PDA

View Full Version : Report: Lakers close to signing Gilbert Arenas

Fresno
01-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Sources close to the situation say the LA Lakers have reached out to Gilbert Arenas, he is giving strong consideration to signing

Deal would be for the prorated NBA minimum, assuming Gilbert passes a physical, unless Lakers waive that provision

Gilbert has been working out at Amway Center in Orlando and believes his knee is ready to go... He has been talking for the last few days

http://twitter.com/#!/stevekylerNBA

Looks like it might be going down.

This follows up on a previous report earlier this morning.

JNA17
01-28-2012, 12:24 PM
I loved him on the wizards, but that was a few years ago. And i certaintly don't expect him to play like that type of Arenas no matter what.

However, I like this sighing since there is no risk to this. If he sucks, he sits on the bench, if he pays off, then are PG spot became that much less of a hole.

I mean, the lakers need SOMEBODY at PG instead of freaking Fisher or Morris or god knows what. Whether Arenas is the answer or not, that remains to be seen.

lakers4sho
01-28-2012, 12:28 PM
better than Fisher

Iron24th
01-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Better than Fisher and Morris.
Better than Blake? Remains to be seen.

Hellcrooner
01-28-2012, 12:32 PM
:facepalm:

Hawkeye15
01-28-2012, 12:39 PM
I loved him on the wizards, but that was a few years ago. And i certaintly don't expect him to play like that type of Arenas no matter what.

However, I like this sighing since there is no risk to this. If he sucks, he sits on the bench, if he pays off, then are PG spot became that much less of a hole.

I mean, the lakers need SOMEBODY at PG instead of freaking Fisher or Morris or god knows what. Whether Arenas is the answer or not, that remains to be seen.

Pretty much agree. Brown just needs the discipline to sit him if he is stinking it up.

RipCity32
01-28-2012, 12:44 PM
low risk,could possibly work out pretty well

Abdul Mutalib
01-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Scratch that, they need Jose manual calderon!
Lol

JNA17
01-28-2012, 12:46 PM

I know I know, he's not Spanish or Jose Calderon.

JNA17
01-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Pretty much agree. Brown just needs the discipline to sit him if he is stinking it up.

Oh he better, or I will do something I never did before...

Write an angry fan mail! :mad:

blystr2002
01-28-2012, 12:49 PM
It would give them somebody else who can score off the dribble besides Kobe and when he gets hot Arenas has crazy range. It can only help, but if for some reason he doesn't it's low risk.

DeyAce
01-28-2012, 12:53 PM
mo williams

shep33
01-28-2012, 12:53 PM
If it works for us, sure, if not, it's not that big of a deal.

Chill_Will_24
01-28-2012, 12:54 PM
This could be a sign of things to come? Gilbert Arenas stated that he wanted to sign with whatever team got Dwight. Dwight might finally be LA bound?

Gritz
01-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Even if he sucks he is still equal to if not better than fish

RLundi
01-28-2012, 01:02 PM
This could be a sign of things to come? Gilbert Arenas stated that he wanted to sign with whatever team got Dwight. Dwight might finally be LA bound?

Yes, Gilbert Arenas is definitely in the know.

Gritz
01-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Yes, Gilbert Arenas is definitely in the know.

Lol

YoungOne
01-28-2012, 01:18 PM
thought that would happen earlier

LakersA's49ers
01-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Id love this signing. Lakers need more spacing on shots!

RLundi
01-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Id love this signing. Lakers need more spacing on shots!

I agree. I think at this point, any warm body would be a good substitute for Fisher. Gilbert is low-risk, high-reward. I think he'd be rejuvenated in a starting role in a market like LA. I like the move. I don't expect anything out of it, but if it pays off, it'd be huge.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Nothing is imminent according to the guy who broke this news, Alex Kennedy. He just stated that the Lakers are interested in signing Gilbert, BUT NO SIGNING IS IMMINENT. So at this point, it's still pure speculation. Everyone that is tweeting this is misleading all of yall.

