PDA

View Full Version : Source: Sixers inquired about Amare

aussie
01-29-2012, 08:44 AM
http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/sixers-talk/post/Source-Sixers-inquire-about-Stoudemire?blockID=640460&feedID=694

According to a league source, the Sixers have inquired about Stoudemire, though it was categorized as “due diligence.” Nothing is said to be imminent or even in the early stages other than just talk, the source said. Nevertheless, in past seasons the Sixers were reportedly discussing trade scenarios with the Phoenix Suns in order to acquire Stoudemire. Whether or not the Sixers can afford Stoudemire, of course, is an issue too.

king4day
01-29-2012, 08:50 AM
I think ny will give this one more go during free agency before dealing he or melo

spreadeagle
01-29-2012, 08:51 AM
Iggy and Brand.....

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-29-2012, 09:00 AM
I don't see an offer that makes sense ...

Iggy? No, he's a forward and who would our starting pf be?
Jrue? They won't trade their rising star pg

Iggy and Brand? Won't work contract wise

bholly
01-29-2012, 09:01 AM
So glad this is just 'due diligence' and nothing more, so I can just be glad it isn't real.

If it becomes a real thing my official position will be 'please god no'.

Mishmin
01-29-2012, 09:11 AM
I don't see this one happening

Cavs_Fan24
01-29-2012, 09:13 AM
I cant see anything getting done unless a 3rd team gets involved.

Amare wont come cheap tho, and philly is playing some solid ball right now. Amare's a great player, but I just dont understand why they would want to disrupt the groove that this team has been in..?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-29-2012, 09:21 AM
doesnt make any sense

tcav701
01-29-2012, 09:30 AM
What about Lou Williams, Young and Evan Turner?

Iggy obviously makes sense but the contract would prevent NY from making a MAX deal in the offseason.

Philly can amnesty Brand and NY will acquire the cap space to go after Deron. Plus they can continue to tank and get a nice long term replacement for Amare in this stud draft.

Deron, Turner, Melo, Rookie and Chandler is a pretty competitive lineup.

tcav701
01-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Never mind, Knicks dont even own their pick.

Ahhhh the Knicks are the Knicks again hahahaha.

waveycrockett
01-29-2012, 09:46 AM
IF TRUE it would mean Dolan values D'Antoni over Amar'e. It's the system not the players. Jrue Holliday/Iggy/Young for Amar'e/Fields might be a decent deal for both teams. Knicks would be ******** to have any interest at all in Brand or Turner.

nycericanguy
01-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Theres no match, PHI doesn't have anything the Knicks really need outside of Jrue. And as a Knick fan I wouldn't trade Amare for Jrue and I don't think PHI would either as that leaves them without a starting PG. Shumpert has the potential to be a similar player.

Last thing I want to see is Amare putting up 23 & 9 for PHI and putting them over the top in our division.

waveycrockett
01-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Theres no match, PHI doesn't have anything the Knicks really need outside of Jrue. And as a Knick fan I wouldn't trade Amare for Jrue and I don't think PHI would either as that leaves them without a starting PG. Shumpert has the potential to be a similar player.

Last thing I want to see is Amare putting up 23 & 9 for PHI and putting them over the top in our division.

Jrue is actually a great piece and Knicks have absolutely no one to play PG, don't have the money to get a good one in FA and probably wont be bad enough to draft a good one. I wouldn't trade Amar'e either but getting Jrue could be tempting if they could get Thad Young at the 4.

abe_froman
01-29-2012, 10:15 AM
doesnt make sense.amare really isnt a player collins would like much

Mishmin
01-29-2012, 10:16 AM
It's just that the knicks gave up that great group of players that currently reside in Denver, all to get Melo and Amare together. To break them up so quickly would be an incredible overreaction to their current issues. Knicks will change coaches before they deal away Amare.

And on the flip side of the coin, Philly is playing great basketball. No need to disrupt that.

Doesn't make sense for either team.

nycericanguy
01-29-2012, 10:19 AM
Jrue is actually a great piece and Knicks have absolutely no one to play PG, don't have the money to get a good one in FA and probably wont be bad enough to draft a good one. I wouldn't trade Amar'e either but getting Jrue could be tempting if they could get Thad Young at the 4.

