PDA

View Full Version : Rose: "I'll never forget how they celebrated...can't wait to play them"

dnewguy
01-26-2012, 04:39 PM
I'll never forget how they celebrated just from winning this game," Rose told reporters. "I can't wait to play them again.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7505893/chicago-bulls-derrick-rose-indiana-pacers-celebration

Even though the Pacers didn't do anything but congratulate each-other which is customary after teams win a game, Rose seem to believe he is God and no one is allowed to celebrate. This celebration pales in comparison to what the Bulls did in game 1 versus Miami Heat in the East Finals....but you don't see Lebron, Wade or Bosh ranting about it.

But this is supposed to be the humble guy, getting thin skinned over a loss.

Your thoughts.........

Rentzias
01-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Every ounce of motivation helps. I see no problem with this statement or mindset.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Why wouldn't you love a guy that has that competitiveness? Indy did nothing wrong, that was a tough win. But what is Rose supposed to do, go high five them? **** them, he wants to beat them even more now. Good for him.

I think everyone would kill to have their superstar player seething at the thought of losing.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Competitive guys in the league: Kobe, Rose, CP3...

.......and the rest! LOL

bovice163
01-26-2012, 04:45 PM
I really wonder how miserable some people are with all of these attempts at trolling others. What's the point man? I just don't get it sometimes.

mRc08
01-26-2012, 04:47 PM
"This celebration pales in comparison to what the Bulls did in game 1 versus Miami Heat in the East Finals....but you don't see Lebron, Wade or Bosh ranting about it."

Maybe they should have? Whats wrong with rose being angry that they lost and doesn't want it to happen again? Thats something I want to see out of my teams players...or at least better than pretending to be sick to mock dirk...

ChicagoJ
01-26-2012, 04:47 PM
We have a thread in the bulls forum about this. I think the quote is being overblown. He just wants to get a win on them next time is all. Extra motivation. Nothing more.

Slug3
01-26-2012, 04:48 PM
I have no problem with it.... but really no player should have to be motiviated because of something someone else did. They should be able ot do it on their own.

bucketss
01-26-2012, 04:49 PM

.......and the rest! LOL

dwade, dirk? how much championships does cp3 and rose have combined lol

dnewguy
01-26-2012, 04:50 PM
I really wonder how miserable some people are with all of these attempts at trolling others. What's the point man? I just don't get it sometimes.

thin skinned?

papipapsmanny
01-26-2012, 04:50 PM
aww thats cute D-Rose.... i can mail you one of my GF's tampons for next time

haggis
01-26-2012, 04:51 PM
What a chucking thug.

Cubs Win
01-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Funny how the mature posters have no problem with what D-Rose said, and seem to think it's actually a good thing. Some of you could learn from them. :eyebrow:

mRc08
01-26-2012, 04:52 PM
For the sake of all of us this should just be close. There is no reason to hate an athlete for these comments, but unfortunately this is going to be a disasterous thread

McPeak92
I think some of you guys are confusing being competitive and being a sore loser.

Rentzias
dwade, dirk? how much championships does cp3 and rose have combined lol
Actually, in the spirit of this thread, I would even narrow it down to Kobe/Rose. They've been outspoken in terms of this "I'm the best and hate to lose" mindset and have backed it up. Dirk and Wade are also winners but I don't see the type of absolute hate of losing that Kobe and Rose project.

dnewguy
01-26-2012, 04:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TamM69ylgBE

Mr Rose and the Bulls celebrating like they won the championship, I guess someone else isn't allowed to do it.

NYKnicksAllDay
01-26-2012, 04:53 PM
I wish Melo or Amar'e would say some **** like that.

THE_G.O.A.T.
01-26-2012, 04:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7505893/chicago-bulls-derrick-rose-indiana-pacers-celebration

Even though the Pacers didn't do anything but congratulate each-other which is customary after teams win a game, Rose seem to believe he is God and no one is allowed to celebrate. This celebration pales in comparison to what the Bulls did in game 1 versus Miami Heat in the East Finals....but you don't see Lebron, Wade or Bosh ranting about it.

