PDA

View Full Version : What player has been the biggest disappointment this year???

Ty Fast
01-28-2012, 05:10 PM
There are a lot to chose from this year but for me it has to be Derrick Williams. I know he is only playing 20 mins a game and putting up only 7 shots a game but I picked him for ROY and thought he would be doing way better. For the record I think he should be starting but thats not my call. Who do you think is the biggest disappointment?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Amare and Williams have a case considering they are superstars/fringe superstars.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-28-2012, 05:18 PM
has to be Amare

Hellcrooner
01-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Ricky Rubio.

His haters are hughely dissapointed

:D

Birdmannn
01-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Amare. Carmelo. D-Will(nets). Odom. Derozan.
D-Will(wolves) is doing good for the amount of minutes he is given, he should have to earn those minutes which I think he will.

Hawkeye15
01-28-2012, 05:31 PM
There are a lot to chose from this year but for me it has to be Derrick Williams. I know he is only playing 20 mins a game and putting up only 7 shots a game but I picked him for ROY and thought he would be doing way better. For the record I think he should be starting but thats not my call. Who do you think is the biggest disappointment?

not sure why you would pick a rookie in the first place. Besides, Williams is showing flashes, but the fact is, he is a PF. The Wolves already have a decent one. So Derrick will find it tough to get 35 minutes a game.

Scola, Amare, Deron, Odom, DeRozan, Toney Douglas, Granger, and Salmons have all been noticeably disappointing to me.

Iron24th
01-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Jimmer Fredette lol

Iron24th
01-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Devin Harris

Hawkeye15
01-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Devin Harris

good call. Forgot about him.

Birdmannn
01-28-2012, 05:36 PM
not sure why you would pick a rookie in the first place. Besides, Williams is showing flashes, but the fact is, he is a PF. The Wolves already have a decent one. So Derrick will find it tough to get 35 minutes a game.

Scola, Amare, Deron, Odom, DeRozan, Toney Douglas, Granger, and Salmons have all been noticeably disappointing to me.

Him to I totally forgot with how will Indian is still playing.

I think Williams will start to play more minutes at sf. He has a great coach that will help him grow, and of course with Love at the other forward position the offensive end will be easy. Williams has the size and strength to be a good defender.

Swashcuff
01-28-2012, 05:36 PM

Way to be modest Hawk :laugh2:

Yea I think its a bit strange to take a rookie who hasn't gotten the opportunity to be a starter.

I'd go with Amar'e with this one in all honesty. Deron has started coming along with his last couple games and I expect that to continue. Amar'e is yet to show any flashes whatsoever of him getting his act together.

Gators123
01-28-2012, 05:37 PM
DeRozen
Amare
Odom
Jimmer (Only because CED said he would average 35 PPG)

Birdmannn
01-28-2012, 05:40 PM
DeRozen
Amare
Odom
Have to add Cousins and Evans to this list then.

Cal827
01-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Derozan, Amar'e, Williams, Wall (although he's getting better I think)

Cal827
01-28-2012, 05:41 PM
DeRozen
Amare
Odom

He said eventually. He's struggling now, but just wait. Just like in NBA 2k, he'll put up about 60ppg in March to offset the early struggles.

itsripcity32
01-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Iman Shumpert

Hawkeye15
01-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Him to I totally forgot with how will Indian is still playing.

I think Williams will start to play more minutes at sf. He has a great coach that will help him grow, and of course with Love at the other forward position the offensive end will be easy. Williams has the size and strength to be a good defender.

Adelman uses him when opposing teams have a perimeter player, whether it be big or traditional SF, who isn't all that good. It will be a matchup decision with Williams. I expect the Wolves to ask him to really work hard on his ball handling, and shooting this offseason, and try and cut a little muscle to get quicker, so he can spell some actual time as a traditional SF next season.

And for god's sake, ****ing let Michael Beasley walk. Do NOT pay that man.

Slimsim
01-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Everyone on the ****ing knicks

TO Rapz
01-28-2012, 05:51 PM
the knicks.
Derozan.
Harris.
Odom.
deron (getting better)

Hawkeye15
01-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Iman Shumpert

is this a blatant attempt to bait? Honestly, why would anyone choose a rookie to begin with?

Khri
01-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Iman Shumpert, he has all the tools to be better than Michael Jordan.

itsripcity32
01-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Iman Shumpert, he has all the tools to be better than Michael Jordan.

Agreed.

Hawkeye is just oblivious to the fact that Knick "fans" have been hyping him up.

itsripcity32
01-28-2012, 09:29 PM
is this a blatant attempt to bait? Honestly, why would anyone choose a rookie to begin with?

