PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A. Smith Loses His ***** over the Knicks! (Audio)

Toronto_Fan
01-23-2012, 01:45 PM
I know this was posted in the "Diagnose The Knicks" thread but it is so epic I thought it might deserve its own thread.
10 minutes of hilarity and "some" truths.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=7490472

Cliff Notes:

-Knicks on precipice of disaster
-Heads should roll before end of season
-D'antoni lost the ear of the players
-Galinari is the second coming of Michael Jordan
-He's not worried about Melo's shooting slump
-He is worried about Amare's realtionship with Melo
-STAT looks demoralized
-Orlando Magic are rumoured to enquire about Chandler and STAT to Orlando for D.Howard
-Amare doesnt look happy about being on the floor with Melo
-If everyone has to go, Stephen A. would keep Melo cuz he believes in him
-Amare is hiding his bad knees and wonky back from the public
-D'antoni's style is wearing Amare down.
-The GM needs to make a move soon because the more they play the less attractive they become as trade bait
-This aint called "showfriends" its called "showbusiness"
-The clock is officialy ticking and the honeymoon is over

Rosh
01-23-2012, 01:46 PM
I would love for them to keep Melo. I think it would keep them ultimately irrelevant Finals-wise.

meloman1592
01-23-2012, 01:54 PM
I would love for them to keep Melo. I think it would keep them ultimately irrelevant Finals-wise.

And as long as the heat can put lebron on rose, so will the bulls

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Hilarious

Slimsim
01-23-2012, 02:00 PM
PSD were bating and trolling happens. God how the NBA forum Has fallen to a new low

Rockice_8
01-23-2012, 02:15 PM
NBA is in serious need of new writers. From Steven A to guys like Broussard, Sherridan, and Stein. They have to be by far the worst writers of any sport. They consistently just make **** up and so many of you guys eat it up like fact.

MTL_123
01-23-2012, 02:24 PM
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT was so jks

piaband
01-23-2012, 02:26 PM

Um, ya...OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKySloAfLS0

And I WISH I could find the video where LeBron tried to D up Rose in the playoffs a few years ago. Lebaron called Mo Williams off cus Rose was Burning him. Rose does a step back jumper right in his face to seal the game. It made LeBron look like a Newb.

It was so glorious. LeBron cant stop Rose my man. You cant stop greatness. You can only slow it down. The nice part, is that the Bulls supporting cast is SOOOO much better than Miami. I cant wait for the playoffs this year.

Toronto_Fan
01-23-2012, 02:28 PM
PSD were bating and trolling happens. God how the NBA forum Has fallen to a new low

Not sure how posting a legitimite ESPN link about the New York Knicks on a forum dedicated to NBA basketball whilst providing cliff notes on the content is trolling tbh.

ManRam
01-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Wow.

Tell us how you really feel!

Danilo the second coming of MJ :laugh:

He's so mad.

justinnum1
01-23-2012, 02:44 PM
funny rant

Will 2 BE
01-23-2012, 02:46 PM
The Man is speaking like a New Yorker, very passionate and VERY Fed up with All Stars showing up to NY and half a**ing it. I dont focus on the Dwight part but he speaks the truth

Everyone who watch's the Knicks play this year can see that Melo and Amare just dont seem to want and try to figure it out, and Im a die hard Knicks fan but i can admit something is wrong wether its the coaching or the players.

Big2win
01-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Truth hurts only weak people. Great people use it as motivation. I'm anxious to see which one our young stars are.

BALLER71
01-23-2012, 03:17 PM
It was so glorious. LeBron cant stop Rose my man.

Did you forget entirely what happened when Lebron guarded Rose?

Raph12
01-23-2012, 03:30 PM
What a loser, dude needs to get a life.

CostanzaNumba0
01-23-2012, 03:32 PM

why? this is gold

Rosh
01-23-2012, 03:33 PM

Ha. Now that's some blind hatred for you. Try watching a couple of Bulls games this season before you spew that kind of stuff.

Melo is a ball-stopping, elite scorer. I love that the Nuggets have been able to perform so much better without. And as I recall, the Knicks were a lot better off pre-Melo as well.

Ignoring one's own problems by saying something along the lines of "Oh yeah? Well, you'll suck too" is never a good sign for a team.

tbone2171
01-23-2012, 03:36 PM
It's just sports dude..

IVE GOT WOOD
01-23-2012, 03:38 PM
I know this was posted in the "Diagnose The Knicks" thread but it is so epic I thought it might deserve its own thread.

