PDA

View Full Version : Do the Bulls need Homecourt Advantage in a Series to Beat the Heat?

JordansBulls
01-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Do the Bulls need Homecourt Advantage in a Series to Beat the Heat?

They had it last year and the Heat won, but this year the Bulls picked up a better player at SG to help out as well as the improvement of the bench and especially Asik.

Thoughts!!!

Corey
01-25-2012, 12:26 PM
I think either team can get hot and beat the other, regardless of HCA.

justinnum1
01-25-2012, 12:28 PM
It would be harder for them if they didnt have i think.

Fnom11
01-25-2012, 12:34 PM

They had it last year and the Heat won, but this year the Bulls picked up a better player at SG to help out as well as the improvement of the bench and especially Asik.

Thoughts!!!

The Heat also improved with a healthy Haslem, Miller, and Jones as well as adding Curry, Cole, and Battier. It's actually arguable that the Heat have improved more than the Bulls.

I say we just wait until they ACTUALLY play in the regular season before making stupid assumptions. I don't understand why people make threads like this.

mavwar53
01-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Really, I hate these questions, of course they don't need it to win a series but it wouldn't hurt. Anyone that wouldn't give the Bulls a chance to beat the Heat if the Heat have the HCA then they are just a flat out moron. Doesn't mean the Bulls will win if they don't but how can anyone say that it is impossible if that is the case.

LongIslandIcedZ
01-25-2012, 12:48 PM
I dont think their beating the heat in a 7 game series with or without the HCA

ArmLaker
01-25-2012, 12:50 PM
The Bulls will win regardless of who has HCA

Sofnr
01-25-2012, 01:01 PM
I think either team is capable of beating the other on the road but i'd prefer the Bulls have homecourt. The Bulls rarely lose at home and the refs seem to favor the home team in the playoffs.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-25-2012, 01:08 PM
The better team always wins. If you can't win on the road in the playoffs, you don't deserve to advance and ultimately win the NBA Championship.

Federal Reserve
01-25-2012, 01:17 PM
The Bulls cannot beat the Heat in a seven game series. Once teams clog the paint, the Bulls struggle to score. Rose has no jumper and needs to drive to score. You stop him from driving and you won yourself the ball game.

Hawkize31
01-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Last year Rose was a joke vs. Lebron in the playoffs. If that happens again, the Bulls have no chance.

SchyGuy11
01-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Either can win, the most important thing for the Bulls is to have Deng back healthy by the playoffs because without him guarding Lebron we are done

xelalex
01-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Nope just fair officiating.

Vincent
01-25-2012, 01:23 PM
The Bulls cannot beat the Heat in a seven game series. Once teams clog the paint, the Bulls struggle to score. Rose has no jumper and needs to drive to score. You stop him from driving and you won yourself the ball game.

Rose is actually a pretty decent shooter... maybe you were referencing his rookie season?

However, he was inexcusably awful in the Miami series, and probably will be looking for redemption.

Home court advantage helps the Bulls more than it helps the Miami Heat IMO.

Bulls have younger players on the bench (and starting lineup), who are relatively inexperienced in big situations. Those type of players tend to play a lot better at home (while feeding off of the crowd).

If the Bulls were like a veteran team like say the Celtics or Lakers, I would say it doesn't really matter.

Sadds The Gr8
01-25-2012, 01:26 PM
As much as I want Miami to lose, the Bulls can't beat them.

Hawkize31
01-25-2012, 01:26 PM

Haha, thanks for a good laugh to start my day. If officiating caused Rose to not show up, then yeah, the Bulls need better officiating.

Avenged
01-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Don't think it makes a difference to be honest. I think this is Miami's year but HCA for the Bulls would certainly even the odds.

ChicagoJ
01-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Either team can win. I don't think HCA will matter that much. But, I also think people are counting out other teams too much. Lets just see if both of these teams can advance enough to play each other. Even though they are both expected to beat everyone else, it's no easy task in the playoffs and upsets do happen.

Slimsim
01-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Chicago is the better team So no they don't need HCA

chi-townlove1
01-25-2012, 01:40 PM

You delusional? Rose has a beautiful shot and it only continues to get better.. He hits pull up jumpers all the time. Watch someone play before you judge based on psd's input..

gotoHcarolina52
01-25-2012, 01:44 PM
They need it more than Miami does

Federal Reserve
01-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Rose is actually a pretty decent shooter... maybe you were referencing his rookie season?

However, he was inexcusably awful in the Miami series, and probably will be looking for redemption.

Home court advantage helps the Bulls more than it helps the Miami Heat IMO.

Bulls have younger players on the bench (and starting lineup), who are relatively inexperienced in big situations. Those type of players tend to play a lot better at home (while feeding off of the crowd).

If the Bulls were like a veteran team like say the Celtics or Lakers, I would say it doesn't really matter.
Rose continues to shoot three pointers, a shot he cannot make. He did it all of last year's playoffs. I remember him going something like 0-7 from the three point line in a single playoff game, then continuing to take that shot. If teams can get Rose to settle for the three point shot, he isn't going to shoot over 33%.

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-25-2012, 01:51 PM
The Heat also improved with a healthy Haslem, Miller, and Jones as well as adding Curry, Cole, and Battier. It's actually arguable that the Heat have improved more than the Bulls.

I say we just wait until they ACTUALLY play in the regular season before making stupid assumptions. I don't understand why people make threads like this.

:clap:

Fnom11
01-25-2012, 01:54 PM

Have you not seen Rose play? He gets quite a few calls.

kozelkid
01-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Last year Rose was a joke vs. Lebron in the playoffs. If that happens again, the Bulls have no chance.

It amazes me how many people are exaggerating this notion that Lebron specifically shot him down. Rose played bad THROUGHOUT the series besides game 1. This was due to Miami's TEAM defense, not just Lebron, of forcing Rose to beat them from the mid range and 3pt line, NOT from the lane. Rose tends to be money from mid range. Whatever the reason, be it fatigue or just a poor series, he shot poorly. But it wasn't because Lebron solely shut him down. :rolleyes: Not to mention, he defended him maybe 5 mpg.

Albeit, Lebron is a great defender.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-25-2012, 01:59 PM

Did you just mention Cheeseburger Curry as a reason why the Heat improved? The heats bench all have already peaked in terms of their career (outside of Cole), ability wise they are not improving, just getting more used to playing with each other. Many of the Bulls core players are in their mid 20s and below which many of them still are improving ability wise along with getting more experience playing together. I'm not saying the Bulls will win, just that in terms of players improving the Bulls hold the edge in that category.

Don't even know what to say to this. His TS% has increased every year in the league, as we know him to be a player who is constantly working to improve all facets of his game. You think if just stopping him from driving and you win is that simple, why are the Bulls coming off the best record in the league last year and currently hold that spot this year?

Rose continues to shoot three pointers, a shot he cannot make. He did it all of last year's playoffs. I remember him going something like 0-7 from the three point line in a single playoff game, then continuing to take that shot. If teams can get Rose to settle for the three point shot, he isn't going to shoot over 33%.

Oh I see, your 1 game sample size proves it all.

kozelkid
01-25-2012, 02:10 PM

Genius!

Opposing coaches never thought of this brilliant idea. And yet, somehow, they're still winning at one of the best offensive efficiencies.

Federal Reserve
01-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Rose is shooting below 32% from the three point line (he takes five of them per game). That's pathetic. He is not a shooter, and needs to pass the ball more if he is not driving in the paint.

koreancabbage
01-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Unless the Bulls prove otherwise, Miami still beat them regardless. Why don't the Bulls fans speak less boldly till the Bulls actually beat Miami alright? They have a good chance to see each other again the in conference finals.

I don't about the bench. If Mike Miller is healthy and Eddy Curry returns to form and Haslem is rock solid, that's already a better bench than the Bulls. Asik and Gibson are still raw offensively and you guys still have Boozer. It's just a fact that the Bulls bigs are their weakest component on offense. And in the playoffs, u need that big to step up offensively

Lol

DamnGoat
01-25-2012, 02:18 PM
I think they just need to be healthy & playing better than they did in last year's Playoffs.

Vincent
01-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Have you not seen Rose play? He gets quite a few calls.

Game 5 ft shooting

Wade - 11 attempts
LeBron - 11 attempts
Bosh - 6 attempts

Rose - 6 attempts

Game 4 ft shooting

Wade - 4 attempts
LeBron - 13 attempts
Bosh - 11 attempts

Rose - 7 attempts

Game 3 ft shooting

Wade - 6 attempts
LeBron - 9 attempts
Bosh - 10 attempts

Rose - 3 attempts

Game 2 ft shooting

Wade - 10 attempts
LeBron - 7 attempts
Bosh - 2 attempts

Rose - 10 attempts

Game 1 ft shooting

Wade - 4 attempts
LeBron - 4 attempts
Bosh - 6 attempts

Rose - 6 attempts

Average -

Wade - 7 attempts per game
LeBron - 8.8 attempts per game
Bosh - 7 attempts per game

Rose - 6.4 attempts per game

Three players on the SAME TEAM had more attempts at the line than Rose.

da ThRONe
01-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Won't matter. The Bulls aren't constructed to handle the Heat. Chicago doesn't have enough guys that can create points on their own.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Unless the Bulls prove otherwise, Miami still beat them regardless. Why don't the Bulls fans speak less boldly till the Bulls actually beat Miami alright? They have a good chance to see each other again the in conference finals.

