PDA

View Full Version : Which teams do you see trying to trade for Pau?

Hellcrooner
01-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Lakers want to trade him, they tried two times, one at draft day one on the Paul fiasco.

Magic is demmanding both pau and Bynum but would be in their best interest to make it a three way where they get youngsters or picks and pau goes to other team.

There have been week rumours bout Warriors, Bulls, Raptrs, Wolves having expressed some interest.

Boston could be interested in sending one of the expirings too.

So.Who do you think making a play for him?

shep33
01-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Pau has been quietly good this year as always. Yeah his ppg are down, but that's mostly to do with Bynum getting 5+ more shots per game. Pau can easily average 20 and 10 with most other teams. Consider that he's averaging 16.2 and 9.4 rpg and we still don't know what the hell we're doing with Brown's offense, I'd say he's been pretty good. He and his brother are the two best passing big men in the NBA.

Now... to the question lol. If LA gets a pg without giving up one of their big 3... I think he stays. LA can use it's TPE or 2 first rounders to get someone of pretty decent value if they had to.

However if they struggle, I can see him moving. Too early to say what teams though. I'm sure the Knicks or Bulls would do a Boozer or STAT for Gasol deal in a heartbeat. Obviously LA wouldn't though.

Jays Claw
01-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Gasol won't be coming over to Toronto. The Raps have a plethora of bigs (Amir, Davis, Magloire, Gray, Bargs, & Valanciunas coming over next season) and simply don't have any room for Gasol even if a package of Amir/Davis+ is going to LA.

Hellcrooner
01-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Gasol won't be coming over to Toronto. The Raps have a plethora of bigs (Amir, Davis, Magloire, Gray, Bargs, & Valanciunas coming over next season) and simply don't have any room for Gasol even if a package of Amir/Davis+ is going to LA.

the rumour, had bargnani goign lakes.

Jays Claw
01-27-2012, 05:35 PM
the rumour, had bargnani goign lakes.

Yeah, no way BC trades Bargs the way he's been playing.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Lakers want to trade him, they tried two times, one at draft day one on the Paul fiasco.

Magic is demmanding both pau and Bynum but would be in their best interest to make it a three way where they get youngsters or picks and pau goes to other team.

There have been week rumours bout Warriors, Bulls, Raptrs, Wolves having expressed some interest.

Boston could be interested in sending one of the expirings too.

So.Who do you think making a play for him?

that was never CONFIRMED

shep33
01-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Gasol still has high value, one of very few players that can play PF and Center effectively.

A team that comes to mind is the Warriors. I think Monta would probably have to go in that case, but a front line of Lee + Gasol is nice. All of a sudden they become a better rebounding team, and Gasol is an underrated shot blocker, so he can get around 2 blocks per game. Offense seems like it'd be more balanced and could really open up amazing things for Steph. Imagine Steph going P&R with either Lee or Gasol anytime he wants? They'd also have a deeper rotation with their bigs now, particularly because Biedrins seems always injured too. Warriors don't have any picks either right? LA has 2, but the two players' contracts wouldn't match anyways. Gasol makes like 4-5 mill more than Monta.

Steph
Thompson
Wright
Lee
Gasol

Hellcrooner
01-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Gasol still has high value, one of very few players that can play PF and Center effectively.

A team that comes to mind is the Warriors. I think Monta would probably have to go in that case, but a front line of Lee + Gasol is nice. All of a sudden they become a better rebounding team, and Gasol is an underrated shot blocker, so he can get around 2 blocks per game. Offense seems like it'd be more balanced and could really open up amazing things for Steph. Imagine Steph going P&R with either Lee or Gasol anytime he wants?

Steph
Thompson
Wright
Lee
Gasol

i wonder if denver would sacrifice some depth to have a a line up like this

Lawson,rudy, Gallo, Nene, Gasol.

they coudl use some of these dudes ( not all of them) afflalo, Miller, harrington, martin, and sign and trade Jr and Chandler in a three way with orlando and l.A

ThunderousDemon
01-27-2012, 05:49 PM

A team that comes to mind is the Warriors. I think Monta would probably have to go in that case, but a front line of Lee + Gasol is nice. All of a sudden they become a better rebounding team, and Gasol is an underrated shot blocker, so he can get around 2 blocks per game. Offense seems like it'd be more balanced and could really open up amazing things for Steph. Imagine Steph going P&R with either Lee or Gasol anytime he wants? They'd also have a deeper rotation with their bigs now, particularly because Biedrins seems always injured too. Warriors don't have any picks either right? LA has 2, but the two players' contracts wouldn't match anyways. Gasol makes like 4-5 mill more than Monta.