Young & Jrue would be interesting, but Jrue is more of a scoring PG first. He's not a great facilitator.

If I'm NY I hold onto Amare and hope to package him with Chandler for Howard.

But if not its something worth revisiting if PHI is willing to trade Jrue & Young.

Chandler
Young
Melo
Fields
Jrue

not too bad

Swashcuff
01-29-2012, 10:26 AM
As far as us 76ers fans understand our organization is looking to the future. I honestly don't think disrupting our young core and trading for Amar'e is going to help with that.

Knowledge
01-29-2012, 10:29 AM
A 29 year, max contract, PF with knees that are only going to become even more of a question as he gets older? I'll pass. All the 76ers have to do is look at EB to see how risky of a move this is, plus we would be trading young talent to a team in out division.

We are a young team that is getting better, no reason to trade for a player like Amare. It made sense for the Knicks since they had a plan to "win now" by trying to acquire stars. It obviously hasnt worked out the way they wanted and some of their issues were foreseeable, but this was their plan from the start so it only made sense that they carry it our and see what happens.

nycericanguy
01-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Amares knee and injury issues are way overblown. I think some people just say its because its the trend. Just like people said Gallo was a one trick pony, soft and just role player, even though he clearly was not.

Seriously when was the last time Amare was injured or hurt significantly? He has been healthy as a horse and hasn't missed any significant time in many years. He has 3 years left on his contract, he's not some sort of huge risk.

Grant Hill went through injuries and ended up playing a very long career. Amare still has explosiveness, you're talking about a guy that put up 25, 9 & 2 last year and was an MVP candidate in the first half.

He's struggling this year and I know he's only at 18 & 8, but the ENTIRE knick team has struggled outside of Tyson.

I don't think a deal with PHI makes senses for either team, but lets not act like Amare is on his last legs and breaking down, because thats far from the truth.

Chill_Will_24
01-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Turner can run point cant he? Brand and Turner for Amare.

Truthfully i wish the Nets and Knicks didnt have this rivalry cuz we are dying to move Farmar who has proved to be a solid starting pg and could be a short term fix for the Knicks especially since the smart money is on Davis not doing much at his age and prolly getting injured again.

They could have Farmar for scraps or at least ask TOR about Calderon

justinnum1
01-29-2012, 11:20 AM
amare for brand and meeks....thats what amare's value is right now.

slynxpac
01-29-2012, 11:31 AM
lets see what happens here..

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Dont think anything happens, IMO Jrue and Iggy for Amare, and TD would be the only offer they would consider, Dont see amare getting traded

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-29-2012, 11:46 AM
I doubt Brand is part of the trade. Isnt Brands contract a early termination next year? 76ers rather use that to re-up Hawes. I think it would have to be Iggy dealt to a third team with a filler.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/philadelphia-76ers-team-salary

http://www.hoopsworld.com/new-york-knicks-team-salary

Tmath
01-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Silly Sixers.

KnicksR4Real
01-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Nope Knicks can't do it. It doesn't work. I wish though.

sixer04fan
01-29-2012, 12:13 PM
No thank you to Amare. I think his contract would just hold us back like the Brand contract. It would also hurt to see us have to ship one or more of our valuable young pieces to NY like Jrue, Evan, or Thad.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Raptors receive: Andre Iguodala and Elton Brand
Knicks receive: Andrea Bargnani, ames Johnson, and Jose Calderon
76ers receive: Amare Stoudamire and Landry Fields

Raps18-19 Champ
01-29-2012, 12:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6m98kvc

:shrug:

Swashcuff
01-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Amares knee and injury issues are way overblown. I think some people just say its because its the trend. Just like people said Gallo was a one trick pony, soft and just role player, even though he clearly was not.

Seriously when was the last time Amare was injured or hurt significantly? He has been healthy as a horse and hasn't missed any significant time in many years. He has 3 years left on his contract, he's not some sort of huge risk.

Grant Hill went through injuries and ended up playing a very long career. Amare still has explosiveness, you're talking about a guy that put up 25, 9 & 2 last year and was an MVP candidate in the first half.

He's struggling this year and I know he's only at 18 & 8, but the ENTIRE knick team has struggled outside of Tyson.

