PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul and Pau Gasol trade barbs

jiwei123456
01-26-2012, 10:06 AM
LOS ANGELES -- If the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers didn't have a rivalry before Wednesday night, they certainly appear to have one now.

After Clippers forward Blake Griffin fouled Lakers forward Pau Gasol with 1.1 seconds remaining in the Lakers' 96-91 win, Clippers guard Chris Paul tried to grab the ball from Gasol's hands as the two began jawing at one another. Gasol and Paul continued to talk while Lakers guard Kobe Bryant got in front of the two as Gasol walked to the free throw line.
Before Gasol stepped to the line, he smiled and put his hand on top of Paul's head. Paul immediately shoved Gasol's hand away and tapped Gasol on his head.

"He tried to touch the top of my head. I don't like that," Paul said after the game. "I got a son of my own. I don't know if Pau got kids, but don't touch the top of my head like I'm one of your kids. I don't know what his intentions were, and it doesn't matter. I don't know if he's got kids, but I'm not one of them."

When Paul was asked why he tried to touch Gasol on his head, he said, "I went back and I tried to treat him like little Chris."

"You're a grown man," Paul said. "I'm not going to put my hand on top of your head. They beat us, and that's the story of the game."
Gasol, when he was told of Paul's reaction, said he didn't intend to disrespect Paul by touching his head.

"I'm sorry he felt that way," Gasol said. "I do that all the time with my teammates. It's OK. It's like if I touch your shoulder or your back. There's nothing mean about it, but it is what it is."

Bryant simply chalked up the incident to Paul's competitiveness, which mirrors his, after a tough loss.

"Chris is chippy," Bryant said. "I'm extremely chippy, and that DNA spreads to the rest of the team. That's how it is."
[/img] http://www.collegefun4u.com/track.php?u=8[/img]

jrm2054
01-26-2012, 10:29 AM
I don't want anyone touching my head

NYKnickFanatic
01-26-2012, 10:31 AM
I don't want anyone touching my head

Not even Taylor Swift? :eyebrow:

RowBTrice
01-26-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm glad the Clippers aren't taking **** from the Lakers. Makes it fun to watch.

rockbottom2010
01-26-2012, 10:39 AM

any guy touch a guys head unless its a girls.....thaaats a different story

rockbottom2010
01-26-2012, 10:41 AM
kobe will never get along with elite stars....ex....shaq.....malone...and payton....and hes sending a msg to dwight howard....if he comes to lakers....its still kobes team....now paul and kobe will never be teammates.......

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-26-2012, 10:42 AM
"He tried to touch the top of my head. I don't like that," Paul said after the game. "I got a son of my own. I don't know if Pau got kids, but don't touch the top of my head like I'm one of your kids. I don't know what his intentions were, and it doesn't matter. I don't know if he's got kids, but I'm not one of them."

this made me LOL

John Walls Era
01-26-2012, 11:19 AM
:laugh:

John Walls Era
01-26-2012, 11:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuZqcF7-R_0

Heres the clip. Too bad the game was over or we might have seen CP3 take a dive to try to get the call.

Jarvo
01-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Yea Chris Paul is one hell of an competitor, I seen him on ESPN E60 and he was pissed he lost in his charity bowling game against lebron lol. He probably be punking his teammates in the locker room also lol, I hope it rubs off on the rest of the clippers players.

elonepb
01-26-2012, 11:35 AM

I'd like to be touching the top of Taylor Swift's head

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-26-2012, 11:39 AM

Heres the clip. Too bad the game was over or we might have seen CP3 take a dive to try to get the call.

he mad

The goods
01-26-2012, 11:46 AM

Hahahaha I bet he would've but its nice to see gasol get into someones head even if its a 6 foot point guard lol,next time do it to griffin.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Didn't seem that bad to me. Looked one one friend just purposely irritating the other to me. I was hoping to see Paul and Pau in each others faces.

nickdymez
01-26-2012, 12:14 PM
kobe will never get along with elite stars....ex....shaq.....malone...and payton....and hes sending a msg to dwight howard....if he comes to lakers....its still kobes team....now paul and kobe will never be teammates.......

So its kobe's fault now?

Hellcrooner
01-26-2012, 01:04 PM
If you act like a child you get treated like a child.