Your thoughts.........

Didn't the Heat celebrate 6 championships before they ever won a game together? Didn't they hold a victory celebration before they ever played a game? Nothing will ever compare to that.

This is the worst thread ever, Heat fans are jokes.

Slug3
01-26-2012, 04:56 PM

Mr Rose and the Bulls celebrating like they won the championship, I guess someone else isn't allowed to do it.

That was a playoff game though correct? I would hope a team would be happy winning a playoff game. I mean do you remember what Miami did when they beat Boston? They almost made me believe we won the championship with all that celebrating.

dnewguy
Didn't the Heat celebrate 6 championships before they ever won a game together? Didn't they hold a victory celebration before they ever played a game? Nothing will ever compare to that.

This is the worst thread ever, Heat fans are jokes.

Point is there is emotion in Basketball...getting mad that someone celebrated just show how petty Rose can get.

bovice163
thin skinned?

Losses in the game of basketball don't get to me anymore. If a loss in a GAME were to actually get to me emotionally, then the purpose would be served. I understand why you dodged the question though, I just don't understand what people gain from trolling others. A cheap laugh? Satisfaction? All of those are primitive physical emotions which don't mean anything in the true grand scheme of things.

But to answer your question, the Pacers put so much effort into beating a depleted Bulls team, and then celebrated a meaningless game.

BowDown
01-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Anyone hating on Rose for saying something that is not even news-worthy, wishes he was running point on your team....

THE_G.O.A.T.
01-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Point is there is emotion in Basketball...getting mad that someone celebrated just show how petty Rose can get.

You've never played competetive sports before have you?:facepalm:

BowDown
01-26-2012, 05:00 PM

Are you like 10?

Rose doesn't need to get mad and he's not mad.

blastmasta26
01-26-2012, 05:01 PM
I have no problem with it.... but really no player should have to be motiviated because of something someone else did. They should be able ot do it on their own.
Well I'm sure Rose is already well-motivated, this will just push him even more. Jordan drew motivation from rivalries.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-26-2012, 05:01 PM

Are you serious man? If LeBron showed this much concern and care after getting beat, that would be great to see. In fact, it would have been nice for him to not call all the NBA fans out after losing in the finals with the "People who hate me will get back to their own lives blah blah blah" and should've come out and said "Can't wait to get back to the Finals and redeem ourselves, hopefully it'll be against the Mavs".

THE_G.O.A.T.
01-26-2012, 05:02 PM
I really think Heat fans are still mad that D-Rose won the MVP over Lebron.

SportsFanatic10
01-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Actually, in the spirit of this thread, I would even narrow it down to Kobe/Rose. They've been outspoken in terms of this "I'm the best and hate to lose" mindset and have backed it up. Dirk and Wade are also winners but I don't see the type of absolute hate of losing that Kobe and Rose project.

lol you just dont follow certain players enough to make that judgment. when the heat lost to boston in 5 games (should of been a sweep but wade went off for over 40 pts i believe to get the heat their 1 win and averaged 35 for the series) wade said after the game that it would be his last 1st round exit for a long time. then he invites lebron to join/take over his team. that should tell people how badly he wants to win and how small his ego is. and after losing the finals he could hardly leave his room untill finally he realized life goes on and his kids helped get him out of that funk. then he comes back in the best shape of his career for this season and once hes healthy he'll be beasting again soon.

naps
01-26-2012, 05:03 PM
I personally have nothing with what Rose said but funny thing is people who are defending Rose here and acting innocent (rightfully so) would bash the **** of it if it was LeBron James.

Heediot
01-26-2012, 05:04 PM

.......and the rest! LOL

Says who, Kobe? LMAO, he projects his idea of competitiveness, will and spirit onto other player's mentality/soul.

dnewguy
Are you like 10?

