PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard Is Pissed At Team

MetroMan
01-28-2012, 06:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7513527/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-calls-teammates-loss-new-orleans-hornets

I look at guys and they don't look like they want to play," Howard said following the lopsided loss. "I told them at halftime, 'If you don't want to play, just stay in the locker room

"It hurts to get out there and you play your hardest and you expect everybody to play the same way, and I'm not calling anybody out by no means because we all have to get better ... but if you don't want to be out there, don't dress up," Howard said. "If you don't want to play, stay home. People work too hard. I want to win a championship. I work too hard every night for anybody to not want to go out there and play hard. ...

blastmasta26
01-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Sounds serious. I think he might even ask for a trade. :speechless:

roshan3ai
01-28-2012, 06:29 PM
I understand his frustration, but he has to take some responsibility for this as well. He's not taking into account the effect of his trade drama on the team. How motivated can a team be when they know that their best player/star/leader doesn't want to play with them and is going to leave this trade deadline/offseason?

jiggin
01-28-2012, 06:46 PM
He always seems pissed at the Magic since he has been in the headlines for trades or FA. Didn't seem to hear much from him like this before he was a hot commodity in the league for moving to another team.

TO Rapz
01-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Dwight is playing hard and is putting up ridiculous numbers at times (20/20 games), but his trade drama really doesn't help his team. Dwight needs to set his priorities straight to be honest, if you want your team to play hard, extend your contract and show orlando you're here and not temporarily playing hard.

scutch11
01-28-2012, 06:49 PM
The Magic would be crazy not to trade him before the deadline

jiggin
01-28-2012, 06:57 PM
I think he is playing the media with this attitude ********. He never talked like this before he became a major player in the FA and trade talks.

I hate it when players do this kind of thing...manipulate the market. It takes a great player who normally has a great attitude and turns them into a douche. At least to those that see through his little game with the media and his situation.

BallIsAll
01-28-2012, 07:00 PM
I understand his frustration, but he has to take some responsibility for this as well. He's not taking into account the effect of his trade drama on the team. How motivated can a team be when they know that their best player/star/leader doesn't want to play with them and is going to leave this trade deadline/offseason?

They are not getting paid to be all emotional for somebody wanting to get traded that's not an excuse. They're professional basketball players and people pay to see them. If they don't want to play, Dwight is right stay home. The Carmelo drama was way worse and hard on the nuggets players than this stuff and they weren't getting blown out or scoring less than 80 points in multiple games. If you don't wanna play stay home and if this is how they take emotional stress, then who would wanna play with them?

SteBO
01-28-2012, 07:11 PM
They are not getting paid to be all emotional for somebody wanting to get traded that's not an excuse. They're professional basketball players and people pay to see them. If they don't want to play, Dwight is right stay home. The Carmelo drama was way worse and hard on the nuggets players than this stuff and they weren't getting blown out or scoring less than 80 points in multiple games. If you don't wanna play stay home and if this is how they take emotional stress, then who would wanna play with them?
100% agreed.

numba1CHANGsta
01-28-2012, 07:16 PM
So Where will D12 end up? :eyebrow:

SouthSideRookie
01-28-2012, 07:26 PM

Exactly, Howard needs to grow up.

How do you know that, you're not in that locker room. If anyone hasn't seen The Association on NBA TV (Nuggets Edition) i suggest you do, the way Carmelo dragged that franchise through the mud is quite sad, same thing is happening here.

Hawkamania
01-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Obviously his unhappiness and frustration goes well beyond his teams effort against the Hornets (which getting beat by nearly 30 points to NO is certainly embarrassing) but I think we all know this mostly has to do with the fact that he wants out of Orlando.

JNA17
01-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Does he realize that just MAYBE the trade drama has been effecting the effort of his teammates? They pretty much don't trust Dwight anymore because of the great potential of him leaving. And honestly, I would feel the same way.

Teeboy1487
01-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Meh, Dwight is blowing all of this out of proportion. They had a great record a few weeks back. Teams go through bad spells. They are in one . This is not that bad especially for this rushed season. Some nights, you just won't flat out have it. Dwight is just confirming he's a douche just like the rest of these highly paid idiots in this league. I really thought he had a better attitude. You win as a team, you lose as a team.

