PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Looking For Trade Suitors For Chris Kaman

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Gordon out with a knee contusion and no contract extension, Kaman being shelved so that young guys can get more playing time (and being shopped around), Aminu has had little to no impact for the Hornets.

So essentially, it was CP3 for a future 1st rd pick. :facepalm:

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
There's no deal in place, I'm reliably told, but Hornets have effectively shelved Chris Kaman until they can find trade home for him

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Kaman not with team tonight w/Hornets playing host to Orlando. Coach Monty Williams tells reporters Kaman shelved so youngsters can get PT

GoPacers33
01-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Pacers?

bigsams50
01-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Does his contract expire after this year?

LTBaByyy
01-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Expiring contract? Come play with your German teammate Dirk!!!!

We will give you Lamar Odom, dude sucks.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-27-2012, 08:50 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
To repeat: Sources close to situation stress that no deal for Kaman pending, but Hornets are actively looking to move center's expiring deal

bigsams50
01-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Kaman for Diaw!

J4KOP99
01-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Stern struck gold with that deal...

But Stern did get a star player on a big market team. The Lakers are already the Lakers, Stern wanted to get the Clippers going too.

BallIsAll
01-27-2012, 09:11 PM
To the nuggets for Chris Anderson and al Harrington? :)

dhopisthename
01-27-2012, 09:17 PM
gordon is still going to be restricted and the deal they got is way better then the one from the lakers

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-27-2012, 09:21 PM
gordon is still going to be restricted and the deal they got is way better then the one from the lakers

Please explain to me how it is way better. Aminu hasn't done anything and Gordon is going to have knee problems for basically the rest of his career. He had major knee issues last year as well when he was with the Clippers. Kaman is just an expiring. And if Minnesota somehow makes the #8 seed this yr, that Minnesota pick will go to waste essentially. Long-term, Hornets get crap in return for talent.

TRF929
01-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Spurs, as they've been wanting him for a couple years now

Cal827
01-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Isn't it funny that they'll esentially get back what the Cavs got back for Lebron or the Raptors for Bosh. In fact in the Raptor deal, they also got a late first round pick and a SF project (traded the other first rounder to Chicago for James Johnson).

David Stern doesn't know what the hell he's doing lol

utl768
01-27-2012, 09:40 PM
buy him out so he can sign with miami

he would start in miami

Silent
01-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Please explain to me how it is way better. Aminu hasn't done anything and Gordon is going to have knee problems for basically the rest of his career. He had major knee issues last year as well when he was with the Clippers. Kaman is just an expiring. And if Minnesota somehow makes the #8 seed this yr, that Minnesota pick will go to waste essentially. Long-term, Hornets get crap in return for talent.

1 Cap Space 12 mill expiring from Kaman should net theme good potential or picks

2 Aminu just needs time to learn the system

3 Eric Gordon is better then anything u where offering that's just a damm fact

4 they got a draft pick in a very deep draft

mavwar53
01-27-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm sure the warriors will be interested just like they are interested in any decent big man.

Giraffes Rule
01-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Don't see how the Spurs match up as a trade partner. I'm sure they'd love to have him, but they don't have the contracts to make a trade work.

HouRealCoach
01-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Atl, SA, Bos, Dal, & Mil could all use him

Hawkamania
01-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Should be interesting to see if Kaman ends up going anywhere. If for no other than reason than the fact that the Hornets should have no qualms in keeping him if they can't get a deal that makes sense for them when considering he's in the last year of his contract.

GunFactor187
01-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Come back home to Michigan!!!!

Pierzynski4Prez
01-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Gordon out with a knee contusion and no contract extension, Kaman being shelved so that young guys can get more playing time (and being shopped around), Aminu has had little to no impact for the Hornets.

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
There's no deal in place, I'm reliably told, but Hornets have effectively shelved Chris Kaman until they can find trade home for him

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Kaman not with team tonight w/Hornets playing host to Orlando. Coach Monty Williams tells reporters Kaman shelved so youngsters can get PT

Essentially it was Paul for the 1st round pick, Gordon, Aminu, and whatever they get for Kaman.