Oh we are losing sob , sob ( chuckel) youare soft, youare soft, youare soft.

Ok little child its ok,( touches forehead) youl feel better tomorrow little child.

DoubleDragon
01-26-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm glad the Clippers aren't taking **** from the Lakers. Makes it fun to watch.

That game was a blast to watch. Great smashmouth chippy b-ball ala 80's (minus the handchecking)

Loved MWP, thought Gasol grew a bigger pair, just good TV:D

oh...and the win helped;)

jimbobjarree
01-26-2012, 01:33 PM
pathetic

smith&wesson
01-26-2012, 01:35 PM
looks like paul is a little insecure about his height. "little man sindrome"

Lake_Show2416
01-26-2012, 01:41 PM
u mad Chris?

miller74
01-26-2012, 01:44 PM
This is such a non story, Paul was mad hes lost, period.

AndrewJames1222
01-26-2012, 01:48 PM
I think Chris is still bitter that he is wearing red, blue, and white. Pau is just giddy he is wearing purple and gold. :rolleyes:

thephoenixson28
01-26-2012, 02:02 PM

So you mean to tell me Taylor swift has a penis.

miller74
01-26-2012, 02:04 PM
so you mean to tell me taylor swift has a penis.

fail

epizo1
01-26-2012, 02:09 PM
I didn't watch the game, but I saw the highlights, so it may have been out of context but Gasol does the head tap thing a lot. Even to his teammates. It's like a trademark of his. I don't think he meant anything by it. Just my opinion. Now, Paul may not have liked it which is fine. Don't know if I like a guy tapping my head but you gotta consider the source. In this case, it's a guy in Gasol that is known for that. So in my opinion it's a non issue going both ways. Imagine if Paul would have ended up on the Lakers? Contract clause probably would have included no head tapping from the big guy lol

kylem4711
01-26-2012, 03:15 PM
I think Chris is still bitter that he is wearing red, blue, and white. Pau is just giddy he is wearing purple and gold. :rolleyes:

why would he be bitter? clippers are a better team. its pretty hard to beat a team 4 times in a row.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-26-2012, 03:23 PM
why would he be bitter? clippers are a better team. its pretty hard to beat a team 4 times in a row.

Clippers may have the better chemistry now, but I'm sure regular season's end and playoffs will dictate a whole different storyline.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-26-2012, 03:26 PM

preseason:facepalm:

Gritz
01-26-2012, 03:58 PM

Cocaine's a helluva drug

That Guy Mooque
01-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Dunno if you guys caught it live last night, but right after that incident as Pau was lining up for the free throws, they cut the camera back to CP3 and Kobe just long enough to see CP3 mouth the words "He's soft" and Kobe shake his head yes.

EDIT: My bad, didn't see the video clip posted.

shep33
01-26-2012, 04:23 PM
That game was fun. As a Laker fan I think the Clips have a better roster than us, they're simply more talented. But if we can just have two guys step up outside of our big 3, particularly Metta + one of our guards, we'd still be a tough team to beat.

That being said, I don't think this will be the same Laker team come the deadline. So it's hard to judge right now

shep33
01-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Clearly the best part of that game was when Metta called Reggie Evans soft and gave him the glare of death.

Probably the first time Reggie has ever been called soft

DoubleDragon
01-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Dunno if you guys caught it live last night, but right after that incident as Pau was lining up for the free throws, they cut the camera back to CP3 and Kobe just long enough to see CP3 mouth the words "He's soft" and Kobe shake his head yes.

EDIT: My bad, didn't see the video clip posted.

I think Evans (and other Clippers) if my lip reading is any good, were calling Pau soft repeatedly throughout the game, trying to get in his head (which is fine). I too loved it when Metta stepped up to Evans in his protective role (like the Ron of old) and called Evans "you soft!" and then screamed "Do somethin'!" right near the camera. He was steppin up for his teammate.

Brilliant moment:clap:

That game was fun. As a Laker fan I think the Clips have a better roster than us, they're simply more talented. But if we can just have two guys step up outside of our big 3, particularly Metta + one of our guards, we'd still be a tough team to beat.