PennyMy#1
01-28-2012, 07:43 PM
right now i hate everyone on the magic for the stupid unprofessionell attitude and behaviour. otis. van gundy. dwight. the team. just everyone. and i have been a magic fan with guys like andrew declerq on their roster so im experienced in rooting for a ****** team.

can some1 explain me why organizatzions listen to players whish lists ? i would just ****ing trade him to where i get the most from.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Gilbert is coming to LA, so that means Dwight should be coming soon too?! :)

ziglur
01-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Piss on him!! When he says hes wants to play with a better point guard, what does he exspect? Go play with one and see what happens. JERK!

Gritz
01-28-2012, 08:20 PM
He pissed cuz his jersey still says Orlando

Lakeshow24KB
01-28-2012, 08:22 PM
I think Kobe would be glad to have Dwight on his team. The whole phone conversation thing is ********. They both know it still will be Kobe's team until the day he retires and I doubt Dwight didn't have that in mind when he requested a trade. Should the Lakers cave in they will be on top of the West. Especially if they get Arenas and if he doesn't slack off.

Young and Stupid
01-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Exactly, Howard needs to grow up.

Or ... maybe his teammates need to grow up. If they're, in a sense, pouting because they're offended that Howard doesn't think they're good enough for him to win a championship with then they have the issue. If that's truly how they're feeling, prove him wrong; don't ***** about it.

I'm not sure what people want Howard to do. The general public complained when LeBron didn't inform the Cavaliers that he wanted out -- causing them to miss out on an opportunity to accelerate their rebuild -- yet there's an issue when Dwight and Melo do the opposite and try to help their team.

Howard could just give up on the team, but instead he's trying to motivate them -- he's trying to win. For people who are calling Dwight a "douche" or a "whiney *****" or what have you: what is it that you want him to do?

SkipBaylessFan
01-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Maybe we need to develop plays other than pass it inside, wait for the double on Howard then pass it out for the open 3 pointer, or pass the ball to Dwight in the paint. Legit run two plays.

effen5
01-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Dwight is a baby

Mudvayne91
01-28-2012, 08:50 PM
How do you know that, you're not in that locker room. If anyone hasn't seen The Association on NBA TV (Nuggets Edition) i suggest you do, the way Carmelo dragged that franchise through the mud is quite sad, same thing is happening here.
Multiple times throughout the year the players and Karl stated it was taking its effecting the team in interviews. Even in last weeks episode of the Association they had Karl and Afflalo mentioning it. I can't say which is tougher situation, but the Melo crap did take its toll on Denver.

JordansBulls
01-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Dwight is just making it obvious he isn't staying around.

Sadds The Gr8
01-28-2012, 09:21 PM
I don't blame him. his support sucks ***

Raph12
01-28-2012, 10:40 PM
I don't know why you guys are blaming Dwight for the issues his teammates may have with his request. It is MGMT's decision to not trade him, they need to take into account all of the hurt feelings and emotions, Dwight said what he needs to say. Dwight will give 100% while he's in a Magic jersey, if his teammates don't follow suit, then it's on MGMT to trade him and get it over with.

You can't blame someone for wanting to do what's best for him, his teammates need to step up or MGMT needs to trade Dwight, something needs to give.

FriedTofuz
01-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Dwight to LA. lakers offer the next defensive player of the year for howard.

RaiderLakersA's
01-28-2012, 11:38 PM

:clap:

Mr_Amaziing
01-29-2012, 12:18 AM
Howard for Gasol and Bynum

Better-Than-You
01-29-2012, 12:32 AM
Howard for Gasol and Bynum

Deal. I can't stand Pau anymore. Look at his stats tonight. :facepalm:

stlbest5in2013
01-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Who gives a ****? Magic board this damn thread. People want to complain about the Bulls and heat threads on this forum. Well the Magic are not going anywhere anytime soon with or without him. So bringing his name up on here is dumb.

I have said on other sites that when he is a FA he will be heading to Dallas with DWill. Orlando does not like any offers on the table. So he will become a FA and go to Dallas.

So either Magic or Maverick this dumb thread or close it. #Useless

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-29-2012, 02:07 AM
Dwight is Pissed at his team.

Kobe is Pissed at his team.