I don't about the bench. If Mike Miller is healthy and Eddy Curry returns to form and Haslem is rock solid, that's already a better bench than the Bulls. Asik and Gibson are still raw offensively and you guys still have Boozer. It's just a fact that the Bulls bigs are their weakest component on offense. And in the playoffs, u need that big to step up offensively

Lol

IF Eddy Curry returns to form. Yea, haven't heard Knick fans saying that the last 3 years. Good luck with that.

So let me get this straight. JUST Eddy Curry, Haslem, and M. Miller is a better bench than Gibson, Asik, Brewer, Korver, Watson?

Vincent
01-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Rose is shooting below 32% from the three point line (he takes five of them per game). That's pathetic. He is not a shooter, and needs to pass the ball more if he is not driving in the paint.

Kevin Durant is shooting 32.9% from the three point line and taking 4.6 attempts per game.

Is he "pathetic" or "not a shooter?"

DaBUU
01-25-2012, 02:27 PM

Lol

lmao, this is coming from a raptor fan. Fans of contenders are currently arguing here son. I respect the Heat's talent and wouldn't be shocked if they beat the Bulls again in the playoffs, but some people just can't fathom the Bulls beating them. The Heat havn't shown me anything this year that says they are hands down a better team than the Bulls. Maybe someone can explain why they think it's such a mismatch and dismiss the Bulls winning the series, out of hand. Explain what you have seen from the Heat that says they will easily win the series and also what the Bulls have shown that says they don't stand a chance.

DamnGoat
01-25-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't about the bench. If Mike Miller is healthy and Eddy Curry returns to form and Haslem is rock solid, that's already a better bench than the Bulls.
IF Eddy Curry returns to form? The same Eddy Curry that's played in 2 games and hasn't been in shape since 2006?

If you'd bother looking at both benches objectively I doubt you'd say the Heat have a better unit. The Bulls have Watson, Brewer (when Deng is healthy), Korver, Gibson & Asik coming off the bench and every one of them have been more productive than anyone on the Heat bench with the exception of Mike Miller (and he's only played 5 games).

Asik and Gibson are still raw offensively and you guys still have Boozer. It's just a fact that the Bulls bigs are their weakest component on offense.
Asik & Gibson are never asked to score. They're in there for defense and both are very good on that end.

Also, why do people continue to bring up Boozer as if he's a negative for this team? He's been very good this year and even carried the team offensively when Rose was out.

Baller1
01-25-2012, 02:31 PM
I personally don't think anyone in the East has a shot of stopping Miami in the playoffs, except for maybe Philly or Chicago. But even that's a longshot in my opinion.

sep11ie
01-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Ohhh JB...

Federal Reserve
01-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Game 5 ft shooting

Wade - 11 attempts
LeBron - 11 attempts
Bosh - 6 attempts

Rose - 6 attempts

Game 4 ft shooting

Wade - 4 attempts
LeBron - 13 attempts
Bosh - 11 attempts

Rose - 7 attempts

Game 3 ft shooting

Wade - 6 attempts
LeBron - 9 attempts
Bosh - 10 attempts

Rose - 3 attempts

Game 2 ft shooting

Wade - 10 attempts
LeBron - 7 attempts
Bosh - 2 attempts

Rose - 10 attempts

Game 1 ft shooting

Wade - 4 attempts
LeBron - 4 attempts
Bosh - 6 attempts

Rose - 6 attempts

Average -

Wade - 7 attempts per game
LeBron - 8.8 attempts per game
Bosh - 7 attempts per game

Rose - 6.4 attempts per game

Three players on the SAME TEAM had more attempts at the line than Rose.

It's obviously the refs' fault that Rose decided to be passive in the later games. The Heat has three all-stars, whereas the Bulls have only one; the free throw shooting is to be expected.

Vincent
01-25-2012, 02:38 PM
I think Miami definitely has the advantage in the series. If the Bulls get HCA, it isn't going to hurt Miami, but it's gonna help the Bulls.

But to think that it's a done deal (like I've heard from quite a few people here) is really surprising.

And don't put too much weight in the regular season match ups either. Bulls went 3-0 against Miami in the regular season and got whooped in the ECF. I'm pretty sure the Sunday game will be really entertaining... but nothing more than that.

JB0B0
01-25-2012, 02:41 PM
The 2011-2012 bulls squad is significantly better than the 2010-2011 bulls team. Rip is leaps and bounds better than Bogans, Asik got better, everyone else is essentially the same. A Heat-Bulls ECF would be a great match up and can go either way.

Corey
01-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Am I the only non-Chicago fan that thinks Chicago is better than Miami?

:shrug:

koreancabbage
01-25-2012, 02:44 PM
lmao, this is coming from a raptor fan. Fans of contenders are currently arguing here son. I respect the Heat's talent and wouldn't be shocked if they beat the Bulls again in the playoffs, but some people just can't fathom the Bulls beating them. The Heat havn't shown me anything this year that says they are hands down a better team than the Bulls. Maybe someone can explain why they think it's such a mismatch and dismiss the Bulls winning the series, out of hand. Explain what you have seen from the Heat that says they will easily win the series and also what the Bulls have shown that says they don't stand a chance.

That's bc they haven't yet. It's a mismatch due to the individual matchups and team defense. You guys could keep Lebron and Wade in check but you let Bosh go off. All Chiacgo has going on is Rose. Chicago can't defend all three all stars due to the double teams Wade and Lebron demand. Its a fact in a 7 game series.

Vincent
01-25-2012, 02:44 PM
It's obviously the refs' fault that Rose decided to be passive in the later games. The Heat has three all-stars, whereas the Bulls have only one; the free throw shooting is to be expected.

I didn't blame the refs.

I'm just pointing out the misconception that Rose gets a ton of calls.

For Miami to get that many FT attempts for 3 players (despite even usage rates) in comparison to the Bulls (with a player having a higher usage rate) is pretty imbalanced.

Calls DO make a difference over a course of a series. And it sucks when it becomes inconsistent.

latinofire21
01-25-2012, 02:46 PM

I think so too. I think Chicago is also better constructed for this season. I honestly dont even see the heat making the eastern conference finals. Spo is logging them too many minutes and they are getting injured left and right. Guarantee if Lebron goes down before the playoffs they are a first round exit. They can stay competitive without Bosh or Wade but Lebron anchors that team for 3 quarters. Cant lose Lebron before playoffs or they screweddd.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-25-2012, 02:48 PM

We are a more sound "Team." But that doesn't mean we'll win. Most of us Bulls fans here are smart enough to avoid saying we are better until we actually beat the Heat in a playoff series. Until then, no need to get into a flaming war with Heat fans.

Big Zo
01-25-2012, 02:52 PM

Yes...

GoferKing_
01-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Chicago is in need of a trade to be better than Miami.

DragonJaii
01-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Nah not at all.

utl768
01-25-2012, 03:31 PM
they could play all 7 games in chicago and the bulls still wouldnt have a chance

the heat at full strength are just that good

THE MTL
01-25-2012, 03:33 PM
The Bulls need another superstar in order to beat the Heat lol. Lebron James can put Derrick Rose as well as Rajan Rondo on ABSOLUTE lockdown!

gotoHcarolina52
01-25-2012, 03:34 PM
IF Eddy Curry returns to form. Yea, haven't heard Knick fans saying that the last 3 years. Good luck with that.

So let me get this straight. JUST Eddy Curry, Haslem, and M. Miller is a better bench than Gibson, Asik, Brewer, Korver, Watson?

Haslem, Miller, Curry AND Battier, Cole, James Jones . . .

redwhitenblue
01-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Most common sense Bulls fans won't say the Bulls are clearly a better team, but either team could win a series.

However, trying to say the Heat bench is as good or better is being a freaking homer. A ridiculous joke.

northsider
01-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Yes of course they can.

MTL_123
01-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Most common sense Bulls fans won't say the Bulls are clearly a better team, but either team could win a series.

However, trying to say the Heat bench is as good or better is being a freaking homer. A ridiculous joke.

Chicago does have a better bench than MIami but its not by alot
Bull bench averages 28pts
Miami Bench averages 26.9 pts

To say that the bulls bench is 100x better than miami thats just being a homer

Raph12
01-25-2012, 03:52 PM
It would help their chances, tbh I think they lose either way.

sager729
01-25-2012, 03:58 PM
I love the Heat fans that bring up Eddy Curry!!! He has played 2 games and they just think he is awesome.

Asik >>>>> Curry/Pittman
Gibson = Haslem
Korver = J. Jones
Brewer > M. Miller
Watson >> Cole

I don't see how people can really argue against this.

I think it is going to be a great series when it happens in the playoffs.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-25-2012, 04:03 PM

The person I quoted said just Haslem, Miller, and Curry alone is better than the Bulls bench. You should read what someone is quoting sometimes so you can understand the concept of their post.

Vincent
01-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Chicago does have a better bench than MIami but its not by alot
Bull bench averages 28pts
Miami Bench averages 26.9 pts

To say that the bulls bench is 100x better than miami thats just being a homer

As an unit, the Bulls bench tops in the NBA in defensive efficiency.

Which is a big reason why Thibodeau on occasion keeps Asik and Gibson out on the court in late game situations.

