine Walker, and stop bugging me.

He said Lebron couldn't guard him, I posted stats to prove him wrong, why are you here again?

mjm07
01-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Are you trolling me right now? as if you didnt read my posts about the glaring disadvantage rose has when being guarded by lebron you are taking this conversation around in circles.

Also if you ask a bulls fan 34 points by rose last night cant be considered getting stopped.

Homie, did you read any of my posts? Lebron is great b/c he can guard/stay with PG's, SG's, SF's, PF's and some C's. THAT is what makes him great!! But If you think other wise...you are allowed to wrong from time to time ;)

But i say again, IMO, NO ONE can consistently guard a superstar like a Kevin Durant, LBJ, Rose, KOBE, D12. NO ONE can.

Swashcuff
01-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Homie, did you read any of mine posts? Lebron is great b/c he can guard/stay with PG's, SG's, SF's, PF's and some C's. THAT is what makes him great!! But If you think other wise...you are allowed to wrong from time to time ;)

But i say again, IMO, NO ONE can consistently guard a superstar like a Kevin Durant, LBJ, Rose, KOBE, D12. NO ONE can.

Fact.

LakersLockdwn
01-30-2012, 05:33 PM
If you have to shoot 39% to score 34pts, you got "stopped" plain and simple... If you disagree, go watch more of your favorite player, Antoine Walker, and stop bugging me.

He said Lebron couldn't guard him, I posted stats to prove him wrong, why are you here again?

i think you need to brush up on what stopped means in basketball terms... because to me it means to come away with nothing at all and 34 is more than anyones season average this year u should get a dictionary out and find a new word for what you are trying to get across...

LakersLockdwn
01-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Homie, did you read any of my posts? Lebron is great b/c he can guard/stay with PG's, SG's, SF's, PF's and some C's. THAT is what makes him great!! But If you think other wise...you are allowed to wrong from time to time ;)

to be able to guard a SF,PF,C doesnt make him great at it... and i agree with you no one can stop those top players in the league which is why there are no great defenders in the league right now

Raph12
01-30-2012, 05:37 PM
i think you need to brush up on what stopped means in basketball terms... because to me it means to come away with nothing at all and 34 is more than anyones season average this year u should get a dictionary out and find a new word for what you are trying to get across...

You probably thought Antoine Walker was pretty good didn't you... The dude sucked and last night, so did Rose, courtesy of Wade and Lebron. Points don't mean **** when you're forcing them, efficiency is just as important than the production.

I'm done talking to you, it's like talking to a brick wall.

LakersLockdwn
01-30-2012, 05:38 PM
No one is stopping Derrick Rose. He's a great player you don't stop great players. You can limit them and LeBron James does a better job at that than any other in the league right now. At the end of the day Rose is still going to get his LeBron however will make the job harder for him to do so than any other player out there.

Also to that poster who has tunnel vision and sees LeBron size as being an advantage because he's so athletic but ignores the fact that its also a disadvantage because of the mere fact that Rose is quicker and stays lower to the ground when dribbling I think you should learn a bit about perimeter D before posting again.

There is a reason why Andre Iguodala isn't asked to guard Rose primarily when we play the Bulls despite the fact that he himself is a better defender as LeBron and probably just a tier below him in terms of athletic ability. While being bigger does come with its advantages it also comes with great disadvantages no matter how athletic the defender may be.

so you think 5 inches doesnt make up for the very small disadvantage that bron has against rose's quickness get real

northsider
01-30-2012, 05:39 PM

You know what though even if his speed isn't on par he makes up with it in body length ability as well as his hops. He may not be able to keep up a foot race or make the better first move but, his size and unreal abilities completely make up for it. Like say Rose beats him around the edge to the rack Lebron is such a freak he can easily make up for it in lenght and hops to still block the shot.

I agree with your entire post though and it is refreshing to have some guys install logic every once in a while.

LakersLockdwn
01-30-2012, 05:41 PM
You probably thought Antoine Walker was pretty good didn't you... The dude sucked and last night, so did Rose, courtesy of Wade and Lebron. Points don't mean **** when you're forcing them, efficiency is just as important than the production.

I'm done talking to you, it's like talking to a brick wall.

wow way to be a grown up... way to prove you argument hah the truth is if the bulls had won last night you wouldn't be here saying rose had a bad night because that is the type of fan you are.

rose had his team in the game whether you want to admit it or not and at no point did lebron STOP him he might slow him down but to stop him rose should have had 10 points like i said if you cant use the correct terminology in your argument dont try to lecture others.

s/n why do you keep comparing one game from rose to the career of antoine walker... pretty weak argument in my opinion try again.

northsider
01-30-2012, 06:13 PM
wow way to be a grown up... way to prove you argument hah the truth is if the bulls had won last night you wouldn't be here saying rose had a bad night because that is the type of fan you are.

rose had his team in the game whether you want to admit it or not and at no point did lebron STOP him he might slow him down but to stop him rose should have had 10 points like i said if you cant use the correct terminology in your argument dont try to lecture others.

s/n why do you keep comparing one game from rose to the career of antoine walker... pretty weak argument in my opinion try again.