Cliff Notes:

-STAT looks demoralized
-Orlando Magic are rumoured to enquire about Chandler and STAT to Orlando for D.Howard
-The GM needs to make a move soon because the more they play the less attractive they become as trade bait

He didn't say he was the second coming of Jordan literally, he was saying that Gallinari came into the Garden and the Knicks made him look like the second coming of Jordan cause he dropped 37 and 11 rebounds on them.

mjt20mik
01-23-2012, 03:42 PM
love this dude

Rockice_8
01-23-2012, 03:49 PM
After listening to him can't really argue with him, he makes some good points. Take the Dwight Howard talk with a grain of salt but when talking about the Knicks he's spot on. He knows what he's talking about when it comes to basketball and what guys should be doing.

Edit: He is extremely over the top though. Dude is gonna have a coronary.

The goods
01-23-2012, 03:50 PM
I love the guy,he speaks with passion and believes what he says then if he's wrong he admits it,people take these writers to seriously their just stating their opinions.
How many other writers go on rants when their teams are losing? I like that about him.

IndyRealist
01-23-2012, 03:53 PM
It's the effect of overblown expectations. Melo was supposed to make them a contender, and then they weren't. Chandler was supposed to make them a contender, and they aren't. They traded or cut every viable PG they've had in the last 3 years. They're a mess, and it's because they didn't listen to Donnie Walsh when he said they were trading too much for Melo.

And Stephen A didn't say that Danilo was the 2nd coming, he said he looked like it against the pitiful D of the Knicks.

Mudvayne91
01-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Stephen A must truly despise Denver between the Nugs killing it and Timmy Tebow. Oh well :moon:

MCSJR2
01-23-2012, 04:12 PM
he nailed it IMO....no reason why they cant play better

PacersForLife
01-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Too funny...

Nycbball08
01-23-2012, 04:16 PM

lol...

beasted86
01-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Um, ya...OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKySloAfLS0

And I WISH I could find the video where LeBron tried to D up Rose in the playoffs a few years ago. Lebaron called Mo Williams off cus Rose was Burning him. Rose does a step back jumper right in his face to seal the game. It made LeBron look like a Newb.

It was so glorious. LeBron cant stop Rose my man. You cant stop greatness. You can only slow it down. The nice part, is that the Bulls supporting cast is SOOOO much better than Miami. I cant wait for the playoffs this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a3UW6IRsUhs#t=143s

If you think one shot is all that really defines a match-up, then you are out of your mind.

As far as the Rose offense vs. LeBron defense argument, if you can't take off the homer glasses for a second and realize that he just simply lost that matchup, then you aren't worth posting a response to in the first place.

Toronto_Fan
01-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted byI know this was posted in the "Diagnose The Knicks" thread but it is so epic I thought it might deserve its own thread.

Cliff Notes:

-STAT looks demoralized

He didn't say he was the second coming of Jordan literally, he was saying that Gallinari came into the Garden and the Knicks made him look like the second coming of Jordan cause he dropped 37 and 11 rebounds on them.

hahahahaha.
Thx for clearing that up. :facepalm:

Nycbball08
01-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Ha. Now that's some blind hatred for you. Try watching a couple of Bulls games this season before you spew that kind of stuff.

Melo is a ball-stopping, elite scorer. I love that the Nuggets have been able to perform so much better without. And as I recall, the Knicks were a lot better off pre-Melo as well.

Ignoring one's own problems by saying something along the lines of "Oh yeah? Well, you'll suck too" is never a good sign for a team.

Don't get mad son, the man's right on point..bulls ain't going nowhere when Lebron's on Rose.....ha ha haaaaa

fingerbang
01-23-2012, 04:29 PM
When Steven A. looks into the mirror he say, "I look good, mother****er". This guy prides himself on his predictions.

He predicted the Knicks to be really, really, really good.

smith&wesson
01-23-2012, 04:31 PM
he seems overly passionate about this for some reason but i cant say that i disagree with alot of what he is saying

and he didnt say gallinari is the 2nd coming of jordan. he said in that one game vs the knicks he looked like the 2nd coming of jordan. i think theres a big difference there.

ugafan
01-23-2012, 04:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=smith_stephen&id=6109026

****ing idiot.

KnicksR4Real
01-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Honestly he's right. He's speaking as a passionate Knick fan. Only the ignorant can say that he says ********. **** the Dwight rumors. This is about a terrible Knick team. They got the hype, and were deemed contenders. heck, they aren't even in the playoff picture. New York demands the greatest, and the Knicks are far from it.

dnewguy
01-23-2012, 04:49 PM
He Mad.

