PDA

View Full Version : Landry Fields

nycericanguy
01-26-2012, 02:33 PM
So many negative NY Knick threads here, so I figured I'd make a positive one.

Landry Fields has quietly turned his season around and looks much more comfortable playing with Melo & Amare as of late. I know he had alot of doubters saying he was a fluke last year before the trade, but he seems to be turning into a solid ALL AROUND player.

Last 5 games

15.2 ppg
4.0 apg
4.0 rpg
1.6 spg
56% FG

Could he be that solid 4th guy for NY? Is he a legitimate starting player in this league?

Fresno
01-26-2012, 02:42 PM
So many negative NY Knick threads here, so I figured I'd make a positive one.

Landry Fields has quietly turned his season around and looks much more comfortable playing with Melo & Amare as of late. I know he had alot of doubters saying he was a fluke last year before the trade, but he seems to be turning into a solid ALL AROUND player.

Last 5 games

15.2 ppg
4.0 apg
4.0 rpg
1.6 spg
56% FG

Thats nice, but you didnt post his terrible 3PT% which is really whats hurting the Knicks since they have no one to help with spacing when Melo or Amare attracts attention with the ball.

Could he be that solid 4th guy for NY?
1- Melo
2- Amare
3- Baron

Maybe he could be that 4th guy, but he really is going to have to outplay Shumpert at the SG position.

Is he a legitimate starting player in this league?
No. Definetly not at SG where the Knicks are forced to play him.

I think hes a rotational starter kinda like Ronnie Brewer/Courtney Lee is.

Probably a guy who starts some games due to injuries and then comes off the bench for 75% of the season.
He'll be a good role player who can give you maybe 20-25 MPG each season.

P Styles
01-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Doesn't warrant a thread, but he's a good backup small forward.

nycericanguy
01-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Thats nice, but you didnt post his terrible 3PT% which is really whats hurting the Knicks since they have no one to help with spacing when Melo or Amare attracts attention with the ball.

1- Melo
2- Amare
3- Baron

Maybe he could be that 4th guy, but he really is going to have to outplay Shumpert at the SG position.

No. Definetly not at SG where the Knicks are forced to play him.

I think hes a rotational starter kinda like Ronnie Brewer/Courtney Lee is.

Probably a guy who starts some games due to injuries and then comes off the bench for 75% of the season.
He'll be a good role player who can give you maybe 20-25 MPG each season.

Well I meant 4th behind Chandler, Amare & Melo

Yea his 3 hasn't been falling yet this year, but he's still been very good as of late.

LongIslandIcedZ
01-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Its a shame that the Knicks weird offense likes to use him to space the floor. It's not his game at all, he's being forced to play outside his element. He is at his best when he is cutting and slicing around the rim. He is very good around the rim and a very overrated 3 point shooter (I think he has a 3pt Icon in 2k12). He has a very high bball IQ and can be a solid all around player in the league. He's certainly been better than Shumpert the last couple weeks.

waveycrockett
01-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Solid 8th man on a good team

Byronicle
01-26-2012, 02:56 PM
what about iman shupert? lets not forget him

Fresno
01-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Well I meant 4th behind Chandler, Amare & Melo

Yea his 3 hasn't been falling yet this year, but he's still been very good as of late.

If Chandler is getting more touches then he'd be a 5th/6th guy then.

daleja424
01-26-2012, 02:58 PM
He has played well recently. I dont know what happened to him earlier this year. His form was awful... it looked like he had forgotten how to shoot a basketball. But he has been pretty darn good the past week. One of the few bright spots for the Knicks this year (along with Chandler).

alexander_37
01-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Knicks forum...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-26-2012, 03:02 PM
knicks forum?

Robbw241
01-26-2012, 03:07 PM
knicks Forum!

Becks2307
01-26-2012, 03:08 PM
knicks forum I'm sorry

2-ONE-5
01-26-2012, 03:16 PM
no one cares about Landry Fields

Fresno
01-26-2012, 03:17 PM
what about iman shupert? lets not forget him

I think Shumpert has a lot of upside.

You can tell he has some good NBA level skills espescially at his size(6'6 220). Hes a good ballhandler, great athlete, shows potential on defending either guard position but he's neither a Point Guard or Shooting Guard right now. His jumper is too inconsistent to be a full-time SG and hes not a good enough passer to be a full-time PG.

But he actually knows hes not a finished product and says hes going to work hard to improve his jumper.

alexander_37
01-26-2012, 03:24 PM
no one cares about Landry Fields

Not even Landry Fields.