Ezio
01-27-2012, 11:09 PM
ATL or they can get involved as a 3rd team for whoever trades for Howard.

Celtics33
01-27-2012, 11:10 PM
I'll welcome Kaman to Boston.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2012, 11:27 PM

Kaman sucks anyways

Celtics33
01-27-2012, 11:31 PM
Kaman sucks anyways

He doesn't suck. He's still a solid post player and is still a presence on defense. He's just not in New Orleans future.

Cracka2HI!
01-27-2012, 11:33 PM

This is like a Chris Paul lob! Where do I start disecting this load? Oh yea the easiest and most fabricated part. Gordon missed a total of ZERO games last year with knee problems. He missed over 20 games with 2 seperate wrist injuires. To say he's injury prone is true, but please explain to me how he had "major knee problems" last year? :laugh2:

Why would the owners of the rest of the teams who are paying the Hornets palyers contracts make a trade that does not help them one bit in the present or future and adds a butt load of salary? Atleast with the Clipper deal they shed salary, picked up 2 very good young players and what looked like a sure top 5 pick. The real reason the Laker trade was vetoed is because there was no reason for New Orleans with no owner to pick up the salaries of Martin and Scola. You have basically written off Gordon as a bust because of 1 injury yet Martin has had an even harder time staying healthy and is 5 years older. :facepalm:

Like someone else said, they can match for Gordon, have an extra pick that still may end up in the lottery, Aminu, and $12 million coming off the books. Explain to me how that is Paul for a future 1st?

Fresno
01-27-2012, 11:40 PM
This is like a Chris Paul lob! Where do I start disecting this load? Oh yea the easiest and most fabricated part. Gordon missed a total of ZERO games last year with knee problems. He missed over 20 games with 2 seperate wrist injuires. To say he's injury prone is true, but please explain to me how he had "major knee problems" last year? :laugh2:

Why would the owners of the rest of the teams who are paying the Hornets palyers contracts make a trade that does not help them one bit in the present or future and adds a butt load of salary? Atleast with the Clipper deal they shed salary, picked up 2 very good young players and what looked like a sure top 5 pick. The real reason the Laker trade was vetoed is because there was no reason for New Orleans with no owner to pick up the salaries of Martin and Scola. You have basically written off Gordon as a bust because of 1 injury yet Martin has had an even harder time staying healthy and is 5 years older. :facepalm:

Like someone else said, they can match for Gordon, have an extra pick that still may end up in the lottery, Aminu, and $12 million coming off the books. Explain to me how that is Paul for a future 1st?

The only problem I see for New Orleans is that Eric Gordon wants the same contract that Kevin Love or Russell Westbrook got.

He wanted 4/$60 Million and David Stern(serving as Hornets owner) wouldn't commit to that, which is why hes going to be a Free Agent.

What happens for example when Eric Gordon hits Free Agency and gets that type of "pay for potential" offer from Indiana, Boston, or Brooklyn? Stern doesn't have any attachment to the Hornets and he will still sell the Hornets with or without Gordon.

TomahawkChop 10
01-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Hawks should be really interested. Horford just went down for basicly the season, so Atlanta will need a legit center (Zaza doens't count)

reffahead
01-27-2012, 11:56 PM
Hornets - Trade exception, Lakers first round pick
Hawks - Kaman
Lakers - Hinrich

Everybody's happy more or less.

dhopisthename
01-27-2012, 11:58 PM

how is gordon going to have knee problems the rest of his career? and don't forget that they will have their own pick for this year so they will get something good for that which they could not have done if they had gotten the laker package or kept paul

TomahawkChop 10
01-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Hawks - Kaman
Lakers - Hinrich

Bingo. Teague has assumed the starting PG role this year and has shown why he should continue to be the starter. I'm happy with this deal. Hornets might be getting screwed over in this deal though

bholly
01-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Hawks - Kaman
Lakers - Hinrich

except the Hawks would have to give up a few million more to get the salaries to work.

