PDA

View Full Version : Would the Knicks entertain the idea of trading Carmelo Anthony now?

Pages : [1] 2

JordansBulls
01-26-2012, 06:33 PM
With all the trades we have had about the Heat on if they should trade Wade or Lebron or Bosh, why is it never mentioned on if the Knicks would entertain trading Carmelo Anthony?

Maybe a 3 way deal of some sort such as the following:

Deron Williams and Dwight Howard go to the Knicks
Melo and Chandler to the Magic
Amare to the Nets

He is averaging 24 ppg and shooting 39% FG this year.

Federal Reserve
01-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Melo needs to go.

nycericanguy
01-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Come March 1st, if this team is still struggling and its apparent that Melo & Amare can't play together, I think NY will definitely make a run at Howard with either an Amare/Chandler package or even Melo.

And once Howard is dealt, if its not to NJ, Deron will most likely hit the trade market as well.

But again, Melo is playing hurt, so lets cut him some slack.

Mudvayne91
01-26-2012, 06:37 PM
So the Nets give up Deron Williams and get Amare? I don't see that being very ideal for them regardless if he was to walk or not. Amare's contract isn't very ideal and he isn't exactly the same player he use to be at the moment.

CaptainClutch
01-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Never thought I'd be hearing this so soon

nycericanguy
01-26-2012, 06:40 PM
So the Nets give up Deron Williams and get Amare? I don't see that being very ideal for them regardless if he was to walk or not. Amare's contract isn't very ideal and he isn't exactly the same player he use to be at the moment.

Amare is coming back around, he's a notorious slow starter, but I agree NJ would not take him. I think any realistic deal with NJ would have to be Melo for Deron straight up.

ORL seems much more likely to be interested in Amare.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-26-2012, 06:40 PM
I'd do a Bynum for Melo, Landry and Shumpert. We should have got Melo in last yr's trade deadline anyways, but now that his stock has gone down (after the move from DEN to NYK), I think we can demand Landry and Iman along with him for Drew.

GodsSon
01-26-2012, 06:41 PM
People are just starting to notice he's overrated now?

nycericanguy
01-26-2012, 06:42 PM
I'd do a Bynum for Melo, Landry and Shumpert. We should have got Melo in last yr's trade deadline anyways, but now that his stock has gone down (after the move from DEN to NYK), I think we can demand Landry and Iman along with him for Drew.

NY would never even do Melo for Bynum straight up, let alone "throw in" Landry & Iman.

There are only 2 players that Melo would realistically be traded for at this point, Howard or Deron.

CaptainClutch
01-26-2012, 06:42 PM

Kobe and Melo together?????????????? are you insane?

knicks_champ
01-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Give it time.. Wait till we get Baron back.

Also Melo is playing injured so that is affecting his shots.

xxplayerxx23
01-26-2012, 06:43 PM

LMAOOOOOOO first off who the hell would do Melo for bynum by its self but you also get landry and shumpert, Ofcourse youd do that, Your nuts no way

JordansBulls
01-26-2012, 06:44 PM

Just putting together a scenario. Nets may bite simply to have a star player for when they move to Brooklyn and Amare would still have 3 more years on his contract after this season. I actually think maybe Melo for Deron swap could work.

nyfinest4life
01-26-2012, 06:45 PM
melo to the nets for dwill

xxplayerxx23
01-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Theguy isnt right he is injured all year, calm down we arent trading him although I would do that trade turk and nelson would be involved I would consider that trade, But lets give it time,davis is coming back and melo needs to get healthy, If we lose tommorow then I think melo is going to take some games off, get healthy then he will be back to normal

nycericanguy
Melo for Deron makes a TON of sense if Howard goes elsewhere.

NJ gets their man who they targeted for 6 months and they don't lose D-Will for nothing.

And NY gets their PG to throw lobs to Amare & Chandler.

The question is, would NJ & NY make a trade? I think if it came down to it they would since its star for star.

Mudvayne91
Amare is coming back around, he's a notorious slow starter, but I agree NJ would not take him. I think any realistic deal with NJ would have to be Melo for Deron straight up.

I definitely think he still has it in him and he has played better the last few games. I just don't think he'd be enough to land Williams straight up.

xxplayerxx23
Melo for dwill would help both teams, NJ wins that deal though, I wouldnt do that

Mudvayne91
01-26-2012, 06:47 PM
That'd be hilarious if Melo ends up in NJ after all. Well, Brooklyn, but the Nets.

llemon
01-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Just putting together a scenario. Nets may bite simply to have a star player for when they move to Brooklyn and Amare would still have 3 more years on his contract after this season. I actually think maybe Melo for Deron swap could work.

'Melo doesn't make anybody better. It would be difficult to root for the Nets if they had Carmelo.

-Kobe24-TJ19-

never

smith&wesson
new orleans s&t e.gordon for melo.

that would be cool for new york and new orleans.

5ass
lol, Melo>Bynum. fields and shumpert shouldnt be included. If anything, LA has to give up something else or some 1st round picks.
Anyway, with Melo and Kobe on the same team, HellCrooner would be pulling his hair out (understandably) since Pau probably wont be getting much touches.

Hawkeye15
Melo got banged up right out of the gate. Again, not sure how many truly thought the Knicks were a top 3 seed material contender as is, they are still a work in progress. Let him get healthy, and get going before you use a sample size of 17 games over 700.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Melo for dwill would help both teams, NJ wins that deal though, I wouldnt do that

deron>melo

Mudvayne91
01-26-2012, 06:51 PM
A Melo with Gorge Karl > Williams in my opinion.

setman2000
01-26-2012, 06:52 PM
This is awesome - already hitting the panic button! Melo isn't going anywhere and neither are any of Miamis big 3.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-26-2012, 06:56 PM
'Melo doesn't make anybody better. It would be difficult to root for the Nets if they had Carmelo.

Bro, the Net's are aweful, so wheres the evidence that DWill is making anyone in NJ better? :confused:

And honestly, I believe Melo does make people better, look @ Josh Harreslon, he knocks down shots when Melo post's and kicks out to him. He thrives and off of people doubling Carmelo, and so did Aaron Afflalo, I dont find it ironic @ all that AA isn't having as good of a year as projected.

xxplayerxx23
01-26-2012, 06:57 PM
deron>melo

Melo>Deron
Melo has been hurt all year

xxplayerxx23
01-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Melo got banged up right out of the gate. Again, not sure how many truly thought the Knicks were a top 3 seed material contender as is, they are still a work in progress. Let him get healthy, and get going before you use a sample size of 17 games over 700.

This, I for one said they would start off slow, He has been hurt bascally all year,

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-26-2012, 06:59 PM
deron>melo

Lol It's funny when people show they're ignorance by just typing 10 keys. Because clearly you haven't watched Deron play this year.

Yankees20127
01-26-2012, 06:59 PM
i did this trade on espn trade machine
Knicks send melo to magic and Amare to Nets
Magic send DH12 to knicks
Nets send deron willaims to knicks

but yes everyone should give melo a break he has a sprained thumb sore wrist and is affecting his shot once he gets healthy he will be the melo as we know him

TheNumber37
01-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Melo needs to play with a hard nosed players, a good pg and not a coach like Mike d.
no one is gonna say these things after he goes for 50 in the garden. his play will pick up..
the Amare, Melo experiment? until they get a capable.floor general and better outside shooters, we cant call for anything.

JNA17
01-26-2012, 07:04 PM

Kobe is playing with a torn ligament in his shooting hand. NO EXCUSES! :p

xxplayerxx23
01-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Kobe is playing with a torn ligament in his shooting hand. NO EXCUSES! :p

Kobe is not human :D He is amazing and doesnt seem to be affected, Melo Has not only wrist problems but elbow and Ankle issues gotta give It some time .

JNA17
01-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Kobe is not human :D He is amazing and doesnt seem to be affected, Melo Has not only wrist problems but elbow and Ankle issues gotta give It some time .

I know it was joke. I'm aware of Melo's injury as well.

As a Lakers fan, I would love for them to after Melo since we should have got him anyway, but as an NBA fan, the knicks just need him healthy unless they really feel he cant fit on the team after trading almost their entire team for the guy.

zo649117
01-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Why would the Knicks do this? As a Heat fan I wish they would. They can always trade Amare for Dwight straight up. Carmelo and Dwight > Dwight and Williams....... Silly fans

xxplayerxx23
01-26-2012, 07:14 PM
I know it was joke. I'm aware of Melo's injury as well.

As a Lakers fan, I would love for them to after Melo since we should have got him anyway, but as an NBA fan, the knicks just need him healthy unless they really feel he cant fit on the team after trading almost their entire team for the guy.