I don't think a deal with PHI makes senses for either team, but lets not act like Amare is on his last legs and breaking down, because thats far from the truth.

Its not overblown. The fact is he has had an injury history and isn't as young as he once was. In every single Amar'e trade scenario Amar'e past is going to be brought up. He isn't getting any younger and because of that and the fact that he's such a great athlete who'd need his knees its going to be a talking point of any scenario. No one is saying his knees are a major issue right now but if you're going to make an investment in any player their injury history is something that you'd have to pay particular attention to.

Sixerlover
01-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Did anyone read the part where it said "DUE DILIGENCE"? There's no trade happening, it was probably just Thorn calling to see if he could get Amare for anything outside of Jrue, Turner, Iguodala and Brand and add him to the starting 5

BGeer091
01-29-2012, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't do this trade if I was either team. I'm a Knicks fan that'd rather trade Melo. Anyways if it was going to happen i'd like to see it be something like this...

NYK Get
Turner
Vucevic
Brand
1st

PHI Gets
Amare
Douglas
2nd

nycericanguy
01-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Its not overblown. The fact is he has had an injury history and isn't as young as he once was. In every single Amar'e trade scenario Amar'e past is going to be brought up. He isn't getting any younger and because of that and the fact that he's such a great athlete who'd need his knees its going to be a talking point of any scenario. No one is saying his knees are a major issue right now but if you're going to make an investment in any player their injury history is something that you'd have to pay particular attention to.

Obviously he's not a guy you want to start building around now. But a team that is one piece away should not be overly concerned about his health.

He had surgery on that knee 5 or 6 years ago, I think at this point its not something thats any more likely to affect him going forward.

Now if you were talking about the old days where Arenas got a $120m contract over 6 or 7 years RIGHT after having major knee surgery, thats understandable.

But a 29 year old with 3 years left that hasn't had knee issues in 5 or 6 years and people act as if he has ZERO trade value because of these so called injuries? Sorry but it is DEFINITELY overblown.

For what its worth, I'm not in favor of trading Amare unless its for Howard or Deron.

Swashcuff
01-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Obviously he's not a guy you want to start building around now. But a team that is one piece away should not be overly concerned about his health.

He had surgery on that knee 5 or 6 years ago, I think at this point its not something thats any more likely to affect him going forward.

Now if you were talking about the old days where Arenas got a $120m contract over 6 or 7 years RIGHT after having major knee surgery, thats understandable.

But a 29 year old with 3 years left that hasn't had knee issues in 5 or 6 years and people act as if he has ZERO trade value because of these so called injuries? Sorry but it is DEFINITELY overblown.

For what its worth, I'm not in favor of trading Amare unless its for Howard or Deron.

You simply don't get it.

smood999
01-29-2012, 01:21 PM
nothing will happen but...dont some of u guys think teams like the nuggets and sixers what they r missing is someone like stoudemire...my personal opinion on those teams r they arent built for the playoffs....good teams that r missing that one player before they make playoff runs...

Knowledge
01-29-2012, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't do this trade if I was either team. I'm a Knicks fan that'd rather trade Melo. Anyways if it was going to happen i'd like to see it be something like this...

NYK Get
Turner
Vucevic
Brand
1st

PHI Gets
Amare
Douglas
2nd

A couple of years ago his value was at its highest, but now it is at its lowest, possibly of his career. He no longer has youth going for him and his contract isnt favorable. These factors automatically take Turner off the board.

When he isnt scoring, he is basically useless and this year he hasnt been scoring. He has a per of 15.1 (average), he isnt rebouding/defending, he is "big man" but his FG% is 42%, he isnt a true post threat and seems to love settling for long 2s.

Im sure Knicks fans are frustrated with these aspect of him to some extent too.

gillypackem
01-29-2012, 01:35 PM

NYK Get
Turner
Vucevic
Brand
1st

PHI Gets
Amare
Douglas
2nd

Sorry that wouldn't work.. Douglas is poors man Lou Williams, amare isnt worth a potential 3 first round picks.. This trade doesn't work out all. Knicks only need jrue or turner and Sixers won't be giving that up. Sixers need a big post guy that can score but Knicks won't come cheap.. Best thing out that makes contract sense is iggy and Nocioni for amare... No way that ever happens

raidersrock99
01-29-2012, 01:41 PM
dude the more i look at it the more i like the sixers i wouldnt give up anybody on that team.

maybe evan turner and a few picks but thats it lol not that that would work but thats all i would give up

Slimsim
01-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Why would the sixers the only team to no disappoint Philly fans so far help the Knicks ?

