PDA

View Full Version : Forbez Magazine: Kobe Bryant Top Earner in NBA

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-25-2012, 02:54 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/01/kobe-bryant-top-earner-in-nba/1

Forbes Magazine has put out the list of top NBA earners and you won't be shocked by the guys at the top.

No. 1 is Kobe Bryant is $53.2 million. Forbes estimates his deals with Nike and other companies at $28 million a year. He currently has a 3-year, $84 million contract with the Lakers.

LeBron James is No. 2 at $49 million. There is a gap for the others in the top five: Dwight Howard, $28.9 million; Dwyane Wade, $27.7 million and Carmelo Anthony, $26.5 million.

Federal Reserve
01-25-2012, 02:55 PM
The Lakers were dumb to overpay for an aging shooting guard.

MetroMan
01-25-2012, 02:56 PM
the rich get richer

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-25-2012, 02:57 PM

He's actually getting underpaid relative to the amount of revenue he generates for the city of Los Angeles and the NBA as a whole. The more the Lakers make in profits, the more the NBA and David Stern get in "revenue sharing".

Thank you Mr. Kobe Bryant.

THE MTL
01-25-2012, 03:00 PM
I was surprised he made more than Lebron James at first, but then I realized that there is a 10 million per year difference in their NBA contracts and yet James was only 3 million away from top earner.

Now, Kobe Bryant has to do that for another 1/2 year and he'll make the money for his divorce settlement lol

ChiSox219
01-25-2012, 03:03 PM
He's actually getting underpaid relative to the amount of revenue he generates for the city of Los Angeles and the NBA as a whole. The more the Lakers make in profits, the more the NBA and David Stern get in "revenue sharing".

He's overpaid relative to what he produces on court for the Lakers who cares about anything else? The Lakers will sell out if they are winning regardless of who is on the court.

15 years ago MJ was making as much as Kobe and Lebron combined :worthy:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-25-2012, 03:17 PM

:laugh2:

5ass
01-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Wow bron and kobe are pretty even. Even though bron signed for less than the max (16 mill i believe) and kobe signed a 27 mill per yr contract.

C-Style
01-25-2012, 03:35 PM
He needs it more than ever lol

Law25
01-25-2012, 03:40 PM
He's overpaid relative to what he produces on court for the Lakers who cares about anything else? The Lakers will sell out if they are winning regardless of who is on the court.

15 years ago MJ was making as much as Kobe and Lebron combined :worthy:

Kobe Bryant 30.5pts 5.7rebs 5.6ast 1.3stls 45.5% isnt really producing garbage. His team is 10-8 I get that sucks no one hates that more than me but his team is only 4.5 games behind the number one team in the West. Im not saying they'll catch or surpass, but what i am saying is its to early to let that negatively effect your opininon regarding his worth. If he were lets say injured, do you think this team would be better with just Pau and Drew? Considering pre Kobe, Pau hasnt won a single playoff game and is emotional from constant trade rumors and Drew is still finding who he is on the court. Point is with a new coach and new system this team is still finding there way and if it wasnt for Kobe's production this team would be the Wizards.
People come to watch Kobe play. They come to watch him torch a team, defy age and injury, do some ridiculous shot or layup, to win or some come to watch him lose. Jerry Buss said this summer that Kobe dosent get paid his true worth and ima take his word.

lakersiznumber1
01-25-2012, 03:43 PM

are u serious? do you know how much revenue he brings in for the organization world wide think before you post dumb things. i know your a hater but dude really. he brought them 5 champions to the city and is the leading scorer in the nba and has been injuried for the last 5 season while doing it :facepalm:

Raph12
01-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Lebron could've made more if he signed a max deal...

sjbirds
01-25-2012, 04:11 PM
lebron signed for less but he may be making more per year by the contract after taxes since fla has no state income tax

Slug3
01-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Kobes Ex wife needs to be on there as well

WeaponXXX
01-25-2012, 04:25 PM
45. Ex Wife
46. Corey Maggette
47. Stephen Jackson
20,005. Smush Parker