Rose doesn't need to get mad and he's not mad.

ok, I guess he's just acting like my Hampster....when I take his corn away.

Rosh
1) This is a regular season game.
2) That was Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals against a team (LeBron?) that anointed themselves champions 7+ times in the future.
3) If LeBron had that same kind of competitive fire, the Heat would be the one with the hardware this offseason, not Dallas.

naps
01-26-2012, 05:05 PM

Beware before generalizing "Heat fans." I am Heat fan and I have no problem with what Rose said. You already mentioned the entire fanbase twice in this thread. Grow up.

SportsFanatic10
01-26-2012, 05:06 PM

naw howard should of had it.

BowDown
01-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Why is this even a thread?

KB-Pau-DH2012
I personally have nothing with what Rose said but funny thing is people who are defending Rose here and acting innocent (rightfully so) would bash the **** of it if it was LeBron James.

That's the thing, LeBron calls out his fans and haters, not the team or guy that beats him. The only thing closest to that was probably LeBron not shaking Dwight's hand at the end of the 09 ECF.

Remember 07 Finals against Spurs, where after getting swept, he was joking in the lockerroom with Tim Duncan after Duncan just had his champagne bath?

dnewguy
1) This is a regular season game.
2) That was Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals against a team (LeBron?) that anointed themselves champions 7+ times in the future.
3) If LeBron had that same kind of competitive fire, the Heat would be the one with the hardware this offseason, not Dallas.

Well Kobe is competitive.........he got swept.

naps

.......and the rest! LOL

Sure everything Kobe does is competitiveness and when the same things are done by somebody else that becomes lame because Kobe earned it :rolleyes:

C_Mund
I just think he's beginning to see the Pacers as a threat. If Detroit or Toronto won this game he could chalk it up to poor play but the fact is that Indiana is getting really good. I see nothing wrong with that bringing the competitive side out of Rose

SportsFanatic10

this...can't work both ways

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Sure everything Kobe does is competitiveness and when the same things are done by somebody else that becomes lame because Kobe earned it :rolleyes:

It was a joke buddy, settle down.

THE_G.O.A.T.
01-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Beware before generalizing "Heat fans." I am Heat fan and I have no problem with what Rose said. You already mentioned the entire fanbase twice in this thread. Grow up.

No, all I ever read on this website is people with little Heat logos up by their names bash everyone else without ever recognizing that THE HEAT HAVEN'T WON ****. This thread is a perfect example.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Well Kobe is competitive.........he got swept.

What's your point?

D-Wade and Shaq also got swept in the first rd of the playoffs against the Bulls in 2007.

LeBron got swept in 2007 finals against Spurs.

SportsFanatic10
01-26-2012, 05:10 PM

lol true...when lakers lost to heat last year and kobe makes a big deal out of shooting on the heats court for an hr after the game i had to laugh. there was a practice gym that was private right there but he uses the one the media can have access to just to look good. hes great but i think hes tried to hard to show a certain image with his scowl and all.

naps
That's the thing, LeBron calls out his fans and haters, not the team or guy that beats him. The only thing closest to that was probably LeBron not shaking Dwight's hand at the end of the 09 ECF.

Remember 07 Finals against Spurs, where after getting swept, he was joking in the lockerroom with Tim Duncan after Duncan just had his champagne bath?

And that's why LeBron is not competitive? Competitiveness =/= Hatred and jealousy.

ravistarr

Man, you are just trying to create hate

ravistarr
01-26-2012, 05:11 PM

plus, it was after a sick dunk. Just to put in context, you troll

Gram
01-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Only a Knick fan.

naps
01-26-2012, 05:14 PM
No, all I ever read on this website is people with little Heat logos up by their names bash everyone else without ever recognizing that THE HEAT HAVEN'T WON ****. This thread is a perfect example.