Baller1
01-25-2012, 04:05 PM
So let's put it as simply as possible...

When Lebron shuts down Rose like he will, what does Chicago do? I'm a fan of Rip and that was a huge pickup this offseason, but don't tell me he's going to be the difference on offense.

JordansBulls
01-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Won't matter. The Bulls aren't constructed to handle the Heat. Chicago doesn't have enough guys that can create points on their own.

I look at it like Detroit vs LA in 2004 or Detroit vs Miami in 2005.

JordansBulls
01-25-2012, 04:07 PM

When Lebron shuts down Rose like he will, what does Chicago do? I'm a fan of Rip and that was a huge pickup this offseason, but don't tell me he's going to be the difference on offense.

The better logic is when Deng shuts down Lebron as usual what do the Heat do?

Vincent
01-25-2012, 04:10 PM

Assuming Rose gets shut down by LeBron, the Bulls will have to swing it around. People assume that Rose is just a scorer, but he's a capable point guard as well. Every player on the Bulls are capable passers. They'll have to play like... *gasp* a team.

redwhitenblue
01-25-2012, 04:11 PM

It's quite a massive difference going from Bogans to Hamilton. It really changes the entire dynamic of the offense on that first team. Every single game last year all Bogans did was sit in the corner, never moving on offense and would throw up 2-3 shots after the defense overrotated. Hamilton is ALWAYS running around, it's no longer 4 Bulls offensive players against 5 defenders.

Deng and Boozer are both playing a more physical game this year as well. Giving credit to Miami's D, but Rose and Boozer had horrendous series last year.

Corey
01-25-2012, 04:13 PM

Are you implying that Lebron is going to cover Rose for a full series?

chris34
01-25-2012, 04:15 PM
I am afraid that we won't win regardless but maybe are scoring will be consistent enough.

5ass
01-25-2012, 04:18 PM

since when does deng shut down lebron? Deng cant guard bron

Pierzynski4Prez
01-25-2012, 04:18 PM
I am afraid that we won't win regardless but maybe are scoring will be consistent enough.

If scoring is consistent in the 4th quarter for us, it really could go either way. All of the games the Heat won really came down to the 4th quarter, and in some cases the bulls squandering the lead very late because they couldn't score in the final minutes..

Pierzynski4Prez
01-25-2012, 04:20 PM
since when does deng shut down lebron? Deng cant guard bron

Nobody shuts down Lebron, but Deng certainly slows him down a bit. Deng is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and certainly has done as good of a job as anyone staying with LBJ. Again, not saying he can shut down lebron. Unless we switch Scal on LBJ, then its over.

justinnum1
01-25-2012, 04:21 PM

I dont think so.

ChicagoJ
01-25-2012, 04:23 PM
People are looking at matchups, but the Bulls strength is their depth. Last year Miami's defense shut down the bulls offense for the most part. Boozer, deng, and the role players just didn't shoot well. Rose was contained as well. That is why Miami won. If the bulls can get better offensive production vs the Miami defense they have a very good shot at winning a 7 game series. If not, it will be tough for them to win. That is the key matchup.

ThePooH_1_
01-25-2012, 04:23 PM

:facepalm:

This series gonna be hard for both teams! Both are great. Who thinks the heat going to sweep the bulls are out of their minds.. This Series will be decided in Game 7 if both teams play at their best , thats for sure.

5ass
01-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Nobody shuts down Lebron, but Deng certainly slows him down a bit. Deng is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and certainly has done as good of a job as anyone staying with LBJ. Again, not saying he can shut down lebron. Unless we switch Scal on LBJ, then its over.

i know deng is a good defender, but he still doesnt "slow him down". Theres a reason bron always destroys the bulls, deng cant guard him.

Corey
01-25-2012, 04:35 PM

In head to head matchups in the regular season, Lebron averages 31/7/6 on 49% shooting against Deng.

In head to head matchups in the post season, Lebron averages 29/8.5/7.5 on 50% shooting against Deng.

That's 'shutting him down as usual'?

bigsams50
01-25-2012, 04:39 PM

I hate when people say **** like this. Why does it matter what team he roots for?

DaBear
01-25-2012, 04:48 PM
People forget the bulls were in every game in the miami series, until late in the 4th quarter because there wasn't enough offense. That has changed with the addition of Rip Hamilton. He's not an all star player by any means, but his offense alone makes a huge difference since bogans only averaged around 4 ppg for the bulls. Rip is averaging 14 ppg and shooting over 50%. That is a massive improvement over bogans.

JordansBulls
01-25-2012, 05:08 PM
they could play all 7 games in chicago and the bulls still wouldnt have a chance

the heat at full strength are just that good

Rosh
01-25-2012, 05:20 PM
I am totally fine with people sleeping on the Bulls chances.

Nycbball08
01-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Bulls gonna need alot more than HCA to beat the heat..lol

chris34
01-25-2012, 05:36 PM
I guess I think of it like this... The Heat don't care who they play or where and the Bulls do. Thankfully this will mean that the Bulls will have HCA. I believe that even if we go 55 and 11 we will still be underdogs in the series (assuming it gets to that).

justinnum1
01-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Last season i would have said it was crucial to them, not so sure this season.

My concern would be thibs overplaying guys throughout this crazy season.

kdspurman
01-25-2012, 05:42 PM
I think it's still way too early to even speculate on this even though people enjoy the debate. A lot of teams are still trying to get into game shape/form and what we're seeing now might not be what we see come playoff time.

You can't use last year anymore as that's over and done with. Any team that's a serious title contender can and should be able to close out games or at least steal a game on the road.

kozelkid
01-25-2012, 06:02 PM

Almost all the games were closely contested til the end so why wouldn't Rip be the difference? Especially when you go from someone who is detrimental at that end in Bogans where all defenders cheated off of him.

And again, Lebron didn't shut Rose down. Rose was given open mid range shots throughout the series. He wasn't knocking them down simple as that. Why? Maybe it was the fatigue or just a bad series. But for a guy who has been elite from mid range before, I don't think there's a reason to assume he can't be hitting them the next time he has an opportunity.

I laugh at the people who think there is no chance. 3 out of the 5 games, Bulls led going into the 4th. The series were A LOT closer than the final series results suggested.

bovice163
01-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Of course it doesn't matter. Both teams will be exhausted by that time in the season, and both are far too evenly matched for either to have a huge advantage with HCA. To those people saying Rip isn't a difference maker, are either downplaying him to fit their opinion, haven't seen him play, or are just completely stupid. Rip is a HUGE difference maker, especially in a series against the heat. His shooting/passing capabilities mean far less traps and doubles for Derrick Rose, and we all know what that means.

MJ-BULLS
01-25-2012, 06:05 PM
I think it could definitely help if we can get home court advantage. we are currently undefeated at home at a record of 8-0. Any team is capable of beating one each other.

I will say this, that Chicago Bulls team is stronger than last year's team. We also have a pretty good record on the road. 8-3, not too bad. Best record on the road in the NBA.

kjoke
01-25-2012, 06:08 PM
I thnk the HEAT's bench has improved drastically over last year. Battier, Haslem, Miller is a great top three to have. I actually like it more than he bulls with Asik, Taj and Brewer.

Battier will be a big difference. Its a long season, and even lees predictable in the playoffs. We shall see/

kjoke
01-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Also, it comes down to Boozer again. He needs to step up, if he doesn't well...

kozelkid
01-25-2012, 06:14 PM
You do realize Haslem has been absolutely awful this year, right? Same with Battier offensively. Miller has been good though.

And I think Miller will be a much bigger difference than Battier. As I said before Battier even signed with the Heat and was rumored to the Bulls, I hated the idea. And his play hasn't changed my opinion this season. He isn't an elite defender anymore: decent. And offensively, all he can literally do is camp out for 3's, and he isn't even THAT good from there. This guy is basically a slightly better version of Bogans. And again, my opinion hasn't changed in that regard since before he even was in Miami.

Miller, on the other hand, is capable of being that dead eye shooter again that needs to be closely contested and is a nightmare on the boards.

kjoke
01-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Haslem came back form injury lasy year and his shot is no where near where it was. I think it gets better, there has been improvements if you watch the games. Same goes with Battier, and glad to see miller healthy.

kozelkid
01-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Haslem came back form injury lasy year and his shot is no where near where it was. I think it gets better, there has been improvements if you watch the games. Same goes with Battier, and glad to see miller healthy.

I have watched over half the Heat games. Can't say, I've seen any improvement from Battier or Haslem. They both look like they significantly lost a step (well I saw that from Battier last year, to be honest) and neither can do **** offensively.

Miller is very good though. Much better than last season, whether it's his confidence that is back or finally recovered, but he worries me much more than the other two. In fact, I really doubt Battier gets more than 8-10mpg at most. Simply won't be the PT available with Lebron and Wade getting 40+ and Chalmers likely at 30-35.

SteBO
01-25-2012, 06:53 PM
You do realize Haslem has been absolutely awful this year, right? Same with Battier offensively. Miller has been good though.

And I think Miller will be a much bigger difference than Battier. As I said before Battier even signed with the Heat and was rumored to the Bulls, I hated the idea. And his play hasn't changed my opinion this season. He isn't an elite defender anymore: decent. And offensively, all he can literally do is camp out for 3's, and he isn't even THAT good from there. This guy is basically a slightly better version of Bogans. And again, my opinion hasn't changed in that regard since before he even was in Miami.

