PDA

View Full Version : Danilo Gallinari and the Nuggets agree to 4 year, $42m extension.

nycericanguy
01-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Benjamin Hochman @nuggetsnews
Deal is done, league source tells me. Gallinari extends contract w #Nuggets, 4 yrs, $42 mil.

Gram
01-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Oh.

kozelkid
01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Absolute steal. Denver probably has one of the best FOs...

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Happy that Gallo got his money ... but my heart is broken ):

canzano55
01-25-2012, 02:08 PM
The Knicks are friggin idiots for trading away Danilo when the guy can basically put up the same stats as Melo while still learning to be a closer.

the Knicks essentially traded away all their valuable assets for a player that takes well over 50% of his shots from 15' out and plays league average D.

The irony about the NYK situation is that they tried to replicate what Boston did except unlike Boston, only one of the three in the tandem can actually get stops (Chandler).

Sorry about making this into a Knicks issue but its just so sad that they traded away Danilo and Wil without thinking.

Dol-Fan
01-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Masai Ujiri still GM of the Nuggets? Jeez, Raps should have canned BC and let Ujiri take over as GM.

nycericanguy
01-25-2012, 02:10 PM
The Knicks are friggin idiots for trading away Danilo when the guy can basically put up the same stats as Melo while still learning to be a closer.

the Knicks essentially traded away all their valuable assets for a player that takes well over 50% of his shots from 15' out and plays league average D.

The irony about the NYK situation is that they tried to replicate what Boston did except unlike Boston, only one of the three in the tandem can actually get stops (Chandler).

Sorry about making this into a Knicks issue but its just so sad that they traded away Danilo and Wil without thinking.

Ok, we get it, PSD hates the Knicks and Gallo is a star now, and Melo is no good now...we get it...

canzano55
01-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Ok, we get it, PSD hates the Knicks and Gallo is a star now, and Melo is no good now...we get it...even worse than that its only the Knick fans who will end up having to deal with the regret.

Gallo liked NY so much he probably would have signed for 8 mil a year instead of 10. So sad.

Kashmir13579
01-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Ok, we get it, PSD hates the Knicks and Gallo is a star now, and Melo is no good now...we get it...

What a joke.

On a serious note, I'm glad Gallo is payed. Denver played this smart and close to the chest. Highway freaking robbery.

Cromedome
01-25-2012, 02:18 PM
This is great news because now delusional knick fans can finally accept the fact he isn't coming back any time soon.

GET OVER IT !

nycericanguy
01-25-2012, 02:20 PM
Somehow...someway... this turned into the 76th Knick bashing thread...lol

netsgiantsyanks
or isn't coming back at all.

Bob_at_york
It is a big contract but I think he will be worth it.

Slimsim
even worse than that its only the Knick fans who will end up having to deal with the regret.

Gallo liked NY so much he probably would have signed for 8 mil a year instead of 10. So sad.

:confused:

It would be funny when Galo prove that he's light years better than Barg

chicago lulz
01-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Always been a fan of Gallo, even when he was on the Knicks. Also gotta respect Carmelo with how he handled the trade stuff. Ultimately providing Denver with some nice pieces, rather than leaving them with nothing.

Nice price tag for Gallo.

NYsFinest
01-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Last year Gallo was just a shooter that was a product of the system and Knicks had zero assets to offer Denver for top 10 NBA superstar Carmelo Anthony...

Gallo plays exactly the same in Denver for a few months and suddenly the Knicks made a mistake trading a budding superstar Gallo for overrated chuck loser Melo.

LOVE PSD :moon:

Kashmir13579
01-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Last year Gallo was just a shooter that was a product of the system and Knicks had zero assets to offer Denver for top 10 NBA superstar Carmelo Anthony...

Gallo plays exactly the same in Denver for a few months and suddenly the Knicks made a mistake trading a budding superstar Gallo for overrated chuck loser Melo.

Tangible evidence that we get shafted on here.