Spacolie716
01-28-2012, 12:03 AM
I guarentee the Bucks will be looking for a C since Bogut broke his ankle. we'll give you Illysova and Udrih for Kamen and a future 2nd rounder

knicks=love
01-28-2012, 12:06 AM
jeremy lin/balkman (take your pick) for kaman :up:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Kaman sucks anyways[/QUOTE]

He doesn't suck. He's still a solid post player and is still a presence on defense. He's just not in New Orleans future.[/QUOTE]

he's a blackhole

Giraffes Rule
01-28-2012, 12:17 AM
Hawks - Kaman
Lakers - Hinrich

This is not how trade exceptions work.

RaiderKid318
01-28-2012, 12:23 AM

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

Seeing as we will get a first for kaman and have 3 picks in this draft I think we are doing pretty damn good.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-28-2012, 12:25 AM
My mistake on mislabeling Gordon's injury from last season. But as you can see, different injuries are making the guy miss several games early on in his career. I understand the knee contusion, but in general, he seems like a guy who everytime he has some sort of injury, he won't be one of those guys that can play through them. I don't know, I'd just be wary if I'm the Hornets and banking on Eric Gordon as the future franchise guy.

beasted86
01-28-2012, 12:27 AM

Because of a bone bruise? He hasn't even had 1 knee surgery ever.

But I didn't expect you to make any sense anyhow.

bholly
01-28-2012, 12:30 AM
This is not how trade exceptions work.

Depends what he meant. If he meant the Hornets would get the Lakers' TPE then no, it isn't how they work. But I think he just meant the Hornets would get a TPE from sending out Kaman and not taking money back, which is absolutely right.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-28-2012, 12:42 AM

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

:rolleyes:

Gordon will still be with the Hornets for at least 3 more years when he signs his extension in the offseason.

Aminu was a role player which he is.

Kaman can get someone good.

And that pick can be a star player.

Are the Hornets still dumb for doing that over Odom, Scola and Martin?

Cracka2HI!
01-28-2012, 12:45 AM
My mistake on mislabeling Gordon's injury from last season. But as you can see, different injuries are making the guy miss several games early on in his career. I understand the knee contusion, but in general, he seems like a guy who everytime he has some sort of injury, he won't be one of those guys that can play through them. I don't know, I'd just be wary if I'm the Hornets and banking on Eric Gordon as the future franchise guy.Ok but the rest of post was complete rubish too, care to defend the rest of it? What about the part that a 28 year old Kevin Martin already making what Gordon is asking for, after proving over many years to be even more injury prone than Gordon a better player? You're description of the Lakers trade was New Orleans getting All-Star type players with no flaws that would have made them a playoff team? Is that not correct?

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-28-2012, 12:46 AM
:rolleyes:

Gordon will still be with the Hornets for at least 3 more years when he signs his extension in the offseason.

Aminu was a role player which he is.

Kaman can get someone good.

And that pick can be a star player.

Are the Hornets still dumb for doing that over Odom, Scola and Martin?

Odom, Scola, Martin and Dragic are good pieces that can be used in a 3-way deal to acquire a legit superstar that NOH could have build around.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-28-2012, 12:46 AM
But I didn't expect you to make any sense anyhow.

Easy there fella. :)

mavwar53
01-28-2012, 12:51 AM
Odom, Scola, Martin and Dragic are good pieces that can be used in a 3-way deal to acquire a legit superstar that NOH could have build around.

Those players will never net you a superstar for one, that is why it wasn't allowed for Paul, also the Hornets were never looking for a star they were looking for good Young talent.

tadmanny
01-28-2012, 12:52 AM
the warriors need him. If they had ANY post presence they would be pretty good. A playoff team for sure. They pretty much play 4 on 5 with Biedrins out there. That guy blows.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-28-2012, 01:00 AM
Those players will never net you a superstar for one, that is why it wasn't allowed for Paul, also the Hornets were never looking for a star they were looking for good Young talent.