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Amare has 3 years left after this, Big money yes But still has game left, Once davis comes back he will improve, I dont think this will ever have legs to it, Prob not even close, I would think Iggy would be involved and prob one of the pgs and a pick

ghettosean
01-29-2012, 02:16 PM
I doubt this is true these guys have barely played together so far and it's evident that they need a point guard before calling the Amare, Melo pairing a bust.

skoobiesnax69
01-29-2012, 02:29 PM
trade melo? yeah if an injury plagued kobe's scoring average dipped a few points for a 2 week stretch, lakers should trade him too right? no way we trade melo just to trade him.

NYKalltheway
01-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Amare ain't going anywhere, but the only trade with Philly that can make sense (for the Knicks) is this one imo
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7rys373

Iguodala for SG
Holiday for PG
Vucevic for C (backup or starting with Tyson as PF)

Amare to Philly with Douglas for backup SG and Balkman just because his salary is neededmatched. Doubt that this is what the 76ers have in mind.

TheIlladelph16
01-29-2012, 02:47 PM
There is absolutely no way the Sixers should ever consider trading Jrue in any deal for Amare. Please God no:facepalm:

TheIlladelph16
01-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Why would the sixers the only team to no disappoint Philly fans so far help the Knicks ?

^This:clap:

Hellcrooner
01-29-2012, 02:54 PM
They should instead offer for Pau Gasol.

Jim buss wants badly to get rid of him to get mor touches for his pet project bynum so it would be cheaper, probably something like this

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=88r7r6p with a first round going lakers way

thedfactor
01-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Lame, who cares.

llemon
01-29-2012, 03:03 PM
nothing will happen but...dont some of u guys think teams like the nuggets and sixers what they r missing is someone like stoudemire...my personal opinion on those teams r they arent built for the playoffs....good teams that r missing that one player before they make playoff runs...

What the hell does Denver need Amare for? To fill in Kenyon's spot on the injured list?

sixer04fan
01-29-2012, 03:06 PM

Jim buss wants badly to get rid of him to get mor touches for his pet project bynum so it would be cheaper, probably something like this

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=88r7r6p with a first round going lakers way

Pau Gasol and Steve Blake for Elton Brand, Lou Williams, and a 1st?

Would LA really give that consideration or would they laugh us off the phone?

Eagles710
01-29-2012, 03:06 PM
ill be honest, i would take a jrue for stat swap

AI4MVP
01-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Not going to happen.

Btw, Amare sucks. Hes not a good player.

AI4MVP
01-29-2012, 03:16 PM

This. The Lakers need young talent, and as he said, it seems like Buss wouldnt mind gettign rid of Gasol. Given the right deal, Gasol can make the Sixers a huge contender in the East. Gasol is still one of the best big men in the NBA.

But I think Lakers fans would riot if that particular trade went down..

JordansBulls
01-29-2012, 03:21 PM
I wouldn't do it if I were the Sixers.

Chronz
01-29-2012, 03:22 PM
I don't see an offer that makes sense ...

Iggy? No, he's a forward and who would our starting pf be?
Jrue? They won't trade their rising star pg

Iggy and Brand? Won't work contract wise
You missed one, Brand straight up

Chill_Will_24
01-29-2012, 03:26 PM
How about the Knicks trade GOAT Shumpert+fillers to LAC for Mo Williams?

It would solve the Knicks PG issue and the Clippers would get a legit SG

Hellcrooner
01-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Pau Gasol and Steve Blake for Elton Brand, Lou Williams, and a 1st?

Would LA really give that consideration or would they laugh us off the phone?

Mitch would laugh.

JIm Buss would do it inmediately, it cut costs ( pau has one more year than brand) and allows his pet Bynum to get more touches.

DerekRE_3
01-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Hawes for Amare.