PC
01-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Great move for the Nuggets, I think Gallo will be well worth his contract. Should be very fun to see him continually developing in Denver

DragonJaii
01-25-2012, 02:40 PM
good for gallo but not worth the money

smith&wesson
worth it

pacofunk64
Am I missing something here or does this seem like a high contract. I don't really follow the NBA contracts so maybe this is the norm but it just seems high. I see he's only 23 & getting better so that must be playing a part as well.

Bob_at_york
01-25-2012, 02:41 PM

He is only 23... you don't think he could develop into a 20 ppg scorer?

Jint.
01-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Viva Gallo..!

nycericanguy
01-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Am I missing something here or does this seem like a high contract. I don't really follow the NBA contracts so maybe this is the norm but it just seems high. I see he's only 23 & getting better so that must be playing a part as well.

its a little high based on what he's done, 15 & 5 for his career, but it's a contract he will grow into as he gets older.

The thing for DEN is though, now after they pay Lawson they are pretty much capped out with the Nene, AA, Gallo & Ty core... and i'm not sure that core can get past the 2nd round. I still think paying AA $9m per was a mistake. SG is a scoring position, while AA is a nice player, a career 7ppg scorer at SG should not make $9m per.

DragonJaii
01-25-2012, 02:47 PM
He is only 23... you don't think he could develop into a 20 ppg scorer?

hopefully he can but hes really inconsistent

TheNumber37
01-25-2012, 02:49 PM
decent price. of when he becomes a 22, 7 player as shooting over 40 from three, he will be the best deal in the league outside of Rubio.

PhillyBoomerang
01-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Good Deal for Gallo and Denver.. Bad deal for those Knicks Fans :P

THE MTL
01-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Wow I cannot believe other team's posters. Now, all of a sudden Gallinari is just as good as Melo and will be a star. Back when he was on the Knicks....he was overrated and nothing but 3pt chucker while Melo was the star. Proof that people just hate on the Knicks.

Back to the thread topic, that was a pretty good deal for Danilo Gallinari. Its how a post-lockout deal should look. Majority of players are still getting overpaid (ex. every big that was signed this offseason) and max extensions.

Bob_at_york
01-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Guys let's remember this thread is about Gallo and his deal, let's not go off-topic with Knicks talk.

canzano55
01-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Wow I cannot believe other team's posters. Now, all of a sudden Gallinari is just as good as Melo and will be a star. Back when he was on the Knicks....he was overrated and nothing but 3pt chucker while Melo was the star. Proof that people just hate on the Knicks.
I'm not even a Knick fan and I know that's false.

But that's besides the point. As it stands now Gallo has gone to the line 30 times more than Melo this season which would indicate that Danilo has developed into a multifaceted scorer. An outcome that most thought very possible especially D'Antoni.

I'm not going get on Melo for shooting the ball poorly because all star players go through slumps even though 129FG-326FGA is pretty horrible.

Lesson learned: don't trade draftee's that love where they're playing and can grow with the team eventually becoming great pieces. Patience, it seems, is a virtue.

EDIT: And yes of course he's worth the money.

omdigga
01-25-2012, 03:07 PM
good for gallo and denver..

nycericanguy
01-25-2012, 03:11 PM

But that's besides the point. As it stands now Gallo has gone to the line 30 times more than Melo this season which would indicate that Danilo has developed into a multifaceted scorer. An outcome that most thought very possible especially D'Antoni.

I'm not going get on Melo for shooting the ball poorly because all star players go through slumps even though 129FG-326FGA is pretty horrible.

Lesson learned: don't trade draftee's that love where they're playing and can grow with the team eventually becoming great pieces. Patience, it seems, is a virtue.

EDIT: And yes of course he's worth the money.

Melo 16 games - 130 FTA, 8.1 FTA per game
Gallo 17 games 102 FTA, 6.0 FTA per game

FYI last year with NY, Gallo 6.0 FTA per game... again, nothing has changed except the jersey he wears.

Bob_at_york
01-25-2012, 03:14 PM

FYI last year with NY, Gallo 6.0 FTA per game... again, nothing has changed except the jersey he wears.

