PDA

View Full Version : Suns Are Below .500, Will Not Make The Playoffs. Why Not Trade Nash?

MetroMan
01-25-2012, 01:42 AM
Up till now the suns do not want to trade Nash because he helps them win. Well, this year they are below .500 and no way in hell will they make the playoffs.

Nash still can play. averaging 14 and 10 this year. Why are the Suns ruining his last chance at winning a ring. Also why are they making fans(including there own) make us watch them waste Nash's last efforts of his career

I hate the suns for this

John Walls Era
01-25-2012, 01:50 AM
You think the Suns care if Nash win a ring or not? Their owner is the biggest tool ever.

TO Rapz
01-25-2012, 01:59 AM
Dude they lost to my Raptors. This is an all-time low..

beasted86
01-25-2012, 02:15 AM
For what?

He makes $12M. Who are they going to trade him for and even get back value.

If you can come up with even 1 scenario where they get back 80% value in a trade, and they don't get a long term contract (REMEMBER: Nash has an expiring contract), then this thread has some value.

akagiredsuns
01-25-2012, 02:17 AM
Why is this even a thread? Nash does not want to be traded and he made that crystal clear. He wants to finish his career in a Suns uniform. He doesn't care if he doesn't win a ring. He's about loyalty through thick and thin. Let it go already.

AWC713
01-25-2012, 02:21 AM
Why is this even a thread? Nash does not want to be traded and he made that crystal clear. He wants to finish his career in a Suns uniform. He doesn't care if he doesn't win a ring. He's about loyalty through thick and thin. Let it go already.

exactly. has nothing to do with ownership. if he wants to be traded, he'll get traded.

but he's made it clear that he likes PHX.

Mr_Amaziing
01-25-2012, 02:25 AM
exactly. has nothing to do with ownership. if he wants to be traded, he'll get traded.

but he's made it clear that he likes PHX.

This

beasted86
01-25-2012, 02:42 AM
Grant Hill could have gone to a contender and chose to stay and play with Nash too.

I guess those guys just like playing there and don't want to ring chase in a limited role.

Duncan = Donkey
01-25-2012, 03:00 AM
Im still holding out hope they Trade Nash and Hill to a contender. We need to be gunning for a top pick.

Evolution23
01-25-2012, 07:22 AM
Really hope he takes the MLE next season with the Knicks but I doubt it. He seems content in PHX.

Bruno
01-25-2012, 07:31 AM
i wish nash could win a title. he deserves it. could you imagine NYK, Miami, or LAL with Nash? :drool:

Mishmin
01-25-2012, 07:36 AM
They wont get a good value back, Nash wants to stay, and although they won't win a ring, he helps make all the young talent around him better. Seems like he'll stay there for good.

Sixerlover
01-25-2012, 08:55 AM

yeah

Celticsfan2007
01-25-2012, 10:47 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8ycv9sr

:pray:

Pierzynski4Prez
01-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Haven't seen this thread in a while

king4day
01-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Dude they lost to my Raptors. This is an all-time low..

Sorry bud, we lost to the Nets at home a couple weeks ago :)
It's also a written tale that former Suns exact severe revenge when they play us. Marion the night before wrecked us and Barbosa last night.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8ycv9sr

:pray:

I wouldn't trade Gortat straight up for Rondo. That's not a knock on Rondo at all, but Gortat is turning into a stud. Morris is actually a bright spot for our future. He needs some seasoning but he's got high potential to be a very good player in the league.

The Suns can use Gortat and Morris to rebuild. If we deal Nash and Hill, there's a good chance we get a top 5 pick. Using that and sucking next year will allow us to turn the corner quickly.

king4day
01-25-2012, 11:53 AM
If we don't trade Nash, don't be surprised to see the Suns overpay for Wilson Chandler and make a run at either KG or Odom this offseason.
If we won't blow it up, that's the best way to continue to compete at least.

Skittles
01-25-2012, 12:04 PM
The Lakers should try to get him. He's the only thing that could salvage their season since Kobe is too selfish to let Bynum and Pau be a part of the offense.

jimbobjarree
01-25-2012, 12:30 PM
I respect his loyalty

KingPosey
01-25-2012, 12:33 PM
I dont know if this is weird, but I want Nash to WANT to be traded. I really want him to get one last honest crack at it.

The guy completely changed my opinion of him through his time in PHX, and I root for him now.

JordansBulls
01-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Nash said he wouldn't ask for a trade.

Da Knicks
01-25-2012, 12:55 PM
it would be good for the suns to get a better pick and good for nash to have a chance at a ring. fair trade value is gonna be the hard part.

Raph12
01-25-2012, 03:58 PM
So you trade him for bs and nobody comes to the games anymore... What good would come of this?

He is a UFA after this season anyways, they'd be better off letting his contract expire.

Lim
01-25-2012, 05:11 PM
its refreshing actually seeing people in the NBA who are LOYAL to the team that pays them millions. grant hill and steve nash are 2 of my favorite players because of this.

Birdmannn
01-25-2012, 05:57 PM
He looks great he can wait another year before going after a ring without ever looking bad in the process.

RiLoc
01-27-2012, 10:35 AM
They won't trade him because his value in terms of drawing in fans into the seats is worth more than than the value of the players they could get in return. Shortsighted? Absolutely.

king4day
01-27-2012, 12:48 PM
They won't trade him because his value in terms of drawing in fans into the seats is worth more than than the value of the players they could get in return. Shortsighted? Absolutely.

I think the plan this offseason is to make a run at guys like Wilson Chandler, and Batum. Then sign a KG or Odom and make one last run with Nash.

Nash admitted after losing to Toronto that this team just doesn't have enough talent. It was the first time that he actually admitted something like this.
While yes it's obvious, it's rare for him to speak out.

tmacmamba
01-27-2012, 01:13 PM
I think the reason the Suns haven't trade Nash yet is because they want to sell tickets, but there comes a point where you have to show loyalty to him as he has to you although there not gonna get much back if they trade him so its better if they hold onto him this season and let him walk in free agency.

iggypop123
01-27-2012, 01:21 PM
he would rather see his contract expire so he can pick what team to go to