Miller, on the other hand, is capable of being that dead eye shooter again that needs to be closely contested and is a nightmare on the boards.
The year pretty much just started, so all the struggles of Battier and Haslem right now probably won't be imminent later down the line. They'll hopefully find their way eventually.

In saying that, I think HCA will be very irrelevant when it comes to this type of series in particular. The Heat bench has improved greatly, and the Bulls' bench depth is still one of the best in the league. Not to mention that both teams are good to great defensively on a normal day hence why the games were so close last year. With Rip in the fold for Chicago, it makes defending the Bulls a little more difficult. But I think for them, Boozer would need to step up drastically for them to have the best chance.

kozelkid
01-25-2012, 08:06 PM
It certainly helps that Thibs finally adjusted the offense to where Boozer is spreading the floor with his mid range instead of clogging the lane with Noah. Gives Rose a better opportunity to score in the paint and keep defenders from collapsing from him. I'm still not taking away from the importance for HCA, especially if there's a game 7.

All that said, I still don't think Battier was worth it for the Heat. Obviously if it's the best you could get for mini MLE, you do it cause it's another role player in the fold. However, relative to the wing players they already have and especially in the playoffs when Lebron and Wade will be playing 40+, I don't see Battier providing much value or even getting to play much. Personally, I value James Jones and Miller significantly higher than Battier, since both are terrific at spreading the floor.

StorminNorm
01-25-2012, 08:36 PM
It certainly helps that Thibs finally adjusted the offense to where Boozer is spreading the floor with his mid range instead of clogging the lane with Noah. Gives Rose a better opportunity to score in the paint and keep defenders from collapsing from him. I'm still not taking away from the importance for HCA, especially if there's a game 7.

Yea KK, I'm starting to think people didn't watch that series. Rose, Noah, and Korver seriously underperformed throughout that series. Bogans did what we expected, took 2-4 shots per game and played tough defense. Deng was the most consistent Bull. Boozer, while not as bad as some of you may suggest, had a couple of good games in that series. However, his defense and mid range game this season trumps everything positive he provided in that series.

Furthermore, Asik, Taj, and Watson certainly seem much more acclimated to the roles assigned to them this season. Ronnie Brewer's jumper (mid and long range) has drastically improved. Finally, the addition of Rip provides this offense with much more spacing. Rip is also an apt playmaker/scorer that contributes to the success of our Bigs and lane penetration.

Now I'm not saying the Bulls would dismantle the Heat, but some of you guys (Bulls fans and non-Bulls fans) are truly blinded by ignorance if you believe this series can easily be decided without these two teams playing each other.

JordansBulls
01-25-2012, 09:44 PM
The year pretty much just started, so all the struggles of Battier and Haslem right now probably won't be imminent later down the line. They'll hopefully find their way eventually.

In saying that, I think HCA will be very irrelevant when it comes to this type of series in particular. The Heat bench has improved greatly, and the Bulls' bench depth is still one of the best in the league. Not to mention that both teams are good to great defensively on a normal day hence why the games were so close last year. With Rip in the fold for Chicago, it makes defending the Bulls a little more difficult. But I think for them, Boozer would need to step up drastically for them to have the best chance.

Honestly I don't think the Heat need it to win, however I feel Chicago needs it to beat Miami.

Fnom11
01-26-2012, 02:50 AM
I don't get how so many people are undervaluing the defense Bogans played on Wade last year in the playoffs. You may have gotten better offensively with Rip but Rip can't guard Wade lol.

Lakers + Giants
01-26-2012, 03:17 AM
they couldn't do it last year with HCA, and the heat are even better this year. Heat takin it all.

D1JM
01-26-2012, 03:54 AM
home court always helps.

JordansBulls
01-28-2012, 03:48 PM
I don't get how so many people are undervaluing the defense Bogans played on Wade last year in the playoffs. You may have gotten better offensively with Rip but Rip can't guard Wade lol.

Wade has always played poorly (superstar standards and his standards at the UC).

Cal827
01-28-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't think it's needed. I can see both teams being able to hand L's to each other on the road.

JordansBulls
01-28-2012, 08:26 PM
I don't think it's needed. I can see both teams being able to hand L's to each other on the road.
Yes but without it, then the Bulls would have to win twice in Miami like Dallas did.

daleja424
01-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Need? No

Both are good teams. Whoever is playing better and healthier when they meet will win regardless of record.

MetroMan
01-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Didnt they have it last year and still lost?

kozelkid
01-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Yes but without it, then the Bulls would have to win twice in Miami like Dallas did.

So ****ing what. You overrated HCA like no one else. Would it be nice? Sure, but if a teams "needs" it, then that speaks volumes of the team's mental fortitude (or lack of). Look , if it's game 7, I'd prefer it to be at the UC obviously. But no, if the Bulls are a good enough team, then they don't need it.

Eh, I'm giving more credit to Brewer in that regard. Besides, being a threat offensively is in a way defense in itself. Don't you think Wade is going to get much tired faster if he has to guard a slicing Brewer or better yet, Rip than a guy who just sits behind the 3pt line and even then, is hardly a threat.

JordansBulls
01-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Didnt they have it last year and still lost?

Yes they did, but they didn't have the experience either. The group hadn't won a playoff series before last year either.

DaBear
01-29-2012, 12:52 AM
No, they don't need it. All it takes for them is to steal a game in Miami, which is doable, and the advantage goes in their favor

DaBear
01-29-2012, 12:53 AM

That's why we have Brewer..

bucketss
01-29-2012, 01:07 AM
wade played like **** and they still beat them in5, honestly they can play all 7 games in chicago and they still wouldnt win the series.

Fnom11
01-29-2012, 01:46 AM

So Brewer is going to be D-ing up Wade the entire night while Rip is scoring 20+....okay.

cutiepie80
01-29-2012, 02:21 AM
Nope. Yes the crowd will favor but the better team will win.

Let's just hope the bulls stay healthy enough to get there. I can't wait for a rematch.

cutiepie80
01-29-2012, 02:23 AM
And by the way, the heat fans have spoken. Bulls have no chance. In fact noone in the league has a chance. Shall we just fast forward to the nfl opening game?

RIPSweetness34
01-29-2012, 04:42 AM
It would certainly help! But I don't think they need it if they are healthy and playing the way they have been.

SteBO
01-29-2012, 09:59 AM
That's true, but he can't be the only one. The combination of Bogans and Brewer did the job against Wade, because at some point Wade figures his defender out. Wade's been an absolute animal against Rip Hamilton in the past, shooting 50% or better against him. I'm not sure the Bulls have the same ability to continue to give Wade different looks defensively as you did last year, but it's your team defense that gets the job done most nights. That's what it'll come down to and it's why Wade hardly has had great games against Chicago. It's never just one guy.

justinnum1
01-29-2012, 10:20 AM
So Brewer is going to be D-ing up Wade the entire night while Rip is scoring 20+....okay.

lol

JordansBulls
01-29-2012, 07:40 PM
wade played like **** and they still beat them in5, honestly they can play all 7 games in chicago and they still wouldnt win the series.

You have already said this.

justinnum1
01-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Just saw that hamilton re injured himself...bulls are going to need a 100% healthy squad more than home court. thibs needs to use his bench more, cant be playing guys crazy minutes

justinnum1
01-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Just saw that hamilton re injured himself...bulls are going to need a 100% healthy squad more than home court. thibs needs to use his bench more, cant be playing guys crazy minutes

JordansBulls
04-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Both teams won there home games this year against one another, but Chicago clearly needs the HCA vs Miami.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Both teams won there home games this year against one another, but Chicago clearly needs the HCA vs Miami.

100% agree. Most important chicago needs to win their first 2 home games imo.

giants73756
04-23-2012, 04:01 PM

This. I'm sick of people thinking the Heat are head and shoulders above the Bulls, despite the Bulls having the best record in the conference 2 years in a row. Both teams are very good. They are close in talent. The Bulls could win a series in 5 games just as easily as the Heat can.

ChicagoJ
04-23-2012, 04:09 PM
It really depends on how hot/cold each team is. Most games between these two will be close regardless. If the bulls can get offense consistently I don't think the heat will beat them. However, that has been a problem for the bulls at times and the injuries they had this year leaves a question mark.

On the other hand if LeBron and Wade play as expected and Bosch plays great that may be all the heat need. It will be close either way.

DaBear
04-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Nope.

Cool007
04-23-2012, 04:43 PM
They really DON'T have to have it as Bulls are the best road team in the NBA.

It just helps to have the homecourt as Bulls players are still new to this monster in the later rounds (ECF, Finals). Not to mention at home guys like Brewer/Watson/Lucas/Asik etc can be HUGE with home crowd behind them.

Cool007
04-23-2012, 04:46 PM

Well, pretty much the WHOLE Bulls team played like **** and still all of the games were close (other than 1 blowout which Bulls won).

If Wade didn't play well then on the other hand that 1 game where Haslem played like god coming off the injury while Chris Bosh shot like best he ever shot in a playoff series (60%+) vs Bulls.

So all evens out.

Rain City
04-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Some years home court comes into affect, some years it doesnt. Last year i didnt, the year before, I believe Lakers' homecourt in game 7 probably made the difference of the championship. Chicago is experienced now, it is more important that there team is healthy and playing well than have home court vs miami.