They can be used in separate deals to acquire at the very least all-star caliber players??

bholly
01-28-2012, 01:01 AM
the warriors need him. If they had ANY post presence they would be pretty good. A playoff team for sure. They pretty much play 4 on 5 with Biedrins out there. That guy blows.

Huge shame they wasted their amnesty or they could probably cut Biedrins and actually work out a pretty good Kaman deal.

tadmanny
01-28-2012, 01:05 AM
I know. I have no idea why they didn't do it. They "wanted him to turn into the player of old." Us fans have been waiting for that for the last 3+ years. We used it on Charlie Bell and then gave Kwame 7 million for the year. Am I missing something here? It is either pure retardation or there is something wrong with me. How you can call yourself a professional GM and make those kind of moves is absolute atrocity. It's a joke. Getting Kaman could put the Warriors into the playoffs. If he doesn't make that move, he should be fired or the owners should go **** themselves.

Gritz
01-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Smh...

Damn david stern...

just damn

Raps08-09 Champ
01-28-2012, 01:07 AM

Who'd actually take aging, large contract veterans for a legit star?

Taking a young player with star potential is better than banking on another trade.

Gritz
01-28-2012, 01:11 AM
I know. I have no idea why they didn't do it. They "wanted him to turn into the player of old." Us fans have been waiting for that for the last 3+ years. We used it on Charlie Bell and then gave Kwame 7 million for the year. Am I missing something here? It is either pure retardation or there is something wrong with me. How you can call yourself a professional GM and make those kind of moves is absolute atrocity. It's a joke. Getting Kaman could put the Warriors into the playoffs. If he doesn't make that move, he should be fired or the owners should go **** themselves.

Me and my dad had a good laugh when we seen Kwame was signed to a 1 year $7 million deal. I remember when he played for the Lakers, couldn't stand him. Stephen A summed him up best.

Also I don't know how you just go out and grab ex-player with no coaching experience whatsoever and insert him in as head coach

Its moves like that I don't feel as bad that the Lakers haven't made any major changes

Gritz
01-28-2012, 01:13 AM
Who'd actually take aging, large contract veterans for a legit star?

In all fairness to answer your question...

The Hornets.

At least until Stern came in

Chicagofaithful
01-28-2012, 01:15 AM
i have always said it and ill say it again, Chris Kaman is underrated. He needs to stay healthy, but if he can he is a hell of an option on offense and can block alot of shots. Put him on a team that uses him correctly and he will average 18-12 with 2.5 blocks a game

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-28-2012, 01:16 AM
i have always said it and ill say it again, Chris Kaman is underrated. He needs to stay healthy, but if he can he is a hell of an option on offense and can block alot of shots. Put him on a team that uses him correctly and he will average 18-12 with 2.5 blocks a game

If this was 2005-06, I'd agree with you. But I think injuries the last 2-3 yrs have got to take a toll on him and his productivity??

RC3
01-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Chris kaman for tyson chandler :). I think numbers match. Can make knicks players for free agency. LMao

Raps08-09 Champ
01-28-2012, 01:23 AM
In all fairness to answer your question...

The Hornets.

At least until Stern came in

Outside of the Hornets, who else is stupid to take that deal?

We all know Hornets GM is a dumbass. Just like Otis is a dumbass.

TEECOOP
01-28-2012, 01:27 AM
eric gordon is not better then kevin martin

Sadds The Gr8
01-28-2012, 01:27 AM
please trade him. my fantasy team needs it

Raps08-09 Champ
01-28-2012, 01:30 AM
eric gordon is not better then kevin martin

If Gordon projects to his prime, he is.

He's pretty equal to Martin right now.

Gritz
01-28-2012, 01:33 AM
Outside of the Hornets, who else is stupid to take that deal?

We all know Hornets GM is a dumbass. Just like Otis is a dumbass.

