PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Win Big, Melo Finishes With 1 Point Career Low!

Toronto_Fan
01-25-2012, 12:02 AM
So Knicks win big in Charlotte playing team ball...annnnnd Melo finishes with 1 point.

He shot 0 for 7. Only 7 shots hmmmm.
He took 30 shots the previous game.

I just wonder if he was purposely making a point (no pun) tonight or is now truly committed to team ball.

Either way, 7 shots attempts for Melo is just insane to me.
Hopefully the Knicks can get on a bit of a roll so he can take a game or 2 off and try to recover on whatever is hampering his shot.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Yea, impressive win for NYK to snap that skid.

FYI, this thread should be moved to the game thread or Knicks forum.

LOOTERX9
01-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Not watching Knicks again until they fire their bull **** head coach

Hellcrooner
01-25-2012, 12:05 AM
So Knicks win big in Charlotte playing team ball...annnnnd Melo finishes with 1 point.

I just wonder if he was purposely making a point (no pun) tonight or is now truly committed to team ball.

Hopefully the Knicks can get on a bit of a roll so he can take a game or 2 off and try to recover on whatever is hampering his shot.

if thats the case ( kobe has tryed that b.s some times, but when the 4th quarter of the game comes he cant resisit it more and starts chukinh again to be the hero of the game) it backfired badly for him.-

Toronto_Fan
01-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Yea, impressive win for NYK to snap that skid.

FYI, this thread should be moved to the game thread or Knicks forum.

With all due respect, I think the Knicks recent woes have been a league wide story that garners interest from the casual nba fan and not just those who read game threads or the Knicks specifically.

Just my opinion though, my apologies if I've broken the rules.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-25-2012, 12:11 AM
He's trying to get the point across that he's willing to take less shots of the team to win.

At least that's what it should be.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-25-2012, 12:11 AM
With all due respect, I think the Knicks recent woes have been a league wide story that garners interest from the casual nba fan and not just those who read game threads or the Knicks specifically.

Just my opinion though, my apologies if I've broken the rules.

LOL no man, nothing to do with the rules. Just organizational purposes in the NBA forum is why I brought that up, so there won't be too much clutter.

You didn't do anything wrong.

xxplayerxx23
01-25-2012, 12:14 AM
He hurt his thumb that and played 30 mins, We are not better this way, he needs to get healthy and shoot better he can take 20 shots a game and still play team ball key is to get stat involved, Davis comes back so Im exicted about that.

5ass
01-25-2012, 12:15 AM
LOL no man, nothing to do with the rules. Just organizational purposes in the NBA forum is why I brought that up, so there won't be too much clutter.

You didn't do anything wrong.

What are u talking about that post was so racist.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-25-2012, 12:16 AM
What are u talking about that post was so racist.

:laugh:

Kashmir13579
01-25-2012, 12:16 AM
2012 Knicks - The most popular team in NBA forum history.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-25-2012, 12:17 AM

Because of Iman Shumpert! :p

Kashmir13579
01-25-2012, 12:18 AM
Because of Iman Shumpert! :p

Bill "The Bruiser" Walker, imo.

Jint.
01-25-2012, 12:23 AM
All long as the Knicks are winning, I'll take Melo scoring 1 point a game all season..

Cal827
01-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Bill "The Bruiser" Walker, imo.

**** No! Harrelson all the way!

NYsFinest
01-25-2012, 12:27 AM

In the past week or so, Carmelo has injured:

His back
left wrist
sprained his ankle
jammed a finger on his shooting hand

the team was struggling shooting and he admittedly tried to do too much to try to keep us in games... sure Melo was chucking, but you actually had to watch the game to see how terrible the rest of the team was shooting wide open shots.

today the rest of the guys stepped up and Melo was more than happy to let them get their shots.

NYsFinest
01-25-2012, 12:34 AM
What has me most excited is Amar'e looked like himself for the first time this season, hopefully that wasn't just a fluke game against a terrible team.... but he was dunking all over the place, getting tough rebounds in traffic and even playing a little defense. If he can keep that up and Baron Davis has anything left in the tank then the Knicks will be ok.

Cal827
01-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Get Rid of Melo! Send him to Miami for Joel Anthony!

KB24PG16
01-25-2012, 12:37 AM
wins a win whether you score 1 or 50

John Walls Era
01-25-2012, 12:39 AM
What has me most excited is Amar'e looked like himself for the first time this season, hopefully that wasn't just a fluke game against a terrible team.... but he was dunking all over the place, getting tough rebounds in traffic and even playing a little defense. If he can keep that up and Baron Davis has anything left in the tank then the Knicks will be ok.

Thats not the Amare we know. 3 possible reasons: Fluke, Mike Antoni instilled some fire into him or Amare is pissed off. Reason 2 we can scratch off right away. 1 or 3 is about 50%.