MTL_123
04-23-2012, 05:07 PM
yes it helps the. yes the bulls are a great team with and without rose but i still dnt think their gonna beat miami
Btw stop saying oh we had bogans he was **** etc etc the guy never played in the ECF max he probabaly played 5min max the entire game and plus we had Bibby and Anthony two players that couldnt score n Miller and Haslem hurt and couldnt score miami basically played 3 on 5 the whole series

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 05:13 PM
yes it helps the. yes the bulls are a great team with and without rose but i still dnt think their gonna beat miami
Btw stop saying oh we had bogans he was **** etc etc the guy never played in the ECF max he probabaly played 5min max the entire game and plus we had Bibby and Anthony two players that couldnt score n Miller and Haslem hurt and couldnt score miami basically played 3 on 5 the whole series

I keep forgetting that bibby was our starting pg lol He was so horrible:sigh:

Some years home court comes into affect, some years it doesnt. Last year i didnt, the year before, I believe Lakers' homecourt in game 7 probably made the difference of the championship. Chicago is experienced now, it is more important that there team is healthy and playing well than have home court vs miami.
+1, deng wont be 100% with his wrist, and it should be interesting to see how rose is. If rose turns into just a jump shooter and doesnt attack the rim then im not sure HC will matter.

DaBear
04-23-2012, 05:15 PM

Heat homers at their best...

MTL_123
04-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Heat homers at their best...

explain to me wats wrong with wat i said?:eyebrow:

Doogolas
04-23-2012, 05:22 PM
'wat' is wrong. :rimshot:

MTL_123
04-23-2012, 05:25 PM
'wat' is wrong. :rimshot:

lol:laugh2:

bucketss
04-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Well, pretty much the WHOLE Bulls team played like **** and still all of the games were close (other than 1 blowout which Bulls won).

If Wade didn't play well then on the other hand that 1 game where Haslem played like god coming off the injury while Chris Bosh shot like best he ever shot in a playoff series (60%+) vs Bulls.

So all evens out.

i dont even remember making that post lol i dont really agree with myself here i think miami will win the series but should be close

redwhitenblue
04-23-2012, 05:45 PM
explain to me wats wrong with wat i said?:eyebrow:
Well to start, Bogans played around 19 mpg in the Heat series.

billsftw
04-23-2012, 06:03 PM
The 2011-2012 bulls squad is significantly better than the 2010-2011 bulls team. Rip is leaps and bounds better than Bogans, Asik got better, everyone else is essentially the same. A Heat-Bulls ECF would be a great match up and can go either way.

the 2011-2012 heat squad improved even more than the bulls did. It'll be a blowout.

redwhitenblue
04-23-2012, 06:04 PM
the 2011-2012 heat squad improved even more than the bulls did. It'll be a blowout.
How is that? Was it with their fall in defensive rankings?

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Both teams improved. Getting rid of bogans and bibby are improvements right there.

Rip will help the bulls(although im not sure how much) and a healthy haslem and miller will help miami.

I still see the games coming down to the last few minutes, and even if miami's defensive stats took a dip, there defense and ability to get stops is just as good as any other team.

It will come down to wether chicago can score points at the end of the game, period.

ECF cant come soon enough

quade36
04-23-2012, 06:10 PM

No its because Spoelstra is the best coach in the NBA. The Heat fans last year wanted him fired. He has proven this year that he can control the team of egos.

:D

PhillyFaninLA
04-23-2012, 06:16 PM

Thoughts!!!

I don't think the Bulls beat the Heat if all 7 are in Chicago. I see the Bulls as an elite regular season team and a one man show in the playoffs. They don't strike me a champion despite being really close to having that level of talent. Similar to the Cavs when Lebron was there.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 06:19 PM

Where do you see the defense is worse?

2010-2011 defesnive efficiency-100.7------5th in the league
2011-2012 defensive efficiency-97.1 ----4th in the league

So wtf are you talking about? that a difference of 2.5 improvement...chicago improved from 97.4 to 95.5.....

FYI the lower the number the better

MTL_123
04-23-2012, 06:27 PM

2010-2011 defesnive efficiency-100.7
2011-2012 defensive efficiency-97.1

So wtf are you talking about? that a difference of 2.5 improvement...chicago improved from 97.4 to 95.5.....

lmao owned ahahahahhahahaHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA

BIG worm
04-23-2012, 06:28 PM
blowout? for real? u believe that b.s. u just spewed?:facepalm:

LGhost
04-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Similar to the Cavs when Lebron was there.

Oh No.... How can you say the Bulls are not contenders but the Heat are...? Never mind don't answer but do think about it a little harder.... If a team goes to the ECF one year and improve the next then why can't they go to the ECF again? Why can't they advance.... Derrick Rose definitely didn't get the Bulls to ECF last year on his own... The Bulls are never a one man show

northsider
04-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Simply put NO.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 06:57 PM
^yea, it certainly wont be a blowout. Every game will come probably come down to the last 5 minutes and thats where miami has the advantage imo.

Also, still wondering how someone can think miami's defense is worse than it was last year

PhillyFaninLA
04-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Oh No.... How can you say the Bulls are not contenders but the Heat are...? Never mind don't answer but do think about it a little harder.... If a team goes to the ECF one year and improve the next then why can't they go to the ECF again? Why can't they advance.... Derrick Rose definitely didn't get the Bulls to ECF last year on his own... The Bulls are never a one man show

In regards to the bolded why ask me a bunch of follow up questions if you don't want me to answer seems like a waste of your time to get this emotionally worked up and rant and ask a bunch of questions and say never mind don't answer.

xxcubs22xx
04-23-2012, 07:08 PM

doubt it. And stupid assumptions? The Bulls beat the Heat without Rose. We dont need HCA.

Lol

the Bulls bench is the best bench in the league, so I'm not quite sure where you get your reasoning from. Gibson really isn't raw offensively, and Boozer has been 13th best in the league. Our bigs have stepped it up all year...

Nope. I think it's crystal clear in the statistics and performances that the Bulls are the better team. But again, the playoffs are a different animal. If we don't underperform like the last ECF I think we can take it Heat with more ease than people think...

That's bc they haven't yet. It's a mismatch due to the individual matchups and team defense. You guys could keep Lebron and Wade in check but you let Bosh go off. All Chiacgo has going on is Rose. Chicago can't defend all three all stars due to the double teams Wade and Lebron demand. Its a fact in a 7 game series.

All Chicago has going on is Rose? Then why did we beat the Heat when Rose was out?

I think so too. I think Chicago is also better constructed for this season. I honestly dont even see the heat making the eastern conference finals. Spo is logging them too many minutes and they are getting injured left and right. Guarantee if Lebron goes down before the playoffs they are a first round exit. They can stay competitive without Bosh or Wade but Lebron anchors that team for 3 quarters. Cant lose Lebron before playoffs or they screweddd.

I agree. Each of their "big 3" is absolutely huge for their team.

Again, Rose is not our only scoring option. We have numerous consistent offensive threats on our team. Our difference on offense is our offense lol

LGhost
04-23-2012, 07:26 PM
In regards to the bolded why ask me a bunch of follow up questions if you don't want me to answer seems like a waste of your time to get this emotionally worked up and rant and ask a bunch of questions and say never mind don't answer.

Cute but there isn't one follow up question... So.... OWNED :cool:

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 07:42 PM

lol

redwhitenblue
04-23-2012, 07:53 PM

2010-2011 defesnive efficiency-100.7------5th in the league
2011-2012 defensive efficiency-97.1 ----4th in the league

It must have improved greatly (while Wade's been out) because not long ago they were barely sitting top 10. My mistake for not looking up the most recent numbers, but they were struggling defensively early in the year.

I guess that's simliar to how people think the Bulls are still as bad offensively as last year when they're near a top 5 offense right now.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 08:02 PM
It must have improved greatly (while Wade's been out) because not long ago they were barely sitting top 10. My mistake for not looking up the most recent numbers, but they were struggling defensively early in the year.

I guess that's simliar to how people think the Bulls are still as bad offensively as last year when they're near a top 5 offense right now.

Not really, they have been top 5 for the last month(i keep looking at it when arguing with knicks fans about their defense lol). Wade has missed games here and there but never more than 2 in a row.

As for the bulls offense, it is better than last season, but im still skeptical where they will find scoring at the end in a close game. Looking forward to the matchup this year.

xxplayerxx23
04-23-2012, 08:02 PM
we wont have to see it because the knicks are ganna beat miami in the 1st round ;D lol but seriously they do need it if rose is healthy it will be a good series, I guess heat in 6 but every game being tight, there too great teams

yoseppii12
04-23-2012, 08:09 PM
When people say, well the Bulls have to beat the Heat before any fans can imagine they'll get past them in the ECF. With that logic, then we'd have to assume that Lebron can't win a championship until he does? It just doesn't make sense because we then can't factor in what has happened since last years ECF...which is just stupid and makes this thread pointless.

When I think about it I just point at the difference between the Bulls last year vs the Bulls this year... Boozer is better more fluid player at his position shooting a higher clip from the field. Same with Taj. So our post position scoring is shooting at a higher percentage which should be a staple in the playoffs.

Then guys like Deng and korver are shooting a higher percentage and making more from behind the arc then last year.

