PDA

View Full Version : Which GM has the toughest job?

latinofire21
01-24-2012, 05:22 PM
With the way the ball is rolling in the NBA, which GM do you think has the toughest job creating a solid team. Whether it be a dismal living environment that deters talent from staying with the team for the long run, a losing culture, an overbearing owner, media pressure, or fan pressure. Which GM currently do you think have the toughest jobs in the NBA.

My vote would go for New Orleans Charlotte or Toronto.

iggypop123
01-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Dell demps

Cal827
01-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah, right now it's NO's Demps. Everything he does as a GM has to go through David Stern the dictator.

smith&wesson
01-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Id go with toronto first.

-outside of the united states(precieved as outside the norm)
-doesnt have a winning culture
-not much talent for other star free agents to want to play with

my 2nd choice would be new orleans.

- no one wants to trade with stern . but atleast they have e gordon.

GrapeSoda
01-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Celtics .. what the hell do you choose to do to this team? 1 last run .. trade 1 of the big 3? trade all of the big 3 and build around Rondo? trade Rondo?

John Walls Era
01-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Hornets GM has the toughest job because David Stern is a dick. Theres really not much else that needs to be said since Stern basically has even more right/power to veto their trades AND Stern is hired by the OTHER teams' owners...

utl768
01-24-2012, 05:42 PM
cleveland because the owner is insane and no one wants to play their

if they ever win a nba title itll be the biggest miracle since the 1980 US hockey team

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-24-2012, 05:46 PM
jazz's GM

Celtics33
01-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Dell demps

Raph12
01-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Right now? Has to be Otis, he'll be crucified for any move he makes...

DerekRE_3
01-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Gm's of small market teams that spend the bare minimum.

Hellcrooner
01-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Bobcats.
Not a single piece to build upon. Not a single good trade assetn, and low market.

You could argue celtics and Lakers are in a frack position too with all their assets being OLD( and signed long term in L.A case).

latinofire21
01-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Id go with toronto first.

-outside of the united states(precieved as outside the norm)
-doesnt have a winning culture
-not much talent for other star free agents to want to play with

my 2nd choice would be new orleans.

- no one wants to trade with stern . but atleast they have e gordon.

I agree with you. Cant really attract talented free agents to come to Toronto so your stuck trying to strike gold in the Draft.

The guy who said Celtics I dont really think is as bad as the others. He still has assets to trade. He has more assets to trade to build a younger team then Toronto has.

Otis Smith has a dumb owner but again he will get return on Dwight regardless of where he goes. I dont think that is as bad as Toronto.

You might be on to something with Cleveland except they do well in the draft and I see them doing a Twolves route to become respectable again.

New Orleans GM is in a tough spot right now because he has no owner and David Stern is a shrewd Mafia boss lol. I didnt think people would be willing to stay in New Orleans but reportedly Gordon wants an extension there so at least they can attract some talent to play in New Orleans.

Charlotte just seems like a dump and the owner is ******** so they seem to be high up there too on my list.

I would have to flip a coin between New Orleans and Toronto to be honest.

Hellcrooner
01-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Celtics .. what the hell do you choose to do to this team? 1 last run .. trade 1 of the big 3? trade all of the big 3 and build around Rondo? trade Rondo?

Try to convince Hawks that they are going nowhere and trade kgs expiring for Joe Johnson.
Trade allen + Jermaine oneal for either Boozer/ Stoudamire/ Gasol ( those teams could use the expirings hole to make a play for dwight).

there you go, back in contention for another 2 years.

AntiG
01-24-2012, 06:14 PM
for this year, the Celtics. Ainge has to make a decision whether to blow up the team and hope that he can land some lottery picks for his aging vets or trade away the franchise player (Rondo) along with one of the HOFers in order to try to land another franchise player or ride it out hoping for a championship. Neither decision might turn out well for Boston either, and it is in a city that expects you to win and win now.

GrapeSoda
01-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Try to convince Hawks that they are going nowhere and trade kgs expiring for Joe Johnson.
Trade allen + Jermaine oneal for either Boozer/ Stoudamire/ Gasol ( those teams could use the expirings hole to make a play for dwight).

there you go, back in contention for another 2 years.

Rondo
Joe Johnson
Pierce
Stoudemire
?

not a bad team at all if they can get a defensive center ..

latinofire21
01-24-2012, 06:33 PM
for this year, the Celtics. Ainge has to make a decision whether to blow up the team and hope that he can land some lottery picks for his aging vets or trade away the franchise player (Rondo) along with one of the HOFers in order to try to land another franchise player or ride it out hoping for a championship. Neither decision might turn out well for Boston either, and it is in a city that expects you to win and win now.

If I were Ainge I would wait until the deadline and wait to see if Prokorov completely misses on Dwight Howard. If he does I would offer a package of KG Pierce and Ray Allen for their role players and all their draft picks and just rebuild through the draft.

Bishnoff
01-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Lance Blanks (Suns) has a pretty tough job. He has next to no trade bait (aside from a 37 year old Nash and Gortat who we should keep), and every player knows that the owner (Sarver) is a tightarse and no FA stars are interested in signing in Phoenix.

Toughest job would go to Demps.

ManRam
01-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Otis for sure.

He's got a team full of pricey players that isn't good enough to win it all, a star that's demanded a trade and is as emotionally strong as a 3 year old, no amazing trade assets, an owner who doesn't want to rebuild and would rather be decent for years than blow this joint up, and a fan base that hates him.

Dell Demps too...but that's just an unfortunate situation he's in.

DerekRE_3
01-24-2012, 11:28 PM
At least Otis Smith has an owner who will spend money. Giving Rashard Lewis that much money was ********. Trading for Hedo was ********. Trading for Gilbert was ********.

Sorry, I just can't agree with a GM having a tough job when the owner is willing to spend 90+ million on a team.

Sactown
01-25-2012, 02:34 AM
Otis Smith and Danny Ainge right now.