Oh yea. I don't see you calling out the people who named Jimmer as a dissapointment. What's your problem?

Sactown
01-28-2012, 09:30 PM
The Knicks

Longhornfan1234
01-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Dwyane Wade...and it's not even close.

Hawkeye15
01-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Oh yea. I don't see you calling out the people who named Jimmer as a dissapointment. What's your problem?

My problem? haha, cmon.

First off, the post was listing ONLY Shumpert. That is an obvious shot at Knicks fans.

Second, how can a rookie be one of the more disappointing players, when we have perennial all stars sucking left and right?

Hawkeye15
01-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Agreed.

Hawkeye is just oblivious to the fact that Knick "fans" have been hyping him up.

No, I just don't get personally offended when a fan base with millions of fans has a 15% irrational rate who talk out loud. Every fan base has that. But there are more Knicks fans than Pistons, Wolves, or Kings fans for instance.

I never get the waste of energy it takes to just troll fan bases.

meloman1592
01-28-2012, 10:02 PM
Has to be Amare and Harris

THE MTL
01-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Everyone on the Knicks roster outside of Melo. I'll add Odom to the list too

Cfrey
01-28-2012, 10:32 PM
How is D-Will even in this conversation? He gets no minutes. I'd like to see him getting 5-10 more minutes a game and taking more shots. It's seems to me that he scores pretty efficiently and he just needs some more attempts.

He will get better once he has the opportunity.

Biggest disappointment? Probably Odom or Dirk

Kashmir13579
01-28-2012, 10:43 PM

Good list. I'd even throw 'Melo in there.

Nick O
01-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Devin Harris

crap wrong reply

lakerfan3118
01-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Coming to mind is Raymond Felton who has been horrible from the field, Andray Blatche and anybody else on the Washington Wizards...

Nick O
01-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Jimmer Fredette lol

hes starting to pick it up though

TO Rapz
01-28-2012, 10:56 PM
My problem? haha, cmon.

First off, the post was listing ONLY Shumpert. That is an obvious shot at Knicks fans.

Second, how can a rookie be one of the more disappointing players, when we have perennial all stars sucking left and right?

Normally I'd agree with you. But you didn't tell me if i could **** your cat. :(

Iodine
01-28-2012, 11:01 PM
I was expecting a solid breakout for Wessy Matthews, because I love him and his game, instead now that he is firmly the starting SG he has regressed :sigh:

Also DeMar has been rough so far

itsripcity32
01-28-2012, 11:20 PM
My problem? haha, cmon.

Lol. Look at the title of the thread. It says what player, not what playerS. What happened to the whole rookie thing? You didn't address the whole Jimmer thing. Look below.

No, I just don't get personally offended when a fan base with millions of fans has a 15% irrational rate who talk out loud. Every fan base has that. But there are more Knicks fans than Pistons, Wolves, or Kings fans for instance.

I never get the waste of energy it takes to just troll fan bases.

LOL 15%? What kind of a joke number is that. Look at how many Knick "fans" on PSD were talking about the Iman Shumpert. Do you remember seeing all those Iman Shumpert threads? What about all those Iman Shumpert signatures?

Honestly dude, the first place I heard about Iman Shumpert was PSD. He was alerady hyped as **** by these guys on PSD before the season even started.

KnicksR4Real
01-28-2012, 11:46 PM
Gotta say the Knicks and Amar'e.

cutiepie80
01-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Odom
Carmelo
Amare
Wall

ACanadian
01-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Demar Derozan

Longhornfan1234
01-29-2012, 12:09 AM

:clap:

Sactown
01-29-2012, 12:31 AM
Everyone listing Jimmer.. in the last 4 games he's averaging 17 points on 61% from deep...

Also I'm going to go with John ****ING Salmons.. He can't guard the other teams mascot let alone anyone in the league... he missed 30 3pters in a row.. shooting about 20% from deep 32% overall... biggest disappointment this season as far as role players go

Better-Than-You
01-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Pau Gasol says hi.

Nick O
01-29-2012, 12:46 AM
Everyone listing Jimmer.. in the last 4 games he's averaging 17 points on 61% from deep...

Also I'm going to go with John ****ING Salmons.. He can't guard the other teams mascot let alone anyone in the league... he missed 30 3pters in a row.. shooting about 20% from deep 32% overall... biggest disappointment this season as far as role players go

yup i love jimmer :) hes been good lately but ughh i was sad when he missed that shot at the end today :(

Sactown
01-29-2012, 01:34 AM
yup i love jimmer :) hes been good lately but ughh i was sad when he missed that shot at the end today :(

Yeah in the beginning of the season he had to adjust, but he's playing so much better now.. I know it would of been epic for him to hit the game winner against Utah.. :(
still shot 60% from deep tonight

NBAfan4life
01-29-2012, 01:41 AM
As a Laker fan Pau Gasol is having his worst year as a Laker. I know there are many more disappointing.