That being said, I don't think this will be the same Laker team come the deadline. So it's hard to judge right now

You're right. Chances are slim there won't be some changes.
I like the Clipper team. They've got some talent to spare (good for them finally)
It's all L.A. No Clipper hate here either. (But I do love the growing rivalry)

shep33
01-26-2012, 05:15 PM
I thought every Clipper was afraid of Ron Artest yesterday, it was fascinating to watch... I think the Lakers were afraid of him too lol. Kobe said this yesterday while talking to Chauncey on the court lol:

“Hey, you better talk to them,” Bryant advised the Clippers’ Chauncey Billups. “You better tell them to leave Ron alone. Someone is going to get their *** knocked out in front of everybody.”

dtmagnet
01-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Chris Paul = Carlton Banks.

shep33
01-26-2012, 05:17 PM
For anybody who missed it here's the video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSruhwZsc9c

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-26-2012, 05:30 PM
wtf are barbs???lol

Avenged
01-26-2012, 05:37 PM
You continue to insult Pau and can't handle a little pat on your head? I mean that's as soft as it gets. Ironic.

Raph12
01-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Kobe's always trying to find a way to make everything about him lol, no one cares that you too are "chippy" Kobe, get over yourself! :D

NYKnicksAllDay
01-26-2012, 05:50 PM
:laugh2:

Ebbs
01-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Do we have DNA evidence proving Paul is not Gasol's son? If not how can we be certain?

Lakerfan In NY
01-26-2012, 05:55 PM

:confused: You got all that from Pau touching CP3 head? I just thought he was mad cause he didn't want him to mess up his waves. :clap:

ChicagoRox
01-26-2012, 06:14 PM
LAC vs LAL is starting to remind of the 90's ball. I like the fact that the stars aren't trying to hold hands and sing. This is competitive, I don't like you, basketball.

KobemvpBryant24
01-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Kobe's always trying to find a way to make everything about him lol, no one cares that you too are "chippy" Kobe, get over yourself! :D

:facepalm:

kylem4711
01-26-2012, 06:21 PM
preseason:facepalm:

my bad, i forgot those games didn't mean anything because you guys lost them.

kylem4711
01-26-2012, 06:24 PM
I thought every Clipper was afraid of Ron Artest yesterday, it was fascinating to watch... I think the Lakers were afraid of him too lol. Kobe said this yesterday while talking to Chauncey on the court lol:

“Hey, you better talk to them,” Bryant advised the Clippers’ Chauncey Billups. “You better tell them to leave Ron alone. Someone is going to get their *** knocked out in front of everybody.”

while im pretty sure blake and deandre were scared, i highly doubt reggie evans was scared. He is so dumb he would fight an elephant if he had to.

shep33
01-26-2012, 06:36 PM
while im pretty sure blake and deandre were scared, i highly doubt reggie evans was scared. He is so dumb he would fight an elephant if he had to.

Yeah Reggie is just mean lol. I would love to see those two go at it.

smith&wesson
01-26-2012, 06:45 PM
reggie isnt scared of any one.

you guys must not know about how reggie almost ripped kamans balls off do you .. youtube it.

and i find it funny that a guy named world peace is the lakers tough guy .

Shlumpledink
01-26-2012, 06:59 PM
I don't think that him patting chris kamans balls equates to him being tough. If you recall, kaman retaliated and evans ran away.

Evans may not be scared of anyone, but he sure ran away from artest in a hurry.

kylem4711
01-26-2012, 07:02 PM
I don't think that him patting chris kamans balls equates to him being tough. If you recall, kaman retaliated and evans ran away.

Evans may not be scared of anyone, but he sure ran away from artest in a hurry.

wow, looks like we found someone who doesn't know what the word run means. kinda funny, i didn't think that was even possible.

netsgiantsyanks
01-26-2012, 07:10 PM
reggie isnt scared of any one.

you guys must not know about how reggie almost ripped kamans balls off do you .. youtube it.

and i find it funny that a guy named world peace is the lakers tough guy .

you do remember the malice in the palace, right?

