PDA

View Full Version : NBA Teams Celebrate 45th Anniversary of ABAís Founding

Iodine
01-26-2012, 10:54 PM
What do you think about when you remember the American Basketball Association (ABA)? I donít know about you but the first thing that comes to my mind is afroís and short shorts. But realistically itís the foundation of what we all know and love in the National Basketball Association (NBA). The ABA existed for ten groundbreaking seasons from 1967 to 1976 until four of its staple teams joined the NBA - The Denver Nuggets, Indiana Pacers, New York Nets, and San Antonio Spurs. Now, on the 45th anniversary of the legendary league the NBA and Adidas will commemorate this occasion with a series of games during Hardwood Classics Month.
Starting on Feruary 1st, nine NBA teams Ė Charlotte Bobcats (Caroline Cougars), Denver Nuggets, Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Clippers (Los Angeles Stars), Memphis Grizzlies (Memphis Tams), Miami Heat (Miami Floridians), Minnesota Timberwolves (Minnesota Muskies), New Jersey Nets (New York Nets) and San Antonio Spurs (Texas Chaparrals) will wear commemorative uniforms made in collaboration with Adidas, the leagues official outfitter . The uniforms will boast designs from the teams respective geographic regions and foundational history.
NBA Hardwood Classics Month will run throughout the month of February and highlight 38 games many of which will be nationally televised on ABC, ESPN, TNT and of course NBA TV. And if you like the jerseys you see, they will all be available at the NBA Store on February 2.

http://stupiddope.com/2012/01/26/nba-teams-celebrate-45th-anniversary-of-aba%E2%80%99s-founding/

ABA>Life

I actually really want a Muskies and Nuggets jersey

Hellcrooner
01-26-2012, 11:19 PM
hypocrites, the threw aba out of the market with as many shady moves as they could get.
including the strange case of the Colonels in the merger.

Iodine
01-26-2012, 11:28 PM
^You realize the sole reason the ABA was started was to force a merger right? If I was the NBA I would have been pissed

Yeah and it was such a shock they didnt take the Kentucky team over the Indianapolis team considering market sizes and the fact that the owner already agreed he would take the buyout money to buy the Braves. CLEARLY A CONSPIRACY

Hellcrooner
01-26-2012, 11:50 PM
^You realize the sole reason the ABA was started was to force a merger right? If I was the NBA I would have been pissed

Yeah and it was such a shock they didnt take the Kentucky team over the Indianapolis team considering market sizes and the fact that the owner already agreed he would take the buyout money to buy the Braves. CLEARLY A CONSPIRACY

both teams were going to get picked ( with s.a, den and NY nets) but some of the nba owners found very enticing to not allow tehm in order than one of them could put their fingers on artis gilmore.

Nba teams werent too confident that the coloners wouldnt ridicule them by wining the ring.
After teh merger aba teams had to suffer horrible referiing too ( Check Larry Brown on the subjetc).

If tehre never was an aba there wouldnt even be F.A.