Unless Alex Kennedy or even someone like Woj comes out and says that a signing is "close"...don't believe it.

Gibby
01-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Calderon would be a better fit, even though his defence sucks. calderon is a better spot up shooter and passer.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Calderon would be a better fit, even though his defence sucks. calderon is a better spot up shooter and passer.

They are two different players, I would welcome both Jose and Gilbert. Jose is more of a distributor, and Gilbert is a scorer.

HouRealCoach
01-28-2012, 01:50 PM
I doubt he plays

thedfactor
01-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Gilbert would have to buy into the Kobe System

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Gilbert would have to buy into the Kobe System

Nice! :clap:

beliges
01-28-2012, 02:02 PM
The Lakers roster is so pathetic that Arenas would be the 4th best player on that team quite possibly. Thats sad. With that said however, why the hell would you not sign him if youre the Lakers. Honestly, they cant possibly get any worse this season, barring injuries, so you do it.

Federal Reserve
01-28-2012, 02:15 PM
The Lakers will get even worse if they Arenas.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-28-2012, 02:17 PM
The Lakers will get even worse if they Arenas.

Lakers need scoring, and Arenas scores. I don't see how Lakers get worse.

Jenceman
01-28-2012, 02:24 PM
I would much rather get Calderon, but any friggin help would be appreciated. Arenas can distribute the ball better than anyone currently on the roster anyways, even if he is a chucker.

Gators123
01-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Lakers need scoring, and Arenas scores. I don't see how Lakers get worse.

Hes an inefficient chucker.

3mikee_
01-28-2012, 02:42 PM
I doubt at this point in his career he'll be the inefficient player that he was. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure Kobe will do something about it if Arenas throws up 30 shots a game.

Jenceman
01-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Hes an inefficient chucker.

Good luck chucking with Kobe, Pau, and Bynum demanding touches in front of him.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-28-2012, 03:40 PM
I doubt at this point in his career he'll be the inefficient player that he was. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure Kobe will do something about it if Arenas throws up 30 shots a game.

:confused:
in his prime years he was pretty good, now he's terribly inefficient

shep33
01-28-2012, 03:47 PM
I don't think he's close to signing with the Lakers, LA just has talked to him and their is no evidence of an immediate signing.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-28-2012, 03:51 PM
I don't think he's close to signing with the Lakers, LA just has talked to him and their is no evidence of an immediate signing.

This, and knowing the Lakers FO, the chances of this signing actually becoming official soon is slim to none. Just pure speculation at this point.

LakersSaintsLSU
01-28-2012, 03:56 PM
I like this, haters going to hate.....we need some offense our defense is underrated were doing well on D

Hellcrooner
01-28-2012, 03:57 PM
this is the signing that leads us the lottery and World Metta Peace to become " I smacked areans in the head because he is a prick" as his new nama.

The Doctor
01-28-2012, 03:58 PM

Crooner I have came to the conclusion you really are against just about everyone who isn't euro. This possible signing is a perfect example of why... here are the facts.

1. We are in need of scoring. It is no secret we are having trouble even breaking a 100 points lately, adding a player with his scoring ability isn't a bad thing.

2. There aren't too many free agents out there. Who else would you want to sign? Hell, who else is going to sign for the vet minimum?

3. Do you really feel like Fisher and Morris are better than Arenas? We are all aware of his checkered past but how could you honestly be content with what we have? Part of what makes teams like the Lakers great is their willingness to take chances.

4. It's a no lose situation. Are the Lakers in first place? Do we scare other teams anymore as we did just a few years ago? Are we taking valuable playing time from others by this signing? Are we losing anyone? Are we locking in Arenas to a multi year contract for millions?

Bottom line is Crooner as much as you want Calderon or whomever remember I will trust the Lakers GM over mine and your opinion any day. There is a reason Mitch has his position, He has a proven track record. Do we even know if the Raptors would take any of our pieces?

Your love for Euro's is extremely obvious and biased. If your not complaining about one thing its another. For the love of God be happy we are trying something new and not settling for what we have which is obviously not getting it done.