Testaverde16
01-26-2012, 07:19 PM
my bad, i forgot those games didn't mean anything because you guys lost them.

no. they didnt mean anything because theyre preseason games... do you see them on either teams record?

lakerboy
01-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Dear LA Clippers,

Just move to Bakersfield, please.

northsider
01-26-2012, 07:23 PM
hahaahhahahahahah this prob. would've pissed me off too. Its as bad as my buddy who always says "whats up kid" and I am a year ****ing younger then him. I don't know why but, it bothers the **** out of me.

kylem4711
01-26-2012, 07:33 PM
no. they didnt mean anything because theyre preseason games... do you see them on either teams record?

i dont see your past championships on the record either, but that doesn't stop your fanbase from bringing that up everyday.

no i am not compairing championships to a preseason win. I am only trying to point out how laker fans think.

when they win, "AHHHHHHH we are the best ever!!!!!!! clippers suuuuck!!"
when they lose, "um, look at our banners"

rasajr23
01-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Here is Chris Paul's post game interview: http://youtu.be/qS7nqwGt4-I

kylem4711
01-26-2012, 07:34 PM
hahaahhahahahahah this prob. would've pissed me off too. Its as bad as my buddy who always says "whats up kid" and I am a year ****ing younger then him. I don't know why but, it bothers the **** out of me.

different things bother different people. i really dont like when a random guy, most likely a sales person, calls me boss.

KobeOwnSU
01-26-2012, 07:34 PM
That was by far the best game I have watched all year involving the Lakers...MWP is crazy. He looked like he wanted to kill someone last night and Pau is soft haha but so is CP3. I remember when he was in college and "punched" some guy in the nuts. What a *****.

northsider
01-26-2012, 07:35 PM
different things bother different people. i really dont like when a random guy, most likely a sales person, calls me boss.

Wow I call people boss all the time. I need to check that and sometimes I say chief as well.

KobeOwnSU
01-26-2012, 07:36 PM
i dont see your past championships on the record either, but that doesn't stop your fanbase from bringing that up everyday.

no i am not compairing championships to a preseason win. I am only trying to point out how laker fans think.

So you are comparing NBA championships to two preseason games?? Yes the Clips won two preseason games but there is no way in hell that can be compared to the championships the Lakers have won. So by all means, I believe the Laker fanbase has every right to bring them up. As do the clips fan base about the preseason games this year. Just don't compare the magnitude of them.

fresh prince
01-26-2012, 07:37 PM

You guys are better than us right now. We were better last night.

Happy now?

You shouldn't lump all fans in together. Its like saying all whites all blacks all asians all mexicans. etc.

Not a good look.

KobeOwnSU
01-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Wow I call people boss all the time. I need to check that and sometimes I say chief as well.

Ok. Gaylord!!! :p

ThunderousDemon
01-26-2012, 07:38 PM

Jumbaco!!!!

kylem4711
01-26-2012, 07:39 PM

haha, chief is the other one. it just seems so condescending to me.

northsider
01-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Ok. Gaylord!!! :p

That's actually the name of a big gang in Chicago.

haha, chief is the other one. it just seems so condescending to me.

I always kind of thought it gave guys a sense of entitlement. IDK but, I can totally see how someone would find it to be annoying.

kylem4711
So you are comparing NBA championships to two preseason games?? Yes the Clips won two preseason games but there is no way in hell that can be compared to the championships the Lakers have won. So by all means, I believe the Laker fanbase has every right to bring them up. As do the clips fan base about the preseason games this year. Just don't compare the magnitude of them.

you serious? please read the line i put in my comment that specifically addresses how i am not compairing championships to preseason games.

dtmagnet
Did you microwave your cel phone?

kylem4711
01-26-2012, 07:43 PM
You guys are better than us right now. We were better last night.

Happy now?

You shouldn't lump all fans in together. Its like saying all whites all blacks all asians all mexicans. etc.

Not a good look.

you are right, 95% of lakers fans are like that.

and no that doesn't make me happy to see you said that. I just think its funny how bi-polar 95% of your fanbase is.

bmd1101
01-26-2012, 07:45 PM
LOS ANGELES -- If the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers didn't have a rivalry before Wednesday night, they certainly appear to have one now.

After Clippers forward Blake Griffin fouled Lakers forward Pau Gasol with 1.1 seconds remaining in the Lakers' 96-91 win, Clippers guard Chris Paul tried to grab the ball from Gasol's hands as the two began jawing at one another. Gasol and Paul continued to talk while Lakers guard Kobe Bryant got in front of the two as Gasol walked to the free throw line.
Before Gasol stepped to the line, he smiled and put his hand on top of Paul's head. Paul immediately shoved Gasol's hand away and tapped Gasol on his head.