Lol Agreed, I think he can fit fine, Its tough the coaches system will not work without a pg, this is the first time mike hasnt had a good pg

llemon
01-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Bro, the Net's are aweful, so wheres the evidence that DWill is making anyone in NJ better? :confused:

And honestly, I believe Melo does make people better, look @ Josh Harreslon, he knocks down shots when Melo post's and kicks out to him. He thrives and off of people doubling Carmelo, and so did Aaron Afflalo, I dont find it ironic @ all that AA isn't having as good of a year as projected.

You like 'Melo, you keep him.

Denver doesn't seem to miss him much.

Jint.

wow great trade..! :crazy::bang:

jmoney85
I love how knick fans think that every team will trade them their star players lol

why would the nets trade deron for melo or deron for amare lol

not happening

spicymayo
01-26-2012, 07:18 PM

Lol why not just throw in amare and a couple of draft picks while your at it, its not like bynum has ever gotten injured in his career before

jmoney85
01-26-2012, 07:18 PM

the nets are 1 game behind your team.... so if the nets are awful than the knicks are also awful

2-ONE-5
01-26-2012, 07:20 PM
If I understood how the new CBA is going to work teams wont be able to afford 3 max players in like 2 years. Either way tho this aint happenin

llemon
01-26-2012, 07:20 PM
i did this trade on espn trade machine
Knicks send melo to magic and Amare to Nets
Magic send DH12 to knicks
Nets send deron willaims to knicks

but yes everyone should give melo a break he has a sprained thumb sore wrist and is affecting his shot once he gets healthy he will be the melo as we know him

Sure, Knicks get DWill & D12 for 'Melo and Amare.

Nets won't do Amare for Williams.

bmd1101
01-26-2012, 07:27 PM

Do you guys really believe Baron Davis is can be the savior of the Knicks? Isn't it like hoping Eddy Curry will bypass the buffet?

Punk
01-26-2012, 07:29 PM
OH. MY. GOD. For the last time, Melo is not the problem. He's playing through a list of injuries that are affecting his shooting hands.

We do not need Baron Davis to do anything but pass the ****ing ball and create for his teammates. IF that means "savior" then call it if you want.

xxplayerxx23
01-26-2012, 07:30 PM
All we need is a pg that is a pass first type. Davis can be ,for this system he will be good but that will take a couple weeks So watch how many threads there will be

jonnyk124
01-26-2012, 07:33 PM
This is stupid. Why trade all 3 of our players when we can possibly get Howard in a trade for stat and chandler then sign Williams in free agency. Williams will not extend if the nets can't get Howard. We will have an even bigger 3 instea of a big 2. Williams Anthony and Howard is probably one of the scariest tandems. Williams can run the offense melo can score and Howard will be a beast in the paint unstoppable. But watch the Knicks start playing well now then these threads won't even come up. I hate dantoni get him out first

omdigga
01-26-2012, 07:33 PM
i doubt we trade melo.. the guy is pretty good when he's healthy...

giants9689
01-26-2012, 07:39 PM

keep dreaming, not to mention we have chandler.. bynum is over rated knicks would never do that trade let alone straight up melo for bynum

Punk
01-26-2012, 07:41 PM
My god, this forum is not even realistic anymore. What the hell happened?

blahblahyoutoo
01-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Melo>Deron

deron on knicks > melo on knicks

blastmasta26
01-26-2012, 07:43 PM
My god, this forum is not even realistic anymore. What the hell happened?
Hasn't it always been like this? :shrug:

Ebbs
01-26-2012, 07:45 PM

What an awful deal. . .

Thank god for some logic.

Melopocalypse on psd lately. . .

Knicks will regret giving up on a top 10 player after s shaky start whilst hurt.

spicymayo
01-26-2012, 07:45 PM
With all the trades we have had about the Heat on if they should trade Wade or Lebron or Bosh, why is it never mentioned on if the Knicks would entertain trading Carmelo Anthony?

Amare to the Nets

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6p3qjjz

blastmasta26
01-26-2012, 07:47 PM
A Melo trade is highly unlikely, considering what the Knicks gave up for him and how he IS the future of the team, for good or bad. And also, Melo is facing several injuries that have affected his shooting and made him look much worse than he is. Amare is much more susceptible to being traded away, and even that is doubtful.

spicymayo
01-26-2012, 07:48 PM
I definitely think he still has it in him and he has played better the last few games. I just don't think he'd be enough to land Williams straight up.

Its the other way around as the knicks have all the power since deron can walk. The nets would probaly have to throw in a player like brooks to make this deal happen.

spicymayo
01-26-2012, 07:53 PM
the nets are 1 game behind your team.... so if the nets are awful than the knicks are also awful

One game above awful :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mudvayne91
01-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Its the other way around as the knicks have all the power since deron can walk. The nets would probaly have to throw in a player like brooks to make this deal happen.

I disagree. Just cause he can walk doesn't mean they can't get value for him. Plus, Stat isn't nearly as desirable of a piece as you're making it out. If traded, the team would owe a % of this year and then 45 million over the next years. He is capable of being a top 20 player, but he's not necessarily a franchise player. Although the CBA did effect the Melo deal, look what the Nuggets got from the Knicks. I am confident the Nets could get more out of moving Williams.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Melo to the Clippers for Blake Griffin so he could be united with his boy CP3! :p

blastmasta26
01-26-2012, 08:00 PM
This is stupid. Why trade all 3 of our players when we can possibly get Howard in a trade for stat and chandler then sign Williams in free agency. Williams will not extend if the nets can't get Howard. We will have an even bigger 3 instea of a big 2. Williams Anthony and Howard is probably one of the scariest tandems. Williams can run the offense melo can score and Howard will be a beast in the paint unstoppable. But watch the Knicks start playing well now then these threads won't even come up. I hate dantoni get him out first
If we did hypothetically trade for Howard, the deal definitely would be Amare/Chandler for Dwight/Turkoglu. No way Orlando would take our two big contracts on without getting rid of their own. Thus we would not have additional cap space for Deron.

spicymayo
01-26-2012, 08:03 PM
I disagree. Just cause he can walk doesn't mean they can't get value for him. Plus, Stat isn't nearly as desirable of a piece as you're making it out. If traded, the team would owe a % of this year and then 45 million over the next years. He is capable of being a top 20 player, but he's not necessarily a franchise player. Although the CBA did effect the Melo deal, look what the Nuggets got from the Knicks. I am confident the Nets could get more out of moving Williams.

True that they will still get value just not proper value. Carmelo is a player that Prokhorov would kill for and would deffinitly overpay to get. Adding a player like Marshon Brooks into the deal and possibly a future first would make sense.

spicymayo
01-26-2012, 08:05 PM
If we did hypothetically trade for Howard, the deal definitely would be Amare/Chandler for Dwight/Turkoglu. No way Orlando would take our two big contracts on without getting rid of their own. Thus we would not have additional cap space for Deron.

True but if the kncks start playing better ball they might be able to pry another valuable asset out of the Magic, which the Knicks could then result in flipping with Turk and Shump for an expiring.

blastmasta26
01-26-2012, 08:07 PM
True but if the kncks start playing better ball they might be able to pry another valuable asset out of the Magic, which the Knicks could then result in flipping with Turk and Shump for an expiring.
Doubt it, considering I can't remember the last trade we actually won. "Won" in the sense that we gave up less than we had to or made the other side give up more than they had to.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-26-2012, 08:10 PM
I got the perfect trade for the L.A. Clippers and New York Knicks

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=87oryf2

Clippers Get: Carmelo Anthony-$18,518,574 (4 yrs remaining)

Knicks Get: Blake Griffin-$5,731,080 (2 yrs remaining)
Mo Williams-$8,500,000 (2 yrs remaining)
Eric Bledsoe-$1,596,360 (3 yrs remaining)
TOTAL: $15,872,440

For the Clippers, I think they might have cap space to sign Dwight in Summer 2012. Chauncey comes off the books.

PG-Chris Paul
SG-Caron Butler
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF-DeAndre Jordan
C-Dwight Howard

Kinkotheclown
01-26-2012, 08:22 PM

No other star player makes their injury and excuse. Its his non shooting wrist and the ankle is doing fine.
Melo is over rated. We gave up too much to get him. I thought we did then, it's apparent now.
Hopefully something happens and he becomes the player we thought we'd get.
If not, DWilliams for him straight up works well for both parties. Melo needs a team built around him to succeed.

blastmasta26
01-26-2012, 08:27 PM
No other star player makes their injury and excuse. Its his non shooting wrist and the ankle is doing fine.
Melo is over rated. We gave up too much to get him. I thought we did then, it's apparent now.
Hopefully something happens and he becomes the player we thought we'd get.
If not, DWilliams for him straight up works well for both parties. Melo needs a team built around him to succeed.
You do know he played well last season in NY and his injuries are definitely affecting his shot. We did give up a lot to get him, but he has proven he can play here.

Chill_Will_24
01-26-2012, 08:28 PM
I find this quite comical. Knicks fans realizing they screwed up and traded for the wrong star and now want to trade off their mistakes to other teams.