You are just mad. Every fanbase has bad apples. From what I have seen 99% Bulls fans hate LeBron 24/7.

KB-Pau-DH2012
And that's why LeBron is not competitive? Competitiveness =/= Hatred and jealousy.

Nope, nothing about competitiveness, all I'm saying is that Rose shouldn't be crucified for doing this. "It would be nice" for LeBron to show the same passion after a loss instead of doing interviews with a Yankee cap on (the day after they lose to Orlando in ECF) or introducing a "Check my Stats" T-Shirt or "All I Do Is Win" after losing a game or playoff series or bad mouthing the fans and telling them "yall will get back to your ordinary lives blah blah blah".

How about going after the guy or guys that just beat you instead of taking it out on the NBA fans (which he did after losing in the finals last yr to Dallas).

Chicagofaithful

Your thoughts.........

lol :facepalm:

my work here is done

tmacsc2
01-26-2012, 05:16 PM

Your thoughts.........

LMFAO! Where did you get that from!!?

redwhitenblue
01-26-2012, 05:16 PM
What, exactly, is bad about his quote?

Did he say "that was over the top, I'm gonna beat them so bad next time"?

No, he said he won't forget it and can't wait to play them again.

Last time Rose said something similar was when the Kings came back from a big deficit in 2009 and celebrated big on the Bulls court. The next time the Kings visited, the Bulls won by 40. The Kings haven't beaten the Bulls since that comeback game.

NYKnicksAllDay
01-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Only a Knick fan.

He's a Heat fan?? :confused:

Raph12
01-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Get over it, people celebrating a win over your team must mean you guys are that good... What a sore loser.

Kuya_Clive
01-26-2012, 05:18 PM
can't we all just get along?

northsider
01-26-2012, 05:20 PM
hahahahahhaahahahah Dnewguys pathetic attempt at getting people to bash Rose turns into a complete fail.

Nice try.

I NEVER want a player who accepts losing.

KB-Pau-DH2012
And guys, just look at it from the perspective that last yr in the playoffs, the 8th seeded Pacers gave the 1st seeded Bulls all they could handle. The Pacers matchup well with the Bulls, so D.Rose knows that they are a possible threat and they could very well meet up in the playoffs again, maybe this time the Pacers will be good enough to get out of the 1st rd and we'll see a rematch in the EC Semis.

Da Knicks
like your sig dnewguy leave it for the remainder of the season!

jericho
01-26-2012, 05:21 PM
i hate rose and everything but i have no problem with that statement whats wrong with hating to lose dont we all hate that obviously we have to bring 2 bags the losing 1 and the winning 1 but dont we all want to get away with the winning 1

KB-Pau-DH2012
hahahahahhaahahahah Dnewguys pathetic attempt at getting people to bash Rose turns into a complete fail.

Nice try.

I NEVER want a player who accepts losing.

DNewguy is planting an idea in my mind as we speak (INCEPTION STYLE)...

D. Rose is a douchebag, the worst human being in the world, and should be crucified, cut up and eaten up for lunch and left over dinner. :)

Canterbury
thin skinned?

Like LeBron and how he remembers every single tweet.

justinnum1
01-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Why is this a big deal? :yawn:

THE_G.O.A.T.
01-26-2012, 05:22 PM
You are just mad. Every fanbase has bad apples. From what I have seen 99% Bulls fans hate LeBron 24/7.

I wouldn't call the Heat posters on here "bad apples" they just get really defensive and often times say mis-informed things. And, LeBron has more talent than anyone else to ever have played the game. He's given up on his hometown, is prone to verbal gaffs, and he is the most visible player in the world. He is bigger than the Heat. People are going to hate on him, that doesn't mean they are hating on the Heat. Nobody really cares about the rest of the Heat. Its not just Bulls fans, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the Heat. LeBron is bigger than any team.