Rockice_8
01-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Honestly how can anyone be hating on the guy when he's just stating the obvious in his over dramatic tone however. The Knicks were expected to be a top 3-4 seed in the east and right now aren't even in the playoffs. Melo and Amare are struggling to find a balance and they can't seem to play with any sort of passion (especially Amare).

Even if he's loud and annoying when he does it, he's right and I bet a lot of NY fans are frustrated just like him.

Rosh
01-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Don't get mad son, the man's right on point..bulls ain't going nowhere when Lebron's on Rose.....ha ha haaaaa

I think your NYC boys have bigger fish to fry than worrying about us, son.

kozelkid
01-23-2012, 04:58 PM

I'd rather be somewhat relevant and be able to compete deep in the postseason each year than be completely irrelevant.

Lebatard put it perfectly, "New York, welcome to ANOTHER decade of irrelevance!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZr2qOXQJ4w#t=1m48s)
:laugh2:

Denver-boy
01-23-2012, 05:05 PM
yup he hates denver!! when his steelers lose to us, when his knicks lose to us, oh he cant control himself. does he ever act professional, he rants like a child.

Evolution23
01-23-2012, 05:07 PM

isn't that what you just did? and you call yourself a mod. you can learn a lil something from Stebo about respecting posters.

Da Knicks
01-23-2012, 05:11 PM
funny knicks will be fine

homestarunner93
01-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Stephen A. went Hitler on the Knicks.

Da Knicks
01-23-2012, 05:14 PM
isn't that what you just did? and you call yourself a mod. you can learn a lil something from Stebo about respecting posters.

get em!

trolling mods=:facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2012, 05:15 PM
funny knicks will be fine

thats what they have always said:shrug:

kozelkid
01-23-2012, 05:23 PM

get em!

trolling mods=:facepalm:

What exactly is wrong with saying that Melo is a "ballstopping, elite scorer"?

Sorry, that's just fact.

MTL_123
01-23-2012, 05:24 PM
I'd rather be somewhat relevant and be able to compete deep in the postseason each year than be completely irrelevant.

Lebatard put it perfectly, "New York, welcome to ANOTHER decade of irrelevance!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZr2qOXQJ4w#t=1m48s)
:laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Mudvayne91
01-23-2012, 05:27 PM
yup he hates denver!! when his steelers lose to us, when his knicks lose to us, oh he cant control himself. does he ever act professional, he rants like a child.

Pretty much

Evolution23
01-23-2012, 05:30 PM
What exactly is wrong with saying that Melo is a "ballstopping, elite scorer"?

Sorry, that's just fact.

read the whole post about Lebron shutting down Rose in the ECF.

Punk
01-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Stephen A is a moron. He said the same crap when we lost 6 straight in March of last year. We won 7 straight and he didn't say a word after that then he starts clamoring at the defense the Knicks played in Game 1 and 2 of the series against Boston.

He's the biggest idiot. He is a Knicks fan with a loud mouth basically.

The Knicks are not healthy, they need a new coach, Amare needs a PG at his possession. He cannot survive without a PG at Power forward.

Carmelo is the only post player on this team which is why he gets the ball so much. His ankle and back problems are causing him to miss easy and makeable shots close to the rim which is why his slump isn't serious.

Amare/Melo relationship isn't a big deal. Chandler/Amare is the thing that concerns me. They have no chemistry on both sides yet.

Melo and Chandler have the most chemistry than anyone else.

Rosh
01-23-2012, 05:37 PM

Trolling what? Carmelo Anthony is a ballstopping, elite scorer. There is nothing subjective about either of those things, except perhaps the 'elite' part, but I think the majority would agree he's an elite scorer.

Just because you may not like the situation you're in (or whomever) and face facts like that from another poster, doesn't make it trolling.

I didn't come out and say, "MAHHH MELO SUCKZ". I said, that he is a ballstopper (which he is, and has been documented to be as much ever since his Denver days) and he scores the ball as well as about anyone in the NBA, and that's also been documented since his early days.

With those things in mind, I am glad he is not on my team because the amount of distortion he causes with a team's system is not a headache I'd like to be dealing with. And I'd rather deal with the headache of trying to get around LeBron in the Eastern Conference Finals than have to figure out how to turn around a team that was much hyped in the preseason and whom some picked to be a top 3-4 seed with Melo and Amar'e.