A few points:

-Deron has repeatedly said that he loves the Nets organization and they are his preferred option.

-Deron has denied any reports of a list or his interest in any other team while Dwight has demanded and never denied his reported list which ONLY included NJ, DAL, and LA in that order.

-Nets GM Billy King has stated that he wont trade Deron unless Dwight is traded to a team on Dwight's list, because King believes Brooklyn will be to enticing to pass up in FA for Dwight.

-The Nets will not trade the better player to their rival after having punked them last year by making them overpay for an overrated player.

-Amare is only tradeable to a desperate team which the Nets as of now are not even if they might lose Deron.

-The Nets without their second best player and main source of offense are barely behind the Knicks and their "best front-court" who have played the second easiest schedule in the league.

-Not even the biggest Knicks homers Chris Broussard, Chris Sheridan, or Steven A Smith have reported that Dwighy has any interest in the Knicks and while they did state that Deron does, they stated that the Nets are his preferred option.

So imo i dont think the Knicks have any shot at getting Deron or Dwight.

They could trade Melo to HOU for Kev Martin and pieces or to Philly for Iggy and anothe piece..

Chill_Will_24
01-26-2012, 08:34 PM
True that they will still get value just not proper value. Carmelo is a player that Prokhorov would kill for and would deffinitly overpay to get. Adding a player like Marshon Brooks into the deal and possibly a future first would make sense.

Wow... The third best rook and Deron who is still a better player than Melo for... Melo? The Nets didnt care for Melo as much as they just wanted a star to take into Brooklyn which they got it in Deron.

I really hope you were joking btw

Punk
01-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Of course a Nets fan wouldn't see how we get Deron or Dwight :laugh2:

Nobody is realizing we traded for the "wrong" player. There is nothing wrong with Melo. A Bulls fan created this thread, way to reach.

Melo is injured. I'm really getting tired of people trying to throw the players we have under the bus. I've had enough of it. Knicks fans spent their time and energy proving we had assets for Denver, before that proving Gallo, Chandler, Mozgov were solid stud players but they were "a product of D'antoni's system" and now they are in Denver and everyone is praising the hell out of them and bashing Melo and Billups? Really?

If Orlando wants to stay compeitive, they would take Amare/Chandler for Dwight/Hedo. If not, then who knows.

The Knicks COULD get Deron next summer but he would have to literally take 5 million to do so. That's his choice to get paid in Dallas, Brooklyn or play with Melo, Amare, Chandler.

I am not even going to bother with this stupid thread because it is only going to start a bunch of nonsense.

Whenever, he gets healthy and starts scoring again, none of these threads will even be around and I find that quite stupid. Nobody created these threads when the Knicks were winning and Melo was ranked Top 2 in scoring before his injuries,

llemon
01-26-2012, 08:57 PM

Proky is running for President of Russia. Carmelo has already embarrassed Proky once. Trading for 'Melo will lose him 'votes'.

Chill_Will_24
01-26-2012, 08:58 PM

Nobody is realizing we traded for the "wrong" player. There is nothing wrong with Melo. A Bulls fan created this thread, way to reach.

Melo is injured. I'm really getting tired of people trying to throw the players we have under the bus. I've had enough of it. Knicks fans spent their time and energy proving we had assets for Denver, before that proving Gallo, Chandler, Mozgov were solid stud players but they were "a product of D'antoni's system" and now they are in Denver and everyone is praising the hell out of them and bashing Melo and Billups? Really?

If Orlando wants to stay compeitive, they would take Amare/Chandler for Dwight/Hedo. If not, then who knows.

The Knicks COULD get Deron next summer but he would have to literally take 5 million to do so. That's his choice to get paid in Dallas, Brooklyn or play with Melo, Amare, Chandler.

I am not even going to bother with this stupid thread because it is only going to start a bunch of nonsense.

Whenever, he gets healthy and starts scoring again, none of these threads will even be around and I find that quite stupid. Nobody created these threads when the Knicks were winning and Melo was ranked Top 2 in scoring before his injuries,

Of course a Knicks fan would think getting Deron and Dwight is realistic :laugh2:

Let me guess... Dwight and Deron made a secret toast at a wedding... "We will set up a decoy that we want the Nets and instead go form our own Big Three in NY with Shumpert at the Mecca"...

netsdynasty89
01-26-2012, 09:09 PM
um never gonna happen amare has a UNINSURED i repeat UNINSURED 100 million contract no one will trade for him

MTL_123
01-26-2012, 09:09 PM

I respect your opinion but no way does melo makes people around him better. He takes 20+ shots a game and most of them are ISO. Even in denver he didnt make his team mates better he just did his thing which was scoring thats it.

netsdynasty89
01-26-2012, 09:12 PM
dwight howard doesnt want to play on the knicks its only espn and the ny media thats hyping it up ppl are just upset that dwight wants to come to the nets and not be a follower and go play in L.A or dallas or the knicks. by the way orlando will never trade him to the knicks because of amare uninsured contract and the fact that they would have to trade alot of players so the salaries fopr amare and chandler match

blastmasta26
01-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Of course a Knicks fan would think getting Deron and Dwight is realistic :laugh2:

Let me guess... Dwight and Deron made a secret toast at a wedding... "We will set up a decoy that we want the Nets and instead go form our own Big Three in NY with Shumpert at the Mecca"...
You heard about that too? Crazy stuff, right? I mean, how can it be a big 3 when Shumpert is so much better than them?

JerseysFinest
01-26-2012, 09:13 PM
stop it, why would Nets do Amar'e for D-Will?

blastmasta26
01-26-2012, 09:14 PM
stop it, why would Nets do Amar'e for D-Will?
Because their salaries match on the trade machine. :shrug:

JerseysFinest
01-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Because their salaries match on the trade machine. :shrug:

lolz you right you right

MTL_123
01-26-2012, 09:16 PM
lol at the Amare trade. Amare isnt going anywhere because no one in the nba is that stupid to take on his contract the way he is playing right now

blastmasta26
01-26-2012, 09:21 PM
lol at the Amare trade. Amare isnt going anywhere because no one in the nba is that stupid to take on his contract the way he is playing right now
Of course, think about it like this: if Amare was playing well enough to have good trade value, why would the Knicks even want to trade him? Although I don't think he's completely untradeable, I just think a team would have to win the trade by far to accept Amare's contract.

Chill_Will_24
01-26-2012, 09:24 PM
You heard about that too? Crazy stuff, right? I mean, how can it be a big 3 when Shumpert is so much better than them?

Well its still a Big Three if you do the math:

Deron= .75

Dwight= .25

Shumpert= 2

So its definitely a big three and would be the best in the NBA.. Plus dont forget that Phil Jackson is gonna coach them soon... Dynasty.

Chill_Will_24
01-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Of course, think about it like this: if Amare was playing well enough to have good trade value, why would the Knicks even want to trade him? Although I don't think he's completely untradeable, I just think a team would have to win the trade by far to accept Amare's contract.

I think Philly might bite

blastmasta26
01-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Well its still a Big Three if you do the math:

Deron= .75

Dwight= .25

Shumpert= 2

So its definitely a big three and would be the best in the NBA.. Plus dont forget that Phil Jackson is gonna coach them soon... Dynasty.

Hmmm I guess it makes sense then. We'll see if Phil can handle it, I'm not so sure a triangle is complicated enough for Shumpert, they may have to run an octagon offense.

blastmasta26
01-26-2012, 09:32 PM
I think Philly might bite
Philly, I don't know. I think they'd be much more in the market for a center or even a scorer like Melo. Plus I'm always doubtful of divisional trades with big names.

Chill_Will_24
01-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Philly, I don't know. I think they'd be much more in the market for a center or even a scorer like Melo. Plus I'm always doubtful of divisional trades with big names.

Melo for Iggy and Brand maybe?

blastmasta26
01-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Melo for Iggy and Brand maybe?
Doesn't work out salary wise.