I disagree, his FG% is up and he is shooting better from the line. He seems to be rounding into a better scorer overall. Not sure about the defensive end but his steals are up (not a good indicator).

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-25-2012, 03:16 PM
steal

NYsFinest

Gallo free throw shooting this year in Denver is identical to what it was for NYK (5.4-6) ... again people don't watch Knick games just listen to stereotypes.

Melo has been slumping the past 2 weeks because he has a sprained wrist, messed up finger on his shooting hand and a sprained ankle... all while trying to carry a struggling team. Before his injuries he was shooting just fine.

nycericanguy
I disagree, his FG% is up and he is shooting better from the line. He seems to be rounding into a better scorer overall. Not sure about the defensive end but his steals are up (not a good indicator).

Its too early to start talking about FG%, his FG% was in the low 40's just a week ago, a couple of good games can really jump your %. Just like he's at 31% from 3... we know he's better than that... overall his numbers are very, very similar. now obviously a 23 year old is going to show some progress as he matures, but lets not act like he's a completely different player.

I will remind you at this time last year with NY he was averaging almost 20ppg... he's always been very good.

canzano55
01-25-2012, 03:17 PM

FYI last year with NY, Gallo 6.0 FTA per game... again, nothing has changed except the jersey he wears.My bad, I read it as 190 attempts.

But surely you can see he's driving to the hole much more than in his New York days. You see I'm watching the NY games and the Denver games, not just one over the other.

NYsFinest
01-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Its too early to start talking about FG%, his FG% was in the low 40's just a week ago, a couple of good games can really jump your %. Just like he's at 31% from 3... we know he's better than that... overall his numbers are very similar. now obviously a 23 year old is going to show some progress as he matures, but lets not act like he's a completely different player.

Dropping 37 and 11 on his old team in double overtime really threw his averages up as well :cry:

Before that game his numbers were nearly identical to last season with NYK. And yes it is expected for a 23 year old to get better.

Celticsfan2007
01-25-2012, 03:20 PM

:facepalm:

This is a steal for the Nuggets...

blastmasta26
01-25-2012, 03:23 PM
My bad, I read it as 190 attempts.

But surely you can see he's driving to the hole much more than in his New York days. You see I'm watching the the NY games and the Denver games, not just one over the other.

I haven't been able to see many Denver games this year, but he's getting to the line at the exact same rate as he did when he was in NY last year.

Bob_at_york
01-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Its too early to start talking about FG%, his FG% was in the low 40's just a week ago, a couple of good games can really jump your %. Just like he's at 31% from 3... we know he's better than that... overall his numbers are very, very similar. now obviously a 23 year old is going to show some progress as he matures, but lets not act like he's a completely different player.

I will remind you at this time last year with NY he was averaging almost 20ppg... he's always been very good.

****, was he really averaging 20ppg early last season? I didn't know that. Sure percentages can change but I am looking at how the kid has played up to this point which at this point is at 46%

canzano55
01-25-2012, 03:26 PM
I haven't been able to see many Denver games this year, but he's getting to the line at the exact same rate as he did when he was in NY last year....while taking 129 less shots...

Mudvayne91
01-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Honestly, I think he could've got more. I'm pretty happy about the signing.

Kashmir13579
01-25-2012, 03:27 PM

His FG% may even itself out in due time. It hasn't been much of a sample size.

If people are gonna cite his statistics also note that his 3pt% is dreadful compared to last season, and his ORtg has also seen a slight drop. I expect all of those things to average out as the season moves along. Heck, Al Harrington is shooting 54% on the year. The Nuggets are really clicking right now.

Gallo has been steadily improving for a couple years now, he might be on his way to a breakout year if he can stay consistent; but the point i think nyerican was making is that Gallo was just as aggressive getting to the line in a Knicks uni. That hasn't changed.