When Paul was asked why he tried to touch Gasol on his head, he said, "I went back and I tried to treat him like little Chris."

"You're a grown man," Paul said. "I'm not going to put my hand on top of your head. They beat us, and that's the story of the game."
Gasol, when he was told of Paul's reaction, said he didn't intend to disrespect Paul by touching his head.

"I'm sorry he felt that way," Gasol said. "I do that all the time with my teammates. It's OK. It's like if I touch your shoulder or your back. There's nothing mean about it, but it is what it is."

Bryant simply chalked up the incident to Paul's competitiveness, which mirrors his, after a tough loss.

"Chris is chippy," Bryant said. "I'm extremely chippy, and that DNA spreads to the rest of the team. That's how it is."
[/img] http://www.collegefun4u.com/track.php?u=8[/img]

Sounds like cp3 needs his diaper changed.

kylem4711
01-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Did you microwave your cel phone?

i didnt but thats what someone did. pretty cool that monsters live in cell phones though

Baller1
01-26-2012, 07:52 PM
:laugh:

Baller1
01-26-2012, 07:52 PM
I hate both of them, so this is hilarious.

KobeOwnSU
01-26-2012, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE=northsider;20729401]That's actually the name of a big gang in Chicago.

I was referencing a Dane Cook joke. Not a gang. My bad.

KobeOwnSU
01-26-2012, 07:54 PM
They killed my Jumbaco idea?!?!!?! :cry:

I wan Jumbacosssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!

fresh prince
01-26-2012, 07:54 PM
you are right, 95% of lakers fans are like that.

and no that doesn't make me happy to see you said that. I just think its funny how bi-polar 95% of your fanbase is.

Are you judging the "fans" by your interactions on PSD? Or the post game conversations you have with fans exiting Staples?

There's no way to make an educated assertion like that. You haven't even seen 95% of Laker fans let alone actually spoken to them to get their take.

Come on Man! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqJmZMCB4eY)

3mikee_
01-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Loved it when CP3 and Kobe were just going off behind mid court when Gasol was shooting his freethrows. Everybody on the Clippers bench were watching the two talk instead of the freethrows lol.

Wish I knew what they were saying.

Bruno
01-26-2012, 08:16 PM
You continue to insult Pau and can't handle a little pat on your head? I mean that's as soft as it gets. Ironic.

thanks.

Sssmush
01-26-2012, 09:08 PM
in the NBA they touch the butt. Touching the butt means "you got game, bro"

Hellcrooner
01-26-2012, 09:33 PM
How epic woudl be if Marc Gasol tipped pauls head tonight?

northsider
01-26-2012, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=northsider;20729401]That's actually the name of a big gang in Chicago.

I was referencing a Dane Cook joke. Not a gang. My bad.

Not really familiar with his sketches so that's prob. why I didn't catch it.

fresh prince
01-26-2012, 09:41 PM
How epic woudl be if Marc Gasol tipped pauls head tonight?

Really Really Really Epic..

:D

shep33
01-26-2012, 10:01 PM
I was reading CP3's lips when he was talking to Kobe, and it seems like he did say "he's soft man" to Kobe.

I love CP3, but I wish he wouldn't have said that just because he flops probably more than anyone in the league. It pains me to watch him do that because he's so much better than like 99% of the league, guy is a beast. That's the only part of his game that just gets to me.

Still probably a top 2 pg in this league.

kenzo400
01-26-2012, 10:24 PM

lol yeah, i'm sure Jordan was afraid of Artest. I'm pretty sure he can knock him down with an open hand.

Lake_Show2416
01-26-2012, 10:54 PM

wow, the Lakers play for titles while the Clippers still sadly play for relevance

everyone wants to dub the Lakers as their rival all the time, we have 1 rival, Boston & thats it..... everyone else we can careless bout, especially a team that has done absolutely nothing positive from a competitive aspect in its entire history

kylem4711
01-27-2012, 12:06 AM
in the NBA they touch the butt. Touching the butt means "you got game, bro"

haha

kylem4711
01-27-2012, 12:10 AM
wow, the Lakers play for titles while the Clippers still sadly play for relevance

everyone wants to dub the Lakers as their rival all the time, we have 1 rival, Boston & thats it..... everyone else we can careless bout, especially a team that has done absolutely nothing positive from a competitive aspect in its entire history

the clippers are clearly relevant. as a laker fan though, you have the most myopic point of view so i pretty much expect you think everything revolves around the lakers.