As a Wolves fan Wes Johnson and Darko. It is not fair to list darko but for anyone who has ever wanted to root for the guy you just cant. He shows flashes that can get you excited but never improves or sustains

Hawkeye15
01-29-2012, 01:49 AM
Lol. Look at the title of the thread. It says what player, not what playerS. What happened to the whole rookie thing? You didn't address the whole Jimmer thing. Look below.

LOL 15%? What kind of a joke number is that. Look at how many Knick "fans" on PSD were talking about the Iman Shumpert. Do you remember seeing all those Iman Shumpert threads? What about all those Iman Shumpert signatures?

Honestly dude, the first place I heard about Iman Shumpert was PSD. He was alerady hyped as **** by these guys on PSD before the season even started.

I saw the title of this thread. I find it laughable that anyone would list a rookie, unless it was of Andrew Luck talent, as their biggest disappointment when so many established all stars are playing poorly.

That number represents my observation on the percentage of any fan base that is irrational, and would be pissed if a Scola for Love trade happened as a Rockets fan. Its most likely fairly accurate.

So what if there were Iman threads? So you hate a guy because you have to read fans talk about him? What is the point?

I heard of Iman well before this place. I am a basketball guy.

OaklandsFinest
01-29-2012, 02:08 AM
I think Amare is kind of an obvious answer of course, but I would go with Steve Nash, The Lakers, John Wall, Anthony Randolph.. Randolph can really play man, its too bad he never gets minutes cause the cat can hoop!

Snapshot
01-29-2012, 02:40 AM
Well besides the Superstars that were mentioned, Monta Ellis, Stephen Curry, John Wall, and Tyreke evans are all playing like ****.. I'm especially upset with Curry and Ellis being that they're my 2 favorite players, well at least in my top 5. Curry's numbers might not be as bad as the aforementioned players, but I know that he could be better than he has thus far, and it saddens me to see him struggle to be more than just a mediocre player in this league when I feel he's capable of being so much more.. smh.

Sactown
01-29-2012, 03:02 AM
I saw the title of this thread. I find it laughable that anyone would list a rookie, unless it was of Andrew Luck talent, as their biggest disappointment when so many established all stars are playing poorly.

That number represents my observation on the percentage of any fan base that is irrational, and would be pissed if a Scola for Love trade happened as a Rockets fan. Its most likely fairly accurate.

So what if there were Iman threads? So you hate a guy because you have to read fans talk about him? What is the point?

I heard of Iman well before this place. I am a basketball guy.

Because you don't want Georgia Tech basketball doesn't mean you're not a basketball guy lol.. He wasn't a must see college player either..

JLynn943
01-29-2012, 04:12 AM
:clap:

I see you don't have many posts, but, just so you know, people typically don't quote their own posts and applaud them. Just saying.

Anyway, it's hard not to go with one of Amare/Melo/Dirk, although there are certainly other players getting paid a lot but doing horrible (such as Salmons).

HouRealCoach
01-29-2012, 04:54 AM
John Wall, Amare Stoudemire, Dirk Nowitzki, Ron Artest, Chris Kaman, Derozan... and Greg Oden

CityofTreez
01-29-2012, 05:21 AM
John Wall, Amare Stoudemire, Dirk Nowitzki, Ron Artest, Chris Kaman, Derozan... and Greg Oden

Good list. I'd also add in John Salmons, Stephen Jackson, and Carl Landry.

Ty Fast
01-29-2012, 07:53 AM

ya i know. i just thought he would be starting and putting up better numbers but that is not his fault

AnthonyTyrael
01-31-2012, 03:45 AM
By far margin, still Dirk Nowitzki. No one seems to see it in the right light, he won't get there this season, may be never again. No matter what his conditioning is... or shot.

He's not getting many shots, looks, opportunities, not hitting them as he's used to. He's not anywhere close to demanding the ball. Besides I don't see his teammates trusting and relying on him anymore. He felt off the throne. Nimbus gone and that's the worst that can occur to a franchise leader. You're shot, bleeding out.