On top of that the addition of RIP over Bogans is quite greater than most people realize. Although he has only played 25+ games he is scoring like 12 pts a game shooting 45% whereas Bogans scored like 5 pts @ 40%. Granted RIP has played 25 min/game to Bogans's 19 last year.

As well in terms of overall team production, the Bulls have jumped from 13th in 3pt FG% last year to 4th this year. Then they went from having the 9th highest assists/game last year to 4th this year.

I mean yeah it is easier for me to point these things out as a bulls fan but these guys have been winning on the road all year. I don't think it matter whether they ahve HCA or not, I think it really comes down to whoever is playing hotter at the moment. The Bulls took great steps this year as a collective team whereas Miami is kind of locked in with the Big 3 + chalmers then throw new guys around them every year. Mix it up until they find something that works real well.

With Miami you kind of know what you're going to get. I would be baffled if they don't make it to the ECF for the next 4 years-counting this one (unless the East keeps getting more superstars).

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 08:12 PM
I have a feeling homecourt will matter this yr between Heat and Bulls. D.Rose will be healthy by the time the ECF roll around, and with a 7th game in Chicago, Im still going with the Bulls.

--23--
04-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Both teams are capable of beating each other on their homecourt through games 1-6. But if it comes down to a game 7 I think it will help alot.

Sssmush
04-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Bulls got no chance to beat the Heat.

Book it. Don't be disappointed, Heat are an incredible team, Bulls aren't there yet.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 08:31 PM

Book it. Don't be disappointed, Heat are an incredible team, Bulls aren't there yet.

Disagree. Heat have 3 of the top 4 players in the series, but the rest is all Bulls.

1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Derrick Rose
4. Chris Bosh
5.-10. All Bulls Players

Bulls have the better team defense, and they've faced more adversity this yr. LeBron is better player this yr, but I really don't think the Heat as a team has made significant strides from last year. Heat are probably thinking they faced their adversity from last yr's finals and that will be enough to make them mentally tough.

I just think the Bulls team seems more united than the Heat team. Just my opinion.

h2r09
04-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Disagree. Heat have 3 of the top 4 players in the series, but the rest is all Bulls.

1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Derrick Rose
4. Chris Bosh
5.-10. All Bulls Players

Bulls have the better team defense, and they've faced more adversity this yr. LeBron is better player this yr, but I really don't think the Heat as a team has made significant strides from last year. Heat are probably thinking they faced their adversity from last yr's finals and that will be enough to make them mentally tough.

I just think the Bulls team seems more united than the Heat team. Just my opinion.

when are people going to realize role players is not the maincomponenet to winning championships.

in the playoffs the big 3 play 40 minutes a night and your depth is neutralized.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 08:42 PM
when are people going to realize role players is not the maincomponenet to winning championships.

in the playoffs the big 3 play 40 minutes a night and your depth is neutralized.

That's not how winning a championship works.

There's one very very important thing that the Bulls role players have that the Heat role players don't, and that's a sense of accountability.

When Rose (and Rip) were out, the Bulls role players had to learn how to win in life w/o Derrick Rose. They took upon the responsibility to executing offensively and defensively. They've learned to take responsibility for their ups and downs throughout the season, and that's why I feel the team chemistry is better with Chicago than Miami.

With Miami, the role players are basically spoon-fed everything by Wade and James these last 2 seasons. BUt I guarantee you that if you take away both Wade and James and have just Bosh, the Heat would have a lot of trouble creating things for themselves. All they do is basically stand in the corner for most of the 24 second shot clock and wait or either Wade or James to penetrate, and just wait wait wait until they get the 3 ball in the corner (Miller and Battier) or at the top of the key (Chalmers). With Miami, it starts and ends with Wade and James.

At the end of the day, Miami's big 3 is held accountable, the other players of Miami don't have that sense of accountability that the whole Bulls team has.

That is my argument.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 08:48 PM
That's not how winning a championship works.

There's one very very important thing that the Bulls role players have that the Heat role players don't, and that's a sense of accountability.

When Rose (and Rip) were out, the Bulls role players had to learn how to win in life w/o Derrick Rose. They took upon the responsibility to executing offensively and defensively. They've learned to take responsibility for their ups and downs throughout the season, and that's why I feel the team chemistry is better with Chicago than Miami.

With Miami, the role players are basically spoon-fed everything by Wade and James these last 2 seasons. BUt I guarantee you that if you take away both Wade and James and have just Bosh, the Heat would have a lot of trouble creating things for themselves. All they do is basically stand in the corner for most of the 24 second shot clock and wait or either Wade or James to penetrate, and just wait wait wait until they get the 3 ball in the corner (Miller and Battier) or at the top of the key (Chalmers). With Miami, it starts and ends with Wade and James.

At the end of the day, Miami's big 3 is held accountable, the other players of Miami don't have that sense of accountability that the whole Bulls team has.

That is my argument.
Of course without wade or james the heat would struggle. How does that matter tho? one of wade or bron will always be on the court.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Of course without wade or james the heat would struggle. How does that matter tho? one of wade or bron will always be on the court.

The lack of versatility and creativity in the Heat's offense I think will hurt them when they go up against the best defense in the league in Chicago.

And I think Chicago will win the battle of the boards and play by the bigs as well.

justinnum1
04-23-2012, 09:06 PM
The lack of versatility and creativity in the Heat's offense I think will hurt them when they go up against the best defense in the league in Chicago.

And I think Chicago will win the battle of the boards and play by the bigs as well.
Lack of versatility? Miami has 2 elite playmakers in wade and bron. Bulls have one. In the end of the game when its close, becuase all our games are like that, miami's defense is elite, their help defense is great. as much as bulls fans want to disregard it, lebron can force the ball out of rose's hands.

Bulls might win the battle on the boards, but miami shown they can keep it close, as long as the bulls aren't out rebounding miami by 15 they heat will be fine. i just dont think the bulls have enough offense to get past miami. Rip isn;t doing a better job defneding wade than bogans and brewer did. in the last game rip went 1-6, in the first(or 2nd, cant remember which one) game rip went 4-16. Personally, i dont think rose is enough to get them past miami, boozer doesn't worry me in the least, bulls dont utilize their bigs after the first qtr. They turn into a jump shooting team way to easily. Thibs has his work cut out.

still1ballin
04-23-2012, 09:13 PM
It would definitely help, but I don't think need it.

MJ-BULLS
04-23-2012, 09:31 PM

Really basing this off what? stats say alot about the bulls being a incredible team.

drtg: 98.5 first in the nba.
ortg: 107.3
MOV: 7.86 first in the nba again
offeff: 104.8
trr: 53.73

3ballbomber
04-23-2012, 10:36 PM
. I don't understand why people make threads like this.
what i don't understand is why people keep saying how threads subjects are stupid yet they still manage to put in effort to reply anyway.

Southsideheat
04-24-2012, 12:13 AM
Home court is going to be huge this year because role players play better at home and the bulls have the best role players around. Late game situations, the bulls have proven this year that they don't need rose to close out every game, so lebron on rose is not going to mean as much as last year. If there is one thing I do know from this crazy season, it's that the bulls are better equipped to hold course at home this year as opposed to last year because of the bench's growth and the heat quite frankly have shown little on the road in comparison to last year. So the question is, how confident are you in the heat beating the bulls on the road? Right now, i would say not very.

Crackadalic
04-24-2012, 12:18 AM
It might come down to homecourt this year. Bulls could be out for revenge if they play Miami

Blah Blah Blah
04-24-2012, 12:46 AM
Lack of versatility? Miami has 2 elite playmakers in wade and bron. Bulls have one. In the end of the game when its close, becuase all our games are like that, miami's defense is elite, their help defense is great. as much as bulls fans want to disregard it, lebron can force the ball out of rose's hands.

Bulls might win the battle on the boards, but miami shown they can keep it close, as long as the bulls aren't out rebounding miami by 15 they heat will be fine. i just dont think the bulls have enough offense to get past miami. Rip isn;t doing a better job defneding wade than bogans and brewer did. in the last game rip went 1-6, in the first(or 2nd, cant remember which one) game rip went 4-16. Personally, i dont think rose is enough to get them past miami, boozer doesn't worry me in the least, bulls dont utilize their bigs after the first qtr. They turn into a jump shooting team way to easily. Thibs has his work cut out.

What you and the rest of the heat fans fail to understand is that, the ball movement offensively for Chicago is better than Miami's in the half court. Everything is coming off of Lebron/Wade in the half court and thus makes Miami very predictable offensively in their half court. Reason i mention this is because if you limit Miami's transition baskets, meaning not giving up long rebounds and getting back defensively the Heat struggle a bit more. For Chicago, if Rip or anyone on Chicago is struggling scoring, they have more guys to pick up the slack than Miami does if Lebron/Wade struggle to score.

But that doesn't change how predictable their offense is going to be and the same thing is going to stick, limit their transition baskets by not turning the ball over/getting back defensively/not giving up long rebounds hinders Miami. Fact is that other teams have a shot, and Chicago has a better shot than you and your fan base may want to believe.

Yes Miami is going to be the favorites (deservingly so) but the way you and the rest of your fanbase treat the Heat as a higher level than God it seems along with showing no respect to the other teams is frustrating honestly.

ryang
04-24-2012, 12:53 AM
Bulls stand a great chance.. But to say there halfcourt offense is better is a stretch.. Im pretty sure the last time we met and last years playoffs proved that just because its predictable doesnt mean it doesnt work and the bulls as a jump shooting team is nothing to tremble about.. not baiting just sayin

gotoHcarolina52
04-24-2012, 12:58 AM
You can anticipate it all you want, but good luck stopping it.