Why don't we just unite these two pissed *******s together? :)

Angelus™
01-29-2012, 02:15 AM
Get it done Lakers

3mikee_
01-29-2012, 02:32 AM
This guy should shut up and play ball. This situation reminds me of Vince Carter's last year in Toronto kind of. It almost seems as if Dwight is pushing himself out of Orlando on purpose..

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-29-2012, 02:34 AM
Lakers: 11-9 (Tomorrow @ Minnesota).

Orlando: 12-7 (Tomorrow vs Indiana).

Both mediocre at best.

cutiepie80
01-29-2012, 02:38 AM
This guy should shut up and play ball. This situation reminds me of Vince Carter's last year in Toronto kind of. It almost seems as if Dwight is pushing himself out of Orlando on purpose..

I can't stand the guy at all because I hate his humor and trying to be funny at all times.

But I feel for him in the regard that his team has shown it's true colors, just look at what they did this week.

He'll end up in LA, but I don't think they are good enough after they lose what they lose to beat the thunder/heat/bulls. Kobe isn't getting any younger. Despite what his numbers are he is their entire team.

Raph12
01-29-2012, 06:24 AM
Lakers: 11-9 (Tomorrow @ Minnesota).

Orlando: 12-7 (Tomorrow vs Indiana).

Both mediocre at best.

In our defence, we played 4 games in 5 nights; if you take the last week off the schedule, our record was 11-4... Plus his teammates are *****ing out on him atm.

MetroMan
01-29-2012, 10:57 PM
dwight has another monster night but still loses by 20 !!! ouch.

rapjuicer06
01-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Maybe it should say this....Team pissed at Dwight and no longer want to play with him?

Ebbs
01-30-2012, 02:38 AM
When will players realize that calling out members of their own organization regardless of the reason in front of the media makes them the bad guy?

naps
01-30-2012, 02:55 AM
He's basically saying "Trade me Otis! Or else I'll destroy this team!"

Dwight Howard has become the drama king of NBA. He needs to STFU and keep playing hard so when he leaves he can at least say I tried my best but it wasn't good enough so I am going to try somewhere else.

kblo247
01-30-2012, 03:13 AM
In our defence, we played 4 games in 5 nights; if you take the last week off the schedule, our record was 11-4... Plus his teammates are *****ing out on him atm.

In our defense Mike Brown is an *** clown who is still by his own admission searching for a rotation an offensive scheme.

Raph12
01-30-2012, 04:32 AM
In our defense Mike Brown is an *** clown who is still by his own admission searching for a rotation an offensive scheme.

I agree.

The way we're setup right now, both teams are crap this year.

Lidz
01-30-2012, 05:03 AM
It doesn't matter if Howard wants a trade or not. His teammates still needs to give 100% just like he's doin'. They aren't babies. Do your job and play basketball, no matter how you feel about Dwight's trade talks.

Sssmush
01-30-2012, 05:52 AM
beginning to think that Dwight Howard is mad at Jim Buss. It's almost to the point where, if a trade offer isn't made very soon, Dwight Howard and his agent may demand that the Lakers trade him to another team

Monta is beast
01-30-2012, 05:58 AM
beginning to think that Dwight Howard is mad at Jim Buss. It's almost to the point where, if a trade offer isn't made very soon, Dwight Howard and his agent may demand that the Lakers trade him to another team

:confused:

jbterrelle
01-30-2012, 06:09 AM
It doesn't matter if Howard wants a trade or not. His teammates still needs to give 100% just like he's doin'. They aren't babies. Do your job and play basketball, no matter how you feel about Dwight's trade talks.

I agree 100%...these are GROWN men getting emotional over trade talks?? It's the nba, it happens all the time. Just like when you're at work and you hear about someone getting fired soon, does that stop you from doing your job? No. and we don't make millions like these guys do so stop making excuses for these GROWN men.

Also for the people saying Dwight needs to play hard? What games do you watch? He's putting up crazy numbers and having a good season, who else can you say that about on the Magic??

KG21
01-30-2012, 06:21 AM
I support Howard all the way.

I mean, this guy is best C in NBA today, won DPOY award, grabs so many rebound and hustles and gives his best every night. He has all the right to say this. And others that say "This drama ain't helping, his team" well, lets look whose fault is this...GUY PLAYS HARD and others around him SUCK, don't want to win....So one guy is doing everything and others are just sitting and waiting to screw up. I would be pissed at Howard for not speaking about it, he is right and with this way he shows that he actually cares.