Steph
Thompson
Wright
Lee
Gasol

Monta straight up for Gasol is a terrible idea.

shep33
01-27-2012, 05:50 PM

they coudl use afflalo, Miller, and sign and trade Jr and Chandler in a three way with orlando and l.A

I wouldn't think Denver would change anything though because Al is playing pretty well right now too. But a Nene + Pau front line would be ridiculous.

Hellcrooner
01-27-2012, 05:50 PM
mmm maybe sixers , to better their odds at competing?

shep33
01-27-2012, 05:51 PM
Monta straight up for Gasol is a terrible idea.

I said it can't be straight up because contracts don't match. Gstate would have to add someone.

ThunderousDemon
01-27-2012, 05:52 PM
mmm maybe sixers , to better their odds at competing?

Who would the Sixers give up though?

ThunderousDemon
01-27-2012, 05:52 PM
I said it can't be straight up because contracts don't match. Gstate would have to add someone.

Monta plus who?

JordansBulls
01-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Pau for Boozer is the best deal on both ends.

ThunderousDemon
01-27-2012, 05:56 PM

Boozer!!! :laugh:

shep33
01-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Monta plus who?

I dunno Pau is making 7 mill more than Ellis actually, so it'd have to be Monta + Wright/Udoh + another player. In all likelihood a 3rd team would need to come into the picture.

Pau + Blake + Matt Barnes for Lee + Monta works, but I doubt either team does that

Hellcrooner
01-27-2012, 06:00 PM
I dunno Pau is making 7 mill more than Ellis actually, so it'd have to be Monta + Wright/Udoh + another player. In all likelihood a 3rd team would need to come into the picture.

we would have to eat Biedrins......not a good idea

Hellcrooner
01-27-2012, 06:02 PM

COme on Jb, how many times have you seen lakers being raped in a trade?

shep33
01-27-2012, 06:03 PM
we would have to eat Biedrins......not a good idea

Yeah that would be a disaster. It's tough to trade with the Warriors because I don't think they have any first round picks this year do they? I could be wrong.

Pau + Blake + Barnes + 1st rounder for Monta and Lee works, but again, I don't think either team would do that. Don't know if Gstate would give up those two, and I don't think LA would want Lee's contract back. Probably impossible unless a 3rd team was involved.

shep33
01-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Boozer lol. I like Carlos, but I'd rather keep Pau

Marco22
01-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Pau will stay in LA. And Pau is still an awesome player!

Chacarron
01-27-2012, 06:11 PM

No, it is not.

John Walls Era
01-27-2012, 06:13 PM

Why not make it a 3 way and make the Hawks give the Bulls TMac as well?

Boozer for Pau adds nothing for the Lakers, but makes them worse.

L@ker4Life
01-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Pau for Boozer makes me want to vomit. If the lakers were looking for someone to completely choke in the playoffs they would trade for boozer.

shep33
01-27-2012, 06:14 PM
This trade works:

Knicks get Pau Gasol + Steve Blake
Lakers get Monta + Lee
Warriors get Amare + Matt Barnes + Ebanks + Morris + Mavs 1st rounder + Lakers 1st rounder + Knicks pick

Lol terrible idea I know, just playing around with the trade machine

But I was just thinking... the Knicks get rid of Amare who is still a good player and would probably be very good with Curry in the P&R game. They get Gasol's lighter contract back in terms of years. Warriors get Amare, Barnes (who's also an expiring) young players and picks (which they lack right now). Lakers get Monta + David Lee, which I'd expect Lee to get flipped for Howard in a deal lol. Knicks also get Blake who would be their backup to Baron. Warriors actually cap space too.

Look how easy it is being a GM

numba1CHANGsta
01-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Lakers need a PG+Shooter+solid PF in return for Pau

blastmasta26
01-27-2012, 06:38 PM
This trade works:

Lakers get Monta + Lee
Warriors get Amare + Matt Barnes + Ebanks + Morris + Mavs 1st rounder + Lakers 2nd rounder + Knicks pick

But I was just thinking... the Knicks get rid of Amare who is still a good player and would probably be very good with Curry in the P&R game. They get Gasol's lighter contract back in terms of years. Warriors get Amare, Barnes (who's also an expiring) young players and picks (which they lack right now). Lakers get Monta + David Lee, which I'd expect Lee to get flipped for Howard in a deal lol. Knicks also get Blake who would be their backup to Baron. Warriors actually cap space too.

lol Warriors get killed in that trade, it would never happen.

shep33
01-27-2012, 06:45 PM
lol Warriors get killed in that trade, it would never happen.