YoungOne
01-25-2012, 03:28 PM
man, the 55 mil. $ /5 years we gave rondo looks better with every new contract thats handed out. :D

blastmasta26
...while taking 129 less shots...
Well I didn't notice that lol

justinnum1
nuggets are going to be really good when they add chandler

nycericanguy
01-25-2012, 03:29 PM
...while taking 129 less shots...

lol dude what are you talking about?...lol, he's taking MORE shots this year then he did in NY.

nycericanguy
01-25-2012, 03:30 PM
****, was he really averaging 20ppg early last season? I didn't know that. Sure percentages can change but I am looking at how the kid has played up to this point which at this point is at 46%

yea he went through a stretch where he averaged like 27ppg on a 5 or 6 game western road trip, but then he kinda disappeared for a while.

canzano55
01-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Melo has been slumping the past 2 weeks because he has a sprained wrist, messed up finger on his shooting hand and a sprained ankle... all while trying to carry a struggling team. Before his injuries he was shooting just fine.Then friggen sit him for god sakes. He's digging a hole offensively with every game that goes by.

Kashmir13579
01-25-2012, 03:33 PM

Just like him averaging one less 3PA at this point isn't enough to say he isn't looking for his 3pt shot as much. The kid has always been a stud from 3, so why shouldn't he shoot a lot of them? It'd be a waste if he didn't. The fact that he is so good at driving and getting fouls is just icing on the cake. When Gallo hits his prime he will be a match-up nightmare. How can you defend a player with that many tools and his height.

Da Knicks
01-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Good for Gallo still one of my favorites, but ill take melo anyday of the week

canzano55
01-25-2012, 03:35 PM
lol dude what are you talking about?...lol, he's taking MORE shots this year then he did in NY.129 less then Melo which is an indicator of just how much Melo is chucking. Especially when you consider that Gallo is Denver's number 1 option offensively.

Kashmir13579
01-25-2012, 03:35 PM
lol dude what are you talking about?...lol, he's taking MORE shots this year then he did in NY.

People just say things.

nycsports2
01-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Happy that Gallo got his money ... but my heart is broken ):

this... :(

Bob_at_york
01-25-2012, 03:37 PM
but the point i think nyerican was making is that Gallo was just as aggressive getting to the line in a Knicks uni. That hasn't changed.

I am not disagreeing with that point. I am just saying I think he is playing better this year and has improved. I am not saying it is a huge improvement but with the role he is filling on the team, I see improvement.

nycericanguy
01-25-2012, 03:37 PM
129 less then Melo which is an indicator of just how much Melo is chucking. Especially when you consider that Gallo is Denver's number 1 option offensively.

Melo is averaging over 24 a game, you expect him to do that and not take alot more shots than a guy that averages 17 a game?

He'd have to shoot like 85% from the field to score 24 a game and take the same amount of shots as gallo.

And gallo isn't really DEN's #1 option, Lawson & Harrington take just as many shots.

nysportsfan02
01-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Gallo PER: 20.54
Gallo TS%: .612

Melo PER: 21.45
Melo TS%: .504

Kashmir13579
01-25-2012, 03:42 PM
I am not disagreeing with that point. I am just saying I think he is playing better this year and has improved. I am not saying it is a huge improvement but with the role he is filling on the team, I see improvement.

I think he'll continue to improve for a couple years until he hits his prime. Then i think he'll be an allstar.

Kashmir13579
01-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Gallo PER: 20.54
Gallo TS%: .612

Melo PER: 21.45
Melo TS%: .504

Its even more disgusting when you look at 'Melo's USG% and Knicks ticket prices.

Da Knicks
01-25-2012, 03:48 PM
funny now gallo is what knick fans said all the time, a future hall of famer! Too bad that melo is garbage now on psd. talk to me at the end of the season suckkkassss.

canzano55
01-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Melo is averaging over 24 a game, you expect him to do that and not take alot more shots than a guy that averages 17 a game? He takes more shots to the point of ruining his percentages and hurting his team. If his hand hurts then stop shooting.

He'd have to shoot like 85% from the field to score 24 a game and take the same amount of shots as gallo.
No he doesn't need to shoot 85% he just needs to stop taking to so many three's and hoisting up shots late in the clock.