Just ignore him in the world of haters, homers, and just fans in general all of his posts I have noticed indicate he is not a fan of Rose and takes every opportunity to bash. Every time I see him posting about Rose it is shooting him down. Note: their is nothing wrong with that but, don't expect to get an honest answer lacking any bias from him.

Sadly you can't get that from many posters at all on here including the so called "intelligent" ones.

I honestly hate Lebron to no avail but, am not dumb enough with hate to not allow myself to enjoy his game and acknowledge he is unbelievably good and playing some of the best basketball we have ever witnessed. Some people just have a hard time grasping that concept.

gotoHcarolina52
01-30-2012, 06:32 PM

This. During most of the game yesterday Rose shot ~45% (10/22) from the field. When LeBron guarded him in the fourth, his shooting percentage plummeted to ~16% (or 1/6).

Now, had LeBron defended Rose the entire game he would've been absolutely spent by the fourth quarter. No way LeBron can guard Rose the entire game. But still, LeBron can make (and has made) Rose an extremely inefficient shooter for short periods at a time.

Swashcuff
01-30-2012, 06:48 PM
so you think 5 inches doesnt make up for the very small disadvantage that bron has against rose's quickness get real

Very small? Derrick Rose is the quickest player in the game with the ball in his hands and possesses one of the best crossovers the game has ever seen with magnificent explosiveness. No matter how quick LeBron is there is no way in hell he being the bigger player is going to accommodate for all those factors when guarding a player of Rose's capabilities unless he is a extremely good defensive player.

Its absolutely foolish the kind of hate LeBron gets for every thing he does and you guys show your lack of understand when it comes to basketball. Had LeBron been like Ron Artest or Bruce Bower (aka dirty players) you'd be crying how he isn't good defensively because he's dirty just like you're crying that he isn't good defensively because of his athletic ability.

Word of advice if you can't recognize greatness for what it is then don't post. In the NBA today LeBron as good a perimeter defender as their is and possibly the most versatile in that regard. If you want to hate on him feel free to do so but his play backs this claim.

Again you lack the basic ability to comprehend. My point was while size in some cases in an advantage its also a HUGE disadvantage. I'll reiterate if it wasn't then you'd see Iguodala, Thabo, Batum, Afflalo, Grant Hill etc guarding Rose as opposed to their teams respective PGs. Plain and simple.

MADHOUSE34
01-30-2012, 06:59 PM
People forget that Rose is entering his 4th season in the league. LeBron is in what his 9th? Most players experience failure and have ups and downs before they reach their peak...ask MJ.

D1JM
01-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Very small? Derrick Rose is the quickest player in the game with the ball in his hands and possesses one of the best crossovers the game has ever seen with magnificent explosiveness. No matter how quick LeBron is there is no way in hell he being the bigger player is going to accommodate for all those factors when guarding a player of Rose's capabilities unless he is a extremely good defensive player.

Its absolutely foolish the kind of hate LeBron gets for every thing he does and you guys show your lack of understand when it comes to basketball. Had LeBron been like Ron Artest or Bruce Bower (aka dirty players) you'd be crying how he isn't good defensively because he's dirty just like you're crying that he isn't good defensively because of his athletic ability.

Word of advice if you can't recognize greatness for what it is then don't post. In the NBA today LeBron as good a perimeter defender as their is and possibly the most versatile in that regard. If you want to hate on him feel free to do so but his play backs this claim.

Again you lack the basic ability to comprehend. My point was while size in some cases in an advantage its also a HUGE disadvantage. I'll reiterate if it wasn't then you'd see Iguodala, Thabo, Batum, Afflalo, Grant Hill etc guarding Rose as opposed to their teams respective PGs. Plain and simple.

ive seen those guard rose. :shrug:

SteveNash
01-30-2012, 07:12 PM
LeBron just being humble again, plenty of people can and have stopped Rose.

People forget that Rose is entering his 4th season in the league. LeBron is in what his 9th? Most players experience failure and have ups and downs before they reach their peak...ask MJ.

Magic won a championship and finals MVP his rookie year.

DaBear
01-30-2012, 07:15 PM

Except LeBron has the luxury of having 2 other offensive options in Wade and Bosh.