Haha probably not. But I'd say the Warriors need to do something. Lee is on the books for 4 more years after this one, plus I mean they just aren't going to compete with these guys. Also they have 1 draft pick for next year, and it's a 2nd rounder. Why not get Amare + young players + multiple picks (Lakers have 2 first rounders they can give up, Knicks can give up future considerations). They also save money with this deal (in terms of cap space for the year after) Lee + Ellis make around 24 mill next year, Amare makes under 20 and the players I mentioned to be fillers are all expiring deals. The only two teams with a worse record then them are the Kings + Hornets who are probably worse than the Wizards

Corey
01-27-2012, 06:48 PM

Sure, if you're a Bulls fan.

Gram
01-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Pau to the Pistons for Knight, Monroe, Daye, Jerebko, Gordon, and 2012 first rounder.

fresh prince
01-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Pau to the Pistons for Knight, Monroe, Daye, Jerebko, Gordon, and 2012 first rounder.

I would do this in a heart Beat as a Laker Fan.

Doubt the Pistons would tho

Corey
01-27-2012, 08:00 PM

:facepalm:

lavell12
01-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Bynum, Pau, Eubanks, 2 1st Round picks for Howard, Anderson, and Hedo.

shep33
01-27-2012, 08:16 PM

Doubt that happens though. Lakers won't give up both plus their two first rounders unless a 3rd team is involved and they get a really good pg or good pf back. Bynum + Pau is arguably the best frontline in basketball, the Laker frontline is not their weakness at this point. And why would they give up their 2 first rounders in this scenario? No offer has come close to that, and the Lakers would be dumb to go all in for Howard. This draft is pretty solid, best in a long time IMO, and those 2 picks regardless of being late 1st rounders are more equivalent to the talent pool of the players that went 10-20 last year, if not better. Last years draft was pretty awful, but this year when you take into consideration all the players that didn't go in the draft last year due to the lockout, those players will be solid, way better than the 20-30 picks of this past year.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Boozer is garbage and overrated, sorry Bulls fans. His best years (when he actually gave full effort) was his last yr in Cleveland and his first 2-3 yrs in Utah. Then injuries, laziness and big fat contract got in the way of him becoming possibly one of the best power forwards in the game. That's when he started to just settle for jumpshot after jumpshot.

Oh and btw, Gasol has always dominated Booz in the playoffs.

rasajr23
01-27-2012, 08:36 PM
With Bogut out the Bucks may want to consider this trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6o4gd7e

This trade gives us the needed PG, PF, and a great bench player.
This trade gives the Bucks a Center/PF, two good future NBA stars, and flexibility to sign a FA 2012-2013

Lakerhead4ever
01-27-2012, 08:44 PM

boozer is trash and u know it.

Chronz
01-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Pau/Blake for Nene/Andre Miller

Hellcrooner
01-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Pau/Blake for Nene/Andre Miller

that would be a side move, the idea for nuggets ( rockets had it in mind, pau+nene or pau+marc) would be use the twin towers thing with an offensive aproach.

miller, afflalo, andersen +pick for pau

lakersfan01
01-28-2012, 01:13 AM

Wishful thinking or you're smoking something wacky.

lakersfan01
01-28-2012, 01:15 AM

omg :laugh: do you want Kobe and the lockers from staples center too?

Corey
01-28-2012, 01:18 AM
What about the Jazz or the Hawks?

JabberJaw
01-28-2012, 01:35 AM

Your Bulls love has tainted your thought process. Boozer for Pau straight up would be a terrible deal. Booz and his bad contract would get the Mitch Kupchak killed if he did that deal. Thats a downgrade in talent and a cap hit. No thanks

JabberJaw
01-28-2012, 01:36 AM
omg :laugh: do you want Kobe and the lockers from staples center too?

Hahaha seriously

Corey
01-28-2012, 01:41 AM
Pau for Josh Smith? Pau for Millsap + Harris or Jefferson?

Jenceman
01-28-2012, 02:02 AM

Millsap and Harris would be nice if Harris wasn't so terrible right now. Although Millsap is absolutely beasting. Although Harris is still far better than any Lakers PG, I would seriously consider it if theres no better deal for the Lakers. Maybe ask for CJ Miles, Hayward, or Burks.