Gallo isn't shooting the three ball well either but his efficiency in and around the rim is excellent especially when compared to a $18 million dollar player in Melo.

And gallo isn't really DEN's #1 option, Lawson & Harrington take just as many shots.According to the media and other outlets, Gallo is Denver's first option.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-25-2012, 04:18 PM

Your a "friggin idiot" for sayin that.

BallIsAll
01-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Its even more disgusting when you look at 'Melo's USG% and Knicks ticket prices.

I know right my girlfriend paid like 400 for us to go see that Knicks vs nuggets grade

canzano55
01-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Your a "friggin idiot" for sayin that.He will eventually. I think even some, if not most, Knicks fans will concede that.

nycericanguy
01-25-2012, 04:37 PM
He will eventually. I think even some, if not most, Knicks fans will concede that.

Man Gallo is absolutely my favorite player, but i don't think you'll find anyone that thinks he'll be a 25-27ppg 6-7rpg 3-4apg player.

Evolution23
01-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Wow, lots of people like Gallo now. What changed besides the colors on his uniform?

NYsFinest
01-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Wow, lots of people like Gallo now. What changed besides the colors on his uniform?

Why would you need any more reasons?!?!?!?!

NYsFinest
01-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Anyways love Gallo, happy for him and glad he is finally getting recognition... hope he continues to improve and wish that Nuggets team (and the 6-7 ex-Knicks that are on it) the best of luck.

THE GIPPER
01-25-2012, 04:54 PM

:cry: everyone hates NY!!! the whole league is out to get us!!!! :cry:

BK-TY
01-25-2012, 05:24 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :cry:

I mean congrats to Gallo... AND Denver for having the sense to lock him up. I miss that dude but oh well. Now... when is B-Diddy starting?

tyfreaks brotha
01-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Good pickup for the Nuggets esepically if they aren't able to resign Wilson Chandler when he gets back from playing over-seas

Vincent
01-25-2012, 05:45 PM
10 million for Gallo is a really good deal

They know what's up in Denver. Hopefully they'll be able to tie everyone up over there.

Cal827
01-25-2012, 05:46 PM

It would be funny when Galo prove that he's light years better than Barg

:laugh: you talk like that's an accomplishment.

Good deal for the Nuggets. Good player and can still grow a little. Loved watching him in New York when they played Toronto. But people, stop baiting New York fans :facepalm:

heyman321
01-25-2012, 05:59 PM
If he starts averaging 22 ppg then it would be a fair contract. Otherwise a little overpaid. Everyone is on Gallanari's nutsack right now claiming him to be the next GOAT. He is a good player. But winning a game vs New York because Amare and Anthony sucked *** (and D'Antoni still doesn't know how to run a play), doesn't mean he's suddenly way better than he was a few games before that. Didn't he score like 7, 10 in the previous games before that or something? He's a gifted scorer no doubt, but too inconsistent. And frankly he's no better, nay, actually worse, than that other tall Italian jump shooter Bargnani, who by the way is also overpaid.

setman2000
01-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Yes Melo's better than Galo BUT would you rather have Galo at $10 mill/year or Melo at $23 mill/yr???

Melo is a cap killer and the Nuggets have had the flexibility to put together one of the deepest teams in the league and they still have Chandler as a restricted FA which they can use as a sign & trade chip if he doesn't want to be a Nugget.

I LOVE not having Melo's contract and ego on this team anymore!

Mudvayne91
01-25-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't think it's a stretch for him to average 20+ per game. However, his average per game isn't necessarily that telling. The Nuggets typically have 5+ players (including Gallo) with double digits, usually in the 15 range. Just saying he's not needed to put up 20 shots a game. Also gotta consider that Gallo is a very underrated defender and his size causes issues for most SFs. For as big as he is, he's extremely talented taking it to the hole and also drawing the foul. He is a great FT shooter. I'd say the guy is worth the $ right now for what he does on both sides of the game, but I do believe he is far from a finish product.

nycericanguy
01-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Yes Melo's better than Galo BUT would you rather have Galo at $10 mill/year or Melo at $23 mill/yr???