AnalyzeNShoot
01-23-2012, 05:38 PM
This man should be in one of those "Dont try this at Home" Commercial. I mean that was ****ing good acting.

GIANTKNICK
01-23-2012, 05:43 PM
New York where panic sells like hot cakes. Ratings good way too get it but we are looking bad rite now.

Denver-boy
01-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Pretty much

he even dissed tebow, when the topic was about the knicks lol this guy hates denver, and denver now hates him

NYtilIdie
01-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Thank goodness I'm a Kings fan, a team with a future :whistle:

kobebabe
01-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Truth Hurts!

Geolink
01-23-2012, 06:03 PM
It's just sports dude..

Millionaire's playing sports btw. It's not like these players are getting paid $8-11 an hour like everyday folks.

So, it does mean something.

MTar786
01-23-2012, 08:17 PM
trade amare, chandler and fields for dwight and hedo.

fire dantoni

hire a good defensive minded coach that is atleast above average on offense. get jeff van gundy lol. and then smile and win games.

LA_Raiders
01-23-2012, 08:41 PM
lol. I feel you NY

P Styles
01-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Ugh I hate that guy. This week has been bad enough without having to hear his rant.

Tony_Starks
01-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Steven A Smith has JOKES! You have to admit "precipice of disaster" is kind of hilarious.

You can't be mad at the guy though, he gives it to everybody equally he also called out Lebron last year.

And its not exactly like he's lying.....

Tony_Starks
01-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Thank goodness I'm a Kings fan, a team with a future :whistle:

Man that sig was one of my favorite parts of his standup! That guy!!

Gram
01-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Stephen A. Smith.

JordansBulls
01-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Did you forget entirely what happened when Lebron guarded Rose?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7vykX4mqWw

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Stephen A just yells for affect. He does a show in LA and he does the same thing for the Laker's. He acts as if he is a fan of these teams, but he just plays to what the audience wants to talk about. Isn't he a Sixer fan?

Gibby
01-23-2012, 11:08 PM
this dude tries too hard.

SA5195
01-23-2012, 11:09 PM
HAHAHAHA lol :laugh:

TO Rapz
01-23-2012, 11:10 PM
This is so ****ing jokes. He mad. He so, so, so mad. :laugh:

Celtics33
01-23-2012, 11:24 PM
That was a funny radio show.

Mr_Amaziing
01-24-2012, 01:05 AM
:)
Amare was beasting before Melo ruin the team.Melo is a ballhog, But hey what can do you do

King P
01-24-2012, 01:25 AM
It's egregious!!!
It's unconscionable!!!
It's unconsititutional!!!
It's asinine, asiten, asieleven, asitwelve!!!

spreadeagle
01-24-2012, 02:09 AM
pretty damn amazing..I love Stephen A..hes full of bogus facts but god damn hes entertaining lol

SportsAndrew25
01-24-2012, 02:59 AM
I feel the same way about the state of this team. Mike D'Antoni went on his knees and thanked based God that Kyle Williams fumbled that ball because had the Giants lost, there would be a day of mourning, followed by Mike being put on the hot as hell hot seat.

John Walls Era
01-24-2012, 03:06 AM
He mad

cutiepie80
01-24-2012, 03:07 AM
I used to hate Steven, but since he goes up against Skip so much I love him now.

He has every right to be dissapointed and talking smack against this knicks team. They are pathetic for the players they have on their team.

Melo is an absolute cancer.

John Walls Era
01-24-2012, 03:16 AM
I feel like I just got trolled... and I'm not even a Knicks fan.

JordansBulls
01-24-2012, 03:41 PM
He is right though especially with the Knicks raising ticket prices by 50%.

P Styles
01-24-2012, 03:49 PM
He lets Melo off the hook way too easily.

Evolution23
01-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Trolling what? Carmelo Anthony is a ballstopping, elite scorer. There is nothing subjective about either of those things, except perhaps the 'elite' part, but I think the majority would agree he's an elite scorer.

Just because you may not like the situation you're in (or whomever) and face facts like that from another poster, doesn't make it trolling.

I didn't come out and say, "MAHHH MELO SUCKZ". I said, that he is a ballstopper (which he is, and has been documented to be as much ever since his Denver days) and he scores the ball as well as about anyone in the NBA, and that's also been documented since his early days.