Gram
01-28-2012, 02:28 AM

lol I like mocking Laker fans. I've seen them come up with ridiculous trades like that lol.

Bruno
01-28-2012, 02:34 AM
i dont think anyone will offer what he's worth to the Lakers.

he's a 31 year old PF who's played a lot of games over the past four years, who appears to be on the decline. his statistics are down across the board, as is he efficiency. I think he's worth more to the Lakers than what anyone will give. over summer, you could claim the post season was a fluke. but his numbers from this year seem to be supporting the notion of decline.

although, he looked 2010 finals fantastic against the clippers. maybe he can raise his trade value.

Bruno
01-28-2012, 02:37 AM
in retrospect, the Lakers should have traded Gasol to Phili for Iggy and Holiday, in the middle of last season when he was dominating, and looking better than ever, while Phili was fighting for a playoff spot.

phili would never make that deal now.

Holiday
Bryant
Iggy
Odom
Bynum

dirty.

Bruno
01-28-2012, 02:38 AM

i love the millsap+harris deal a lot. i dono if utah would do it with jefferson?

Trueblue2
01-28-2012, 10:05 AM

they coudl use some of these dudes ( not all of them) afflalo, Miller, harrington, martin, and sign and trade Jr and Chandler in a three way with orlando and l.A

Al, andre, and Rudy for gasol?

Miller/Blake/fisher
Kobe/Rudy
Barnes/MWP
Harrington/mcroberts
Bynum/Murphy

Or

Al + andre + birdman for gasol + mcroberts + pick

Miller/blake/fish
Kobe/g-lock/kapono
Barnes/MWP
Harrington/Murphy
Bynum/birdman

Kaspa
01-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Al, andre, and Rudy for gasol?

Miller/Blake/fisher
Kobe/Rudy
Barnes/MWP
Harrington/mcroberts
Bynum/Murphy

Or

Al + andre + birdman for gasol + mcroberts + pick

Miller/blake/fish
Kobe/g-lock/kapono
Barnes/MWP
Harrington/Murphy
Bynum/birdman

No thanks

goalie
01-28-2012, 10:59 AM
in retrospect, the Lakers should have traded Gasol to Phili for Iggy and Holiday, in the middle of last season when he was dominating, and looking better than ever, while Phili was fighting for a playoff spot.

phili would never make that deal now.

Holiday
Bryant
Iggy
Odom
Bynum

dirty.

they wouldnt have made that trade then either. no way sixers would have dealt jrue for anyone, theyve been very high on him since they drafted him which is why the drafted him.

he isnt a surprise folks, they were expecting him to be a starter and a very good one at that.

gasol is a great player but severly overrated in the trade market.

JNA17
01-28-2012, 11:37 AM

Do you have any idea how much of an orgasem I would have if the lakers got Josh Smith. My first and 2nd favorite players in the NBA on the same team? Good god!

But I would still want a PG plus some kind of shooter in return.

Iron24th
01-28-2012, 12:21 PM

L.A would be dumb to do that.

Heediot
01-28-2012, 12:38 PM

If I were the Lakers I'd this trade.

ILUVLA
01-28-2012, 12:41 PM
So you are saying that the Lakers give up Gasol, Blake, Barnes, Morris, Ebanks, plus a 2 first rounders for Lee & Monta? REALLY? I mean I don't know, they should probably just throw in Goudelock as well, just to be nice guys.

Heediot
01-28-2012, 12:41 PM
This trade works:

Lakers get Monta + Lee
Warriors get Amare + Matt Barnes + Ebanks + Morris + Mavs 1st rounder + Lakers 1st rounder + Knicks pick

I bet over half the real nba gm's cheat and use the trade machine before proposing a real trade:p

ILUVLA
01-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Now if you swap Hedo for Nelson in that deal we are getting closer...

obviously there is no way Orlando makes that deal...

shep33
01-28-2012, 12:51 PM
I bet over half the real nba gm's cheat and use the trade machine before proposing a real trade:p

Well I am Otis Smith lol

JNA17
01-28-2012, 12:56 PM

Have you seen moneyball? GMs trade like people in NBA sim leagues do. :laugh:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-28-2012, 01:13 PM
i love the millsap+harris deal a lot. i dono if utah would do it with jefferson?

Millsap>Jefferson no doubt imo.

Lakerfrk
01-28-2012, 01:46 PM
How about Pau for Stoudemire + Fields?

JNA17
01-28-2012, 01:51 PM
How about Pau for Stoudemire + Fields?

You cant be serious...