Chronz
01-29-2012, 03:32 PM
How about the Knicks trade GOAT Shumpert to LAC for Mo Williams?

It would solve the Knicks PG issue and the Clippers would get a legit SG
I would like a project like him, I have a thing for defensive athletes with some PG skills but they rarely work out how I envision and I'm not high on the Goat Shumpert yet. Mo can fetch mo

Chronz
01-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Hawes for Amare.
How do you like watching Hawes break out for another team?

Ladies Man
01-29-2012, 03:45 PM
I don't see it happening. Personally if New York traded Amare that would be a big slap in the face to him. It would be so bogus

scutch11
01-29-2012, 03:55 PM
I don't see it happening. Personally if New York traded Amare that would be a big slap in the face to him. It would be so bogus

This. But business is business...

scutch11
01-29-2012, 03:56 PM
I would only want to do this if we get Jrue Holiday out of it but that's probably not gonna happen

Nabeshin
01-29-2012, 03:56 PM
I think once D'antoni is gone, hopefully within the next few weeks you will possibly see Amare traded, I think he would bring back some good pieces but as for Carmelo I think he is untouchable trade wise.

Slimsim
01-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Amare for Young and Brand Please

knicks=love
01-29-2012, 04:16 PM
I think once D'antoni is gone, hopefully within the next few weeks you will possibly see Amare traded, I think he would bring back some good pieces but as for Carmelo I think he is untouchable trade wise.

i could see that happening, but i doubt it. if anything, it'll be a deadline deal. as far as melo, and i've said this literally 292834 times, melo won't be traded whatsoever under no circumstances.

DerekRE_3
01-29-2012, 04:20 PM
How do you like watching Hawes break out for another team?

I dunno if I'd call it a break out, but it's good to see him do well. I thought he could play like that. The Kings are probably the worst run organization in the league, so Hawes won't be the last former King to do well with a real team.

yaswaggin
01-29-2012, 04:22 PM
wow, as a sixers fan, amare's trade value has fallen off TREMENDOUSLY

i think knicks should hold to amare, why trade him when his value is the lowest?

Chill_Will_24
01-29-2012, 04:22 PM

Amare is declining fast. NY would be wise to trade him ASAP before he becomes untradable with that contract.

nycericanguy
01-29-2012, 04:24 PM
i could see that happening, but i doubt it. if anything, it'll be a deadline deal. as far as melo, and i've said this literally 292834 times, melo won't be traded whatsoever under no circumstances.

Yes you've said it a million times, as if you worked for the Knicks FO. That doesn't make it a fact.

I don't think Melo is untouchable at all, especially if you can bring back a Dwight Howard. Melo for Howard straight up would be a fair deal for ORL. And it would allow NY to then in turn flip Chandler or Amare for more pieces.

Sorry but I much rather build around Howard.

nycericanguy
01-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Amare is declining fast. NY would be wise to trade him ASAP before he becomes untradable with that contract.

That would be a panic move, trading him while his value is at its absolute lowest.

He's already starting to turn it around, he'll be back around 20-23 & 9 on 50%+ by end of season.

If NY trades Amare they need to go package him with Chandler and try to get Howard. That would essentially be turning Billups and Amare into Howard.

Chill_Will_24
01-29-2012, 04:32 PM
That would be a panic move, trading him while his value is at its absolute lowest.

He's already starting to turn it around, he'll be back around 20-23 & 9 on 50%+ by end of season.

If NY trades Amare they need to go package him with Chandler and try to get Howard. That would essentially be turning Billups and Amare into Howard.

:laugh2: Pipe dream.. Howard doesnt wanna go there

However i disagree that Amare is at low value. He is a year removed from being an MVP candidate and is healthy. This late surge has come only because Melo is out of games or when Melo is on the bench. Once Melo returns Amare will go back to struggling and his value will drop more.

This is as high as his value will be imho

llemon
01-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Yes you've said it a million times, as if you worked for the Knicks FO. That doesn't make it a fact.

I don't think Melo is untouchable at all, especially if you can bring back a Dwight Howard. Melo for Howard straight up would be a fair deal for ORL. And it would allow NY to then in turn flip Chandler or Amare for more pieces.

'Melo for Dwight a fair deal?