MU and UW Fan
01-26-2012, 09:49 PM
They had a star in Amare. They were playing well last year before the trade. Felton, Gallinari, Chandler, Mozgov, picks and cash > Melo. It was much more of a team game and they had depth and multiple players who could contribute. Should have just kept building around that team instead of dealing for Melo.

guyver
01-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Why on earth would we do that? All we need is a New Coach and a PG!! Through F/A we can do well to satisfy our needs. We need to stop going after BIG NAMES!!! Thats how we got into this mess in the first place. We can be a dominant team with what we have. We just need to be patient.

llemon
01-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Melo to the Clippers for Blake Griffin so he could be united with his boy CP3! :p

Clipps would have to be NUTS to make that trade.

silverbrad
01-26-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm starting to notice a tinge of sarcasm in this thread:D:D:D... I don't really think anyone's getting traded, besides...let's just say the Knicks and Nets agree to swap Melo for Deron straight up (this is HYPOTHETICAL). How would the Knicks be any different than the mid-2000's Dantoni Suns from back in the day, other than being older??? The Knicks don't need to trade any of the "big 3" or the rookies...they need to trade the dead weight they call their "role players" and their pathetic bench. They need to get a SMART point guard, get some guys that are young, hungry, can penetrate, and can hit a wide open 3. The front office has lost their way when it comes to finding role players...they go for names, and "specialty" players (((he's a "defender" (jared Jefferies) or he's our "3 point guy" Bibby.....)))
We need BALLERS not the place ex-stars go to die.

blastmasta26
01-26-2012, 09:53 PM
They had a star in Amare. They were playing well last year before the trade. Felton, Gallinari, Chandler, Mozgov, picks and cash > Melo. It was much more of a team game and they had depth and multiple players who could contribute. Should have just kept building around that team instead of dealing for Melo.
Amare has a limited time frame and his signing indicated that we are entering win-now mode soon. His arrival necessitated the Melo trade in a way, however the Knicks did give up too much.

silverbrad
01-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Why on earth would we do that? All we need is a New Coach and a PG!! Through F/A we can do well to satisfy our needs. We need to stop going after BIG NAMES!!! Thats how we got into this mess in the first place. We can be a dominant team with what we have. We just need to be patient.

I'd LOVE to agree with u but there's no way were winning with this team as is. We need a point, and dribble penetration to cause defensive collapses. Then the guys we have will be much more open to hit some uncontested shots. Because of our lack of anyone that will aggressively take the ball to the rack EVERY shot we take is contested. Teams just cheat up on our guys, that's why STAT is getting the ball by the 3 point line, and so on and so on..... but if someone would ATTACK THE BASKET it'd open up a lot more opportunity.

shep33
01-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Melo for Sasha Pavlovic... enough with these trade ideas. Give the Knicks time

Evolution23
01-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Another Knicks thread.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Probably not.

If anything, Amare will get trade IMO if they decide to trade either guy.

DoMeFavors
01-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Lets get this straight NETS AND KNICKS will NEVER trade with one another.
And Nets would be smart and rebuild if Deron was leaving and not take 80 million 4 years that Amare has left on his contract, Nets dont even own an amnesty anymore. And Nets would never make a trade that allows the Knicks to get the best big man in the game along with Deron.

xxplayerxx23
01-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Lets get this straight NETS AND KNICKS will NEVER trade with one another.
And Nets would be smart and rebuild if Deron was leaving and not take 80 million 4 years that Amare has left on his contract, Nets dont even own an amnesty anymore. And Nets would never make a trade that allows the Knicks to get the best big man in the game along with Deron.

If they offered, melo for Deron straight up they would do it in a second, your wrong, Also Amare has 3 years 60 left after this year, I agree it is very unlikley it would happen but it could,

Dankster
01-26-2012, 10:34 PM
There's very little chance melo gets moved anytime soon, if ever. The team is basically going to live OR die by that transaction; we gave up the farm for him and I just don't see us using him as a pawn for another piece.

Aside from the fact that team chemistry will never develop in NY if we keep trading our guys every half season, NY will lose a lot of its luster as a destination spot for FA's. Who would honestly want to play in a place where they don't know if they'll be able to play out a season, let alone the duration of their signed contracts. It would be a terrible PR move on NY's part if we got rid of Melo.

However, the GM in me would be ok if he was used in a Dwight (possible) or Lebron (yea right) trade. Anything else honestly wouldn't be worth it from a PR standpoint.

DoMeFavors
01-26-2012, 10:35 PM
If they offered, melo for Deron straight up they would do it in a second, your wrong, Also Amare has 3 years 60 left after this year, I agree it is very unlikley it would happen but it could,

It isnt going to happen, Cant see King calling the Knicks or even if he did Dolan wanting to trade Melo who he probably thinks is better for Deron. Melo is a lot more marketable than Deron. Why would Dolan want to give Melo to the Nets if Deron is leaving anyway? Nets would be without a star if he did trade Melo he would be giving the Nets a star. Anything can happen your right, just dont see Nets or Knicks doing it with each other.

Chill_Will_24
01-26-2012, 10:36 PM

Deron was the better player then and he is still the better player now. No the Nets would NOT do this in a second. So Billy King lied when he said he would not trade Deron if the deal sets the Nets back?

Face it.. Deron and Dwight might join in Brooklyn and there is nothing the Knicks can do about it.

Knicks333
01-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Everyone has to relax its ridiculous that knicks fans are already turning on melo even though the problem is clearly our coach and lack of a point guard. Stop overreacting and give the knicks some time with davis.

NYMetropolitans
01-26-2012, 11:02 PM
haha non-Knicks fans talking Knicks basketball are funny...

please so what Melo is on a little slump you really think we can find another closer in the league like him? Listen I love STAT but he's the first to go if we blow this up...this is so freakin' painful right now as a Knicks fan to see them playing like ****...but it's been 18 games...do you hear that 18 GAMES.

Jesus Christ people.

Melo WILL snap out of his slump...but will him and STAT co-exist? That remains to be seen and will, if anything, be dealt in the offseason...along with any coaching changes...which I personally think is the main problem.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-26-2012, 11:06 PM
LO TPE + DAL 2012 1st rd + LAL 2012 1st rd + Metta World Peace + Luke Walton for Carmelo Anthony.

DONE DEAL. Do it Mitch/Jim!

baer35
01-26-2012, 11:08 PM
speaking of melo, is Carmelo for mike conley straight up in fantasy a fair trade with how much harder it is to get assists and steals

Lake_Show2416
01-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Melo is a top 10 player, u dont trade stars that ur able to keep

.....mayb Amare, depending how u feel bout his knees

baer35
01-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Melo OWNS the block put amare on the perimeter where he clearly wants to play and post melo problems solved

baer35
01-26-2012, 11:20 PM
and when amare plays any defense at all

NYMetropolitans
01-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Melo OWNS the block put amare on the perimeter where he clearly wants to play and post melo problems solved

yea change what STAT does best that'll def. solve it :rolleyes:

ChaseHamels
01-26-2012, 11:34 PM

Get out of this forum now.

llemon
01-27-2012, 12:01 AM
LO TPE + DAL 2012 1st rd + LAL 2012 1st rd + Metta World Peace + Luke Walton for Carmelo Anthony.

Sorry, young one. Can't combine TPE and player(s) in a trade for another player.

Back to the drawing board. Don't use up all your crayons.

ChaseHamels
01-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Sorry, young one. Can't combine TPE and player(s) in a trade for another player.

Back to the drawing board. Don't use up all your crayons.

Ouch, outside the lines and everything.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-27-2012, 12:22 AM
^^:laugh2: You guys are too funny. I be jokin yall!

Teeboy1487
01-27-2012, 12:35 AM
No way. Melo is not the problem. The problem is coaching. They need to try another coach before even thinking about this.

Badluck33
01-27-2012, 12:41 AM
I've enjoyed watching the Knicks try to be part of every trade imaginable.

NYKnicksAllDay
01-27-2012, 12:50 AM

:laugh:

Da Knicks
01-27-2012, 12:55 AM
Simple no...

Da Knicks
01-27-2012, 01:06 AM

This makes sense to me, people think amare and think dunks all the time. The truth is Amare is a Pick and roll player who doesn't post up and has a jumper. By him moving one of the big man out Melo becomes very dangerous on the low block. Boomdizzle will make it work getting amare easy points to where his jumper comes natural.

llemon
01-27-2012, 01:11 AM
This makes sense to me, people think amare and think dunks all the time. The truth is Amare is a Pick and roll player who doesn't post up and has a jumper. By him moving one of the big man out Melo becomes very dangerous on the low block. Boomdizzle will make it work getting amare easy points to where his jumper comes natural.

Problem solved.

Kashmir13579
01-27-2012, 01:13 AM
Would i sign off on a package including Rondo and Allen? 10 times out of 10.

Kashmir13579
01-27-2012, 01:14 AM
It won't happen. As much as i'd like to wash my hands of 'Melo before he gets a chance to break my heart, he is our "saviour". Dolan runs the Knicks and he went out and got him.

Kashmir13579
01-27-2012, 01:17 AM
It isnt going to happen, Cant see King calling the Knicks or even if he did Dolan wanting to trade Melo who he probably thinks is better for Deron. Melo is a lot more marketable than Deron. Why would Dolan want to give Melo to the Nets if Deron is leaving anyway? Nets would be without a star if he did trade Melo he would be giving the Nets a star. Anything can happen your right, just dont see Nets or Knicks doing it with each other.

Agreed. Can't see the Celtics dealing either.

spicymayo
01-27-2012, 07:12 AM

You need help.

spicymayo
01-27-2012, 07:18 AM
I've enjoyed watching the Knicks try to be part of every trade imaginable.

Please dont be a hater as the Bulls wot go anywhere in the forseeablt future. Miami will always own you....
Knicks are one piece away from knocking you out in the first round...
Indiana is soon to become a younger better version of you.........

all this means that Bulls are to mediocore to go anywhere for the next 10 years
and on top of that i wouldnt even put them in my top three teams in the league maybe they crack the top 5

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-27-2012, 08:19 AM

I hate d-will but dude plays with garbage.

and btw if nets are awful what are the knicks, they basically have the same record.

champ101695
01-27-2012, 08:42 AM
is the coaching. NOT melo.

Rockice_8
01-27-2012, 09:38 AM

The Knicks are awful what are you talking about. The Nets have had a brutal schedule and haven't played one single game with their 2nd best player. Don't even get me started on all the other injuries they've had. Right now they have 3/5th of their starting lineup out and have had multiple other injuries to their bench as well.

The Knicks on the other hand have had the easiest schedule in the league thus far haven't had any major injuries and still have only one more win. Where do you get the balls calling the Nets awful?

rockbottom2010
01-27-2012, 09:57 AM
they gave up too much for camelo.......if they trade...they will lose the trade

rockbottom2010
01-27-2012, 09:57 AM
is the coaching. NOT melo.

ditto

Chill_Will_24
01-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Please dont be a hater as the Bulls wot go anywhere in the forseeablt future. Miami will always own you....

and on top of that i wouldnt even put them in my top three teams in the league maybe they crack the top 5

:laugh2: The Knicks should be worried about making that 8th seed before they can talk about knocking the Bulls out in the first round...

Bivory
01-27-2012, 10:31 AM

Amare to the Nets

I love this trade. For Knick fans like myself, having a young core and a future defensive player of the decade, you couldn't wish for anything more. I just don't see it happening but I can dream.

xxplayerxx23
01-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Deron was the better player then and he is still the better player now. No the Nets would NOT do this in a second. So Billy King lied when he said he would not trade Deron if the deal sets the Nets back?

Face it.. Deron and Dwight might join in Brooklyn and there is nothing the Knicks can do about it.

Melo is the better player, I wouldnt mind seing that at all I have nothing against nj, Melo would give you astar with years left on the contract, Deron would resign with ny, It would be a good deal for both, But i dont want this trade at all,

ShakeN'Bake
01-27-2012, 10:44 AM
haha non-Knicks fans talking Knicks basketball are funny...

please so what Melo is on a little slump you really think we can find another closer in the league like him? Listen I love STAT but he's the first to go if we blow this up...this is so freakin' painful right now as a Knicks fan to see them playing like ****...but it's been 18 games...do you hear that 18 GAMES.

Jesus Christ people.

Melo WILL snap out of his slump...but will him and STAT co-exist? That remains to be seen and will, if anything, be dealt in the offseason...along with any coaching changes...which I personally think is the main problem.

that is virtually a third of the season.

Rockice_8
01-27-2012, 10:48 AM
NYK isn't dealing Melo they'd deal Amare before they dealt Melo and the Nets sure as hell wouldn't do a Deron/Amare swap so NYK fans can forget Deron, it's not happening.

If Deron does ask to be traded, which I don't see happening, I wouldn't trade him for Melo. I'd look for a high draft pick and some young players, not a one dimensional scorer who isn't scoring.

NJ and NYK aren't trading with each other, it just never happens.

blastmasta26
01-27-2012, 10:49 AM
The Knicks are awful what are you talking about. The Nets have had a brutal schedule and haven't played one single game with their 2nd best player. Don't even get me started on all the other injuries they've had. Right now they have 3/5th of their starting lineup out and have had multiple other injuries to their bench as well.

The Knicks on the other hand have had the easiest schedule in the league thus far haven't had any major injuries and still have only one more win. Where do you get the balls calling the Nets awful?
They're both awful right now lol. I know the Nets are missing Brook Lopez, their second best player. The Knicks haven't had Baron Davis yet (I know he was a last-minute signing, but this team is in dire need of a PG) and Melo has been hit with several small injuries that are throwing his shot off.

Chill_Will_24
01-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Melo is the better player, I wouldnt mind seing that at all I have nothing against nj, Melo would give you astar with years left on the contract, Deron would resign with ny, It would be a good deal for both, But i dont want this trade at all,

You think he is the better player the let your team keep him.

Again, Billy King has stated that he will not trade Deron, and has reportedly said that he would not consider trading him unless Dwight is traded top the Lakers and the Nets chances of getting Dwight are dead.

Brook Lopez is set to return soon and he has been reportedly looking good. MarShon Brooks is looking impressive. The Nets have a great shot at trading for Dwight by the deadline.

The Nets will never trade Deron to NY and give them the chance to unite Dwight with him there when the Nets are the ones in better position to get Dwight.

Chill_Will_24
01-27-2012, 11:04 AM
They're both awful right now lol. I know the Nets are missing Brook Lopez, their second best player. The Knicks haven't had Baron Davis yet (I know he was a last-minute signing, but this team is in dire need of a PG) and Melo has been hit with several small injuries that are throwing his shot off.

WTF? Davis has never played for the Knicks so how can you know what he will bring? How can you miss what you havent had? Fact is that Davis is not a passing PG and not a great playmaker. He is terribly injury prone and in this condensed season if the Knicks are banking all their hopes on old Baron Davis, their troubles are just starting.

The Knicks have been lucky. Easiest schedule, and relatively healthy except for their hustle guy Harrelson and Melo who is supposedly injured which hasnt been confirmed.

GIANTKNICK
01-27-2012, 11:04 AM
no

blastmasta26
01-27-2012, 11:09 AM
WTF? Davis has never played for the Knicks so how can you know what he will bring? How can you miss what you havent had? Fact is that Davis is not a passing PG and not a great playmaker. He is terribly injury prone and in this condensed season if the Knicks are banking all their hopes on old Baron Davis, their troubles are just starting.

The Knicks have been lucky. Easiest schedule, and relatively healthy except for their hustle guy Harrelson and Melo who is supposedly injured which hasnt been confirmed.

That's precisely my point. We have no idea what Davis will bring, and the Knicks are screwed if Baron can't contribute in some way once he gets on the court. I might not have elaborated it well, but the Knicks are in a lot of trouble because of the reliance on Baron's return. So it technically is a major injury to a key player, because the Knicks need him to be productive.

Rockice_8
01-27-2012, 11:23 AM
That's precisely my point. We have no idea what Davis will bring, and the Knicks are screwed if Baron can't contribute in some way once he gets on the court. I might not have elaborated it well, but the Knicks are in a lot of trouble because of the reliance on Baron's return. So it technically is a major injury to a key player, because the Knicks need him to be productive.

You're right and that is a very scary thing resting your season on an oft injured, past his prime, PG.

CubZwin38
01-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Who would have thought trading for Melo would have been such a bad move? Well I for one didn't like the move for the Knicks. Don't know who would want Melo but whoever it is needs to know he is not an elite player. An elite scorer yes but his defense makes him nothing more than a super role player like Pau Gasol.

omdigga
01-27-2012, 11:39 AM
we are not trading melo... carmelo anthony is not a role player... he will lead us to the promised land..

baron davis is not our savior.. he is a pg.. and it would be nice to have one besides mike bibby in the rotation.. we are not resting the the season on BD.. we just know he will be better than anyone we have at the position right now, much better.. so our team should play better ball...

blastmasta26
01-27-2012, 11:42 AM
we are not trading melo... carmelo anthony is not a role player... he will lead us to the promised land..

baron davis is not our savior.. he is a pg.. and it would be nice to have one besides mike bibby in the rotation.. we are not resting the the season on BD.. we just know he will be better than anyone we have at the position right now, much better.. so our team should play better ball...
Of course he's not a savior, but the huge majority of the Knicks problems lie with the fact that there's no one that can run a offense. And these problems will hopefully be resolved when Baron plays. But if he sucks/gets injured again, the Knicks will likely return to under-performing.

Rentzias
01-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Melo needs to be in a triangle offense.

WeBallin
01-27-2012, 11:48 AM
I cannot believe people sayin trade Melo, where its clear if anybody needs to be traded its Amare! Melo is a Pure Scorer an can do that at anytime, with Amare it he not touchin the ball his whole game go in crapper, Dump Amare an your halfway there! Get D12 somehow. Maybe try an get Mo Williams from the Clippers, or PG from Utah an now your Line up is

PG Mo Williams
SG ????
SF Melo
PF ???
C D12

blastmasta26
01-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Melo needs to be in a triangle offense.
Big part of the Phil Jackson to NY speculation is the triangle. While I know it won't happen, Melo does have the passing ability to be in a triangle.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-27-2012, 11:54 AM

I hope you don't truly believe this. I love how you call them a mediocre team that won't go anywhere the next ten years, but then admit they are top 5 in the league. Yet you ask another person to not be a hater.

:laugh2: The Knicks should be worried about making that 8th seed before they can talk about knocking the Bulls out in the first round...

Thank you. Some people clearly do not think whatsoever about what they are posting.