Birdmannn
01-25-2012, 04:29 PM
45. Ex Wife
46. Corey Maggette
47. Stephen Jackson
20,005. Smush Parker

:p

ChiSox219
01-25-2012, 05:08 PM
Kobe Bryant 30.5pts 5.7rebs 5.6ast 1.3stls 45.5% isnt really producing garbage. His team is 10-8 I get that sucks no one hates that more than me but his team is only 4.5 games behind the number one team in the West. Im not saying they'll catch or surpass, but what i am saying is its to early to let that negatively effect your opininon regarding his worth. If he were lets say injured, do you think this team would be better with just Pau and Drew? Considering pre Kobe, Pau hasnt won a single playoff game and is emotional from constant trade rumors and Drew is still finding who he is on the court. Point is with a new coach and new system this team is still finding there way and if it wasnt for Kobe's production this team would be the Wizards.
People come to watch Kobe play. They come to watch him torch a team, defy age and injury, do some ridiculous shot or layup, to win or some come to watch him lose. Jerry Buss said this summer that Kobe dosent get paid his true worth and ima take his word.

Kobe is playing well and is a great player but that doesn't mean he's worth his salary, at least in terms of basketball.

Pau carried Grizzlies teams with very little talent to the playoffs and 50+ wins, Kobe hasn't won anything without an elite big and now he has two of them and the team is barely above .500 while he is taking more shots than anyone in the league even if you adjust for minutes and pace.

Iodine
01-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Using forbes to create a Kobe argument.

Touche NBA forum, Touche

carruthers32
01-25-2012, 05:17 PM

x2

KingPosey
01-25-2012, 05:36 PM

No way.

KingPosey
01-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Gee, that same Forbe's magazine also just released that The Lakers are now the most valuable team, passing the Knicks. I WONDER what overpaid player has had a lot to do with that over the last decade....

Also, the average team is worth almost 400 million dollars, UP nearly 7% from last year, despite the lockout, shortened season, etc. Those poooor owners huh?

Federal Reserve
01-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Gee, that same Forbe's magazine also just released that The Lakers are now the most valuable team, passing the Knicks. I WONDER what overpaid player has had a lot to do with that over the last decade....

Also, the average team is worth almost 400 million dollars, UP nearly 7% from last year, despite the lockout, shortened season, etc. Those poooor owners huh?

It took the Lakers this long to surpass a franchise that hasn't made the playoffs this long or even had a true all-star player. That's pretty sad if you ask me.

Sactown
01-25-2012, 09:15 PM
I read it like this Kobe makes 26 mil a year, while his wife steals the other 26 mill a year while taking away his 3 houses...
Lebron makes 49

kblo247
01-25-2012, 11:08 PM
I read it like this Kobe makes 26 mil a year, while his wife steals the other 26 mill a year while taking away his 3 houses...
Lebron makes 49

But LeBron only makes that because he too secretly bought into the Kobe System .... you're welcome

PHX2daDEATH
01-25-2012, 11:16 PM
wait til Vanessa asks for spousal and child support...

UPRock
01-25-2012, 11:31 PM
wait til Vanessa asks for spousal and child support...

:laugh:

Kevj77
01-25-2012, 11:44 PM
wait til Vanessa asks for spousal and child support...Of topic, but I don't understand why she should get alimony. Sure if they had a prenup and she wasn't going to get half of his money and several mansions I could understand, but there was no prenup. She is going to take Kobe for like a 100 million and a couple Malibu mansions that isn't enough to live on?

OptiMized
01-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Kobes Ex wife needs to be on there as well
I was just gonna write #1.Kobe/ex-wife. lol

rickshaw
01-26-2012, 12:02 AM
He's overpaid relative to what he produces on court for the Lakers who cares about anything else

I assume the people paying him? I don't think anyone's lining up to buy Steve Blake jerseys

FriedTofuz
01-26-2012, 12:43 PM

So what are they soupposed to do? let the nbas best player just walk because of a few extra million. Kobe is an MVP player he is even compared to jordan and still gets the job done. Idont care if hes overpayed, hes currently the best player in the NBA so who cares? If we had cap space id overpay for lebron and durant if both wer free agents