Melo is a cap killer and the Nuggets have had the flexibility to put together one of the deepest teams in the league and they still have Chandler as a restricted FA which they can use as a sign & trade chip if he doesn't want to be a Nugget.

I LOVE not having Melo's contract and ego on this team anymore!

In fairness Melo's deal averages $20m per, not 23m.

Gallo is a solid player at $10m+, but once Lawson gets his contract this coming year DEN will be over the cap as well.

And I agree Gallo doesn't need to be a 20+ppg guy to be effective. He's a good all around player, not a volume scorer.

0nekhmer
01-25-2012, 06:19 PM
seen him play recently and he is KILLING it. Not just his numbers, but his leadership and hustle on both ends of the floor is making him look promising :) Denver shows why you don't need superstars to be a top team. Not a Knicks hater (just amused at the fact that the knicks cleaned the house for a hype)

KnicksR4Real
01-25-2012, 06:21 PM
I miss you gallo!

setman2000
01-25-2012, 06:33 PM

It was a 3 year $65 million and 4th year option at $23.5 million. That would be 4 yrs for $88.5 million - just over $22 mill a year.

I'll take Gallo at $10 and the cap flexibility!

blahblahyoutoo
01-25-2012, 06:35 PM
fair contract IMO. he needs to develop a post game to add to his repertoire.

did the knicks fans give him a standing ovation in his return?

coryd238
01-25-2012, 07:00 PM

What

This season: 17.4 on 46%, 5.2 rpg, 1.7 spg, 2.8 apg, .6 bpg, 34.2 mpg
Last season: 15.9 on 41%, 4.8 rpg, 0.8 spg, 1.7 apg, .4 bpg, 34.8 mpg

Playing exactly the same. Yup.

NYsFinest
01-25-2012, 07:19 PM
What

This season: 17.4 on 46%, 5.2 rpg, 1.7 spg, 2.8 apg, .6 bpg, 34.2 mpg
Last season: 15.9 on 41%, 4.8 rpg, 0.8 spg, 1.7 apg, .4 bpg, 34.8 mpg

Playing exactly the same. Yup.

Sure he is better but he is not much different than what he was in NY, very early in the season stats fluctuate like crazy between games... before the last game at the Garden his average was 16ppg 5 board and 30% shooting from 3.

I love the guy and I am in no way taking anything away from him. Gallo will continue to improve and I will not be surprised if he is an All-Star one day. Don't take my comments as me saying he isn't a good player, because he is very good and I wish he was still a Knick. I just find it amusing because he was also very good in NY and never got any respect from posters here.

Pretty sure many of these Denver fans pre-trade told us repeatedly that they don't want the Knick garbage offers because Gallo, Chandler, Felton and Mozgov are all scrubs and that if the Nets want Melo he is theirs because they have all these lottery picks. Knick fans were considered homers with system players when we tried to tell you the package we are offring is actually really good. Funny how things change when the shoe is on the other foot.

01-25-2012, 07:25 PM
According to the media and other outlets, Gallo is Denver's first option.

According to denver fans, we don't even know who our first option is :rolleyes: Too bad for us.......

BallIsAll
01-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Nene - 13mil
Gallo - 10mil
Afflalo - 9 mil

That's only 32mil for 3 of our top 5 players

Lawson most likely 8 mil

That's 40 mil

Mozgov like 5 mil

That's 45 mil for your starting five which is indeed a great starting five in today's nba. Plus they are all young and getting better with nene being the veteran. We would still have around 10-20 mil to work with for the future and we have the amnesty option with miller expiring. Doesn't seem like a bad signing nor do the others. The only one I'm still a bit iffy about it the Arron afflalo signing.

roshan3ai
01-25-2012, 08:33 PM
This is a steal. Gallo's going to keep developing and to get the 23 year old at this price is great for Denver and that core. I'm happy for Gallo that he got paid as well, though he probably could've gotten a bit more.

d nuggets fan
01-25-2012, 10:01 PM

Gallo is a solid player at $10m+, but once Lawson gets his contract this coming year DEN will be over the cap as well.