95%er

shep33
01-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Clippers are relevant I agree.... 1-12 they have a better roster than us (Lakers)

JerseysFinest
01-27-2012, 12:52 AM
On world star, theres a video that shows on the play before, you could see CP3 was mouthing that Gasol was soft

kblo247
01-27-2012, 01:18 AM
Clippers are relevant I agree.... 1-12 they have a better roster than us (Lakers)

They aren't better at best players.Kobe has had the best year out of him and Paul. That said yeah I'd take a lot of the clippers rotation after CP and Blake, like Billups and Caron or even Mo.

Kobe
Paul
Blake
Pau
Andrew
Chauncey
Caron
Mo
Deandre
Fish, Matt, Blake, MWP, and Josh depending on who shows up that day

And as for the Clippers as a whole. You can't have a rivalry until the playoffs is my belief. I just don't hunk it can be born until the postseason when you have to see each other for 2 weeks and begin to just get to one another. I can see how you can say you have one since they share a building, but let's be real, Staples is Kobes castle and they are the pions outside trying to survive off his bones since it opened, that's just real.

Gibby23
01-27-2012, 01:54 AM
the clippers are clearly relevant. as a laker fan though, you have the most myopic point of view so i pretty much expect you think everything revolves around the lakers.

95%er

They are relevant, but what matters is what they do with it. In 2005-2006 they were up and coming and fell hard and fast. They might be better than the Lakers, they might not, but the Lakers will win another title before the Clippers. I sure the Clippers dont win one with CP3, if they do, I won't post on PSD anymore. The same goes if they win a title before the Lakers, but they wont.

Corey
01-27-2012, 01:57 AM

Taylor can touch whatever she wants whenever she wants without question

:drool:

shep33
01-27-2012, 02:39 AM
Stromile Swift > Taylor Swift

Sssmush
01-27-2012, 02:45 AM

the CP3 sweepstakes begins July 1st

Sssmush
01-27-2012, 02:45 AM
the Griffin sweepstake begins July 1st 2013

Jeff559
01-27-2012, 02:49 AM
i'd like to be touching the top of taylor swift's head
this!!

SundaeBest
01-27-2012, 04:02 AM
you serious? please read the line i put in my comment that specifically addresses how i am not compairing championships to preseason games.

If you're not comparing championships to pre-season games, then why bring them up at all? OBVIOUSLY you were trying to draw parallels. What are you 3? Can't even follow your own logic? Pathetic.

Just because you say you weren't comparing the two does not negate the very obvious fact that you were. Try again please.

Also, you are making 2 completely separate arguments. Next time clear your head before you type. The reason LA fans bring up 16 championships, is BECAUSE they are EVIDENCE of the Lakers obviously being the better team. When your franchise hoists 16 banners up, you can use them as evidence of YOUR team's historical superiority.

Now if you want to argue about who is the better team this year, that's still a toss up.

Lastly, if you want to add pre-season games into the equation sure clippers have a better record against the Lakers this year, however, since pre-season has absolutely no impact on anything worth meaning, it is quite obvious that even though you guys may have the better roster, the teams are still 1-1 where it counts.

I see no valid point whatsoever that you have made in any of your posts leading to this.

LakersMaster24
01-27-2012, 04:42 AM
Stromile Swift > Taylor Swift

Robert Swift > Taylor Swift + Stromile Swift.

lakersfan01
01-27-2012, 05:01 AM
Chris Paul is like school in the summer: No class!

cutiepie80
01-27-2012, 05:19 AM
Chris Paul is like school in the summer: No class!

Oh man what I could have seen to see your face when you found out that trade happened only to have it turned back.

SportsAndrew25
01-27-2012, 06:10 AM
This is some cool stuff bro.

stawka
01-27-2012, 07:16 AM
So its kobe's fault now?

I was reading the post you replied to and thought the same thing you thought lol

But YES, it's Kobe's fault just like its LeBron's for the Mavs struggles

kylem4711
01-27-2012, 12:41 PM
the CP3 sweepstakes begins July 1st

you realize it doesn't right?

kylem4711
01-27-2012, 12:49 PM
If you're not comparing championships to pre-season games, then why bring them up at all? OBVIOUSLY you were trying to draw parallels. What are you 3? Can't even follow your own logic? Pathetic.