Hellcrooner
01-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Crooner I have came to the conclusion you really are against just about everyone who isn't euro. This possible signing is a perfect example of why... here are the facts.

1. We are in need of scoring. It is no secret we are having trouble even breaking a 100 points lately, adding a player with his scoring ability isn't a bad thing.

2. There aren't too many free agents out there. Who else would you want to sign? Hell, who else is going to sign for the vet minimum?

3. Do you really feel like Fisher and Morris are better than Arenas? We are all aware of his checkered past but how could you honestly be content with what we have? Part of what makes teams like the Lakers great is their willingness to take chances.

4. It's a no lose situation. Are the Lakers in first place? Do we scare other teams anymore as we did just a few years ago? Are we taking valuable playing time from others by this signing? Are we losing anyone? Are we locking in Arenas to a multi year contract for millions?

Bottom line is Crooner as much as you want Calderon or whomever remember I will trust the Lakers GM over mine and your opinion any day. There is a reason Mitch has his position, He has a proven track record. Do we even know if the Raptors would take any of our pieces?

Your love for Euro's is extremely obvious and biased. If your not complaining about one thing its another. For the love of God be happy we are trying something new and not settling for what we have which is obviously not getting it done.

we have a trade exception we could use in some point guard, yep an american one like say Miller who is not happy in denver or ridnour, or hinrich.

we could make a trade for harris, or calderon who are on the block, or go for nash.

all of the aforementioned i would have over arenas

The Doctor
01-28-2012, 04:12 PM
we have a trade exception we could use in some point guard, yep an american one like say Miller who is not happy in denver.

Trades are speculation. You can want Miller all you want but Would Miller want to play here? Would Denver trade him to a Western Conference rival? It reminds me of how everyone a few years ago would always link PJ brown to coming to the Lakers lol. It's easy to play armchair GM when you are sitting behind a computer making 2k12 trades.

IndiansFan337
01-28-2012, 04:14 PM
mo williams

He'd be a great fit, but you have nothing to potentially acquire him. It would take one of your top 3 players and that wouldn't be worthwhile for LAL.

The Doctor
01-28-2012, 04:15 PM
we have a trade exception we could use in some point guard, yep an american one like say Miller who is not happy in denver or ridnour, or hinrich.

we could make a trade for harris, or calderon who are on the block, or go for nash.

Nice edit....anyway I would love those other point guards over Arenas as well. If me and you have thought of it, If you and me would both prefer it, Don't you think Mitch has as well? Just because Mitch doesn't announce every trade attempt to the media doesn't mean he hasn't tried. Fact still remains signing a Arenas is a no lose situation, who's to say we stop looking for a pg by signing him? I'm just happy we are trying to improve.

JNA17
01-28-2012, 04:22 PM

Crooner...

Lakers are not getting Jose Calderon.
Lakers are not getting Rudy Fernandez.
Lakers are not getting Marc Gasol.
And Lakers will probably soon trade Gasol and MAYBE Bynum for Dwight.

Let it go dude. Your bias for europeons is just pure craziness. I'm even starting to think that your racist towards black people with your hatred for Kobe, Bynum, and now Arenas. And god forbid any of us mention Dirk, Dwight, or Love being better then both the Gasol brothers.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-28-2012, 04:24 PM
An upgrade if he's disciplined.

The Doctor
01-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Crooner...

Let it go dude. Your bias for europeons is just pure craziness. I'm even starting to think that your racist towards black people with your hatred for Kobe, Bynum, and now Arenas. And god forbid any of us mention Dirk, Dwight, or Love being better then both the Gasol brothers.

Ill be honest I feel the same. I have lurked in this forum for over a year now and I notice it as well. Now Crooner you may not be, you may not be at all, but it's the impression you give.

Hellcrooner
01-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Crooner...

Dwight is more dominant than the gasols even if less skilled.

Make a trade for some of these black players ( Rose,Lebron, Wade; Durant, Rondo, Howard, Wes Mathews,Igoudala; Duncan ( for cheap), Parker, Chandler, Noah and many others) you wont hear a single complaint.

Make a trade for one of these ( Oj Mayo, Jennings, Wall, Gay, Carmelo, Stoudamire, Z Randolph etc)
and i will complain like hell.

I DONT LIKE CHUKERS, I DONT LIKE BALLHOGS I DONT LIKE ME FIRST PLAYERS.

The Doctor
01-28-2012, 04:31 PM

Make a trade for some of these black players ( Rose,Lebron, Wade; Durant, Rondo, Howard, Wes Mathews,Igoudala; Duncan ( for cheap), Parker, Chandler, Noah and many others) you wont hear a single complaint.

Make a trade for one of these ( Oj Mayo, Jennings, Wall, Gay, Carmelo, Stoudamire, Z Randolph etc)

Excuses are like ****oles.......Everyone has one.

ThunderousDemon
01-28-2012, 04:35 PM
I really wanted to see a Spanish Armada type lineup for the Lakers. We trade Bynum to Memphis for Marc+players and make anoter trade to get Calderon. Just Imagine that Lineup with the Gasol Brothers , the Gasol Brothers dammit!!!
Calderon
Bryant
Barnes
Pau
Marc

The Chemistry!!!! :speechless: :drool:

JNA17
01-28-2012, 04:35 PM

Yet I bet you would have an orgasm if you heard the lakers traded Kobe for Rubio, Bynum for Marc Gasol, and sign Jose Calderon to 4 year 40 mill deal.

Pau Gasol has complained over and over about himself over many things during the off season and now, yet you will agree with every single word he says even when it's wrong. But when Kobe says something, when Rose says something, when Chris Paul calls Gasol soft, your all over them like a dog with rabbies.

Young2Kinsler
01-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Are they going to play with 2 basketballs so he and Kobe both get enough shots off?

ThunderousDemon
01-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Are they going to play with 2 basketballs so he and Kobe both get enough shots off?

lol

JNA17
01-28-2012, 04:38 PM
I really wanted to see a Spanish Armada type lineup for the Lakers. We trade Bynum to Memphis for Marc+players and make anoter trade to get Calderon. Just Imagine that Lineup with the Gasol Brothers , the Gasol Brothers dammit!!!
Calderon
Bryant
Barnes
Pau
Marc

The Chemistry!!!! :speechless: :drool:

No crooner would hate that. You need to replace Kobe with Rudy Fernandez and Barnes with a white guy from the raptors. Or better yet, they get Marc and Pau's younger brother that's currently playin in spain and put him at SF.

Hellcrooner
01-28-2012, 04:41 PM
No crooner would hate that. You need to replace Kobe with Rudy Fernandez and Barnes with a white guy from the raptors. Or better yet, they get Marc and Pau's younger brother that's currently playin in spain and put him at SF.

Its still unclear if Adria Gasol is going to be a player or not.

He wont be a Sf tough....dude is 6,7 at 15 years old so he will probably be as tall as his brothers ( he is skinny so he will be more pau than marc).

http://media.lavozdegalicia.es/default/2011/04/19/0012_201104G19P42F1/Foto/G19P42F1.jpg

C-Style
:laugh2: @ u thinking Arenas getting over 10 shots per game

LakersMaster24
PG: Ricky Rubio
SG: Juan Carlos Navarro
SF: Rudy Fernandez
PF: Pau Gasol
C: Marc Gasol

6th Man: Jose Calderon

:drool: Crooner's wet dream.

ThunderousDemon
01-28-2012, 04:42 PM

All three of the Gasol Brothers playing together!!!! :speechless: :worthy: :drool: :jumpy: :win: :pray: :cheers: :hi5: :speechless:

JNA17
01-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Its still unclear if Adria Gasol is going to be a player or not.

He wont be a Sf tough....dude is 6,7 at 15 years old so he will probably be as tall as his brothers ( he is skinny so he will be more pau than marc).