Dude - you might check your facts before you state something with an obvious baiting bias. Last I checked Melo wasn't the topic thread either.

Denver still has plenty of money to spend before they approach anything near the cap for Lawson, Chandler or even other prospects.

Notice I didn't say anything about melo or NY's cap issues.

IBleedPurple
01-25-2012, 11:42 PM
Good deal for both sides IMO. Gallo has improved his aggressiveness, and has been a great teammate.

KapnKnicks87
01-26-2012, 12:58 AM
great deal for gallo and the nuggets, honestly i thought he would ask for 12mil a year...seems to me he likes Denver, I'm also happy for the fans he's a good player and only 23 hasn't hit his prime yet but he does look better offensively/defensively(more controlled)..sigh what a good coach can do lol ...time to lock up chandler next lol

Celtics33
01-26-2012, 01:46 AM
He's got to build on what he has done this season in the next coming seasons for this contract to make sense.

blahblahyoutoo
01-26-2012, 12:28 PM
23 pts on 12 shots last night by the stallion.

BallIsAll
01-26-2012, 01:02 PM
He had 21 in the first half on 7 of 10 lol guy will easily be a 20 ppg scorer with Karl using him as our #1 option

canzano55
01-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Man Gallo is absolutely my favorite player, but i don't think you'll find anyone that thinks he'll be a 25-27ppg 6-7rpg 3-4apg player.He has the height and mobility to grab more. He's standing at 5 boards a game right now I don't think its out of the question to predict a career average of 6.

I'm not saying Melo is overrated or bashing the guy, he's a tremendous scorer and still only 27 years old. But if I'm honest he's extraordinarily overpaid and NY were probably better off never making the deal to begin with.

As its looking right now I'm probably right but lets see what NY can do to sort it out.

Lake_Show2416
01-26-2012, 01:45 PM
such an overrated player, the dudes trash

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-26-2012, 01:48 PM

Any facts to back up your statement?

Hustla23
01-26-2012, 02:52 PM
I am sad.

Rentzias
01-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Gallinari would like to sheet on your baseless statement.

d nuggets fan
01-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Gallinari would like to sheet on your baseless statement.

This!!!:clap:

Hawkamania
01-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Love Danilo and I'm happy to see him flourishing as well as getting paid in Denver. I think it's safe to say their isn't a Knicks fan breathing that doesn't miss this guy being on our roster.

DenButsu
01-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Great deal for both sides, imo. Gallo gets an advance on his potential, Nuggs get a bargain if it pays off.

Denver now has a Lawson/Afflalo/Gallo/Nene/(Koufos, who also just signed a 3-year deal) core moving forward. Lock down Mozzie for a good price, and that's a solid young bunch with room at the margins for improvement, and lots of assets still in pocket.

Masai ftw.

VCaintdead17
01-27-2012, 01:17 AM
man...Denver has two RIDICULOUSLY good shooters in Afflalo and Gallo.

Last year Afflalo had an absurd TS% and seems to be playing at about the same rate this year. Factor in how well Gallo is playing and it's no wonder Denver is doing so well, they are the definition of efficiency.

Chronz
01-27-2012, 01:24 AM
man...Denver has two RIDICULOUSLY good shooters in Afflalo and Gallo.

Last year Afflalo had an absurd TS% and seems to be playing at about the same rate this year. Factor in how well Gallo is playing and it's no wonder Denver is doing so well, they are the definition of efficiency.

They learned alot from the analyst who perfected the art of quantifying efficiency.

More-Than-Most
01-27-2012, 01:38 AM
This is a great deal for Denver... Most likely he will be worth it and more so you risk over paying slightly if he doesn't work out but the reward is getting a top player at a very good price.

Kashmir13579
01-27-2012, 01:54 AM
They learned alot from the analyst who perfected the art of quantifying efficiency.

They wanted to get rid of 'Melo the whole time.

blastmasta26
01-27-2012, 02:01 AM
I am sad.
:sigh: