PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NBA season seems to be full of weak teams

MTar786
01-25-2012, 05:28 AM
Can anybody remember the last time the NBA was fully of teams that arent 'all time great potentially'?

last season we had the lakers, celtics, bulls, heat, mavs, spurs and magic
in 2010 the lakers and celtics were GREAT teams, along with the cavs, magic,

every season I can remember for a long time had atleast 2 REALLY unbeleivable teams with a couple of Really really ood teams.
This year seems pretty weak. we got the heat who arent playing as well as we would have thought. the lakers are weak now. the celtics are too. the bulls are good.. but i wouldnt use them in the same sentence as previous elite teams from previous seasons. the mavs are weak so far. this season just seems to have miami, and the the bulls, lakers, clippers and thunder as the other good teams that have a chance.

i know its still early in the season.. but what are your opinions so far?

bholly
01-25-2012, 05:34 AM
Are the Magic and Bulls worse this season than the last few seasons? I don't think so. Maybe your standards have just changed.

alexander_37
01-25-2012, 12:38 PM
LA, OKC, LAC, Bulls, Heat, Mavs, Spurs, ATL has been playing great, Houston is picking up now that their ridculous schedule has evened out, and the Magic are all good to very good teams. What are you talking about? I would say the league has evened out and the years you are looking at are full of weak teams with 2 great teams and a few really good ones.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-25-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't think we've had an idea of which teams are really good. It's been fools gold I think with a lot of teams due to scheduling and not as many back-to-backs with certain teams.

We'll have a better idea I think in February. I think a lot of the records for many teams, especially the young teams who are doing well, aren't what their record dictates. And the same goes for the aging teams that don't have an all-so great record like LA and Bos.

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-25-2012, 02:06 PM
2012 draft class will change this league. It will make decent teams good, and bad teams better. So much talent...

Monta is beast
01-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Dude have you seen the Western Conference? There are 12 teams that are very good.

goNYgoNYgo
01-25-2012, 05:23 PM
its b/c alotta teams made moves this offseason, and they didn't get a training camp to get their **** together. so they are learning on the fly. i think your opinion will change towards the end of the season.

BULLSFAN0810
01-25-2012, 06:27 PM
I think the nba is under rated.yes the teams see m bad, but it was a lock out, some guys partied Dirk..some thought the season was dead.some didn't work out to keep in shape..and lets be real some smoked weed longer than normal.so guys are hurt because they had no camp really and started the season full speed, so guys got hurt..add that to the influx of younger players and lesser amounts of vets who once were stars or good players that filled in as reserveswho knew their roles and accepted it.imo the nba is on the up and up in the next few years because some of these young guys who are averagewill learn the game and upgrade competitiveness..in 5 to ten years

Gritz
01-25-2012, 06:34 PM
This by far is one of the worst seasons of basketball I have watched. Games going into the 4th quarter with both teams scoring around 50-60 points and atrocious shooting, its almost like watching NCAAB imo

Iodine
01-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Last year had 3 teams with a 70% win percentage and no 80%, this year has 5 70% and one 80%.

Yeah the top has fallen soooo much so far