PDA

View Full Version : dantoni out, zenmaster in!

babyang04
01-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Stephen a smith on 1050 am radio said if knicks stink it up in Miami hesaid he won't make it through the week. And he said how he's been hearing from people in la that Phil wanted to coach the knicks before he hung it up for food. Thoughts fellas?

theLgndKllr35
01-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Had no idea Phil was hanging it up for food. At least he'll eat well.

Celticsfan2007
01-26-2012, 02:07 PM
no source?

failure.

LongIslandIcedZ
01-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Stephen A said that he talked to some L.A guys a few years ago and they thought that before Jackson retired for good, he would coach the Knicks and try to win another ring. He also said that even if Jackson definitely wanted to coach the Knicks, Dolan may not sign him. He doesnt want the Knicks to be the retirement home of coaches like Larry Brown and Lenny Wilkins.

Badluck33
01-26-2012, 02:15 PM
lol @ SAS and lol @ NYK

Knickerbocker34
01-26-2012, 02:17 PM
has anything stephen a smith said held any water?

unconfirmed sources: amare and chandler for howard?

guy out in LA: Phil want to coach knicks

his source is probly anthony crispino from snl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz9o12ycvAk

Rockice_8
01-26-2012, 02:17 PM
If he wants to win another ring NYK is not looking like the place.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-26-2012, 02:18 PM
haha

John Walls Era
01-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Stephen Nay Smith is rarely right. Dantoni is definitely going to get fired if they keep this up, but Phil must be seeing something we aren't if he wants to go there.

smith&wesson
01-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Smith is obsessed with the knicks.

jimbobjarree
01-26-2012, 02:22 PM

so is this forum. May as well re-name it the Knicks subforum

drew_ellis_23
01-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Stephen Nay Smith is rarely right. Dantoni is definitely going to get fired if they keep this up, but Phil must be seeing something we aren't if he wants to go there.

He could run the triangle with the pieces they have. Knicks have a good enough roster to win, just the wrong coach. Melo could play the role of Kobe, and Amare could play the role of Gasol. and Chandler is a good C.

blahblahyoutoo
01-26-2012, 02:56 PM
phil gots kizz to feed rah?
he kizz gon hungry rah?

Nick O
01-26-2012, 03:04 PM
OMG i hope this is true.. Phil is the man..

Pierzynski4Prez
01-26-2012, 03:11 PM
this is believable

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-26-2012, 03:14 PM
He could run the triangle with the pieces they have. Knicks have a good enough roster to win, just the wrong coach. Melo could play the role of Kobe, and Amare could play the role of Gasol. and Chandler is a good C.

Are you serious?

Amare cant post up to save his life, he would never work in triangle. He's only useful in pick and roll. Look at gasol how he's dribbling and passing, Amare could never do that, when he tends to dribble or go to baseline its an automatic turnover.

noodle
01-26-2012, 03:17 PM
As a Knicks fan, I'm just hopeful the first part of this statement is true. Hell I'd let Rex Ryan coach the team at this ****ing point.

eddiev22
01-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Stephen a smith smokes to much _______!

nystandup
01-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Stephen a smith smokes to much _______!

So does Phil Jackson

Rockice_8
01-26-2012, 03:32 PM

You need a good post presence and post passer to run the triangle and the Knicks don't have either. Amare is not that type of player, he's a pick and roll guy. The only thing they do have for the triangle is Melo and maybe Baron when he gets back (a good shooting PG).

Knicks should be running P&R all day with Melo and Amare put the ball in the hands of Melo and runs screens with Amare all day long. The problem is though that they don't have the shooters to complement the P&R.

xILLN355
01-26-2012, 03:32 PM
or they could just go after jerry sloan

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Knicks are stuck with (D)-'Antoni for the rest of the season, Phil would never come back in the middle of a season, and that too during a shortened season where he would regard the NBA Champion with an asterisk.

I can only see Phil come back at the start of the 2012-2013 season, but only for a 2 yr deal, due to age and health issues. He would have to win a championship in that 2-yr window for the Knicks.