Slimsim
01-25-2012, 12:43 AM
Why make a thread it just 1 win against a bruised up cats team

NYsFinest
01-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Why make a thread it just 1 win against a bruised up cats team

I don't think this thread was made to praise the Knicks, but instead to show how useless and detrimental a chuck like Melo is the team he is on. :eyebrow:

Kings Faithful
01-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Knicks should trade Melo for Gerald wallace. That would make them alot better imo.

Greet
01-25-2012, 12:48 AM
He was probably "trying to focus on defense" :laugh2:

NYsFinest
01-25-2012, 12:59 AM
He was probably "trying to focus on defense" :laugh2:

OR he was injured :moon:

LOOTERX9
01-25-2012, 01:00 AM
I want amare to play good so orlando would want him in a trade for howard. Then the knicks can fire dantoni and bring in Phil Jackson to coach melo/ howard in the triangle. Amare needs a pg to make him better, that's not a definition of a real star when you need another player to make you better. That sounds more like a role player to me

Gram
01-25-2012, 01:02 AM
I guess Iman Shumpert must have dropped 30 and shut down Gerald Henderson. :shrug:

IBleedPurple
01-25-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm shocked that when Melo isn't being a ballstopper, the Knicks win by a lot.

bholly
01-25-2012, 01:10 AM
1 point on 1-1 from the line - so his FT had to be a tech, right? That's awesome.

Ebbs
01-25-2012, 01:15 AM
People should lay off Melo. He has played like a top 10 player most of the season. The guy takes shots because stat was slumping and shump thinks hes an offensive weapon when he isn't. . .

LOOTERX9
01-25-2012, 01:25 AM
People should lay off Melo. He has played like a top 10 player most of the season. The guy takes shots because stat was slumping and shump thinks hes an offensive weapon when he isn't. . .

LOL, Shumpurt is Larry Hughes Reincarnated. He is gonna be a headache cause he thinks he can shoot but he cant shoot for ****

LA_Raiders
01-25-2012, 01:43 AM
Mvp

Slimsim
01-25-2012, 01:55 AM
[/B]

LOL, Shumpurt is Larry Hughes Reincarnated. He is gonna be a headache cause he thinks he can shoot but he cant shoot for ****

David lee couldn't shoot now look at him.

3mikee_
01-25-2012, 01:59 AM
Amare still doesn't look very involved.. Had a lot of garbage buckets and the offense didn't run through him enough.

Ebbs
01-25-2012, 02:25 AM
[/B]

Exactly he walked into the NBA thinking he was an elite scorer. . .

Lolz the kid is a project. I bet he gets buried in the DC when Baron gets it going. I loved when Melo waved him off the other day.,

Mr_Amaziing
01-25-2012, 02:32 AM
I want amare to play good so orlando would want him in a trade for howard. Then the knicks can fire dantoni and bring in Phil Jackson to coach melo/ howard in the triangle. Amare needs a pg to make him better, that's not a definition of a real star when you need another player to make you better. That sounds more like a role player to me

That would be scary.. Then add Deron Williams and they'll rock the east

Beltrans Mole
01-25-2012, 02:34 AM
Exactly he walked into the NBA thinking he was an elite scorer. . .

Lolz the kid is a project. I bet he gets buried in the DC when Baron gets it going. I loved when Melo waved him off the other day.,

He's a rookie man, he's still learning on the fly. He knows that it's Melo's and Amare's team, he's just energetic and ready to play. He's a tremendous defender and is very athletic...that will go a long way for him in the NBA. He'll be a fine player for the Knicks.

blahblahyoutoo
01-25-2012, 02:35 AM

or it could be that amare and co. operate better without the ball stopper.

blahblahyoutoo
01-25-2012, 02:36 AM
Amare needs a pg to make him better, that's not a definition of a real star when you need another player to make you better. That sounds more like a role player to me

agree.

Sactown
01-25-2012, 02:46 AM
They beat the bobcats who are missing their best player.. Awesome..

thechom80
01-25-2012, 03:14 AM
Team gets the W and he proved his point. Classic.

Celtics33
01-25-2012, 06:07 AM
It was a nice win for New York. I don't like Melo's stat line especially cause I got em' in Fantasy ball.

YoungOne
01-25-2012, 06:20 AM
this gets annoying :facepalm:

Weezy
01-25-2012, 09:22 AM
this gets annoying :facepalm:

Get used to it. :sigh:

This does remind me of Kobe and media complaining about him taking too many shots. We ll see what happens.

Tyson impressed me the most actually.

daleja424
01-25-2012, 09:46 AM
This is why it is easy to say Melo is overrated.

1) The Knicks have lost 20+ more games than the Nuggets since Melo was traded.