With those things in mind, I am glad he is not on my team because the amount of distortion he causes with a team's system is not a headache I'd like to be dealing with. And I'd rather deal with the headache of trying to get around LeBron in the Eastern Conference Finals than have to figure out how to turn around a team that was much hyped in the preseason and whom some picked to be a top 3-4 seed with Melo and Amar'e.

I never said anything about Melo not being a ball stopper. Yeah the Bulls are a great team, but why even bring them up? This is a thread about the Knicks.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-24-2012, 04:46 PM

knicks aka dolan is all about money

Punk
01-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Aside from the bi-polar Knicks fans, nobody believes him. Nobody agrees with him, everyone knows he's a loud mouth ******. I got sick of him whining about Denver Broncos and then talking up the 49ers like they were the 1996 Bulls facing the Giants.

Fact is, Amare did not produce in the first 5 games of the season aside from the win against Boston. Against the Lakers he was criticized for shooting to many jumpers instead of attacking the paint.

He got injured missed a game against Sacramento and we won due to Josh Harrellson's ability to spread the floor and hit 4 three pointers. Finished the game with 12 points & 14 rebounds in Amare's absence. Later on he tweeted, he knows what he has to do to become a "complete" player.

He returned against Charlotte and allowed Diaw to have career numbers against him. Everyone panicked. We won 4 straight after that, Stephen A didn't say a word.

We beat up on Detroit, which was the ONLY game of the season where the entire team shot a high percentage and made their open shots and Melo racked 7 assists, 6 rebounds and only had 14 points. Yet, does not the ball?

We lost against Memphis because Amare got into foul trouble by attacking the rim and getting hit with charging fouls. He finished that game 3/7. Only played 20 minutes.

Melo misses the game against OKC the next day and Amare still struggles to get shots and score the ball. I guess Melo hogged the ball even when he didn't play?

Against Orlando, Amare gets into foul trouble again. Melo literally carried the team. We lost due to poor coaching.

So, my point here is this: If Amare struggles early on due to lack of a PG, how is it Melo's fault or anyone else's fault? He has proven nothing but bricked shots and offensive fouls when he gets the ball.

This team hasn't found it's stride yet. The chemistry is still not there and plus poor coaching is not helping.

Thankfully Baron is set to debut tomorrow or Saturday.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Aside from the bi-polar Knicks fans, nobody believes him. Nobody agrees with him, everyone knows he's a loud mouth ******. I got sick of him whining about Denver Broncos and then talking up the 49ers like they were the 1996 Bulls facing the Giants.

Fact is, Amare did not produce in the first 5 games of the season aside from the win against Boston. Against the Lakers he was criticized for shooting to many jumpers instead of attacking the paint.

He got injured missed a game against Sacramento and we won due to Josh Harrellson's ability to spread the floor and hit 4 three pointers. Finished the game with 12 points & 14 rebounds in Amare's absence. Later on he tweeted, he knows what he has to do to become a "complete" player.

He returned against Charlotte and allowed Diaw to have career numbers against him. Everyone panicked. We won 4 straight after that, Stephen A didn't say a word.

We beat up on Detroit, which was the ONLY game of the season where the entire team shot a high percentage and made their open shots and Melo racked 7 assists, 6 rebounds and only had 14 points. Yet, does not the ball?

We lost against Memphis because Amare got into foul trouble by attacking the rim and getting hit with charging fouls. He finished that game 3/7. Only played 20 minutes.

Melo misses the game against OKC the next day and Amare still struggles to get shots and score the ball. I guess Melo hogged the ball even when he didn't play?

Against Orlando, Amare gets into foul trouble again. Melo literally carried the team. We lost due to poor coaching.

So, my point here is this: If Amare struggles early on due to lack of a PG, how is it Melo's fault or anyone else's fault? He has proven nothing but bricked shots and offensive fouls when he gets the ball.

This team hasn't found it's stride yet. The chemistry is still not there and plus poor coaching is not helping.

Thankfully Baron is set to debut tomorrow or Saturday.

Its kinda hard to believe that Baron will make such a difference on court after the knicks have started 6-10 having the 2nd easiest schedule in the league.

nate2usmc
01-24-2012, 05:32 PM

That's what pisses me off the most but Melo > young pieces when it comes to revenue and that's all Dolan...he's not about winning at all. The loyal fanbase keeps bringin in the dough so why should he care :facepalm:

smith&wesson
01-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Truth Hurts!

nice siggy.