Please prove me wrong Dirk, watching you play since you're 15 and never seen you play that worse over such a stretch of games.

lavilevi23
01-31-2012, 03:56 AM

Biggest Wade hater on PSD and it's not even close.

lavilevi23
01-31-2012, 04:01 AM
Most disappointed with Oden not playing but if we're talking about the ones playing
To me its :
1.Odom
2.Amare
3.Dirk
4.Noah
5.Wall

Antipod
01-31-2012, 04:17 AM
Excluding almost the entire Knicks roster, my top 3(not in any order are):
Dirk, Odom, DWill

Alayla
01-31-2012, 08:15 PM
As a sixers fan id say Jrue and acutlly i just posted a thread about it feel free to merge it if need be

lkingratedr
01-31-2012, 08:42 PM
How about we name everyone on the knicks not named chandler and also for some reason I have to say devin Harris he went from Allstar to where is he

lkingratedr
01-31-2012, 08:44 PM
Oh yeah after that dunk last night I got to say kendrick Perkins ... Honestly I had to change the channel regroup and then come back

PrettyBoyJ
01-31-2012, 08:55 PM
Devin Harris I thought Utah would revive his career.. I was wrong big time

ragee
01-31-2012, 08:55 PM
To those who have stated that D-Will one of the biggest disappointment, watch some games and don't just look at the stat sheets... He's been playing like his usual self lately...

For me, Odom is the biggest disappointment. Dirk could also be considered but it seems like his knee was bothering him. Hopefully, he can get it together because the Mavs need him...

Mudvayne91
01-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Al Harrington. Oh wait, Buckets has been killing it :D

notch_johnson
01-31-2012, 09:11 PM
I think its definetly been Mike James so far....not even close...

gbrl
01-31-2012, 11:07 PM
grangers slump seems to be ending, hes averaging 20 points on 46 % in his last 5

willabeast77
01-31-2012, 11:20 PM
Surprised people havent mentioned Derrick Rose or Carlos Boozer, bunch of haters

Bruno
01-31-2012, 11:54 PM
There have been several but Amare takes the cake.

His PER is under 16.0, his TS% is under .500 and his WS/48 is at 0.076. He needs a good PG to be successful. The Knicks should consider moving Amare for another big, or moving Melo for D-Will.

Melo/STAT has to be the worst super-star paring, as far as synergy is concerned; which is sad because the Knicks were looking for real before the Melo trade. Nothing against Melo, but that deal was a mistake for NYK. The pieces just don't fit.

If Baron Davis can regain his 2007 forum, thing might be different. But that's putting a lot of importance on an aging, potentially washed-up PG, if youre the Knicks.

Hawkeye15
02-01-2012, 01:04 AM
There have been several but Amare takes the cake.

His PER is under 16.0, his TS% is under .500 and his WS/48 is at 0.076. He needs a good PG to be successful. The Knicks should consider moving Amare for another big, or moving Melo for D-Will.

Melo/STAT has to be the worst super-star paring, as far as synergy is concerned; which is sad because the Knicks were looking for real before the Melo trade. Nothing against Melo, but that deal was a mistake for NYK. The pieces just don't fit.

If Baron Davis can regain his 2007 forum, thing might be different. But that's putting a lot of importance on an aging, potentially washed-up PG, if youre the Knicks.

Amare and Odom are running away with known ballers who are playing terrible. No doubt.

Gators123
02-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Raymond Felton is another one.

LA_Raiders
02-01-2012, 02:35 AM
DeRozen
Amare
Odom

Gasol, Harris, KG, Pierce, Allen, DWill

lavilevi23
02-01-2012, 03:19 AM
Pierce has been pretty solid... idk what ur talking about ^^^^

OmahaDro
02-01-2012, 04:00 AM
Brett Favre

Saad
02-01-2012, 04:14 AM
What about Dirk? I thought he would average at least 20 this year. I guess injuries have affected him a bit, but still. Devin Harris is also a good choice as well.

Bruno
02-01-2012, 05:07 AM
Amare and Odom are running away with known ballers who are playing terrible. No doubt.

wow, totally forgot about odom.

that says it all.

his advanced stats are laugh out loud terrible. he's making mitch look like a genius.

He115ing
02-01-2012, 02:04 PM
For me it is Toney Douglass. I know he does not do much as it is. But he did pretty good for the Knicks last year and at one point was a candidate for MIP and 6th man.

This year he is just horrendous. He can't shoot, he can't drive, he can't pass. He turns the ball over all the time, he fouls all the time. Basically he hurts the team every second that he is on the floor.

Gators123
02-01-2012, 02:25 PM
wow, totally forgot about odom.

that says it all.

his advanced stats are laugh out loud terrible. he's making mitch look like a genius.

I doubt he would be playing that bad in LA.