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Bulls stand a great chance.. But to say there halfcourt offense is better is a stretch.. Im pretty sure the last time we met and last years playoffs proved that just because its predictable doesnt mean it doesnt work and the bulls as a jump shooting team is nothing to tremble about.. not baiting just sayin

This is a good point, they do turn into a jump shooting team vs us. I think its because miami packs the paint. Just make sure they dont out rebound us by more than 6(which miami has shown they can do) and i'm feeling good.

eibbor
04-24-2012, 01:07 AM

Thoughts!!!

No... Even if every game is in Chicago... They can't beat the heat in a series.

Jayrich28
04-24-2012, 01:12 AM
Is a pig ***** pork?

Raps18-19 Champ
04-24-2012, 01:28 AM
They lost last year with HC. In that case, I'd assume they would also lose if the Heat had HC.

So they'll probably need HC to win.

gotoHcarolina52
04-24-2012, 02:00 AM
They lost last year with HC. In that case, I'd assume they would also lose if the Heat had HC.

Now that they have His Chivalrous Excellency The Masked Savior Lord Richard "Rip" Hamilton on board, they don't need no stinkin' home court to pull this **** off.

xxcubs22xx
04-24-2012, 02:33 AM
Now that they have His Chivalrous Excellency The Masked Savior Lord Richard "Rip" Hamilton on board, they don't need no stinkin' home court to pull this **** off.

Welcome aboard! :clap:

ChicagoJ
04-24-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm a bulls fan and obviously want them to win, but they still have to prove to me as a fan that in big games there offensive players can step up when it counts. All great teams have players that can do that in big games. Miami has LeBron and Wade, two solid veteran stars. I know people will bash LeBron in the 4th quarter, but I'd still rather not be facing him when the game is on the line.

With that said, if the Bulls depth players step up and they can generate offense I think they can beat the heat and do it rather soundly. But, it is yet to be seen if the bulls role players can get it done. Last year the Miami defense shut them down when it counted. Hopefully with rip and an improved team this year things will be different.

tcav701
04-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Let me guess?

Heat fans: Yes
Bulls fans: No

pakyofivetimes
04-24-2012, 12:53 PM
I think they really can't.

Just like last year's ECF when DRose really didn't play his MVP standards except that game 1. And now, even worst. Having DRose unhealthy? And battle of the 2nd best team in the East?(11-12 standings) Even if you say that LJ6 choke's in the 4rth, Wade can carry a team plus Bosh. So I really expect that Chicago can't win the EAST place in the FINALS.

BUUUUUUUUT, We really don't know. What if DRose go God-Mode, just like MJ23 and just sweep other teams including Miami Heat? HAHA.

ANNNND WE REALLY REALLY REALLY DON'T KNOW what would happen in the playoffs. So just tune in and wait for the result.

PS=NOT A BULL OR HEAT HATER.

Good luck all Playoff Participating Team!

:):):):):):):):)

Gibby23
04-24-2012, 12:53 PM
No, they need to play a best of 6.

Cal827
04-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Doubt it. Miami in 5 again is what I'm thinking. An unhealthy Rose against a team that has found ways to stop him of late... They are gonna need their shooters and boozer to step it up to force 7. Again, Bosh/Boozer battle here is very important.

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 12:58 PM

1) obvious troll thread

2) they are getting old

3) I dont think so

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-24-2012, 01:23 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=689401

undermeyou
04-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Let me guess?

Heat fans: Yes
Bulls fans: No

What about other fans

Shmontaine
04-24-2012, 01:35 PM
dupe...

CHANGO
04-24-2012, 01:40 PM
We can say no...

They can say yes...

And we will never know until it happens...

Baller1
04-24-2012, 01:48 PM
If Miami is healthy, then no.

Big Zo
04-24-2012, 01:53 PM
We can say no...

They can say yes...

And we will never know until it happens...

We have a winner!

Sinestro
04-24-2012, 01:53 PM
First all the Knicks threads and now Bulls?

ThunderousDemon
04-24-2012, 01:58 PM
That's a tough one, I don't know to be honest.

The goods
04-24-2012, 02:00 PM
The heat have to get past the knicks first,and that won't be an easy series.
But who knows if both teams are healthy it'll be a good series.

TrueProdigy
04-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Wow people really create fake accounts and try and start bait threads here how sad.

Anyways for my opinion I think that they can and anyone that says they cant is crazy in my opinion. Will they no one knows until they EFC comes around all we know for sure is it will be a great series by two powerhouse teams

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 02:05 PM

Your giving the knicks far to much credit i think. Cant wait for miami's playoff defense.

pacofunk64
04-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Does a bear **** in the woods and wipe his *** with a white rabbit? I guess we'll have to watch to find out.

bowieinspace
04-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Yes. Last year rose was MVP because the team wasn't great without him. This year, the bulls have the best record in the nba even though rose missed nearly half the season and we never really had a consistent starting 5. As long as the bulls stay healthy through the first 2 series, one in which is shortened I believe, then I think they'll come out really strong in the ecf and win the series. It will be a great series, like Detroit and Chicago in the early 90s.

knicks4life33
04-24-2012, 04:42 PM
if rose is healthy i think the bulls can beat them and it will go to the distance of 7 games

theheatles
04-24-2012, 04:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgI2ZQVyrBo&feature=related

JasonJohnHorn
04-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Yeah, but it will take at least four games to do it!

ChiSportsDaily
04-24-2012, 04:56 PM
What's with all the ultimatum threads? Can they defeat the Heat? Yes. Will they? Probably not. Very different question. /done

JordansBulls
04-24-2012, 05:21 PM

Lost last year because our frontcourt got outplayed by Bosh himself. This year both Noah and Boozer are healthy.

Gibby23
04-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Lost last year because our frontcourt got outplayed by Bosh himself. This year both Noah and Boozer are healthy.

This year Rose isn't healthy.

kozelkid
04-24-2012, 05:33 PM
What about other fans

Irrelevant since they'd likely know even less about either team.

justinnum1
04-24-2012, 05:38 PM

That doesn't matter.

Jarvo
04-24-2012, 05:58 PM
The Bulls would rather have it, But to me it doesnt matter.

northsider
04-24-2012, 07:38 PM

Correction: Rose HASN'T been healthy but, that doesn't mean he isn't and won't be healthy.

pakyofivetimes
04-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Nah Nah. Rose unhealthy? C'mon now.

WadeKobe
04-25-2012, 05:42 AM

Sorry. By "won't be an easy series" you must mean 4 game sweep. :eyebrow:

The Knicks are still irrelevant. They will be, for the next decade.

basketfan4life
04-25-2012, 06:17 AM

So premature. İ advice you to think twice before speaking. Seems like you need it .

basketfan4life
04-25-2012, 06:17 AM

So premature. İ advice you to think twice before speaking. Seems like you need it .

Southsideheat
04-25-2012, 10:27 AM

Rose wasn't healthy last year either. You can argue that he's healthier this year than last year.

RaiderLakersA's
04-25-2012, 10:55 AM

This. It can go either way, no matter who has HCA. I am rooting for the Bulls this year, however, if these two teams meet.

JordansBulls
04-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Rose wasn't healthy last year either. You can argue that he's healthier this year than last year.

Boozer and Noah weren't healthy last year. Rose only suffered an ankle sprain vs ATL.

mjm07
04-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Boozer and Noah weren't healthy last year. Rose only suffered an ankle sprain vs ATL.

All i read from you are excuses.

Miller and Haslem weren't healthy in the playoffs either and we didn't have Battier.

ryang
04-25-2012, 12:05 PM
noah was healthy by the way and boozer being healthy oh no

justinnum1
04-25-2012, 12:08 PM

Miller and Haslem weren't healthy in the playoffs either and we didn't have Battier.

And we were starting mike freaking bibby!

noah was healthy by the way and boozer being healthy oh no

lol, boozer is a non factor in our games. A healthy boozer is a good thing, any minutes he is on the court is an advantage for miami imo.

Heater4life
04-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Typical Heat-Bulls banter.

As far as the thread topic, I feel the heat needed it more this season than last season given road struggles as of late. Regardless, they are capable of beating Chicago.

It'll be interesting if/when both teams meet in the conference finals. As i feel Chicago will be tested during the playoffs this season more so than last season.

Vincent
04-25-2012, 12:12 PM

No excuses.

Heat straight up beat the Bulls last year, on their floor.

That's why the Heat (and their fanbase) don't respect the Bulls at all this year. They don't fear them, and they don't think they're the top threat to the Heat coming out of the East (Boston).

If the Bulls think they can go into the series this year with the same game plan and get out hustled, out coached, and out played... they're going to be mistaken.

However, I do think that the Bulls will make major adjustments in the playoffs for the Heat.

1. Get Boozer more involved earlier rather than having Rose play full out 48 mins on offense.

2. Put Rip in many motions and screens to run D Wade ragged on defense.

3. Rotate Taj and Asik in earlier to allow Noah to go all out with his energy.

4. Run more sets for Kyle Korver when the second unit is in to create misdirections and open 3s.

5. Double LeBron and get the ball out of him later in the shot clock. Do not allow him to get into his spots on the court (wing post up, or top key drives).