Memphis

SluggeR
01-28-2012, 01:35 AM
ATL: Kaman/Vasquez or 2nd rd

NO: Hinrich/Pachulia

Pat Thetic
01-28-2012, 01:36 AM

Eric Gordon, c'mon.

Last year he averaged 22ppg on 17fga; undoubtedly the fga's will increase being that there is no Blake Griffin. I think it is hard to argue that Eric Gordon won't average 25 a game with the increased volume (very consistent 45% shooter) and maturity in his game. He is worth more than Luis Scola and Kevin Martin - and I like both of their games though Kevin's in very, very one dimensional and Luis is +30.

Eric's knew isn't really that big of a worry - it's not structural.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-28-2012, 01:38 AM
Memphis

What star do they have that's s much better than Gordon?

Gay is arguable but Gordon is younger and can grow better.

Cracka2HI!
01-28-2012, 01:46 AM
They can be used in separate deals to acquire at the very least all-star caliber players??Uhh, Kaman can be traded by himself and Eric Gordon landed Chris Paul. Are you actually going to try to defend you horrible post or not? Who is going to trade for the CONTRACTS of Martin and Scola!?!?

Gritz
01-28-2012, 02:08 AM
What star do they have that's s much better than Gordon?

Gay is arguable but Gordon is younger and can grow better.

I was saying because they gave Pau away for what seemed to be nothing when they traded him away

So when you say when you said who else is dumb enough, I named Memphis because they already proved it (However in their situation they didn't trade for veterans)

FriedTofuz
01-28-2012, 02:10 AM
Not at all, they will match any offer gordon gets offered. They are trading the expiring contract to obtain a servicable player.

Cracka2HI!
01-28-2012, 02:12 AM
As bad as the OP made himself look in this thread the Lakers really did make a decent deal. WTF was Houston thinking? I can see giving up most of you team for Paul, but for Gasol? Don't get me wrong he's good, but he's old and disappers in the playoffs every year. I also don't blame Laker fans for thinking they will always get their man. Until Chris Paul they always did.

The_Jamal
01-28-2012, 02:18 AM
As bad as the OP made himself look in this thread the Lakers really did make a decent deal. WTF was Houston thinking? I can see giving up most of you team for Paul, but for Gasol? Don't get me wrong he's good, but he's old and disappers in the playoffs every year. I also don't blame Laker fans for thinking they will always get their man. Until Chris Paul they always did.

How soon people forget Pau was the best player in the playoffs on two championship teams

Bruno
01-28-2012, 02:29 AM
i wonder if Miami will make an offer.

Bruno
01-28-2012, 02:30 AM
How soon people forget Pau was the best player in the playoffs on two championship teams

go check the numbers from 2009 and get back to me. 2010 is debatable between kobe and pau, 2009 was not.

3mikee_
01-28-2012, 03:14 AM
Man I don't get why they don't just stick him in at pf..the guy can play ball. The few games he's started he's looked really good except for that o for ten performance. Hope he lands with a good team.

shep33
01-28-2012, 03:47 AM
Too lazy to check if it was already mentioned, but Woj said the asking price for Kaman was too high according to a GM. Hornets wanted a draft pick (1st pick), plus young players I think is what woj said... lol too tired go to his twitter page and read it

astrosmaniac
01-28-2012, 03:57 AM

because they were going to then sign nene or marc to a deal. even if they missed on those and ended up with dalembert like they did, are you going to say

lowry/lee/parson/pau/dalembert

is so much worse than

lowry/martin/parson/scola/dalembert?

cause lee's ability to be a 2 way player pretty much evens out martin's offensive advantage. plus you upgrade at PF. the difference between pau and scola> the difference between lee and martin. would losing dragic hurt? yea, but i mean you are talking about your backup PG. you dont turn down that deal because you are concerned about your backup PG...