2) On a night where Melo does his best Landry Fields impersonation, the rest of the Knicks shine and they play their best game in months.

Melo can absolutely get buckets... but is his style of play at all condusive to winning/championship level basketball. He chucks shots like Kobe... except Kobe also does everything else while he is on the floo. Can you win a title with Melo as your best player?

I guess my question is this... is Melo closer to Kevin Martin than Kobe/Durant/Lebron? Right now he is paid and honnored like he is elite... but is he?

Badluck33
01-25-2012, 09:52 AM
"Melo please come to NY"

"Melo+Stat=DYNASTY"

;)

omdigga
01-25-2012, 09:56 AM
knicks win big.. that all that matters..

SportsAndrew25
01-25-2012, 10:00 AM
One of the weirdest Knicks games you will ever see.

LongIslandIcedZ
01-25-2012, 10:13 AM
I like the direction their headed in. Melo is playing injured which blows, but Fields is gaining confidence and cutting well and getting to the line. Amar'e is slowly looking better, just has to stay out of foul trouble. Chandler is a beast. And Shumpert is great on D, meh on O. Bring in Davis to run the point and one other bench player at the deadline I think they'll be in good shape.

EnWhyKay
01-25-2012, 10:16 AM
The lack of respect for Carmelo Anthony is disgusting.. If you dont watch the knicks.. You shouldnt have an opinion..

daleja424
01-25-2012, 10:18 AM
The lack of respect for Carmelo Anthony is disgusting.. If you dont watch the knicks.. You shouldnt have an opinion..

And what about people that have watched the Knicks objectively and still don't like what melo brings to that team... are we allowed to have an opinion?

He115ing
01-25-2012, 10:20 AM

Hmm... maybe that is why they won...

nycericanguy
01-25-2012, 10:35 AM
This is why it is easy to say Melo is overrated.

1) The Knicks have lost 20+ more games than the Nuggets since Melo was traded.

2) On a night where Melo does his best Landry Fields impersonation, the rest of the Knicks shine and they play their best game in months.

Melo can absolutely get buckets... but is his style of play at all condusive to winning/championship level basketball. He chucks shots like Kobe... except Kobe also does everything else while he is on the floo. Can you win a title with Melo as your best player?

I guess my question is this... is Melo closer to Kevin Martin than Kobe/Durant/Lebron? Right now he is paid and honnored like he is elite... but is he?

thats false, even if you count the playoffs where NY was swept the Nuggets have lost 16 and NY 28 or 29.

daleja424
01-25-2012, 10:37 AM
sorry... I said that wrong... I meant that there is a 20 game swing between them. One team is like ten below .500 and the other is like 10 above .500

EnWhyKay
01-25-2012, 10:37 AM
And what about people that have watched the Knicks objectively and still don't like what melo brings to that team... are we allowed to have an opinion?

If you watch the team objectively.. You would know that they are slumping as a team.. It is not just Melo.. Everybody has been playing poorly...

Guys dont know where to be on offense.. The PG consitently misses cutters off the Pick and Roll.. And we are missing wide open three pointers.. Melo being the best player on the team I can understand that he should get the lion share of the blame.. But at the same time.. People calling for his trade for the likes of Gerald Wallace are delusional..

Last year's team was a .500 team that would be lucky to sniff the second round.. This year's team with Anthony.. And maybe a piece or two.. Maybe not.. Can beat ANYBODY.. They just need time to gel.. And they need to get a competent PG on the floor...

If you watch the Knicks and watch them objectively.. You would know this..

valade16
01-25-2012, 01:45 PM

2011 Miami Heat say high...

Federal Reserve
01-25-2012, 01:47 PM
THE KNlCKS ARE BACK, BABY!

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-25-2012, 02:07 PM

If you dont watch does that mean you wont post either:confused:

Chronz
01-25-2012, 02:57 PM

If you watch the team objectively.. You would know that they are slumping as a team.. It is not just Melo.. Everybody has been playing poorly...

Guys dont know where to be on offense.. The PG consitently misses cutters off the Pick and Roll.. And we are missing wide open three pointers.. Melo being the best player on the team I can understand that he should get the lion share of the blame.. But at the same time.. People calling for his trade for the likes of Gerald Wallace are delusional..

Last year's team was a .500 team that would be lucky to sniff the second round.. This year's team with Anthony.. And maybe a piece or two.. Maybe not.. Can beat ANYBODY.. They just need time to gel.. And they need to get a competent PG on the floor...

If you watch the Knicks and watch them objectively.. You would know this..