Nick O
01-26-2012, 05:23 PM
lol the heat got the bulls back though by ripping them apart in the next 4

jericho
01-26-2012, 05:24 PM

wasnt he suppose to delete his account cus of a bet he lost or something a long time ago

lol

we got a loser trying to call somebody else a loser wow lmao hahaha

dnewguy
01-26-2012, 05:26 PM

Thanks. Just did my best nominating the Rupaul of point guards.

Canterbury
01-26-2012, 05:30 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=619731

Greet
01-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Why wouldn't you love a guy that has that competitiveness? Indy did nothing wrong, that was a tough win. But what is Rose supposed to do, go high five them? **** them, he wants to beat them even more now. Good for him.

I think everyone would kill to have their superstar player seething at the thought of losing.

I'd much rather have my superstar put up 34/11 against one of the best defensive teams in the NBA, while hitting a last second shot to force the game into OT and then hitting the 3 to win......but that's just me ;)

jericho
01-26-2012, 05:37 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=619731

naw it was something else i think it was a bet but im way to lazy to go looking up everything
its just stupid he lost didnt delete his acct and now hes trying to bash somebody for hating to lose
plz

adidas2307
01-26-2012, 05:38 PM
No one likes you, dnewguy.

dnewguy
01-26-2012, 05:44 PM
No one likes you, dnewguy.

I beg to differ. I like myself.....making your statement untrue.

JNA17
01-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Rose has grown on me...

Kobe, Rose and CP3 are really the only players that seem to have that killer instinct and despise at the thought of losing.

Good for him.

chicago lulz
01-26-2012, 05:54 PM

Beware before generalizing "those who are defending Rose". I am one who would defend Rose's statement, and I would not bash LeBron James for making a similar statement.

adidas2307
01-26-2012, 05:55 PM

Just give yourself another high-five, bud.

justinnum1
01-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Beware before generalizing "those who are defending Rose". I am one who would defend Rose's statement, and I would not bash LeBron James for making a similar statement.

If true, you would be in the minority...

Nothing wrong with what rose said.

Kuya_Clive
01-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks. Just did my best nominating the Rupaul of point guards.

This is the Rupaul of the NBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mql-_NN55TQ

skip to 3:12 ^

Nothing against the Heat but this is pretty funny
actually the whole video is funny

JNA17
01-26-2012, 05:58 PM

Not even true. You hate yourself with a passion. Otherwise, you wouldn't be the worst poster on this entire site.

Even im starting to feel some pity for you.

HouRealCoach
He should be waiting for Miami.. But I like his attitude

chicago lulz
If true, you would be in the minority...

Nothing wrong with what rose said.

Point being, generalizations are never fun.

CTCUBBIES
01-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Some of you guys are real fools. Reading comprehension would help. Rose NEVER said the Pacers couldn't celebrate or enjoy their victory - he's saying it stings to see a team celebrate on his home court and it will motivate him. What is wrong with that exactly?

Also read this quote from Brewer - it wasn't just the celebration on the court that fans saw but also stuff going on in the corridor and locker rooms.

"When you're walking off the court, you're in the same corridor," Brewer said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "And we were walking into our locker room, and you could hear those guys celebrating, cheering, screaming, and that kind of hit home with a lot of guys on our team.

"We're all competitors. They're in our division. Every time we play them it's a tough matchup. And especially in front of our fans, you don't want to have a letdown and lose at home. To hear them do like that adds a little fuel to the fire. We talked about it after the game."

Hawkeye15
01-26-2012, 06:03 PM
OP, I am not sure if it was your intent to bait when you made this thread (I don't think it was), but it turned into that fast.

Its a harmless statement. Get over it.

Closed.

SteBO
01-26-2012, 06:07 PM
There's nothing wrong with Rose said at all. Why this is even being overblown is just astonishing to me. Must either be another slow news day or yet another silly attempt to bash the guy for no reason.....Closed.

Rosh
01-26-2012, 06:53 PM
EDIT :: Just saw this was closed.