Yes, Magic keep the same payroll and win 15 less games. Sounds very fair.

nycericanguy
01-29-2012, 04:55 PM

Fair as in ORL wants to remain competitive and wants veterans, he is the best player any team would probably offer.

But you're never going to get a real "fair" deal for Howard because he is a top 3 player in the NBA and the most dominant big man.

ORL is going to win less games without Howard, theres no disputing that and theres no replacing the best big man in the game.

Punk
01-29-2012, 04:56 PM
If a deal includes Iggy and Brand for Amare? Hell yeah. I'd also attempt to swap Lou for Douglas....but that's a pipe dream.

That's a terrible trade for our team. Amare/Howard will never work and trading a scorer for a defensive player and average offensive big is never a good idea especially when we do not have the pieces to compensate.

Melo is untouchable. Eventually, he'll be the player we build around since it's much easier to build around him compared to Amare who isn't a complete player.

You must be joking about the 15 less games. I hope you are.

llemon
01-29-2012, 05:07 PM
If a deal includes Iggy and Brand for Amare? Hell yeah. I'd also attempt to swap Lou for Douglas....but that's a pipe dream.

That's a terrible trade for our team. Amare/Howard will never work and trading a scorer for a defensive player and average offensive big is never a good idea especially when we do not have the pieces to compensate.

Melo is untouchable. Eventually, he'll be the player we build around since it's much easier to build around him compared to Amare who isn't a complete player.

You must be joking about the 15 less games. I hope you are.

Nope, I'm not kidding. So far, 'Melo has proven he's a scorer, not a winner.

Amare1
01-29-2012, 05:44 PM
How quickly we forget how good amare was when he didnt have 12 scrubs around him like he does now

Sixers arent contenders with there team now... They would be much better with Stoudemire

Chronz
01-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Iggy and Brand compliment Melo better than Amare

skoobiesnax69
01-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Iggy and Brand compliment Melo better than Amare
they are both sf's. where would iggy play? he can't shoot to play the 2 and not strong enuf for the 4...thus he doesn't complmiment melo. brand, on the other hand, does. he has some form of post game.

metsfanssince05
01-29-2012, 06:15 PM
I hate rival trades. Just dont like it but if there was a trade I would love Iggy, Brand for Stat

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2012, 07:19 PM
I hate rival trades. Just dont like it but if there was a trade I would love Iggy, Brand for Stat

Love iggy dislike brand, young and iggy is the better deal, I want jrue and iggy for amare and TD :p

knicks=love
01-29-2012, 07:19 PM

carmelo is one of the better scorers in the NBA and you want to trade him? i don't understand anyone that would want to do that. still drops 20+ points a night with 3 significant injuries. that's impressive.

i know howard is as rare as they come, but carmelo is also one of the most clutch players in the league and he wanted to come to NY, so there's no way he's gone. it doesn't matter if i work for the FO or not, they won't trade melo no matter what.

EnWhyKay
01-29-2012, 07:22 PM
If we trade Amare for anyone outside of Dwight it would be a monumental mistake by the Knicks FO...

knicks=love
01-29-2012, 07:22 PM
they are both sf's. where would iggy play? he can't shoot to play the 2 and not strong enuf for the 4...thus he doesn't complmiment melo. brand, on the other hand, does. he has some form of post game.

iggy is one of the best man to man defenders in the entire league, so even having him come off the bench is insane and would up our "6th man" situation instantly and defense as well.

Knowledge
01-29-2012, 07:27 PM
This thread is getting delusional lol The 76ers were just checking to see if the Knicks were having a fire-sale. If they were willing to give away Amare because they were sick of him, we would have to take a look. If they want anything of substantive value(Jrue, Iggy, Turner), then we politely decline.

His value now is way too low to consider trading any of the aforementioned pieces.

Sixerlover
01-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Iggy and Brand for Amare? Are you guys kidding me?

Hawkamania
01-29-2012, 08:03 PM
There's no way the Knicks could match the salaries of both Brand and Iggy coming together in any deal unless they moved Carmelo or a third team was involved.

THE MTL
01-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Knicks need a new coach. Iggy/brand would look worse than fields/amare under this system. Once knicks fire D'antoni we'll be fine.