If you think the Knicks can beat ANYONE, then your not watching them objectively IMO. The rest of your excuses were just as relevant. The fact that Melo NEEDS so much to go right is why hes overrated.

goNYgoNYgo
01-25-2012, 03:41 PM
aite first off lemme get this outta the way

whoever said stat isn't a superstar bc he needs a pg doesn't know what they are talking about. if dwight didn't have a good pg, and was getting the ball closer to the 3 pt line then the hoop, dwight would also be in trouble. and look at karl malone, he played with stockton all his career, so ur saying without him malone wouldn't have been a superstar? all big men need the ball at there spots. the knicks need a pg, doesn't need to be good, just needs to be able to pass the ball.

second, u guys need to lay off melo. melo is not made for dantoni's system which is run and gun. our biggest mistake was trying to make melo a point forward, he's a good passer, but not as good as a traditional pg. and he DEFINITELY DOES STOP THE OFFENSE, but the thing with melo is he can do it on his own. before he got injured, and we went on the 6 game losing streak he was tearing it up. he was playing at an mvp level.

it was just that melo got injured and then all the other players were playing like ****. missing three's and not even looking to pass on pick n rolls. amare was playing like crap. fields went on vacation. shumpert thought he was mj. tony douglas lost all his confidence and was playing worse a wnba player. what is a injured superstar supposed to do. he tried his best to take over with all the injuries. instead of taking time off to recover (which he should have done) he tried to pull a kobe and play injured.

and the game vs the bobcats was not really that eye opening. bobcats were missing augustine and white. we did have some good ball movement, but the main reason we won was b/c the bobcats didn't have bigs. tyson shut them down, so they weren't able to score. thats also the reason y amare played well. lets just hope it regained some of his confidence and he can do something.

Raph12
01-25-2012, 03:50 PM
I'd love to see the Knicks score 100+ again with only 1pt from Melo... Melo taking 7 shots, yes that's what you want from your top scorer.

EnWhyKay
01-26-2012, 12:16 PM
If you think the Knicks can beat ANYONE, then your not watching them objectively IMO. The rest of your excuses were just as relevant. The fact that Melo NEEDS so much to go right is why hes overrated.

Where in my post did I say that the man needed things to go right?.. I said he is playing poorly.. And it isnt just him.. The whole team is playing poorly..

From a talent stand point if these dudes can figure it out how to play as a team.... They can beat anyone.. I stand by that...

daleja424
01-26-2012, 01:55 PM
aite first off lemme get this outta the way

whoever said stat isn't a superstar bc he needs a pg doesn't know what they are talking about. if dwight didn't have a good pg, and was getting the ball closer to the 3 pt line then the hoop, dwight would also be in trouble. and look at karl malone, he played with stockton all his career, so ur saying without him malone wouldn't have been a superstar? all big men need the ball at there spots. the knicks need a pg, doesn't need to be good, just needs to be able to pass the ball.

second, u guys need to lay off melo. melo is not made for dantoni's system which is run and gun. our biggest mistake was trying to make melo a point forward, he's a good passer, but not as good as a traditional pg. and he DEFINITELY DOES STOP THE OFFENSE, but the thing with melo is he can do it on his own. before he got injured, and we went on the 6 game losing streak he was tearing it up. he was playing at an mvp level.

it was just that melo got injured and then all the other players were playing like ****. missing three's and not even looking to pass on pick n rolls. amare was playing like crap. fields went on vacation. shumpert thought he was mj. tony douglas lost all his confidence and was playing worse a wnba player. what is a injured superstar supposed to do. he tried his best to take over with all the injuries. instead of taking time off to recover (which he should have done) he tried to pull a kobe and play injured.

and the game vs the bobcats was not really that eye opening. bobcats were missing augustine and white. we did have some good ball movement, but the main reason we won was b/c the bobcats didn't have bigs. tyson shut them down, so they weren't able to score. thats also the reason y amare played well. lets just hope it regained some of his confidence and he can do something.

1) LMAO!!!! Who the hell is Dwight's good PG? You can't possibly be talking about Jameer Nelson...

2) Before Melo got injured the Knicks were 6-4 against the easiest schedule in the league bud...

3) do you really believe it is a coincidence that Amare has played bad since Melo got there? They don't mesh well.

4) As for the other stuff...what the heck do you expect? When you build a big three, it is up to those guys to win games. PERIOD. If you are seriously relying on Iman, Douglas, etc to win you games you might as well quit now.

gaughan333
01-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Why is this a thread, and why are there 5 pages of responses?

gaughan333
01-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Seeing the excuses knicks' fans continue to run out there about why this team is bad is hilarious. Weren't they supposed to be winning the East this year according to some of you?

daleja424
01-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Seeing the excuses knicks' fans continue to run out there about why this team is bad is hilarious. Weren't they supposed to be winning the East this year according to some of you?

That is my main point and it is why I have continued this discussion.

A month ago people were saying NY would compete for a title... and now all the sudden we are suppose to dampen our expectations...

Thats not right. If you are billed as a contender and you are flopping...you deserve the criticism.