Having home court advantage obviously helps a lot more for the Bulls, since Role Players seem to play better at home than on the Road.

ryang
04-25-2012, 12:23 PM
No excuses.

That's why the Heat (and their fanbase) don't respect the Bulls at all this year. They don't fear them, and they don't think they're the top threat to the Heat coming out of the East (Boston).

If the Bulls think they can go into the series this year with the same game plan and get out hustled, out coached, and out played... they're going to be mistaken.

However, I do think that the Bulls will make major adjustments in the playoffs for the Heat.

1. Get Boozer more involved earlier rather than having Rose play full out 48 mins on offense.

4. Run more sets for Kyle Korver when the second unit is in to create misdirections and open 3s.

5. Double LeBron and get the ball out of him later in the shot clock. Do not allow him to get into his spots on the court (wing post up, or top key drives). Having home court advantage obviously helps a lot more for the Bulls, since Role Players seem to play better at home than on the Road.

1: i hope boozer is having plays run for him..

2: battier will cover rip alot.. if not wade will be fine locking down your only pure scorer not named rose..

3: take noah out more often sounds awesome..

4: You make that sound easy.. dont let lebron get to his spots.. gotcha maybe u can help the rest of the league out and tell them that.. im pretty sure they all try..

5: agreed.. but that doesnt mean they will and alls we have to do is take one in your house..

That being said bulls fans should worry about Boston before you start looking forward to the ECF.. IMo boston could win that series..

Vincent
04-25-2012, 12:32 PM
No excuses.

5. Double LeBron and get the ball out of him later in the shot clock. Do not allow him to get into his spots on the court (wing post up, or top key drives). Having home court advantage obviously helps a lot more for the Bulls, since Role Players seem to play better at home than on the Road.

1: i hope boozer is having plays run for him..

2: battier will cover rip alot.. if not wade will be fine locking down your only pure scorer not named rose..

3: take noah out more often sounds awesome..

4: You make that sound easy.. dont let lebron get to his spots.. gotcha maybe u can help the rest of the league out and tell them that.. im pretty sure they all try..

5: agreed.. but that doesnt mean they will and alls we have to do is take one in your house..

That being said bulls fans should worry about Boston before you start looking forward to the ECF.. IMo boston could win that series..

1. Watching Boozer all year, I think he's been under utilized on offense all year. He was actually pretty effective early in games against the Heat, it's just that Taj has had some big big games, and always seems to love playing the Heat. But Thibs has been

2. Having Battier out there means either, 1. Wade/LeBron are on the bench... 2. LeBron is at the point... in either case, I think it's a benefit for the Bulls.

3. Noah gets into trouble when he's gassed. He makes poor decisions and is very ineffective around the basket. He has to play at a high energy for him to be effective. Which is why Thibs seems to give him a lot more breathers than his other major players.

4. Never said it was easy... lol. Nothing about this series will be "easy."

5. It certainly doesn't hurt.

DaLyingofJungl3
04-25-2012, 12:34 PM
The Heat need homecourt more than the Bulls actually
. The Heat have the best home record in the NBA. (tied with San Antonio).
-they have beaten teams like the Thunder, Bulls, Celtics,Spurs, and Lakers @ home.

Bulls have the best Road Record in the NBA btw

ryang
04-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Boozer?? come on bro on his best night it make him and bosh = a wash..

2: Lebron at the point was what beat you last year.. not sure thats an edge.. id rather have bron wade battier bosh and haslem out there.. chalmers can sit..

3: I was just sayin noah sitting makes me smile..:D

it will be a great series if it happens..

redwhitenblue
04-25-2012, 12:39 PM
If I'm Miami I would hope they don't feed Boozer. In the two games Boozer got 10 shot attempts he put up 10/5 on 50% shooting and 19/11 on 47% shooting. The two games he didn't have a big impact he wasn't utilized.

D-Will4Prez
04-25-2012, 12:43 PM
JordanBulls is obsessed with HCA. :facepalm:

Vincent
04-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Boozer?? come on bro on his best night it make him and bosh = a wash..

2: Lebron at the point was what beat you last year.. not sure thats an edge.. id rather have bron wade battier bosh and haslem out there.. chalmers can sit..

3: I was just sayin noah sitting makes me smile..:D

it will be a great series if it happens..

1. I would hope Boozer washes out Bosh's production, because Boozer is definitely going to see much less mins than Bosh.

2. LeBron didn't beat the Bulls at point, he beat the Bulls isolating on the wing and hitting timely fade away jumpers.

I think it would be a great series. I hope both teams hold their ends of the bargains and get to the Conference Finals.

gotoHcarolina52
04-25-2012, 12:46 PM
I can't wait for the Celtics-Pacers ECF. There wont be enough paper bags to go around in order for Bulls and HEAT fans to cover their shame.

Heater4life
04-25-2012, 12:48 PM
If I'm Miami I would hope they don't feed Boozer. In the two games Boozer got 10 shot attempts he put up 10/5 on 50% shooting and 19/11 on 47% shooting. The two games he didn't have a big impact he wasn't utilized.

In many ways Boozer and Bosh are catalysts for both teams. When they get involved early and are effective they change the dynamic of the game completely.

redwhitenblue
04-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Completely agree.

Heater4life
04-25-2012, 12:49 PM
I can't wait for the Celtics-Pacers ECF. There wont be enough paper bags to go around in order for Bulls and HEAT fans to cover their shame.

:laugh2:

LongIslandIcedZ
04-25-2012, 12:51 PM
David Stern would be so mad lol

Vincent
04-25-2012, 01:01 PM

Ugh. I would HATE that.

I actually dislike the Pacers much much more than I dislike the Heat.

ryang
04-25-2012, 01:02 PM
1. I would hope Boozer washes out Bosh's production, because Boozer is definitely going to see much less mins than Bosh.

2. LeBron didn't beat the Bulls at point, he beat the Bulls isolating on the wing and hitting timely fade away jumpers.

I think it would be a great series. I hope both teams hold their ends of the bargains and get to the Conference Finals.

1: my point was on his best night.. pretty sure u realize he cant do that 4 times in a series against miami..

2: So who was running point?? he covered rose.. he ran the O.. and our lineups in crunch time were lebron wade miller bosh haslem.. so who was point?? Lebron was..

3: i just want to watch you and the knicks kick the crap outta each other.. then watch the winner and boston kick the crap outta each other. then just wait to punch the team who comes out hobbling

Muttman73
04-25-2012, 01:02 PM
It could go either way, assuming neither of them get upset on the way to the finals. Having home court is a big help, but guarantees nothing.

willabeast77
04-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Miami will win again and when the Heat win, the same excuses will come from Bulls fans (Chicago is a "one-man" team, They weren't fully healthy, etc)

Vincent
04-25-2012, 02:01 PM
1: my point was on his best night.. pretty sure u realize he cant do that 4 times in a series against miami..

2: So who was running point?? he covered rose.. he ran the O.. and our lineups in crunch time were lebron wade miller bosh haslem.. so who was point?? Lebron was..

3: i just want to watch you and the knicks kick the crap outta each other.. then watch the winner and boston kick the crap outta each other. then just wait to punch the team who comes out hobbling

1. I'm not one of those Bulls fans that think Boozer is awful. As long as he's being efficient on offense and grabbing rebounds, his production is just fine with me. If he matches Bosh in production, the Bulls will win the series, because Taj is going play a good amount of mins in the series and be productive as well.

2. LeBron running the point tires him out a lot more and puts him in tougher situations to score the ball. He can do it for short stretches, but def not a significant portions of the series.

Bulls lost the series because Rose was awful and missing jumpers and shots regardless whether LeBron was on him or not.

3. I don't play on the Bulls, so you really don't have to watch me in particular beat up on the Knicks. lol

Afridi786
04-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Role players tend to play better at home, so it does help Chicago.

NoahH
04-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Umm is D Rose even healthy tho? How can the Bulls beat the Heat without a healthy Rose

ManningToTyree
04-25-2012, 02:28 PM
The OP is obsessed with HCA

Cool007
04-25-2012, 02:50 PM
To me, if Bulls were to win then it's not becuase they have home court advantage but they will because they were able to win on the road.

Meaning any team that is going to the Finals or win it all, WILL have to win the games on the road.

Also, HCA is only important (or super important) when the series goes to 7th game.

Southsideheat
04-25-2012, 02:58 PM

The ankle injury was in the Indiana series. Not too mention he was gassed by the end of last year.

JordansBulls
04-25-2012, 03:47 PM
To me, if Bulls were to win then it's not becuase they have home court advantage but they will because they were able to win on the road.

Meaning any team that is going to the Finals or win it all, WILL have to win the games on the road.

Also, HCA is only important (or super important) when the series goes to 7th game.

No HCA is always important especially if you have a superstar on your team.

Vincent
04-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Umm is D Rose even healthy tho? How can the Bulls beat the Heat without a healthy Rose

No one is really sure how healthy Rose is, we'll basically have to see how he does in the 1st round to really gauge how effective he'll be throughout the playoffs.

72 Wins
04-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Bulls need scoring form Hamilton, Deng, and of course Boozer needs to play much better then last year. I anticipate Lerbon's size is going to give trouble to Rose. Do the Bulls need HCA? I'm not really sure how much of a factor Miami's "FANS" will be. :D