Just because you say you weren't comparing the two does not negate the very obvious fact that you were. Try again please.

Also, you are making 2 completely separate arguments. Next time clear your head before you type. The reason LA fans bring up 16 championships, is BECAUSE they are EVIDENCE of the Lakers obviously being the better team. When your franchise hoists 16 banners up, you can use them as evidence of YOUR team's historical superiority.

Now if you want to argue about who is the better team this year, that's still a toss up.

Lastly, if you want to add pre-season games into the equation sure clippers have a better record against the Lakers this year, however, since pre-season has absolutely no impact on anything worth meaning, it is quite obvious that even though you guys may have the better roster, the teams are still 1-1 where it counts.

I see no valid point whatsoever that you have made in any of your posts leading to this.

not my fault if you are a dummy. btw, if you are going to pull the "kid" card, you should probably pull a more realistic age like 15.

of course the lakers have had great teams which have led to championships. I cant and will never deny that. What I dont agree with is when the clippers do something good, ie trade for chris paul, beat the lakers, and your dumb fans say, wellllll, uhhhhhh, look at all the championships we have.

once laker fans quit saying stupid stuff i will stop being so defensive. since that will never happen, guess you will read what i have to say for a while. if you dont like it, block me.

Gibby23
01-27-2012, 02:38 PM
not my fault if you are a dummy. btw, if you are going to pull the "kid" card, you should probably pull a more realistic age like 15.

of course the lakers have had great teams which have led to championships. I cant and will never deny that. What I dont agree with is when the clippers do something good, ie trade for chris paul, beat the lakers, and your dumb fans say, wellllll, uhhhhhh, look at all the championships we have.

once laker fans quit saying stupid stuff i will stop being so defensive. since that will never happen, guess you will read what i have to say for a while. if you dont like it, block me.

Thats the thimg though, Clipper fans think it's a big deal to beat the Lakers because they have had nothing else to play for since forever. Most laker fans don't care if they get beat by the Clippers, they want to know what the Lakers will do to get the next ring. Like I said, the Clippers are good, but the lakers will rebuild on the fly and get another ring before the Clippers do. The Clippers are in the mix right now, but Im sure they won't have a banner inside Staples anytime soon. Lakers fans get upset if the team loses in the Finals like they did to Boston in 2008, Clipper fans are happy that the team has a legit shot to go to the playoffs.

kylem4711
01-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Thats the thimg though, Clipper fans think it's a big deal to beat the Lakers because they have had nothing else to play for since forever. Most laker fans don't care if they get beat by the Clippers, they want to know what the Lakers will do to get the next ring. Like I said, the Clippers are good, but the lakers will rebuild on the fly and get another ring before the Clippers do. The Clippers are in the mix right now, but Im sure they won't have a banner inside Staples anytime soon. Lakers fans get upset if the team loses in the Finals like they did to Boston in 2008, Clipper fans are happy that the team has a legit shot to go to the playoffs.

I can agree with some of what you said. The lakers will always rebuild and be a contender. its also possible that the lakers might get another ring before the clippers get one.

as a clipper fan, beating the lakers is big, jsut like its big when we beat the heat, bulls, or any other top tier team. Its also nice because there is an obvious playoff feel.

maybe in the past clippers hyped it up when we beat the lakers cause they weren't that good of a team, but times have changed. feel free to think they havent though. that just makes it more amusing.

Gibby23
01-27-2012, 04:26 PM
I can agree with some of what you said. The lakers will always rebuild and be a contender. its also possible that the lakers might get another ring before the clippers get one.

as a clipper fan, beating the lakers is big, jsut like its big when we beat the heat, bulls, or any other top tier team. Its also nice because there is an obvious playoff feel.

maybe in the past clippers hyped it up when we beat the lakers cause they weren't that good of a team, but times have changed. feel free to think they havent though. that just makes it more amusing.

I feel they have changed also, but they need to meet in the playoffs and the Clippers need to be good for a longer period of time to keep it going. It would be crazy if these 2 teams met in a 7 game series. No travel days for them...lol.