PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard would consider Boston

JordansBulls
01-26-2012, 12:48 PM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?&articleid=1398798&format=&page=1&listingType=celt#articleFull

ďAlways. Always,Ē Howard said. ďIíd always listen to a team like that.Ē

Howard said his primary goal is to win a championship.

ďMy thing is I want to win,Ē Howard said. ďItís not something like Iím doing this for money. I win. I want to do it my way.

ďThe first thing is basketball. I want to win a championship, and it takes a certain type of team to win a championship. You know, thereís a lot of teams who are great during the regular season. They play well, but itís different once you play in those playoffs, you know? Itís gut-check time.

ďLike I told the Magic, I just want to win. I donít want a team that doesnít know how you have to win in the playoffs. I want a team thatís going to go out every night and forget about stats, forget about who scores the most points or who is the fan favorite. Just go out and play, play for each other and play to win. Thatís the only thing.Ē

Celticsfan2007
01-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Saw this earlier in the globe... Doesn't mean **** IMO.

Just like Lebron had the "Decision"

Dwight has the "List" and Boston isn't on it.

MagicBucsSox
01-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Dwight likes [__insert big city here___]

If he wants to win why not okc? Chi? Mia? Etc. This clown is who demanded Vince Carter, Nelson not being traded,baby, ok'd Richardson and arenas

elonepb
01-26-2012, 12:54 PM
All this indicated to me was that he hasn't changed his mind at all about leaving Orlando.

LakersKB24
01-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Can this make up his mind already? Which team hasn't he been connected to yet? Ridicolous...

D12 fan
01-26-2012, 01:08 PM
We know 1 thing for sure,he wants out of Orlando,he basically said I will play out the rest of the season in Orlando,then im out in the offseason.

sixer04fan
01-26-2012, 01:10 PM
If you read between the lines, he's clearly saying that he wants to be a Sixer. Right?

rapjuicer06
01-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Maybe someone should tell him it takes a certain type of player to win championships. Players make the team...Boston was bad for awhile, which was why they went and got Ray and KG.

rapjuicer06
01-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Dwight likes [__insert big city here___]

If he wants to win why not okc? Chi? Mia? Etc. This clown is who demanded Vince Carter, Nelson not being traded,baby, ok'd Richardson and arenas

In all fairness, he did not ok Arenas. He was pissed when Lewis was traded

Hellcrooner
01-26-2012, 01:21 PM
blah blah blah.

want to win? how bout joining Wolves? with howards adition they could defintely win, and be young enough to do so for a extended period of time.

oh, but is not all bout winning isnt it dwghty?

YoungOne
01-26-2012, 01:29 PM
blah blah blah.

want to win? how bout joining Wolves? with howards adition they could defintely win, and be young enough to do so for a extended period of time.

how much caproom they will have next season!?

Corey
01-26-2012, 01:32 PM
This doesn't mean a thing.

He's just being a politician, as he should.

Dade County
01-26-2012, 01:35 PM
If you read between the lines, he's clearly saying that he wants to be a Sixer. Right?

Honestly, I thought he was talking about the HEAT.

Hellcrooner
01-26-2012, 01:36 PM
how much caproom they will have next season!?

they can make some or offer a good package for dwight while keeping rubio and love

Law25
01-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Dosent work. His image and style of play dosent fit the city. When you think Celtics you dont think athletic superstar, playboy, goofy, spotlight seeker, and pregame antics. When you think Celtics its more blue collar, hard nose, gritty, boarder line psycho, crafty and very skilled stars.

Apathe
01-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Minnesota has been killing it lately! Love and Howard would kill the boards!

Corey
01-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Dosent work. His image and style of play dosent fit the city. When you think Celtics you dont think athletic superstar, playboy, goofy, spotlight seeker, and pregame antics. When you think Celtics its more blue collar, hard nose, gritty, boarder line psycho, crafty and very skilled stars.

This is sort of BS.

Before last season when Griffin put LAC on the map, what did you think of when someone said 'Clippers'?

Laughing stock? Poor management? Perennial losers?

Griffin turns out to be a stud, and they get Paul, and they're suddenly 'Lob City'. Players can change a team's reputation like that.

John Walls Era
01-26-2012, 01:44 PM
blah blah blah.

He is talking about WINS in the win loss column. Not potential wins in the future. Any team adding Howard would win some games and make the playoffs, but hes not putting a perennial loser on his list. You can forget about Rubio-Dwight combo, since the Wolves not only fail to meet his requirements, but Dwight is clearly looking at the market as well (If Twolves were contenders, then he might look past this).

Apathe
01-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Minnesota has been killing it lately! Love and Howard would kill the boards!

Rubio
Ellington
Beasley
Love
Howard

Hello?

pd7631
01-26-2012, 01:53 PM

Lol, his description of the type of team he wants to play for fits the Sixers perfectly....unfortunately, we all know that he's not even thinking about us.

5ass
01-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Rubio
Ellington
Beasley
Love
Howard

Hello?
you mean,

Rubio
Webster
Williams
Love
Howard

6th man: Beasley at SF and PF.

obviously minny gives him a great chance to win for multiple years, but he wants to live somewhere like LA or NY. I cant blame him.

theLgndKllr35
01-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Rubio
Ellington
Beasley
Love
Howard

Hello?

Ellington and Beasley?

You're a hell of a lot better off convincing him based on Barea, Randolph, and Williams.

Even still, it's fairly irrelevant since I'm fairly certain the Wolves don't have the cap.

HouRealCoach
01-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Be smart people if they wanted Howard they would have to give up Williams/Milicic/Beasley/Wes/Draft pick or 2

Thats why u saw Ellington

DodgerBlue22
01-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Boston has the cap room to sign both him and Deron Williams next season with KG and Ray coming off the books. The Cs already have Rondo, Pierce and Bass locked up. Ray said a return to Boston if they were built to win is what he would prefer and it would be a team friendly deal. If Jeff Green is healthy and he should be he will remain with Boston even on a cheap one year prove yourself deal. How much more of a core could you want?? And yes they could add Deron even with Rondo much like Billups and Paul in LA. Rondo run the point move Deron over for the most part. We still have Bradley and Moore to move if needed too and Jujaun Johnson. This team would be instant favorites to win the NBA title!!

Rondo/Bradley
Deron/Ray
Pierce/Green
Bass/Johnson add Either of these Hickson/turiaf/jamison
Howard/ Either of these Thabeet/Mohammed/R.Lopez

5ass
01-26-2012, 02:27 PM
so does that mean that the list of teams he's willing to be traded to has gotten bigger? Maybe this whole list thing isnt true :shrug:

Chill_Will_24
01-26-2012, 02:53 PM
so does that mean that the list of teams he's willing to be traded to has gotten bigger? Maybe this whole list thing isnt true :shrug:

Its been reported and confirmed by too many people. He has a list and has never denied it. He DID deny the Clippers being on it but thats about all he has denied about his list.

alexander_37
01-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Dwight Howard thread...

Raps18-19 Champ
01-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Come to Toronto and play with Il Mago.

Rockice_8
01-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Boston has the cap room to sign both him and Deron Williams next season with KG and Ray coming off the books. The Cs already have Rondo, Pierce and Bass locked up. Ray said a return to Boston if they were built to win is what he would prefer and it would be a team friendly deal. If Jeff Green is healthy and he should be he will remain with Boston even on a cheap one year prove yourself deal. How much more of a core could you want?? And yes they could add Deron even with Rondo much like Billups and Paul in LA. Rondo run the point move Deron over for the most part. We still have Bradley and Moore to move if needed too and Jujaun Johnson. This team would be instant favorites to win the NBA title!!

Rondo/Bradley
Deron/Ray
Pierce/Green

Ahh no you don't. Not that it even matters but some quick calculations BOS will be about $20 mill under the cap next year. That's not enough to sign both so you can forget it.

Celticsfan2007
01-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Ahh no you don't. Not that it even matters but some quick calculations BOS will be about $20 mill under the cap next year. That's not enough to sign both so you can forget it.

Actually, no you don't. The Celtics will have 34.5 million committed beyond this season. The salary cap is 58 million this season with assumptions that it will be somewhere around 60 million next season.

With sign and trade rules combined with other contractual back alleys, it is very possible for the Celtics to sign two max contract guys this off-season.

mRc08
01-26-2012, 04:30 PM
If he doesn't care about money, and all he cares about is winning, like he says, he would go to the heat, bulls, OKC, lakers, clippers, etc. Take less and play for the best team in the offseason. Put you money where your mouth is, otherwise shut up. The whole "I just want to win" comments are just a politically correct excuse for leaving that fans can throw on management. I don't buy it that crap. How is NJ on his list if he just wants to win. Sure they have dwill, but it would take more than just those two for NJ to win the championship. If a team of lebron, wade, and bosh can't win on pure talent alone with minimal depth last year in their first year, no way howard and williams would.

shep33
01-26-2012, 04:30 PM
D12 is annoying.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Dwight is a man-child physically...and a child mentally.

mRc08
01-26-2012, 04:39 PM
I wonder how much of this "not winning" and "gut-check" time dwight takes responsibility for. Would the magic be doing, and have done better in the past, with lebron, wade, rose, or another star on that rost instead of him? He is the franchise player and is supposed to set the tone of the team and improve other players game mentally, yet he has publicly state he wants to leave for a better roster? cry baby

Rockice_8
01-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Actually, no you don't. The Celtics will have 34.5 million committed beyond this season. The salary cap is 58 million this season with assumptions that it will be somewhere around 60 million next season.

With sign and trade rules combined with other contractual back alleys, it is very possible for the Celtics to sign two max contract guys this off-season.

Well there's also this thing about cap holds which will add about $3.5 mil to your cap (meaning it'll be around $38 mil) and you can't assume the cap is anything so I used 58 mil. So again you'll have like $20 mil. If it does go to $60 then you have $22. I mean correct me if I'm wrong but $11 mil a piece isn't getting it done for two max guys.

S&T's that's if you have anything to trade. You have only 5 players under contract so if you want two max guys your gonna have to dump one of Pierce or Rondo or use them in a S&T. Don't give me "contractual back alleys" please be specific cause right now I'm not seeing it.

Nycbball08
01-26-2012, 05:01 PM

lol..

Nycbball08
01-26-2012, 05:16 PM

Tell that to Danny Ainge who would probably give up the farm right about now..

Raph12
01-26-2012, 05:34 PM
It's just political responses right now; the real story here is that he said there are "teams who are great during the regular season. They play well, but itís different once you play in those playoffs, you know? Itís gut-check time. Like I told the Magic, I just want to win. I donít want a team that doesnít know how you have to win in the playoffs."

Basically dismissing the Magic's current success, saying they choke when it counts.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-26-2012, 05:37 PM
im not sure if celtics have cap in the off season to sign him..but... if they dont im sure orlando would want rondo in any deal for d12..and if that happens then kg and ray ray also leave and whats left.. d12 and the truth??

thats not enuff to win ****....lol

shep33
01-26-2012, 05:37 PM
I wonder how many prank calls Otis gets from other GMs?

Wizards GM: "Hey Otis, we want Howard"
Otis: "Your not on the list"
Wizards GM: "We're the Wizards, we play with Magic...check your list again D12 clearly put us on there"
Otis: "What's your offer?"
Wizards GM: "I will give you... any one with the initials A.B. or J.M.
Otis: "You mean Andray Blatche and Javele Mcgee"
Wizards GM: "Otis your not listening, I said one of them"
Otis:"I don't want either"
Wizards GM: "I'll throw in Flip Saunders"
Otis: "......."
Wizards GM: "Otis maybe you haven't seen Javele's talents yet... he's a max contract player according to himself. Take a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNEbfjK-_EA

Otis: "What language is that video's text in?"

Wizards GM:"Elvish"

Wizards GM: "You know what Otis... I'm going to have to pull our offer from the table. I don't like your tone

DodgerBlue22
01-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Well there's also this thing about cap holds which will add about $3.5 mil to your cap (meaning it'll be around $38 mil) and you can't assume the cap is anything so I used 58 mil. So again you'll have like $20 mil. If it does go to $60 then you have $22. I mean correct me if I'm wrong but $11 mil a piece isn't getting it done for two max guys.

S&T's that's if you have anything to trade. You have only 5 players under contract so if you want two max guys your gonna have to dump one of Pierce or Rondo or use them in a S&T. Don't give me "contractual back alleys" please be specific cause right now I'm not seeing it.

Ok well we will have 5 guys signed going into next season. And it has been widely reported that the cap will be $61Mil next season. Either way this season they are paying exactly $74Mil in salaries. So let's say they keep that the exact same. Celtics owners will always be a luxury tax paying group. So using the figures below I guess they will spend roughly $40Mil on new players next season. if they have to they will move things around to bring in 2 max guys. And it doesn't have to be 2 max guys it can be Howard and 2 more really good players with an Allen and Green coming back for cheap. It's been Ainge's goal for the 2012 season all along. He will do whatever it takes.

2012 Contracts

Rondo- $11
Pierce-$16.8
Bass-$4
J.Johnson-$1.1
Avery Bradley-$1.6

Ebbs
01-26-2012, 06:01 PM
He should just surprise the **** out of everyone and sign with a contender for a 1 year minimum. Prove winning is the most important thing!

phoenix_bladen
01-26-2012, 06:42 PM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?&articleid=1398798&format=&page=1&listingType=celt#articleFull

howard should just stfu

if he wants a team that wants to win he should be the one motivating existing teammates to be better

that's what leaders too not just jump ship at first opportunity

phoenix_bladen
01-26-2012, 06:45 PM

what are you talking about ?

when does fitting into a team have anything to do with the city?

last time i remember about basketball it's a roster and the coaching staff that decides what they run not the city

phoenix_bladen
01-26-2012, 06:52 PM

Rondo/Bradley
Deron/Ray
Pierce/Green

and they can sign KG and allen back for lesser contracts too probably

DaVille
01-26-2012, 07:45 PM

Rondo/Bradley
Deron/Ray
Pierce/Green

sick! Any word on Ray and KG retirement plans? vet minimum for a year or two would be awesome.
anything is possible :)

jpagemn
01-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Howards list is getting remarkably long.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-27-2012, 12:09 AM
Bad timing for Dwight to come out and saying this. And now, giving up that lead. Ouch.

Corey
01-27-2012, 02:02 AM

Rondo/Bradley
Deron/Ray
Pierce/Green

And then you woke up

abe_froman
01-27-2012, 02:18 AM
would be a good move there,i get the cold blah blah but storied franchise,they have cap space to sign him and others

xBLAMEITON24x
01-27-2012, 02:31 AM
Dwight is testing the Magic, making comments like it not about the money. seems like he's threatening to walk. trying to convince the magic to trade him b4 the deadline