Who else does Rose have with Deng out? Rip Hamilton was playing on one leg for pretty much the entire game. And I never said Rose won the battle between him and LeBron doofus. Rose didn't even guard LeBron so how much LeBron scored has no effect on Rose's performance. There were many instances where Rose drove straight past LeBron to the hoop (Yes, when LeBron was guarding him) in the 4th QTR. You could attribute Rose's low efficiency due to being the only guy producing for the Bulls in that game, which was the case. Rip had a bad shooting night, and we can forget about everyone else.

But keep looking at the one sided box score to prove your point. It shows how intelligent you are. :facepalm:

DaBear
01-30-2012, 07:16 PM

Like who? CP3? Oh wait, Rose **** on him every time they met...

Oh, and I sure as hell know Steve Nash didn't because he can't shut down anybody...

valade16
01-30-2012, 07:17 PM

To refute his assertion that most go through struggles early you bring up 1 player? :eyebrow:

Swashcuff
01-30-2012, 07:20 PM
ive seen those guard rose. :shrug:

And for how long? Is Rose their primary assignment or during certain plays? I'm no Bulls expert but I know that when they play against those teams Rose isn't those players assignment on D.

SteveNash
01-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Like who? CP3? Oh wait, Rose **** on him every time they met...

Oh, and I sure as hell know Steve Nash didn't because he can't shut down anybody...

Everyone he went up against in the playoffs last year, or maybe that's just due to Rose's constant choking.

To refute his assertion that most go through struggles early you bring up 1 player? :eyebrow:

You said ask MJ.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-30-2012, 07:25 PM

Agree, and if we really want to do look at things from a certain perspective...

An 8th yr player LeBron James in his prime played stifling defense on 3rd yr player Derrick Rose in the 2011 ECF, basically shutting him down.

BUT...

And old and about to retire Bruce Bowen made things tough for a 4th yr Cavs player in LeBron James in a 4-0 07 Finals Sweep.

DaBUU
01-30-2012, 07:26 PM

name and place?

theheatles
01-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Except LeBron has the luxury of having 2 other offensive options in Wade and Bosh.

Who else does Rose have with Deng out? Rip Hamilton was playing on one leg for pretty much the entire game. And I never said Rose won the battle between him and LeBron doofus. Rose didn't even guard LeBron so how much LeBron scored has no effect on Rose's performance. There were many instances where Rose drove straight past LeBron to the hoop (Yes, when LeBron was guarding him) in the 4th QTR. You could attribute Rose's low efficiency due to being the only guy producing for the Bulls in that game, which was the case. Rip had a bad shooting night, and we can forget about everyone else.

But keep looking at the one sided box score to prove your point. It shows how intelligent you are. :facepalm:

but but but LeBron STILL outscored rose while having those 2 other options taking the ball out of his hands and LeBron did it on more efficient clip

Rose can't guard LeBron, he just isn't anywhere near strong enough, he wishes he could guard LeBron but for now, only in his dreams

Rose was 1 for 6 in the 4th with LeBron on him

Wade was 4 for 16 like hamilton too

your only glimmer of hope is deng, and the sudanese brit won't even be enough

Rndy
01-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Best tandem I've seen guard rose is Golden State with Ellis and Curry. those Two guys who are both very fast cause Rose a lot of turn overs. Lebron does a good job to but if he had to guard him the whole game it just wouldn't work.

I don't understand the Heat fans on these forums. You have a great team but you guys act worse then the only fan base here who I'd understand **** talking, Lakers fans.

quade36
01-30-2012, 08:17 PM
pointless thread.

pd1dish
01-30-2012, 08:31 PM

id rather someone take the time to look for facts and sources that are credible that can back up a claim than to have someone post a bunch of BS that has no evidence of being true or relevant. most people on this forum post something before doing their research and that is why there are so many outrageous claims on these boards.

BcEuAbRsS
01-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Who can't Lebron guard? Dude has 5 inches and close to 50 pounds on Rose and is just as fast and quick... Lebron SHOULD be abled to guard Rose...

Lebron is a once in a lifetime talent... he is a physical beast... even thought I can't stand watching his *** show everyone up (dude starred down John Lucas), he is the best player in the league for awhile now... but the fact that he hasn't won a ring makes him llok like even more of a joke when he acts a douche...

D1JM
01-30-2012, 09:02 PM
And for how long? Is Rose their primary assignment or during certain plays? I'm no Bulls expert but I know that when they play against those teams Rose isn't those players assignment on D.

grant hill actually guarded rose for almost the entire game i believe. batum did too. AA and thabo were more like switch ups.

ragee
01-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Huh? Didn't Lebron shut Rose down ine the ECF?