Rentzias
01-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Big part of the Phil Jackson to NY speculation is the triangle. While I know it won't happen, Melo does have the passing ability to be in a triangle.
I don't see it so much in terms of passing ability. I think haters and Knick fans alike will to some degree agree that Melo is a ballstopper. BUT, he's a ballstopper who draws double teams, and he's also got a low post aspect to his game. This turns what many see as his game flaw into a strength.

Then, you're right, the passing ability goes into effect, and the guy could effectively become a consistent 25-5-5 guy.

nycericanguy
01-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Well it looks like Melo is doing the smart thing and taking a few games off to rest his injuries.

HowardBeckNYT: Carmelo taking next two games off to rest his injuries, D'Antoni says. Could return tues.

AnalyzeNShoot
01-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Too early for they player change. They need a coaching change for sure.

BklynKnicks3
01-27-2012, 12:27 PM
u peopel are clueless guy was 29/7/4 knicks where 6-4 just beat philly he hurt his wrist vs memphis and been shooting 30% since and knicks have won 1 game. Maybe he should start taking shots in his wrist like kobe before every game.

Chill_Will_24
01-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Well it looks like Melo is doing the smart thing and taking a few games off to rest his injuries.

HowardBeckNYT: Carmelo taking next two games off to rest his injuries, D'Antoni says. Could return tues.

Thats good. Now the Knicks can win some games.

pebloemer
01-27-2012, 01:08 PM

I didn't know that. He was killing it to start the season last year wasn't he?

nycericanguy
01-27-2012, 01:19 PM
I didn't know that. He was killing it to start the season last year wasn't he?

Not at all, he struggled early, as did the whole team at 3-8. I remember he had like 27 turnovers the first 5 or 6 games...

wasnt as bad this year, but he definitely took a month or so to round into shape last year.

tmacmamba
01-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Carmelo is not the problem, Mike D'Antoni is because Carmelo just doesn't fit his system. The Knicks should have traded for Deron Williams and not Melo, Deron Williams would have fit perfect with them but They were sold on having their own "Big Three" and now its came back to bite them.

thapastime7
01-27-2012, 01:24 PM
idc as long as melo stays in northeast he is my fav player since AI melo could be awesome for the knicks in the right system he isnt a dantoni type player simple as that he doesnt fit that the prob not melo and amare doesnt fit unless he has a true pg this all goes back to the coach not players

Slimsim
01-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Thats good. Now the Knicks can win some games.

Nope We play Miami and Houston those are 2 automatic losses Blowouts

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-27-2012, 04:10 PM

We are awful... I'm not denying that? and exaclty, you are BEHIND us.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-27-2012, 04:13 PM
lol Deron Williams the "Star" :laugh2:

KeeptheFaith22
01-27-2012, 04:23 PM
I would trade Melo

kjoke
01-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Nope We play Miami and Houston those are 2 automatic losses Blowouts

I think the Miami Game will be close, but yeah, I do think the rockets will win easily: that is if Mikey is still coach by then.

NotoriousREG
01-27-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm not a fan of any of these teams but I'm a b-ball junkie so here's a couple of trades via the trade machine:
Melo and Shumpert to Memphis for Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo.

Gay and Mayo may not be as flashy a name but they'd help give the Knicks a more balanced lineup that's more suitable to D'antoni's system.

The next deal is Melo and Bill Walker to Dallas for Jason Terry and Shawn Merion.

We know that Merion fits quite well in D'antoni's system and Terry would give them the backcourt scoring they need and could be deadly when Davis joins the squad. Meanwhile Anthony sure would take the scoring load off of Nowitzki's back.

Whaddya think?

LOOTERX9
01-27-2012, 05:06 PM
No youTrade amare, He needs a pg to make him better, Thats not a star to me. Keep melo and add howard or deron williams. Amare cant play in a non gimmick system like dantoni likes. Plus fire dantoni while at it

LOOTERX9
01-27-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm not a fan of any of these teams but I'm a b-ball junkie so here's a couple of trades via the trade machine:

Gay and Mayo may not be as flashy a name but they'd help give the Knicks a more balanced lineup that's more suitable to D'antoni's system.

The next deal is Melo and Bill Walker to Dallas for Jason Terry and Shawn Merion.

We know that Merion fits quite well in D'antoni's system and Terry would give them the backcourt scoring they need and could be deadly when Davis joins the squad. Meanwhile Anthony sure would take the scoring load off of Nowitzki's back.

Whaddya think?

NO! **** Dantoni's system and his type of players. I dont want to be the suns east. Fire Dantoni And trade Amares ***!!!

JordansBulls
01-27-2012, 09:45 PM
No youTrade amare, He needs a pg to make him better, Thats not a star to me. Keep melo and add howard or deron williams. Amare cant play in a non gimmick system like dantoni likes. Plus fire dantoni while at it

Well having Deron at PG makes having Amare and Chandler a formidable frontcourt. Example look at the Hornets in 2008 with CP3 having West and Chandler.

THE MTL
01-27-2012, 10:23 PM

Amare to the Nets

Fairly good trade for all teams (except NJ would need more). However, Knicks arent trading Carmelo Anthony!

Our poor-play is a product of our coach. It could be Melo and Dwight Howard out there and we would still have a similar record.

CrazyCrackar
01-27-2012, 10:46 PM
Way too soon with the short season, limited practices, and injuries. People get too caught up in the moment. Last year knick fans thought amare was the best thing on the planet, this year their calling for his head.

Chronz
01-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Well having Deron at PG makes having Amare and Chandler a formidable frontcourt. Example look at the Hornets in 2008 with CP3 having West and Chandler.
That was with CP3, Deron cant produce like that. And your really still think Amare has that in him huh

xfyre
01-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Hate to say it..Knicks play way better when the ball doesn't stagnate in Melo's hands

maddBat
01-28-2012, 12:22 AM
dont kno y ppl keep saying it. there is no way nets would trade dwill for melo. and notice most of the people saying it r knicks fans. :rolleyes:

Bostonanninja
01-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Just so I have this correct.... Baron Davis is going to be the Knicks savior.......... Is that what you are saying?

Raph12
01-28-2012, 01:16 AM
We'll give you Turk-Nelson for Melo-Douglas...

Evolution23
01-28-2012, 05:13 PM
We'll give you Turk-Nelson for Melo-Douglas...

How about we give you Douglas-Novak for Dwight

JasonJohnHorn
01-28-2012, 05:20 PM
First off, I love the love/hate relationships NY has with its ball players. They love them, they hate them. lol

Seriously, dump him on NJ for D-Will. It'd make both teams better.

xxplayerxx23
01-28-2012, 06:30 PM
How about we give you Douglas-Novak for Dwight

Stop trying to rip us off, they would want balkman and jeffries instead of novak :D

xxplayerxx23
01-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Melo for deron would be a bad trade for ny. Amare,Fields and a pick for williams sounds fair (suxers) :D

cssdmark
01-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Trade Chandler and Amare for D12 and that tall power forward that shoots threes, Orlando would need to throw in something else. Then trade Carmelo for Deron Williams and Marshon Brooks. Deron could run the point, Marshon is a scorer within the three point line, D12 would operate below and that forward from Orlando could shoot threes. I would throw in TD also because Shumpert, Brooks and Fields would be the shooting guards. We would also need to pickup a small forward next year.

lilojmayo
01-28-2012, 07:26 PM

First of all you dont trade Melo he is a superstar.

but if you were to trade him it would be something on the lines of

Rudy Gay/OJ Mayo/Tony Allen for Carmelo Anthony

Carmelo is a superstar. Rudy is a fringe all-star, OJ has all-star potential, Tony is an elite defender.

JordansBulls
01-28-2012, 08:07 PM
That was with CP3, Deron cant produce like that. And your really still think Amare has that in him huh

Yes but Chandler now is better than that and Amare is better than West was.

KingOf215
01-28-2012, 10:29 PM
I think their 1st move is to replace D' Antoni with a defensive minded coach that holds players accountable.

Carmello Anthony is suppose to be a superstar player, and offensive beast. You try to tweak things around him first before sending him away.

Also, he pretty much begged his way to NYC... gotta reward his loyalty somehow.

Spiggity_ace
01-28-2012, 10:56 PM
so many superstars getting traded, the NBA is becoming a walk through rodeo drive these days

tp13baby
01-28-2012, 11:12 PM

He has been injured since the Gallo trade? :rolleyes:

knicks=love
01-28-2012, 11:14 PM
carmelo won't get traded. we gave up 5 starters for him, there's no way we give him up for anything.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-28-2012, 11:44 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

anyways on a serious note..lol
i find it funny and ironic that the knicks fans (most of them anyways) talk mad ****. they were happy obviously that they got melo and nets dident then they got chandler and davis and they seemed even better..but..i guess thats not the case.

i never hated the knicks as a team.. i watch some ny games and now with melo (my 2nd fav currently playing player) i watch more. but last season knicks fans were throwing it in nets fans face that nets wont make play offs and knicks will. nets had made the finals 2 years straight while the knicks had not even made the post season for like what..a decade?????

now look what is happening...obviously since i like melo i rather they keep him and trade amare and others...and yes im a nets fan and would love to get melo..but i like the idea of possibly getting d12 and keeping dwill.

i also think they should get a new coach b4 trading n e one and see if that can make **** work.