NYK|NYY
01-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Well, spoiler alert: we won't beat Miami.

uprightciti
01-26-2012, 03:41 PM
I have a feeling this ***** going down....
Firing MDA that is

you can see it in his face...

the knicks should not suck as much as they do right now

you have a top 5 rookie
the steal of the draft from last year
2 Super Stars
and A Top Center

not to mention a solid PG on the mend
and some dudes in china looking from the outward in that could be swept up in March

Zen Master WE ARE CALLING FOR YOU IN THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD!!!:speechless::speechless::speechless::speec hless::speechless:

scutch11
01-26-2012, 03:49 PM
I have a feeling this ***** going down....
Firing MDA that is

you can see it in his face...

the knicks should not suck as much as they do right now

you have a top 5 rookie
the steal of the draft from last year
2 Super Stars
and A Top Center

not to mention a solid PG on the mend
and some dudes in china looking from the outward in that could be swept up in March

Zen Master WE ARE CALLING FOR YOU IN THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD!!!:speechless::speechless::speechless::speec hless::speechless:

Statements like this are why everyone hates New York.

I'd love Phil but all that matters is that D'Antoni is gone. He just wants to plug players into his system and let it run, makes no adjustments at all throughout the season -- especially in game.

iliketurtles24
01-26-2012, 03:52 PM
has anything stephen a smith said held any water?

unconfirmed sources: amare and chandler for howard?

guy out in LA: Phil want to coach knicks

his source is probly anthony crispino from snl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz9o12ycvAk

im sure he has said bowl, or cup etc.

LTBaByyy
01-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Unless Knicks get Dwight Howard, they wont be going anywhere

uprightciti
01-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Statements like this are why everyone hates New York.

I'd love Phil but all that matters is that D'Antoni is gone. He just wants to plug players into his system and let it run, makes no adjustments at all throughout the season -- especially in game.

Well New York is The Greatest City in the world so....HATERS GONNA HATE!!!

lol

Phil aint coming out of retirement for some scrub *** team fighting for the playoffs

but i try to keep my hopes up...

naps
01-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Stephen a smith on 1050 am radio said if knicks stink it up in Miami hesaid he won't make it through the week. And he said how he's been hearing from people in la that Phil wanted to coach the knicks before he hung it up for food. Thoughts fellas?

:facepalm:

At least change the ****ed up title. It's absolutely misleading. I thought it's already done when I saw the title, then I opened up the thread and I was like WTF

elonepb
01-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Oh it's this thread again? I feel like it happens at least once or twice a year with Knicks fans.

KNICKS R BACK
01-26-2012, 04:05 PM

first of all its stephen NAISMITH as in james naismith...skip bayless calls him that because stephen A acts like hes the guy that invented basketball and nobody else knows what they are talking about...2nd of all phil jackson started his career here as a player and won a ring or 2 in the early 70's with the knicks...he has been talking very favorably about the knicks since he retired its not out of the realm of possibility that he will complete the cycle and come back to where it all started to finish his career...although i definetly dont think it will be this year, next year...phil wants his full year off...mike dantoni will get fired and woodson will take over for the rest of the year

KNICKS R BACK
01-26-2012, 04:06 PM

that's because he's a knicks fan...hello?

KapnKnicks87
01-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Although a bit believable this is not going to happen. The knicks FO love mike lol

therealwd27
01-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Knicks cant run a triangle cut it out -__-..Melo isnt anything like Kobe..Melo isnt a Superstar..Hes an All star..Amare is nothing like gasol..Baron Davis coming back healthy is misleading in itself..Guy has played 82 games 3 times his career and 1 of them being his rookie year..Knicks do not need a Phil Jackson type coach..They already dont play good defense and a laid back coach isnt going to help that..They need a hard nose in your face do what the **** I say type coach..Someone who will tell Melo stop shooting!! Start passing..They need someone who will play a better rotation, they need to realize they made a mistake paying Chandler 17mil per year..Guy did good on a contract year and got overpaid..He was successfull because he was on a GOOD TEAM with GOOD WING DEFENDERS and a GOOD SYSTEM.. In order to utilize what the knicks have best they need a different coach 100% but Phil Jackson is not the guy

Corey
01-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Nice source!

Please refrain from making threads like this without a source. Thanks.