You would know that. :laugh:

Hellcrooner
01-28-2012, 04:44 PM
You would know that. :laugh:

I guess you will know bout the H.S prospects in your city/county/State :confused:

Hellcrooner
01-28-2012, 04:45 PM
All three of the Gasol Brothers playing together!!!! :speechless: :worthy: :drool: :jumpy: :win: :pray: :cheers: :hi5: :speechless:

Pau will be retired when/IF ( big if) adria gets to the league. we are talking 5 to 7 years in the future.

LakersMaster24
01-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Adria even looks like Pau face wise. I put it down that the first NBA team he plays for will be Memphis :p

JNA17
01-28-2012, 04:46 PM
PG: Ricky Rubio
SG: Juan Carlos Navarro
SF: Rudy Fernandez
PF: Pau Gasol
C: Marc Gasol

6th Man: Jose Calderon

:drool: Crooner's wet dream.

HOLY CRAP Navarro! I forgot about him! That guy was a stud in the 2008 Olympics. :laugh2:

But yeah wow, that would be the white team of all time! XD

JNA17
01-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Almost 200 people, you know Arenas is good when this many people care about a signing like this, or they just love seeing some crooner XD.

Bullsfan22
01-28-2012, 04:49 PM
This would be a good pick up. Rebirth of agent 0 in LA, sounds good to me. I still believe he's a scorer and could possibly add that scoring punch the Lakers seem to be missing.

LakersMaster24
01-28-2012, 04:51 PM
I think Arenas is a good signing. Low risk...just vets minimum.

JNA17
01-28-2012, 04:52 PM
I guess you will know bout the H.S prospects in your city/county/State :confused:

In my state? Hell no. Connecticut never has anybody good and I don't pay attention to H.S. Prospects unless there blasted all over sports media.

Hellcrooner
01-28-2012, 04:52 PM
HOLY CRAP Navarro! I forgot about him! That guy was a stud in the 2008 Olympics. :laugh2:

But yeah wow, that would be the white team of all time! XD

If you want to do it do it right.

Rubio :Wolves
Navarro: Ex Grizz
Rudy: Nuggets
Pau : Lakers
Marc : Grizz

Calderon : Raptors
Llul : Rockets Rights.( probably next year)
Claver: Blazers rights ( Probably next year)
Mirotic : Bulls rights ( 2/3 years till he signs)
Ibaka : Thunder

Garbajosa: Ex-Raptors
Raul Lopez : Ex Jazz.
Sergio Rodriguez : Ex Blazers/Kings/Knicks
Fran Vazquez :Orlando rights ( its next year or never, he is a F.a).
Pablo Aguilar : ( will be in next draft).

Thats a playoff team in the east for sure.

btw id take team spains bench over lakers banch 10 times out of 10

Reyes6
01-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Arenas? I'd be surprised if he could shoot over 35% and average 4 or more assists a game as a starter.

Sadly, that's probably an upgrade over Fisher.

Slimsim
01-28-2012, 04:57 PM
and NY remain loyal to bibby

JNA17
01-28-2012, 04:58 PM
If you want to do it do it right.

Rubio :Wolves
Navarro: Ex Grizz
Rudy: Nuggets
Pau : Lakers
Marc : Grizz

Calderon : Raptors
Llul : Rockets Rights.( probably next year)
Claver: Blazers rights ( Probably next year)
Mirotic : Bulls rights ( 2/3 years till he signs)
Ibaka : Thunder

Garbajosa: Ex-Raptors
Raul Lopez : Ex Jazz.
Sergio Rodriguez : Ex Blazers/Kings/Knicks
Fran Vazquez :Orlando rights ( its next year or never, he is a F.a).
Pablo Aguilar : ( will be in next draft).

Thats a playoff team in the east for sure.

Now that is the honest crooner I know and love :laugh:

Although I don't believe the Ibaka part for a second but otherwise that is a damn good list. :cool:

Hellcrooner
01-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Now that is the honest crooner I know and love :laugh:

Although I don't believe the Ibaka part for a second but otherwise that is a damn good list. :cool:

http://ecodiario.eleconomista.es/imag/_v2/ecodiario/deportes/225x250/Ibaka-rp-espana-2011-efe.jpg
Its a fact, he has an spanish passport and plays for spain.

