PDA

View Full Version : Dirk: "No one out West scares me"

JordansBulls
01-27-2012, 05:14 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/27/dirk-nowitzki-says-he-is-in-shape-nobody-scares-him-in-west/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

“I haven’t seen one team in the West that I’m scared of,” Nowitzki said. “I really haven’t. I think we can compete with all of them.

“Oklahoma City has probably the best record, but I think we’ve played them well every time we’ve seen them and everybody else has been up and down.”

John Walls Era
01-27-2012, 05:16 PM
He is right.

shep33
01-27-2012, 05:24 PM
The west is wide open. I think yesterday the guys on TNT said spots 2-9 are separated by like 1-2 games. I look at teams like the Clips, Denver, Portland, the Lakers who are all very good teams this year (Lakers sliding though), but at the same time i have no clue what would happen in a 7 game series between any of the teams ranked 2-9, I don't think standings are going to matter at all in the WC playoffs.

I could see the Lakers being 7th for instance, and I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the 2 seed. Also, if Dallas is the 8th seed and they play OKC, they'll give them heaps of trouble. This goes for every team out west in playoff contention... I mean the Nuggets vs. Blazers for instance, I would have no idea who to pick.... Clips vs. Lakers seems like a 7 gamer. This year is an anomaly guys, so expect weird things to happen, especially out west.

Giraffes Rule
01-27-2012, 05:24 PM
That's because Dirk is too busy sitting on the bench with a microphone celebrating his championship to see that there are teams better than the Mavs right now.

mRc08
01-27-2012, 05:25 PM
He has a point. While it might seem disprespectful to some, is he supposed to say that he is scared of a given team?

L@ker4Life
01-27-2012, 05:25 PM
he's pretty much right. The lockout has made it an interesting season. OKC has the advantage because they have a bunch of young legs, but that's for the regular season. We shall see around playoff time.

Hawkeye15
01-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Because he knows the Wolves won't make the playoffs.....

AWC713
01-27-2012, 05:36 PM
has he seen brendan haywood play? he should be scared of his own team.

in a bad way.

Rockice_8
01-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Two best teams are in the East so I have to agree here. OKC looks like the best but they are still young and could slip up.

They may not be scary but they're still better.

tmacmamba
01-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Dirk is right, teams like the Mavs, Lakers, and Celtics are made for the playoffs and If anything teams should be afraid of them because they could wind up being a tough 6th,7th,or 8th seed and they very well could take out a top seed.

Baller1
01-27-2012, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LbvKLbAwxc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Bruno
01-27-2012, 06:17 PM
he's earned the right to say whatever he wants in regards to competition out west. and he's right.

BradfordIsElite
01-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Feelings mutual.

ll_eric_ll
01-27-2012, 06:40 PM
That's what he should say,.. this is diff between Mavs and Cows haja!

BradfordIsElite
01-27-2012, 06:41 PM
he's earned the right to say whatever he wants in regards to competition out west. and he's right.

Based off last year, yes..for the most part, being that he's one of the best in the game and is a future hall of famer and lead his team to a title for the first time in his career but for him to say "No one out West scares me" is a little far-fetched to me. His numbers have dropped significantly and his team, the defending Champs, have struggled to get it going as well. It's very early still but as of right now they're only 7-7 in the conference and don't seem as formidable as last year's roster when they thrived off determination and were blessed to have the one player in the NBA who was more hunry and deserving of a title than Nowitzki himself.
There's nothing you can take away from him, he's great, don't get me wrong. He is the Dirk & I would not be concerned about him at all. (He isn't the only player who showed up in not as great of shape this season, ala Mr. Odom). At any time he is going to break out, I wouldn't expect for that to take much longer. With that said, the statement seemed rather uncultured coming from him. I understand that in the West, no team has yet to rise among the rest and sail away but there's definitely some really good competition out there and although he must feel like the man still, in which most ways he should, it's time now for him to snap back into reality and continue playing the great basketball we expect to see of him.

ohreally
01-27-2012, 06:52 PM
I still think the Grizzlies will be a very tough team in the playoffs if Zach is back.