Chill_Will_24
01-28-2012, 11:52 PM
I dont see how the Knicks are gonna turn this around.. they had played the easiest schedule in the league prior to the Heat game. I hope they dont miss the playoffs thou. I know Stern will rig the lottery to get them a top 5 pick so that they dont have to give it to HOU.

netsgiantsyanks
01-28-2012, 11:54 PM
carmelo won't get traded. we gave up 5 starters for him, there's no way we give him up for anything.

especially since they won't get half of what they gave up.

netsgiantsyanks
01-28-2012, 11:58 PM
my 2 cents:

they shouldn't have traded for him in the first place, at least not for that much. there was a HUGE indication that he would sign there as a free agent, the knicks FO just got frantic and ended up getting screwed over. now, they can go on some 30 game winning streak and some knick fans will be back to their usual ways, but it is still a questionable move in my eyes.

JordansBulls
01-29-2012, 12:40 AM
my 2 cents:

they shouldn't have traded for him in the first place, at least not for that much. there was a HUGE indication that he would sign there as a free agent, the knicks FO just got frantic and ended up getting screwed over. now, they can go on some 30 game winning streak and some knick fans will be back to their usual ways, but it is still a questionable move in my eyes.

They traded for him because the Knicks hadn't had a star since Ewing.

stlbest5in2013
01-29-2012, 12:41 AM

Baron Davis is not good. So what does getting him back have to do with anything?

You guys couldnt beat the Cavs when they had Davis and you cant beat them when the knicks have Davis.

D'Antoni is a horrible coach, Knicks fans are sucking for supporting this garbage. That team will never even sniff the ECF as long as Miami and Chicago are around, and guess what neither team is leaving anytime soon.

Better-Than-You
01-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Bynum+ Gasol for Melo + Chandler + Iman

netsgiantsyanks
01-29-2012, 12:56 AM
They traded for him because the Knicks hadn't had a star since Ewing.

i'm pretty sure that melo was going to sign there as a free agent, they basically traded their whole starting lineup for him instead of waiting until summer.

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2012, 12:58 AM
hell no^ and wait a min how can you say davis isnt good, Lets be serious now he isnt great anymore but he can do 12 and 8, which is just what the knicks need, We need a better bench, and a new coach, Add a bench piece a coach, And a pass first pg and we are right there

Better-Than-You
01-29-2012, 12:59 AM
i'm pretty sure that melo was going to sign there as a free agent, they basically traded their whole starting lineup for him instead of waiting until summer.

He would be a Laker had the Knicks waited.

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2012, 12:59 AM

he painced about losing a lot of money with the lockout dont think he would signed he might of been a net If knicks didnt trade for him,wish we strill had galo instead of fields

netsgiantsyanks
01-29-2012, 01:07 AM
oh snaps, i completely forgot about the lockout. :facepalm:

CrazyCrackar
01-29-2012, 01:27 AM
I find it funny how when knicks where trying to trade gallo, chandler, felton, mosgolov. Majority of PSD was calling them scrubs and garbage, and how the knicks just didnt have the assets to even get Melo. But now that Den just has Gallo and mosgolov, its a great deal for the nuggets. Obviously wins are all that matters, so people will get caught up in the moment right now. But its just strange that the people calling the knicks assets garbage back then, are prob the same people saying how stupid the knicks were for trading them now. I mean I get the whole players from NY are overrated for the media attention thing, but for every NY lover it seems theres 10 haters out there..........As for Melo, if you watched these past couple of games, you can obviously see that the problems are bigger than him.

llemon
01-29-2012, 01:30 AM
He would be a Laker had the Knicks waited.

Geez, doesn't anyone remember the circumstances of the 'Melo trade?

Carmelo wanted his money, and was ready to be traded to the Nets and take the contract extension if that is what it took for him to get it.

Knicks had to pull out all stops including creating capspace and adding Mosgov to the deal, and taking Billups back in the trade.

If Knicks waited, Carmelo would be a Net.

MattyAction
01-29-2012, 01:34 AM

The Knicks were 14-14 last year after the Melo trade. Simple. Thats all they are is around a .500 basketball team with Melo. This "he's hurt" and "he's a slow starter" nonsense from Knicks fans is incredible.
He simply doesnt make players around him better. Thats just the way it is. He's a ballstopper. I actually feel bad for Amare. He single handedly put this team on his back nad brought them back to respectability. Then the Melo fiasco, and he looks nothing like he did 12 months ago. There is no motion in that offense. They stand around while Melo forces jumpers over two defenders.

cutiepie80
01-29-2012, 02:46 AM
LOL, Knicks basketball.

abe_froman
01-29-2012, 03:18 AM
no way in hell.the fanbase loves him and thus generates massive amounts of money for them

Evolution23
01-29-2012, 03:59 AM
Carmelo Anthony

Celtics33
01-29-2012, 07:58 AM
I see them moving Amare instead of Melo if it comes to splitting them up.

JordansBulls
03-07-2012, 02:14 AM
He is averaging 21/6/4 on 40% FG this season thus far. What has happened to him?

effen5
03-07-2012, 02:24 AM
He is averaging 21/6/4 on 40% FG this season thus far. What has happened to him?

Knicks are a 500 team...what else is there to say?

LOOTERX9
03-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Knicks should trade no player before they FIRE they're coach.. Mike Dantoni gets far too many excuses and keeps surviving here in NY. The man is a pitiful disgrace of a head coach

noodle
03-07-2012, 02:32 AM

You should punch yourself in the face.

noodle
03-07-2012, 02:33 AM
Seriously.

Chill_Will_24
03-07-2012, 08:22 AM
:laugh2: I love love how everything is playing out...

-Knicks are good and playoff contenders with Amare an MVP candidate..till Melo came

-Knicks suck balls with Melo and its because they need to gel

-Season begins and Knicks still suck balls with Melo and they STILL need to gel

-Knicks find LINSANITY!!!! They look like a dangerous team again...till they get Melo back

-Melo is back and the Knicks suck again.. headed into a tough stretch of games.

ChitownSports16
03-07-2012, 08:46 AM

-Knicks are good and playoff contenders with Amare an MVP candidate..till Melo came

-Knicks find LINSANITY!!!! They look like a dangerous team again...till they get Melo back

Melo is playing hurt... Give it some time.:rolleyes:

slyone_nyc
03-07-2012, 09:21 AM

Im a die hard Knicks fan and you are spot on with your post, dude disrupts the continuity of the team.

jimm120
03-07-2012, 09:29 AM

I still don't understand how people can be so blind.

We weren't a "good team" (record wise) with the amare team. We were a losing team that had a 15-1 spurt at one point. We were practically .500 at the trade.

We were playing like a .500 team with melo last year.

We were a losing team this year until that 7 game spurt. So, were still a losing team with a spurt that brought us to "respectability".

But here in lies the problem:

-should the amare, gallo, Felton, Wilson team have been a losing team that had a lucky 15-1 spurt to bring them to .500?

-should the melo, amare, billups team been a .500 team?

-should the melo, amare, Tyson team be a losing team that had a lucky 7 game spurt to bring them to .500?

No. Our amare Felton gallo Wilson team was deep with a #1 and several #3 players.

Ok, maybe the melo ante billups team maybe was a .500 team simply from all of the wholes left from the trade.

No. Our melo are Tyson team is toooooo talented and too deep to be this bad.

DANTONI is the cause of all this.

oak2455
03-07-2012, 09:30 AM

I love when you comment on the Knicks... Which is fine , but if God forbid somebody says anything about your Nets you get all upset..... True? Or false? It's comical I might say... It's not just Melo though.... I thought you might be smarter than that

oak2455
03-07-2012, 09:33 AM
I still don't understand how people can be so blind.

We weren't a "good team" (record wise) with the amare team. We were a losing team that had a 15-1 spurt at one point. We were practically .500 at the trade.

We were playing like a .500 team with melo last year.

We were a losing team this year until that 7 game spurt. So, were still a losing team with a spurt that brought us to "respectability".

But here in lies the problem:

-should the amare, gallo, Felton, Wilson team have been a losing team that had a lucky 15-1 spurt to bring them to .500?

-should the melo, amare, billups team been a .500 team?

-should the melo, amare, Tyson team be a losing team that had a lucky 7 game spurt to bring them to .500?

No. Our amare Felton gallo Wilson team was deep with a #1 and several #3 players.

Ok, maybe the melo ante billups team maybe was a .500 team simply from all of the wholes left from the trade.