Cromedome
01-28-2012, 05:03 PM
If he plays better than Baron Davis then someone in the Knicks front office needs to be shot.

Gritz
01-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Hurry up and sign him before I get mad

JasonJohnHorn
01-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Its worth a shot.

Hellcrooner
01-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Its worth a shot.

Pun intended ?:D

todu82
01-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Provided Arenas is well-behaved this would be a good move for the Lakers. Arenas would give them another good scoring option.

JNA17
01-28-2012, 05:45 PM
http://ecodiario.eleconomista.es/imag/_v2/ecodiario/deportes/225x250/Ibaka-rp-espana-2011-efe.jpg
Its a fact, he has an spanish passport and plays for spain.

Oh snap. I Stand corrected :D

RLundi
01-28-2012, 06:38 PM

:clap: for finally setting the record straight.

jiggin
01-28-2012, 06:43 PM
why would they want this cancer of a player? seriously...are they that desperate?

how is he going to work with Peace in the same lineup? How is Kobe going to handle a guy with this much "personality"...

I think this would be a bad signing for them...and I bet its in the newspapers and headlines by end of the season with an "incident" or two.

Monta is beast
01-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Pick him up in my fantasy league?

steven123l
01-28-2012, 07:13 PM
lets also bring in javaris crittenton

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-28-2012, 07:19 PM
stevekylerNBA Steve Kyler
RT @scotthansen81: at what percent, does Gilbert sign with the Lakers??? ---> up to Gilbert, he is talking like its gonna happen.
1 hour ago

Hawkamania
01-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Low risk, potentially high reward move for Lakers if it comes to be.

Bruno
01-28-2012, 07:27 PM
id rather LAL pays the chinese league for the rights to JR, but arenas is low risk, high reward. if he's ineffective or a problem, he rides the bench or is released. if he finds motivation, he could work out well.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-28-2012, 08:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd26XA9xYdw&feature=player_embedded#!

Arenas 2011 Summer Workout, Trained by Tim Grover (MJ's former trainer and currently Kobe's trainer)

yankeefan54
01-28-2012, 09:52 PM
He wentfrom really good to really bad very fast. Arenas metta world peace on one team and the team is the lakers wow.

Hellcrooner
01-28-2012, 10:01 PM
He wentfrom really good to really bad very fast. Arenas metta world peace on one team and the team is the lakers wow.

he was never good.

Only an overated chucker.

Angelus™
01-29-2012, 02:10 AM
I think he'd be worth the risk considering what the Lakers have at that position

championships
01-29-2012, 02:40 AM
Well,

He is better than anything we have now :shrug:

It's just that kind of year I guess :sigh:

cutiepie80
01-29-2012, 02:52 AM
Couldn't do any worse. Matt Barnes is garbage, so is metta/fisher/blake or anyone else they put in the game besides Kobe, Gasol and Bynum. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

LakersSaintsLSU
01-29-2012, 03:08 AM
Couldn't do any worse. Matt Barnes is garbage, so is metta/fisher/blake or anyone else they put in the game besides Kobe, Gasol and Bynum. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

:clap:

JabberJaw
01-29-2012, 03:10 AM
he was never good.

Only an overated chucker.

Arenas: 21 ppg, 5 assists, 4 rebs, 1.5 steals, 80% ft, 42% fg, 35% 3pt, 16 fga per game

Calderon: 10 ppg, 7 assists, 2 rebs, 0.9 steals, 87% ft, 48% fg, 38% 3pt

You sit here and endorse Calderon and blast Arenas but Arenas has clearly had a better career. Arenas scores twice as many points, twice as many rebs, nearly twice in steals, while dishing 2 less dimes and shooting at a slightly lower % (both being a product of being option #1 on bad teams). Arenas could be had for vet minimum, Calderon for 11 million a season. Hmmmm...who's the overrated one in this scenario? I'll take the guy that gives his teams more production for less money.

purplehaze89
01-29-2012, 03:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd26XA9xYdw&feature=player_embedded#!