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-28-2012, 04:17 AM
Guys, I really think you're being tough on the OP. Give the guy a break, sheesh! ;)

Cracka2HI!
01-28-2012, 04:26 AM
How soon people forget Pau was the best player in the playoffs on two championship teams I don't remeber that. Most my friends and my dad and brother are Laker fans and most of them HATE Gasol. He sucked in the playoffs last year. That I can remember. He just kicked my Clippers arse and punked CP3 tho, I will admit that.

because they were going to then sign nene or marc to a deal. even if they missed on those and ended up with dalembert like they did, are you going to say

lowry/lee/parson/pau/dalembert

is so much worse than

lowry/martin/parson/scola/dalembert?

cause lee's ability to be a 2 way player pretty much evens out martin's offensive advantage. plus you upgrade at PF. the difference between pau and scola> the difference between lee and martin. would losing dragic hurt? yea, but i mean you are talking about your backup PG. you dont turn down that deal because you are concerned about your backup PG...

I don't think so. They are 11-8, should have kept Chuck Hayes. Houston just always seems to do well no matter who they have. I do admit you make good points tho.

Mr_Amaziing
01-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Okc gets Kaman
Hornetd gets Mohammed, Cook, 2nd rounder

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2012, 11:40 AM
I guarentee the Bucks will be looking for a C since Bogut broke his ankle. we'll give you Illysova and Udrih for Kamen and a future 2nd rounderYeah as a Bucks fan with Bogut out. I can see the owner still try salvage the season. I could see Bucks offer Delfino,Beno,Ersan for Kaman. Maybe Bucks can even toss in a second rounder if needed. lol But I wouldn't part with our first though. Delfino and Ersan are expiring and Beno has a player option next year.

DR_1
01-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Trade him to the Wolves, who really need a C, for a prospect like Wesley Johnson. Win-win

tyfreaks brotha
01-28-2012, 12:55 PM
John Salmons, John Salmons, John Salmons! :pray::pray:

beliges
01-28-2012, 02:06 PM

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

Well, the CP3 deal wasnt exactly what was best for the Hornets. Obviously they were going to get a much better deal with the Lakers trade, thats why the GM and everyone else signed off. It was the league and the rest of the owners that prevented the deal and the next best thing was to get a mediocre package from the Clippers involving Gordon and crap. I dont get how anyone expected any of those players to remain on the Hornets. Gordon is a solid player, outside of him, nobody else in that deal was good. Hell, even Gordon is not an all-star quality player, but a solid player nontheless. This is no surprise to me.

allknowing
01-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Too lazy to check if it was already mentioned, but Woj said the asking price for Kaman was too high according to a GM. Hornets wanted a draft pick (1st pick), plus young players I think is what woj said... lol too tired go to his twitter page and read it

If that is true, then New Orleans is Nuts! No team is gonna come close to giving that for a soon-to-be free agent who is too Injury-prone to offer the kinda new contract that Kaman and his agent are demanding. I have heard that Kaman wants a new deal starting at 12-14 million a year for 5 years. That is down right Crazy. To me he is nothing more then a MLE player. And since Kaman will have the power to just walk away from whoever trades for him after this short season, no WAY will that team offer up anything of real value...NO WAY!! :facepalm:

Kutchie03
01-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Kaman for Diaw!

why the hell would you trade for expiring contracts? the bobcats are the worst team in the league and won't attract any big free agents over the next handful of years

bigsams50
01-28-2012, 04:11 PM
why the hell would you trade for expiring contracts? the bobcats are the worst team in the league and won't attract any big free agents over the next handful of years

Diaws an expiring contract :confused:

JasonJohnHorn
01-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Miami and Dallas are the best options for Kaman. He can make both those team much better. Question is, does either of them have much to offer?

gbrl
01-28-2012, 10:07 PM
glad to see the pacers are interested in him as we need a backup to hibbert but they want too much for him

Mudvayne91
01-28-2012, 10:33 PM
To the nuggets for Chris Anderson and al Harrington? :)

I honestly would rather keep Harrington to be honest. He's been one of our best players so far.