No. Our melo are Tyson team is toooooo talented and too deep to be this bad.

DANTONI is the cause of all this.
I've said this over and over ppl are really ****ing blind coaching wins games Mike loses games... End of story he must go!!!!

Badluck33
03-07-2012, 09:44 AM
I've said this over and over ppl are really ****ing blind coaching wins games Mike loses games... End of story he must go!!!!

isn't NY is like 7-1 (?) with out Melo?

I'd start there.

oak2455
03-07-2012, 09:47 AM
isn't NY is like 7-1 (?) with out Melo?

I'd start there.

Mike is a good coach I'll start there?

ghettosean
03-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Any team that says they would not consider trading a player on there team (not named Lebron James) would be lying.

quade36
03-07-2012, 10:04 AM
WAIT WAIT WAIT... Come one guys. Its only been a few weeks. They can be that team you all have been jamming down our throat. You know the team that could go deep in the playoffs. Could potentially beat the Heat. This thread is ridiculous. You have no right to complain about the Knicks after what people in this forum had to go through the last month. Stick with what you said two weeks ago.....

silverbrad
03-07-2012, 10:06 AM
The Knicks will never trade Melo, not after all the bs went thru to get him. And with that being said I think its obvious that 1. Dantoni needs to go. and 2.If Melos our guy we need to build based on him. (Although I do think with a guy like Phil Jackson running the triangle this team could be very successful as is...) I'll be honest, I havent read every suggested trade post, but I'm wondering... If (when) the Nets don't land Dwight Howard should the Knicks approach them? I'm think Hump and Deron for STAT, Bill Walker and Lin. It gives the Nets a "superstar" in STAT, a big name/money maker in Lin, and it gives the Knicks a premier pg and a solid defensive rebounding double double guy who doesnt need the ball. Then we roll out Deron, Fields (or Shump by then), Melo, Hump, Tyson.
The Nets Start Lin, Marshawn Brooks, Bill Walker (or Stevenson), STAT, and Lopez.
Any thoughts???

Dankster
03-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Carmelo is the captain and coleader of the Knicks' squad. The team gave up the farm for him. There is very little chance he'll ever get traded from this squad, and personally I wouldn't want him gone unless it was for Lebron.

This team just needs more time to jell together; the nucleus hasn't had enough time on the court--I mean they have 9 new players on their roster this year. I think a thread like this should be reserved until at least after the playoffs are over.

Badluck33
03-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Mike is a good coach I'll start there?

because he is on the court rebounding and playing defense too yeah, you can blame him.

His system works. Jeremy Lin works in his system. Melo doesn't work in his system.

Rndy
03-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Melo could be good if used right. Knicks are just so concerned with every single one of there players being scrorers. They had no need for JR Smith they should have been looking to improve there front court defense and they didn't. You can't win in the playoffs without playing defense.

They should have traded JR Smith for Jimmy Butler then Bam Knicks would be probably the greatest team that has ever had a ball.

KnicksR4Real
03-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Hell
No

Dankster
03-07-2012, 10:12 AM

Great analysis. Wait, no it's not. In fact, this might be the dumbest post I've read in quite sometime. Worry about your own franchise (the Nets right?) and quit hating on a team you obviously don't follow. Your generalizations are outright ludicrous, and it's amazing how you're singling one person out in a team game. Melo is definitely not the problem , he's in a bit of a slump but I have no doubt he'll get out of it.

Really hope you guys get Dwight Howard, otherwise that Deron trade you made might be the single worst trade in NBA history--oh wait, that's reserved already for your franchises brilliant move of getting rid of Dr J in his prime. Now that's funny!

oak2455
03-07-2012, 10:15 AM
because he is on the court rebounding and playing defense too yeah, you can blame him.

His system works. Jeremy Lin works in his system. Melo doesn't work in his system.

Watch a game then we can talk...for instant the second unit put the Knicks in the lead and the Mavs didn't score for like 7mins to start the 4th... But wait to the rescue it's Mike .... Who has to put Melo back in ... Has to and you know the rest... I'm not saying not play your guys but if your team makes this comeback and then sub those guys for no reason.... He's just a bad coach , even the last few mins of the Boston game same thing doesnt foul near the end.... Garbage coach:mad:

MagicHero3
03-07-2012, 10:18 AM
when you have that much talent on your team, and your still not winning, then the only person you can point a finger at is the coach, not Melo.

Rndy
03-07-2012, 10:20 AM
There close though you figure Iman can lock down the likes of Rose, Lebron and Wade at the same time, Howard, and He's even had Lebrons mom locked down. They just need a PF who isn't making max money on crappy knees and a coach who doesn't suck. Suns had a better team and couldn't get it done under D'antoni.

Only in NY is a PG with a 21 tov% considered a Savior for the season.

justinnum1
03-07-2012, 10:20 AM
haberstroh
Carmelo Anthony's PER with Jeremy Lin off court this season: 21.8. Carmelo's PER with Lin ON court? 12.2.

justinnum1
03-07-2012, 10:23 AM

Spot on

Celticsfan2007
03-07-2012, 10:24 AM
^ I'll just say it for all the knicks fans that are gonna say it.

"Give it time, they need to gel!!"

nycsports2
03-07-2012, 10:26 AM
thank u ^

ManningToTyree
03-07-2012, 10:40 AM
when you have that much talent on your team, and your still not winning, then the only person you can point a finger at is the coach, not Melo.

There you go.

Da Knicks
03-07-2012, 10:47 AM
you dont trade the best player on the team...

justinnum1
03-07-2012, 10:49 AM
haberstroh
Knicks' offensive efficiency (pts per 100 trips): Lin on/Carmelo off? 105.0. Lin off/Carmelo on? 98.8. Both on? 97.9.

P Styles
03-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Never shouldve traded our entire team for him in the first place

Mr_Amaziing
03-07-2012, 11:22 AM
4 Team trade

Bulls trade Deng, CJ Watson
Bulls get Melo, Douglas

Orlando trade Howard, Turk
Orlando get Melo, CJ Watson, Garcia

NY trade Melo, Douglas
NY gets Howard, Turk

Kings trade Evans, Garcia
Kings get Deng, Nelson

Mr_Amaziing
03-07-2012, 11:22 AM
4 Team trade

Bulls get Melo, Douglas

NY trade Melo, Douglas
NY gets Howard, Turk

Kings get Deng, Nelson

justinnum1
03-07-2012, 11:23 AM
4 Team trade

Bulls get Melo, Douglas

NY trade Melo, Douglas
NY gets Howard, Turk

Kings get Deng, Nelson

no one gets evans?

Heediot
03-07-2012, 11:34 AM
4 Team trade

Bulls get Melo, Douglas

NY trade Melo, Douglas
NY gets Howard, Turk

Kings get Deng, Nelson

What is this NB2K where you can create another Melo?

omdigga
03-07-2012, 11:43 AM
why isnt anybody mentioning that they need time to gel?

Cubs420
03-07-2012, 11:43 AM

Or because none of their pieces fit together?

Knicks blow again and everything is right with the world.

Cubs420
03-07-2012, 11:46 AM
you dont trade the best player on the team...

But OMGZ I thought Lin was the best player on the team LOLZ

top 5 point-guard guys, I could tell that after 5-games no doubt.

xILLN355
03-07-2012, 11:51 AM
why isnt anybody mentioning that they need time to gel?

they need time to gel!

setman2000
03-07-2012, 11:54 AM
A Small Forward avg. 21 pts a game shooting Under 40% making $21 mill/yr......who'd want him?

blystr2002
03-07-2012, 11:55 AM
You have to field offers, but it would have to be a really good deal to get rid of Melo. He is struggling now, but is one of the best scorers in the league. Amare is the one to worry about. He might go through spurts of being his old self, but his body has broken down to where he can't sustain it. I loved him with the Suns and he was a beast the 1st half of last season, but the 2012 Amare isn't forming a big 2 or 3 with anybody and keeps sliding down the ranks of PF in the NBA.

Kashmir13579
03-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Blazers get: Carmelo Anthony
Knicks get: Gerald Wallace, Jamal Crawford, pick/s

oak2455
03-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Or because none of their pieces fit together?

Knicks blow again and everything is right with the world.

says the Cubs fan:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

oak2455
03-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Blazers get: Carmelo Anthony
Knicks get: Gerald Wallace, Jamal Crawford, pick/s

thats a good trade, but another shooter( Crawdog):eyebrow:

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Lol.. I can't wait for this team to start clicking and watch all the haters Stfu . This is all lack of chemistry ..

setman2000
03-07-2012, 12:01 PM
The Knots have had 1 winning season in the past 10 years and that was a whopping 42-40 record last year which is exactly what they were on pace to do BEFORE the Melo trade and they have a losing record again this year. Only Knicks delusional fans even think they're relevent. Melo is showing he's not the difference maker or leader just like in Denver. He's a good player that can win on good teams.