Arenas 2011 Summer Workout, Trained by Tim Grover (MJ's former trainer and currently Kobe's trainer)

2011 summer workout my ***. LMAO. That was from 2009. I hope the Lakers get this guy. I really do. LMAO.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-29-2012, 03:24 AM
2011 summer workout my ***. LMAO. That was from 2009. I hope the Lakers get this guy. I really do. LMAO.

I honestly didn't know that, I just saw the year it was posted, and it said 2011. My bad.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-29-2012, 03:31 AM
http://www.latimes.com/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20120129,0,4829719.story?track=latiphoneapp

Meanwhile, the Lakers are discussing internally whether to pursue free-agent guard Gilbert Arenas, though they haven't invited him for a workout and are leaning toward not signing him.

**** You Mitch and Jim! :mad: :facepalm:

Jenceman
01-29-2012, 03:36 AM
Arenas: 21 ppg, 5 assists, 4 rebs, 1.5 steals, 80% ft, 42% fg, 35% 3pt, 16 fga per game

You sit here and endorse Calderon and blast Arenas but Arenas has clearly had a better career. Arenas scores twice as many points, twice as many rebs, nearly twice in steals, while dishing 2 less dimes and shooting at a slightly lower % (both being a product of being option #1 on bad teams). Arenas could be had for vet minimum, Calderon for 11 million a season. Hmmmm...who's the overrated one in this scenario? I'll take the guy that gives his teams more production for less money.

You're just flat out wrong. 6% difference in FG% isn't a small difference either, thats huge. Either way, Gilbert would most likely be a band-aid, while Calderon would be a real solution to all the Lakers problems. Much better passer and shooter, exactly what the Lakers need.

MetroMan
01-29-2012, 03:54 AM
Gil is washed up. His in the same category as tmac,roy(before retirement)

Hellcrooner
01-29-2012, 04:18 AM

1 how bout we tell magic to unretire and play for us? his stats are much better than arenas....o wait he is worn out, so its Arenas, check his stats LAST YEAR , compare THAT stats to joses, better yet compare that stats to this years of jose.

2 jose has never been the first option on his team, in fact he started being a bench player, and since then he has been 3/4th option in offense

3 not to mention he has much better fg% and we better not enter advanced stats territory-

LakersIn5
01-29-2012, 04:22 AM
sign arenas already.

Kaspa
01-29-2012, 05:15 AM
What The **** Is Taking So Long???

shep33
01-29-2012, 05:23 AM
What The **** Is Taking So Long???

According to the LA times, Mitch and Jim are rethinking it and an article posted by KB-Pau-DH-2012 says that its unlikey to come true....

So looks like no Arenas guys

Lakers + Giants
01-29-2012, 05:25 AM
I was at the game when he scored 60 on the lakers. Since then he's sucked. . .

conway429
01-29-2012, 05:33 AM

worst argument ever.
good luck getting that production from gilbert

BigSmooth24
01-29-2012, 05:57 AM
sorry but calderon is the last thing the lakers need. As I am in the Raptors market I get to watch Calderon get blown by every game off the dribble. TERRIBLE DEFENDER is passing is not worth the weakness on the other end

Hellcrooner
01-29-2012, 01:06 PM
sorry but calderon is the last thing the lakers need. As I am in the Raptors market I get to watch Calderon get blown by every game off the dribble. TERRIBLE DEFENDER is passing is not worth the weakness on the other end

we have fisher.

He is worse attacking, AND deffending.

Go figure.

beliges
01-29-2012, 01:26 PM

The Lakers front office threw this season away the second they gave away LO for nothing. The talent level on this team is just sad at this point. This is the first time Ive seen the Lakers throw away a season in order to save money. Im not sure what direction this team is intending on heading but right now this team is a joke.